Kartra Software Reviews

Kartra Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"I was able to cancel other CRM’s and programs we used. Matter of fact, I actually saved money at the end of the day."
  • icon"I use kartra to sign up my affliates and its amazing the back office is laid out perfect to see your earnings. You can get paid by check or direct deposit."
  • icon"I like the fact that Kartra is quite intuitive. Also they have some premade templates from some of the top marketers in their fields."
  • icon"The integration in between Kartra and Webinarjam is a crap, this is the only bad point and strange as these two groups are brothers."
  • icon"I use a lot of video content, so the only frustrating thing is the high charges for bandwidth."
  • icon"We had over 1700 members cancelled and revoked because of a kartra error and they said they couldn't do anything about it... 100% their error and nothing they can do."

Browse all Kartra Reviews

• Have you used Kartra and would like to share your experience with others?

Tracy

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

October 2022

Kartra has revolutionized my businesses

Patricia

All in one

I started without knowing anything and confused with so many offers on the market, because you can have an app to automate, another for crm, another to store your videos, another for web pages, here you have it all and without knowing anything, it is very intuitive and the tutorials get you out of problems or doubts. I liked it a lot especially not having to open several apps and do everything from here, and the price seems very fair. I started paying the basic membership and now I have a higher one because I have had results. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Pros

As the advertisement says, Kartra is a platform that has everything you need, landig page, sales letter templates, blog, webinar, etc. You can manage your leads, do email marketing, capture leads, automate and you only pay for one platform and everything is concentrated there.

Cons

The email marketing has areas of opportunity, it is efficient but the data import sometimes takes more time than you would like, the configuration screen is not so practical, although after a while you get used to it and it works very well.

Reasons for choosing Kartra

I did the free period with a campaign and it went very well, I saw that it was functional, that you could effectively do everything on that platform and although there were some things that I thought could be improved, I was able to eliminate my vimeo subscription, mailchimp, calendly and leadpages.

Reasons for switching to Kartra

The price was somewhat similar and kartra offered more features, it turned out to be a very good decision.

Ashley

September 2022

Amazing software, but has lots of kinks

Pros

I use Kartra on a daily basis. My entire business is hosted on this platform. I have used it for years and have found lots of pros and cons. For pros: you can do just about everything on here. It does my email marketing, hosts my full website, hosts calendars, surveys, my program membership / modules, it processes payments and manages payment subscriptions, I mean it truly has it all. They have multiple avenues of support, you can email, chat, or join the Facebook group to get help. It also has lots of opportunity for customized coding to truly build out the site of your dreams if you need it. Kartra truly combines about 10 different softwares all in one.

Cons

Again, after using this software for years, I've come to find lots of pros and cons. The biggest con that I have is the aesthetics, which may sound silly, but in comparison to its biggest competitor, Kajabi, Kartra really takes the L on this one. Everything is blocky, dark, clunky, takes forever to find what you need, and overall just not a user friendly experience. The other con is how absolutely difficult it is to use some of the features, specifically building a website/page and sequences. The last con is the customer service - I prefer using the chat option to get real-time support, but 98% of the time they can't actually help you on chat. They'll take your inquiry and submit it as a "ticket" where they'll respond to via email the next day. Again, may not be a huge deal, but for some issues I've had in the past it's been a very big deal because I need real time help. They used to be able to help you via Chat but now it's all email, which is frustrating.

Reasons for choosing Kartra

Price. But since I've had to upgrade as my business grew, i'm paying the same.

Reasons for switching to Kartra

Because I needed more customization and more options. I was looking at Kajabi but decided to make the switch to Kartra because of price, but now I've had to upgrade and am paying the same on Kartra as it would've been on Kajabi.

Breann

October 2022

Kartra has it all, but it is a bit clunky.

Overall, it helped me a ton! I am impressed with the number of features, but I do believe pricing tiers are a bit overzealous. Support was always very helpful. There are a few funnel builders listed in their marketplace I wouldn't recommend, and if you pay through Kartra and need a refund, they may not help you get it back.

