Browse SharpSpring Reviews

Mike from Napier Partnership Limited

The marketing automation choice when value-for-money matters

We moved from HubSpot to SharpSpring primarily because of the price: HubSpot can be very expensive, particularly if you need to use the CRM and marketing capabilities. HubSpot is the market leader in usability and reporting (in my opinion) so we did notice a difference when moving to SharpSpring, but for 95% of the activities we undertake SharpSpring is at least as good as HubSpot and often better. The grouping of landing pages into funnels is one example of some great SharpSpring functionality that helps make your campaigns more effective.

Pros

SharpSpring does everything you would expect at a competitive price. The tool is a very capable marketing automation system, with good email and automation capabilities, as well as some great tracking and social media features.

Cons

Reporting is good, but not as good as the best (which is HubSpot in my opinion). Although the capabilities don't hold us back, it would be nice to be able to have easy ways to measure the performance of landing pages/funnels.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

SharpSpring offers almost everything that other, more expensive, products offer, but at a very competitive price-point. Our clients who have deployed SharpSpring have been equally happy with the performance and results they have achieved.

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

We switched mainly because of price.

Lisa from Mindstream Media Group

SharpSpring makes my life easier.

It's a great platform, and the support team has been very responsive with any questions we've had over the last few years. The onboarding process was great and we never felt alone in learning how to use it. I also like the regular webinars and learning opportunities that SharpSpring hosts for marketers/agencies.

Pros

The email builder, landing page builder and form builder are all straightforward and fairly easy to learn. There are also help/support articles for pretty much anything I need help with or get stuck on. The "life of the lead" view is helpful to see a contact's interactions with our brand.

Cons

The email and landing page builders offer a lot of flexibility in layout/design, but sometimes they are a bit too restrictive in terms of moving elements around.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

The abundance of features for the price. Specifically, number of contacts allowed, emails sent and ability to manage clients in addition to our agency business.

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

The previous platform was a lot more expensive and under-utilized.

Not worth it

Not good. Lots of "oh yeah, sure, it does that." Only to find out that the software doesn't actually do what they just said it does or no one from sharpspring knows how to make it do that.

Pros

Seemed like a great and more affordable option compared to HubSpot. Not much else to say here since we had a boat load of issues with it.

Cons

Everything was cumbersome. From onboarding to implementation. Even getting someone on the phone from the right department to help us when we had issues with email was a problem. Overall, really clunky and outdated. We ended up going to Hubspot and it's SO much better and not even that much more expensive especially when we think of all of the time we all wasted trying to get sharpspring to work.

price.

Response from SharpSpring

Replied May 2021

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with SharpSpring. We hate to hear that you had a negative experience with the platform. Our exceptional support is something we work hard to maintain so we hate finding out we missed the mark there as well. We never take losing a partner lightly and will use your feedback to continue to improve our resources for our agency partners. If you'd be open to sharing any additional feedback, please email us at feedback@sharpspring.com.

Stuart from Rogers Insurance

A great software alternative to Marketo or Pardot

It's a great platform overall. Expect great customer support, but also plan for a lot of time setting up automation workflows and action groups. But the tool will do what you need it to do, and then some.

Pros

The biggest plus is its affordability - all the features you need at a price that is accessible. It has all the core functions one needs in a marketing automation platform, with a powerful sales pipeline and lead management component that provides an exceptional, integrated experience. Added bonuses are chatbox and book-time features included in the price, and the ability to sync Outlook emails to a contact's record. Lead scoring

Cons

The email editor can be a bit clunky and formatting copy and layouts can be finicky. The email previewer can be cumbersome. Visual workflows can be arduous to make

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Purely for the cost. It's so much more affordable and it makes it accessible to a lot more companies without a huge financial commitment. The tool's functionality, the onboarding, and the customer support has been second-to-none.

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

I left one company where I used Marketo (as a Certified Marketo Expert) and advocated for a cheaper solution at the company where I now work. It's been an excellent choice and the platform has not disappointed.

Rafael from Orba Ag

Awesome Tool - “Functional Middle Market Software”

They really help to centralize all our clients, CRM, Email marketing, Lead scoring, Landing page builder, marketing automarion, slaes analytics in one place.

Pros

We keep on being intrigued with all the Sharpspring has to bring to the table. They are really here to help organizations like us. I love utilizing this product consistently and utilizing it to deal with my leads. As a sales rep, it is trying to discover a CRM that really works for you, not where you need to work for it. I like the convenience with the kanban sheets just as the advertising computerization for dribble crusades.

Cons

By now never saw something that came in mind right now.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

SharpSpring has the entirety of the usefulness of Hubspot for a portion of the expense. I utilized Hubspot at a past position yet I have discovered that I can would all that I like to do in SharpSpring without paying a fortune. SharpSpring likewise offers essentially more usefulness than MailChimp or Constant Contact.

