• Pros

• "It is a tool that is extremely user friendly, making it easy to train teams that are required to use it. Makes post scheduling very easy. "

• "I like the easy way I can schedule social media posts on the B2B platforms that I use the most. There are a lot of easy tools to make the scheduling consume as little time as possible. "

• "Easy to use with a very small learning curve. Ability to create campaigns and tag them with campaign attributes is a plus. "

• Cons

• "Some of the features/functions are in beta. But once they roll out everything, it will be great"

• "Inconsistent support -- I used to hear from Oktopost a lot and responses were timely, lately I have not been able to get in touch with anyone and have a pretty pressing issue to figure out. "

• "Advocates wish they could schedule their personal tweets beyond just what's been posted to the board. Streams could use some refinement -- it's the one area I struggle to figure out."

Browse Oktopost Reviews

Lucy from Strategic Internet Consulting

October 2015

Reporting, conversion tracking, advocacy - complete social reporting!

Strategic Internet Consulting have been using Oktopost for around six months to support social media activity in our Inbound campaigns. More comprehensive than simple scheduling tools, it was the social advocacy board that first drew us to the tool, plus HubSpot integration, and detailed reporting on social conversion. As an agency user, we're now Silver Oktopost Partners.

Pros

- Advocacy board. Any content that is sent via main business profiles appears on a unique user board for everyone in the company to promote via their own work accounts, increasing reach and engagement. - HubSpot integration and detailed conversion tracking to better assess social effectiveness - Autoposting features and bulk upload options for faster social message creation and scheduling (across all social platforms, not just twitter) - Feedly integration to make sharing industry content easy - Monitoring sections to view engagement and interaction - Campaign segmentation for easy use, scheduling and tracking

Cons

In the future we'd like to see more segmentation on the leaderboard - by social campaign if possible, as not everyone in the business needs to post on all topics. Having the chrome app pull through images when sharing to twitter would be useful too, but not too big an issue! A paid ads integration might be asking a lot but would be interesting to see.

Great tool for social media marketers

Overall, I love using this platform and it makes my life so much easier.

Pros

Oktopost is extremely user friendly. Its easy to create, schedule and get social messages approved. Has some nice collaboration features, and the tracking is great. Allows you to pull analytics by tags, social platforms, users etc. Also has an amazing advocacy platform that integrates into the rest of your social plan and allows you great visibility into who in your company is posting and what their contribution is in terms of how much traffic you get.

Cons

I find the feature of scheduling posts a bit annoying sometimes as things can get left in draft mode, and its not super clear until the day has come and gone and your post didnt go out. They also make you reconnect each profile every 3 months which can get tedious.

April 2016

Chris J. from The Genome Analysis Centre

Industry: Research

April 2016

One of the best social marketing platforms

Social marketing is difficult for our team because we don't often have huge amounts of time to spend getting campaigns up and running. We also need to find out how our campaigns performed - for both engagement and conversions. Oktopost allows us to deploy a fully scheduled campaign in about 5 minutes. We can also see analytics for each and every campaign, across a whole range of KPI's and metrics. Reporting on our communications activities is now as easy as exporting a few PDF's. These aren't vanity metrics either, they are all tied to major business objectives. Oktopost also lets us monitor social in vertical streams, so we can follow our own feed and messages just as easily as we can monitor the competition, track keywords and identify conversation topics to join. The employee advocacy platform within Oktopost has also transformed how we communicate with our staff and they can now share our organisation messages from their own accounts and have it fully tracked and aggregated as part of a campaign. We can also curate content directly from Oktopost. This content can be directly assigned to a campaign too, which is measured in the per-campaign analytics. The campaign tagging is also fantastic, because we can run reports filtered by internal groups and communications objectives. Overall, we are extremely happy with Oktopost. The product is great, but the support team is even better. They are friendly, offered us a discount as a non-profit, and answer questions quickly.

Pros

Outstanding customer support Unique product - the campaign focus is excellent for marketing teams Campaign tagging for report filtering Reports are best-in-class with important metrics (conversion funnel)

Cons

Basic in-app curation engine (although browser extension improves this functionality) Limited social account overview feature in reporting

matt from siffron

Good option for social syndication

Although we really didn't have much other choice for platforms, this one works for us pretty well.

