Browse Postmark Reviews

Clint from Third Rock

It just works

We primarily use Postmark to send out login information, alerts, notifications, and reports from our applications. We do not send a ton of emails out monthly, but we do send thousands a month. If they don't reach our client, that is bad for us. We were able to use industry standard packages to send through Postmark, so it was not difficult to integrate into our applications. We have a couple of cloud applications that we built from the ground up. We tried SendGrid and Mailgun and why both worked, it was more complex and really did not help if messages did not go through. With Postmark it is very quick to see what happened and why.

Pros

In-depth tracking allows me to see why something might have not worked Never gets blacklisted Walks you through the setup Easy to integrate for both simple and complex use

Cons

Cost is a little higher than others, but not too much.

Reasons for Choosing Postmark

It just works and it works well. Support has been there, when needed. Even during testing we were able to get support quickly and help resolve any issues we had.

Reasons for Switching to Postmark

Had too many issues with SendGrid and could not easily get help to correct them. Spent too much trying to fix something, versus working on our own products.

Jonathan from MyBodyTutor

Reliable and hassle-free email delivery

We switched over to Postmark from a competitor when we started to have significant email delivery problems. The transition went very smooth since they had a guide on exactly how to transfer from our prior service and what the differences are. It was also easy to update our code to use their new API. Everything has been rock solid so far.

Pros

Postmark has very helpful documentation to explain all their services and it's easy to get started with their guides that help you transfer over from other popular mail services. Their API is well explained and easy to use. Their email delivery is the best I've ever found so far in the industry. I haven't needed to use their customer support much, but when I did they were fairly quick to respond. I like how they include a long email transaction history whereas some competitors only give you 3 days or charge you extra.

Cons

They are not as inexpensive as some others in the industry, but I think their reliability and feature set makes up for the additional cost.

Reasons for Choosing Postmark

Reputation of email delivery, features, recommendation from other developers

Reasons for Switching to Postmark

Was experiencing email delivery problems to Microsoft email servers with Sendgrid.

Ebona from Impraise INC

Gets the job done

Pros

1: The ability to see overall data, or to refine down to just one email 2: The ability to create customized tags to filter through your thousands of emails 3: The ability to open and download a sent email into a zipfile.

Cons

1: If an email hard bounces it will deactivate all other emails being sent to this address, and there is no easy way to receive alerts on that. 2: The system bases the sending of emails not in the time zone the user received it.

Response from Wildbit

Replied June 2018

Thanks, Ebona. With regards to bounces, deactivating delivery to that address is key to ensuring great delivery. Repeated sends to an invalid address is a signal that the sender could be spamming, and it could hurt overall delivery. For alerts, we recently launched a Slack bot that can send you bounce notifications. https://github.com/wildbit/pm-slack-app We also just released Rebound, a snippet that you can customize and include in your application to proactively help customers handle bounce issues. https://postmarkapp.com/rebound We're exploring other options to make this easier, but in general, we encourage bounce integration within your application to proactively help users fix delivery issues. https://postmarkapp.com/developer/webhooks/bounce-webhook On the second issue, we use UTC in the activity feed for consistency. With recipients in different time zones, it would be difficult to have a chronologic activity stream. I'll share this with the team, though.

The best transactional email solution out there

As a SaaS platform that sends emails on behalf of our users, we needed an API solution that supported whitelabel domains and solid deliverability. Postmark is the best solution out there in the market for this.

Pros

Postmark knows what they're doing, and it shows. With their deliverability numbers and software design revolving around this philosophy, Postmark makes sure emails get delivered. The email API is also better than the rest.

Cons

The main con of Postmark is the pricing. Compared to other solutions, it's on the pricier side, however it makes up for it as a product and the solution itself.

Reasons for Switching to Postmark

We still use SendGrid, but Postmark is used for all of our whitelabel transactional emails on behalf of our users.

Sinoun from ShiftWeb Solutions, LLC

One of the better email senders

Pros

Before I started using Postmark, I also tried SendGrid and Mandrill. When I came across Postmark, I just stuck with them because it is SO easy to use. I feel like the other companies complicates the process a bit so it can deter users. I manage hundreds of WordPress sites and I set up Postmark for most of them. This gives me a peace of mind that emails are being sent from the sites, which is very important. I've never had a problem with Postmark. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to improve email deliverability, especially WordPress sites!