BERENICE from CESSON

Used as point solution with all the potential of an enterprise platform

The interaction with customers has improved a lot since we started using SharpSpring's marketing automation, we have a better vision of the various client profiles that we've interaction with, and we've been able to focus on every single one of them with a more mindful approach. The chatbot helped to get more leads because we discovered that visitors feel more open to sharing their lead information with a more dynamic tool than a form per example.

Pros

It has a lot of features and they keep adding new ones. From only one platform I'm able to keep track of my client's websites, create the forms, and manage the submissions, leads can schedule meetings with specialists without having to wait (or to interact with another human being) and I can keep track of everything with the help of the Life of the Lead. The automations available are a big deal as well, everybody in the team is aware of their responsibilities and the platform helps them never forget to follow-up.

Cons

The email builder could use some improvements, maybe something more intuitive, more templates, more flexibility while making changes. Also, de contact manager is still kinda coarse, should work more like a database and not only as a display, it could be more flexible. And allow to bulk-import contacts with no emails could be huge.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Because we saw SharpSpring as the ideal solution for the size of our clients, something more complex could have been way too much, and going for an analysis gadget would have been a potential trouble maker.

Brian from Right to Evolve

SharpSpring Great Platform With Amazing Support

Overall the platform is powerful at a great price, and the team at SharpSpring wants you to succeed, and that shows in their support, courses, documentation, and forums. Not only does SharpSpring benefit Right to Evolve internally, but our clients and the work we do see the benefits as well.

Pros

SharpSpring has features to create marketing operations and track those campaigns either manually or automatically. Considering I can tie all the potential avenues of a campaign into one spot and see how users interact with is a great win. At a glance, it is essential to read the data and make the right decisions; SharpSpring brings all the data to one platform. It makes work more enjoyable that we can create a single campaign with a list of contacts, email templates, unique forms, dynamic pages, trackable media, automation, and analytics in one spot. Not to mention, once we create this base campaign and all its numerous pieces, I can then quickly use all the parts as a template to do another or a third, and so on. Making it very efficient over time. SharpSpring has a lot of features, but I am thrilled with our CRM, email marketing, ads, funnels, all in one location. All this and the support team have been top-notch every step of the way. I also like to learn myself, which they provide via courses, updated videos, and documents that my team and I can reference.

Cons

Interface and design consistency are my two significant cons for this platform. Like most, once you know the platform and its interface, you can be very successful. No difference here except that the design process between creating emails, pages, and forms all have their unique process. I believe it would improve user efficiency if the page and email creator, for instance, had a standard procedure and the same layout of tools. The platform has a lot of features with more coming, so you have to know where all the pieces are between the settings, marketing, and sales menu layout.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Right to Evolve chose SharpSpring after it's attention to our firm and how they presented themselves. After my initial research for only a CRM, I requested a demo and got all my initial questions answered along with a lot more I did not know I had. From there, the sales team continued to be timely and efficient in answering my specific questions over two months. They also gave me the time and space I needed to make the final decision and did not oversell.

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

Cost and to utilize all of HubSpots features was well over our budget.

Darren from Duco Digital LTD

Marketing Automation - at a fraction of the cost of Hubspot

I'm enjoying using it as being able to do everything in one platform makes life much easier and it's much more affordable than Hubspot. There are enough tools to keep the most experienced marketer busy to help attract leads through chat, emails, forms, landing pages etc...

Pros

The ability to create a clear sales funnel and track your client through the sales process is really easy and highlights areas where more work and focus might be needed in your sales process. There is a ton of features to engage users and build your audience, you just need to spend time and be open to exploring ideas. Implementing dynamic content which changes depending on the customer persona is cool. The support team always reply same day, there is online chat (US times) too.

Cons

There are some definite bugs such as data fields 'locking' when creating a landing page and the later it becomes editable again. Strangely the design side of emails and landing pages is not cohesive. So you have a limited range of fonts in forms but lots of customisation for colours for headings, then the reverse for landing pages. Thinks like buttons for GDPR can't currently be customised which looks odd. Also, the onboarding process for Squarespace websites is different and this is not mentioned anywhere. Just needs to have someone invest some time to deal with all these issues and implement a decent upgrade. Generally, all very minor things but stacked up can provide a bit more challenging onboarding process than what it needs to be.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Cost, ease of use of platform and the support.

Travis from Bunn Brands

Great Automation & Marketing CRM

My overall experience is pretty good, but I do wish it was easier to get a mobile experience on Sharpspring.

Pros

Great way to organize your sales team, properly track your leads/sales, & automate your marketing efforts.

