All Loomly Reviews

Great Scheduler

Sara

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Can’t work without it

PROS

This is truly my favorite business tool, ever. It’s super easy to use so I don’t have to worry about level of tech skill - each team member can use it regardless of their comfort with “tech.” The wizard is useful for newer folks but not cumbersome for experienced people. I love That you can duplicate posts within the same calendar or copy them to another calendar at the click of a button. It’s sooooo easy to manage multiple brands and products. I can see them all at once or individually. Oh and one of the best parts? The price! It’s so nicely priced it takes no begging to get management on board. LOVE LOOMLY!!

CONS

My only Suggestion for improvement would be letting users hide bits like the target audience tab if you don’t use it. But that’s it. And I know how to jump over it if I don’t want to use it.

Reasons for switching to Loomly

Better experience, easier to use, more flexibility and control

Dear Sara, Thank you so much for your review and your very kind words: this is immensely appreciated. It truly means the world to our team to read that you are loving Loomly: we are so grateful to wake up every morning and build the platform for you. I hear you regarding skipping the targeting panel in Post Builder and have shared your feedback with our engineering team already. As always, please let us know if we can assist you with anything. Sincerely, Thibaud, CEO of Loomly.

Whitney

Reviewed February 2020

Great option for SMM's

My overall experience with Loomly has been amazing. I switched from Buffer and haven't looked back!

PROS

I have used almost every social media management platform under the sun and Loomly is by far my favorite. When I started my own business I had a robust checklist of items I needed in a platform and Loomly fit 95% of those. Some of the features I love include: A schedule of upcoming holidays and important dates Advanced scheduling features like being able to move a post from one date to the next using the calendar feature. You would be surprised how many platforms don't offer this. The ability to schedule one post across platforms and edit the content for that specific platform. This to me is HUGE. The support - the support is amazing, I always receive relevant, friendly responses in a timely manner. The collaborators feature. My client love being able to log in and approve posts. It's simple and easy for them. The Library- I love being able to store ideas for later, saves a lot of time! These are just a few of the amazing tools Loomly offers.

CONS

Loomly doesn't offer direct posting to Instagram although I know it's in the works.

Reason for choosing Loomly

The client functionalities, the white-labeling options, the customer support, the post ideas, the library, the posting experience, etc.

Reasons for switching to Loomly

They didn't offer the functionalities I was looking for.

Dear Whitney, Thank you so much for your incredible review, this means the world to us. I am really glad to read that Loomly fits your (and your clients') needs: this is really why we wake up every morning. I confirm that we are doing everything in our power to bring Instagram direct publishing to you as soon as feasible. Please let our team know if we can help with anything. Sincerely, Thibaud, CEO of Loomly.

Replied February 2020

Tara

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Okay platform

My experience with Loomly is very poor. Forget about contacting customer support because there is none. If you do get a hold of someone, it is the same canned responses or no responses. I've had my analytics disappear numerous times without any way of getting them back, except going through the original social app's insights. Keep in mind that will not work with Instagram. Those will never be recovered. Yearly plans cannot be refunded (see fine print) if they're not holding up their end of the agreement. Probably the worst overall experience with a social posting app.

PROS

-Visual calendar to see current and upcoming posts -Multi-team use, can control who has specific access but that requires more money -Library to keep all assets in with information

CONS

-Nothing to run ads through; FB allows to drop a pin in which you want to run ads-this app cannot do that type of heavy lifting. -Loomly ends up deleting analytics at any moment. Make sure you write them down or print before they're lost, but this is the reason you're paying for more, right? -Does not post to Instagram nor YouTube. Must manual post everything for those sites -Any third parties they use for posting, they change it every year. So you need to register with those companies to get anything posted to Instagram. -Don't rely on any help from the platform. No customer service or support to speak of. Often times you're ignored or allowed to try and figure out their platform issues. In the end, it's not convenient to use.

Reason for choosing Loomly

It came down to the price point. Don't allow the price to fool you into believing you're getting quality.

Reasons for switching to Loomly

I was looking for something with accurate analytics and the ability to post to multiple platforms at a good rate. Don't let the money fool you with Loomly. You are certainly not getting what you want (or think you're getting).

Dear Tara, Thanks for your review. I'm sorry to read that your experience was not satisfactory. My team will reach out to learn more about what happened. Until then I'm addressing your concerns through Capterra: Loomly does support Facebook & Instagram Ads. You are correct that tagging products is not available yet. Loomly does not delete analytics data, even after you cancel your subscription. Only exception: LinkedIn no longer allows storing data that is older than a year. Native publishing to Instagram is expected to be available this year. For now, publishing to Instagram is available through Zapier. Loomly used to be integrated with another service, which unilaterally discontinued the integration with short notice. Native publishing to YouTube is already available. We offer support 7 days a week with a 30-minutes average response time. Again, I am sorry about your experience and my team will be in touch soon. Sincerely, Thibaud Clement, CEO of Loomly

Replied June 2020

Lori Jo

Reviewed April 2021

Best and most cost-efficient social media tool I've encountered so far.

