• Pros

• "It provides valuable insight to improve your content creation and optimization. I'm been excited to see the performance of all of our content efforts improve."

• "Time saver Knowledge development Process oriented UX"

• "It's easy to use. It gives you insight on how to imrpove your content so you can really be the best in your niche."

• Cons

• "The only I wish would change is the price but I absolutely understand why it can't It's a spend that smaller agencies may not be able to justify."

• "At times it can take a bit for analysis to come back but this tool does some heavy computation on each query so I can understand that."

• "It can be challenging to use for those that are not as technically inclined. It takes some practice."

Browse MarketMuse Reviews

Brian from Adapt Marketing Inc.

MarketMuse is for serious Content Strategists

The MarketMuse team has been great to work with on projects. They really go above and beyond to make sure you are getting satisfaction out of the tool. If there are any questions or issues that come up they will attempt to quickly resolve them.

Pros

Time saver Knowledge development Process oriented UX

Daniella from Wallaroo Media

Essential for a copy team

Overall, MarketMuse has improved the quality of our copy. It's more SEO-friendly, and, as a result, is performing better in the SERPs. What's more, MarketMuse has helped us cover the breadth and width of a subject with all of its recommendations. When writers use MarketMuse, you can feel more confident that those pieces will rank.

Pros

Listen, you're not going to rank in the SERPs if you're not on your SEO game. MarketMuse doesn't replace a fully-fledged SEO professional, but it's certainly a start. You can type in the title of your piece, (like "Best Cell Phone Plans") and you'll get a full list of SEO keywords you'll want to hit. Have those results dictate your piece, and then make sure to run a test when you're done and see your SEO score. We've seen pieces consistently perform better when adding MarketMuse to our process.

Cons

As is the case with most SEO software, you'll get super random keyword recommendations sometimes. For example, you'll be writing about 4K TVs and MarketMuse will recommend you talk about dog houses for some reason. Just ignore the random recommendations and focus on those that make sense.

Tyler from Clearlink

So easy a non-SEO can use it

MarketMuse is an extremely easy software to use for people who are relatively new to SEO keyword research. You won't get super in-depth results, but you'll get a good idea of keywords to start out with in your pursuit for Google ranking.

Pros

If you're looking for keywords, it's the simplest software I've used. All you do is a stick the subject of your piece in the MarketMuse search bar and you'll get all the data you need. You'll get search volumes for different keywords, competition levels, and how many keywords you should use. It doesn't replace a fully-fledged SEO, but it's enough to get started with optimizing written content.

Cons

Don't believe everything MarketMuse tells you about keywords. Sometimes you'll get keyword recommendations that don't make any sense for what you're writing about. For example, I was writing a piece about streaming the channel FOX, and I got keyword recommendations about actual foxes.

Jay from Digital Strike

Fantastic Tool For Content Marketing

If you're on the fence, or are just starting out looking for ways to improve your content, do yourself a favor and reach out to the MarketMuse team.

Pros

Cons

At first it was the price, so I tried a bunch of cheaper options and tried to tape different platforms together but since pulling the trigger on paying for access to MarketMuse I've been kicking myself for waiting so long.

Great Tool for Optimizing / Producing Quality Content

They've been great to work with, answered all my questions. We just signed up two ago after a short trial and are starting onboarding next week!

Pros

As a business owner who manages two full time editors it is important for me to give my team some sort of guideline as how to write for the internet. This tool gives us a great way to train our team and track their progress. They can find topics to write about and expand on existing pages throughout our site. It gives us a quality score, and how we are comparing against our competitors - which is nice as I need to know that we are having and impact with our work.

Cons

Well it's very expensive and for a small business it is a hard decision to make. However, paying PPC every month is also really expensive, content is a long term investment and PPC is really short term.

Joe from AgencySparks

Great tool to help rank better from an SEO perspective

We are now ranking much better in search results because of leveraging MarketMuse.

Pros

Love the ease of use in helping guide our content decisions to ensure we rank well. It is easy to see what keywords would improve our rankings as compared to competitors.

Cons

I wish there were a keyword research tool to guide our paid search efforts. We love MarketMuse and want to find other ways to leverage its strengths.

Jason from Factory Publishing Company

Radically changed how we research, plan, and create content. And it's amazing.

Our content better meets the needs of our readers, it expedites and improves our content strategies, and our rankings in Google have improved.

Pros

The depth of this software is hard to overstate. Our articles have gotten longer, better researched, and tend to cover the topic much more deeply and with more expertise. In every way, our content is a better match for our audience, for our internal goals, and even for Google, because we're writing the content that truly captures the interest and desires of our audience and Google just loves that.

Cons

It's possible that your old way of researching and writing content will need to be rethought. It's uncommon for software to truly force you to change how you do things, but the value you get from doing it right is just so powerful, you'd be silly not to invest the short amount of time needed to really take advantage of the platform.

Takes the Guesswork out of Creating Content that Will Serve You Well

Pros

Cons

The price is a bit of a sticker shock, but worth it once you realize there are no other tools out there that can do quite the job it can.

Leonardo from Wolff Consultoria

Not the cheapest, but, probably the best

Pros

MarketMuse is not the cheapest tool around, but, if you need a professional tool, that will help you to research, plan and create content that converts, this is definitely the best tool. The price can be justified by the quality of the data. In order to create content, you need good and FRESH data, and MarketMuse is the best tool when comes to this angle. If you want to succeed with content, you need this!

Cons

I think the only con is the price, that is a little bit high, but, the price is according to the quality of the tool and ROI you obtain.

Tyson from Self Employed

Industry: Online Media

Great for Optimizing Current Content for Organic Rankings

I like it and would recommend it to anyone looking for an on-page optimization tool for SEO and a writing tool for understanding topics and themes to write about.

Pros

MarketMuse is easy to use. Love how it gives an optimization score--easy for upper level management to read.

Cons

I wish it wasn't so expensive to analyze an entire site

Great Tool for Content Driven SEO Boost

It's helping us write better, more informed content that gives our users the best answer or feedback possible. It's wonderful. There's so much we haven't even been able to drill inot yet and it's already been so helpful in that.

Pros

The tool helped find where our content has gaps and then determine the type of content and articles we could write to fill those gaps. Looked at keywords and semantically related terms and phrases to ensure the content was thorough and well written for our audience.

Christopher from The Ghostwriter

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great for Detailed Research

Overall, great for research.

Pros

I like MarketMuse a lot. When I'm trying to find out what the leading subtopics are for a main topic (essentially, what are people writing about), I use MarketMuse to organize and categorize my data. It's great for SEO.