Pros

This is actually the only social platform that is out of box integrated with our marketing automation system, but we still find it effective. You can schedule posts, review stats, and it has a WYSIWYG editor for creating content.

Cons

I do wish that you could just enter in the content once. You have to do it for all channels. I also don't really rely on the reporting data, so we just use Google Analytics.

User Friendly - but VERY Basic

Generally like it but feel it might be for companies starting their journey out on social and employee advocay.

Pros

Cons

It doesn't inform a user when their profile is disconnected so someone can still be sharing daily without realizing it isn't going through. Doesn't allow media uploads like large video files for users to share - more link based.

Reasons for Choosing Oktopost

Pricing was very competitive.

Stephanie from Internet Creations

Great platform for B2B social media marketing

Social advocacy and easy social media management.

Pros

Their calendar/campaign feature is probably one of my favorite features. It's comprehensive and the color coding makes it super organized. I'm a huge fan of the image library that's included. Additionally, we love this product for social employee advocacy. It has helped out employees become brand ambassadors and share content super easily to their own networks.

Cons

There truly isn't much that I don't like about this product. The Salesforce integration works but unfortunuately we haven't been able to take advantage of it too much here.

Mark from Hart Energy

Industry: Oil & Energy

Mostly positive with the ease of scheduling messages on multiple networks.

Pros

I like the opportunity to schedule messages in advance and track the campaigns. My team consistently uses this function to have messages scheduled throughout the week, which in turn, works very well for our clients who depend on us for message and content promotion.

Cons

The fact that I can't easily see who the followers are for each social network and have the ability to segment the audience. We would like to know if the followers we have are real or just bot accounts, or even more so, fake accounts, entirely. Having the audience segmentation would allow us to target specific message per network.

Great, affordable social media tool for any size organization

Pros

Cons

Reporting could be a bit more robust, along with the platforms ability to recommend the "best" time to post based on past performance. No Live Chat option can be frustrating, although email support is generally pretty quick (one business day).

Cameron from Solutionreach, Inc.

Good social media software - good tools and fair priced

I liked the experience. I thought that it was easy for me to get started, get things working and get our social media handled. We left only because we got HubSpot and it already had social media tools.

Pros

Good tools and integrations with all major social media platforms. I used this for a time at my last company and it went well. Easy to schedule things and do things, managing all your company social media posts.

Cons

Not much. It's a fairly robust software, and improves upon Hootsuite and others. If you aren't using HubSpot or another bigger software with social media integrated already, you could get this and feel good.

Rudi from CoDirect

Oktopost for SME companies

Oktopost is a great tool for managing your social presence. It helps you in numerous ways: discovering relevant content, monitoring social media, posting of content, etc. Easy to use and with lots of reporting, oktopost is an invaluable tool for any company that takes social media serious.

Pros

- ease of use - message assets - scheduling - content discovery

Cons

Nothing much. The fact that Facebook and linkedIn have taken away the possibility to post in groups is a bummer.

Lauren from VisualDx

Great Product but Could Use a Couple Upgrades

I really appreciate the ease of scheduling social posts in advance but I wish it was easier to copy statuses so I could publish to multiple networks at once instead of Facebook, and then Twitter, and so forth. Maybe you can and I'm missing how to do it but if that's true it's not intuitive.

Pros

Ease of scheduling and editing.

Cons

Wish it was easier to post to multiple networks with the same status at once.

Response from Oktopost

Replied January 2017

Hey Lauren, thanks for the feedback! We actually do this on purpose. We believe that each network has its own flavor and language so it is important to speak in the right tone. Also, some networks have unique message structures (Twitter 140 characters, mentions etc.) it is important to differentiate between the different message types. Hope that helps!

Emilia from Evolve IP

Great B2B Social Automation Tool

Pros

Gives you a calendar view of all your posts, allows you to create 'campaigns' and tag them for easy filtering in the analytics section, UTM parameters & link shortening via the campaign, track unknown visitors until they convert, social advocacy component built in, curated content, Marketo/SFDC integrations. Also, a great and very responsive support team!

Cons

Not much really. The new UI has a lot of great updates. The only thing I'd like to see more of are threads about how others are using the platform/how they set it up / sharing best practices and tips and tricks.

