Planable Software Reviews

Planable Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"Client integration is great. The approval process and scheduling process is exceptional."
  • icon"Love the ability to create social posts and share with clients for approval where they can see exactly what the post will look like."
  • icon"Easy to use collaboration tool for small to medium sized teams that need to work quickly and efficiently."
  • icon"I got stuck trying to use it for instagram and i dont know if it has others options fo other apps."
  • icon"At first I found it a bit difficult to post on instagram with planable as I thought it would post automatically to IG."
  • icon"The fact that you can not create Instagram post through the program is a bummer; which makes it useless to even have Instagram included."

All Planable Reviews

Fraser

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Great and easy to use social media scheduler

Adam

A decent software for social media post scheduling

Overall a very positive experience, great software for those who manage multiple social media accounts and want to save time. But rather on a pricey side of programs that I'm using.

Pros

It is a great time saver, you can use Planable to schedule the posts on your social media, you just have to connect them and you're ready to go. I'm posting exclusively from Planable cause it is really convenient and quick. I am able to create a post and share it on all my social media, instead of having to open each and every one. It also allows me to plan my posting schedule way ahead, even months from now, which is a great function.

Cons

Sometimes it might be tricky to edit the content just as you envisioned it since some options are quite basic and rudimentary. The software is more suitable for quick posts, rather than long posts. Furthermore, I've encountered some problems with video uploading, sometimes it would just not go through and I would have to upload it again. Furthermore, if you try to schedule the same post on multiple social media accounts, and then edit it before it goes live, there might be some issues with it (post being edited on one page, not on the other).

Reasons for switching to Planable

It was easier to post and manage to different pages

Mandy

Easy to Use + My Clients Love it Too

Overall, I love using Planable and find that it saves me a lot of time. It's so easy to use, and as my agency expands I will love it even more when I have a team to work with.

Pros

It's easy to set up, easy to use, but my favorite feature of Planable is how easy it is for my clients to approve posts. And I have to say that I also love how well the phone app works.

Cons

For me, the downside is the lack of analytics which I have had with other publishing softwares, without additional cost. The price is similar, but with less features. I also wish there was a feature with which I could connect a Google Drive that already contain media rather than having to upload separately.

Reasons for choosing Planable

Because it was recommended in the FISDM Facebook group and after trying it, I loved it.

Reasons for switching to Planable

The price of Later went up significantly in recent months and I had been looking for a new solution. Neither Later or Planoly have a good system for clients to approve posts. I am moving some of my clients from Traject who don't require as much on the analytics side, but keeping those that do on that platform.

Response from Planable

Hey Mandy, Appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other interested users. At the moment, we're focusing on the collaboration aspect of social media, and are looking into expanding into more platforms and formats for teams work ok together. That's why, for the moment, we're not looking into developing any analytics features. An integration with Google Drive, is definitely something we're considering for the future.

Ale

Industry: Newspapers

Amazing tool for content planning

Amazing tool for planining and aprobe fresh content. We use it on facebook group!!

Pros

Planeable is a really good tool for planing the content for social media. We love the workspace, and team collaboration. Its amazing if you need 2 steps process, creation and aprobe This is really usefull for agency or big publishers who need to post new freash daily content. At the moment we use in our magazine for facebook groups, so we schedule questions, and create daily engagement topics I really like the calendar view and the feedview. Love the drag and drop feature!! Amazing! Interface is really fast!! (super important) They support linkedin and instagram! Also they work really fast adding new features to improve the product, so im really glad about that.

Cons

Lets be trully honest, they need to step up there game, because there is too many social tools. They first problem they have is not every content you publish is new, so you need to have a evergreen content for filling. Or sometime you need to republish post because they work. The good news i think they are working on something like that Also i think, they can make a difference if they offer media library, or a way to have all your post so you can complete your calendar without adding the content again My biggest cons are 2 - No bulk import or CSV import (so if you wanna import excell) -They not support facebook stories and instagram stories. (also most of the tool dont supported yet) They can make a huge difference because there is where you need to post daily new fresh content and Stories is the most working "feature" on social media now.