Cons

There is no real functional or useful mobile application or version of this program. You really must use a desktop computer to get full use. The iPhone and iPad apps are a far cry from useful.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Pricing and the ability to resell and train sales people easily.

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

More powerful automation, resell-ability, & the ability to train a sales team more effectively.

Osmar from Marketing and Advertising

The best platform for marketing and sales automation

I recommend it because it is a complete platform. Impeccable support and help and a lot in the growth of my clients' business

Pros

You can synchronize the sales team with the marketing team using only one software.

Cons

The interface needs to improve, my clients take a little time to understand the flow of the tool

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Automation, sales team integration, support, features, tracking

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

SharpSpring has more advanced tools for my strategies

Christine from Brand Shout

A Functional and Affordable Platform for My Small Agency!

Sharpspring has been incredibly helpful in allowing our small team to connect with leads, follow up on project prospects, organize our communications, and so much more. It allows us to accomplish a lot more for our clients, and to land more profitable projects, because we are able to take the day-to-day of marketing communication off the table, and let SharpSpring handle it! It's also been a game-changer for our B2C clients, who are able to personalize and segment their marketing efforts to specific customers, and have seen great growth in engagement and revenue!

Pros

When choosing a marketing automation platform for my agency, I knew I wanted something robust and customizable. I'm very hands on, and I don't like being constrained by the limitations of drag-and-drop editors or controlled interfaces. I want to be able to tailor my tools exactly to each client I work with, without compromising on functionality or efficiency. That's why SharpSpring has been a perfect fit for me! Not only is it affordable for a small agency like mine, who works with small businesses, but it's extremely powerful, and capable of executing any strategy my team or my clients require. The most complete and functional marketing automation platform out there!

Cons

Because of the large range of features, it can be a little intimidating to learn for some. But the onboarding team does a great job of walking you through implementation and getting you set up for success! Our agency focuses a lot on providing social media and content marketing services to our clients, and the SharpSpring content calendar is definitely not as robust or streamlined as some other platforms I've used. However, it's definitely not the focus of the platform, and there are workarounds for most of the issues I've run into with it. The SharpSpring team is also super responsive to feedback, and are constantly improving their product. I've already seen some great changes in the time I've been using the platform, and I'm confident the content calendar and scheduling tools will only continue to improve!

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

It was the most affordable option for my agency. It was also the only one which allowed me to effectively implement it for all my clients as well, without exorbitant costs to me!

Kurt from Abra Marketing

SharpSpring is a Gamechanger for Campaign Tracking

SharpSpring has been a successful decision for our agency since we got it in 2017. Within the first month it was making a huge positive difference for us and our clients. Their support has been a big part of our success with it and it continues to be an essential part of our digital marketing offering.

Pros

The biggest benefit of SharpSpring is having visibility into the leads we generate. In the past we could see impressions and clicks and website visits from our campaigns. Now we are seeing the actual leads and being able to follow activity after the initial contact. The added visibility has been an absolute game changer in the value we can provide our clients. I really like the Life of the Lead feature where once you have a lead in the system you can track all their activity in great detail, seeing when they came back to the website, what pages they went to, if they opened emails, etc. We've even had instances where clients claimed they were not getting leads from our campaigns and once SharpSpring was installed, not only could we now provide reports of leads we were generating, but we caught a hole in their customer service where leads we were providing were not getting responses from scheduling staff. So we not only provided reports of the leads we generated, but helped close a gap in a serious customer service issue that was happening.

Cons

It takes quite a bit of effort to get up to speed on SharpSpring as there are a lot of moving parts. But their support is great and always gets back to us quickly and efficiently to keep us on track.

Don from Evolve Systems

Functional Middle Market Software

Overall, I'm very happy with my expereince with SharpSpring. I think it is a functional tool that is easy to use and it feels good to have check lists and to do's that are easy to set up. I like using this software.

Pros

I love using this software on a daily basis and using it to manage my leads. As a salesperson, it is challenging to find a CRM that actually works for you, not where you have to work for it. I like the ease of use with the kanban boards as well as the marketing automation for drip campaigns.

Cons

The mobile app is inoperable and not relevant. Sometimes the search feature is challenging to use- sometimes you need to use the companies name, sometimes you have to use the contacts name. When working in the drip campaigns you have to be really specific about which dates you select.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Pricing, ease of use, and presentation from the SharpSpring staff. Hubspot made us feel like we were taking up their time and not valued. Salesforce was too much for what we needed. SharpSpring made us feel valued and explained their product well by asking us questions first and tailoring their presentation around our needs, not just sending us through a powerpoint.

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

The ease of use for marketing automation and ability to synchronize emails for communication transparency.