Natasha from GlobalSign

Okto-perfect lol

Been using this tool for a while now. I still think there are some things it can improve on but honestly this is the best B2B social tool on the market without a doubt. Hopefully they have an IT team listening to and responding to feedback quick enough to build the platform even further. Thanks again guys for being so awesome x

Pros

Campaigns, Streams, Advocacy Board User Management

Cons

Hardly anything tbh - i think the streams area could have top level tabs. For example I want to have 5 streams in the UK and then have the same streams in French etc. So the tool might need to be considered from a GLOBAL company perspective but other then that it is a perfect tool.

Emily from Pantheon

Gets the job done without adding too much complexity.

Pros

The ability to segment posts by campaign and the approval workflow process. The UI is nice and user friendly, it is easy to onboard new contributors.

Social Management Platform for B2B

We've tied our social media to our actual return on investment in campaigns and gained a ton of insight into the efficacy of our social in general.

Pros

This is a really robust platform that has truly been developed for B2B clients such that social stats integrate with marketing automation. The platform is really easy to use and has resources for just about every vertical you can use social to support. Tons of analytics insight for social that you don't normally see in these kinds of platforms.

Cons

Using the platform to its fullest takes 2-3 hours of training with an Oktopost rep. That's more than any other scheduler I've used previously.

Best B2B Social Media Platform

I've been using Oktopost for over a year and I'm happy with the tool. Customer support is quick and helpful. They communicate new features regularly. I don't have any compliants.

Pros

- Ability to schedule posts across multiple profiles - Create 'campaigns' and tag campaigns for reporting - Advocacy built in - Content calendar - Content suggestions - Social Listening - All the integrations

Cons

It would be nice to have a content calendar for advocacy posts like the regular posts.

Dan from Civis

Fantastic capabilities and workflow - UI/UX takes a little getting used to, but is manageable.

Pros

Love the native tagging for Twitter content. The campaign org of all content should be the gold standard for marketing automation products. Best customer service team I've worked with to date - if they do not know the answer (which they usually do), they will go well out of their way to find it for you. Calendar view is a little less intuitive than I would like, but once you get the hag of it, it is head and shoulder above the competition (I find this view is often the most sought after by leadership or cross functional partners for visibility into the content strategy).

Cons

Inability to copy posts from various listening streams to advocacy board without first posting from business account. Glitchy time zone settings. Inability to tag when purposing content for LinkedIn or Facebook.

Iris from MapR Technologies

As the only person managing my employer's social media presence, this has made my job more efficient

Pros

I am a big fan of the overall UI. The Advocacy Board feature has been instrumental in helping us grow our social media reach. The robust Analytics view helps make reporting on results that much easier.

Cons

I think making the Calendar view contents be drag-and-dropable would be amazing. The social board expiration date resets when I go back to a piece of content I saved.

Caitlin from PageUp

Great Social Media Insight for ROI

Has been a massive step up from other tools we have used! Integrates with Marketo and Salesforce to give our sales team greater insight on what prospects are engaging with, and helps us attribute MQLs back to social media. Love the employee advocacy functionality too.

Pros

Conversions, integration with Marketo

Cons

A bit clunky sometimes

Response from Oktopost

Replied December 2016

Hey Caitlin, Thanks for the great review! Always great to see that our users love the platform.

Social analytics done right!

Pros

Oktopost makes the life of a social media manager so much easier. Beyond making scheduling and advocacy incredibly simple, I appreciate the integrations available and the amount of data and analytics that come with the platform.

Cons

No complaints. Oktopost has made social so much easier!

Margaret from commercetools

Oktopost is easy to use and intutive.

Pros

Oktopost makes advocacy and social media management easy for our organization. It's easy to post updates to all our channels and to have employees repost.

Cons

The dashboard and Manage post icons are different and it's confusing which one to operate from as both an employee advocate and a social media manager.

Sheny from Fractal Analytics

Amazing tool

We are using this tool since almost a year now, and our experience has been very nice in terms of getting onboarded, using the tool day in day out and the customer service provided by the Oktopost team.

Pros

The ease of use, kind of analytics it provides.

Cons

There are certain limitations but that's fine, no tool can provide everything.

Shannon from Salesfusion

Oktopost Review

Oktopost is a great tool for us to share info across our social channels and track who is viewing what.

