• Pros

• "I love the fact that it is easy and straight forward to use"

• "Easy to use and have good options,also its very proffessional,everything you need to customized you video you have on Promo.com :)"

• "I love the idea of throwing together a video for our customers, quickly. Also love the calendar suggestions for Promos to run. A lovely place to start coming up with ideas!"

• Cons

• "The limitations on editing videos and amount of drag and drop features!"

• "Limited fonts, this is a personal preference con. I'd like to see a few more font options and maybe some different animations for said fonts. "

• "I find that the platform freezes up from time to time making me have to restart an ad which is irritating. "

Browse Promo.com Reviews

Kimberly from HiRise P.R.omotions and Marketing, Inc.

I Create Videos that Convert for Client in 4 Minutes

Pros

Social ads, email, all content - when I want to express an emotion or add a branded message, Promo is my go-to platform to create videos that not only convey, but convert because the content is classic, or fun, or anything I can imagine. I can do this in as little as 4 minutes to spending more by uploading my own video content to add with the licensed video on the promo platform. That's key. The biggest thing though I would say is if I have a problem, this team has a chat button so easy to use and I've literally never ever waited to get help. Tell me where else right now that happens. Not even Facebook or other video platforms have this. They are always eager to help. That helps me...helps my client..helps my sales.

Cons

I am not able yet to upload transparent image overlays...yet. These guys are always creating new stuff monthly - new tool, which is why I always keep on coming back.

Vicky from JLA Realty

Love the Videos

I'm able to get a quality product done in a short amount of time. In my line of business, time is a very valuable commodity. Plus, the product looks like something I would have paid much more for than what I actually do.

Pros

That I can customize it and make it look as if I spent hours when it only takes a few minutes.

Cons

Sometimes, the videos that I develop for my facebook coverpages don't display correctly and I have to go back in and move things around...even if I save the video as a facebook cover.

Mohala from Tellus Development LTD

Easy Promo videos with Promo

Exciting! I love being able to take an idea and translate it into a video. Visual presentations are a driving force in today's marketing game and Promo let's me play with the big dawgs.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. Straight forward editing options as well as a huge selection of stock videos and images.

Cori from ThePinkController.com

Pricey and not enough options

We got some good ideas but could not implement them.

Pros

Cons

I know their pricing is comparable for others like them, but whew! That's more than we pay Shopify each month. And not all of our ads would be video. So a slow month, where we only needed one video, would be a waste of capital. I did ask their customer service for a pay as you download option (and it Too way to many tries to get a direct answer, which is why I gave them 3 stars for customer service) but you can only download if you have a subscription. So the try for free is not true. You can play with the editor for free. But as most said, it's nothing fancy. Instagram videos Perhaps some options for small businesses would be a good idea here. Love the convenience but hate the price, when we have so many other things we need to spend money on.

Christopher from Mao House Media

Great Product For Simple Videos But Lacking In Features

The customer service was outstanding and the software was very easy to use. We were able to produce short videos for several advertising campaigns in a small amount of time.

Pros

What stood out with Promo was most definitely its library of templates and stock images/videos. They offer a wide range and a very comprehensive selection of content to use.

Cons

I felt that the selection of titles and transitions was quite limited. After producing just 8 videos, I started realizing that the look and feel of my content were getting stale. Although they offer a wide selection of stock images/videos, the overlay of titles and the outro selections were limited.

Matt from ADP

Industry: Political Organization

Grodsky Review

Very easy to use.

Pros

Its versatility across platforms and the amount of available footage.

Cons

We need more text options and video trimming control.

Promo by Slidely has come in handy when it comes to making videos for FB advertising.

Pros

My favorite thing about Promo by Slidely is how easy it is to use. They already have videos and music you can select from without having to worry about copyright.

Cons

My least favorite thing about Promo by Slidely is that the customization of the slides/screens is a little limited.

Roozbeh from Roozbeh

Industry: Music

Everything you need for a vide promo campaign

Pros

Ease of use, the standard and professional looking outcome, unbelievable cheap price comparing to buying stock videos from other sources, and most Important: the fast and amazing customer service!

Cons

It would be great if the sound editing tools were as functional as video editing tools. Don't forget that sound is a very important part of a promo video especially when you need the video for musician promo videos.

Mary from GrandLux Realty

Ripoff

Pros

Fun to put together a video, various templates to see. More affordable than creating same content yourself. Various graphics to use and tryout

Cons

Cannot contact company for support. Continuously bill you. I tried blocking the charges because I couldn't cancel and I was billed for 4 months. I never logged into their site used it at all. Work with them at your risk.

