Promo.com Software Reviews

Promo.com Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"It has an integrated solution where you can publish the video directly into the respective social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, etc)."
  • icon"The Usability is excellent, great support team in case you have any questions."
  • icon"I love this program for its ability to make people laugh, relate, and tune in for a moment of energetic exchange."
  • icon"I use this tool regularly and I create a lot of content but sometimes I observed that glitches occurred with my content. Which was really disappointing."
  • icon"Its completely ridiculous that they could not cancel and refund the charge in the same day. Its very shady business practices."

All Promo.com Reviews

Jared

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

Time used: Free Trial

March 2022

Convenient Video Editor for Videos for Social

Yassine

The best online video editor for professionals

Promo allows me and my team to quickly edit professional videos, I often start from one of their premade templates and I make few edits to come up with an original and unique video that I can use for marketing campaigns or social media feeds. We also use promo to edit videos for our clients and they’re also satisfied with the videos that we deliver for them.

Pros

Promo.com has a lot of awesome templates for a bunch of categories, it became my one-stop-shop for all my business promotional videos because it offers a variety of video ads templates that I can simply edit on my browser without any program and they also offer a great selection of stock footage and text overlay options to make the videos more professional.

Cons

it's a bit pricy for small businesses but for me I think it’s worth it, I just hope that they can make it a bit cheaper to make it more affordable.

Reasons for switching to Promo.com

after trying promo.com I found it to be better than invideo at least for my needs, it’s more complex and it allows me to make better videos.

The best I've found so far

I am a social media manager for a florists conglomerate, and I run all the company's social media platforms, plus the ones from nine franchisees, I need to keep it consistent and at one voice, but time is always my enemy, even if Promo is a service leaning toward promotional videos for paid advertising I am able to adapt it for normal everyday posting by making the videos longer (amazing feature), or uploading my own material. It's easy to use, it's fast, and the results are really good. I also love the fact of being able to choose from a large pool of different soundtracks if I so wish.

Pros

It's effortless to use even if one has no experience with video editing. The video templates are beautiful, even the free ones, which is a huge upgrade comparing to their competition; as usual with other competitors, the free videos are of low quality. The time it saves is of the essence.

Cons

Can be a little tricky in certain features, specifically on how to remove sound or only keep the sound of your uploaded video, but the support chatbot is very efficient and clear in their instructions.

Reasons for choosing Promo.com

It's easier to use, it's faster, the quality of the templates is better, the support is very efficient.

Reasons for switching to Promo.com

Vimeo was limited when it comes to appropriated videos for the flower industry.

October 2022

Doesn't stand out from the pack

It's perfectly fine, it just is not the type of software that becomes essential. If you are SOLELY going to make videos then sure, go for it, but if you are a small shop and can't afford multiple platforms, this one would end up on the chopping block because you can get another all-in-one-solution with overlapping functionality.

Pros

Promo has nice-looking templates and is fairly easy to use. It definitely is something that folks with little to no video editing experience could easily onboard so you don't spend time training people to use it.

Cons

It is fine enough it's just that there are other platforms that do more and are more all-encompassing. At the end of the day, I couldn't justify paying for this on its own merits when I could just do the same thing with something like Canva.

Bill

April 2022

Dishonest billing practices

I've used them for 5 years. I've had problems in the past but have dealt with it. I'M DONE WITH PROMO. There are many, many other options out there not to have to deal with dishonest/deceptive billing practices.

Pros

Easy to use and implement. Pretty basic.

Cons

THEY'LL RUN YOUR CARD WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION. When done in error, they refuse to give refunds. Dishonest billing practices. Not responsive customer service.

Ease of use

Response from Promo

Hello Bill, Thanks for posting, and we have looked further into this for you. As agreed with you last year, you had a discount on your monthly plan for 12 months which was valid until February inclusively. As discount was over as scheduled, the price went back to the original one starting from March. As we can see you have contacted us via email, and to help you out, we offered you 2 free months plus discount for 12 months after 2 free months are over. We are sorry that both options did not work for you. I have also contacted you via email and would be happy to further discuss any questions that you have. You can email us at support@promo.com. Thanks

Replied April 2022

Arheer

September 2022

Create videos and share on social media using Promo.com

Promo.com allowed us create videos in multiple formats may it be 1:1. 9:16, or 16:9. Also, it is easy to convert videos from one format to another.