Pros

The analytics

Cons

That you can't use Instagram with it.

Michaline from Evident.io

Helping our startup ramp our social brand

Increased visibility Gaining brand awareness Lead gen has been a happy surprise

Pros

Great success team! Really good packaging of offerings -- scheduling, analytics, advocacy, campaign management -- all great. Good value for the money Advocacy is helping our social media newbies ease into building their profiles

Natalie from BluePay

January 2016

Scheduling social media posts has never been so easy!

Pros

Cons

It's a very feature-rich product. Instead of just being signed on, I would have loved more introductory assistance and insight so I could see the tool's many features right away. I don't really know just where I need to go for help.

Stephanie from Internet Creations

A great tool for employee advocacy

Employee advocacy is fantastic!

Pros

The calendar feature is my favorite. I love that all my campaigns are color coded and posts can be dragged and dropped into a new date if necessary. It helps keep me organized and I can see exactly how many posts from each campaign are being scheduled.

Cons

I'd love to see Oktopost increase their listening tool to include FB messenger, Instagram, and posts/comments that were not sent through the platform.

Monica from Q'Straint

Industry: Translation and Localization

Great if you do a lot of social media

Pros

It's nice to be able to schedule my monthly posts and then not have to think about it again.

Cons

You can't tag scheduled facebook or linked in posts for some reason. You can only do that for twitter. Also, if you do a hyperlink, you can preview it.

Katie from Infinity

Great service

We have just started using Oktopost and can't believe how much easier it has made our social media management. The bulk upload feature is perfect for scheduling multiple messages in advance and we're really looking forward to using the employee advocacy feature.

Pros

The bulk upload feature

Cons

We needed a little bit of help understanding how the posting process works but this was only because it w as a different system to our previous social media management tool.

Mary from 3Cinteractive

Really awesome software

Really liked it!

Pros

It was easy to use and a really great social medial tool.

Cons

Sometimes, it was not very customizable.

Easy to Use Social Scheduling Platform

Makes social media marketing quick and easy.

Pros

Super easy to use, makes scheduling social campaigns on multiple mediums simple. The auto-scheduling is also useful. The platform chooses the best time to post based on analytics.

Cons

You constantly have to reconnect your social profiles without warning. This is a pain if you had a bunch of social scheduled in advance because you don't know it never posted until it's too late.

February 2014

Stephanie Miles

February 2014

Social media management tools that B2B marketers are looking for

Oktopost is superior to its competitors, in part because the social media tools it provides align so closely with what B2B marketers are looking for. When marketers utilize Oktoposts social media marketing platform, they dont have to guess whether their campaigns are working or estimate the value of their efforts. Oktopost provides its users with quantifiable data that they can use to justify their programs. The platforms auto-posting and advanced message scheduling features help marketers save time, while the advanced analytics and straightforward interface make it incredibly easy for new users to get started.

Pros

Ability to autopost on LinkedIn groups is useful for B2B marketers.

Cons

It's not possible to track Twitter mentions, only retweets

December 2014

December 2014

Good tool for Community Management

This tool is very useful if you're looking for a scheduling platform for most important social platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or LinkedIn. It also allows you to track campaigns, and create a content calendar. Everything is one place where you can see what you've scheduled on which channels for which days.

Pros

- it suggests optimal post timing for your key channels - easy to work with user interface - great for scheduling posts - downloading reports in PDF is easy

Cons

- you can't publish one post to multiple channels at the same time - I couldnt't tag people on Google+ - doesn't allow you to post images on LinkedIn

Michelle from Infogix

Thumbs up for Oktopost

We recently decided to swap our social media platform to Oktopost. While they have many similar features and capabilities as our existing platform, they had some really cool new features that I can't wait to explore. The idea of an advocacy platform is amazing for a B2B organization that's teaching employees to be social sellers. Their analytics platform far outpaces their competition and their scheduling platform is amazingly easy to use. Their queueing capability is something that makes my life so much easier! I'm really excited that we made the decision to swap vendors. Next on the list is the Marketo integration!

