MarketMuse Software Reviews

MarketMuse Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"It provides valuable insight to improve your content creation and optimization. I'm been excited to see the performance of all of our content efforts improve."
  • icon"I love the topic-based keyword research and the content optimization features, which are as good or better than much more expensive, similar products."
  • icon"If you want to succeed with content, you need this."
  • icon"Hmm lets see, I wasted 3 trials, so its the left panel which has an ad that won't go away."
  • icon"Just ignore the random recommendations and focus on those that make sense."
  • icon"I tried the AI for content writing function and had a very ridiculous end product. It consisted of gibberish that was not even close to usable."

All MarketMuse Reviews

Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam

Industry: Civil Engineering

For Ranking in Top search engine, Must needed tools for Content Optimization

I was waiting for some good deal for MaketMuse, after some time I got it from Appsumo, Firstly I was a little bit lost, but Customer support provides good resource, in some time I can easily get benefit from this application. I easily improve my content by analyzing ranked articles for specific keywords, identifying weak points of my article, and work on that area is the most important feature for me. MarketMuse helps me to save a large time of research time for specific keywords.

Pros

Good customer support, After purchasing I need to take some training to understand the basic work procedures, they technically help me. Content optimization in MarketMuse is top-notch, I can identify easily strengths points and weak points of ranked articles, by based on that I can optimize my content, In the long run, it helps to rank. As a result my content become more user frendly and audience loved it.

Cons

I was wondering they should include the google docs plugin, it definitely increases our productivity. For large organizations MarketMuse is perfect, for small entrepreneurs like us it's very difficult for us o purchase in this price range, they would think about it also.

Reasons for switching to MarketMuse

In-depth content research got it in cheap deals in Appsumo.

Response from MarketMuse

Thank you so much for such a positive review! We're glad that support has been helpful and that you've seen a positive impact on your content. Thank you for mentioning Google Docs - this will be fed back internally. Thanks again -- we appreciate the feedback!

Replied October 2021

May 2022

Excellent for opimizing blog content

Despite MarketMuse not being the most user-friendly, it simply gets results. I use it because it helps me to get my content to rank higher, and that's the most important thing.

Pros

I like that MarketMuse is effective. I use it on a regular basis to optimize blog content, both new posts and updating older posts. It's been very effective at helping me to achieve higher rankings, especially when updating existing content. It does take a little bit of extra time, but it's worth the effort.

Cons

I find the usability to be very bad. I've been using MarketMuse for over a year and I still don't really understand how some things are supposed to work. I also use Frase and Frase is far more user-friendly.

Reasons for choosing MarketMuse

I chose MarketMuse because of pricing, but I still use Frase as well.

Daniella

Essential for a copy team

Overall, MarketMuse has improved the quality of our copy. It's more SEO-friendly, and, as a result, is performing better in the SERPs. What's more, MarketMuse has helped us cover the breadth and width of a subject with all of its recommendations. When writers use MarketMuse, you can feel more confident that those pieces will rank.

Pros

Listen, you're not going to rank in the SERPs if you're not on your SEO game. MarketMuse doesn't replace a fully-fledged SEO professional, but it's certainly a start. You can type in the title of your piece, (like "Best Cell Phone Plans") and you'll get a full list of SEO keywords you'll want to hit. Have those results dictate your piece, and then make sure to run a test when you're done and see your SEO score. We've seen pieces consistently perform better when adding MarketMuse to our process.

Cons

As is the case with most SEO software, you'll get super random keyword recommendations sometimes. For example, you'll be writing about 4K TVs and MarketMuse will recommend you talk about dog houses for some reason. Just ignore the random recommendations and focus on those that make sense.

Nima

November 2022

I am not very impressed with this product.

Pros

I found it comfortable and intuitive to use. I was not very impressed with the functionality.

Cons

In order to benefit from the best features of the product, it is necessary to pay a large amount of money.

Klemen

The Best Content Optimization Tool

As I am not using credits for AI outline builder, I find MarketMuse insufficient for research and outline builder and I am using other tools for that. But, MarketMuse is the best content optimisation tool available. Hands down.

Pros

I like SERP analysis and content optimisation. Optimisation is based upon many results (not just top 20) and yield superior results.

Cons

Expensive credits. To be honest, I am using other tools for outline building as I find MarketMuse credits too expensive.

Reasons for switching to MarketMuse

MarketMuse is better for content optimisation.

Joshua

December 2021

Market Muse is perfect for growing your brand with pillar content, optimized for SEO

The business problem I'm solving with Market Muse, is bridging the gap between my outdated 2010-2013 SEO knowledge, to understanding what is working now to purposely rank articles for search terms. The old "grey hat" methods no longer work, or work for such a little time I feel it's pointless to focus on little tricks. If you want to master white hat SEO, Market Muse is the tool you need in your arsenal.

Pros

Market Muse is not exactly an inexpensive piece of software. While they do have a limited free version, if you want to use the software seriously it will cost you a minimum of $150/month. However, that cost is worth it if you have a brand that's worth growing, with something unique, that you are passionate about, and have a message to spread. Because what Market Muse will allow you to do, is create deep pillar content that is built to rank for Google's search engine, and is very enjoyable for humans to read. That in itself will allow your brand to attract targeted search engine traffic, that is more than worth the investment cost. This is pure "white hat", long term SEO. If you're looking for a quick trick to beat the search engines, this is not the tool for you. If you're looking to build a long term asset, worth quite a bit of revenue, this is the tool for you.

