• Pros

• "Super easy to use and produces awesome results quickly!"

• "- Ease of Use - Time efficient - Certain complex tasks have been very simplified - For e.g. Changing the hue shade of banner images"

• "This is a great template system to encourage understanding of and how to use the brand. It allows for consistency across collateral produced by the university. It is fairly intuitive to use"

• Cons

• "It would be great to have some additional functions to move certain text placements. The approval function could be tweaked to give more options - but overall it's great. "

• "There is nothing like dislike in this software. It is easy to use one thing only is that any one can register here if the quality of product is not good that users can also sell their product."

• "No complaints about Outfit. I have a very limited usage - one kind of project so I am not using to full capabilities. "

Browse Outfit Reviews

Fantastic support, innovative product

Collaborative, live, role-based marketing collateral editing within design template

Pros

Ability to collaborate in designed version of content - no need for extra design time. Effective permissions control on viewing, editing, and exporting. Amazing support and collaborative development

Cons

No true change tracking feature (only a changelog) Some browser compatibility issues Occasional slow performance No offline editing option

Scott from Monash Uni

Good System but has challenges

I like the concept and the system and it works well for most things. But everyone I speak too who uses Outfit always mentioned they 'export the framework and then manipulate and edit in Acrobat Pro'. I don't feel that's a good use and value of people time to be double handling I think regualr comms for our central team or produced by Outfit would help eg: 1-2min user tips or videos, that show tricks, hints and insider tips on best practice, how to use or how to deal with common challenges.

Pros

Cons

I've noticed inconsistency within the suites of templates eg font size, typeface changes, formatting: If producing multiple flyers with different content - say one needs 3 images and the other only 1 - the fonts and typeface differ, formatting changes. This can be frustrating, as you then have a suite of flier that all look different. Also Font size on posters can be very small. A lot of feedback from attendees at events is they can't read what's on an A3, A2 or A1 poster from a distance.

Response from Outfit

Replied November 2018

Thanks Scott for your feedback. I have asked your Customer Success Manager to contact you to ascertain the templates you are using and perhaps propose tweaks to the Central brand team if the brand has evolved since they approved the templates.

Tim from Red Hat

Great customer service, brand compliant assets

I love getting good looking outputs with no design experience.

Pros

Repeatable assets, clone and go. I don't need any design experience.

Cons

Interface can be a bit clunky. A lot of clicking around.

Nicole from Red Hat

Outfit review

Overall Outfit is great! I just use it *all the time* and it has a huge value for me so I wish it had more functionality

Pros

I can quickly and easily create professional looking, brand-approved ads. I create multiple ads a day so this is great and simple to teach other people to use as well

Cons

The lack of ability to change things such as font color, add additional text fields, amount of color, transparency, etc.

Response from Outfit

Replied November 2018

Thanks Nicole for your review, and your feedback. The templates have been built according to your brand team's guidelines, so we recommend talking to them about font colours, colours and transparency. We will also pass this feedback on to them and work with them on any changes. Thanks for your continued use of the platform, clients like you make our jobs great!

Anjali from Mobiloitte

Best For Publish Your Brand

I used this software for purchasing things. It was good experience for me. I would like to suggest others.

Pros

You can add your brand and if the quality of product is good. Then you don't need to put an extra effort and money for marketing. All you have yo do is register your brand at outfit and your product will be seen by number of Outfit users. They will pick it up and it will increase the value of your product.

Trudi from Monash University Print Servics

Outfit software

Overall, outfit has enabled members of the University (that wouldn't normally be able to create a professional looking/branded document) to provide us with items of a high quality for printing - rather than providing sub-par word documents and powerpoint templates, that don't do the brand justice.

Pros

Extremely handy for putting together quick items with mail merges eg. certificates, name tags etc. Provides a good wide range of options for clients to create whole suites of items with on-brand templates

Cons

Bulk exports prove to be a bit of an issue, and breaking merge items down into small batches can prove to be time consuming. Our clients (as printers) send us incorrect templates that don't include trim/bleed quite regularly, and this is seemingly not a clear option when exporting items.

Response from Outfit

Replied November 2018

Thanks Trudi for your review. I have raised the trim/bleed marks comment with our UI team who will look at changes we can make to this section of the platform to make it easier for users to include bleed and marks where they need to. Thanks for you continued support of the platform.

Neha from Red Hat

Outfit User

Pros

Ease of use, quick and easy job execution

Cons

To be able to add new items in the templates.

Vijay from Monash University

Just Another Honest review

I have mixed feelings about Outfit. Mostly helps in saving time with repetitive tasks like Name Tags. But at times some basics, which you would expect from a product like this, are missing.