Marcel from inSided

great tool, very easy to use

increased social visibility

Pros

reporting, scheduling, the support from the team was pretty good. Overall great experience. Easy to use by end users (sales)

Cons

i believe that the tool is a bit too expensive for our organization as we dont have a large number of employees using it

Great tool for small scale social teams

Pros

This is a really great tool for smaller scale social teams that do not need super detailed reporting metrics. I loved the calendar view and being able to create and report on campaigns.

Cons

The metrics for reporting is nowhere close to Oktopost's large competitors like Hootsuite. And it is not a great tool for global social teams.

Britta from Kapost

January 2016

Great product and easy to use

Pros

This product is geared toward B2B companies. And their analytics are great for measuring real impact from that perspective.

Erin from Appcelerator

August 2016

Great tool for scheduling posts

Oktopost is easy to use and lets teams coordinate on messaging. It has some nice features like drag and drop on the calendar to move posts around easily. Only complaint is that the messaging about profiles expiring and how to troubleshoot/fix them is a little confusing. That said - customer service called me and helped me sort it quickly.

Pros

Easy to use.

Cons

Managing profiles

Mallory from Brokers Alliance

August 2016

I've used a lot of social posting tools while managing social media in various jobs. Oktopost stands out as one that is easy to use and the customer service is wonderful! They are so quick to get back to me and my team if we ever have a question about the features and/or best practices.

Adam H. from Powtoon

A capable yet imperfect social media tool

I came into my position as social media manager at a company that was using Oktopost and unfortunately it didn't fit our daily needs. There are some positive features that help it stand out against the competition but ultimately we went in a different direction.

Pros

The best part of Oktopost is the tracking / tagging of posts within campaigns - that gives you excellent data and sorting when you're looking back on past posting.

Cons

It's not super user-friendly, and it's missing key features that its competitors have

Michael from SelectHub

Best in Class Social Media Management

While a little pricier than some of it's competitors, it's worth it.

Pros

Campaign management, scheduling and content library/duplication are all fantastic.

Cons

Higher priced than other solutions.

April 2014

Brian from Ceragon Networks

April 2014

Excellent

I've been using the application primarily to distribute content to dozens of groups simultaneously on LinkedIn. Oktopost is a fantastic solution for achieving this. I recommend the product for social media managers who are looking to increase efficiency and receive real-time analytics on the posts. Oktopost is nicely designed and has excellent customer service, it's a solution worth considering for your social media manager's workflow.

Caitlin from Brainrider | Better B2B marketing programs & websites

October 2015

Great and useful information from experts

Lots of valuable information to aid me in my daily practices

Pros

It gives really informal yet valuable information. It is helpful in my companies business to business marketing strategy.

Cons

I wish there was more content delivered to my email box, possibly every morning. A totally weird thing to like least, but I find it super helpful as I grow myself as a young individual in marketing.

Mary from CDK Global

September 2016

Great info for social media novices

I really like the OktoBlog Weekly. I find the information to be very relevant and easy to digest for someone who is not a social media expert. It definitely helps me be better at my job because I can speak more intelligently to our Social Media Manager when requesting assistance on a campaign.

Sierra from InnoVergent

Great employee advocacy functionality

I became introduced to Oktopost when our marketing automation platform, Salesfusion, launched the integration. Oktopost has been very helpful in getting our staff to use social media. I like the attribution metrics that allow us to track ROI of social media efforts (and the integration with Salesfusion is the real value add for us). I also like that the Oktopost team is always improving their product based on actual user feedback. My experience with everyone on the team has been pleasant.

Nate from @NateSmoyer

Fantastic Content!

I've been a subscriber to the Oktopost newsletter for a while now. The content they deliver is always interesting and relevant to my interests'which includes B2B marketing. Subscribe for their newsletter. You won't regret it!

Pros

I'm not a paying customer of the software. I do however recommend the newsletter.

October 2015

David from Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC)

John from URealtyTeam

Great product

This product doors everything it put promises and much much more. I highly recommend checking out the company and its products.

Jennifer from Stetson

Easy for my colleague and I to work with

Pros

Definitely a great find as we have a lot of social media platforms and this makes it so much easier to do it all in one place

Cons

There are a couple of things that cannot be done with the software, so we do it on the platform themselves.

Sumit from Clonect Solutions

Simply great

I trust Oktopost and it is one of the "tools" for B2B Social Media Management Platform. Must have Oktopost.