Cons

There was a problem with one site in my account that was sending a lot of spam, and instead of giving a warning, they suspended my account right away. I contacted them and they contacted me the next day, but if I had major accounts depending on Postmark, this would have been a serious problem.

Maxim from OneBar Inc

I absolutely love postmark and wish they charged more

We're using Postmark to send all our transactional emails in our SaaS product and we've chosen it over the Sendgrid which frankly speaking, I just couldn't get to work at all. We've been using it for 2 years now and somehow still haven't exceeded the free quota. I'd really like to support the product and wish they charged more or earlier for it. Keep up the good work, Wildbit!

Pros

Minimalistic but very well thought-through interface Love the template builder

Cons

The could be more features for advanced tracking and stats collection

Ivan from Reservation Genie

Send transactional emails easily

An efficient tool to send emails that offers ways to look up when emails are sent, if they are opened, how and where they are opened (device type, city, etc). Customers tell us they didn't receive a confirmation and we can see that they did, when and where.

Pros

Postmark is a great tool to send transactional emails like reservation notifications, username reset links, point notifications. They are constantly evolving and making the production stronger by adding useful features

Cons

Some of the features come in half baked. For example, they built click tracking, but does not appear to have individual link tracking. So if your emails have 4 links in there (unsubscribe, view profile, receipt, etc) it won't tell you which one they clicked on. Perhaps that's a tool we need to program separately.

Postmark is a great, straightforward service with phenomenal support

Postmark lets us reliably send transactional email with little fuss, and works well every time.

Pros

We've been using Postmark for years for our transactional email, and we've always found it to be reliable, well built, and a great API to interact with. Our interactions with their customer support have also been great you can tell they're a small, well-run business focusing on doing what they do very well. The pricing is great, as well.

Cons

I'm really reaching to try to come up with anything negative to say here; Postmark is focused on doing a few things, and doing them quite well. We'd love a few very specific features that don't exist yet, but beyond that, I can't think of anything to complain about.

Great developer-oriented service for all your transactional emails needs

Pros

I love the developer-centric route that this service takes, it's so easy for anyone with dev skills to set up Postmark and have it running in little to no time. Their dashboard is one of the best I've used, providing a comprehensive and clear snapshot of the state of your emails. They put great thought and a lot of effort into making sure that your emails get delivered successfully.

Cons

If this is the first time for you setting up a transactional email service, it might take some time to get acquainted with some of the underlying concepts that Postmark uses (e.g. servers or sender signatures) but thy shouldn't discourage you from using it, you will be rewarded with a great and reliable service!

Mitch from Pencil Kings

It's so good I almost forget that we're using it

Our transactional emails all go through this system. Works like a dream.

Pros

Once you are configured and setup it just works, period. Postmark feels like it has the reliability of the electricity in your home. It's just there working for you all the time 24/7.

Cons

To be honest there are no cons I can think of. Our developer set it up, and all I see is the monthly bill and aside from that everything works exactly as it should.

Scott from SearchMaster Software

Truly Helps With Email Deliverability

Postmark has been a huge asset in terms of increasing sales by increasing email deliverability. I was having trouble with ALL my emails getting through, including crucial messages to new customers, so I was right away starting off on a bad note with new users. That is now a thing of the past!

Pros

The biggest PRO for this app/system is that it does exactly what it is supposed to do. I was having issues with emails bouncing, tagging as spam, and so forth, and everything was pointing to my web host. After some research, and having an issue with a competitor, I flipped over to Postmark and within the first 24 hours I was not only running, my deliverability shot up over 60%. Their self support systems are also really informative.

Cons

Not really a con, but you need to know a bit more than the basics when it comes to web development and setup to handle this. WordPress warriors need not apply - maybe that is a PRO.

Jake from Health e(fx)

Great, reliable service. Friendly

We received a well priced emailing system that allows for analytics above and beyond other offerings or self-implemented systems. Postmark's web API and libraries are easy to use and fit organically into our systems.

Pros

Wonderful support staff and great introduction offerings to new users. The spam notification is easy and doesn't cause me to freak out when a few dozen emails bounce. The classification of emails makes it clear where problems lie and has helped us to debug numerous issues and identify what steps we need to take to ensure our emails are able to serve their purpose.

Cons

Some improved querying ability on contents of emails sent and recipients. The ability to apply more tags would be nice as well.