Loomly makes it really easy to schedule content, then customize it for each channel. The analytics reporting is stellar, too. When onboarding new users, it's easy since it's so user-friendly. Overall, a really good tool.

PROS

I love the depth and ease of reporting analytics. The ability to simply pull up a screen, apply a filter and see so much detailed data that's easy to digest isn't something I've seen with the other platforms I've used, which includes the usual popular tools.

CONS

I'm wishing that the connection between Instagram Stories and Pinterest was as robust as it is for the other channels.

Reason for choosing Loomly

Better price than some, easier to use than others, best and most efficient analytics reporting

Reasons for switching to Loomly

Loomly is more user-friendly and the ability to customize and see each post as it would appear on the channel is a bonus.

Ashley

Libraries, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2020

So nice I'm using it twice

I used Loomly for my side business for over a year, and finally had the chance to utilize it at my day job a few months ago. Our Marketing Manager loves it, and no longer has to go from social media account to account trying to keep up with everything. The calendar view is wonderful. The customer service really gets me — the original onboarding was very friendly, and when I had a question about my most current account, the chat was super fast.

PROS

This is the first social media organizing software whose interface makes sense to me. I'm not fighting it. I actually look forward to using it. There are multiple views, I can connect a variety of social media, and I can customize and schedule each post.

CONS

Instagram integration isn't at 100% right now. We have to manually publish some posts. That gets frustrating, though they are working on it.

Reasons for switching to Loomly

The interface and the level of customer service.

Dear Ashley, Thank you so much for your review, this is immensely appreciated. It means a lot to read that you are enjoying Loomly and that our support team was able to assist you with you needed it. I confirm that we are doing everything in our power to bring Instagram direct publishing to you as soon as feasible. Please let us know if we can help with anything else. Sincerely, Thibaud, CEO of Loomly

Replied February 2020

Samuel

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Budget friendly alternative to HootSuite

Overall Loomly has been great. All of the features we need at a fraction of the cost of other similar solutions.

PROS

Loomly includes all of the features we were looking for. Notably, the post approval workflow/feature is really helpful and something that isn't included with other solutions at a similar price point.

CONS

Our team hasn't found many things that we don't like about Loomly. There were a few adjustments that needed to be made to our workflow, but nothing too significant. The only thing I would change is the ability to display one post scheduled for multiple dates/channels separately on the calendar.

Reasons for switching to Loomly

Our company made the switch from Hootsuite when their pricing structure was updated. A post approval process is crucial for our workflow. At one time, post approval was a feature included with a Hootsuite pricing tier that was appropriate for our company. Since then, the feature was moved to a more expensive plan. Fortunately, we found Loomly!

Dear Samuel, Thank you very much for your review, this is immensely helpful and appreciated. I am really glad to read that Loomly includes all the features you need. I believe I have great news for you: you can group/ungroup your posts in Calendar View! I have asked our support team to reach out to you to guide you through this recent feature. Please let us know if we can assist you with anything else. Sincerely, Thibaud, CEO of Loomly.

Mauro

Reviewed May 2021

Excellent for multi-account w/ client's approval

Easy, reliable and complete for major account management.

PROS

Loomly really streamlines the creation and publishing process for social media. It allows for customer review and approval and keeps track of who is doing - or needs to do, what. It has all major indispensable features and social networks and you can bulk edit and fine-tune each content.

CONS

Calendar view by month is a little cumbersome because it doesn't give bird's eye view when you are at the end of the month. 4-week view like Google calendar would be better.

Reason for choosing Loomly

Best features/price ratio and solid approval process for customer's account. Adding more team collaborators on equivalent products was way more expensive. Other products did not have same social networks support.

Jess

Professional Training & Coaching, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2020

Makes life so much easier!!

PROS

I get inspired by new things DAILY and my top priority in choosing a social media scheduler was to have a platform that allowed me to easily rearrange posts so that I wouldn't have to put new inspiration at the end of the queue of scheduled posts. I LOVE Loomly because I can drag and drop my posts on my calendar and move an item from one day to another happens in a matter of a second. This capability wasn't possible on other platforms that I explored and it means the most to me! I also love that I can color code and label every single post to stay completely organized and easily see what I've got coming up for scheduled posts!

CONS

There isn't anything significant that I dislike about Loomly - I've had a great experience and highly recommend it!

Reason for choosing Loomly

Pricing & ability to easily rearrange my scheduled posts.