Max from Millennium Marketing Solutions

Great Marketing Automation Software Alternative for Agencies

The onboarding experience was easy and helpful. They helped convert our old database into ready to import SharpSpring csv. Once we were onboarded the team helped us implement other features. As previously stated, their live chat and support is so far unmatched by any other CRM tool i've used.

Pros

The software is easy to use and is constantly being updated with new features. Within our first year of using the tool, at least 4 new features were rolled out, all of which were useful. Their live support is great. They are thorough and they followup. There have been several instances where the team has followed up after the fact to check in and see if additional support was needed

Cons

I would love more training. The videos are good and useful, but would love more virtual webinars or if being a partner allowed for more 1-on-1 type training. I also wish some of the CRM fields had more customization instead of being default/standard.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

We liked their Agency model more. It gives our clients more flexibility and freedom and their pricing model made the most sense for us and our clients.

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

Zoho CRM was expensive, bulky and useless. Everytime you wanted to do something you had to add-on a new feature or upgrade. Plus there were lots of limitations and having to jump to different platforms within the CRM.

Nigel from Xposure

Comprehensive Marketing Automation Software

SharpSPring has been a massive help to our business. We are agency partners and we have grown our business by using the software and demonstrating the power of the software to others. SharpSpring themselves are always looking to improve the software and often realse new features or updates which improve the overall experience. They are constantly evolving and I like that. It's what is needed to keep at the forefront of today's marketing.

Pros

SharpSpring has a comprehensive range of tools to help you get the most from Marketing Automation. It integrates with your website easily and can track visitors to your site from all your differing campaigns. The tools are easy to use, once you have been through the training and can be manipulated to work together to suit your business. Delivering insights and analytics to help you tweak your marketing and increase your ROI.

Cons

The software is comprehensive, so there is a learning curve. You can get started easily with it, but you have to continue to learn to get the real powerful insights from it. Setting up takes quite a lot of tweaking to get the results you need, but it is simple and powerful to use and delivers results right from the get go.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

We found SharpSpring to be of better value overall and fitted our business needs.

Josh from Above The Fold

Impressive product, exceptional value

I'm not spending as much time connecting tools and I'm spending way more time defining and executing strategies. I'm creating a robust customer engagement strategy that is inclusive of sales and marketing. I'm solving the problem of identifying content that the consumer truly wants and needs to convert.

Pros

First, fantastic price. Personalization can drive amazing results. SharpSpring gives you a solid set of tools that all communicate with each other flawlessly and for an exceptional value. It's a sophisticated tool with a lot of depth, but the certifications, demos, videos, tools, customer service all make it very easy to use. Just when I think I've figured out the edge of the depth on the tool, I realize there's another level. The automation is top notch. The ability to track so many actions, behaviors and then to take action to help the customer go further along the funnel. It fulfills the needs of so many other tools - HootSuite, Sprout, Calendly, Mailchimp, CRM, Sales CRM, TypeForm, and WhoIsVisiting (to name a few).

Cons

Not a lot so far. I'll always take more templates, pre-made content. Don't get me wrong, it has content, but the more the merrier.Billing can be a little confusing, but I know they have an update coming very soon. In fact, I just received an update email about it. I'd love to see more progress on the SharpSpring iOS app.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

I've worked with HubSpot, Adobe, Marketo, Pardot and a myriad of other digital marketing tools. I've used tools that cost 1-2 million a year, spent months on integrations. I've honestly never found a tool that is so capable, so easy to implement, and does not require 6 figures of budget to fund it as I have in SharpSpring. I think SharpSpring is a no-brainer tool for any small to medium sized organization. It may even cut it for larger organizations. While I'm very impressed, I see the company continuing to strive towards an even higher level of greatness.

Michael from WSI Online Solutions

Sharpspring for the win--Top quality marketing software for a decent price

We've been using sharpspring for ourselves and as an agency for our clients. Love how well it tracks clients, incoming emails, syncs with our inbox, and tracks interactions for all of our clients.

Pros

Looking to get the best out of my email marketing, Sharpspring gives me the chance to reach out to my whole list with a modicum of effort. The best part is the automation--triggers and the ability to build out a complex program make a big difference in efficacy and efficiency.

Cons

The email builder inside of the program--WYSIWYG. You can do this, but it's frustrating to make the thing look like you want it to.

Features.

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

Mailchimp felt very limited in scope. Delivery with mailchimp was restricted, it seemed like I never could end up in the gmail inbox tab, always relegated to the offers tab.

John from Revenue Architects

Best ROI for Small Medium Sized Business

We are one of the earliest SharpSpring agencies and users. We selected SharpSpring for its price/performance for SMB companies. We have worked extensively with HubSpot, Marketo, Pardot and others - but for small businesses, it is hard to beat the full-stack solution and feature set in SharpSpring.

