• Pros

• "The Usability is excellent, great support team in case you have any questions."

• "I love this program for its ability to make people laugh, relate, and tune in for a moment of energetic exchange."

• "The message center will respond within five minutes of messaging them and are extremely helpful. The quality of the premium content is another great value for the price."

• Cons

• "I use this tool regularly and I create a lot of content but sometimes I observed that glitches occurred with my content. Which was really disappointing."

• "Its completely ridiculous that they could not cancel and refund the charge in the same day. Its very shady business practices."

Browse Promo.com Reviews

Yassine from FastEcomAds

The best online video editor for professionals

Promo allows me and my team to quickly edit professional videos, I often start from one of their premade templates and I make few edits to come up with an original and unique video that I can use for marketing campaigns or social media feeds. We also use promo to edit videos for our clients and they’re also satisfied with the videos that we deliver for them.

Pros

Promo.com has a lot of awesome templates for a bunch of categories, it became my one-stop-shop for all my business promotional videos because it offers a variety of video ads templates that I can simply edit on my browser without any program and they also offer a great selection of stock footage and text overlay options to make the videos more professional.

Cons

it's a bit pricy for small businesses but for me I think it’s worth it, I just hope that they can make it a bit cheaper to make it more affordable.

Reasons for Switching to Promo.com

after trying promo.com I found it to be better than invideo at least for my needs, it’s more complex and it allows me to make better videos.

Riley from TriumpHealth

Amazing Platform

The customer support has been unmatched, they have helped us even when it was our own mistake in reading information when we signed up and discounted our service. Also having that instant support with the chat and being able to fix small platform errors in only a few minutes could not be better. We got promo thinking we would make a few videos and cancel but since then it has helped get more people to our social pages and has let us show our services in a different way to our website visitors.

Pros

The quality of all of the video content whether it be premium or free content they are made beautifully. It is easy to customize any videos that work best for who you are advertising to and with our target market being health care professionals it is great to have so much healthcare related content to grow our social media and website.

Cons

I would like to be able to change font size within the text box, also be able to have two text boxes appear simultaneously within the same time frame.

Reasons for Choosing Promo.com

The content on promo is miles ahead of any of the competition with videos that are diverse and are made properly. No matter what you are selling promo will have a vast video library for your product or service.

Reasons for Switching to Promo.com

We actually did choose powtoon and purchased an annual plan we are currently trying to get out of because we have made close to 20 videos with promo and only 1 using powtoon due to the fact they only have 25 medical related videos(which are just bottles of pills and only last for 10 seconds) for the last 4 months of being a client.

Sara from SCP

Misleading company refund policy

The customer service and company policies were deceptive and designed to trick people into paying for a full month of service even if they end up not liking the product.

Pros

It was fairly easy to use and navigate the website.

Cons

The company page is very misleading - be sure to read all of the fine print before subscribing! They will charge your card and if you have downloaded anything your "7 day money back guarantee" becomes invalid. I downloaded 2 videos I had made with my own content and they didn't work well for what I had intended to use them for. When I tried to cancel my plan I was told that the 7 day money back guarantee was actually only for people who purchased a subscription yet never downloaded anything - which defeats the purpose of a money back guarantee in my opinion. I had no way of knowing if the product would meet my expectations until I downloaded the video - so the assurance that I could get my money back if I was unsatisfied is essentially worthless. Nothing excuses this type of dishonest business practice.

Response from Promo

Replied February 2021

Hi Sara Thanks for your feedback and we would be happy to clarify the 7 day refund policy. Since all content is licensed, if a video is downloaded then the account would not be valid for a refund. If there is a purchase and no download then we can refund

Gina from HomeSmart

Careful

Costumer service is horrible. They do things via chat they do not have some one your can reach to talk to about billing. I followed their directions to cancel and they still charged me. My bank gave me back my money but they recharged and said that the bank investigate d and said it was valid when I contacted my bank they said no it was a recharge and promo needs to return it. They do not talk about accounts for 30 days which then they keep your money. They recharge untill they get payment and keep telling to talk to your bank. Use another product this one make your videos feel fake.

Pros

Easy to login On our computers and laptops.

Cons

Editting : no hold and drag which made things time consuming.

Response from Promo

Replied April 2021

Hello, Thanks for reaching out and to further explain when a payment dispute is opened with the bank, we freeze use of the product until the banks complete their investigation. After the investigation is completed, if the charge is considered valid the funds are provided to our company and if the charge is reversed the funds are returned to the customer. After investigation, the banks deemed the charge was valid and we double checked to confirm they reviewed full evidence from both sides. For further clarification, I would suggest double checking with the bank on how they reached their result and if we can further help out just let us know. Thank You

John from Consumer Goods

The best I've found so far

I am a social media manager for a florists conglomerate, and I run all the company's social media platforms, plus the ones from nine franchisees, I need to keep it consistent and at one voice, but time is always my enemy, even if Promo is a service leaning toward promotional videos for paid advertising I am able to adapt it for normal everyday posting by making the videos longer (amazing feature), or uploading my own material. It's easy to use, it's fast, and the results are really good. I also love the fact of being able to choose from a large pool of different soundtracks if I so wish.

