OneUp Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"The ease of use, and the category driven timeslots. Brilliant and aligned perfectly with what I was needing to do."
  • icon"Easy in understanding the product. Excellent Customer Support."
  • icon"Yes, it's a social sharing app and one can invite team members. The best feature is the ability to add and automate RSS feeds."
  • icon"OneUp can be a bit buggy, and its interface is not the most intuitive. Plus, it's fairly limited when it comes to features and functionality."
  • icon"The interface is rudimentary, ugly, and often confusing."
  • icon"After about 2 months I started getting errors that required me to sign in and refresh or make changes to get things to work again."

Have you used OneUp and would like to share your experience with others?

All OneUp Reviews

Rebecca

Industry: Writing and Editing

A Must Have For Facebook Groups

Love this tool - it is great for managing/posting for social media shares FB groups! We manage a number of these groups where we have at least 10 daily posts that instruct our members about times to post to a variety of social media campaigns. We struggled with remembering to do the background work - OneUp took away all of the headache! Easy, peasy - quick to set up and never a failure to post!

Pros

The scheduling of FB posts was an answer to our prayers! It was easy to establish, set up, create posts and manage across the team. Very cost appropriate - and the tool offers a lot of answers to scheduling headaches.

Cons

That it didn't make my coffee! No, seriously, nothing bad at all!

Response from OneUp

Thanks Rebecca, glad to hear that OneUp has been helpful :)

Replied November 2019

Better then Facebook's in-platform auto scheduler, Better then Hoot Suite

Fantastic. I learned it quickly. My workers learned it quickly. Several learning curves with adding accounts to categories, but once we found the list view, we could cntl+f to easily add accounts to catagories. 10 out of 10 overall experience.

Pros

After loading over 500 posts and leaving for vacation, I returned with zero issues. All my posts were triggered on time. All happy clients. Google does not have a posting schedule, it is also hard to find. Lots of companies offer it, but they don't do it well. With Oneup, I can choose individual buttons like add call now buttons and website links. When I have a client that I need to post on FB, Google, Twitter, I just upload 1 post, and Oneup will post the image and the content on all 3 platforms, and on whatever time I want. We are going to start selling annual packages and the Oneup system allows you to duplicate posts and submit them again. This will be helpful when we start to rotate 350 posts annually. Everyone will be auto-pilot at that point and I will be able to increase my margins by over 300%. Excellent software, clean, easy to use. I highly recommend this product if you post on a daily basis with google my business alone or multiple platforms. Also, they are actively building the software, which is great because I know I have support and I know they still care about the product evolving. This is important because FB and Google update and change actively things, so Oneup needs to keep up with them. At this point, I feel they are 120% invested in staying on top. Give it a shot, 5-stars from us. Client Database - almost 100 clients Posts per Year - 1500+ Software Experience: 10 out of 10 A solution to a large section of our fulfillment: Yes.

Cons

When you are uploading numerous posts at one time, and don't have a spreadsheet to import (We write our content out of docs), after each submission, the page refreshes. You have to go and find the business again (hard when you have hundreds) then select them , then let it load up the post page again, then you can enter another post, submit, then it refreshes, have to start over again and find the business. I would love a (submit and post another) button, that instead of refreshing back to ground zero, just whipes the forms and refreshes the individual client page. Please consider, as it will save us hours every week.

Reasons for choosing OneUp

Hand-in-hand small company feel. We loved the interactions and prefer small business customer service over giant company, wait on hold for 10 hours and talk to people who know nothing, support. Price isn't the cheapest, but this is the only company that allows us to post 1500 character posts with links and photos, AND call to action buttons with google my business. THIS IS MAJOR Other companies all say they work with Google My Business, but they have huge limitations, or its not seamless. Not worth the risk and chance to lose the client. Oneup for the win.

Reasons for switching to OneUp

We needed the ability to schedule Google My Business posts out into the future. We have clients we have to post on everyday, and that makes it impossible to go camping or leave internet for more than a day. Now I can post out for my clients a whole year in advance, and I have a lot more time for me, less worry, and happy customers.