Pros

Complete integrated tech stack for marketing and sales that includes the core functionality a business needs to execute full-funnel marketing and sales campaigns and manage the sales pipeline.

Cons

SmartMail provides 1:1 direct IMAP email, but it would be nice if there was a sales-driven email automation feature for low volume 1:1 emails to prospects.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Cost effectiveness, ease of use, full stack functionality (CRM and Marketing Automation) and the strong agency model

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

Price performance and the agency model. SharpSpring provides lartely equivalent functionality for 1/3 the cost and the agency model is better.

Enrique from Ventas de Alto Octanaje S.L

De las mejores herramientas de Marketing automático para la venta B2B Industrial

Muy positiva, estamos muy contentos con la plataforma, es muy completa y está orientada a realizar actividades comerciales con los clientes, mezcla muy bien la actividad de marketing con ventas.

Pros

Lead Scoring, Visitor ID, Automatizaciones, lo bien que están alineados la parte de ventas y marketing, el media center me encanta

Cons

Deben mejorar los filtros de campos personalizados para oportunidades, es un poco molesto tener que exportar a una Excel para poder hacer filtros y tomar decisiones. El proceso de facturación de los clientes de la agencia, España es diferente a USA, no están acostumbrados a pagar con tarjeta de crédito este tipo de importe por separado, trabajan mejor con trasnferencia bancaria Los onboarding deben ser más profundos y ayudar a las agencias de marketing a saber usar mejor la herramienta, nosotros hemos dedicado muchas horas a aprender como usarla y cuánto mejor la usamos es más fácil venderla. El crecimiento de nuevos clientes que usan la plataforma depende de lo bien que le enseñemos a usarla y para ello, debemos convertir a mi equipo en expertos.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

calidad - precio Me gustaba la forma de facturar anterior que tenían, la nueva no nos gusta nada y nos ha traído muchos problemas para conseguir nuevas contrataciones

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

Muy costoso, no respetan el territorio comercial de la agencia de marketing, pero sobretodo, por que la agencia de marketing pierde el control de lo que puedes facturarle al cliente

Bob from Robert McInnis Consulting

SharpSpring is full featured, low price, and amazing tech and account support

I've helped a number of businesses drive revenue with this software and it always drives more revenue for them. Of course, you have to understand how marketing automation works (I teach it at a local business school) and how to use the software correctly but there is a ton of documentation and how-to videos and when that fails, there's always a support person to walk you though whatever you're trying to do and they stick with you. My "customer success manager" will even get on the phone with a prospective client and help with a demo. Just a great company

Pros

I love the way the tracking is displayed on a timeline so you can see everywhere a prospect went. The built-in CRM and sales funnel pics up where the marketing funnel leaves off and keeps the automation going during and after the sale to upset and resell. The new retargeting and (soon to be) advertising feature is amazing, not only retargeting your visitors but it finds similar customers to target. Overrall, it's really intuitive and easy to use, and I've used many marketing automation platforms over the years. This is the least expensive. No long-term contracts to sign but still has all the features of the much more expensive ones. And the LiveChat feature you can put on your Web site that was just added (at no additional cost) brings a huge feature that other companies charge more than the entire cost of the SharpSpring subscription.

Cons

No complaints at all. The learning curve wasn't very steep and the price is right. They even have evening support hours.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Hubspot is really made for smaller businesses but more expensive. Plus it's hard to separate yourself from HubSpot because so much of your content has to be published on their own site instead of yours. Pardot and Salesforce are just unwieldy and expensive, too.

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

It was just too expensive, they want a one-year commitment, and the person in charge of tech support was not very nice.

Christopher from IHR México

Sharpspring a CRM and Marketing Automation in continuously growing

You can create your forms into the platform and connect them between your web page, facebook and also the landingpages that you create in Sharpspring. The software lend you to ponderate leads to get closer people who is easier to win an opportunity and to give more importance to leads who are loosing interest in our products. The platform gives you feedback about which pages of your website have more engagement, so you can supply in those paths more value content that increase the interest that people have in your company, products and services. You can Schedule many things, like to send emails, to a list that could be dynamic, this means that with a criteria the list is going to grow according to the rules that you configured before. Action groups to make specific actions (task, change status in contact's fields, etc) and posts in Social networks. It is very easy to give following about commercial proccess in each pipeline without dependency of your salers because in this software you get together all the documentation of emails, calls and task, also you can configure each opportunity with checklist which describe all the task that a saler needs to complete to finish an opportunity, so you can know in each stage of the pipeline exactly what is happening.

Pros

It is a platform that cover the manage of the commercial proccess and the use of information from the salers, this feed our Marketing Strategies and give us a continous improvement. Is easy to share tools between commercial and marketing teams about new campaings and we can obtain all the data to support, if a campaing was succesfully with a ROI that has the detail of each lead, opportunity and sales earned.