Pros

It's effortless to use even if one has no experience with video editing. The video templates are beautiful, even the free ones, which is a huge upgrade comparing to their competition; as usual with other competitors, the free videos are of low quality. The time it saves is of the essence.

Cons

Can be a little tricky in certain features, specifically on how to remove sound or only keep the sound of your uploaded video, but the support chatbot is very efficient and clear in their instructions.

Reasons for Choosing Promo.com

It's easier to use, it's faster, the quality of the templates is better, the support is very efficient.

Reasons for Switching to Promo.com

Vimeo was limited when it comes to appropriated videos for the flower industry.

Richard from Treacys Hotel Group

1 click video editing and publishing tool for social media marketing.

I decided to recommend this software to be used by our marketing team, we were looking for a solution to create and promote video advertising across our social media platforms. I was able to signup and begin using promo.com immediately with little or no training necessary, in less than 1 hour I was able to produce high quality video advertising clips that were being distributed to Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Promo.com is cloud based, cutting edge video editing and publishing.

Pros

Promo.com is very user friendly, I like the features that allow you to publish directly to your social media outlets. This is great software for marketing teams to use across the board. I love the product support and customer service, I highly recommend this software for anyone looking to grow their social media presence and who needs a tool to create engaging video content.

Cons

Promo.com is so good it has nothing bad about it.

Reasons for Choosing Promo.com

Promo.com was much easier to use, had loads of built in features for social media publishing and was just overall user friendly. Not to mention their great product support and customer service.

Best Product For video Promotions on social media

Promo.com made our business to achieve higher results and enagagements in social media platforms. i strongly recommend to try this product for those who are struggling to find the right platfrom for the social media content.

Pros

This software has some incredible features that can help me customize the video ads according to the size and dimensions of the required social media platforms that you can publish. It has an integrated solution where you can publish the video directly into the respective social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, etc) I do like the fact that you can actually customize and reimagine to design your own creative video with existing opensourced content or you can use your own cotent with these templates. There are 1000s of existing templates for quick and quality video ads to publish within a fraction of minutes. I love the product as it is so easy for beginners to start editing the video content.

Cons

There is noting to worry about this product. once you start using it, you will definitly love it.

Reasons for Switching to Promo.com

animoto is not user friendly product while compared to promo. Promo made life lot easier than it was before with animoto

Renee from SYSCON International, Inc

Industry: Industrial Automation

FABULOUS software!

We are using the software for our inbound marketing initiatives to achieve lead gen and drive traffic to our website. We will also use videos in drip campaigns and our sales guys will use them in demo situations. In my first 24 hours of use, I had two questions which were expertly handled by the 24/7 chat reps. I could not have been more pleased. A really pleasant surprise.

Pros

super easy to use, very intuitive UX, and great automation phenomenal value for the cost customer service is responsive, swift, knowledgeable, and actually gets the question answered the library is incredible: unrivaled having licensed music available is a huge perk

Cons

it would be great to have music on a timeline slider like the clips and captions, to accommodate musical transitions within a single video if you have to add in a new video clip, the software currently requires manual shifting of all the captions to get them back in alignment, which can be time-consuming if your video is long

Reasons for Choosing Promo.com

available features per price, plus one of our sales guys had used Promo at his previous company with MASSIVE success and highly recommended it

ruengelo from radio explore Tv Explore Curacao Gamer

Industry: Computer Games

Slidely Promo

i had and still have a good Experience with it good live services good feedback on the chat help god bless u guys

Pros

the first time when i try this software webs was i say omg this is so coool i had to save some money so fast that i could buy it 1 this software is so nice 1 fast 2 easy u can get all your video in full Hd videos

Cons

what i like is its easy for work whit it and cool

Reasons for Switching to Promo.com

ofc here i feel more like home and everything that i need is here like e music editor from text etc

Eric C. from Arrangr, Inc.

Promo works well for simple videos but could be better

I don't use it as much anymore because the product simply hasn't evolved the way I want it to so that I can get the creative results I want. It's somewhat frustrating. We do still use it though. It enables me to do a custom video of 10 - 30 seconds quickly and easily. I own an executive recruiting firm and we produce a custom video to accompany every new job search, pushing it out over social media and on our website.

Pros

Promo is relatively simple to use, even for non-tech people. There is a wide range (millions they claim) of video clips available and a pretty good selection of music---all royalty-free. You own the final product and can do whatever you want with it. The price is moderate.

