All Mailchimp Reviews

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed November 2020

One of the Best Email Marketing Software

Mailchimp has helped my business in a significant way. I can create, schedule and send professional emails to hundreds of clients in my contact list in just a few clicks. Being able to choose and edit well-designed templates is a feature that I like very much. Although it wasn't very easy to determine how to work around with Mailchimp at first, with experience - it's not that hard to use it. I have also started using Mailchimp in my personal blog to send emails to potential clients and I am enjoying it. I highly recommend Mailchimp to anyone looking for High-Quality Email Marketing Software.

PROS

I feel lucky that I got a .com domain name and their website builder for free for 5 years in an offer - and obviously, this is the thing that I like most about Mailchimp. Aside from that, I need to send monthly newsletters and other sorts of emails and I used Mailchimp to make the work easy. Mailchimp offers various customizable options and also offers well-designed templates that I can choose and edit - which makes our work very easy. While I started using Mailchimp just to send newsletters, I have been enjoying other features too.

CONS

In my view, the User Interface (UI) of Mailchimp isn't very good. Exploring Mailchimp was confusing to me when I just started using it. Some features are hidden and it's not easy to make sense of that pressing 'a' button does. I think the User Interface(UI) can definitely be improved. Apart from that, the mobile app of Mailchimp doesn't offer many features which is not a big problem for me as I do most of my work in PC. However, I prefer to have more features available directly in a mobile app.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

I was getting an offer from Mailchimp while I wasn't getting one by Getresponse so Mailchimp had an advantage. I also researched a bit and found that Mailchimp has a bigger userbase than Getresponse. I gave Mailchimp a try instead of Getresponse as I didn't need to pay any amount to start using Mailchimp. After I liked Mailchimp, I upgraded my plans.

vito

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed April 2024

My MailChimp experience

easy and fast, no major issue, imported the contact list, design the email and send it out

PROS

easy to use, easy learning curve, up and running in less than 1 hour

CONS

price is not on the cheapest range total contacts number in the free version not as large

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

The previous email marketing contact list was too complex

Wendell

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed March 2024

MAILCHIMP WILL NOT TURN OFF RECURRING BILLING AFTER MULTIPLE REQUESTS.

MAILCHIMP WILL NOT TURN OFF RECURRING BILLING AFTER MULTIPLE REQUESTS. I’ve been trying to get this POS company to stop my recurring billing for 4 months, and they won’t even respond to my emails. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re the subject of a class action lawsuit in the future because of their deceptive practices. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

PROS

Nothing. Their software is over complicated. The user interface and design is not intuitive. The worst part, is they’ll hold you hostage and not let you cancel.

CONS

Deceptive practices. They will not let you out of a contract.

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2024

It is a very good tool to get started in the world of email marketing.

Overall it is a good experience, in fact, I have recommended it for clients starting out in email marketing.

PROS

You can manage the whole marketing process in a solid way, with many functionalities. They have very well detailed guides about all the tools, functionalities and actions of each element.

CONS

Sometimes sending automated emails can be a bit slow compared to other tools.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

It gave me a very good free use for what my company needed at that time.

Reviewed March 2024

Good for small businesses, too costly for Premium

PROS

Mailchimp is a quite simple to learn and use. It has a friendly UI and some built-in tutorials. It's good that it allows you to import xls files with some mail database. It also integrates with self-made websites on HTML or WordPress.

CONS

It becomes costly when you actually need it. Shifting to an all-in-one CRM may be the better choice in this case.

Lais

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Pricey but great

Mailchimp has been great. It gave me all the tools I needed to manage my campaigns while selling my online courses and managing my audience and current students.

PROS

Mailchimp is mostly user-friendly, and it tracks all the data I need to have control over which content is working or which is not.

CONS

It starts to get expensive as your e-mail base grows, even though you may not be getting any return to cover the costs.

Maxime

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed March 2024

Best email marketing tool in my opinion

Great experience and user friendly! It's good for people like me who have zero knowledge of technology... :)

PROS

It's user friendly and helps build an important engagement with loyal costumers. It's also not costy when you have a small data base!

CONS

It's annoying that you have to pay for the service if you want to schedule your email marketing

Alex

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Great to see if your business could become a real business

Great im glad I got to see if I could make a business out of an idea

PROS

I liked the survey I did for it and got positive responses from people on if my possible business could do well in sales

CONS

Nothing it was great just be prepared people will be honest in their survey

Riccardo

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

The best in class email marketing solution

PROS

Super intuitive and with tons of options, you can really scale up your email marketing performances

CONS

Plans are not so cheap, but they are worth every penny

Angela

Retail, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Mail Chimp for the Affiliate

MailChimp is a God send it helped me get everything done in a fraction of the time.

PROS

I liked that Mailchimp takes all the stress off of me and works had to ensure everything is done to standard and beyond!

CONS

Customer service can be very poor at time.