Pros

I love that it has freaking everything! Calendar, surveys, checkout, emails, pages, websites, and more! Full marketing system for sure! They had great lead tracking/triggers/automations. Behavior-focused scoring was cool! Tracking every point of engagement with leads is great, too. Very detailed as a CRM. Very lead-focused.

Cons

It is a bit clunky and old-fashioned looking. I don't know how else to word this, but it could use a brand upgrade for sure. Not that that really matters, I am just highly visual. They were constantly blacklisting people and i had to send frequent requests to remove people from the list. Triggers didn't always perform. For example, I created an email funnel for a quiz and wanted to send different emails for different quiz results, this was nearly impossible to do. It was easy for me to set up and use, but many friends i referred had a hard time understanding the platform.

Price, all-in-one.

Andrés J

OK software, awful support and you're locked in for life!

I was an early user of Kartra and had great expectations. They have added some nice features through time, but they changed their support policies about 2 years ago, and now I'm stuck with them. They used to be quite friendly, now they response as a typical call center, they are never wrong, and they are never ever loose. Software is OK, but has several design flaws, most which have not been fixed. I love when companies where I am a client win and make profit, as this makes sure they will grow and become better. This is not the case for Kartra, and I'm so deep in now, that looking for another provider is almost impossible. I really miss the Kartra from their first year or so!

Pros

The idea behind Kartra is amazing: a one stop for all your marketing and lead generation needs. In this sense, it has many features, so you won't need to be paying many providers, just one, for most of your needs.

Cons

Support is just awful! As an early user, I used to love their support, as I'm a proactive user with a tech background, and they were quite open to new ideas and had a very "let's see what's the issue". However, about 2 years ago, this changed. Every time you contact them, it's the typical big tech call center answer "it's not on our end, it has to be an issue on your side". They never take responsibility, and they always win. for example, in the basic plan at $100, they offer 50 GB of "bandwidth" each month. However, every new cycle your bandwidth starts automatically starts at whatever hard drive space you're using. For example, if you have 30 GB of files, at the beginning of the month, the bandwidth meter doesn't reset to 0 GB, but to 30 GB. This makes no sense, and in fact, this is not "bandwidth". I decided to give up on trying to reach support, as they are perfect, they don't admit this issue, and they also tend to give condescending responses.

Reasons for choosing Kartra

It looked like a better solution, with more characteristics and better support.

Dana

Industry: Online Media

So, So Good But Lacks In The User-Friendly Department

I no longer use Kartra but when I did, the best thing I found was the fact that it was all-in-one. I really liked being able to login to one platform and it was all there, even analytics and in-depth reports based on product, emails, link tracking, etc. It truly was full-service.

Pros

There are a lot of things to like about Kartra, specifically the absolute all-in-one platform they have. It goes far beyond just designing a website/landing page or sending an email. They cover all the bases - from websites, landing pages, email marketing/automation with sequences and tagging, funnels, simple e-commerce, digital downloads, membership sites, help desk, scheduling, forms, affiliates and now an agency solution. If you'd like to consolidate the many platforms you use, Kartra can handle 95% of everything you throw at it. Their support group on Facebook is second to none. They truly care about their people and it shows; it's like a family.

Cons

Learning the platform was a long, complicated process. They have people lined up that will help "onboard" you and while that's extremely helpful and effective, I think it's always beneficial to know your platform inside and out so you can make necessary changes as needed and not have to depend on the support team, or others. Because of the complexity, there's a time-consuming process you'll have to undertake before you can "go live". I mean, it makes sense due to the fullness and depth of their platform, just be sure to go into it knowing: (1), the trial is not nearly long enough to know if it's a right fit for your business, and (2), it'll take time to setup your workflows and make sense of how everything is integrated, and (3), host your videos elsewhere or you'll get eaten alive in bandwith overcharges. Kartra has what they call Kartraverse, which is like a step-by-step training course on how to use their platform. It's superb and very informative; however, it's still in its infancy and you have to wait until they create the next lesson before you can do in-depth with whatever topic they decide, and that was often frustrating. With that said, however, they also do a lot of webinars that are in-depth and full of insight, but sitting through a webinar to find one answer is a bit defeating when you're in a hurry or just not really sure what exactly you're even looking for. Their documentation leaves a little to be needed, however.

