• Pros

• "Comprehensive and very user friendly, a lot of value for the money"

• "I like the quick and easy reporting features. Love the big picture insights. Love the graphs and visual interface."

• "Easy of use and able to create a professional report with lots of details in part due to its integrations."

• Cons

• "Rank tracking wasn't great and felt a little clunky compared to other rank tracking options. A few other tools did better jobs at providing specific data, but overall it's a good option. "

• "Miss the old PDF reports, although the new ones are nice too"

• "Local tracking could be better, but still better than most. The other features more than make up for it."

Browse Raven Tools Reviews

Frank from PHOENIXSEO.de Frank Pfabigan e.K.

Raven is my favourite

what is the "path" customers took to find our page and buy/call?

Pros

raven connects to searchconsole, analytics, ads and other real data, combines this data and gives a comprehensive overview that answers questions.

Cons

i can't think of any that i don't like about raven seo tools.

Reasons for Choosing Raven Tools

i do also have a subscription for MOZ, but this is far more expensive than raven. customers are not willing to pay for extra-tools BUT want reports and insights. so raven is the tool that satisfies all needs.

Jake from Evergrow Marketing

One of the Best SEO Tools

Very good! We transitioned over from SEMrush and it's a night and day difference. SEMrush is fairly complicated to use and does not cater to smaller businesses. Raven Tools gives us all of the tool necessary to perform effective SEO and detailed reporting.

Pros

I really love the ease of use for the backlink explorer as well as the way the reporting dashboard feels and displays information. It really makes our small digital marketing company look that much more professional and increases our SEO workflow and productivity.

Cons

There doesn't seem to be a way to automate reports to show last month's data over the previous month, ie month-over-month automated reports. We've tried reaching out to support on this and haven't gotten anything back in regards to if this is possible or not. It seems like a basic thing to do as there are a ton of applications for continues month-over-month reporting that doesn't have to be manually set each month. This wastes a lot of time, especially when you have dozens of clients expecting reports on the 3rd of the month.

Reasons for Choosing Raven Tools

Functionality and pricing. Acquisio and WordStream are hefty bills to swallow for a small agency. SpyFu is really good but it's a reporting tool, not really an action tool. We wanted both without having to pay two invoices to two different companies.

Jessica from BrandSpark Inc.

You Solve One Problem... Reporting but its not worth that much

Google Analytics integration - awesome - google search console integration - awesome, social posting tool - you need instagram reminders to stay competitive - I would use otherwise, team integration - awesome -

Pros

I love your reporting tool. It is easy to integrate and the web option is amazing. I wish I had enough money to just use your reporting tool.

Cons

The content to wordpress tool - broken, technical audit tool - most likely the worst I have seen.

Reasons for Choosing Raven Tools

Pricing - and mostly your reporting tool. I have really been rooting for you to win - but.. the technical SEO tool is sad... and I simply cannot work with that. It's too important and my budget is limited.

Ron from Lemur Technology LLC

Well Rounded Set of Tools

It's been good but a mixed bag. Lots of tools, lots of options, lots of reporting but as social media became a GREAT foot in the door for SEO, as SEO gets redefined AS anywhere you find information INCLUDING social, dropping the social media monitor was a very dumb decision on their end. Adding a collaborative module could only help make our businesses grow.

Pros

I like the ease of use, the way things are organized, and the vast selection of tools from a keyword manager to come competitive intelligence tools as well as the reporting.

Cons

One of the many challenges is the loss of features. The Social Media Monitor was awesome and a great tool for getting clients in the door. Losing this tool was crippling. The support is less than encouraging. I've met some of the people at various local events like PodCamp but despite the fact that they were 1 mile from where I lived, they refused to even say hello in person. To me that wasn't very cool at all. I could have walked to where they were but they were insistant on never meeting in person. Even Facebook and Google allow people to meet the staff.

Reasons for Choosing Raven Tools

I needed somewhere that could function both as a workspace and as research / marketing tool.

Katie from Level 10 Contractor

Great All-in-One Tool

All in all, we have been happy with our Raven experience. The reports are very customizable and visually appealing.

Pros

Being able to integrate Call Rail with Raven has been very helpful in our reporting to clients.

