All Planable Reviews

Fraser

Marketing and Advertising, 2 - 10 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed October 2021

Great and easy to use social media scheduler

Andrei

Reviewed March 2018

We loved it, and our clients loved using it!

Much simpler creation, editing and approval process for social media content. Clear way to see how the post will look on the target social network. Easy way for client to offer feedback so you have more time for other work.

PROS

Planable is the first social media management system that flawlessly streamlines the creation, editing and approval process from the creative agency to the client & then to the public. When you manage several brands, each with a presence in several networks, keeping everything up to date can be a daily struggle. What did I forget? Did we get approval on that post we need today? Did we have any feedback we did not include? Planable turned this "juggling of too many balls" turned into a simple process. The intuitive interface and the fact that posts look exactly like they will on the target social network makes it easy for us to create content and for clients to offer feedback through comments and approve. All in one place, with a few clicks, in an easy-to-understand process. The most surprising bit? I've actually had a client call me to ask "hey, why aren't we using Planable anymore?", after getting a proposal by email from a colleague. It was the first time *ever* I saw a client being invested in a system - showing it works great from their end, too. Other PROs: - Very quick and reliable support. - Rapid development, with new features added all the time (just in the last months, we got the option to use Planable for personal profiles, Wordpress soon), and the public roadmap where users' suggestions are prioritised is a great idea. - The "calendar view" - showing one or multiple managed accounts - is an excellent tool for a "birds-eye view" at any given moment.

CONS

Planable is NOT for you if you're looking for a solution for analytics and reports. This is a product that helps you create, approve and publish, rather than measure, analyse or report.

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed January 2021

A premium service, but well worth the cost!

It's a huge time saver for posting. Much easier to write out copy and go make editing updates before they go live. And the user interface is so much more visual, cleaner and simpler than any other software platforms I've used for this before. There are a ton of options how to view your feed ahead of time. I also love the comment feature with colleagues - although I personally don't have a use for it, it's great to know I've got it. I had to reach out to support twice and both times they were beyond helpful and responsive.

PROS

I love the UI of viewing the platforms in grid, feed or calendar. It makes it SO easy to visualize your feed a few weeks at a time and the software is very intuitive and user-friendly.

CONS

I would love if it was easier to add and drop different platforms after they've been scheduled. Versus having to repost or compose again. For instance, if you posted to LinkedIn and Instagram and wanted to go in later and add Facebook, it would be great to hit a plus button and be done with it! I had to unlink and re-link our FB account to Plannable due to a FB page error and I lost all of the 20-30 pre-planned FB posts, it wasn't so easy to get them back without re-work.

Reason for choosing Planable

The ease of use of Plannable, the visual layout, and all the options that make life easier. Plannable is a higher cost as we live in Canada and the exchange rate adds approx $20-25 to every bill. But its been worth the rate so far.

Reasons for switching to Planable

Mohamed

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed March 2018

Great look and feel but still needs a lot of features

PROS

I would say what I liked the most about Planable was the look and feel as well as the ease of use. No other tool matches Planable in how slick, organized and aesthetically-pleasing it is. Giving and receiving comments couldn't be easier, and you can clearly see the feedback given on every post. I also liked how the platforms are separated by tabs in order not to confuse things up and also to keep the posts organized. Their customer care team is very helpful and highly responsive, which is something you always need when subscribing to a tool.

CONS

Even though it's great in terms of look and feel and organization, the same can't be said about the features. Especially because Planable carry a similar price tag of other tools which have a lot more features. Calendar view, asset library, a space for ideas and an app are among the many features that the tool needs to have before asking users for that price. However, the team seems to be open to ideas and they also want to apply all the features that could help the users more in the near future so I'll say that I'll definitely be considering Planable again once these features are there.

Christina

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Planable Review

I've loved it! Right from the get go it was easy to set up a workspace and cater it to my liking. I also love the different feed viewing options.