Reasons for choosing Kartra

Kartra had more of what I was looking for at the time and what they do, they do exceptionally well.

André

Automations, Great Templates and Features

Kartra is in the game for professionals. Is robust, with massive pro features and constant contact with users developimg new features as we need it and go forward.

Pros

Extremely easy to setup your entirely business and starting list and nurture your leads. Great graphics and video trainnings. Support always responsive. The email sequence builder is a plus

Reasons for choosing Kartra

Better price and agregated of professional features.

Yassine

The perfect tool to launch an MVP in few hours

I use kartra to quickly launch an MVP for a business idea or a landing page to collect leads, the premade templates make the website creation super easy and fast without compromising the end result. I also use the kartra API to integrate the websites I have hosted on kartra with other services like google sheet and slack.

Pros

Kartra has a lot of great premade templates that can be edited by simply dragging and dropping elements to come up with the desired design that I have in mind, it can be used to create funnels also multi-page websites. Kartra integrates with a variety of payment gateways which is a must for eCommerce businesses like mine.

Cons

There’s a bit of a learning curve at the beginning but thankfully I was able to find a lot of video tutorials about it online and I quickly got used to it.

Reasons for switching to Kartra

kartra fits my needs and it’s way cheaper than clickfunnels.

critique de l'application karta

les petit bus mais dans l'ensemble ca va

Pros

les fonctionnalités de kartra sont assez nombreuse et j'ai vraiment le tout. tout pour qu'on y reste

Cons

l'environnement est vraiment a revoir avec des bugs qui n'en finissent pas et c'est vraiment ce qui fait défaut

Drew

Familiarity breeds content

This is great for landing pages or just simple web pages too. It enable you to direct traffic to one page which can then send the visitor onto a myriad of applications.

Pros

Kartra is a plethora of things which enable you to rely on it for so many different tasks in your business. It does take a moment to get to grips with but as you become more familiar with it you can't help but be content with it too.

Cons

A bit of a steep learning curve to start.

Reasons for choosing Kartra

flexibility and the ability to use as little or as much as you needed until you feel ready to move on.

Claudia

November 2022

Great all in one tool

Pros

Kartra allows you to manage your whole funnel from prospect to customer. You can create advance email sequences depending on the behavior of your leads. You can have easy to create landing pages and all works and connects easily.

Cons

It is expensive. It is a powerful machine and it is definitely worth it if your sales exceed the annual price.

Thabiso

September 2022

What to expect before you choose kartra

Pros

I like its affiliate tool. Can easily track where conversions are coming when affiliates promote my products. email marketing is also super. Can set email sequence and this tool will send all the emails at the set time. Funnels work well too.

Cons

This is more than expensive. I actually don't know why did they put that high amount this is not beginer friendly at all

Robert

Great product - which appears to have lost customer focus and eroded its support function.

We came into this product with enormous goodwill for the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]and what he was committed to. Since his passing - it appears as if things have changed radically - in a direction that is not good. We're actively considering whether Kartra deserves our continued business. We have noticed that other leaders in digital marketing, who were early and enthusiastic Kartra advocates are now using other platforms. At least one such has told us that his experience with the decline in customer service is a reason why he's moving on. Now, today Kartra has informed us that they are going to start charging us more. That's the straw...

Pros

We love the fact that e-mail, webpages, shopping cart, video hosting & membership are all tightly integrated. No one has done a better job of this - but some are trying.