Cons

Being able to see the areas of the SERP where a keyword can rank (like SEMRush does) would be a beneficial feature. Additionally, some sort of topic research to aid content creators in looking into potential article keywords/topics is lacking

Reasons for Choosing Raven Tools

Having all features (Technical Audits, Keyword Ranking, Keyword Research, and Content Management under one tool/login was the largest selling feature. Pricing was also competitive.

Joel from Webbros Digital

Great tool at a fair price.

It's been great for automating our reporting. And managing multiple data sources into one report.

Pros

The ease of connecting multiple datasources is great. The simple project management and profiles are an easy way to track campaigns.

Cons

The design options for the reporting, and the price compared to Google Data Studio. GDS is doing scheduled reporting now which is what our main reason for using Raven Tools was. We are trying to implement more of the Raven Tools features into our business to justify the cost but have not yet decided if it's worth the money.

Cost

kaylee from The Design Group

Digital Marketing Agency Review

It has really made reporting a breeze for the most part for us. It really simplifies our monthly/quarterly reporting process, and it gives us a lot of quick insights for status updates.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes digging deeper is hard. I had some instances where being able to specifically report on particular segments would have been super useful but I was unable to do so with the constraints of the software. Also adding screenshots and secondary imagery in the reporting interface is pretty tedious.

Usability, Interface, Reviews.

Mary from Views Digital Marketing

Raven Tools for Agency

We primarily use Raven Tool for our monthly reporting and for providing a consistent client conversation. We have not utilized the other tools fully but I am beginning to turn to the Site Audit Studio for our team to keep current on necessary actions.

Pros

Consolidation of reporting for various initiatives.

Cons

The WYSIWYG software is not as customizable as I would like specifically for pulling Google Analytics data.

Reasons for Choosing Raven Tools

I use both - SEMRush I prefer for technical review but I prefer Raven Tools for reporting. Plus I am from Nashville and Raven is local.

Jonas from SoundHound Inc.

Good at covering the basics

Pros

Easy to use and provides the ability to track ranking of key terms over time. Multiple domain tracking and reporting. Quickly aggregates on-page optimization opportunities across the entire site.

Cons

Dashboards and reports allow for customization, but customization options are pre-set and don't allow for "deep" customization. Pulled data still requires quite a bit of manual work cleaning the data, pivoting, and and visualization.

Reasons for Choosing Raven Tools

Raven Tools provided us a low-cost entry point with the ability to track improvements in SERP rankings over time.

Alex from Insite Advice

One of my go to tools, especially for monthly reports

I check it almost daily for my clients' digital campaigns and we send detailed monthly reports to all our clients.

Pros

It connects most of my other tools well, such as google analytics and search console. We use it primarily for its attractive reporting that pulls all the data together to present to our clients

Cons

The ranking feature of it is not as good as other ranking tools I use, and the cost for that can be expensive as well.

Rob from Decker, Steele & Associates

Great set of tools

Raven tools saves me buckets of time by allowing me to pull multiple data points from one place and set up recurring reports for my clients. As a small 2 person shop it definitely saves me hours of time that easily make up for the cost of the software.

Pros

The vast majority of the work I do with the software involves the diagnostic tools (Keyword tracking, technical site scan, domain metrics) and reporting. The diagnostic tools are fast and have all the information that I need to perform a site audit quickly. The reporting functionality can be a life saver - youo can easily apply logos and data points to the report and set them up to run automatically. This saves a lot of time for reporting and provides great detail to my clients on the progress of their site or paid campaigns.

Cons

Most of my gripes are nit picky items that I wish they would implement. I would like to be able to see over time information for domain metrics (domain authority, quality score, etc). This would make it easier for me to report growth and progress in those areas. The reporting also could use a little more flexibility - currently there is not the ability to add Users to Google analytics reports - for those clients that want to see how many individuals (vs sessions) view their site I have to find an alternative. Some of the stock reports also require some manipulation to provide meaningful visual data as well.

Reasons for Choosing Raven Tools

I actually didn't choose Raven Tools over SEM Rush - I choose both as both have strong suits. SEM rush has domain data over time and does a great job of proposing alternative SEO strategies for my clients. I use Raven tools primarily for site audits, domain comparisons and the reporting is a much better tool to schedule and provide overall website data to my clients. Would love to move fully to one or the other, but so far they both cover their costs and provide strong suits in different areas.