PROS

I love how easy it is to use for me and my team! It's incredibly user friendly and I love being able to see what the final post will look like and it's easy for my bosses to review and give feedback/approve quickly. I've tried other planning programs and this one by far is the best.

CONS

Sometimes the tagging feature for LinkedIn doesn't work well. I will tag a company but when I see the post on LinkedIn, either it didn't link properly or it linked to a completely random company. Also there is no analytics feature, but for me it's not a huge dealbreaker as I can get the analytics directly on the social media apps. Hopefully this is something you'll consider adding to plans in the future.

Reason for choosing Planable

Planables price point was better for what I needed. Also way easier to use.

Hey Christina, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. One suggestion we have for LinkedIn tagging is to use the page's handle just as it's shown in their page's URL. Usually, you'll notice it's the name of the page with "-" between words. As for analytics, at the moment we're focused on the collaboration aspect of social media management. We want to expand into more platforms and formats and help teams easily review and collaborate on different types of content. So, for now, analytics isn't a feature we're focusing on. If you ever have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out in our chat or at hello@planable.io

Heather

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Exactly what we needed to manage our social content

Our nonprofit offers a wide array of programs and services. The best person to highlight each program is the person who knows it in-and-out, and that's the program coordinator. In our case, these individuals aren't in marketing, branding, or social media. Using this tool allows our program coordinators to submit content for our social media pages, while allowing us - the marketing team - to review and approve the content (or suggest changes), making sure that content is always on-brand, appropriate, and uses the correct tone and voice. Planabe has really upgraded our workflow, which used to be a submission spreadsheet and drive folder for media, and make it more efficient and easy.

PROS

Easy-to-use interface Resembles social platforms Organized Excellent customer service

CONS

Doesn't publish directly to Instagram App has limited functionality

Reason for choosing Planable

The other products that we researched were either too robust (read: too expensive, bundled with services we weren't interested in), or didn't offer the approval process. The thing we needed most to solve the problem at hand was an easy to use software with a submission and approval process for various social media platforms.

Kendra &

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Great for managing feedback and approvals.

PROS

We love Planable for its ability to share content with the client, get approvals that are communicated clearly and make comments internally and for the client. Communication is a big part of social media management and this helps us in our feedback and approval processes!

CONS

Nothing is an issue so far. This has helped our process a lot.

Reason for choosing Planable

The client access feature was unique and greatly needed for our business.

Reasons for switching to Planable

Hootsuite didn't have the commentary and client sharing capabilities. It was easier to use for 1 person but we need multiple people involved in our social media management.

Hey Kendra, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out in our chat or at hello@planable.io

Hannah

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Still Trying to Decide if It's Worth the Money

It's efficient and it has helped a lot, but I can't help feeling a bit taken advantage of as a small biz person... the pricing is insane.

PROS

My favorite feature is being able to collaborate with clients. They get to see what posts would look like, make comments, and approve them. That part rocks. Also really love the drag and drop function and being able to toggle back and forth to different views.

CONS

It's way too expensive. I'm basically a freelancer/just starting out with my own clients, so I needed the plan that would allow me to have something like 3 different workspaces....and it cost me almost $1k for the year. If you're going to charge me that much, at least include features like analytics data and let me schedule directly to instagram instead of having to use zapier...

Reason for choosing Planable

Later didn't allow me to collaborate with my clients in real time, and loomly is okay but its UX is clunkier and not as smooth. It's cheaper though...

Leslie W

Reviewed March 2018

Helpful platform that I trust will keep getting better

PROS

Planable gives us the ability to collaborate on social media posts in real-time in a visual format that is a very close approximation of what the published posts will look like all at a price point that works for our homegrown team. As a PR professional, I manage social media accounts for multiple clients, each with a presence in multiple social media channels. Planable makes it easy to manage work spaces and collaborators for my full client roster. On top of that, Planable's real-time customer support, powered by Intercom, has been truly excellent. My questions are always answered quickly, and I feel like my feature requests and feedback are actually heard by the people that matter instead of lost in a vacuum, as happens with so many other companies. Planable adds new features all the time, so the experience just keeps getting better and better. I fully trust that the value this product brings to my team will continue to grow.