Cons

No problem with the software - but a very big problem with the customer support function which has recently deteriorated very significantly. Previously, we got quick, useful replies where the support provider actually went to the account, looked at the problem, verified it and provided video showing how to fix it. Now - numerous tickets on the same issue go unheeded because the responses are posted to an account that is not ours. Responses appear to have mis-understood the problem. Repeated pleas for help go unacknowledged. Even tried reaching out to Genesis Digital execs via phone & LinkedIn. No response. To make it worse, recently they have taken down all the instructional videos and written tutorials for Webinar Jam. Replaced them with an API document which is useless to us. One of Kartra's main selling points is "ease of use." Likewise with Webinar Jam. It's supposed to be easy to use WJ to integrate webinars into the Kartra ecosystem. We don't expect anyone to do it for us, but we're not software engineers. We have other things we need to do. So we do need easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions and support when we get it wrong. Because the tutorials are gone and the customer support is weak, we're now paying for a webinar platform which we cannot connect to Kartra and which we can't use with confidence. This affects the heart of our business at a very bad time.

Reasons for choosing Kartra

We had high confidence in Kartra [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] & team to deliver what they promised - and they did. Kartra was everything we expected and more. We are seriously disappointed in the recent changes that have made the product more difficult to use - not because the software has changed - but because the support function has eroded very significantly.To make it worse - it is now impossible to have meaningful communication with anyone in this company. We would have preferred to air all these issues in private - but no one responds to us.This request for our opinion is now the second to which we've responded in the last month. The first promised a free $47/mo training in return for our input. No sign of that yet. Only more requests for feedback. We expect our service providers to make only those promises they intend to keep.No ill-will to Genesis Digital. Abiding love for the KARTRA & WEBINAR JAM as cutting edge products. We hope to see both these platforms flourish. But they will need to continue to earn trust & confidence of customers. We understand the turmoil that happens when a leader dies. But it's now time to get focused again on business. These are not software related issues. The software is solid. This is all about customer service!!! I look forward to the opportunity to revise this review, recounting how these issues have been addressed: quickly, thoroughly, elegantly.

Reasons for switching to Kartra

Lack of integration, time consuming, confusing, not easy to use in a coordinated way.

Croix

Great for small and simple businesses but ...

Great platform as compared to others especially for small businesses. Kartra is great for the starter businesses and people needing an all-in-one platform. But it is not robust enough for big players to stay exclusively within the platform and will need to integrate with other apps and platforms. But this is typical for high traffic businesses. Still love Kartra after 2 years and hope they get their quirks sorted out and add a real customer service live chat support. That said, now we only use it as a website/landing page builder and for our membership site. For our business and funnel work properly and be more cost effective, we also integrate a different CRM, customer support app, video hosting and payment platform. I've talked to some big player friends with lots of traffic who are also Kartra users and they confirm the same. Love it, but there are glitches and it is expensive for high traffic and sales. We will stay with Kartra for the foreseeable future. We almost switched but nobody has a perfect solution for a high traffic online business. After seeking better options, I found that Kartra is still the best if you don't want to hire a tech team. We can do everything ourselves. Kartra, please add a live tech support system. At least during business hours.

Pros

I love the all-in-one concept. The idea is brilliant and the features are great and the integration is awesome for a basic user and small business. You can do most everything you need right within the platform. Funnels, sales, beautiful websites, incredible landing pages, memberships sites, shopping cart and fully integrate a complete website and sales from start to finish with lots of great analytics. Its the best all-in-one solution out there right now. Its an important part of our business but it is not robust enough for online businesses with lots fo traffic and sales.