Good DMARC setup advice & weekly reports

It greatly facilitated our initial DMARC setup and deployment and helped us identify mail sources that were legitimate, but non-compliant. We were able to correct them and continue to track the performance of DMARC on our domains

Pros

When we decided to implement DMARC this is the first product we came across that offered excellent information and details about how to setup and implement DMARC. Combined with the fact that they offer a free weekly DMARC reporting service makes them a clear and obvious choice to consider when deploying DMARC.

Cons

The reports are fantastic, but if you need to drill down into specific details to analyze and troubleshoot DMARC issues the software falls short in this regard.

Cost

Superb Transactional Mail Provider!

Pros

Postmark = Quality all the way. Email delivery is blazingly fast and the dashboard makes it very easy to trace activity and debug if needed.

Cons

At first, we tried other services which gave us a little more credits per $. But when we noticed that one other service was occasionally on the spam list, we knew it's much more important that's it's reliable. So we switched asap to Postmarkapp.

Incredible Tracking Tool!

Pros

Postmark makes it really easy to track our incoming and outgoing emails. We send a lot of automated emails through our own internal software, so Postmark has been integral to our quality assurance procedures. It helps us troubleshoot with clients and creates a sense of security, when you're concerned that maybe your email didn't send.

Cons

The search feature was not very intuitive, but with a little practice, the software is super easy to use!

Great Email Management

Email management for outgoing emails.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease of use, options are straightforward and easy to understand. The search tool is powerful and quick as well.

Cons

Sometimes the information can be somewhat hidden, reasoning as to bounces or email failure. Some categorization would be helpful as well.

No Frills Email

Pros

Pricing is great, is so easy to get started with their API or SMTP. Great metrics on emails that are being sent as well. It does what it does without fuss or overly complicated "extra" features.

Cons

Their templating system could be better as it's very basic. Being able to set a base template (Header and footer) isn't possible meaning any major changes can be time consuming.

Jessica from jessicaschokman

Great for easy cash

Pros

I keep the app on my phone and when I have a free minute I can check on my inventory and offers sales to my likers. It's an easy way to make quick cash. When you make a sale, Poshmark delivers you a prepaid mailing label so you can just fix it to a flat rate box at the post office and it's on it's way! I feel like I have a small business, communicating with buyers, wrapping my products and shipping them out. A great way to clean out my closest and make cash on stuff lying around.

Cons

The cut the company takes from the sale is larger than preferred. But it's worth it to get your stuff on a platform and in a marketplace where people are looking for any type of brand or named product.

James from Computer Software

There is no better email marketing and transactional email software out there.

Postmark makes it really simple for our company to send transactional emails to our customers. From password resets, to account welcomes, their templates make it simple and straightforward for us to create and send documents and emails easily.

Pros

I love how you can have separate servers for separate emails. Their price is also extremely fair per month, which makes it easy to scale.

Cons

I feel their search functions could be improved. Search is very focused on one server, and not on the whole account. So often when you search, you're not bringing up the full context. You need to dial in to a specific server, to specific emails, then you can search. But there is not global search, which makes it frustrating.

Chris from Tomodomo

Very simple, easy email deliverability

Pros

Postmark is one of the first transactional email services I encountered, many years ago. To this day it's still one of the simplest, nicest, and most intuitive options on the market. I love their focus on simplicity and reliability.

Cons

It's definitely not as cheap as some competitors who have larger free tiers only one hundred free emails a month is definitely on the lower end.

Easy To Troubleshoot Sending Issues!

It's been easy! It was a bit daunting to learn at first but it made sense every step of the way and is very easy!

Pros

I love that it's easy to understand! It's very easy to go in and find what I need in order to troubleshoot why emails are not sent.

Cons

It's a bit confusing at first to figure out where to find things, but once you do, it's a breeze! I love it. :)

MANISHKUMAR from robonomicsai

Best Email automation

Overall its best for email automation for any type of projects

Pros

Its very simple user interface also big problem of sending email manually is no more thanks to this wonderful tool user can scheduled email for specific time and send it to many user at a time. it can be integrated in your projects also.

Cons

Firstly its little costly and initial user need to read documentation very carefully also some time emails are stuck and does not send properly to user also.

Paul from Kizzler

Best for Transaction Mail

we use postmark to send out our transactional email. the ruby gem made this a breeze and we take advantage of the features to track our email with ease.