Heide

Reviewed April 2022

Great for freelance social media marketing!

Overall, Loomly has been a very helpful tool when scheduling and managing multiple social media channels.

PROS

I like the layout and ease of scheduling posts on multiple platforms at once. I can start with my "base post" and change/update each channel. I like the ability to save the hashtags, and now that I can schedule multiple photos on IG, I'm just about set!

CONS

I don't love the analytics (but that's not a big deal). Other than that, it's really been a great experience.

Reason for choosing Loomly

Loomly was overall easier to use, on the lower end of the price range, and very simple to teach to others.

Tara

Online Media, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Best, Simple Social Media Scheduling Tool

Loomly is simple, reliable, and inexpensive. I'd definitely recommend it.

PROS

This tool is functional, easy to learn, and very inexpensive. If you're new to social media scheduling or looking for something basic, this is the way to go. I'm impressed that they don't charge tons of extra fees for having multiple accounts on there, making this tool ideal for a freelancer.

CONS

It's not easy to switch to a calendar function like it is on competitors' tools.

Reason for choosing Loomly

Price and availability of a free trial.

Reasons for switching to Loomly

I got the tool to manage a specific client's social, and they were on a budget.

Erin

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Great tool for your business

PROS

I really enjoy the ease of use for Loomly for our business. I'm able to schedule out our social media across many channels for multiple accounts. I appreciate how I can 'set it and forget it' for the certain social accounts.

CONS

The few things I struggle with the most are not having Loomly auto publish to Instagram. I understand that this is in the works and will hopefully happen soon. The other pieces are not being able to edit photos within the system such as cropping or minor adjustments to photo editing, and having an emoji feature to add to the content.

Reason for choosing Loomly

The cost was a deciding factor for choosing this platform.

Reasons for switching to Loomly

We wanted a platform that allowed for multiple social accounts to be scheduled out in advance and something that would be affordable for our company. Loomly offered a non-profit discount which was extremely beneficial to our business.

Hi Erin, Thank you so much for your review, this is really useful. I am glad to read that you find Loomly easy to use. I confirm that we are doing everything in our power to bring Instagram direct publishing to you as soon as possible. We also have a photo editing feature in the works that should fit exactly the need you describe. Please let us know if we can assist you with anything. Sincerely, Thibaud, CEO of Loomly.

Cierra

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Better Than the Others

I had been using Hootsuite before trying Loomly but it was buggy and expensive, Loomly has more features and is cheaper – a much better value. My team has loved using Loomly over other platforms and we'll never go back.

PROS

I love that you can preview how your posts are going to look in your instagram feed before you post.

CONS

The only con is there isn't direct publishing to Instagram, but that's Instagram's fault.

Reason for choosing Loomly

Loomly's interface is much easier to use than other softwares and they have bonus features than others don't have, such as previewing your Instagram posts in the feed once scheduled.

Reasons for switching to Loomly

Hootsuite was buggy and dropping features, and was incredibly expensive for multi-user use.

Dear Cierra, Thank you very much for your review, this is immensely helpful. I am truly glad to read that your team has been enjoying using Loomly, it means the world to us. I confirm that we are doing everything in our power to bring Instagram direct publishing to you as soon as feasible. Please let our team know if we can assist you with anything else. Sincerely, Thibaud, CEO of Loomly.

Replied September 2019

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Outstanding platform built for Social Media experts by social media experts

Loomly is by far the best tool for solving client approvals. Clients love the simplicity and sometimes even take to the platform in the form of creating suggested content for you. That's unreal! No other platform can deliver value like that: clients refuse to learn new systems. Loomly constantly ads new features ... totally free. Make the most of them and become your office super start. These features are: publishing to Google My Business, storing hashtag lists, content writing tips and more any more.

PROS

Extremely reliable platform that will help you make more money as it will handle some of your most time consuming worries like client content suggestions, client approvals, and flexible scheduling. The level of feedback us unreal and every piece of advice is delivered exactly when you need it.

CONS

There are many extra tools included for free like reporting, link tracking and community management. Those features won't replace your dedicated tools, but they aren't intended too either.

Reason for choosing Loomly

Loomly were not the cheapest but as soon as I took up a trial I could see great value from the platform's simplicity. It's as easy as a replacement for your google sheet content planner with a ton of useful tools added on.

Reasons for switching to Loomly

Sprout social has gotten expensive and hasn't updated their platform since their most recent acquisition. It's pains me to have to pay for multiple social profiles when they all belong to the same client.

Dear James, Thank you so much for your review, this means the world to us. I am really glad to read that your clients are enjoying Loomly. Please let our team know if we can assist you with anything. Sincerely, Thibaud, CEO of Loomly.