Pros

Cons

- Certain basic features are missing for e.g. Unable to transform the alignment of text boxes, unable to include the title of an event if it has a long name etc. - Some templates are difficult to work with and do not offer enough flexibility

Response from Outfit

Replied November 2018

Thanks Vijay for your review, we appreciate it. I have asked your Customer Service Manager to reach out to you to see if the restrictions in the templates e.g. titles of an event length is something specified by the central brand team or if we can make an improvement in this space.

Erin from Monash University

Outfit is easy

Easy but need more options for imagery

Pros

Easy to use new updates all the time add in own images

Cons

templates set up my Monash arent great, and not very flexible for our requirements - internal issue

Miguel from University of Sydney

It does its job

Pros

You don't need to know any graphic design or brand guidelines to create a marketing collateral. Just click and type.

Cons

The interface is not very intuitive. If the template has a few pages, it gets very confusing the navigation.

Response from Outfit

Replied November 2018

Thanks Miguel for your review. I have asked our Customer Success team to reach out to you to find out more about the multi-page template navigation.

September 2016

Ann from QUT Science and Engineering Faculty

September 2016

Support team with genuine connection

As a newish client, adopting Outfit was super easy. Your results are only as good as your template designs, so keep reviewing the purpose and usability of the templates and update regularly. Be clear about your brand as well, so your team of users internally understands how to utilize the templates properly.

Pros

A very supporting team at Outfit makes all the difference to workflows for us. People with some design experience looking for a quick way to share the work load on multiple tasks of similar style really can benefit from Outfit.

Cons

Some of our clients internally experience the templates we had designed for their purposes to be a bit inflexible. So we are working this through. For more complex design jobs, we weren't able to make use of Outfit. Gradually customizing to suit out evolving needs.

Response from Outfit

Replied September 2016

Hi Ann, many thanks for your review! The Outfit templates are, and can be, as flexible as the organisation allows them to be. We are extremely happy that you are sorting these out.

Larissa from Monash University

Not great for me.

The support staff are friendly and helpful but I have not used the program much as I find it is limited. Because I don't use it much, my skills haven't advanced so I'm really not a good one to be completing this survey.

Pros

Not much. I found it difficult to use so have not used it much.

Cons

Too restrictive. Never a template that completely suited my needs. No flexibility. Then challenging getting it signed off.

Response from Outfit

Replied July 2019

Thanks Larissa for your review. I have asked your Customer Success Manager to contact you to see if we can help with the ease of use, and perhaps see if we need to talk to the central team about adding new templates to fit your need.

Julia from Cloudera

Huge time saver to self-serve our creatives!

Pros

Getting creatives for the constant flow of campaigns we're launching was a pain point; our asks were too frequent and too time-sensitive to keep pouring on our creative team. Outfit was definitely a game changer to get things out the door in real-time

Cons

That if you edit one, you can't apply it to all other sizes in your folder. If you have one change to make you have to go through one by one, size by size, and that definitely becomes time consuming

Response from Outfit

Replied July 2019

Hi Julia! Thanks so much for your review. There is a great feature in Outfit that allows you to apply changes to multiple templates which we call the 'Multi edit' feature. We will make sure your Customer Success Manager reaches out to you to explain this feature.

Elizabeth from Monash University

Review by Liz

Staff are exceptionally professional and respond very quickly to all queries.

Pros

Table and layout responsiveness is great Image inter change

Cons

Reviewing and sending back amends back to stokeholds is clunky - one should be able to add corrections directly to the layout as per PDFs Dashboard not user friendly

Response from Outfit

Replied November 2018

Thanks Elizabeth for your review. We are releasing a roadmapped update to the approvals system today to allow approvers to make changes themselves (if they would like) rather than marking up the items and sending it back for changes.

Ann from Monash University Faculty of Arts

Outfit feedback

It's useful for producing on-brand collateral which is helpful in a very large organisation

Pros

It's difficult to stray outside the brand guidelines, which is important from a marketing perspective.

Cons

It's clunky to use and not very intuitive.

Response from Outfit

Replied July 2019

Hi Ann! Thank you for taking the time to review Outfit. We really appreciate your feedback. We're always improving our platform and we would love to hear more about what you would like to improve in the platform. We will have our product team reach out to you. Thanks again.

Lenka from Red Hat

Good tool for simple graphics

For the simple graphics, banners and so on, it is ok. You need to learn how to do it, as it is not really intuitive, but as I said at the beginning - it is a great tool for people who don't have designing experience and want to create simple graphic.

Pros

It is great for people who don't know how to use design software to create their graphics. I like that there are brand standards applied and you don't need to think about it.