Cons

Promo began by allowing users to start from scratch with a blank template, but then created their own templates that you are forced to use or get creative about to customize. No amount of logic or pleading with their customer service ever made a difference. Their in-house creative videos are almost all really amateurish creatively, except for the exercise videos. The music selection hasn't seemed to expand or improve much during the two years I have used Promo. So, you have to work with what they have, which isn't all that bad. They are always trying to upsell me on a plan I don't want. Some of the instructions on how to use their products are confusing. Despite repeated requests for the capability of doing voiceover narration with the videos, they still do not offer this. A partnership with VoiceBunny or Voices.com or Fiverr would enable users to hire voiceover talent to create videos that didn't just consist of video, slides, and music.

Syed from Allied Global Marketing

'A dynamic platform to create your dream content'

As I stated, I like to use this tool so, my overall experience with Promo.com is wonderful. This tool makes my job super easy.

Pros

I am using this tool for a long time and I really enjoy working with Promo.com. This is an amazing resource that allows you to create wonderful videos even if you have a small budget. They have a lot of the latest features and functions which is totally helpful to be creative with your editing. Promo.com has a massive collection of video clips that are really wonderful. I would say promo.com is a great tool and with it you can smoothly customize your content, logo, post, greetings wish, social media ads, and more. I like to use huge collections of templates.

Cons

I use this tool regularly and I create a lot of content but sometimes I observed that glitches occurred with my content. Which was really disappointing. I think they sould work on this.

Fiona from Self-Employed

A little bit of magic

There is no doubt that video is the way forward. The interaction and level of engagement with our more personal posts as a business, especially those using video, is clear. We have had a slightly halting start, due to the unavailability of key staff to work with the software having taken out a subscription, so several account pauses were required. These were handled efficiently, with understanding and accommodated our small business issues which prevented us using the service for a period of time. Customer support is some of the best we have ever come across, almost instant response, no need to explain previous interactions as they seem always to be on top of things. Really grateful they make it so easy.

Pros

It is incredibly user-friendly, requiring very little technical knowledge. The sheer range of options is amazing, with a wide range of templates and an endless array of choice. Despite the fact that other companies may use some of the same templates, the personalisation options are such that one is very likely to end up with exactly the same promotional video as someone else.

Cons

To date I have had no technical glitches, and the software has worked seamlessly on my Mac. The only thing that is sometimes a little overwhelming, is the sheer amount of options and as the site has added increased options and functionality it naturally becomes a little more of a complex process. Working with it regularly takes away any confusion.

Ashley from Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company of Idaho

The best promo video service I have found yet.

With Promo we are able to make original content to keep our social media sites fresh with new videos. Promo also allows us to easily create individualized content for our agents to use on their own social media pages that brands them as their own business with their own contact information rather than the corporate information.

Pros

Great selection of stock videos to choose from. Premade templates available for easy editing. Suggestions of premade videos provided for the specific industry that you declare on sign up. Great selection of music to add to videos. Great selection of text overlay options to make videos look anywhere from fun to professional. Easy to change video format to fit different platforms. Easy to download video once completed. Customer service team is readily available to answer questions. New features and functionality being rolled out frequently.

Cons

I have not found anything about this software that I do not like. When I start to think to myself it would be nice if it had this feature, a feature similar if not exactly like that becomes available. I think they really listen to their customers feedback and requests.

Kimberly from HiRise P.R.omotions and Marketing, Inc.

I Create Videos that Convert for Client in 4 Minutes

Pros

Social ads, email, all content - when I want to express an emotion or add a branded message, Promo is my go-to platform to create videos that not only convey, but convert because the content is classic, or fun, or anything I can imagine. I can do this in as little as 4 minutes to spending more by uploading my own video content to add with the licensed video on the promo platform. That's key. The biggest thing though I would say is if I have a problem, this team has a chat button so easy to use and I've literally never ever waited to get help. Tell me where else right now that happens. Not even Facebook or other video platforms have this. They are always eager to help. That helps me...helps my client..helps my sales.

Cons

I am not able yet to upload transparent image overlays...yet. These guys are always creating new stuff monthly - new tool, which is why I always keep on coming back.

Damien from Adjudication Services Group

Great Asset for Our Marketing & Branding

From day one I was able to create some great content. When I log in there is usually already a message I want to convey. The template library has more often than not given me ideas on how I want to convey that message. Over the last two years, Promo has helped me create professional content which has reached my target market, helped me to both create brand recognition and accomplish our marketing agendas. The number of compliments I receive on our videos is amazing. It's a great tool which I don't see not using well into the future of our organization.

Pros

Promo templates provide great baselines for creating content. Just recently all I had to do was brand a template and go. But generally, it is an easy to use software which enabled me to expand our brand and communicate our message in the most cost effective manner possible, while providing a high quality presentation. Which as a start-up company is very important.

Cons

Honestly, for the price, ease of use and functionality. I don't have any cons. This has been an incredible asset for my company. If I had one issue, I wish we could replace the green screen with images. But outside of that no issues.

Wendy from Key Industries

Excellent products! Excellent services!

