All Postbox Reviews

Chitu

Smooth desktop email client

Overall, Postbox is great for my personal email, as I've described above. My only major negative is that I cannot use it on Microsoft Exchange--that is, the only negative is that they don't allow me to use it even more!

Pros

I'm a big fan of desktop email clients, rather than web clients, mainly because I can do a lot of email work even when I'm offline. Probably my favourite aspect of Postbox is the keyboard shortcuts. They are well thought out and so make my email use smooth--I can easily do so many common tasks with just one key click, such as moving messages to folders. In addition, there are so many tiny details that are almost invisible yet work so smoothly--I barely notice them until I work with other clients like Outlook. For example, when I delete messages, even if they have not yet been read, they are automatically marked as read when deleted so that I don't have to do the two steps of marking a message as read and then deleting it.

Cons

My big negative is that Postbox does not provide native support for Microsoft Exchange--it only provides IMAP. This is a deal-breaker. First, IMAP is not a full replacement for Microsoft Exchange, so there were so many little things that just didn't work right, even after I carefully followed the instructions on Postbox's dedicated page to customize settings to try to work around those issues. Then, to make things worse, my employer blocked IMAP on its Outlook accounts, so I cannot use Postbox at all any longer for my work email account. I now use Postbox only for my personal accounts and then Outlook for my work account. I've already requested Postbox to add support for Microsoft Exchange, but they said there was insufficient demand for that feature. That is always a very dubious reason for not adding features--obviously, there must be some business users who would have the demand for Exchange support but then don't even bother with Postbox once they find that it is missing!

More user-friendly experience

Flavio

Industry: Music

Great work!

I can't speak yet about their support as I haven't had any exchanges yet. On the positive side, I haven't needed to contact them. Their getting started tutorials are excellent and comprehensive, and so is their knowledge base, for what I've seen so far, the app is very well documented.

Pros

LOVED the flexibility and slick design and powerful features. It feels really modular and that it will accommodate my particular workflow.

Cons

It would be great if one could additionally customize the icons themselves, at least the colors, also to eliminate the toolbar on top altogether, but I rest content :)

Reasons for choosing Postbox

Most modular, with VERY comprehensive set of features, and yet straight forward for the purpose at hand, to be productive and have an aesthetically pleasing experience while sending emails.

Reasons for switching to Postbox

Mm, I've been really hesitant, for I loved Spark, but the main 2 decisions were: a) the ability to customize my interface and comprehensive features, and b) the better design overall.

Nice to look at but...

Poorly designed and set afloat with no support, forum, or written documentation. Their support is just marketing hype with pretty pictures. Period. End of sentence. Do I think it sucks? Yep!

Pros

It looks nice. Purported to be a business class product. NOT. It. Isn't. Ready. For. Prime. Time. It is still pre-beta.

Cons

Too many un-editable default settings. The message filtering does not work. The junk filtering does not work. You must click the load images on any mail that has an image in it.

Reasons for choosing Postbox

Luck of the draw. Customer reviews (obviously faked) seemed legit and made it sound like a good product.

Reasons for switching to Postbox

I wanted to try something different. Bad move on my part.

Response from Postbox

Dear Chris, We're sorry your experience wasn't a good one. We strive to make every user experience the very best it can be. However, we would like to set the record straight: * Postbox is one of the most configurable email apps on the market, with most settings adjustable in some way. * Our Help Center contains over 300 Articles, Getting Started Guides, Video Tutorials, and Troubleshooting Guides. * We have a dedicated team of experts that can handle any inquiry you may have. In fact, you sent an inquiry to us and we responded to you only 27 minutes later. * All of our reviews are from actual Postbox users and none of them are fake. With that said, we're sorry to see you go and wish you the best of luck in finding an email app that works best for you.

Replied May 2020

Mick

November 2022

Postbox mail client

No issues at all, in fact fixed issues I had with other clients.

Pros

Switched to Proton Mail and used with Thunderbird, emClient, Mailbird, all had issues. Discovered Postbox and worked perfectly with Proton. Not only that but blown away by just how good this client is, best of the best in my opinion.

Cons

Nothing except would like an 'Undo Send' option (delay for say 20 seconds), have submitted as a feature request... pretty pretty please!

Reasons for choosing Postbox

As stated above, solved all my issues I had with the other clients and just works great, Proton Mail + Bridge in my case

Reasons for switching to Postbox

Issues with all other mail clients

Dane

The only email app that I keep using

Postbox has made dealing with email less of a chore with the right mix of tools for my business needs.

Pros

Postbox combines the core features I need for an email app with an excellent support team. Management of multiple inboxes into both single and shared views makes it easy to manage my email, and there are several automation tools built-in.

Cons

I keep asking them to integrate Grammarly. That's the one thing I need to make me completely happy with Postbox.

Reasons for choosing Postbox

I bought and used several apps at the time. Post box just consistently offered the best mix of tools and features and made using email the most productive out of them all now, if they would add Grammarly integration.