Cons

It is not flexible. I can't change for example colour of one word if i need to emphesize something in the sentence. There are themes and you can't change it. It would be great if I can have for example two boxes next to each other where each of them have separate content. It would be great if we can add picture in the design.

Response from Outfit

Replied November 2018

Thanks Lenka for your review. The restrictions you mention below have been specifically requested by your central brand team to control the brand usage. We recommend talking to them directly about any changes you would like, and they may be able to accommodate them in any template changes.

Outfit for newsletters

More efficiency and more control.

Pros

I like that: - Outfit is flexible enough that I can reorder, delete, and add sections as needed. - I can see a preview of my newsletter and send the preview link to others to review. - It's easy to export and download my docs. - Saving a doc no longer closes it (nice feature update!).

Cons

I wish Outfit: - Included a better way to track text changes within documents so others could easily see changes -- a similar experience to tracking changes within a Word or Google doc. Comparing through revision history is not efficient. - Would auto-save docs.

Response from Outfit

Replied July 2019

Thanks for your review! Your feedback on the revision history feature is extremely helpful. Outfit does auto-save changes to documents while you are in the editing window, so you won't lose any changes made.

Kasey from Red Hat

Outfit Review

It's been alright. I like the concept of Outfit, but I think there is a lot of things Outfit could improve on such as flexibility with ad creation that would help the platform succeed.

Pros

I like the ability to create my own banner ads.

Cons

I feel as if there are a lot of restrictions on Outfit with banner size and font sizes. The spacing is awkward at times and does not allow me to place the titles where I would like them. I wish there was more freedom on title placement instead of the given lines that Outfit has locked in.

Response from Outfit

Replied November 2018

Hi Kasey. Thanks for your review. It sounds like a lot of the restrictions you describe may actually be part of the prescribed and approved templates and perhaps we can assist by making a request on your behalf to the central team for more templates that may suit you? Please reach out to me if we can help with this.

Great tool for consistency in branding

Outfit is a tool that for the most part will give you what you put into it. We often have frustrations with it, but they are mostly around the restrictions of our own templates that have been built for our large organisation, and so don't always have the flexibility we would like. I feel this is more of an organisational issue though rather than a flaw in the program itself.

Pros

The ability to share projects with colleagues and upload your own images for use within templates is excellent.

Cons

It can be hard to find projects if you have a lot of them. It would be great to have a filtering tool beyond the standard search function.

Response from Outfit

Replied November 2018

Thank you very much for your review, and your suggestion about filtering. I can confirm this is on our roadmap, and I will update when it has been launched.

Good idea - still needs work

Okay, but can be a little frustrating

Pros

Templates are very simple - Good for basic use in creating flyers, postcards etc

Cons

Templates are too rigid. You can slightly move things around so some design tasks won't in the provided templates

Response from Outfit

Replied November 2018

Thanks for your review. We recommend reaching out to your central brand team who have specified the template specifics, or speak with your Customer Success Manager and we can take your suggestions to the central team to see if they will approve amendments to the templates to relax the brand guidelines.

Olivia from Monash University

Great tool!

Pros

It's relatively easy to use and ensures brand consistency across the entire institution.

Cons

Sometimes, when adding too many restrictions to a template (to ensure it's on brand), it becomes less user-friendly. It's a balance between keeping things on brand and ensuring it works for the user.

Natalie from Monash University

A good solution to relying on Marketing

Generally good, except for a few frustrations around locked templates, and a lack of general images and templates being uploaded to our system. Overall a strong alternative to traditional marketing design.

Pros

It allows me to complete simple tasks like flyers, posters, invitations without the annoying turnaround times for our internal marketing team It is easy to use and makes sense

Cons

the rigidity of the templates is frustrating. Anything that is slightly different requires a full marketing brief. EG I recently needed a postcard. The template was great but I wanted to remove 1 element of text. As this wasn't possible I had to send this to marketing and ended up with 2 weeks minimum turnaround. The ability to edit templates and send to reviewer for approval would make life a lot easier.

Shahd from Red Hat

Outfit review

Good overall I’ll continue to use.

Pros

Convenient when I have ad hoc requests. Most of the time I’m creating similar requests and I can just duplicate past projects.

Cons

There are restrictions on what I can and can’t do for simple modifications

Natalie from Monash University

My outfit experience

Outfit is a great program for accessing and designing marketing material. The customer service is amazing!

Pros

Outfit is really easy to use and enables us to create what we need without going through the usual channels that can take a really long time.

Cons

It wasn't an issue with the software, but with our own marketing team and the restrictiveness of some of the templates (which makes sense because it's all about consistent branding)

Amber from Red Hat

Needs more features/options

Pros

Ease of use is huge. There's no training needed, just play around with the different options and you're good to go.