Response from Slidely

Replied July 2018

Hi Mary, Thanks for your review and we would be happy to look into this and help you out. Can you provide us your email address that the account was registered under and email that to adam@slidely.com. Our support team is available 24/7 via chat or by emailing promosupport@slidely.com so I would also like to look into this for you. Sorry about any misunderstanding and I am sure we can get to the bottom of this and help on the account status. Thank You

CIndy from DreamKey Team @ 1st American Realty, LLC

Review for Promo

The ability to create creative videos to post on social media.

Pros

Loved the ability to make custom videos for my real estate business. Some were made fun and some were more serious.

Cons

Did not like the amount of time it took to customize the videos. Maybe I was just not "good" at designing the videos because it always took me a long time to create.

good value for $

Pros

ease of use. intuitive. need no technical background

Cons

inserting video/image & caption or reshuffling screens is not the easiest

These "promotional videos" are nothing more than stock footage with text overlays

Create generic stock footage videos with text overlays. That's pretty much all you can do with this program.

Pros

The design of the website is very intuitive. The editor is also relatively easy to use. Perhaps the best part of Promo is that it has great customer support, with an easy-to-use chat feature.

Cons

First of all, the company claims to specialize in creating promotional videos for small businesses. It has a huge library of video templates, but when you look closer at the videos, they all look basically the same. Every video in the template library is simply stock footage with a simple text or graphics overlay. There is no animation except simple fading text. You could easily create better animation with Powerpoint.

Response from Slidely

Replied February 2018

Hello, I woud like to thank you for your feedback and rating our product. We currently provide close to 4 million licensed videos and an easy to use editor with many great new features coming out in next few months. One of our exciting new features will be fully flexible and comprehensive text animations. Stay tuned for future updates! We would also appreciate if you can email promosupport@slidely.com so we can further understand exact requirements you would need. Thanks

Adam from Stukent

Promo allows me to make great videos without much experience.

I'll keep using Promo it's a fantastic tool and without video experience, I've made several videos that were approved in marketing campaigns!

Pros

I love Promo because it has high-quality video clips and is so easy to piece together quick projects when I don't have a videographer available.

Cons

There could be more capabilities as far as text inserts but for the most part it works for what I need.

Kendall from Milestone Contracting

Promo

Overall I really liked this website, but the price point was not feasible for the needs of our company. Loved the way the video turned out, so hopefully this is something we can work with in the future.

Pros

It was generally pretty easy to use. As someone who has never done any video editing, I was able to throw together a neat video in not very long.

Cons

It's expensive. For a company that is just dipping into video advertising, it might be nice to have a pay per video option. The monthly subscription is expensive if you only need 1 or 2 videos a month.

Very Easy & Creative

Overall its a great platform that really allows for quick and creative video ads.

Pros

Promo.com makes it super easy to pull together top quality video ads. Lots of options for stock video both free and paid and a whole lot of templates to choose from.

Jose Luis from Segundo Piso Marketing Digital

Good for video marketing

It’s a good tool to Star with video marketing at a reasonable price and without any video skills

Pros

It’s an easy to use tool that helps you to create videos without having technical knowledge or skills

Cons

The amount of templates available it’s limited it would be awesome if they add many more options so you can make many different videos

Marko from Lara Store

Great customer service,fast reply,very nice and helped me in one minute to solve my problem !!!!

I am very pleased with Promo.com,i customized my videos here with text,music and other stuff

Pros

Cons

Everything is fine,you have options i personal need for my business :)

Simon from Eight Days a Week Print Solutions

Industry: Printing

Creating short professional videos has never been easier.

We can produce professional looking video content easily for use on our digital platforms & social media.

Pros

Very easy to use without having experience of video editing before.

Cons

Some more stock footage to use would be an advantage

Robbie from New World Immigration

Incredibly User Friendly

Really good! Made a few videos already and enjoying huge successes

Pros

I love the fact that it is easy and straight forward to use

Cons

Nothing, I enjoy all the features on Promo.com

Easy Way To Make Clean, Simple Videos

It's been really easy to use, limited tools but still produces a very eye-catching finished product.

Pros

I like that you can easily add eye-catching text overlays and a professional-looking outro without needing to know fancy video editing.

Cons

You can't edit the speed of the video, like you can't slow it down or speed it up in sections like you can in softwares like iMovie.

Joshua from JGM Clientele Ventures

Incredible customer service!

Promo has provided me content that i normally wouldn't have had! Plus it was easy to apply!

Pros

The very fast and friendly customer service!

Cons

The limitations on editing videos and amount of drag and drop features!