Response from OneUp

Thanks John, we are glad to hear that OneUp has enabled so much more efficiency for you! Based on your feedback in the Cons section, we have added an option for immediately scheduling another post after submitting a post. Hope it is helpful and saves you a ton of time! :)

Replied August 2020

Rick

Rudimentary social-sharing app offers no unique features

It was frustrating and non-intuitive to figure out how things worked. The interface was not appealing. There was no onboarding of any kind.

Pros

Well, not much really. Yes, it's a social sharing app and one can invite team members. The best feature is the ability to add and automate RSS feeds. Bitly integration is included. It has a Chrome extension but I didn't bother installing it because there was no link in the app itself to the Chrome webstore. I shouldn't have to go search for it myself.

Cons

The interface is rudimentary, ugly, and often confusing. For instance, when adding social networks, it wasn't clear that anything had happened because the UI element that indicated success was way down on the page. I have a 14-inch HD laptop screen. You have to have an iMac Pro or something to even notice the network had been added, without scrolling. Just indicative of the overall bad design. OneUp doesn't offer a single unique or compelling feature to persuade me to switch. There doesn't appear to be a default schedule for posts. Instead, the process of manually adding time slots is extremely tedious and time-consuming. Buffer, for instance, automatically sets up best-possible times for posting based on your time zone and the social network you're using. You can, of course, change that, but it's a big time-saver and it's based on their years of accumulated data.

Response from OneUp

Hey Rick, appreciate your feedback, however it seems like you may have missed some features. 1. In terms of onboarding, there is a tutorial video on the very first page inside of OneUp after you sign up. Did you get a chance to watch it? 2. There is a link to the Chrome Extension inside of OneUp. However, I guess we need to do a better job of making it easier to find. Thanks for the feedback. 3. OneUp does indeed have a Posting Schedule feature, where you can set predetermined timeslots for your posts. It is under "Posting Schedule" on the main navigation bar. Did you get a chance to check it out? All that said, we appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again soon :)

Replied September 2019

Jessica

September 2022

Best Portal Ever!

Excellent!

Pros

Easy to use and very reliable! The repost is awesome!

Cons

Yes. On LinkedIn, when you post content, you can make the image or video clickable. I have call to action content that I can't use via OneUp because it says "click this video/pic to learn more". That's the only thing I wanted to do and couldn't was add a link to the media.

Reasons for switching to OneUp

Looked better. Figured I'd give it a shot.

Response from OneUp

Thanks for the review Jessica! In the Cons section, I think what you are describing is a link preview. OneUp does indeed support link previews. You just need to a link, but NOT attach an image, and then your post will publish with a link preview :)

Replied September 2022

Max

Super effective and easy to use

Great! Easy setup, nice packages, great support and a great software!

Pros

It has a great support that has also an ear for small business owners and fast and great solutions for problems! For me, a friendly customer support is the most important beside the software itself! And: The software is effective, easy to use and perfect for us, because it offers scheduling for google my business, instagram and facebook at once!

Cons

Because I have a 13“ inch screen which is really small it is sometimes a bit hard to have every information on screen, but this is a very personal problem!

Reasons for choosing OneUp

The google my business support for scheduling posts

Reasons for switching to OneUp

The google my business support for scheduling posts and because it has more affordable solutions for small businesses which like to schedule their social media posts

Response from OneUp

Thanks Max, glad to hear you are enjoying OneUp :)

Replied February 2020

Crystal

Industry: Online Media

Easy to use and get in touch with customer support

It's really great that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] looks after his customers as well as he does. He is happy to help and prompt to answer.

Pros

Easy to get in contact with customer support/[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Cons

The only minor downside is the basic layout. Wish it could be a bit more in depth then I would use it solely instead of other platforms to supplement.

Reasons for choosing OneUp

Because of the compatibility with Google My Business.

Response from OneUp

Thanks Crystal, glad to hear you enjoy using OneUp :) Also, since you published this review, we have updated our entire user interface, so it's now a lot more modern and less basic :)

Katie

Industry: Research

Thankful for OneUp

My overall experience with OneUp has been outstanding. The ease and customer service is unmatched. Surprisingly not many platforms allow you to post threads like this and I am so thankful to have found OneUp.

