What are Raven Tools users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Raven Tools software through verified user reviews

• icon"It's easy to use and the integrations allow me to create custom reports that speak directly to the clients data-driven communications and fundraising challenges and opportunities."
  • icon"The thing I like best is the way that they bring so many aspects of understanding a client's online presence into a single interface."
  • icon"I like the ease it can do programatic site audits of websites to help with landing new customers as well as finding issues with current customers."
  • icon"Sometimes the reports just stop working or data stops pulling in - not too frequent but have to delete/re-connect tools sometimes."
  • icon"I get frustrated with the limitations of number of properties we can search with the account type we have."
  • icon"Sometimes it is a bit difficult to find deeper data and needs more clicks to check one by one. Although I guess it is not the problem of the software, it's about my impatience."

Browse all Raven Tools Reviews

• Have you used Raven Tools and would like to share your experience with others?

Frank

Raven is my favourite

what is the "path" customers took to find our page and buy/call?

Pros

raven connects to searchconsole, analytics, ads and other real data, combines this data and gives a comprehensive overview that answers questions.

Cons

i can't think of any that i don't like about raven seo tools.

Reasons for choosing Raven Tools

i do also have a subscription for MOZ, but this is far more expensive than raven. customers are not willing to pay for extra-tools BUT want reports and insights. so raven is the tool that satisfies all needs.

Ron

Well Rounded Set of Tools

It's been good but a mixed bag. Lots of tools, lots of options, lots of reporting but as social media became a GREAT foot in the door for SEO, as SEO gets redefined AS anywhere you find information INCLUDING social, dropping the social media monitor was a very dumb decision on their end. Adding a collaborative module could only help make our businesses grow.

Pros

I like the ease of use, the way things are organized, and the vast selection of tools from a keyword manager to come competitive intelligence tools as well as the reporting.

Cons

One of the many challenges is the loss of features. The Social Media Monitor was awesome and a great tool for getting clients in the door. Losing this tool was crippling. The support is less than encouraging. I've met some of the people at various local events like PodCamp but despite the fact that they were 1 mile from where I lived, they refused to even say hello in person. To me that wasn't very cool at all. I could have walked to where they were but they were insistant on never meeting in person. Even Facebook and Google allow people to meet the staff.

Reasons for choosing Raven Tools

I needed somewhere that could function both as a workspace and as research / marketing tool.

Brian

An All In One Online Marketing Tool That Falls A Little Short

We have used it with many clients, but are now starting to work with other tools that offer more features.

Pros

I like how easy the interface is, and really liked their pricing before they changed plans. The tool has a number of features, from reporting to audits to seo monitoring. The ability to grant clients access and even order certain seo tasks, like content, from the backend is convenient.

Cons

Seems like all the features are just not feature rich, and don't go as far nor as deep as their competitors. The competition is becoming more robust in their offerings and their tools seem to offer more functionality. I think Raven is now playing catchup. The reporting too, yes is easy to setup up, but now with Google Data Studio being free, really lags behind what's available for free.

Reasons for choosing Raven Tools

At the time, the pricing was very attractive and the features were comparable. Now, the pricing model has changed and the tool, overall, lags behind the competition. Don't think I'd make the same decision today.

February 2022

Raven Tools Review

Raven Tools is a good tool overall, but falls short of tools SEMrush, ahrefs, and even Moz.

Pros

I think the keyword research side of Raven is the most attractive thing about the software. It's easy to use and gives great data.

Cons

I don't think it's super user friendly. There are a lot of tools, but they aren't all easy to find or navigate too.

Jake

One of the Best SEO Tools

Very good! We transitioned over from SEMrush and it's a night and day difference. SEMrush is fairly complicated to use and does not cater to smaller businesses. Raven Tools gives us all of the tool necessary to perform effective SEO and detailed reporting.

Pros

I really love the ease of use for the backlink explorer as well as the way the reporting dashboard feels and displays information. It really makes our small digital marketing company look that much more professional and increases our SEO workflow and productivity.

Cons

There doesn't seem to be a way to automate reports to show last month's data over the previous month, ie month-over-month automated reports. We've tried reaching out to support on this and haven't gotten anything back in regards to if this is possible or not. It seems like a basic thing to do as there are a ton of applications for continues month-over-month reporting that doesn't have to be manually set each month. This wastes a lot of time, especially when you have dozens of clients expecting reports on the 3rd of the month.

Reasons for choosing Raven Tools

Functionality and pricing. Acquisio and WordStream are hefty bills to swallow for a small agency. SpyFu is really good but it's a reporting tool, not really an action tool. We wanted both without having to pay two invoices to two different companies.