Cons

Glitches and cost prohibitive for big businesses. COST: We drive too much traffic and sales to use the all-in-one concept for us. So we use other platforms to host our videos, CRM, customer support, and payments. We use Kartra for websites, landing pages and memberships. Using this multi platform approach we save money and have a more stable online business and funnel. PROBLEMS: We have had glitches in customer emails being black list after purchase and so they don't receive the welcome email and login to the membership. And we have random password issues for the membership. This means we have had to create redundancies and a robust customer support system to minimize refunds and complaints. CUSTOMER SUPPORT: While better recently, it still is horrible often taking a day to respond to ask questions and then an additional day to reply with an answer that is often not helpful. Most I trouble shoot myself now. Or I use a work around and that is why we integrate with other platforms. Support tickets only for a digital tech platform like Kartra is frustrating, costing us money when there are issues. USABILITY: Overall very good. I wish they would fix the step-by-step procedure and allow jumping to the section you need. There are definitely areas to make more user friendly. It is similar to thrive themes, so my learning curve was small. But if you are new to this style, it will take a while to get fluent. But it is easy to use overall. I like that a lot.

The all-in-one concept.

Reasons for switching to Kartra

The all-in-one concept. But it is not powerful enough to be the one-stop-shop like we hoped.

I'm falling in love!

Pros

I love the simplicity and the way Kartra holds your hand through every-step of the funnel build and membership set up. The onboard analytics are great. The functionality for running our automated webinar is awesome. Building fab looking pages is effortless. Cant wait to move our support desk over and start using some of the advanced functionality. For example, we are looking at implementing the SMS feature to improve our webinar show up rate.

Cons

I haven't found major issues any yet....

ClickFunnels

Reasons for choosing Kartra

We use Everwebinar and this seemed a logical step. CLick funnel reviews weren't always flattering.

Reasons for switching to Kartra

too many API's and Infusionsoft was getting behind the times, my APIs and consultancy costs were so high just to make the thing work....$12,000 a year for a consultant to get infusionsoft working was ridiculous. We are slowly transitioning everything over including 15,000 customers

Rocco

Kartra is Real Online Business Software

Love it. Sometimes I would rather get someone on the phone for support because I think it would be easier to get stuff done but Kartra's support desk is pretty quick.

Pros

There are too many features to list but my favorite is the Memberships, the ease of making a Portal with many courses, all the Done for you campaigns, the all in one ability of email, forms, integrations, the ability to interact with Zapier and other workflow products, drag and drop page building, I can go on but I only have so much space. Genisis Digital really understands how an online business should operate when they built this software.

Cons

I only have one. They need to figure out how to create the ability to add more than 4 levels of membership in their membership platform.

Reasons for choosing Kartra

The ability to use several payment gateways, ease of use and ability to sell physical products and integration with Zapier.

ClickFunnels

Reasons for switching to Kartra

I needed a more robust platform for what we were creating.

Heidi

Kartra ~ Powerful, Robust, Do-It-All ~ All-in-One Software

I have been able to get an idea about a product that my market may want and throw a page up on the web and pitch it out there and get responses. Sign ups or even payments. Now that I have learned my way around, it is relatively easy to do that!

Pros

After running a full-time ministry/business online for a couple of years, I had all kinds of programs and platforms that I was paying for monthly or yearly. When it came time to streamline it all, I narrowed it down to just Kartra. Everything is right there in one place, integrating well with WebinarJam and EverWebinar.

Cons

Two things...1.) the email component (CRM?). There is no easy way of taking the leads from Kartra and pulling them in to another CRM platform. It would be awesome if this part of Kartra was as robust as its page builder, portal builder, and membership builder! 2.) a way to set up a store of all the products or services I offer all in one "place"

ActiveCampaign and Mailchimp

Reasons for choosing Kartra

Function...Kartra can do everything I want to do better than anything else. The way my choice worked out, I had already put money out for all of the products I mention above, When I was trying to cut costs, I eliminated everything BUT Kartra and Active Campaign. Active Campaign will be eliminated at some point, too.

ActiveCampaign and Mailchimp

Reasons for switching to Kartra

Kajabi was having trouble doing what my tech team asked it to do. Kartra came out at a time when I wasn't terribly happy with some customer service responses to my questions about Kajabi.

Brittany