Christopher from Mobile Associates

Long Term User but Need a little More

I think it's a good product and I've been using it for a long time, but based on the fact that I can't get some relatively simple historical trending data, I will be looking for another product that will fit my need pretty soon.

Pros

I like the ease it can do programatic site audits of websites to help with landing new customers as well as finding issues with current customers. We use Raven's reporting capability to generate our monthly Organic SEO reports for customers but we use another product to handle the PPC reports. I like the general reporting functions but need improvements here.

Cons

As mentioned we use Raven for our monthly Organic SEO reporting for customers. It does a good job of comparing month to month, but it does not do a very good job of showing a customers SEO trend over a period of time. For example, I would like to show simple graphs of various SEO metrics over a year such as how your Clicks and Conversions trended on a graph over a year. Or how much your traffic increased or decreased over a year. Or your average SEO ranking etc. That information is in a better format in Google Analytics than it is in Raven and I haven't found a way to pull that data for Raven and have it present in a way that is useful to someone to easily see the trend over a period of time. I can understand if it was a new customer and you had no historical information, but if I've been tracking Google Analytics data in Raven for a particular customer for 3-4 years and can't get to the historical info in a usable way, that's a problem. That's a very obvious data point to show customers and I can't get it from Raven currently (that I'm aware).

Reasons for Choosing Raven Tools

The ease to run site audits and run monthly reporting.

Brian from Morton Vardeman & Carlson

Great SEO Software

Overall it has been a great experience, I sat in on a couple of your Webinars about the new features coming out. Your software is less confusing than others that I have used and seems to be more accurate about keyword ranking for sure. Keep up the good work!

Pros

I really like how you can change the location, device & metrics, in the graphs to display different sets of information. The backlink explorer is really handy for checking to see if your getting credit for recently added backlinks. Repeating keywords to show how you are showing up in google SERPs is also very handy.

Cons

The errors for your website could be displayed better, or add a way to disable some errors. I have a few instances that say an external link is invalid when i know it is valid but there is no way for me to mark it as fixed or working. I wish the software had AMP related areas or a way to show if my AMP sites are organized correctly.

Reasons for Choosing Raven Tools

KNoestly we use both but I prefer raven due to its accuracy for the keywords and the ease of use. SEMrush sometimes is overwhelming when looking for tools i want to use. They also rename and move them around in the web app making it hard sometimes to find what i used last week to reuse it again.

isaac from wordjack media

very helpful for automating monthly reporting across our agency

it's been a solid tool allowing our agency to send out monthly reports on website traffic to hundreds of clients each month. there's definately efficiency gains we have experienced by using this software.

Pros

reporting for google analytics and google ads, then the ability to schedule a monthly email with attached PDF of the last 30 days. handles a large number of clients quite well, which is important. And the abilty to import a template report layout to a new campagin/property has been extremely useful (the software would not be viable for us without it)

Cons

SERP reporting. This is a bit heart breaking - the feature is there, our testing indicated that the results were accurate, but then we try to test it with a real client and it doesn't work. I think the reports run fine, but the RAVEN user interface is not capable of extracting the data out, and nobody in RAVEN support can extract this for us into csv or anything upon request. We needed to shop around for alternatives due to this issue not being prioritised as something to fix. I know it's only in BETA, and I know you can't guarantee it, but it's something that puts my raven subscription into question if I can find another tool that can handle my SERP requirements better, and my google analytics reporting just as well. stay tuned in this race to the door!

Jason from Bnpositive Communication

Reasons to Rave About Raven

I've been using Raven Tools now for a few years. I first got attached to the people behind Raven before I really started using their product. They seemed to develop the tool based on the needs and feedback of their users. For me, Raven offers one of the most comprehensive collection of tools for the monthly fee. The amazing thing too is the amount of tools and features included in the package that I don't even touch. I really should dig into those deeper and begin using them. There are a few things that I wish they'd add to the functionality, but because of my conversations with the support team and owner, I know the reasons why these tools still aren't included in the package just yet. Other limits are because of the services being used that haven't opened up their API's yet for a quality integration. And if Raven is going to add a function, they're going to make sure it's top of the line. There are times when I debate whether or not I should continue my monthly subscription. Every month though I end up looking to cut expenses somewhere else so I can maintain my Raven Tools accessibility.

Pros

Loaded with features for an affordable monthly price.

Cons

Sometimes the customization options for the reporting doesn't quite give you what you're needing.