Cons

There is not automation proccess to include automatically changes in account's flelds. Sharpspring is working constantly in improving features, that is why we do not worry.

Linsey from Learning Ovations

My Secret Weapon

I love this product so much that I take it with me from role to role -- and it is always the legacy that I leave behind. It allows me to make a huge impact in a short period of time.

Pros

For several years now, SharpSpring has been my secret weapon. I work largely with educational, startup, and nonprofit ventures - so we are always resource constrained. SharpSpring's platform allows me to leverage a small (or solo) shop into something of competitive size, then scale up as we grow. And it doesn't break the bank. When you're working with a skeletal or non-existent team, the ease of use and customer support become critical: SharpSpring always "wows" me on this. Plus, the automation lets me optimize the resources I have while the intelligence tools keep me from wasting time on projects with low ROI. SharpSpring delivers the functionality that gets me noticed by the higher ups. (In one role, we doubled all major KPIs within a year's time.) I couldn't do my job without it!

Cons

Marketing Intelligence software is complex and the learning curve can be challenging, even with great support. Also, not everything in SharpSpring is where I expect it to be - I often use the chat support function to find tools. Oh, and if you are West Coast, start your SharpSpring projects early as chat support wanes after 3pm Pacific due to the company being headquartered in Florida.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Pardot gets expensive fast. I'd love to add familiarity with the product to my resume - but the price puts it out of range for most of the organizations I've worked with thus far.

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

Value for cost, functionality, and assurance that we weren't going to be 'nickle and dimed' as we grew in our needs, scope, etc.

Ryan from Huebner Integrated Marketing

Economical and POWERFUL Marketing Automation Solution

SharpSpring is a great tool and I have been so pleased with the automation and resources I have at my fingertips. The have great new features coming out all the time and their customer service and team members are always so helpful and enjoyable to talk to.

Pros

All the marketing automation is incredible and so easy to use. We have been using the chatbot feature and love it! It is easy to set up and we have it integrated with Slack to make the ability to manage it simple. The email automation and workflow automation makes me day to day job so easy as well. I can set up new prospects in my sales workflow and they get moved down my funnel with just automation. It saves me a ton of time.

Cons

I love SharpSpring but the overall user interface is not the most beautifully designed one. However, I am getting so many features and resources for an incredible price that this is not a big issue at all. And it really isn't that bad.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Better price, better service, and better tools!

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

HubSpot is a great service and is beautifully designed but I felt that I was being overcharged for tools that I didn't need and the ones I did need I couldn't scale it without paying an arm and a leg. For a smaller marketing agency, SharpSpring is the way to go. Great price, great service, and great tools!

Devin from Market Vantage

SharpSpring is the Best of the Best

My overall experience with SharpSpring has been wonderful! While the platform still has kinks to work out (what platform doesn't?), their customer service is amazing and they move at a rate unseen by others to make the platform better every day. I highly recommend them not just for their platform, but their people are friendly as well.

Pros

I really enjoy the various features that are available within the platform! It allows us to quickly and easily identify our prospects, capture their information on the website, and then market to them in a way that is meaningful and generates new business for us.

Cons

In their mission to make their platform compete, they often focus on getting new features out quickly but then have to go back and update later. I've seen this happen for them with tools like Video Calling, which became quickly available due to COVID-19 but lacks the robustness of other dedicated video platforms that I would imagine most companies already use.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Because SharpSpring allowed us to own our client relationships rather than letting HubSpot own the relationship. This has allowed us tremendous opportunity to scale our business, because we can offer a variety of services AND the platform to the client, when HubSpot doesn't allow that.

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

We were using Infusionsoft before they were acquired by Keap. The platform had some nice features, but it was primarily missing the ability for us to resell the platform. We wanted to offer marketing automation to our clients, but didn't want to get caught in the trap like most other agencies do: the automation platforms own the client, not the agency. With SharpSpring, they are an agency-first company that allows us to own our client relationships. That is a huge win in our books!

Charlie from 19 IDEAS

A lucrative alternative to other marketing automation platforms.

We use SharpSpring in two ways: to help generate and manage our leads to aid in our company business development efforts and to sell/offer the service to our clients to help them do the same. Currently, our digital marketers, account executives and business development teammates use the platform. SharpSpring helps us keep a close eye on where prospects are in their purchase journey.

Pros

The pricing model is favorable. We were able to onboard 2-3 clients almost immediately as compared to really struggling trying to sell HubSpot. The sightline on data and our sales pipeline is good and shows us that we are seeing value (however, our company needs to do more on our end to really leverage the tool).