Reasons for switching to Raven Tools

It wasn't user-friendly, in my opinion. There were a lot of features that had me gravitate to them initially like global, over-time keyword ranking and improvement scores but it actually wasn't applicable to smaller businesses. The reports weren't as clean, easy to edit, or even as easy to set-up. On top of that, I think we were paying more too. Raven Tools was definitely a breath of fresh air and took a load off of our shoulders.

Brian

Great SEO Software

Overall it has been a great experience, I sat in on a couple of your Webinars about the new features coming out. Your software is less confusing than others that I have used and seems to be more accurate about keyword ranking for sure. Keep up the good work!

Pros

I really like how you can change the location, device & metrics, in the graphs to display different sets of information. The backlink explorer is really handy for checking to see if your getting credit for recently added backlinks. Repeating keywords to show how you are showing up in google SERPs is also very handy.

Cons

The errors for your website could be displayed better, or add a way to disable some errors. I have a few instances that say an external link is invalid when i know it is valid but there is no way for me to mark it as fixed or working. I wish the software had AMP related areas or a way to show if my AMP sites are organized correctly.

Reasons for choosing Raven Tools

KNoestly we use both but I prefer raven due to its accuracy for the keywords and the ease of use. SEMrush sometimes is overwhelming when looking for tools i want to use. They also rename and move them around in the web app making it hard sometimes to find what i used last week to reuse it again.

Katie

Great All-in-One Tool

All in all, we have been happy with our Raven experience. The reports are very customizable and visually appealing.

Pros

Being able to integrate Call Rail with Raven has been very helpful in our reporting to clients.

Cons

Being able to see the areas of the SERP where a keyword can rank (like SEMRush does) would be a beneficial feature. Additionally, some sort of topic research to aid content creators in looking into potential article keywords/topics is lacking

Reasons for choosing Raven Tools

Having all features (Technical Audits, Keyword Ranking, Keyword Research, and Content Management under one tool/login was the largest selling feature. Pricing was also competitive.

Mary

Raven Tools for Agency

We primarily use Raven Tool for our monthly reporting and for providing a consistent client conversation. We have not utilized the other tools fully but I am beginning to turn to the Site Audit Studio for our team to keep current on necessary actions.

Pros

Consolidation of reporting for various initiatives.

Cons

The WYSIWYG software is not as customizable as I would like specifically for pulling Google Analytics data.

Reasons for choosing Raven Tools

I use both - SEMRush I prefer for technical review but I prefer Raven Tools for reporting. Plus I am from Nashville and Raven is local.

kaylee

Digital Marketing Agency Review

It has really made reporting a breeze for the most part for us. It really simplifies our monthly/quarterly reporting process, and it gives us a lot of quick insights for status updates.

Pros

I like the quick and easy reporting features. Love the big picture insights. Love the graphs and visual interface.

Cons

Sometimes digging deeper is hard. I had some instances where being able to specifically report on particular segments would have been super useful but I was unable to do so with the constraints of the software. Also adding screenshots and secondary imagery in the reporting interface is pretty tedious.

Usability, Interface, Reviews.

Reasons for switching to Raven Tools

We still utilize Analytics for deeper dives, but this provides good big picture info for reporting in a very user friendly format.

Jonas

Good at covering the basics

Pros

Easy to use and provides the ability to track ranking of key terms over time. Multiple domain tracking and reporting. Quickly aggregates on-page optimization opportunities across the entire site.

Cons

Dashboards and reports allow for customization, but customization options are pre-set and don't allow for "deep" customization. Pulled data still requires quite a bit of manual work cleaning the data, pivoting, and and visualization.

Reasons for choosing Raven Tools

Raven Tools provided us a low-cost entry point with the ability to track improvements in SERP rankings over time.

Rob

Great set of tools

Raven tools saves me buckets of time by allowing me to pull multiple data points from one place and set up recurring reports for my clients. As a small 2 person shop it definitely saves me hours of time that easily make up for the cost of the software.

Pros

The vast majority of the work I do with the software involves the diagnostic tools (Keyword tracking, technical site scan, domain metrics) and reporting. The diagnostic tools are fast and have all the information that I need to perform a site audit quickly. The reporting functionality can be a life saver - youo can easily apply logos and data points to the report and set them up to run automatically. This saves a lot of time for reporting and provides great detail to my clients on the progress of their site or paid campaigns.

Cons

Most of my gripes are nit picky items that I wish they would implement. I would like to be able to see over time information for domain metrics (domain authority, quality score, etc). This would make it easier for me to report growth and progress in those areas. The reporting also could use a little more flexibility - currently there is not the ability to add Users to Google analytics reports - for those clients that want to see how many individuals (vs sessions) view their site I have to find an alternative. Some of the stock reports also require some manipulation to provide meaningful visual data as well.