Pros

The ability to schedule threads is the most important thing we were looking for from this platform. Before I found OneUp, another team member and I would have to go in and manually post Tweet responses twice a day. The ability to bulk schedule is an absolute plus. This platform has been a life saver and my team and I can't wait to use it again for our public health intervention.

Cons

I am happy with every aspect of this platform. The only thing I can think of to be improved is having the ability to schedule different tweets in the thread instead of having them all go out at once. Though for the project I am working on we do not need this and therefore, OneUp is the perfect platform.

Reasons for choosing OneUp

The ease and customer service of OneUp was not matched by any of the alternative sites we considered.

Reasons for switching to OneUp

Hootsuite does not have the ability to schedule threads which is what we needed for our project.

Response from OneUp

Thanks Katie, glad to hear you are enjoying OneUp for scheduling Twitter threads :)

Brian

OneUp for LinkedIn/Instagram

Time is all I have when it comes to servicing clients and OneUp allows me to efficiently schedule my postings and not have to worry about if I posted content at an appropriate times during the week. I love that I can hammer out my posts on the weekend and then drop them into the scheduler and trust that everything goes like clockwork.

Pros

OneUp makes posting to Linked-In for me super easy and allows me to schedule my posts accordingly, so I don't have to keep visiting the platform. The interface is very intuitive and all web based. I love the fact that I can proof a lot easier without the fear of publishing by accident and attach my photo to post as well. This and the fact that I can schedule my Instagram posts simultaneously to reflect on a different platform is very powerful and saves a lot of time as posting to Instagram via my phone for me is awkward.

Cons

At this point in my OneUp experience, I have no issues or criticisms. Their prompt replies to all my questions is testimony to their commitment to the overall experience of their customers.

Reasons for choosing OneUp

OneUp's functionality and its price point for me could not be beat. Being a start-up I find this the perfect go-to social media scheduler to help build my brand.

Response from OneUp

Thanks Brian, we are happy to hear that you are enjoying OneUp for scheduling your LinkedIn and Instagram posts :)

Replied April 2021

Juan

What a great Product

User friendly and the price is great. Cheaper than most tools.

Pros

I've used several tools like this one, but most won't link as easy as OneUp. With a few clicks I was able to set it up, link my accounts. Also, most tools won't allow you to post on your FB timeline on your personal profile. OneUp does. You can also do a mass post to all your accounts, while others it's one account at a time.

Cons

Was not able to update my email. But Im sure this functionality will come in the near future

Reasons for choosing OneUp

easy to use. I'm able to post on FB profile. Others I was limited and could only post on business pages.

Response from OneUp

Thanks Juan, glad to hear you enjoy using OneUp!

Replied January 2021

Vanessa

Best bang for the buck

Overall I am happy with the service and plan to continue using them, and hope to continue seeing improvements. One other thing I'd like to see in the future are suggestions for how to effectively post to each site. For instance, twitter and Linkedin seem to react better to links than pictures in our case.

Pros

After lots of research I went with Oneup. There are lot of companies today that provide similar services. I choose Oneup for a couple of main reasons. 1) I felt that the price range was lower than many 2) It posts to google business pages which is an uncommon feature that I wanted. I started with the free-trial, and decided after playing around with it that I enjoyed how easy it was to navigate.

Cons

I am giving it a 4 star review however because there are some areas in which I would like to see improvement. 1) When posting to instagram/twitter, I have to guess hashtags. Unlike when posting directly to instagram, you cannot see which hashtags are used and which aren't. 2) I can only post 1 picture or 1 video for each post. Most of the time it works fine for our purposes, but I am always annoyed when I end up needing to go directly to the instagram instead to post the same thing with more pics/videos. Also, I cannot edit photos or videos as you can on instagram. It has none of the filters or video cutting tools available. 3) When a post fails, it gives a reason which is usually impossible to comprehend and usually wrong. Most of my second twitter posts fail for instance...I don't know why, I think its just a glitch. On a plus side customer service is very responsive and helpful.