Dr Andrea L

Excellent Content Management Tool for the Solopreneur

Pros

I really appreciate that the dashboard has the look and feel of the social media site I'll be posting to, making it easy to format my posts appropriately for each channel. It's also super easy to manage all the content and to schedule it.

Cons

I would appreciate if I could toggle between 24hr time format and 12hr time format.

Oswaldo

Great Tool, Still room to grow.

Exclent interface, easy to deploy, Excelent iOS app that brings the flexibility to us as agency and to our clients to communicate or approve future post.

Pros

The great implementation of scheduling post on social media channels, the great look and feel, and the app is well build. Great tool overall

Cons

One of the things that keep me for paying for planable at first when I use the trial is the lack of a report tool and not able to post to Google Business, this are the features that we need, I know that planable has been focusing on great schedule, aproval and publishing, but having the same level of report and adding Google busines would be great for us as clients. Also not able to have some small tools to repost some publication not just one time.

Reasons for choosing Planable

The great experience to work schedule posts, the easy way to communicate, the great handle of files, great experience with the mobile app. We really need a tool that can help us with report and also that gives us the oportunity to post to Google Business, we hope that you can implement soon this options. Google business would be great to have it first.

Reasons for switching to Planable

CS had a problem with their iOS App, it didn't show any post scheduled and it appear to us that it was not in their radar until we sent the email asking for the problem. We choose CS over planable that moment because they have report and we can publish to Google Business.

A premium service, but well worth the cost!

It's a huge time saver for posting. Much easier to write out copy and go make editing updates before they go live. And the user interface is so much more visual, cleaner and simpler than any other software platforms I've used for this before. There are a ton of options how to view your feed ahead of time. I also love the comment feature with colleagues - although I personally don't have a use for it, it's great to know I've got it. I had to reach out to support twice and both times they were beyond helpful and responsive.

Pros

I love the UI of viewing the platforms in grid, feed or calendar. It makes it SO easy to visualize your feed a few weeks at a time and the software is very intuitive and user-friendly.

Cons

I would love if it was easier to add and drop different platforms after they've been scheduled. Versus having to repost or compose again. For instance, if you posted to LinkedIn and Instagram and wanted to go in later and add Facebook, it would be great to hit a plus button and be done with it! I had to unlink and re-link our FB account to Plannable due to a FB page error and I lost all of the 20-30 pre-planned FB posts, it wasn't so easy to get them back without re-work.

Reasons for choosing Planable

The ease of use of Plannable, the visual layout, and all the options that make life easier. Plannable is a higher cost as we live in Canada and the exchange rate adds approx $20-25 to every bill. But its been worth the rate so far.

MICHAEL

Industry: Broadcast Media

Great Visual Look When Planning Out Content; Stinks with IG Scheduling

It was really great until the Instagram snag. So many other social media schedulers are offering IG scheduling that Planable seems a little disappointing now, even though I really like their interface and visual components.

Pros

I really love the visual look of this software compared to Buffer or Hootsuite. When you plan out your SM content, it takes you to a page that looks like your social media profiles complete with a cover photo. You can also add team members to your account and even allow your clients (if you have clients) to overlook the scheduled posts before they're published with limited account access.

Cons

The Instagram scheduling hands down. They now have a feature that you can connect a Buffer account to your Planable to post to your IG feed that way (can we say cumbersome?), but I've ran into too many issues with this...plus, you're limited to only several accounts...Unless you want to pay Buffer for an upgrade and then, what's the point of paying for Planable? If you publish to a number of IG accounts, this is a huge drawback. Not to mention, even the limit I was stuck with had problems with scheduling. I've since had to go elsewhere for scheduling to IG.

Reasons for choosing Planable

I'm actually using Social Champ a little more now. Their interface isn't quite as nice, but they are awesome with IG scheduling and even Pinterest scheduling--a HUGE score for us! If Planable does better with these options, I'll start using them again.

Pricing

Response from Planable

Hey Michael, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We've implemented Instagram direct publishing earlier this year, in January, and you can now publish the same posts you would through Buffer directly through Planable. As long as you have an Instagram Business account linked to a Facebook page, you can easily "authorize" any Instagram page you previously connected in Planable and you'll be able to directly publish posts. You can read more about this here: https://help.planable.io/en/articles/4842200-instagram-publishing Please reach out to us in the chat in the app or at hello@planable.io if you need any assistance setting things up. As for Pinterest, it's definitely one of the platforms we're considering adding some time in the future.