Replied October 2019

Nadia

Photography, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2020

Best social media planning tool out there

Very very awesome. I recommend Loomly to everyone I meet who asks about social media planning tools, because it's just the best one I've found and used ever.

PROS

I have tried various other social media planning tools, and Loomly just ticks all the boxes. This program covers the widest range of social media outlets that I've found, while allowing me to schedule out posts for every single one, and customize to every single outlet all on the same page. The suggested captions/topics are immensely helpful when I'm feeling less than creative, and the UI makes putting together posts really simple and fast.

CONS

I still wish I could post to Instagram automatically without having to use a notification to my phone and posting manually.

Reason for choosing Loomly

I looked at Tailwind, Plann, and some other tools I've heard about, but most were much more limited, focusing on one single social platform (usually Instagram). It's important to me to be able to manage and post to all my social platforms in one place, and Loomly was the only tool that was doing that and doing it with an easy to use UI and suggested topics, recommended posting times, and other super helpful stats.

Reasons for switching to Loomly

Loomly's UI was more intuitive to me, they covered more social accounts that were applicable to me, and they provided automatic suggested topics and trends during the social post building process, which was not something I was getting from Hootsuite at the time.

Dear Nadia, Thank you so much for your review and your kind words: this means the world to us. I confirm that we are doing everything in our power to bring Instagram direct publishing to your and I have just asked our support team to reach out to you about our Zapier integration. Please let us know if we can help with anything else. Sincerely, Thibaud, CEO of Loomly

Replied March 2020

Hannah

Reviewed June 2021

Gets the Job Done but Could Be Better

I think it's alright, and probably would have preferred to implement something more similar to planable. The reason we chose loomly is because it was cheaper, and while the tool isn't terrible by any means, we're getting what we paid for.

PROS

I like that I can tag people in comments on posts so we can communicate about edits. I also like that posts are color-coded depending on their status (pending approval vs. scheduled). One thing that's really helpful is being able to edit content for each platform once the initial post is built out. It's awesome that you can drag and drop posts in the calendar view to change their dates.

CONS

I don't like that I can't see a preview of the post image in the calendar view. That would make things a lot easier. I also would love if when I went to edit a post from the calendar, it would just show up in a pop up window but it doesn't do that. In order to add anything to a post past "quick post" you have to go through and fill out ALL the steps which can get annoying.

Reason for choosing Loomly

We chose loomly because it was more affordable than planable.

Reasons for switching to Loomly

We needed a way to communicate and collaborate with each other on posts that was more seamless than just emailing back and forth. Loomly had this feature, and that was a big part of why we switched.

Alex

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

We love Loomly!

Loomly has helped us redesign our content management and scheduling process. We are a small team of three and using Loomly has made our work flow efficient. From brainstorming, building social media posts, uploading art/media, to publishing we use Loomly step-by-step. It's publishing tool is reliable, and we are in love with the master calendar view that helps keep our three closely related brands stay organized.

PROS

We love the Master Calendar View. The direct publishing is reliable. Plenty of tools that help keep posts organized by category, publishing stage, and schedule.

CONS

It seems like this software could use a little more polishing when it comes to user interaction. The navigation among views and pages is still a little clunky and requires a little extra back and forth. Other amenities would be helpful, as well. We would love to see Instagram direct publishing become available, and the ability to tag Facebook Events would be outstanding.

Reason for choosing Loomly

Loomly works more similarly to a project management tool than just a calendar or publisher. We appreciate the flexibility of the software, as well as its reliability.

Reasons for switching to Loomly

The master calendar! Buffer seemed to be more bells and whistles than a content management tool. We found many road blocks and a lack of common sense features.

Dear Alex, Thank you very much for your review, this is truly helpful. It's really nice to read that you are enjoying Master Calendar. I confirm that we are doing everything in our power to bring Instagram direct publishing to you as soon as possible. Please let our team know if we can help with anything else. Sincerely, Thibaud, CEO of Loomly.

Replied October 2019

Jose

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Excellent, clean design for anyone looking to organize their multiple social media channels

Overall positive, looking forward to new features coming

PROS

Easy to use, other social media management tools felt clunky and crowded. Loomly had everything we needed to manage multiple social media channels.

CONS

Still missing some featured with facebook events and some functions

Reason for choosing Loomly

Cleanest look and design, easy to use. I really like how it separates multiple calendars as well as how it allows for teamwork.

Reasons for switching to Loomly

Too clunky, outdated, too expensive.

Dear Jose, Thank you very much for your review, this is much helpful. I am really glad to read that you find Loomly easy to use. You are correct about Facebook events: some API changes were introduced last year, which limited what we were allowed to do on that front. Please let our team know if we can assist you with anything. Sincerely, Thibaud, CEO of Loomly.

Replied September 2019