Pros

- Promo.com can help you create business videos that can be used for social media marketing - Promo.com has a large number of social media templates - Has huge image and music library

Cons

- Does not have functionality to change video speed in order to make time-lapse or slow-motion videos - You cannot upload your fonts to the tool

Reasons for switching to Promo.com

Promo.com supports social media scheduling as well

Best Product For video Promotions on social media

Promo.com made our business to achieve higher results and enagagements in social media platforms. i strongly recommend to try this product for those who are struggling to find the right platfrom for the social media content.

Pros

This software has some incredible features that can help me customize the video ads according to the size and dimensions of the required social media platforms that you can publish. It has an integrated solution where you can publish the video directly into the respective social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, etc) I do like the fact that you can actually customize and reimagine to design your own creative video with existing opensourced content or you can use your own cotent with these templates. There are 1000s of existing templates for quick and quality video ads to publish within a fraction of minutes. I love the product as it is so easy for beginners to start editing the video content.

Cons

There is noting to worry about this product. once you start using it, you will definitly love it.

Reasons for switching to Promo.com

animoto is not user friendly product while compared to promo. Promo made life lot easier than it was before with animoto

Eyüp

May 2022

Promo.com EO

The people around me like to watch the videos I create. This increases my motivation.

Pros

There are many features that are very helpful in creativity when creating and editing videos. This creates very good content.

Cons

It can be difficult to reach customer service when there are some problems. They help of course, but until they do, I usually take care of myself.

Reasons for switching to Promo.com

I am very happy with all of them. I use all of them individually according to their best features.

Marcos

Excellent application to create social media videos in minutes and without complications.

Pros

Although we are a video company, we are not all geniuses creating videos. That's why this tool worked very well for our sales and marketing team, since it allowed any employee to create interesting pieces and engaging, without needing to have editing notions (it only takes a little creativity!) They have an impressive and very large library of music and video clips that you can use in your videos. The editor is very simple and easy to use. If you need it, they have enough support material for you to learn how to use the tool. In general, they have many interesting things that will make creating videos for networks much more effective and eye-catching.

Cons

It has certain limitations, which depending on your needs, objectives and experience, can be frustrating. For example, I only managed to edit videos that are on the platform. I did not find a way to upload my own video from my computer. Likewise, the "free" version is not really free, since you can not download the videos you make, which by the way, have a maximum duration of 15 sec (in the free version). While it works properly, the relation between the price and not being able to upload own videos made us keep looking for other options.

Sumit

Easy to use with amazing customer support

Pros

Easy to use ,intuitive user experience . Dose not require expensive product licenses. Reduced dependency of having a large team of professionals for video editing etc . Saves lot of time and help prioritize other important tasks . Best part is its support , which is always available 24X7 hand holding the user to solve any challenges right from helping them understand a feature or solving a billing issue.

Cons

You need a good processing power in your computer to run the system . While it works okay in low internet speed a system like latest MacBook Pro or Windows system with i7 and 16 GB ram is best for product.

Unethical conduct in billing

They dropped their price by about 60% because the rest of industry offered the same service for that price point. They auto renewed us for the full price. Then when we said cancel it, they offered us a "discount" of the amount they never should have charged. They asked if we wanted the discount deal or cancel, we said cancel. They said "too late" you missed the cut off, read our policy. We are done. We will not do business with a company that acts this way. They got to keep our money but we are not using their service.

Pros

The ease and product were equal to others in the industry.

Cons

Their customer service and business ethics.