Cons

The options of customizing are limited. Graphic options are satisfactory

Great tool, many features but you need to learn

Pros

Many features and collaborations. Great to work within either small group or large group.

Cons

I'm not a heavy user so far and I feel I cannot use some features. I think youtube tutorial video would help for newbies.

Alison from Monash University

Inflexability issues

I like being able to create a suite of supporting materials for a program that look professional (so long as I use the offered templates).

Pros

I love the quality of what templates we have... BUT!!

Cons

But.... the one-size fits all is not practical and there are often times when I need something a bit different to an offered template, and I am unable (in our organisation) to edit a template. This is a bit like the tail wagging the dog, it is frustrating.

Response from Outfit

Replied November 2018

Thanks Alison for your review. The templates available are the ones requested and approved through the central team, but we would be happy to facilitate a request for additional templates for you and pass on to them if you would like. I have asked your Customer Success Manager to reach out to chat to you about this.

Landen from Red Hat

Outfit

Pros

Being able to create post cards quickly.

Cons

Not able to completely customize HTMLs and other templates. Spacing/margins tend to look off. Primarily only use this tool for post cards because that is the only thing I can create easily and have it look nice.

Response from Outfit

Replied November 2018

Thanks Landen for your review. I have asked your Customer Success Manager to get in contact to talk about the margins and spacing. The customisation abilities have been set and agreed to by the central brand team, but we can chat to them on your behalf if you like to expand the customisation if they are agreed?

Nihan from EF

Outfit

Pros

What I like most about this software is I can quickly and easily create professional looking, I create multiple ads a day so this is great and simple to teach other people to use as well

Cons

What I like least about this software Interface can be a bit clunky.

Tiera from Information technology and services

Great for small projects

We use Outfit to create digital and printed marketing materials. It is very useful for small, simple projects and does save a considerable amount of time and money.

Pros

I like that I can quickly create digital and printable assets without having to wait for an internal team

Cons

Some of the templates are buggy or don't come in the sizes that I need them to be in.

Response from Outfit

Replied November 2018

Thanks for your review Tiera. I have asked your Customer Success Manager to reach out to you to talk about the buggy templates so we can investigate.

Rupal from Monash College

Great for a quick turnaround

Above average. I have created a few things on it and have used those extensively.

Pros

Quick Templatised I like there aren't too many options to muck around with. You use what you got as it is part of an approved template

Cons

The program slows my computer everytime I use it and sometimes knock it so I restart I believe you can't download a draft Customer service is slightly slow

Response from Outfit

Replied July 2019

Thanks Rupal for your feedback. I have asked Bek to reach out to you about the system slowing your computer down to see if we can replicate the issue. We also have a draft export feature but it depends on on the setup of your account, as this is an Admin setting. Thanks for your support of Outfit!

Great concept, not working in our application

Pros

Creating PDFs, in multiple formats and mediums, without professional designers is a great concept.

Cons

While the concept is great, we haven't succeeded in creating more than a handful of PDFs in over a year using the software. It's still faster and easier to use InDesign because of a slow, clunky user interface, bugs in the templates, and problems integrating with our website.

Response from Outfit

Replied November 2018

Thanks for your review. I would love to ask your Customer Success Manager to chat with you to find out more about the bugs and problems you mention. If you could email me directly, I will arrange that so we can fix any issues in the platform for you.

Nick from Education

Research Institutes

Requests for powerpoint templates or hubscreen templates can now be facilitated through outfit, rather than a marketing brief process with an account manager and then creative manager.

Pros

The ability for users to create there own creative assets.

Cons

Not being able to apply a colour tint over the graphic, which is part of the brand standards for the research institutes. As it stands, all jobs still need to go to designers to apply the tint to the graphic.

Response from Outfit

Replied November 2018

Thanks Nick for your review. I have asked your Customer Success Manager to reach out to you to chat about the colour tint - we can make this change to the approved template if needed.

Easy to Use

Pros

The fact that is easy to use, different options and features to make your webpage look just the way you want.

Cons

Sometimes it can get a bit overwhelming with so many projects and connected links to find the right page.

Caoimhe from Monash University

Efficiency at your fingertips.

Pros

The ability to create and develop your own assets without the need to brief or submit requests. The time and money savings; we don't have to pay designers for small or basic design jobs and we work more efficiently because we're not waiting around for proofs. Colleagues are empowered to work independently. Our marketing collateral is more cohesive, consistent and most importantly on-brand.

Cons

The time and cost it takes to get new templates developed.