Excellent service! I had a last minute project due the day I contacted customer service and they were able to help me resolve a tweak in less than five minutes. They have fast, friendly service and are able to understand what you need, no matter how frazzled you are at last minute. Thank you so much for saving my project! :)

Pros

I love how user-friendly this software is. Whether you have to create an ad or a short video for an event, you can adapt the software to suit your needs. I've been using Promo videos for a couple of years and have just opened a new business that will benefit from this software.

Cons

Last year, there were less features that made it a little less accessible for what I needed. They have listened to their customers and added new tweaks and features to suit everyone's needs. If you see something missing, that you require to enhance your marketing, just let them know. I'm impressed!

John from John M. Vetere & Associates, LLC

Promo Is an Outstanding Tool

Love this product! Great tool, exceptional support team, excellent value especially now with the unlimited premium videos (thank you for that)

Pros

1) The software allows us to be creative and quickly bring our messaging vision to life without having to worry about the technology. 2) the clips, both free and Premium, are excellent, have high production quality, and are constantly growing in number, 3) this tool is a huge saver of time and money. We can create and customize our message in-house without having to rely on expensive agency solutions that take way to long and don't take the time to adequately understand our business, clients, culture, and messaging goals.

Cons

1) The timeline is clunky. I have a pretty high-powered iMAC and moving clips around on the timeline is a laborious task, especially if using 5 or more clips, 2) would love to see more music options. Many of the audio clips within a genre start to sound alike and is counter to the wonderful variety of video clips you offer. Bottomline, better curation of the audio clips is needed. 3) Would love more flexibility with formatting the text, especially the outro.

Natalia from IMPOWRD

Great way to express an organisations identity and message.

Being a small business and always struggling with funding advertising and promotion I love that I have control over spreading my message to the world and being able to do this in a cost effective and creative way.

Pros

I love the fact that they listen when you suggest something. For example there used to be a limit on the number of videos you could create per month which irritated me. But now they are unlimited which is great. Sometimes I use make videos all the time - when I am feeling super creative - and other times I don't use it at all because I am just too busy. But other times I use it a lot.

Cons

In a perfect world I would like to be able to make longer vids and possibly put voice overs on them but as far as short sharp message vids go - can't beat this program.

Reasons for Choosing Promo.com

Ease of use - cost and the choice and quality of the music tracks, videos and pics.

Reasons for Switching to Promo.com

I just liked Promo.com better - it is more in line with what I need.

Marcos from Teachlr

Excellent application to create social media videos in minutes and without complications.

Pros

Although we are a video company, we are not all geniuses creating videos. That's why this tool worked very well for our sales and marketing team, since it allowed any employee to create interesting pieces and engaging, without needing to have editing notions (it only takes a little creativity!) They have an impressive and very large library of music and video clips that you can use in your videos. The editor is very simple and easy to use. If you need it, they have enough support material for you to learn how to use the tool. In general, they have many interesting things that will make creating videos for networks much more effective and eye-catching.

Cons

It has certain limitations, which depending on your needs, objectives and experience, can be frustrating. For example, I only managed to edit videos that are on the platform. I did not find a way to upload my own video from my computer. Likewise, the "free" version is not really free, since you can not download the videos you make, which by the way, have a maximum duration of 15 sec (in the free version). While it works properly, the relation between the price and not being able to upload own videos made us keep looking for other options.

Bruce from Bruce Jones and Associates and SAGE

Promo.com is brilliant for driving awareness of your company.

I use promo.com for generating awareness of our new services and sending people to our website for conversion. I also use the free version to teach my college marketing students to create videos for their own future jobs or businesses.

Pros

The variety of videos offered is incredible. The search features are highly accurate in terms of meeting my needs. As a former advertising executive, I love the fact that I have professional videos for my mental health company in a fraction of the cost and time. The longest a video has taken me to create, with myriad alternatives is 3 hours. I usually create within two hours. Here's an example: https://promo.com/share/5ce6ce1c861eda3c9f78c4d0?utm_source=single_shared_link

Cons

Not much to dislike. They are continually adding new features.

Khurram from Channaronline

Industry: Broadcast Media

Amazing fast way of video making.

It is really fun. I am getting in love with promo.com and with its customer team. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Amd more . They all take care of me like a famiky when ever i want help they are always here for me. Thank you pormo for excellent work.

Pros

It is amazingly fast to make video on promo.com excellent quality videos and photos to use. Good legal music to use. And excellent online customer service. I get help when ever i wanted and its amazingly fast costumer service i did not see anywhere else. I like promo because of its fair services.

Cons

Quality sounds ambience and music should be included more .it should be added more frequently. Same for video too.tampletes ,fonts style should be added more. Sometimes it looks like same thing when it comes to writing and tampletes. And should be added more ready made biographic content .if i want to make my biographic video so it should be ready made so i put my self and my work to get my biographic video ready in minutes ..i will be happy to see more varieties of videos in more category.i wish to see all these too soon.

