Omnisend Software Reviews

Omnisend Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"The price point is great with very robust features for the future."
  • icon"I love that it integrated seamlessly with shopify. The email templates and campaigns are so convenient."
  • icon"Ease of use, GREAT customer service, great templates but simple to adjust."
  • icon"Not all my emails go to my customers and they complaint that our email goes to junk and before this would not happen."
  • icon"Sometimes when customizing your templates, it can get a little confusing."
  • icon"Ve had a lot of customers notify me that these emails go to SPAM."

Browse all Omnisend Reviews

• Have you used Omnisend and would like to share your experience with others?

Akande

Company size: 1,001 - 5,000 employees

Omnisend is a must have for Shopify stores

Chetan

Best Email Marketing Software for our Ecommerce Brand!

It was a nice experience with the Omnisend. We overall loved this tool for our automations and customer engagement.

Pros

Omnisend is the best email marketing tool for our fashion brand. We have used this tool a lot for our automations and campaigns, on a daily basis.

Cons

It's kind of a complete tool in the email marketing industry, and we loved this tool a lot.

Reasons for choosing Omnisend

It's the best as compared to other tools, and has the same functionalities.

Reasons for switching to Omnisend

It's the right tool for the email marketing as other tools, as we are on shopify.

Filippo

Industry: Utilities

Easy newsletter for shopify customers and not only

Pros

Omnisend allows you to define complex automatic communication workflow with different channels: email, SMS, push, facebook, you name it. The template editing is not the best, but still quite powerful and intuitive.

Cons

The signup workflow from Shopify works only for customers signed up via the form, not for customers that signed up during an order. This cause quite a lot of friction, I hope they will add the order as a trigger in the future. To use the more advanced channels like SMS, push notification and Facebook messages, you need to pay a more expensive plan. For a small business, it may be not possible.

Reasons for choosing Omnisend

The ratio between Feature/Cost is advantageous

Reasons for switching to Omnisend

MailChimp stopped supporting Shopify. I did not love Mailchimp anyway, the templating is awfull.

Response from Omnisend

Hi Filippo! Thank you so much for leaving such an unbiased and detailed feedback for our application. After reading your comment, we wanted to reach out with some clarification on your last comment. We indeed don't have a built-in solution for triggering the Welcome automation when subscribing to the check-out page. But, we may offer a workaround when defining the properties that distinguish those contacts, among others, will help you trigger different flows. For example, you may set up the Segment of the contacts having Subscribed status and not having the opt-in date field (that is assigned after subscribing to the Signup form) and use it in the Segment entry-based flow. In that case, any new contact subscribing at the checkout page will get the intended message. Please, check this instruction (https://support.omnisend.com/en/articles/2398171-contact-enters-exits-a-segment-automation ) and reach out to our Support Team for assistance via support@omnisend.com.

Replied July 2020

Yağızcan

Industry: Computer Networking

October 2022

Save your time with Omnisend

Pros

It leaves your time and energy to you with very professional and concise automatic message sets. It is an easy-to-learn user-friendly application.

Cons

Since it is very useful and functional, I have not encountered any problems so far.

Matt

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Many features

Overall I am satisfied!

Pros

It helps us with people who sign up for our mobile app - they are added to our contact list and then receive a welcome email.

Cons

The email content builder is glitchy. Fonts, colors, etc.

Heather

August 2022

Omnisend is great! Highly recommend!

Omnisend has been great! I have friends trying to get me to switch to their provider all the time but they haven't used Omnisend and I'm hesitant to move anywhere when it's so easy to use and the customer service is so great. If it's not broken, don't fix it - right?!

Pros

The process of moving my emails over in the beginning was seamless. I love the copy feature so I'm not making a new email each week. I can just replace the content with relevant content to my new email campaign. Customer service is always very helpful and available through chat instead of waiting for an email that might not even answer the question I have (that's why I switched from my old provider).

Cons

The only issue I ever had was trying to type inside the content box, but they have since fixed that so it's no longer an issue.

Reasons for switching to Omnisend

The customer service was horrible. They messed up my grand opening sale and didn't care. Their response was something to the affect of "it's ok, you can have another grand opening sale".... WHAT?! NO! I had about 50 people waiting for my email saying my store was open and the sale was happening and I couldn't tell them because they wouldn't let me send an email out. They failed to tell me that they would have to do some sort of audit to make sure I wasn't spamming people who didn't sign up for my emails. The crazy thing is all of the people signed up from an app on my website that said they would be the first to know when my store went live. I don't understand what they needed to verify.... Instead they gave me some stupid line about how they needed to protect their brand too and they do that with all new brands who use them. Ok... Well they should have told me that instead of not responding to me until my 3 day grand opening sale was over. I'm still fuming about it and it's been 2 1/2 years.... Jeesh.