Reviewed September 2019

A Necessary Tool for a 21st Century Business that's Reasonably Easy to Use, with Great Support

We are required to send out newsletters to our investors (over 800 of them), and this had made it easy to design good-looking emails. And you can save templates, etc., to use over and over and modify them each time. We've never had a technical problem with it, although we've had issues with 3rd party apps and linked software connecting to Mailchimp. But I contacted their support and they were able to help me fix the issue, even though it wasn't their own software! I thought that was nice of them. They could've said "That's not our app, so we can't help you," but they didn't -- they walked me through a fix.

PROS

It has to be their support chat function and their useful Help articles. I did not get into my business so that I could run mail marketing software, so I appreciate anything that helps ease the learning curve. Email marketing is a necessary evil, and Mailchimp lessens the unpleasantness considerably. With no prior experience, we got up and running quickly. (We tried a few of these apps, and this one seemed the easiest.) It's complicated running email campaigns and newsletters, but once we mastered a few basics, I was very happy with the results. And it scales up as you grow. When our mailing list grew, it did not become exponentially harder to use. They offer a lot of bells and whistles that we don't need/use, but our emails look good and are easy to compose, adding graphics, etc. It automates a lot of repetitive tasks for you -- like your footer and address, etc. And we've never had a problem getting reported as spam. And this may seem minor, but I like the whimsical nature of the occasional chimp graphics. Don't get me wrong -- this is work, not play, but it's nice to see a little chimp every once in a while when you complete certain tasks. Business is hard, so a little levity along with the functionality is welcome.

CONS

The price! It gets expensive quickly. I guess the upside to that is it makes you hone your marketing so you are profitable. You have to cut out waste and hone your mailing list so that it's more efficient. And from my research, the other programs cost about the same. I don't mind paying for ease-of-use, but I wish they would explain "cleaning" and "archiving" and other functions that would help me get my monthly costs down. I'm not planning on jumping ship anytime soon, but if they raise their prices again (they just raised them recently), then I will be gone.

Easier to use.

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

Mailchimp was easier and suited our needs more. Also friends recommended it.

Dayley

Pharmaceuticals, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

A safe option

I have never had any problems with MailChimp. Its been quite easy to setup with minimal steps required. I did have to contact the customer service team on one occasion and they replied promptly and direct to the point with a solution. So my experience with both the software and their team have been great.

PROS

Widely used and can be integrated easily into other software such as QuickBooks, Xero, WooCommerce, Shopify, Inventory systems and many others. MailChimp gives the user the options of many different emails output depending on the circumstances. For example; newly registered user emails, newsletters, abandoned cart emails, if a customer hasn't made a purchase in a while or hasn't returned to your site in some time, which are all great for reminding the customer of your existence, and gaining that lost customer back! The form builder is pretty easy to use, and also gives you a copy & paste option of the code afterwards so it can be easily implemented into your website.

CONS

You are limited with the styles of emails you can send to your customers. You can fully design your emails from scratch, but regarding the features you can place within the emails, it is kinda limited compared to other software. This would includes things like which items were abandoned when sending the customers an abandoned cart email. Or showing which items still remain in the customers 'Wishlist' if they haven't purchased the items yet and haven't been on the website for some time. I am not a big fan of the MailChimp logo at the bottom of every email sent to the customers.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

MailChimp was my first choice. However I later switched to Klaviyo due to it having more features. But After using Klaviyo for nearly a year, their team had no intentions to update their Wordpress plugin which was causing peoples websites to run slowly, and their plugin was very buggy. So I returned to using MailChimp was is the safer solution.

Jonathan

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Robust feature set, but overly expensive for startups and developers

Overall, Mailchimp is still one of the best mailing list providers out there. Its broad feature set and ease of use are an amazing help to a new company just getting started. If you're not looking for custom integration or transactional emails, this product is one of the best.

PROS

This is probably the easiest mailing list platform out there. It takes minutes to set up your account and get started sending emails to a list. For developers, the Mailchimp API is a dream. It's incredibly well documented and there are dozens of integrations already built in almost every platform and language to make integration into your software even easier. Contact management is simple with access to things like custom fields in a user's profile. Groups and segments are also easy to manage, though it can be confusing at first since there are multiple ways to segment an audience. There's also an option to do transactional emails through mandrill...but this actually turns out to be an issue when you look at the cost.

CONS

The cost of the product is its main issue. For starters, Mailchimp recently changed its cost structure to include unsubscribed customers as part of the total customers you pay for. That means for a small company with a low customer adoption rate, you either end up spending way more than you want for a small list, or you have to spend way too much time pruning your list constantly to save money. It's a huge waste of time and/or money. The second main issue, and actually the larger issue to me as a developer, is the cost of sending transactional emails. If you want to send your customers a password reset email or a account verification email (both very common in almost all applications) you have to have a paid account AND you have to pay for a chunk of transactional emails. It ends up costing a small company over $30/mth just to send password reset emails through Mailchimp. The cost makes more sense at scale, but this software seems built to get the small guys started. It's really a deal breaker for me.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

Ease of use and a great developer API are the primary reasons I choose this product.