Cons

We haven't found a use for the content calendar function, compared to other methods we use. Lead scoring could be improved.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Our primary lens for looking at SharpSpring was based on a comparison to HubSpot. We found the platform to essentially be fully comparable with a more favorable pricing structure. Since making the switch, we haven't seen any reduction in capabilities and are finding it much easier to sell to our clients.

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

Looking for a more cost-effective solution. We were paying a lot and having difficulties winning new business based on the Hubspot pricing structure.

Chris from Orientation Marketing

Excellent value well functioning marketing automation software

The cost savings (literally thousands of pounds) of SharpSpring vs comparable suppliers is significant.. My team also finds the functionality and user experience to be much cleaner, meaning we use more features compared to our previous provider. Overall we are happy we migrated from our previous supplier to SharpSpring

Pros

We moved to SharpSpring from another leading marketing automation software provider and SharpSpring provide 95% of the features for less than half the cost. The software itself is easy to understand and navigate (much easier than our previous system) and the support team are responsive, friendly and helpful. We've been very happy with our migration to SharpSpring and intend to be a user for the foreseeable future. It meets our needs as a specialist life science marketing agency perfectly.

Cons

There are some features that are missing from SharpSpring vs our previous provider, but on balance we felt that either 1. We wouldn't use them 2. We could live without them for the cost savings and other benefits of SharpSpring. Dynamic forms would be great to have, and the analytics sometimes don't match our other analytics software. What I will say is that SharpSpring seem more responsive to requests for new features vs our old provider.

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

Cost and also we felt there was an unfair emphasis on tiered partners and selling their software rather than focussing on partnering with us to provide solutions for our clients.

Alfredo from IHR - México

SharpSpring a full marketing automation platform everyone

Our experience with Sharpspring has been very satisfactory, since it gives us control over each client from the moment they are born as a lead until they become a client. has given us to reduce response time to a client and have better control of all actions taken with them through Automation

Pros

Powerful tools for lead generation to pretty good customer management, tons of options to personalize a lot of aspect of the company. very good tools for building email marketing and landing pages with out third parties

Cons

I think one point where sharpspring lose flexibility is on landing page creations, how designer we need more tools for layout.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Easy to use, unlimited user with out pay more for each user, Price

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

We are simply looking for a more robust alternative

Steve from Omni Promotional

We have embraced the Software to lead our company in communicating with customers and managing sales

We didn't realize how slow we were when communicating with customers and how important the speed of communication really is. We now have automations in place that don't let the conversation and engagement drop off.

Pros

Our customers are benefitting as much as we are and it starts with the automated services. We can route inquiries to sales reps faster and continue conversations with customers instantaneously through dynamic messaging.

Cons

We need to understand Sales Optimizer better. It may be a software solution that we don't necessarily fit with, but we still think this is something we can improve with, but right now its a slice of the pie that we struggle with.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Cost and the fact that we weren't buying ala'carte, rather we felt like we were buying into a partner experience.

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

SharpSpring brought more to the table from a customer experience and data management tool.

Nancy from Kokua Creative Group

Sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform

I am using SharpSpring across my entire client bases to generate and nurture leads, manage website inquiries and analytics and monitor and post across social media channels.

Pros

While the functionality is extremely powerful, SharpSpring itself is easy-to-use. Like any software, there is an initial training period where you have to get comfortable with the platform, but I found it pretty intuitive, especially after participating in the on-boarding training classes. The best thing about the software is the results it's generating for my clients. Our email marketing campaigns have been extraordinarily successful and the reporting functionality makes it easy to demonstrate these results to our clients.

Cons

I've been very satisfied with the software and don't have any complaints. One wish-list item would be for SharpSpring to integrate with survey tools so I could seamlessly administer campaigns requesting customer feedback.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Value for the dollar. SharpSpring offers the same functionality as many of the larger, more well-known marketing automation platforms for a fraction of the cost, but what really sets them apart from their peers is their customer service, which includes extensive live and on-demand training classes and a dedicated call center focused on your success.

Tom from Sharp Insurance

Sharp Spring - A great email marketing tool and more!

SharpSpring is a complete email marketing tool that we use to reach out to clients and market to new leads. We use the automation tools to create drip campaigns and re-marketing campaigns for potential leads. We also use the page builder to build simple landing pages and sales funnels. The contact manager has the ability to mange our list of 30,000+ without any extra costs. It used by both our sales teams and client care teams to help the business grow. As a marketer I use SharpSpring to create campaigns that convert to sales and retention.

Pros

SharpSpring is a great tool for small to mid range companies looking to build email marketing campaigns. It has great templates which allow you to create emails that look great and are functional sales tools. There are also great automation tools for drip campaigns and re-targeting.

