All Microsoft Outlook Reviews

Tejas

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Microsoft Outlook - Father of E-mail management

Outlook has helped us in our business management, the design of the app is great and also customization options in the e-mail are really helpful.

PROS

The best software and also the easiest to track your e-mails. Can work as a client and on the web too. Also there are tons of extensions you can integrate your outlook with to make it much more helpful.

CONS

The set-up from another e-mail client can be a little difficult but the result once you move to outlook is great,

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Outlook

Gmail was not really east to keep a track of all the mails and also the attachments are shown at the bottom of the mail which I don't think is helpful.

Joel

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Microsoft Outlook is probably the best email client, it is easy and productive

Microsoft Outlook is for me the best email client as it is very easy to find old emails, it has many filters and ways to organize all your emails and tasks and it has the calendar integrated. It is very easy to use and you can customize many features in the options section.

PROS

I did not realize how good Outlook was until I change to Gmail for professional purpose. Microsoft outlook shows a clean screen, it is easy to use, very intuitive and you can find almost everything you need very easily with its filter options. It has also many options to customize your experience.

CONS

People on my surrounding is very familiar with Gmail and having outlook means having another app just for email checking, but in a professional way, it's the best. Maybe the Gmail is more beautiful and they have more colours, but for professional use I think it's the best

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Outlook

In Gmail it is true that it is more beautiful, like with more colours and that people probably use it more for personal purposes, but Outlook has more features and for professional purposes is better because you have the information more organised and easy to work with filters.

mark

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

MS Outlook, good all around email program for small to large companies

Overall, a very solid email and calendar software program that we rely on every day to keep our business running smoothly and for both internal and external communications.

PROS

Ease of use and ability to share calendars of coworkers for better scheduling of meetings and finding available time for key people

CONS

Sometimes it takes a little time to 'load' so that you can find emails when doing a search, but most always, its due to internet connection issues, or simply time to update software, so keep it updated for best performance.

Glenys

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Worst email ever

PROS

It works if you can sign in. It doesnt remember your sign in costing you hours of resetting the effing password it wants after you have put in the pin code

CONS

Having to sign in and redo the password constantly

Lonwabo

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

About Microsoft Outlook

My experience with the software has been wonderful. I know i can rely on Microsoft Outlook because i can even keep my emails in order according to importance.

PROS

What i like most about Microsoft outlook is that i can search who ever is a user, so that am sure i am emailing the right person.

CONS

Other than the fact of the cost the is nothing i don't like at all, i have had the greatest experience with the Software.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Outlook

Gmail has a lot of spam emails its so difficult to keep emails in order.

Amy

Food & Beverages, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2024

Use Microsoft Outlook for superior email management!

Microsoft Outlook has greatly helped me manage my company's emails in an easy and efficient manner and is very reasonably priced.

PROS

Microsoft Outlook is easy, quick, and cost effective, and it really helps to manage all of my company's emails.

CONS

Microsoft Outlook has given me no issues.

10,000+ employees

Defacto For Corporate Email System

It's a solid email platform and integrates easily with MS 365 platform.

PROS

It's familiar and easy to navigate with solid filtering functionality.

CONS

The new Outlook has some bugs. Traditional view is what I like. As long as performance is good then so am I.

Avyerinos

Legal Services, 51-200 employees

How Microsoft Outlook affect my work

PROS

I can organize all my emails into folders and run custom roles for all incoming and outgoing emails. The calendar is also incredible.

CONS

The mailbox size. If it is more significant than 50GB, the problems start.

Osman

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Better management of your emails

PROS

The different features that it offers for email management such as rules, auto forwarding, check calendar availability etc

CONS

Sometimes the app when it has too many emails the search option tend not to work.

Ebadur

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

I have a suggestion

I will always advise people to use this application in their daily life as well

PROS

Let's make this application more successful together

CONS

I love it. Helps connect our customers.

Anibal

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2022

App Keeps getting every Year

Overall, I still love the app.

PROS

What I love about the software is the ability to add different email addresses. This saves my computer a ton of ram because I don't need to have those email opened on my browser. I also love the ability how SharePoint and outlook are all connected, thus allowing me to use Power Query on a spreadsheet to view certain data I want to see or evaluate.

CONS

I don't like how the app still includes certain features on the web version that it isn't available on the app itself. Web Outlook allows you to create a "Microsoft To Do Task" by just highlighting any text inside the body of your mail, meanwhile outlook as an app is unable to do so. Also, I don't like that Outlook takes Storage away from my computer per every email I setup, so for those who´s got a laptop of 128GB or less. I don't personally recommend having too many accounts. I manage 4 email and I had to keep one away because that mail was eating too much GB from my computer storage.

Teams & SharePoint.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Outlook

Google doesn't have the same complex feature as outlook does. The ability to use power query to connect to my inbox is one of the few features google is unable to offer.

Jordan

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Great Product, but could be more stable

Outlook is a great product and becoming more so all the time. It is the productivity application that our business can't live without. The feature updates in Outlook tend to introduce issues unfortunately. The Shared Mailbox experience could be improved, it is common to see Outlook become non-responsive when switching between shared mailboxes, even on high end computers and gigabit internet. The features and ease of use are really what make Outlook great.