Guy from NCompass Ltd

So good I cannot find an alternative

Excellent. I've enjoyed working with RavenTools, it's self-explanatory, controllable, customisable and a first-rate all-round SEO reporting/analysis tool, I've tried much of the competition and nothing yet has beaten Raven tools. I'm not always sure Raven Tools know how good they are.

Pros

RavenTools gives me a one-stop-access-shop for all my SEO Reporting needs, clients can also access and the suite of tools offered is pretty comprehensive. It's a full solution, unlike anything any of their competitors can offer. The thing I like most is the fully customizable reporting.

Cons

Neglect, sadly Raventools feels a bit neglected these days, the rate of new features has slowed down and some 'must-haves' never seem to get done, for example, Instagram Integration... My second regret is page load times, I appreciate that some of the data being loading in the background is complicated, but the load times fo pages is slow.

Pricing, Offering and Reporting

Michele from Choice Adaptive

Saves SOOOOO much time and makes me look SOOOO smart!

Wonderful. One of the tools I couldn't survive without as an agency managing multiple companies.

Pros

I can research companies that aren't my clients yet and tell them things they don't know about their own site and competition. And once they are clients and I get access to ALL the data, they just think I'm a genius with superpowers! I set up automated reports to all my clients so I don't have to do that manually anymore, and it reminds me to take a peek once a week at the smaller accounts too. Great price, feature-packed. Can't say enough. Buy this, you won't regret it!

Cons

I with the social tools were stronger, I use a separate tool for tracking social (and pay a separate fee of course, such is life)

Jason from Accelerank

Great, Reliable Product for Marketing Reports

Great experience overall. Haven't needed much support. Easy to use!

Pros

Customization, white labeling, integrations

Cons

Miss the old PDF reports, although the new ones are nice too

Reasons for Choosing Raven Tools

We used to use Moz Pro for a variety of things outside of just reporting, and I considered using their reports but Raven is by far superior from the reporting aspect

Ken from Links Online Marketing ,LLC

It's a great tool for occasional and everyday SEO work

Pros

It's full-featured and low cost makes it great for monitoring online marketing campaigns even if you're not actively working on them on a day-to-day basis. The data will be ready for you when needed. We use it for SEO and Google Ads reporting for our clients. It's also great for running SEO audits which can be used for existing clients and new business.

Cons

Most of the businesses we work with operate in our local market. Local audits are not Raven Tools strong area. We subscribe to another tool for the purpose in addition to Raven Tools.

Andrew from A Digital

Great website marketing tool

Pros

Plenty of features with the option to white label the system for clients. Creating automated reports is a huge timesaver and being able to work on multiple sites at the same time.

Cons

The user interfacer can sometimes feel a little clunky.

Cristina Ferreira from Agência de Crescimento Marketing Digital

You can see everything you need for your strategies marketing

Raven let you know and put the metrics from several channels, like Analytics, AdWords, Facebook and others in same place (dashboard or report for example). It is possible share reports with our customers and use this in meeting for example, whithout costs. It is great.

Pros

I like how can make fast your reports, to add metrics and organize them into reports.

Cons

Sometimes, I don't know what happen but the graphics are losted. You need to make the session again and the graphics are showed again. Another thing that I don't like is when the important features change and I need to change in my reports too.

DAVID from Performance Driven Marketing

Come a Long Way

Was with the before and left, they changed a few things and now it's the best!

Pros

SEO Audit and Keyword Tracking are really strong. Audit is very in depth and technical.

Kelly from Agency Growth Consultant LLC

Best Value for Digital Agencies

Raven solves core business efficiency problems for agencies in that it consolidates multiple tools into one and saves them money and time, making them look like rockstars to their prospects and clients.

Pros

The sheer number of tools available within this software is incredible compared to the cost per month. I recommend it to many of the agencies I work with, as we used it at my former agency with great success in being able to offer technical site audits, automate reporting (including organic and paid search, social media and email marketing via APIs), keep tabs on competitors, monitor position for targeted keywords, and more.

Cons

There are some slight limitations on the presentation of data (ie. single metric on a blank page when exporting a report, etc.)

Reasons for Choosing Raven Tools

Raven included nearly all of the functionality of the options considered and at a lower cost per month.

Ulysses from MCity

A Go-To Tool for Any Marketeer

I have been using them for years now and with only a few cons, the over-all program works great.