Response from OneUp

Thanks for the feedback Vanessa :) Since you published this review, we have actually added a hashtag suggestion feature, where it shows you popular hashtags related to your keyword. OneUp also supports multi-image posts now :) It looks like most of your failed Twitter posts had images with very large dimensions. We've added a feature that automatically resizes images when they are too small, so they publish successfully, so you should never have this issue again :)

Karl

It's very good, easy to use, if a little clunky.

I do like this platform. I've used Buffer and Hootsuite and OneUp is now my preferred. Whilst there are a couple of things to iron out (thus I've not given it 5 stars all round) I like the fact that the support team are quick to respond. It's easy to use and readily does what I need it to.

Pros

I like the scheduling calendar and the fact that I can move posts around. This makes it easier to make sure posts aren't going out across the channels on the same day. I also like the fact that I can quickly and easily duplicate posts so I don't have to recreate them from scratch.

Cons

The auto-scheduling doesn't quite work as described on the website. It automatically schedules your post after the last post (furthest into the future) and not the next available time-slot (nearest in the future). The website is a bit slow but I'm assured that it's a work-in-progress and will improve.

Reasons for switching to OneUp

Because OneUp enables me to post to Google My Business. And, since Buffer have moved to a different pricing model, OneUp is a bit cheaper.

Response from OneUp

Thanks for the review Karl :)

Replied November 2021

Sara

Industry: Restaurants

Communication was outstanding

Overall, my experience with OneUp was outstanding! If there would have been resizing built into the software so OneUp could be a one stop shop I would have continued past my trial. Davis, thank you for all your help through the trial I really appreciate it!

Pros

I researched online the best software to use for automation of my social media posts. Every site that I looked at referred me back to OneUp as the software to use. I used the software during the trial to see if it would fit within my business. The software was very easy to use and the communication with their customer support was OUTSTANDING! Any issues that I had I just reached out and the response was very quick. The other great thing about this software was that there was also a Google Chrome Extension.

Cons

The only issue I had with this software was when I would upload a picture I would get a warning message. The message would state that the picture might not display correctly due to the size and dimension and the platform restrictions of (Facebook, Instagram, etc). Obviously, it is good to have the warning there I get that, but built in resizing would have been a bonus. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to go to multiple places when posting (hence the automation).

Reasons for choosing OneUp

I tried multiple products at the same time to see which would be the best fit.

Replied October 2019

Leah

Makes a Real Difference Especially with Google My Business

Good, definitely. Today I had a problem that I couldn't resolve. I asked for help and got it very quickly. This is super important to me. I have a lot of patience with newer technology but am happy to grow with a growing company... but when I can't solve a problem with posted help, I want to be able to reach someone and this definitely happened today.

Pros

I have clients that need regular posting to their Google My Business account and the fact that you can use this app for such a low cost to schedule posts/updates is a big deal. I appreciate that the developers continue to make the user interface more intuitive and therefore easier to use.

Cons

The user interface initially took some getting used to and I would like the account holder profile to include a little more information.

Cost and support.

Response from OneUp

Thanks Leah, we are glad to hear OneUp has been helpful for you and your clients! We have actually just recently added more information and functionality to the account holder profiles :) Also, since you published this review, we have actually updated and modernized the entire user interface :)

Ab

Amazing software

I found OneUp because I was looking for an auto-scheduler for Google Business. But now I use it for all our channels. It's the best discovery for 2020 that makes social distribution a lot easier to manage.

Pros

I come from Buffer and Hootsuite and I know how much time it takes to collect text, URLs, images and then select the channels for distribution. OneUp works so smoothly in Chrome, with everything you need on one screen. It's a time saver.

Cons

One thing to be improved; there are no images shown in the automated RSS feed posts.

Reasons for switching to OneUp

Less user-friendly and no GB connection.

Response from OneUp

Thanks Ab, we love to hear that you enjoy using OneUp more than Buffer or Hootsuite! Regarding your RSS feed posts, they will publish with an image as long as your RSS feed is formatted properly. If you need any assistance with the formatting, just send us a message in the chat inside of OneUp :)

Replied April 2020