Alex from BUREAU DE CREDIT

Awesome !

Nice

Pros

So many choices, I like to surf on videos, imaginating the music and message to add

Cons

Price ! some packages as in 2016 will be better for little companies in order to buy only 10 and + 10 videos

So easy to use

Reasons for Switching to Promo.com

Promo.com is better, more options

Daniel from Kingdom Financial Academy

It's All In The Details

They are responsive, full of integrity, cutting edge and the customer service is a straight 10 !

Pros

Focused on details. They THOGHT "How can we make this the easiest, simplest and best priced video platform ?" and THEN they went and did it...

Cons

No many... I guess the only real "con" is that most people will use the same hot videos that everyone is using. HOWEVER, with the ability to BRAND, upload your own fonts AND do filters and change the music ...I can not really see how that would affect me.

Reasons for Choosing Promo.com

The ease of use, the quality of editing features, the speed by which we could create a client video or a video for an ad in 10 minutes that sells.

Response from Promo

Replied February 2021

Thank You Daniel for that great review!

Bonnie from bmax inc productions

By far, the best customer service of any company I have dealt with!

Promo is what got me into the business of video marketing and it plays a HUGE role in grabbing my customers' attention and actually making the sale. I am still new - had never made a marketing video in my life a little over a year ago, but with Promo, it didn't matter. I am now making videos every week, making sales and have no doubts my business will be a huge success, sooner rather than later! I have looked at other products in the past year and have yet to find something comparable to Promo! Thank you, for giving this entrepreneur a solid foundation to build a reputable marketing business!

Pros

The number of clips, the wide range of subjects and videos available. Sometimes I type in something off the wall to search and used to be amazed there were actually clips available. Now, I almost always say, Oh, I bet they will have that! No matter how odd it might seem.

Cons

Sometimes there's a hang up when changing ratios, but it's rare.

Eija from Ocean Stone Oy

Easy to use and great customer support

Surprisingly good software for making short marketing videos.

Pros

It's really easy to use, the video library is versatile and high quality and 24/7 customer support is top notch. I have no previous experience with making marketing videos but with Promo everything is easy and fast.

Cons

I have experienced some technical issues with the software (minor problems with publishing the videos etc) but all problems have been sorted out by the excellent customer service.

Reasons for Switching to Promo.com

I felt like it was too difficult to use.

Kimberly from Europa

Software is fine. Customer Support Horrible.

NEVER AGAIN. Would never recommend this company to ANYONE.

Pros

Easy to use would like more options to edit

Cons

Once this company gets your credit card they refuse to stop charging your account. The annual charge of 495.00 is still charged even after you have asked for a cancel. When you contact they they first will tell you they will reduce the charges and only charge you 50% (mind you it was the same day it hit my credit card) after much back and forth they communicated the best they could do was a 70% refund. Its completely ridiculous that they could not cancel and refund the charge in the same day . Its very shady business practices.

Response from Promo

Replied June 2020

Hi Kimberly, Thanks for your post and feedback. We would be happy to take a further look into the account as if you set the account to cancel prior to the renewal charge then there will not be any further charges to the account. Can you reach out to us at support@promo.com? Thank You

isabella from The 100 Year Lifestyle

Simplicistic, Elegant, & a Staff Who is Beyond Exceptional

Connecting to those who are always bombarded with ads and pressuring marketing campaigns, Promo allows the 100 Year Lifestyle to connect beyond the traditional "buy me/here's a discount" ad and rather towards a more organic conversation through videography. This is the future.

Pros

For those just getting started in the editing world, this platform gives space for innovative expression, marketing, and connecting to more people in a world that is open to listening. By using software like Pinnacle Studios in the past, I find myself very impressed when another editing software, such as Promo, that offers a template-based platform for the creative audience. I love this program for its ability to make people laugh, relate, and tune in for a moment of energetic exchange.

Cons

I don't always appreciate a glitch here and there because I use this software so much. Yet, when I do experience a glitch, the team is ON IT... Like asap and they make you feel supported throughout the instant messaging.

Dominique from Ready Steady Store

All in one!

I just started to use Promo a week ago. it's easy, the Customer Service has been very helpful. I'm positively surprised about how easy it is to create videos and you can customise the adverts with your brand and colours.

Pros

Promo gives access to all the 'ingredients' I need to create videos at an affordable cost. The app is easy to use, no need to be an expert. Promo provides a great diversity of high-quality footage.

Cons

The only thing that I hadn't expect is that It was not clear that the annual payment would be taken in one go.

Reasons for Choosing Promo.com

Considering that I don't have any expertise in video creations, Promo converted because of 1. it's easy to use, 2. they offer a great bank of videos, graphics and sonics 3. Their Customer Service has been fantastic

Greg from Two Creative Design Group, LLC

Promo by Slidely is the Perfect Tool for Creating Facebook Ad Videos

Promo by Slidely allows me to make quality videos for my Facebook Ads auickly and easily.

