Oktopost Software Reviews

Oktopost Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"Although it offered some great features, we found other options that could offer the similar options for a much lower price."
  • icon"Really good packaging of offerings -- scheduling, analytics, advocacy, campaign management -- all great. Good value for the money."
  • icon"The service itself is great. Customers can easily schedule posts via ClickDimensions in Dynamics CRM and then view that data either in CRM or for more robust data, in the Oktopost portal."
  • icon"Inability to copy posts from various listening streams to advocacy board without first posting from business account. Glitchy time zone settings."
  • icon"Inability to tag when purposing content for LinkedIn or Facebook."
  • icon"Limited social account overview feature in reporting."

Browse all Oktopost Reviews

• Have you used Oktopost and would like to share your experience with others?

Lucy

October 2015

Reporting, conversion tracking, advocacy - complete social reporting!

Strategic Internet Consulting have been using Oktopost for around six months to support social media activity in our Inbound campaigns. More comprehensive than simple scheduling tools, it was the social advocacy board that first drew us to the tool, plus HubSpot integration, and detailed reporting on social conversion. As an agency user, we're now Silver Oktopost Partners.

Pros

- Advocacy board. Any content that is sent via main business profiles appears on a unique user board for everyone in the company to promote via their own work accounts, increasing reach and engagement. - HubSpot integration and detailed conversion tracking to better assess social effectiveness - Autoposting features and bulk upload options for faster social message creation and scheduling (across all social platforms, not just twitter) - Feedly integration to make sharing industry content easy - Monitoring sections to view engagement and interaction - Campaign segmentation for easy use, scheduling and tracking

Cons

In the future we'd like to see more segmentation on the leaderboard - by social campaign if possible, as not everyone in the business needs to post on all topics. Having the chrome app pull through images when sharing to twitter would be useful too, but not too big an issue! A paid ads integration might be asking a lot but would be interesting to see.

Overall good social media management, but can use some polish

Overall good - once the two liked items in my review get addressed it'll be great.

Pros

Integrations - Oktopost can be connected to the most popular social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram), Bitly, and Google Analytics.

Cons

Editing recurring posts - our previous software would let us edit a whole series of recurring posts if we needed to do any updates to that series. With Oktopost, once you schedule recurring posts, you have to then edit them one by one if you need to. Scheduling - when scheduling, I want to see which days already have posts in them so we avoid overlap.

Reasons for choosing Oktopost

Included for free with our current marketing automation software.

Reasons for switching to Oktopost

Included for free with our current marketing automation software.

User Friendly - but VERY Basic

Generally like it but feel it might be for companies starting their journey out on social and employee advocay.

Pros

It is a tool that is extremely user friendly, making it easy to train teams that are required to use it. Makes post scheduling very easy.

Cons

It doesn't inform a user when their profile is disconnected so someone can still be sharing daily without realizing it isn't going through. Doesn't allow media uploads like large video files for users to share - more link based.

Reasons for choosing Oktopost

Pricing was very competitive.

August 2022

Fantastic calendar view

Very easy to use.

Pros

I really like the calendar view where you can see all of the weeks posts and the information about them. It's easy to plot in a campaign.

Cons

Sometimes hard to tag organisations and individuals into posts

Chris J.

Industry: Research

April 2016

One of the best social marketing platforms

Social marketing is difficult for our team because we don't often have huge amounts of time to spend getting campaigns up and running. We also need to find out how our campaigns performed - for both engagement and conversions. Oktopost allows us to deploy a fully scheduled campaign in about 5 minutes. We can also see analytics for each and every campaign, across a whole range of KPI's and metrics. Reporting on our communications activities is now as easy as exporting a few PDF's. These aren't vanity metrics either, they are all tied to major business objectives. Oktopost also lets us monitor social in vertical streams, so we can follow our own feed and messages just as easily as we can monitor the competition, track keywords and identify conversation topics to join. The employee advocacy platform within Oktopost has also transformed how we communicate with our staff and they can now share our organisation messages from their own accounts and have it fully tracked and aggregated as part of a campaign. We can also curate content directly from Oktopost. This content can be directly assigned to a campaign too, which is measured in the per-campaign analytics. The campaign tagging is also fantastic, because we can run reports filtered by internal groups and communications objectives. Overall, we are extremely happy with Oktopost. The product is great, but the support team is even better. They are friendly, offered us a discount as a non-profit, and answer questions quickly.

Pros

• Outstanding customer support • Unique product - the campaign focus is excellent for marketing teams • Campaign tagging for report filtering • Reports are best-in-class with important metrics (conversion funnel)

Cons

• Basic in-app curation engine (although browser extension improves this functionality) • Limited social account overview feature in reporting

Stephanie

Great platform for B2B social media marketing

Social advocacy and easy social media management.

Pros

Their calendar/campaign feature is probably one of my favorite features. It's comprehensive and the color coding makes it super organized. I'm a huge fan of the image library that's included. Additionally, we love this product for social employee advocacy. It has helped out employees become brand ambassadors and share content super easily to their own networks.

Cons

There truly isn't much that I don't like about this product. The Salesforce integration works but unfortunuately we haven't been able to take advantage of it too much here.

Anna

February 2022

Solid marketing tool with the functionality that covers all my needs.

Pros

The tool is easy to use and I didn't need any onboarding or extra training. Through Oktopost I have a clear overview of my content across all channels and I can easily track my pieces of content. I had troubles with accessing my account in the beginning, and the support was very efficient. I like my weekly analytics emails as well as they deliver all datapoints that are relevant to my strategy.