Pros

Customer service, price, and most of the features. Aside from some of the features that may be Ahrefs has above Raven, it would almost be deemed worthy enough and it could one day be referenced as a One-Stop Access Shop... Just not yet.. But looking forward to when it is and have faith one-day it might be.

Cons

It's operating system lags and can take time to propagate data, even on wired-fiber-optic internet.

Tracy from M3 Strategic Marketing Ltd

Easy to use. Affordable.

Saves me two days a month writing client reports. That's worth every penny.

Pros

It's relatively easy to use, does what we need it to do. Makes reporting simple. Integrates with everything we need. Customisable. Cost effective. We like it, and probably don't use all the features we could to the maximum.

Cons

It sometimes doesn't save, but rarely. It would be useful to see links in the link manager feature globally, rather than individually. But that's not picking.

Courtney from Intellitonic

Great product that is easy to use

We started with RavenTools for reporting and looked into a number of other things to make sure we weren't missing anything (what that was, we didn't quite know - but we wanted to know what we didn't know, you know?). We checked out Google Data Studios (too time-consuming, too much potential for user error), TapClicks (total crap), and others.

Pros

- Relatively easy to use, can poke around and figure things out yourself after some time with the interface - Easy to pull info from many sources into one report and add commentary/screenshots - Can compare across many date ranges - It looks professional - The price point feels right

Cons

- The navigation is a little funky - have to Google how to remove client from a section every time - Sometimes the reports just stop working or data stops pulling in - not too frequent but have to delete/re-connect tools sometimes

Reasons for Choosing Raven Tools

Easy to use, pulled in the right platforms.

David from Builder Designs

Great Software That Checks So Many Boxes

Our customers like the comprehensive reporting that is provided.

Pros

This software does a great job of integrating not only the website traffic, but also pulling in data from paid sources and social media. That makes it easier to compile white labeled reports. A big plus is the customer service. While you can't talk to them directly, they are very responsive to email inquiries and service requests.

Cons

This software can't crawl certain single page websites, like those done in Angular JS.

Value

Pamela from SEO Essential Solutions

Easy To Use Software - Best Reporting Tool

Great experience, the company is always growing and improving their tool sets.

Pros

The ability to set up reports and white label them was our company's number one draw. The number of types of sources you can pull into the reports was valuable as our clients use a number of data inputs. The affordability of the software is also important.

Cons

Lack of suggestions or ideas in how to improve SEO problems based on competition, types of keywords being searched in comparison to competitors.

Brent from Steam Train Creative

OUR SECRET AWESOME SAUCE!

Agency weekly and monthly reporting for both SEO, ANALYTICS and SOCIAL MEDIA. Top notch performance and delivery.

Pros

Our agency has been using Raven Tools for years. We use it daily. Our clients absolutely love the professional looking reports and makes us look like rock stars.

Cons

We really have nothing bad to say. The software is so mature and well developed at this point; that every new feature is just more cherries on top of the icing.

Jamin from Stablebrook Software

Feature Packed

Our clients were impressed by the reporting and when we used the software consistently we saw excellent results in increasing site rankings.

Pros

The site reviews are exhaustive which is great for showing clients when we first audit their sites. The site comparisons have been quite useful as well when we are working with clients in a crowded space.

Cons

Due to the advanced nature of the software it’s not always clear for new users how and when you would utilize certain tools and techniques.

Price and features

John from Netbiz, inc

Pretty Happy

Generally good. It’s missing Pinterest and a couple others so difficult to give full customer reports

Pros

Comprehensive and very user friendly, a lot of value for the money

Cons

A bug in software using ‘more metrics’ ant items using campaigns where individual campaigns can be selected; the default is ‘all campaigns ‘ but it really only adds the first campaign. We had to go in individually and select all campaigns

Tim from tiptop search + marketing

Great SEO Tool

Raven site audit has been helpful for auditing sites and working through technical items. Overall this has been a solid tool that I've enjoyed using and having access too.

Pros

The easy to use interface and building of reports make it great! Online reports are nice for sharing too.

Cons

Lacks some of the tools I use heavily with others like SEMRush -- organic research and the keyword tool not as robust.

Craig from Click Ready Marketing

RavenTools

Overall is is a great tool for digital marketing reporting. Also fairly good as a site audit tool.