Cons

What I like least about this software is getting started does take quite a bit of learning, and diving through tutorials. They include a free course to learn the software, and trust me you will need it. Because of the power of this software, I don't think they could really make it anymore simple than it already is. Some pieces of software simply require you to take a few days to learn it. But it's well worth taking the time.

Tyler

So easy a non-SEO can use it

MarketMuse is an extremely easy software to use for people who are relatively new to SEO keyword research. You won't get super in-depth results, but you'll get a good idea of keywords to start out with in your pursuit for Google ranking.

Pros

If you're looking for keywords, it's the simplest software I've used. All you do is a stick the subject of your piece in the MarketMuse search bar and you'll get all the data you need. You'll get search volumes for different keywords, competition levels, and how many keywords you should use. It doesn't replace a fully-fledged SEO, but it's enough to get started with optimizing written content.

Cons

Don't believe everything MarketMuse tells you about keywords. Sometimes you'll get keyword recommendations that don't make any sense for what you're writing about. For example, I was writing a piece about streaming the channel FOX, and I got keyword recommendations about actual foxes.

Coën

Advanced SEO Insights and Ideas

Marketmuse is a good tool to implement into your content marketing / SEO workflow. It gives you new ideas when other tools are stopping. For my case, it best to be implemented inside a workflow with copywriting and other SEO Tools which complement each other. Marketmuse gives me the extra edge over my competitors and sheds light into different kinds of topic that may be covered by your competition. It has this enterprise feeling / power.

Pros

- keyword research though a bit limited on data (search query, etc) - nice guidance on workflow while using this tool - clean clustering of sources and their topic authority - good results for EN search queries

Cons

- cannot delete old projects (as of now) - some features do need extra credits - sometimes you don't get what you pay for...your expectations are higher than the AI's output - as always, languages other than EN may have less data

Response from MarketMuse

Thank you so much for leaving such a positive review! We're glad that MarketMuse has become an important part of your workflow and that it gives you an edge over competitors. We appreciate the constructive feedback as well and will share internally. Thanks again!

Replied October 2021

Enes

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

November 2022

It is tempting to work with more affordable products because they are expensive

Pros

What I am most satisfied with is the customer support and the ease of navigating the platform.

Cons

I found the product expensive. The price is too high for the service it provides. There are many more affordable competitors in this functionality.

December 2021

MarketMuse is highly useful for SEO research and content generation. It is essential to my work.

MarketMuse is an essential part of my daily SEO/content marketing workflow.

Pros

Cons

I don't like how the content saving feature works. It may be my fault for not learning how to use it properly.

Reasons for switching to MarketMuse

Searchmetrics was outrageously expensive compared to MarketMuse for essentially the same functionality.

Shekhor

Hands down the best tool if not only for Content Marketers

Pros

I don't know about others but I only use two features from this software. Research Optimize I use the Research feature to research the terms (entity) needed to write about for Article. And Optimize feature to optimize the artcile according to the competitors which generally changes time to time for algorithm changes.

Cons

Their pricing plan. Don't get me wrong. It was one of the costly service offered for these sort of fuctionalities until it offered their lifetime deal on AppSumo. I bought 3 codes from their to unlock the most of the feature of it. Around a month ago they offered all their features for free users. Like unlocked everything except credits for the free user. This is what hard digest when you spent around $200 for it where the free users are getting it for zero money spending.

Some of the features are great, others haven't been as useful for me

I got a good deal on MM so I'm satisfied with it for the price. I think if I were paying full price, I might be disappointed.

Pros

I enjoy the "optimize" app within Market Muse the most. It helps me write content that can compete with other sites in the top 10 on Google SERP for my target phrase. It gives enough info to help me improve my writing but not so much that I become confused by what to concentrate on first.

Cons

I tried the AI for content writing function and had a very ridiculous end product. It consisted of gibberish that was not even close to usable. It's possible I didn't set up the brief correctly, but I did spend about half a day learning about how to do it and still had a crummy end product.

Reasons for choosing MarketMuse

Got an incredible deal through AppSumo for MarketMuse.

Great Tool for Optimizing / Producing Quality Content

They've been great to work with, answered all my questions. We just signed up two ago after a short trial and are starting onboarding next week!

Pros

As a business owner who manages two full time editors it is important for me to give my team some sort of guideline as how to write for the internet. This tool gives us a great way to train our team and track their progress. They can find topics to write about and expand on existing pages throughout our site. It gives us a quality score, and how we are comparing against our competitors - which is nice as I need to know that we are having and impact with our work.

Cons

Well it's very expensive and for a small business it is a hard decision to make. However, paying PPC every month is also really expensive, content is a long term investment and PPC is really short term.

Brian

MarketMuse is for serious Content Strategists

The MarketMuse team has been great to work with on projects. They really go above and beyond to make sure you are getting satisfaction out of the tool. If there are any questions or issues that come up they will attempt to quickly resolve them.

Pros

Time saver Knowledge development Process oriented UX

Cons

At times it can take a bit for analysis to come back but this tool does some heavy computation on each query so I can understand that.

Tyson

Industry: Online Media

Great for Optimizing Current Content for Organic Rankings

I like it and would recommend it to anyone looking for an on-page optimization tool for SEO and a writing tool for understanding topics and themes to write about.

Pros

MarketMuse is easy to use. Love how it gives an optimization score--easy for upper level management to read.

Cons

I wish it wasn't so expensive to analyze an entire site

Jason