Pros

What I like most about Promo by Slidely is that it makes perfect videos for my Facebook Ads. I don't have to worry about format or file size, they just work. Promo is simple to use, too. In minutes someone can go from a complete novice to a seasoned pro using this application. I like that it handles both rectangular and square video. This way I can use it on both Facebook and Instagram with ease. The audio library is impressive. The selection is vast and the clips are easily sortable so I can find what I want. They're also available in various lengths and are easily edited for the perfect duration. The biggest reason why I use Promo is the video clip library. They have a huge library of top quality video clips to use in your videos. This is the main thing that sets Promo apart from services like Animoto.

Cons

What I like least about Promo is that I cannot use more than one clip in a video and I can't make long videos. I have to use their stock format and length. This works for a lot of things, but it really limits my creativity.

Susan from Happy Jack Cats, Inc.

Nonprofits and Promo

Even though Happy Jack Cats, Inc. is a nonprofit, we still need powerful marketing materials. Our very existence, and the lives of many animals depend on our being able to fund raise effectively. Sophisticated materials keep us from looking unworthy of donations. Success breeds success. Promo makes it possible for us to look good and, consequently do good.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use, the variety of clips, and the numerous, fantastic music choices. I'm not a videographer, and do not have sophisticated equipment or software for making great videos. Promo does everything for an unskilled user like myself, plus my organization, a nonprofit kitten rescue, does not have the funds for the hiring of skilled people or for expensive software and hardware. Promo offers fun, high-end quality clips which are applicable to my cat rescue. The software is easy to use and the learning curve is short, so I was able to quickly put together a video asking for donations on #givingtuesday 2019, that I'm proud of.

Cons

I have yet to find a problem. If I do I will share it with Promo, and I'm sure their team of experts would address it.

Alla from Two Men And A Moving Van

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great video solution

I like the customer service at Promo. they are very responsive and if I have an issue , problem or questions I get responses and solutions right away. during my first year subscription I did not really used all the credits, but they agreed to transfer unused credits to the next year.

Pros

It is an easy and user-friendly software with a great choice of categories you can select. You can select already prepared short videos , just customize them (like adding your own slogan, brand color and logo) and you are ready to send a message to your audience. It is very easy to download and share links. Now they added new features like posting on the social media. I used it and it was convenient as you did not have to download a video and then upload to your social media pages.

Cons

Based on my plan I get basic features , no cons for now. The only wish I could have is to get a cheaper plan but this is something we always want in the world of business.

George from NUS Consulting Group

Great (and easy) to deliver a single, short concept or message.

My experience with the tool is positive -- mostly because the overall design is simple and single-minded...almost a templated use-case. Hard to go wrong. The customer service was helpful and capable when I had inadvertently created two accounts and needed them merged. Also, when I was behind schedule they allowed me to suspend my account (and payments!) for three months while I caught up. Very nice of them.

Pros

This tool allows you to basically use existing stock video, add your text messaging and music, to make a short video. THe obvious point is that it is really-really easy. Click on a video, type two to four short messages, and they are displayed in an overlay, and pick your soundtrack. The entire process 'might' take 5 minutes. (If you're indecisive you could spend far longer selecting your video and soundtrack.)

Cons

Don't look for multi-layered messages or complexity. These are short videos, intended to punch a point home with a metaphoric video and a soundtrack that supports (or at least doesn't detract) from the message. You can use this for 'awareness' or advertising -- but its far from being an explainer video. The subscription is also pricey for what you get. But there are a lot of videos and soundtrack to choose from. I just wish more of them were directly applicable to B2B selling.

Great excellent software

Pros

Everything very well organized. It actually motivates you to keep on creating content for your business and as a business owner at least 10 pieces of content we have to let out on social media every day. Promo makes it easier especially on those days we are all but creative. One very important thing for me and my team was the speed your staff quickly answers. If we need to get the video out but we are struggling with some matter promo customer service won't take 1 minute to answer, I can say 15 seconds was the longest wait, if that is even considered waiting. It's just great, in every single aspect. ALL of your staff are very nice and easily and quickly solves the problem and plus gives us suggestions to improve our content!!!!! GREAT WORK!

Cons

Nothing. Absolutely nothing, which it is hard to find these days!

Taylor from SCNSC

Top-Notch Marketing Product

Pros

Promo.com has accelerated our digital media marketing efforts. As the marketing manager of a midsize nonprofit with limited staff, budget and time, social media marketing usually falls at the bottom of my priorities. Promo.com has empowered me to develop eye-catching social ads in a very short amount of time (usually 30 minutes or less) and at a cost that fits my budget. With a vast database of unique video clips and background music to choose from, Promo.com has quickly become one of my favorite marketing tools! Not only would I recommend Promo.com for its ease of use and affordability, but their customer service team rocks! When I discovered an issue I could not resolve on my own, customer care was quick to respond and offer solutions to meet my needs.