Reasons for choosing Raven Tools

I actually didn't choose Raven Tools over SEM Rush - I choose both as both have strong suits. SEM rush has domain data over time and does a great job of proposing alternative SEO strategies for my clients. I use Raven tools primarily for site audits, domain comparisons and the reporting is a much better tool to schedule and provide overall website data to my clients. Would love to move fully to one or the other, but so far they both cover their costs and provide strong suits in different areas.

Christopher

Long Term User but Need a little More

I think it's a good product and I've been using it for a long time, but based on the fact that I can't get some relatively simple historical trending data, I will be looking for another product that will fit my need pretty soon.

Pros

I like the ease it can do programatic site audits of websites to help with landing new customers as well as finding issues with current customers. We use Raven's reporting capability to generate our monthly Organic SEO reports for customers but we use another product to handle the PPC reports. I like the general reporting functions but need improvements here.

Cons

As mentioned we use Raven for our monthly Organic SEO reporting for customers. It does a good job of comparing month to month, but it does not do a very good job of showing a customers SEO trend over a period of time. For example, I would like to show simple graphs of various SEO metrics over a year such as how your Clicks and Conversions trended on a graph over a year. Or how much your traffic increased or decreased over a year. Or your average SEO ranking etc. That information is in a better format in Google Analytics than it is in Raven and I haven't found a way to pull that data for Raven and have it present in a way that is useful to someone to easily see the trend over a period of time. I can understand if it was a new customer and you had no historical information, but if I've been tracking Google Analytics data in Raven for a particular customer for 3-4 years and can't get to the historical info in a usable way, that's a problem. That's a very obvious data point to show customers and I can't get it from Raven currently (that I'm aware).

Reasons for choosing Raven Tools

The ease to run site audits and run monthly reporting.

Reasons for switching to Raven Tools

Raven was easier to use on a monthly basis than baseline Google Analytics and pulling data manually.

Michele

Saves SOOOOO much time and makes me look SOOOO smart!

Wonderful. One of the tools I couldn't survive without as an agency managing multiple companies.

Pros

I can research companies that aren't my clients yet and tell them things they don't know about their own site and competition. And once they are clients and I get access to ALL the data, they just think I'm a genius with superpowers! I set up automated reports to all my clients so I don't have to do that manually anymore, and it reminds me to take a peek once a week at the smaller accounts too. Great price, feature-packed. Can't say enough. Buy this, you won't regret it!

Cons

I with the social tools were stronger, I use a separate tool for tracking social (and pay a separate fee of course, such is life)

Ratio of Price vs. Features

isaac

very helpful for automating monthly reporting across our agency

it's been a solid tool allowing our agency to send out monthly reports on website traffic to hundreds of clients each month. there's definately efficiency gains we have experienced by using this software.

Pros

reporting for google analytics and google ads, then the ability to schedule a monthly email with attached PDF of the last 30 days. handles a large number of clients quite well, which is important. And the abilty to import a template report layout to a new campagin/property has been extremely useful (the software would not be viable for us without it)

Cons

SERP reporting. This is a bit heart breaking - the feature is there, our testing indicated that the results were accurate, but then we try to test it with a real client and it doesn't work. I think the reports run fine, but the RAVEN user interface is not capable of extracting the data out, and nobody in RAVEN support can extract this for us into csv or anything upon request. We needed to shop around for alternatives due to this issue not being prioritised as something to fix. I know it's only in BETA, and I know you can't guarantee it, but it's something that puts my raven subscription into question if I can find another tool that can handle my SERP requirements better, and my google analytics reporting just as well. stay tuned in this race to the door!

Ken

It's a great tool for occasional and everyday SEO work

Pros

It's full-featured and low cost makes it great for monitoring online marketing campaigns even if you're not actively working on them on a day-to-day basis. The data will be ready for you when needed. We use it for SEO and Google Ads reporting for our clients. It's also great for running SEO audits which can be used for existing clients and new business.

Cons

Most of the businesses we work with operate in our local market. Local audits are not Raven Tools strong area. We subscribe to another tool for the purpose in addition to Raven Tools.

Price, feature set

Jason

Reasons to Rave About Raven

I've been using Raven Tools now for a few years. I first got attached to the people behind Raven before I really started using their product. They seemed to develop the tool based on the needs and feedback of their users. For me, Raven offers one of the most comprehensive collection of tools for the monthly fee. The amazing thing too is the amount of tools and features included in the package that I don't even touch. I really should dig into those deeper and begin using them. There are a few things that I wish they'd add to the functionality, but because of my conversations with the support team and owner, I know the reasons why these tools still aren't included in the package just yet. Other limits are because of the services being used that haven't opened up their API's yet for a quality integration. And if Raven is going to add a function, they're going to make sure it's top of the line. There are times when I debate whether or not I should continue my monthly subscription. Every month though I end up looking to cut expenses somewhere else so I can maintain my Raven Tools accessibility.