Response from Promo

Hi there, Thanks for reaching out, and we would be happy to take a look into your account to help out. We were unable to locate your account. Can you email our team at support@promo.com, and we will answer within a few minutes, our support team is here 24/7 to provide immediate support? All monthly and annual plans can be canceled from within the billing section of the website if you decide not to continue. Thank You

Replied January 2022

Riley

Amazing Platform

The customer support has been unmatched, they have helped us even when it was our own mistake in reading information when we signed up and discounted our service. Also having that instant support with the chat and being able to fix small platform errors in only a few minutes could not be better. We got promo thinking we would make a few videos and cancel but since then it has helped get more people to our social pages and has let us show our services in a different way to our website visitors.

Pros

The quality of all of the video content whether it be premium or free content they are made beautifully. It is easy to customize any videos that work best for who you are advertising to and with our target market being health care professionals it is great to have so much healthcare related content to grow our social media and website.

Cons

I would like to be able to change font size within the text box, also be able to have two text boxes appear simultaneously within the same time frame.

Reasons for choosing Promo.com

The content on promo is miles ahead of any of the competition with videos that are diverse and are made properly. No matter what you are selling promo will have a vast video library for your product or service.

Reasons for switching to Promo.com

We actually did choose powtoon and purchased an annual plan we are currently trying to get out of because we have made close to 20 videos with promo and only 1 using powtoon due to the fact they only have 25 medical related videos(which are just bottles of pills and only last for 10 seconds) for the last 4 months of being a client.

Richard

1 click video editing and publishing tool for social media marketing.

I decided to recommend this software to be used by our marketing team, we were looking for a solution to create and promote video advertising across our social media platforms. I was able to signup and begin using promo.com immediately with little or no training necessary, in less than 1 hour I was able to produce high quality video advertising clips that were being distributed to Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Promo.com is cloud based, cutting edge video editing and publishing.

Pros

Promo.com is very user friendly, I like the features that allow you to publish directly to your social media outlets. This is great software for marketing teams to use across the board. I love the product support and customer service, I highly recommend this software for anyone looking to grow their social media presence and who needs a tool to create engaging video content.

Cons

Promo.com is so good it has nothing bad about it.

Reasons for choosing Promo.com

Promo.com was much easier to use, had loads of built in features for social media publishing and was just overall user friendly. Not to mention their great product support and customer service.

Syed

'A dynamic platform to create your dream content'

As I stated, I like to use this tool so, my overall experience with Promo.com is wonderful. This tool makes my job super easy.

Pros

I am using this tool for a long time and I really enjoy working with Promo.com. This is an amazing resource that allows you to create wonderful videos even if you have a small budget. They have a lot of the latest features and functions which is totally helpful to be creative with your editing. Promo.com has a massive collection of video clips that are really wonderful. I would say promo.com is a great tool and with it you can smoothly customize your content, logo, post, greetings wish, social media ads, and more. I like to use huge collections of templates.

Cons

I use this tool regularly and I create a lot of content but sometimes I observed that glitches occurred with my content. Which was really disappointing. I think they sould work on this.

Eric C.

Promo works well for simple videos but could be better

I don't use it as much anymore because the product simply hasn't evolved the way I want it to so that I can get the creative results I want. It's somewhat frustrating. We do still use it though. It enables me to do a custom video of 10 - 30 seconds quickly and easily. I own an executive recruiting firm and we produce a custom video to accompany every new job search, pushing it out over social media and on our website.

Pros

Promo is relatively simple to use, even for non-tech people. There is a wide range (millions they claim) of video clips available and a pretty good selection of music---all royalty-free. You own the final product and can do whatever you want with it. The price is moderate.

Cons

Promo began by allowing users to start from scratch with a blank template, but then created their own templates that you are forced to use or get creative about to customize. No amount of logic or pleading with their customer service ever made a difference. Their in-house creative videos are almost all really amateurish creatively, except for the exercise videos. The music selection hasn't seemed to expand or improve much during the two years I have used Promo. So, you have to work with what they have, which isn't all that bad. They are always trying to upsell me on a plan I don't want. Some of the instructions on how to use their products are confusing. Despite repeated requests for the capability of doing voiceover narration with the videos, they still do not offer this. A partnership with VoiceBunny or Voices.com or Fiverr would enable users to hire voiceover talent to create videos that didn't just consist of video, slides, and music.

Fiona