Mary Elizabeth

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Loving Omnisend

Omnisend customer support is very responsive and helpful. Overall I really love this product and would recommend it to other businesses.

Pros

I love that we can create newsletters well in advance and automate them to go out. I also love the automation flows and the wonderful robust reporting. This product really has been helpful for growing our business!

Cons

The new builder has issues that the old one never did. You can't put a background on your email, the movement of blocks is strange and not always effective, the product linking is both a good thing and a bad thing.

Reasons for switching to Omnisend

Mailchimp did not integrate with our Shopify store in the way that we needed it to. Integrating Omnisend with our Shopify store has been invaluable to growing our business!

Erika

Great email platform! Would recommend

Pros

It is very easy to use and I am able to drag and drop different sections into my email which allows for easy customization. I can easy duplicate previous emails to keep the template that I have used in the past. There are also new templates that I can choose from if I am stuck. Good price for everything that it offers and it links to my website.

Cons

being able to disable the SMS part for a slight discount and being able to sort contacts easier.

Reasons for switching to Omnisend

This product seemed easier to use and allowed me to have more contacts in the system.

Meryam

August 2022

Omnisend is a game changer!

We've tried 2 other email platforms prior to and nothing was as easy as omnisend, time is the most valuable thing to a business owner, and Omnisend simply saves me a lot of time.

Pros

We have been using Omnisend for over 2 years now, we integrated it with our shopify store and it has been a breeze. I was a beginner at email marketing and still feel like I am, but Omisend makes me feel like I can get the job done. We love the templates and the drag & drop features. Everything is fast and efficient. We also love the Automations and the ready made templates for those as well.

Cons

There's nothing I dislike about the software, I would suggest more weekly "prompts" to give us fresh ideas on what to send out in our emails, or maybe an automation refresher? Things that can be fixed or adjusted to maximize profits.

Reasons for switching to Omnisend

Mailchimp no longer worked well for retail when they did their updates.

Batuhan

October 2022

Ease of Use...

Pros

I think it can work more complicated, but first of all, there should be a great deal of innovation in the interface.

Cons

Ease of use challenged me for a longer time than I expected, I had an adaptation problem.

September 2022

I'm very satisfied

Pros

Very simple and easy to use application, which helps me a lot in my work

Cons

For the moment. I have nothing to say.I already recommend it to my relatives

Reasons for choosing Omnisend

Good value for money and also easier to use on omnisend

Amandine

November 2022

Amazing, beginner-friendly email marketing software with great customer support

Awesome! Great, friendly and quick customer support, easy to use pre-made automations and templates, free course to get started, useful contacts and segment lists. I wouldn't use any other software for my email marketing!

Pros

I am a small business and I knew how important email marketing was. However, I struggled to understand how to implement it - how to create segments, how to send out relevant emails for my target audience, how to create automations, etc. It's has truly been so easy with Omnisend! First of all, they have a free course to get you started on their software and set up your first automations (welcome, abandoned cart). This course was very helpful. They have pre-made automations which was super useful for a beginner like me. I connected Omnisend to my website and with the right set up, I now have all my contacts put in segments that are relevant to their purchases and interests, which is great to send them THE email that will make them buy my products. Bonus points for their team, who is always super quick to respond to any questions you may have and is very friendly!

Cons

The only thing that I don't really care for is email templates, but it's probably because I'm a Webdesigner and I'm used to creating my own. However, you can save pre-made layouts so that's the way I do it to gain some time when I create my emails. Their automatic branding tool could be better honestly, but it's not the main aspect of the software so I don't really care that much.

Reasons for choosing Omnisend

Price and overall feeling of the brand. Omnisend seemed easier to use and their team answered my questions right away before I started using their software.

Reasons for switching to Omnisend

MailerLite: not enough options, not professional enough.Mailchimp: too complicated to understand, set up and use as a beginner.

November 2022

Omnisend review

My overall experiance is very good. I would recomende the product to other people or should i say i already did. We are currently running 4 websites on it and we will be doing more. So in my book they have a loyal customer. And yes we have tried others.

Pros

Price for performance doesn't come close to anyone. I think it is right there with Klaviyo but it is a lot cheaper. So that would be the part. Also i ti quite simple to use and to set up. The support is also very responsive but somethimes they don't have all ther right answers. But nevertheles they are there to help.

Cons

My least favorite feature is that i can't search by phone number in the contacts but you have to create a segment. I think the search needs a little work.

Best price/ performance

Reasons for switching to Omnisend

Mailchimp is really awfull. I can't bare it.

December 2021

You're in for some billing surprises...

Pros

The software itself is really intuitive and useful. I enjoyed it very much.