Replied July 2021

Kate

BYNK Planable Review

Overall Planable has definitely streamlined our approval process with clients. It is very easy to use, however, it is expensive considering that it doesn't have strong posting capabilities and there are glitches in how we view/post.

Pros

I love this software for its team collaboration capabilities. We manage social for clients and this makes it extremely easy to get feedback and edits on posts. It is very straight forward to use and we love that there are multiple ways to view your feed, especially flipping between calendar and grid!

Cons

There are a few key areas I think could definitely be improved. 1. The posting capabilities of Planable are very limited. With our previous app, we were able to schedule images, videos and carousels to go up automatically. We did have to manually set up reels, but the notification system worked well, where as with Planable, there have been occasions that we did not receive a notification and our post failed to go up(for carousels and reels) and sometimes even regular images that are not 1x1 format are sent through push notification rather than automatically posted. 2. I also think it would be great to be able to upload multi slide stories (similar to how you show a carousel). We are unable to add stories for approval through Planable because since you can only upload one slide at a time, we can't ensure it is in the right order. 3. Lastly, we have had some viewing issues when using Planable. For some reason, when using Chrome, our grid view is out of order, with Safari it is fine. Also through the mobile app, it reverses the order so new posts in grid view appear at the top, rather than following from the bottom.

Reasons for switching to Planable

We made the switch due to the team collaboration opportunities Planable offers. We do prefer the posting capabilities of Sked.

Response from Planable

Hey Kate! Appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other interested users. We're always looking to improve the overall experience in Planable, for example, the way to create and plan stories. All the while keeping our focus on making social media collaboration as easy and seamless as possible. Regarding the grid view, that can easily be set from the "Filter & Sort" option. Checking "Last Scheduled" will arrange them in the same way as they appear on Instagram.

Christina

Industry: Wholesale

Planable Review

I've loved it! Right from the get go it was easy to set up a workspace and cater it to my liking. I also love the different feed viewing options.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use for me and my team! It's incredibly user friendly and I love being able to see what the final post will look like and it's easy for my bosses to review and give feedback/approve quickly. I've tried other planning programs and this one by far is the best.

Cons

Sometimes the tagging feature for LinkedIn doesn't work well. I will tag a company but when I see the post on LinkedIn, either it didn't link properly or it linked to a completely random company. Also there is no analytics feature, but for me it's not a huge dealbreaker as I can get the analytics directly on the social media apps. Hopefully this is something you'll consider adding to plans in the future.

Reasons for choosing Planable

Planables price point was better for what I needed. Also way easier to use.

Response from Planable

Hey Christina, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. One suggestion we have for LinkedIn tagging is to use the page's handle just as it's shown in their page's URL. Usually, you'll notice it's the name of the page with "-" between words. As for analytics, at the moment we're focused on the collaboration aspect of social media management. We want to expand into more platforms and formats and help teams easily review and collaborate on different types of content. So, for now, analytics isn't a feature we're focusing on. If you ever have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out in our chat or at hello@planable.io

Waseem

My clients love it

Account manager support was vital in ensuring a smooth experience and has been a pleasure. The cost is far outweighed by the ease of use and functionality that it brings to both company users and clients.

Pros

Workspaces have no limit on social media accounts connected to them. Allowing for true flexibility when handling client accounts.

Cons

Currently limited in social media platforms. The addition of Pinterest is definitely needed.

Reasons for choosing Planable

For client flexibility and user account flexibility. Easy overview for all parties involved. Clients loved the workspace

Reasons for switching to Planable

Poor technical service and limited functionality

November 2022

Planable make social media better

Pros

Planable make social media better for our organization.

Cons

There are no cons to using Planable so far.