Empowering our staff with Outfit

Pros

I like that it is so easy for anyone to create on-brand documents and files.

Cons

I usually need to resize images before inserting in Outfit.

Adrienne from Monash University

Industry: Executive Office

Outfit Review

Pros

It is very easy to use with the different templates

Cons

Some templates are limited and you can't add more/less photos or text.

Outfit Review

Pros

Convenience and easy to use templates for plug and play on quick turnaround deliverables

Cons

Limited on the ability to put images in or additional logos and control where they are placed.

Response from Outfit

Replied November 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We understand sometimes users want the templates to do different things than have been specified by your brand team, we get that! Feel free to reach out to your brand team to discuss any changes you would like made and they will work with us on these changes. Thanks for your loyalty to Outfit.

Rachel from Monash University

Quick creation of marketing materials

Pros

I love that this software enables me to produce on-brand marketing materials quickly, without submitting a brief or having waiting times to get stuff produced elsewhere.

Cons

It can be quite restrictive, re limits on words for titles and text in certain templates.

Love Hate With Outfit

Overall I enjoy using it despite the cons.

Pros

I love the quality of assets Outfit is able to produce. It saves our team money and time.

Cons

It's not that easy to use or intuitive. When I create a new project, I'm always worried that I'm editing someone else's work, for example.

Good potential, but UX could be slicker & faster

It's helped speed up a number of workflows, but not as much as I'd have liked!

Pros

Relatively straightforward to use, does the job as far as I'm concerned.

Cons

The UX is a bit confusing in places and the overall platform can be slow to load. I'd expect it to be snappier.

Great ideas, slightly confusing execution

I find it slightly difficult to navigate - whatever I've used, I am comfortable with. But otherwise, I would appreciate a tutorial or searchable help database....are they there already?

Pros

How I can put together professional posts without a designer

Cons

The lack of flexibility in terms of layouts, the restriction of fonts.

Response from Outfit

Replied November 2018

Thanks for your review. Would you mind reaching out to me please so we can put you in contact with Customer Support to provide tutorials and training?

Outfit

Fairly good - our branding looks great on posters and collateral throughout the business.

Pros

Templates ready to go, ease of editing, staff support is instant.

Cons

I do find the templates are a little bit restrictive, hard to find specific projects in some cases.

Jacqueline from Monash College

Outfit functionality

I've been quite happy using this software so far.

Pros

I like the ease at which I can edit various templates. It's a very intuitive software.

Cons

The inability to customise templates at will - I require more flexbility with customisation.

Response from Outfit

Replied November 2018

Thanks Jacqueline. I have asked your Customer Success Manager to reach out to you because we might be able to work with the central team to build out new templates based on your needs in Work Integrated Learning.

James from Monash University

User friendly but with limitations

Pros

The templates are striking and the platform is mostly easy to use. I do like the fact that you can place tight parameters for users.

Cons

Difficult for individual users to customise by uploading their own images

Response from Outfit

Replied November 2018

Thanks James for your feedback. I have reached out to your Customer Success Manager on the difficulty you are having with images. They will be in contact to see what we can do about this for you. Thank you for your review.

Prakriti from Red Hat

Good tool, I'm new to it so don't know a lot

I'm using it mostly to create document headers for customer-facing docs. It's a cool tool, but I'm still figuring it out

Pros

I'm still learning how to use it, but I like the options and building graphics.

Cons

Sometimes it's very slow to export. Also, I'm not sure who to reach out to to get training on using this tool

Response from Outfit

Replied November 2018

Thanks Prakriti for your review. I have asked your Customer Success Manager to get in touch with you directly about training.

Vanessa from Faculty of Arts, Monash University

Marketing materials made easy

Pros

I like the intuitiveness of this product, the suggestions of what one may require for a particular event are all included for you to use or not use. The suggested font size of various headings is also very good

Cons

when inserting photos, it is not easy to manipulate or crop the photo it is also challenging to manipulate a large amount of text

Cloudera's Outfit

Good. I enjoy being able to whip something up quickly.

Pros

Vastly cuts down on wasted hours and cycles when building creative for demand generation campaigns. Also allows the campaign and demand generation marketers to have more creative say.

Cons

Requesting approval for projects is a pain as you have to do each document individually.

Lauren from University of Adelaide

Outfit makes it easy

We can now create documents ourselves that we'd usually have to outsource.

Pros

The ability to create a wide range of simple and striking creative really quickly.

Outfit review

Pros

Easy to use; possibility to store the templates; connected to the images library; .html export of vcreated emails for further use.

Cons

Some assets are missing - but this is not a fault of software but of our colleagues responsible for the corporate using :) So no problems with the software for me!