CONS

Planable is a young product, so it's not flawless. The good news is that the Planable team is always pushing out updates to fix bugs and add features. My minor quibbles as of today are as follows: 1) Overall, the web-based UI is pretty stable, but it has been known to hang from time to time, requiring not just a reload of the browser window, but a full browser restart. 2) The visual mock-ups of each social post are close to the real-thing, but they are not perfect. For example, we try very hard to keep LinkedIn posts to three lines of copy so they don't get truncated with a "...Read More" link. I can use Planable as a general guide, but the text in the mocked-up post doesn't wrap at EXACTLY the same points as the real-life post on LinkedIn. 3) Planable supports more than social media drafting and approving it also lets users schedule posts for automated publishing, which is AWESOME, especially for Twitter and Facebook. However, at this time, I don't feel comfortable using automated posting for LinkedIn because Planable doesn't support "mentions" of LinkedIn companies and profiles. So I use Planable to draft and approve LinkedIn posts, but then I post them manually on the LinkedIn website. [In all fairness, this is not a Planable shortcoming per se, but rather a function of LinkedIn's API not providing the information third-parties need to live-link mentions. However, I've heard of at least one competitor that claims to have this capability...]

Laura

Executive Office

Reviewed March 2018

Planable makes it easy for me to create posts & get them approved.

It makes sharing potential social media posts and getting them approved (while allowing for comments and editing) really simple. It's user-friendly, doesn't take a lot of time to show someone how to use and keeps from having to use spreadsheets and image files and having to GUESS how something will look when it's posted.

PROS

I have a couple of clients I create and post social media content for and Planable makes it easy for me to create the posts and have my clients see what it will look like on the platform it will be posting to, view it in either a list or calendar view and approve it right there (no more having to go between spreadsheets and image files!) I can post onto social media platforms right from Planable or just use Planable as a way to track what's been approved and what I've published. My clients can leave comments if they want changes made and it's not something that requires a lot of training or complicated instructions to start using.

CONS

My only frustration is that if I don't create posts in date order, there seems to be no way to rearrange them in the list view to be in date order. Honestly, though, that's a very minor thing.

Jack

Reviewed March 2018

Simple to use, straightforward social media management tool.

Management of clients' social media accounts.

PROS

Planable has clean integration with the most popular social media platforms. It's nice that it emulates the individual feeds so that you can preview how the posts will appear on the platforms and to your followers. Separating workspaces for different brands/companies and having user permissions management per workspace allows for a scalable agency solution, but it's a fully featured solution for a single workspace as well. Separate approval/scheduling actions allow your team to develop a workflow that is appropriate for internal or client use.

CONS

Planable lacks any advanced content or growth features that other services offer, such as evergreen content management or follower tools, though these are not a space that Planable is directly competing in. I would perhaps like to see more engagement analytics implemented if possible, as Planable is a good platform to engage clients within regarding approval and potentially reporting of their social media posts as well.

Brian

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Simply the BEST!

If you are not a big fan of one tool to do multiple things like I am (CRM, Email, Social, and Coffee making), Planable fits into your flow as the perfect Social Media Posting Tool. As with all other tools, you still have to manage your relationships directly through the platform itself!

PROS

The ease of posting to multiple platforms at the same time. You get a WYSIWYG interface. You can post to pages, groups, and most profiles. It allows ease of use when reposting old content and simply saves time and money. I have tried many other platforms, but this is the best at what it does, manage JUST SOCIAL POSTING for my business and my multiple clients. I can schedule a month's content in literally minutes - HUGE!!!

CONS

I wish it would have Favorites for past posts to make them easier to reschedule.

Reason for choosing Planable

It offered Better project management for Client Accounts - PLUS the WYSIWYG interface is simply the best!