Pros

Cons

Cannot ever get someone to call us back. We never had an email address that has been set up as admin according to their interface. We have sent them many messages with no replys.

Nick from Cucumber

Raven_Review

We use Raven for all our SEO reviews and also run crawls post-release (we develop websites) to look for page errors. We have only just scratched the surface with the other features in the product but they look promising. We have used Raven for 5 years and it has served us well - there are many other products out there so we would have switched if not satisfied. (we never use Raven to incorporate GA and other data into one place, we use Google Data Studio for that)

Pros

We started using Raven for just SEO, I like that more and more features have been added and we now use it for backlink analysis, keyword tracking and competitor comparisons.

Cons

The interface has always been a bit clunky and non-intuitive and it wasn't easy to export to spreadsheet for deeper analysis. This has been improved recently.

Teri from Teric Enterprise Solutions, LLC

Great And Growing

Overall, Raven Tools helps me bring key data together in a simple yet comprehensive layout. It has helped me expand my understanding and skills in SEO and SERP, and allows me to offer more information and services to my clients.

Pros

Raven Tools helps my small business and marketing consulting company look professional. The customizable reports have helped me attain new clients and retain old ones. While I have primarily used the AdWords and Social Media reporting features, I have stayed with Raven because they are continuously developing the software and the features they offer WITHOUT raising the cost.

Cons

While there IS online support, a more comprehensive and systematic GUIDE for each area of the software would be VERY helpful.

Features and pricing

Bill from Seapoint Digital Inc

Good software for value

Pros

My biggest pro is the reports. It's currently the best software I know that can pull in Google Ads and Analytics as well as other data sources. Good resource for client reporting. Also the dashboard is well designed.

Cons

It doesn't have some tools of other platforms like Moz or Ahrefs. More of a middle of the road platform.

Nancy from Sleepy Dog Media Group, LLC

Excellent customer service

I have been using them for about 5 years and will keep using them as they provide a great value. Lots of services for a reasonable price, which makes it perfect for a small business like mine.

Pros

Whenever I have a question their customer service team is always quick to respond with helpful information. Their follow-up is refreshing as many other companies I deal with are not nearly so quick to email back with help.

Cons

I don't have any as when they come out with a new revision or software, they email all sorts of articles and videos to help explain how the new software, etc. works. So while it takes some time to learn, they do everything they can to help you with it.

Alex from Insite Advice

A great SEO reporting tool but lacks rank tracking

Pros

This is how I run all my monthly client reports because it merges the data from our sources very well into a presentable document.

Cons

They got rid of rank tracking some time ago and that almost caused me to get rid of it. They recently said they are adding it back so I'm excited for that.

Michael from Blu Creative

Great tool for SEO, auditing, monitoring and social media

We use Raven for a number of our SEO clients, as well as handling various social media profiles for things suck as monitoring, post scheduling, and more.

Pros

Raven offers a nice and easy-to-use dashboard to manage all your SEO clients, along with their social media by auto integrating with accounts such as Google Analytics, Facebook, AdWords, Twitter & more. The report generator is awesome as well, allowing you to create recurring auto-send reports to your clients based off customized templates. You can choose what you'd like to include and exclude based off a set of robust filters.

Cons

The support leaves a little to be desired, sometimes taking a few days to respond, often with canned responses. After pushing to escalate, most of our issues were quickly resolved.

Ruby from Millennium Marketing Solutions

Helpful Tool!

Pros

The website crawl tool is something we use daily. It helps us know what issues we have on websites. Vital tool!

Cons

When the last update happened the results of crawls were inconsistent and it was frustrating to know which result was correct.

Michelle from BoxCrush

Great Value

Raven Tools has been a good choice from the beginning - we now use it during our sales process and for ongoing reporting with clients.

Pros

We started using Raven to automate monthly PPC spend, and it does this very well. We continue to discover new features and ways to automate how to deliver to clients.

Cons

It's not so much dislike as it is just time to discover it's full capabilities.

Reasons for Choosing Raven Tools

We chose Raven Tools because it had the most complete set of needed tools for the best price, and the few times we've explored other options, we continue to come back to the same conclusion.

Cameron from Pace Optimisation

Supreme tool

Many SEO reporting tools take up too much time in setup and maintenance. Raven is quick & reliable to setup & use, plus it's biggest advantages are its flexible data sources and easy reporting tools.