Jeff

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

A great platform that keeps growing to suit our needs

It simplifies what could be a complicated aspect of business - email marketing & drip campaigns. Highly recommend this software to anybody who wants a flexible, easy, and robust solution but does not want to have email marketing tied to a specific umbrella-style CRM! We have a separate CRM Mailchimp, as you can probably tell.

PROS

The ease of use and deliverability of our email newsletters was why we chose Mailchimp many years ago as our go-to email newsletter and ongoing engagement platform. The new functionalities added over the years such as agency delegation from client accounts, better segmenting targets within a list, ability to re-hit those who didn't open a campaign, the better-flowing automations (drip campaigns) are great - it's all easy to use & understand and are great improvements we utilize more and more every year.

CONS

Implementing a custom template and the HTML code was painful - but then, that's the case with any email template design with custom code so I cannot even fault Mailchimp for it. Perhaps they could have had more dynamic layouts for desktop & mobile friendly newsletters right off the bat. The early templates were quite hideous and we'd buy theme from Themeforest, brand/re-skin and upload the assets.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

Ease of interface - much simpler and minimalist interface that non-coding staff on my team can use easily.

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

Self-hosted solutions are just awful - too much security & maintenance, server tweaks etc. - always use a subscription and pay the monthly fees to best leverage the know-how of those who do it full time. As soon as SaaS solutions became available (Mailchimp, Constant Contact) we sought new options and tried Mailchimp, and was very happy.

Ben Marcoux

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed March 2021

Why I Don't Use Mailchimp

I have used MailChimp to set up a few campaigns for clients. I also started out on it because they used to offer 1,000 contacts for free. Integrating it with the different tools wasn't too tough. But it's not great at contact management and I don't recommend it if you're going to be doing any serious (or even quasi serious) email marketing.

PROS

MailChimp is pretty easy to use and integrates with most page builders and websites. So you can quickly have an email form set up and start driving traffic to get people on your email list. They also have good support in regards to getting back to you quickly.

CONS

MailChimp lacks features and power that make it competitive in the marketplace. I couldn't ever go back to it. The tool itself doesn't do everything I need it to. And as if that's not enough, I know of several people who have been shut down and had their accounts erroneously canceled by MailChimp for violating terms of service. So they were locked out of their account and had all of their email contacts erased without warning. And these were not "black hat" businesses. These were regular, small, mom and pop shops, including a florist.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

I chose Mailchimp because they were offering the first 1,000 contacts for free in a promotion. And these other software (except for Constant Contact and AWeber) were really expensive. I didn't know what I was doing and what I was looking for with an email service provider. And I was just starting out and super broke at the time so "free" couldn't be beaten. However, the relationship didn't last long and I quickly moved on to AWeber. That didn't last long either, and I moved on to ActiveCampaign and haven't looked back since.

Henry

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Great for freelancer and SMB email marketing, not a CRM replacement

MailChimp is the industry standard for a reason, and you get all the benefits you would expect from going with a big brand name. Solid customer support (for paid tiers), excellent uptime, and all the features you need and most of the features you want. I personally have never found the landing pages or social media ad features useful, and I do not think MailChimp can effectively do the job of a CRM, but as far as email marketing goes, this is my favorite.

PROS

Getting started with MailChimp is easy and affordable. It might be free depending on your audience size. I have used other email platforms like ConstantContact, iContact, Marketing Cloud, and HubSpot, and in terms of features MailChimp is at least on par with them. MailChimp is a full email marketing platform, including subscriber management and segmenting, email design, design asset library, email automation, user email preferences portal management, sign-up forms, and even landing pages. I have found all of their features user friendly. I have my frustrations with MailChimp, but it succeeds in striking a difficult balance: it is user-friendly enough to be implemented and used by someone with minimal tech background, but can be built out to greater complexity and robustness if the user is tech savvy. Another benefit that you find with popular tools like this is the deep learning resources. Tons of forums, questions, how-tos, etc. Whatever issue you run into, it has likely been asked and answered. MailChimp would be, and has been, my go-to for freelancer and small business needs. And I have also used it for marketing large, multi-location and multi-brand companies, with no issues. It's flexible and reliable, and when you're about to hit "send" to 100k people, that's critical.

CONS

Pricing can get steep at certain stages of business growth. Switching to business and pro tiers incurs a sharp increase in monthly pricing, and in addition you get charged more as your list grows. Cost creep can be sudden and shocking for truly bootstrapped businesses. A big potential issue is that MailChimp has been touting itself as a CRM lately. I do not think it makes a good CRM replacement for any size business, except perhaps a freelancer with a small contact list. The data management and manipulation features are too basic. Data management tools are weak. Some tracking issues, but this is such a convoluted and changing area it's hard to know where the issue lies. Specifically, if I leave "click tracking" enabled on a campaign, MailChimp will override my source/medium tags in third party site tracking.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

2 factors drove the decision: - pricing vs features, we didn't want to go totally bare bones but we also didn't have a complex enough ecosystem to require Salesforce-level tools; - Team familiarity. The client I currently use MailChimp for had some past experience with MailChimp, which made start up time quicker.

Mashudu Hilary