Cons

The only limitation that I have experienced is text editing. The options for adding text to video are pretty limited and it would be great to see more text editing features available without making it overly complicated.

Ryan from Infinite Ascension Media LLC

Pumped on Promo

Promo has helped our marketing team save time while driving traffic through our social platforms. We ran into some problems with our billing and the Customer Service team was outstanding. They went out of their way to accommodate our situation and were more than fair with the resolution. We recommend Promo to fast-growing businesses who want to save time while offering high-quality promotions and advertisements.

Pros

Ease of use and speed of content creation for our team.

Cons

We wanted to add our own videos on occasion, then Promo added the feature! No complaints but we always appreciate more video download options.

Nick from Nick Belial Photography - Lorcan Saoirse Films

Industry: Photography

Promo.com Customer Service Experience

As a small business owner, I see the value in creating eye-catching content and 'putting it out there' on social media. The problem is, unless you're big enough to have your own in-house graphics team, anything you create yourself will likely not rise to the level of professional and eye-catching. If your content in lacklustre or mearly "ok", you're not going to get the desired result. With promo.com videos, you get something that looks like a pro TV commercial. That means more eyes stick with and finish watching your content and that translates into more clicks. I've received a number of compliments on my new Promo.com videos-- something I didn't receive much on previous promotional material we tried. Promo.com makes it easy for me to put out a new video, publish it and quickly see new customer contacts.

Pros

Easy of use. I'm not a teck wizard and don't have the time to spend hours figuring out how to use a new tool for my business. You can jump right into Promo.com and start creating content almost immediately. Very user friendly. Also very pleased with the incredible variety of quality, ready-to-customize videos on their site. Very good selection of background music to use as well.

Cons

Genuinely nothing I can think to say here. For me, the experience using Promo.com has been all positive.

Vicky from JLA Realty

Love the Videos

I'm able to get a quality product done in a short amount of time. In my line of business, time is a very valuable commodity. Plus, the product looks like something I would have paid much more for than what I actually do.

Pros

That I can customize it and make it look as if I spent hours when it only takes a few minutes.

Cons

Sometimes, the videos that I develop for my facebook coverpages don't display correctly and I have to go back in and move things around...even if I save the video as a facebook cover.

Reasons for Choosing Promo.com

I really didn't look at any other products. When I looked at the Promo site and their ads on facebook, I really liked the product and the pricing.

Gary from Fast Rejoice Productions

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Great to Get You Started Fast

Though a bit limited - it's still a great way to get off the ground quickly with your message.

Pros

How quick and responsive the application is.

Cons

A bit limited with some functions.... also, the library of videos are not really diverse... they much of the same feel/mood/look.

price/ alternative pay plans

The best video maker

Great experiences, Promo made us pro with no video making experiences.

Pros

The simplicity to making and editing videos, The calendar which made our life easy to get pre made videos. The customer support very professional and swift service we are receiving every day, The photo bank is one of the best i have ever seen

Cons

I love everything about it. everything is working as it should be.

Easier to use

Karen from Remembering the Time

Promo Keeps My Business Humming

I use Promo to create content as Media Consultant for a local company as well as videos for my business, Remembering the Time. Video creation day is one of my favorite times! Thanks for making the creative process so fun.

Pros

As a freelance writer and content creator I've been relying on Promo's outstanding video creation software for several years. The interface is easy to use and the creative options are limitless. The ability to save my favorites for quick reference has been a tremendous aid to faster workflow. And--if I ever do hit a snag their customer tech support is one of the friendliest around. They've always untangled me and set me back on the path to success. I can't say enough good about this company!

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to create files to organize favorites for faster reference.

chauncey from BRONX MEDIA GROUP

sales up & excellent customer service

Pros

The software is straight forward. ANYONE can navigate the software. I recommend using the Mac Book Pro I tried using the software on a pc windows system not so smooth it took the features longer to upload and overall it was just performing slower. Mac Book Pro lighting speed on all features. The software is expensive but worth it. The message center will respond within five minutes of messaging them and are extremely helpful. The quality of the premium content is another great value for the price. PROMO has made a huge impact growing our brand and marketing our brand. EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

Cons

NO COMPLIANTS The customer service team is AMAZING!!!

Cornelius from The Father's Heart

Outstanding

What was going to initially cost us with a graphics designer per video we were able to pay less a year with unlimited promo's.

Pros

The easy method of use and direction in doing so.

Cons

In my opinion I would have like to have found a more balanced catalog of urban communities within the videos. To better enable us to reach all types of people within their everyday familiar surroundings.

Reasons for Choosing Promo.com

The first one we downloaded before the others. we were so satisfied this one that we didn't go any further. However, As I mentioned earlier I do plan to see if the others have a more balanced urban feel in an ongoing effort to reach a more broader community of people.