Pros

*Simplified reporting saves time * Raven merges data from all the regular data sources to provide a simple unified report centre. * It just works with minimum fuss, and the reports look great.

Cons

*I was hoping Raven may yet be able to send data to Google sheets - currently it only retrieves data from Google Sheets *Other than that, most things have been thought of!

Kevin W. from University of Wisconsin-Stout

Great tool for teaching future Search Marketers

This has become my go to tool for teaching students about Marketing Technology. Every time I have had an issue, the customer service team has come through with a timely and viable solution. The integration with other platforms, and the grouping of metrics is exactly what I need to help my students understand the big and small pictures.

Pros

The thing I like best is the way that they bring so many aspects of understanding a client's online presence into a single interface. Additionally, the integration of content to help understand the "What is it and Why Does it Matter" for the various metrics is huge for helping people understand they Why behind these very technical elements.

Cons

User management is a little difficult to get your head around at first.

Professional Reports for Clients

Pros

Reports that look good and help clients understand how they're meeting digital marketing goals.

Cons

I wish we had access to Google Fonts to add some more customization.

Kenney from Vitae Foundation

Industry: Research

The Best Reporting Tool I've Seen

Before we subscribed to Raven Tools, we were creating almost 100 reports for clients by hand each month. Now, we are creating more reports than ever and more quickly and efficiently than before with Raven Tools' many integration options and drag-and-drop report creator. It's been a real game-changer!

Pros

Raven Tools is easy to use and quite intuitive. It allows us to create comprehensive and clean reports for our clients. I can't imagine going back to what we were doing before we invested in this service!

Cons

The only cons that I've encountered have either been address with updates or were misunderstandings by myself or a member of my staff. If we have an issue, it can generally be resolved by simply learning the tool a little better.

Aaron from Be Different Ltd

A solid set of tools

I think I know how to use it fully and well.

Pros

It is easy to use and provides a full set of services to base decisions about SEO PPC & Social media

Cons

It uses pop ups which a lot of browsers interfere with. Unless you know how the settings for popups works in your browser this hampers the functionality.

Reasons for Choosing Raven Tools

We use a suit of products of which Raven is only one. Raven doesn't do everything but it does work well with other products. Therefore the cost of Raven needs to stay at an affordable level.

Calin from Progrexion

Digital Marketing Tools That Look Good

Pros

The automated reports for SEO and PPC were among the best that I have seen from the different digital marketing tools. It was easy to generate new reports and include all the important information or remove unneeded sections. The audits were very nice and didn't include anything that wasn't useful.

Brian from Ella J Designs

An All In One Online Marketing Tool That Falls A Little Short

We have used it with many clients, but are now starting to work with other tools that offer more features.

Pros

I like how easy the interface is, and really liked their pricing before they changed plans. The tool has a number of features, from reporting to audits to seo monitoring. The ability to grant clients access and even order certain seo tasks, like content, from the backend is convenient.

Cons

Seems like all the features are just not feature rich, and don't go as far nor as deep as their competitors. The competition is becoming more robust in their offerings and their tools seem to offer more functionality. I think Raven is now playing catchup. The reporting too, yes is easy to setup up, but now with Google Data Studio being free, really lags behind what's available for free.

Reasons for Choosing Raven Tools

At the time, the pricing was very attractive and the features were comparable. Now, the pricing model has changed and the tool, overall, lags behind the competition. Don't think I'd make the same decision today.

Megan from Communicorp

Awesome product

Pros

Love how quickly this product can evaluate your website

Cons

Report builder is a little difficult to master

September 2015

Dimitris from Megaventory Inc.

September 2015

Good value for money for specific things

I've been using this software for various SEO related tasks such as keyword research, SEO assessment, link building, SERP tracking (before it was discontinued) and other functions but mostly reporting. The interface used to be slow but it improved. It was very helpful in the beginning in creating really impressive reports and earning me leads with its page assessment. Occasionally I would find bugs but customer support would help. It's a very chaotic industry and providing help is important esp. for a low price compared to competitors.

Pros

Relatively cheap Fully featured Recent redesign/userfriendly

Cons

Bugs in reporting numbers SEO assessment needs update Facebook ads reporting Overall it needs to redefine itself, possibly rejecting features and focusing on what they do best