Hey Brian, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We're planning to start working on a feature for evergreen, recurring content in the future as well. I'll be happy to let you know of any updates we make. If you ever have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out in our chat or at hello@planable.io

Replied June 2021

Reviewed May 2021

A great tool to manage your social media profiles

A very good option for individuals or companies looking for a tool to post content on multiple profiles and accounts at once.

PROS

It's a very simple and easy-to-use tool that takes all the fuss out of posting on multiple social media profiles in one go. They also offer a FREE trial to get started so you can get a feel of whether it is for you or not.

CONS

There are limited integrations available as of now with the platforms you can post on but I am sure this might change in near future.

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We're definitely looking into expanding into different platforms and formats, we actually just added YouTube. We'd love to find out what other platforms would you like to see in Planable. You can add or upvote them here: https://roadmap.planable.io/ If you ever have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out in our chat or at hello@planable.io

Mel

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2021

Enjoy using Planable - makes things easy for different companies I handle social media for

Solving the issue of posting live. Scheduling posts is a life saver!

PROS

The workspaces - that I have several & that they are easy to transition from each. Plus, editing really quickly within each caption.

CONS

Wish there was a way to have IG carousel posts to post automatically - which I believe is a hurdle with IG and not Planable. Worried that I may have to refresh my IG connection when I do not have access to do so when I need a post to post.

Reason for choosing Planable

The workspaces are easy to use.

Hey Mel, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. As you mentioned, unfortunately, Instagram direct publishing has some limitations due to their API restrictions, but hopefully, they'll release more access in the future.

Reviewed March 2018

Makes social media a breeze

PROS

- Love the calendar view. I can see what's getting posted, where it's being posted, and when it's getting posted - I was able to onboard my VA quickly and she started posting new content right away - The review process for new social posts is so much better now with Planable. I can make edits, provide suggestions to my VA, and feel confident that the content I want to be posted is posted - Regular updates! I've seen at least 3 new updates in the last month. - Product development roadmap looks promising and developers are open to new ideas and suggestions :)

CONS

- Tagging features a still a little buggy and causes the site to lag or not load the correct Facebook page - Evergreen posting not available...yet (it's coming soon) - No way to prevent a scheduled post from being published if it is not approved - I always forget to set a scheduled time because time scheduling feature is located below the calendar when scheduling the date --> would like to see these separated

Ilias

Computer & Network Security, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2018

I've been using Social Media 'schedulers' for a good 4 years now and I'm very happy with Planable

ease of mind :-)

PROS

+ Eases approval/team collab workflow + Eases Social Media Content Calendar workflow These two are the key points for me. Planable makes it very easy for me to a. approve colleagues' social media posts and b. provide instant feedback using two simple squeeze boxes per post. Onboard your team in 15' and boom you're good to go. Or just use the calendar view to map out your content for the next x amount of time. A handy feature, albeit present in other similar tools by now. Still, it's my no.1 choice for Social Media teams especially if you run a team in different time zones or use independent contractors that need a bit of guidance.

CONS

I've encountered a couple of bugs - had to reload the page and re- enter my post at some point - but definitely nothing that I haven't witnessed firsthand before via hootsuite and -oh boy- buffer. Best option money can buy IMHO, in this category of tools

Rodica

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Go for it - good value for money

PROS

I started to use Planable with their trial version and later upgraded to their paid one (after trying to manage the accounts without it for a few weeks). Very useful to my team to plan the social media calendar.

CONS

I would love to see more features coming, for example being able to plan the content calendar in it as well. This would provide the full picture to the social team on the coming blog posts.

Reviewed June 2021

Better than other services, yet not perfect.

PROS

Suitable for content creation and collaboration.

CONS

It doesn't process media correctly when posting on the real account.

Hey there, Appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We'd love to learn more about your experience with processing media. You can reach out to us anytime in our chat or at hello@planable.io.

Replied June 2021