Cons

I am looking forward to seeing ho Oktopost will develop regarding the external integrations or additional extra instruments to help me hone my hone my content & visuals (be it an image editor or automated hashtags). For now the set of the functionalities is relatively standard, albeit packed in a clear efficient way.

Cameron

Good social media software - good tools and fair priced

I liked the experience. I thought that it was easy for me to get started, get things working and get our social media handled. We left only because we got HubSpot and it already had social media tools.

Pros

Good tools and integrations with all major social media platforms. I used this for a time at my last company and it went well. Easy to schedule things and do things, managing all your company social media posts.

Cons

Not much. It's a fairly robust software, and improves upon Hootsuite and others. If you aren't using HubSpot or another bigger software with social media integrated already, you could get this and feel good.

July 2022

Great for social management across different teams, channels and countries

Pros

This software works well for our internal functions to plan, approve, and schedule posts across a number of different social media channels and regions. The calendar function gives a nice visual to ensure posts don't overlap or cross post at the wrong times. The advocacy function helps centralise posts for employees to share on their own channels.

Cons

The lack of time changes - we have teams across the US and Europe - we would like the ability to have localised time zones for users when scheduling posts.

Constance

May 2022

Great and convenient tool, easy to use

It is a great experience overall.

Pros

You can plan as many posts as you want and you can select campaigns to track the results

Cons

The Analytics tools are not as developed as I wish, it would be great to have API with Hubspot or any CRM to connect each campaign. We are not able to publish carousel on linkedin or the format does not look right. It would be amazing to be able to plan many carousels on the tool aswell

Great tool for social media marketers

Overall, I love using this platform and it makes my life so much easier.

Pros

Oktopost is extremely user friendly. Its easy to create, schedule and get social messages approved. Has some nice collaboration features, and the tracking is great. Allows you to pull analytics by tags, social platforms, users etc. Also has an amazing advocacy platform that integrates into the rest of your social plan and allows you great visibility into who in your company is posting and what their contribution is in terms of how much traffic you get.

Cons

I find the feature of scheduling posts a bit annoying sometimes as things can get left in draft mode, and its not super clear until the day has come and gone and your post didnt go out. They also make you reconnect each profile every 3 months which can get tedious.

Lauren

Great Product but Could Use a Couple Upgrades

I really appreciate the ease of scheduling social posts in advance but I wish it was easier to copy statuses so I could publish to multiple networks at once instead of Facebook, and then Twitter, and so forth. Maybe you can and I'm missing how to do it but if that's true it's not intuitive.

Pros

Ease of scheduling and editing.

Cons

Wish it was easier to post to multiple networks with the same status at once.

Response from Oktopost

Hey Lauren, thanks for the feedback! We actually do this on purpose. We believe that each network has its own flavor and language so it is important to speak in the right tone. Also, some networks have unique message structures (Twitter 140 characters, mentions etc.) it is important to differentiate between the different message types. Hope that helps!

Replied January 2017

Industry: Oil & Energy

Mostly positive with the ease of scheduling messages on multiple networks.

Pros

I like the opportunity to schedule messages in advance and track the campaigns. My team consistently uses this function to have messages scheduled throughout the week, which in turn, works very well for our clients who depend on us for message and content promotion.

Cons

The fact that I can't easily see who the followers are for each social network and have the ability to segment the audience. We would like to know if the followers we have are real or just bot accounts, or even more so, fake accounts, entirely. Having the audience segmentation would allow us to target specific message per network.

Emilia

Great B2B Social Automation Tool

Pros

Gives you a calendar view of all your posts, allows you to create 'campaigns' and tag them for easy filtering in the analytics section, UTM parameters & link shortening via the campaign, track unknown visitors until they convert, social advocacy component built in, curated content, Marketo/SFDC integrations. Also, a great and very responsive support team!

Cons

Not much really. The new UI has a lot of great updates. The only thing I'd like to see more of are threads about how others are using the platform/how they set it up / sharing best practices and tips and tricks.

Natasha

September 2016

Okto-perfect lol

Been using this tool for a while now. I still think there are some things it can improve on but honestly this is the best B2B social tool on the market without a doubt. Hopefully they have an IT team listening to and responding to feedback quick enough to build the platform even further. Thanks again guys for being so awesome x

Pros

Campaigns, Streams, Advocacy Board User Management

Cons

Hardly anything tbh - i think the streams area could have top level tabs. For example I want to have 5 streams in the UK and then have the same streams in French etc. So the tool might need to be considered from a GLOBAL company perspective but other then that it is a perfect tool.

Amal

Great tool - easy to use - convenient - amazing support

Great ! I would highly recommend. Great way to gain time and set a proper social media strategy.

Pros

How easy and convenient it is to use + regular new additional features added to the platform + amazing support from the team.

Cons

I don't see any major downside. I am looking forward to be able to schedule stories from Oktopost.

Emily

Gets the job done without adding too much complexity.

Pros

The ability to segment posts by campaign and the approval workflow process. The UI is nice and user friendly, it is easy to onboard new contributors.

Cons

Inconsistent support -- I used to hear from Oktopost a lot and responses were timely, lately I have not been able to get in touch with anyone and have a pretty pressing issue to figure out.

Sreenivasulu

Very good product, go for this..

The overall experience on this product is very good.I can easily interact with the interface and it is very easy to use.

Pros

The product is very easy to use.And the features are damn good.Best to use this product.

Cons

The product is easy to use.Any user can easily understand the interface and can easily use this software.