PROS

* Constantly Evolving Powerhouse of features and functionality * Dark Theme = love * Focused Mailbox * AI Driven daily summary driven by Cortana * Hundreds of App integrations via Marketplace or 3rd party * Robust Rule and Tagging/categorization ability * Quick Steps help apply multiple actions to messages * Scheduling of messages * Devloper and customize templates * Visual Basic advanced development * Shared Mailboxes * Group Mailboxes (Channels) that allow team collaboration and follow up * Favorite your inbox and often accessed folders * Team, Planner, and Personal Calendar all in a single overlayed view * Scheduling and Meeting assistance * Tasks, Contacts, and Sticky notes * Search emails using filters and key phrases

CONS

* Microsoft's new release and development schedule is great for the addition of new and useful tools but is causing stability issues. It is common to have to repair Outlook and Office applications after a feature update. * Adding shared mailboxes often causes Outlook to run slowly. * Some serious optimizations are needed in the sync process to prevent Outlook hanging. I have to disable Downloading of Shared mailboxes, which is enable by default, on every computer Outlook is installed on

Reason for choosing Microsoft Outlook

Power and Features. If Microsoft can optimize and add easier to use collaboration functionality we will continue to use Outlook indefinitely.

Mahmoud

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Email in professional way

As an overall if you want a software for the personal purpose then it's up to you to choose between it or Gmail , but if you want it for the professional use , there's no any software better than Outlook

PROS

On a professional level, there is nothing better to communicate, I have worked with more than one company and did not see one of them using another tool to send emails. The ability to sync to all devices is incredible , it also help you to manage important emails

CONS

Personally, I haven't had any problems with Outlook, it's really makes my life easily

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Outlook

As I said for the professional use , outlook more better than Gmail because the accessibility for the important emails more flexible

Lydia

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed July 2022

User-friendly email/calendar software

PROS

I find Outlook to be very user-friendly email/calendar software, coming from someone who has used Google email/calendar products in all of my previous roles. It was simple to learn how to use it and I like that I was able to download the Outlook desktop app on my Mac. This allowed me to integrate my other email accounts and calendars to have all of my email accounts in one place and also sync my calendars in one place. I'm all about efficiency! I also actually like having desktop notifications which you don't get when using the web version of Outlook, though that is an option.

CONS

One thing I do not like is how email threads appear in my inbox differently depending on whether I am using a Mac or PC. This is difficult because I work hybrid and when I am in the office, I use a PC, but I use a Mac when working from home. The Outlook app is a little different in general on a Mac vs PC, understandably so since it is a Microsoft software, but it would be helpful if the features and overall experience were more streamlined to be the same across different operating systems as this would make the experience more consistent.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Outlook

My new company uses Outlook instead of Gmail/Google Calendar, which I was using previously.

Reviewed September 2022

Review for outlook

It is not a program that I can use for my personal e-mails. It can be used in more workplaces.

PROS

I'm using this through the company. It works for large-scale companies for users to interact with each other. It is an ideal program with its ability to access information quickly in parts such as the address book, signature operations and many features. It allows to categorize mails by giving colors.

CONS

It needs to be updated and developed for macos software. Also, mails are sent later to the desktop application. This pushes people to use online. It can be made faster. I am not looking for the efficiency I want in the filtering part either. When I type in the search button, it has trouble finding an exact match.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Outlook

It is a site that I am very familiar with and that I can log in quickly. Outlook runs very slow when logging in.

Eslam

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2022

Best email service

It is the best email service to use. With many options to help with productivity like focused inbox and how easy it is to use, you just have to love it. It is everything you except from Microsoft.

PROS

Outlook is one of my favourite email services. It is easy to use and the design is really nice and also customisable. It gives more free storage than you would normally need and I haven’t had the need to buy extra storage. Has the option to create custom domains for your company. Focused inbox makes it easy to only see the important emails and not get distracted by unimportant ones. The read my emails helps me stay updated even when driving.

CONS

I have nothing bad to say about outlook, I have really enjoyed using it and can see myself using it in the future.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Outlook

It was the used email in my university and have been using it ever since.

Josh

Insurance, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Client or Webmail it's the best for business

Perfect for business. You can manage access to multiple mailboxes. You can delegate mailboxes. You can put restrictions on plugins if needed. Being able to customize retention policies based off of user and folder, is a huge win.

PROS

Very user friendly. Able to setup signatures, auto-replies and alerts easily. Integrates well with other programs like Zoom for meetings, JIRA for tickets, and several other options. Offers both a client version and a web version.

CONS

The client can be a little slow if the mailbox is very large. We have found it runs much faster on through webmail.

Reason for choosing Microsoft Outlook

We like the admin tools and control that Outlook offered. It was built better for a business environment.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Outlook

Were looking for a better mailbox system. Mail within Notes was getting outdates.

Tim

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Good software, sort of bloated and can be difficult to navigate at times

Excellent program, I haven't seen anything else yet that compares.

PROS

Email features and scheduling features are straight forward and reliable. Having a program that combines email capabilities with scheduling capabilities is fantastic.

CONS

The depth of submenus you have to navigate to change what I would consider to be simple options. There's so many features that it's easy to get lost in the details.

Reason for choosing Microsoft Outlook

Well established program that runs pretty smooth most of the time. Support from Microsoft is likely to be ongoing and comprehensive with time.