• Pros

• "Easy to use. Once set up it does not require maintenance"

• "Nice to try with the free version. Manage to find information not otherwise available via Google Allerts"

• "Helps you keep track of what's going on in regards to your social media mentions and how people feel about your brand."

• Cons

• "Can't say much about the negatives. However, they may want to rationalize the pricing a bit. For small startups every cost matter."

• "Nothing! I love it! Cannot think of anything bad!"

• "I think it could be more user-friendly, it took me a while to look around even if I used similar apps before."

Browse Mention Reviews

Abigail from The Growth Metric

Great for social media monitoring and measuring social sentiment

It helped monitor competitor mentions, my brand's mentions and most importantly it helped gauge how people felt about my brand, whether positive, negative or neutral.

Pros

I originally signed up for mention to measure the social sentiment of one of the brands I managed. My first choice was Hootsuite but the form wasn't loading so I decided to try Mention. Best decision I ever made! After signing up and setting up keywords to measure, alerts and dashboards, I forgot about Mention because it wasn't giving me info on past activity, I got an email from Account Executive at Mention and we scheduled a 15 minutes call to walk me through mention and answer my questions. The call helped me understand how to use mention, It also explained why the social sentiment dashboard wasn't showing much info. Mention doesn't show past data only data from when the account is set up. I liked the email alerts on competitors social media mentions, I wanted to know who was mentioning my competitors and why, and if they were journalists, I could use Hunter and Clearbit to get their emails so I could send them a pitch. I think the pros of Mention are: Good support from the Mention team, simple interface that is easy to use and resources such as webinars to make the most of the software, email alerts on competitors mention on social media, blogs, forums etc. And of course the simple social sentiment dashboard.

Cons

The brand I used Mention on was a small brand with little activity, and most social media interactions were in the past after we ran a campaign. Which didn't help much because Mention only showed data collected after setting up. I wish I could get sentiment from past activity so I can measure how my brand was viewed then and now.

Kate from Alongside (Formerly Qimple)

Brand mention monitoring on autopilot.

Smooth, powerful and helpful.

Pros

We use mention to send Slack messages whenever someone mentions our brand or website online. This effortless way of keeping tabs on who we should say thank you to, or to monitor the success and activity of marketing campaigns really helps us stay on top of things.

Cons

Can't think of anything negative to say! If you want more powerful options, you do have to pay but even the free options are super helpful.

Mark from PlanMark

Helps Me Track Social Media Interactions!

By using Mention I've caught several instances where I was in the news and did not know it.

Pros

Easy to use. Once set up it does not require maintenance

Cons

Nothing! I love it! Cannot think of anything bad!

Ksenia from CFT

Awesome Way to Find Out Where You're Mentioned

Our company is not a big one and therefore every mention counts. Mention gives us the opportunity to easily track where who talks about us and what do they say (without resorting to daily googling our company name)

Pros

We've used it when we first founded our business and we wanted to track the mentions around the Internet. We really enjoyed it because you don't have to continuously google yourself (or your brand), instead, the mentions (especially when your brand name is somewhat unique) are coming to your inbox.

Cons

The pricing is a bit steep if you're a small company. So you can start with the free account and see if this instrument is needed for you. If you are using a free account, there is a limit on free mentions (quite understandable, but something to keep in mind). Otherwise, it can be a very convenient tool for marketing specialists, especially if you're using the dashboard available for listening analysis and competitive analysis.

Teekay from Azendoo

Great tool to keep track of what's said about your brand

Pros

Mention keeps you posted about everything going around your brand every time it's mentioned. Easy to set up and very helpful, especially if you want to share the said content

Cons

The automation isn't that perfect. Oftentimes we get mentions of our own content, so perhaps there's something to be worked on there.

A good way to keep track of what's being said about your brand

Pros

Being able to see posts about my business through blogs, websites and social networking sites in one place.

Cons

Needs to be used along with Google Alerts, it seems. Hard to find one tool that really catches everything.