Reasons for switching to Postbox

There were too many things that outlook just over-complicated and thus did poorly.

Steve

A true email client

I have used Postbox since its first release. I have used it on both MAC and Windows OS and have always found it easy to use. The major plus for me is how easy it is to find an attachment and the way I can link to new emails. The program is built to be intuitive which means the hard work is always done for you. Every upgrade has left you with the same UI so you never had to re-learn how to use it. I currently store ten years of email on it so about 26,000 and have never had a problem.

Pros

Easy to manage attachments the "view" aspect of the program is what really makes it unique.

Cons

Does not always find the correct config when adding email addresses. No mobile version.

Ease of use

Reasons for switching to Postbox

The fact that the launch team made it clear that this was not "freeware" and their desire to build the best client possible

Javier

Good mailing software but has a long way to go

Good experience. I was using before Mailbird and emclient but I had lot of problems, so, I started looking an alternative and so I came to you. I tried it and decided to buy it because it's really worth it

Pros

A lot of features A lot personalization. Good performance

Cons

I use it on Windows, I can't minimize it as an icon next to the clock.. for example as antivirus or Spotify, I can minimize these next to de click un the toolbar. Sometime I have troubles with margin of the signature, if u want to edit it in the same email, margins are spoiled I would like to have a way to organize better the email, for example there's an app on mobile, Spark Mail, it has a funtions to organize email by relevance, I don't know how it works exactly but is nice l.

Reasons for switching to Postbox

Postbox has a lot of features and I found the price excellent. the quality was excellent and the cost was not excessive as the competition

Lukas

May 2022

Best e-mail client IMO

Everyday user, multiple accounts (15) are managed simultanoesly. Business and private user.

Pros

Works smoothly even with many accounts. You can change folder for e-mails so your C partition drive on Windows does not grown day by day. but the best option is you can colour your e-mails with your numer pad - coloured topic are easy to manage if you use miltiple accounts and work on many tasks simultanously. 5 stars for developers and for Customer Service that hepled me from time to time with new features and some minor problem with my system (for example my fonts on windows crushed and CS helped me to find solution althrough it was not their job, e-mails with Georgia font was problematic). I use their app day by da within last 2 years and I am more than happy after transition from Thunderbird, Outlook, eM Client and after tested some more others...Postbox is best of them all IMO. I highly recommend !

Cons

List of supported languages. I am from Poland and there is no Polish translation although there is Russian and some other big countries like Italian or German. Alternative apps have polish language. I understand that it takes some resources to create more languages but not everyone uses English language at that high level to be ready to use only the english interface, so it is hard to recommend the app to friends in my country.

Reasons for switching to Postbox

Thunderbird has many problems with app crush during e-mail writing and losing text I had to start writing messages from scratch and the constant problem with the interface on Win10, eM Client has no filters and many other bugs and problems. Outlook was not fit for me like many Microsoft apps. Postbox is perfect for me.

Tom

Essential software used all day, every day

I monitor about a dozen email accounts. Postbox lets me easily see new messages in all of my accounts.

Pros

Easily connects all of my email accounts and combines them into one stream of messages

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about Postbox.

Reasons for switching to Postbox

I liked Postbox's interface better. The workflow for composing messages is better.

René

July 2022

Postbox App is the best

I have tried all mail clients on MAcOS, but Postbox remains the best. It has a nice interface, powerful keyboard shortcuts and does what it is supposed to do. Organize and archive mails.

Pros

Nice and beautiful interface. Powerful shortcuts. Coloring of messages with 1 key And easy to use

Cons

Not all "current" functionalities such as snooze are present.

Kaliko

Highly Recommended

Postbox has allowed me to aggregate all of my email messaging into one place and keep my messages and attachments all organized in one easy-to-use and reliable local work area. I can't say enough, because I am truly indebted to the developers of Postbox for making such a great app and helping me organize my very busy messaging life and work/personal business for the past seven years.

Pros

Excellent management of my 35 inboxes. Yes, that's thirty five. But this app handles it with aplomb. And believe me when I say I have tried just about every email client and web app around (and continue to do so when new ones come out). But Postbox has stayed my first choice on my Mac for the last seven years. It's reliable, looks great in "dark mode", has great filters, lots of power "under the hood" for power users who want local email management (vs gmail online interface for example). Excellent search features (both inbox-specific and global), tagging (also automated via filters), and oh it's so smart! It knows if you intended to add an attachment but forgot to do it - it will remind you before sending, which is a nice touch! It has a timer when composing. Oh and it also has an "attachments" view which lists all attachments per inbox - a unique feature I love. I find the layout to be excellent and nicely configurable. Postbox Preferences are well laid out and plentiful. I could go on ... just get it and try it out!

Cons

The current version (7.0.25) I find confuses me with the "tabs" available in the interface to allow for multiple inboxes or folders to be open at the same time. I don't understand how or why they are sometimes automatically created. Also, the "from" address field lists all available email addresses for the accounts you are using, as expected. But the list is seemingly unsorted and random, so for only a couple of "from" addresses I am sure it's fine; but for me with my 35 possible options, it's hard to find the address I want to send from if I need to change it while composing an email. In neither case, however, are these small issues deal-breakers. Get this app and you will love it!