Pros

Loaded with features for an affordable monthly price.

Cons

Sometimes the customization options for the reporting doesn't quite give you what you're needing.

Great website marketing tool

Pros

Plenty of features with the option to white label the system for clients. Creating automated reports is a huge timesaver and being able to work on multiple sites at the same time.

Cons

The user interfacer can sometimes feel a little clunky.

Guy

So good I cannot find an alternative

Excellent. I've enjoyed working with RavenTools, it's self-explanatory, controllable, customisable and a first-rate all-round SEO reporting/analysis tool, I've tried much of the competition and nothing yet has beaten Raven tools. I'm not always sure Raven Tools know how good they are.

Pros

RavenTools gives me a one-stop-access-shop for all my SEO Reporting needs, clients can also access and the suite of tools offered is pretty comprehensive. It's a full solution, unlike anything any of their competitors can offer. The thing I like most is the fully customizable reporting.

Cons

Neglect, sadly Raventools feels a bit neglected these days, the rate of new features has slowed down and some 'must-haves' never seem to get done, for example, Instagram Integration... My second regret is page load times, I appreciate that some of the data being loading in the background is complicated, but the load times fo pages is slow.

Pricing, Offering and Reporting

Reasons for switching to Raven Tools

RavenTools offered reporting and a fuller more rounded experience.

Joel

Great tool at a fair price.

It's been great for automating our reporting. And managing multiple data sources into one report.

Pros

The ease of connecting multiple datasources is great. The simple project management and profiles are an easy way to track campaigns.

Cons

The design options for the reporting, and the price compared to Google Data Studio. GDS is doing scheduled reporting now which is what our main reason for using Raven Tools was. We are trying to implement more of the Raven Tools features into our business to justify the cost but have not yet decided if it's worth the money.

AgencyAnalytics

Cost

Reasons for switching to Raven Tools

At the time Google Data Studio didn't offer scheduled reporting.

Jamin

Feature Packed

Our clients were impressed by the reporting and when we used the software consistently we saw excellent results in increasing site rankings.

Pros

The site reviews are exhaustive which is great for showing clients when we first audit their sites. The site comparisons have been quite useful as well when we are working with clients in a crowded space.

Cons

Due to the advanced nature of the software it’s not always clear for new users how and when you would utilize certain tools and techniques.

Price and features

Jason

Great, Reliable Product for Marketing Reports

Great experience overall. Haven't needed much support. Easy to use!

Pros

Customization, white labeling, integrations

Cons

Miss the old PDF reports, although the new ones are nice too

Reasons for choosing Raven Tools

We used to use Moz Pro for a variety of things outside of just reporting, and I considered using their reports but Raven is by far superior from the reporting aspect

Reasons for switching to Raven Tools

Better UI, costs were more favorable, more tailored to what we needed vs. WebCEO which wasn't as customizable

DAVID

Come a Long Way

Was with the before and left, they changed a few things and now it's the best!

Pros

SEO Audit and Keyword Tracking are really strong. Audit is very in depth and technical.

Cons

Local tracking could be better, but still better than most. The other features more than make up for it.

Cristina Ferreira

You can see everything you need for your strategies marketing

Raven let you know and put the metrics from several channels, like Analytics, AdWords, Facebook and others in same place (dashboard or report for example). It is possible share reports with our customers and use this in meeting for example, whithout costs. It is great.

Pros

I like how can make fast your reports, to add metrics and organize them into reports.

Cons

Sometimes, I don't know what happen but the graphics are losted. You need to make the session again and the graphics are showed again. Another thing that I don't like is when the important features change and I need to change in my reports too.

Kelly

Best Value for Digital Agencies

Raven solves core business efficiency problems for agencies in that it consolidates multiple tools into one and saves them money and time, making them look like rockstars to their prospects and clients.

Pros

The sheer number of tools available within this software is incredible compared to the cost per month. I recommend it to many of the agencies I work with, as we used it at my former agency with great success in being able to offer technical site audits, automate reporting (including organic and paid search, social media and email marketing via APIs), keep tabs on competitors, monitor position for targeted keywords, and more.

Cons

There are some slight limitations on the presentation of data (ie. single metric on a blank page when exporting a report, etc.)

Reasons for choosing Raven Tools

Raven included nearly all of the functionality of the options considered and at a lower cost per month.

Ulysses

A Go-To Tool for Any Marketeer

I have been using them for years now and with only a few cons, the over-all program works great.

Pros

Customer service, price, and most of the features. Aside from some of the features that may be Ahrefs has above Raven, it would almost be deemed worthy enough and it could one day be referenced as a One-Stop Access Shop... Just not yet.. But looking forward to when it is and have faith one-day it might be.

Cons

It's operating system lags and can take time to propagate data, even on wired-fiber-optic internet.

Raven Tools