Vitor from GC Plus

Account suspended without getting in touch (emails go to spam)

Horrible

Pros

I paid for my account for 1 year. I rarely used it. But I used it last month to download videos and put them together to make a longer video (they don't provide long videos). They cancelled my account even paid one year ahead and told me they tried to get in touch with me but I saw their email went to spam. No phone calls, no messages, just these emails. No refund, they didn't give me even a chance to explain properly. They get your money and it's enough for them. Horrible customer service working only with emails. The worst company I've ever worked with.

Cons

Only short videos provided. That's not enough. You can edit well on their platform.

Response from Promo

Replied October 2020

Hello Vitor, Unfortunately the terms of service in using the product were not followed and after several warnings on the infractions in downloading raw footage without editing, the account was suspended. We make it very clear in the terms of service that downloading of raw footage is not permitted and we provided notification several times, but the violations continued and we are unable to continue to keep your account active.

Sumit from Rizort Inc.

Easy to use with amazing customer support

Pros

Easy to use ,intuitive user experience . Dose not require expensive product licenses. Reduced dependency of having a large team of professionals for video editing etc . Saves lot of time and help prioritize other important tasks . Best part is its support , which is always available 24X7 hand holding the user to solve any challenges right from helping them understand a feature or solving a billing issue.

Cons

You need a good processing power in your computer to run the system . While it works okay in low internet speed a system like latest MacBook Pro or Windows system with i7 and 16 GB ram is best for product.

Alan from PartnerSave Limited

The Best Online Video Maker

Now into my third year with Promo. I have tried other online services but this is definitely the most professional, most affordable, way to make polished video snippets. Using promo has meant our social media feeds get more attention and we also use them on our website.

Pros

Lots of good points, but, In particular, the customer support is quick and efficient and the service gets periodically upgraded with new and worthwhile features. The media library is vast and includes footage, music and photographs.

Cons

Would like the ability to use more premium content in a particular video. Also it would be nice to be able to use different music backgrounds for different sections.

Reasons for Switching to Promo.com

Volume of included videos and photos

Oded from GDPReady

I just love Promo!

I just love Promo!! I'm been in marketing for many years, and paid awful lot of money for content creation, and especially video productions. Promo gives me a quick and cost-effective alternative. Love it, love it, love it.

Pros

In the history of online videos it has never been so easy and affordable to create marvellous video clip as it is with Promo. With its broad library of videos and many editing options, my team and I can create high-quality videos that serve our brand and business well in a fraction of the cost and time it would have taken us with human service providers.

Cons

The pricing model is somewhat unclear, but either way it's worth it...

Luisa from SENNOBIA Skin Care & Cosmetics LLC

Industry: Cosmetics

Promo User

An excellent experience over all! Very satisfied. Looking forward for the new features to share directly on instagram.

Pros

I like the user friendly applications and the exceptional customer service. All my questions have been addressed within 3 minutes directly on the work page... do not have to leave the window, which makes it easier to chat with the assistant while implementing the recommendations. NOTE: I work late at night, usually after midnight, and the response time frame is withing the 2 to 3 minutes. I am very satisfied with Promo.

Cons

that i cannot implement photos of my product within the video frame.

James from Operation Heal America LLC

Outstanding Product - Operation Heal America LLC

Outstanding product - highly recommend! Engagements on social media accounts went up 60 times norm with first posting.

Pros

Ease of Use Quality of Production Materials: Video, Templates, Music files, etc. Ability to produce quality videos in a timely manner Reasonably priced

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software. As a former FBI agent and Navy Pilot, I am, by nature, a detail guy. Whoever designed this product thought of every conceivable detail to product high-quality videos with minimal expense and effort! Kudos Promo.com!

Reasons for Choosing Promo.com

Quality of product/Ease of Use/Well-priced.

Dan from iMarket USA, Inc

Look at Promo when you want to make short commercials

I am not currently using Promo but had used it to make dozens of videos to promote various products for my clients. Overall I was quite happy with it and would not hesitate to use Promo again when the need arises.

Pros

Promo has a vast library of video clips to use to make a wide range of short commercials and promotional videos for your business or personal use. Adding music/sound and text onto the video is not only essential but it is done very easily.

Cons

I would like more text font options (or the ability to upload custom fonts). At times editing a video (splicing it) or joining two videos was a challenge.

Crayle from Freelance

Like iStock and iMovie combined

The basic service gives you 12 videos a year in the premium category, and lots of stock video that you can pu text over, which was my primary need. It's also nice that they have templates for each type of social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) to keep things sized correctly.

Pros

I love how easy it is to create a short video ad right there where you found all of the stock videos for the background. It's quick and easy and doesn't require a lot of experience editing videos to use.

Cons

To get the best price, especially for basic use, you have to pay annually. If you want to make a one-year commitment, you get a full 50% off, which is a good deal, but often a hard sell for digital marketers to make to department heads who make make budget decisions.