Reasons for choosing Postbox

I chose Postbox over alternate products because it turned out to meet or exceed my expectations and what other apps were able to do for me. Also it looks great!

Reasons for switching to Postbox

I tried them all - and I still do when new ones come out. But Postbox was simply the best once I set it up the way I wanted to have it help me.

Joshua

Postbox: The Ultimate Email Client

Brilliant. Whilst the software itself is top drawer, the interactions I've had with the customer support has been nothing short of exceptional. I demoed the software during a sale period which ended before my trial. Without hesitation, the support extended the sale price for me once my trial was up so that I could capitalize on the special offer. I've never looked back since. I highly recommend Postbox and am a very happy customer!

Pros

From the exceptional design of the GUI, to the functionality of the software, to the extensive feature-set and the software's ease of use, Postbox is the ultimate Email client. The sheer volume of features enable the user to completely customize their workflow and make it their own. Despite this, Postbox doesn't feel bloated in any way. It's incredibly streamlined and can cater for any type of user: from beginners to power users! Geared at the working professional, the ability to create professional email signatures is an excellent feature for small businesses, but this really is just the tip of the iceberg! The software provides many functions I didn't know I needed and they have all combined to make the emailing process simpler and more enjoyable!

Cons

There aren't really any glaring issues that I've discovered. The software is able to execute my workflow with ease and there are many features that I'm yet to truly discover! I would love the option to color-code different accounts, so that it's easier to know which address you're sending emails from. Apart from that... I can't think of anything else I'd like to add for the time being!

Reasons for switching to Postbox

I felt I wanted a change as I needed something with more functionality. I demoed A LOT of different Email Clients before choosing Postbox

Philipp

April 2022

The email app for power users.

Pros

I have been using Postbox on my Mac for over a year now and it is without a doubt one of the most powerful email clients out there. Since I am a privacy advocate I am using ProtonMail for my personal and professional email. ProtonMail is currently available as a web app, and for Android and iOS. That means there is no dedicated Mac App available. Most of the time, I am working on my emails on my Mac, therefore I decided to go on the hunt for a powerful email client to work through my open emails. Since ProtonMail uses end-to-end encryption there are very few email clients available that can be used with a ProtonMail account. One of them is Postbox. Postbox features a beautiful, clear, lucid, and modern interface. One of my favorite Postbox features are the power to group my accounts, view email in tabs, the search with advanced queries, and of course the quick bar to perform any kind of actions with just a few keystrokes.

Cons

Although Postbox is a lovely piece of software, I would say it is mainly aimed at people who are writing loads of emails, people who are power users. For casual email workflows you probably do not need all the features Postbox is offering, and therefore you might take a look at alternatives. But if you are on the hunt for a desktop client for your ProtonMail account you should definitely take a look at Postbox.

Lester

Good for Business Good for Personal

I started using (and recommending) Postbox during my time as a IT consultant to small businesses (who also love the software). I now am semi retired and us the software personally for my investment activities. Since I get a lot of old emails related to my former business, Postbox allows me to sort them into folders for a later look or delete them directly. I have multiple emails for security purposes and I am able to consolidate them into the single Postbox application. It is easy to use, easy to confiure, and it works all the time.

Pros

Ability to consolidate multiple emails onto one platform with the ability to send from any. Filter ability is excellent to group incoming emails into the best folder and in cases of spam directly to delete. Ability to search the contents of all emails (or select email accounts) in one easy search

Cons

Sometimes the indexing feature takes a long time and puts the software on hold.

Reasons for choosing Postbox

Postbox had the capabilities I was looking for. I continue to review competitors to see if switching is worthwhile, but I still find the Postbox solution the best!

Reasons for switching to Postbox

I am probably using postbox for a decade. I know from my file records I used version 3 and maybe before that. The capabilities of Postbox make the decision to switch. The fact that it works as promoted make it a very valuable piece of software.

Nawaf

My personnel take

Overall It would have got a full rating if it was not for the tech support being billable considering I am a licensed user, and the fact of not having the basic ability to export accounts on the fly to another machine or same machine for a clean OS install, atleast the option to backup imap accounts / settings not folders should be standard.

Pros

Very clean light software easy to install, used this on my mac as well as windows with minimal issues. I like the theme option with the software and the ability to organize accounts groups as well as folders etc easily on the fly. There are still many features I have yet to explore but the most part I like most is the stability of the software.

Cons

The export functions for existing email accounts regardless of it being POP or IMAP needs to become a standard feature, as I have plus 20+ email account and sometimes I tend to move from one computer to another the part of not being able to just click and export my existing settings is tedious. Another fair feature that one would ask for is for those who have a valid license then the tech support should at-least be free of charge and not billed per request.

Reasons for switching to Postbox

I needed a solid platform such as postbox.