Masego

July 2022

Planable Review

My overall experience was great, I loved the platform

Pros

Beautiful platform, easy to use one of the best products

Cons

I could not post to Instagram without linking your Facebook page, almost all platforms have this issue

Reasons for switching to Planable

Had issues with social media accounts linking

Maudy

Great Platform

I have a great impression of Planable. I really like the layout and the working flow and the approval feature. In the future, maybe Planable can add the re-order feature.

Pros

The collaboration feature where we can set approval for the plan. Nice layout and interface.

Cons

Sometimes it's slow. Also, can't re-arrange the post order regarding its schedule.

Reasons for choosing Planable

The most suitable platform for my workflow, a good investment.

Response from Planable

Hey Maudy, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I recommend using the "Filter & Sort" option to sort posts the way you prefer. You can choose "First Scheduled" or "Last Scheduled", as well as select a specific period of time if you need to. If you ever have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out in our chat or at hello@planable.io

Andrei

We loved it, and our clients loved using it!

Much simpler creation, editing and approval process for social media content. Clear way to see how the post will look on the target social network. Easy way for client to offer feedback so you have more time for other work.

Pros

Planable is the first social media management system that flawlessly streamlines the creation, editing and approval process from the creative agency to the client & then to the public. When you manage several brands, each with a presence in several networks, keeping everything up to date can be a daily struggle. What did I forget? Did we get approval on that post we need today? Did we have any feedback we did not include? Planable turned this "juggling of too many balls" turned into a simple process. The intuitive interface and the fact that posts look exactly like they will on the target social network makes it easy for us to create content and for clients to offer feedback through comments and approve. All in one place, with a few clicks, in an easy-to-understand process. The most surprising bit? I've actually had a client call me to ask "hey, why aren't we using Planable anymore?", after getting a proposal by email from a colleague. It was the first time *ever* I saw a client being invested in a system - showing it works great from their end, too. Other PROs: - Very quick and reliable support. - Rapid development, with new features added all the time (just in the last months, we got the option to use Planable for personal profiles, Wordpress soon), and the public roadmap where users' suggestions are prioritised is a great idea. - The "calendar view" - showing one or multiple managed accounts - is an excellent tool for a "birds-eye view" at any given moment.

Cons

Planable is NOT for you if you're looking for a solution for analytics and reports. This is a product that helps you create, approve and publish, rather than measure, analyse or report.

Leslie W

Helpful platform that I trust will keep getting better

Pros

Planable gives us the ability to collaborate on social media posts in real-time in a visual format that is a very close approximation of what the published posts will look like all at a price point that works for our homegrown team. As a PR professional, I manage social media accounts for multiple clients, each with a presence in multiple social media channels. Planable makes it easy to manage work spaces and collaborators for my full client roster. On top of that, Planable's real-time customer support, powered by Intercom, has been truly excellent. My questions are always answered quickly, and I feel like my feature requests and feedback are actually heard by the people that matter instead of lost in a vacuum, as happens with so many other companies. Planable adds new features all the time, so the experience just keeps getting better and better. I fully trust that the value this product brings to my team will continue to grow.

Cons

Planable is a young product, so it's not flawless. The good news is that the Planable team is always pushing out updates to fix bugs and add features. My minor quibbles as of today are as follows: 1) Overall, the web-based UI is pretty stable, but it has been known to hang from time to time, requiring not just a reload of the browser window, but a full browser restart. 2) The visual mock-ups of each social post are close to the real-thing, but they are not perfect. For example, we try very hard to keep LinkedIn posts to three lines of copy so they don't get truncated with a "...Read More" link. I can use Planable as a general guide, but the text in the mocked-up post doesn't wrap at EXACTLY the same points as the real-life post on LinkedIn. 3) Planable supports more than social media drafting and approving it also lets users schedule posts for automated publishing, which is AWESOME, especially for Twitter and Facebook. However, at this time, I don't feel comfortable using automated posting for LinkedIn because Planable doesn't support "mentions" of LinkedIn companies and profiles. So I use Planable to draft and approve LinkedIn posts, but then I post them manually on the LinkedIn website. [In all fairness, this is not a Planable shortcoming per se, but rather a function of LinkedIn's API not providing the information third-parties need to live-link mentions. However, I've heard of at least one competitor that claims to have this capability...]

Heather