Cons

This billing issue has really soured my feeling about this company. The monthly price that they show on their account page is wrong. They changed pricing over the years that I have been with them - which is absolutely fine. What isn't okay, however, is that where the pricing is shown on the account page is calculated completely wrong. That means, their website was showing that I would be billed $540 per month, and when the bill came in, it was $690. It's very upsetting to not know what to expect. I reached out to omnisend about this and spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT], but they showed me their pricing page, which still has a different number ($640). Their own team couldn't figure out what I should have been paying! Now they are not taking responsibility for updating their own website to match the real bill. If you value knowing how much something costs every month and transparency, I would not go with this company.

Andrea

Good App - lots of options, good support & easy to set up

Pros

I love the live view of the software & find it captures much more data than I ever did on MailChimp as to who has clicked through & actions taken. The abandoned cart in particular is way more effective than mailchimp ever waas. After years of having a social media company manage my newsletter, I moved to ominsend when MailChimp stopped working with Shopify. I was able to manage the migration myself and support was excellent, from simple questions too difficult set up's questions. I like the many options for follow up drip series of follow-ups, abandoned carts, re-engaging customers. Love the gift box (although I do wish redirect/answer didn't go to a non-secure link as this comes up on my antivirus every time) & scratch & win. The base price of this app is reasonable and offers a lot of options included with it.

Cons

I love that this app has pop up's built-in but I wish they were more customizable to my theme. The wheel for example doesn't go with my color scheme so I haven't been using it. I have been trying to build a pop up exit offer to link to a quiz but can't get it to look right or work. I have tried several but have never put any into use as they either don't match my colour theme or I can't get them to do look how I want. I would like to see an overall metric that shows growth of my entire list instead of giving stats by each catagory such as automation, campaigns etc. While this info is great I would like to see the overall list growth as an additional stat as I watch the size of my list growth each week. The base price is reasonable but the next step up is a huge leap. I tried the upper price option for a month but found I wasn't making progress with the sms & messenger portion. It costs so much more I downgraded as it isn't affordable to test out. The ala carte add on's for these are way to expensive to acutally use (a person may as well just upgrade). I would like to see these options a bit more affordable as they take some time to build & start seeing results. There are apps that do messenging, sms & text at no charge or minimal/month & while I prefer to have everything under one app I would go with a less expensive due to the big leap in price. Would like to see loyalty program integrated

Reasons for choosing Omnisend

price. I like Marcelo but sending regular emails was going to triple my cost. A Shopify MailChimp migration helper suggested ominsend as I had not heard of it before and was already using Marcelo for their loyalty program. Had they not suggested omnisend I wouldn't have tried it out or found it.

Reasons for switching to Omnisend

they no longer were integrating with mailchimp. there are workarounds however after I tried omnisend I liked the many options and am actually paying less than mailchimp so have stayed with the app.

Diana

Industry: Sporting Goods

Is Omnisend right for you?

Omnisend has made my email marketing automated so I spend less time on the emails.

Pros

I have been using several email campaign providers for the past 10 years yet none have had the best customer service, a simple set up and amazing templates that you can customize. As a newbie to the software it can be intimidating but the youtube videos are so helpful. If you get stuck Omnisend has great customer service very polite and they respond very quickly. It was also easy to set up. I had to use an API to transfer my information to Omnisend so I just followed the directions. The Omnisend directions give you print screens so it makes it that much easier to follow. Lastly, Omnisend has easy to use templates just drag and drop. Thank you, creators, of Omnisend for taking the time to hear what the email marketers need!

Cons

This software is easy to use and can feel that you are doing something wrong. Also if you need major tech support they do take a day to answer and that can be stressful if you need them as soon as possible.

Reasons for choosing Omnisend

the Owner of Omnisend was on Andre Warner podcast and it seemed a right fit.

Reasons for switching to Omnisend

Mailchimp was not cooperating with our shopify store and our ebay provider

Nikola

Definitely Recommend Omnisend

Overall - A++. I considered migrating to some other platforms like Drip, but the team at Omnisend is so helpful and responsive that I would never switch. I really feel that I have been growing with a small company that I am by now a part of.

Pros

The product is easy to use and set up. What I would most recommend is the excellent customer service, that I cannot compliment enough. The team is very helpful and has been with me through all issues over the years.

Cons

The reports could be done better. I would like it if they were customisable, and some features are lacking for no apparent reason. For example, when reporting on Campaigns, you can see the amount of sales generated through Omnisend Campaigns and the average order value, but not the amount of orders. Conversely, when looking at the same report for Workflows, you can see the amount of orders. The UI could also be done better, as I feel there is a lot of wasted space that makes things harder to read / see than they should be.

Reasons for choosing Omnisend

It was easier to set up.

Tanya