Cons

The visual email builder can be finicky at times, resulting in editing directly in the code. If you are unfamiliar or uncomfortable formatting HTML code it can be overwhelming. Also, the social media tools are weak. It would be nice if I could schedule and post content directly from SharpSpring.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

SharpSpring has all of the functionality of Hubspot at a fraction of the cost. I used Hubspot at a previous position but I have found that I can do everything I want to do in SharpSpring without having to pay a fortune. SharpSpring also offers significantly more functionality than MailChimp or Constant Contact.

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

Constant Contact did not have the functionality of automation and drip campaigns that we needed.

Wally from Advertising Agency

1/3 the cost of other comparable platforms - but you get what you pay for.

No where near as feature rich as HubSpot - but a way better upgrade to MailChmp.

Pros

Pretty easy to figure out, if you're just using it as a glorified email marketing list building and automation tool. Drag and drop email template manager is easy to use. So is the visual automation builder. Forms can be customized and embedded on websites easily to capture lead information. Out of the box stuff is pretty simple, but you can always get to the CSS to customize everything if you're a developer and want a deeper dive.

Cons

Support has become horrible since launch. You can never get anyone on the phone, it's become a call back system. If you're an agency and managing client accounts, usually you need help immediately, not by end of day or via a random email. Their billing platform is absolutely ridiculous. They bill your clients directly, and not the agency using the platform saying that the client is the end user, not the agency managing the account. This makes retainer fees or internal billing a nightmare. You'll also have to talk your client into putting their banking routing numbers into a platform they don't understand. If you manage SparpSpring on behalf of your client (like they never login) - Good luck selling it. There is no Facebook connect to capture lead information! They keep changing how you export reports by date range. Annoying if you need monthly reports for your client. Sometimes they work, sometimes they move them. The certification videos and courses are currently outdated after a year of feature pushes. Biggest annoyance - lead history. You can view lead history in a timeline, but if a lead fills out a form multiple times requesting different information on different dates, you can not scroll through that history in the contact view, it only updates the leads custom fields with the latest information. You can only export the most recent custom fields too, even though you can still see the history and different information in the lead history timeline.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

1/3 the cost of other comparable platforms - but you get what you pay for.

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

Our agency network started moving to it and someone drank the hype Kool-Aid so we did too.

Chuck from HBK

Full-featured marketing automation on a budget

Prioritizing leads for Salesforce, collecting customer feedback, and better tracking the effectiveness of marketing efforts are the key things we get out of SharpSpring. We are able to collect leads using SharpSpring forms and then deliver them to the right salesperson using their visual workflow tools. We can make lists and campaigns based on ANY criteria in the system, which is super impressive. The Life of the Lead is a revelation: Being able to see all digital interactions of our customers is a complete game-changer for Sales. With Life of the Lead, Sales is more informed and can take on calls armed with the right information to best serve the customer.

Pros

The support is top-notch. They go above and beyond to ensure all questions are answered. If there is a key feature needed in the software, they'll work to make sure that you get that feature or have a workaround. They respond quickly, and they are incredibly knowledgeable. It's hard to list just one thing I like best! It's the most competitively-priced tool on the market... and it's a fraction of the cost of nearly any other marketing automation tool on the market.

Cons

With their constant upgrades, SharpSpring occasionally can be a bit buggy while features get ironed out. Nearly all issues have easy workarounds, and the fixes come fast. It's a minor quibble for a service that is basically as good as it gets.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Better support. Better functionality. Better interface. Better price.

Vikki from Rennes Group

Easy to use, lots of customization and excellent support

We used to have a very simple automated message that sent to all inquiries - and it was the same message regardless of the inquirer or location. Now, we're able to customize the response based on who is inquiring - and the location and send them important brochures and information relative to a specific location. SharpSpring has improved our tracking --moving us from binders stuffed with papers to digital data tied to campaigns. It was a big step for our company and despite early resistance, people are really buying into it now that they are using it.

Pros

The system is easy to use -from training to the online help docs (i.e., self-training) - to the excellent support team, I feel very confident when using the system and making modifications. I know if I can't figure out how to do something I want to do - I can either jump on live chat or call support and someone will happily help me figure it out.

Cons

Reporting capabilities are still growing. They recently launched a new reporting dashboard with canned "custom" reports but I would like the idea to select the variables myself and run a report on my data - including my custom fields. If the fields exist, I'd like to run reports on them. I have figured out, however, that, I can export a lot into excel and create my own reports when needed.

Cost, support and customization

Jamison from Grey Sky Media

I used to love SharpSpring (why I left)

Strong start, VERY disappointed with recent billing decisions and the rate increase. (Just because you want to buy a company doesn't mean I want to pay for it)

Pros

SharpSpring approached me with a very interesting mailer. It was enough to get my attention and learn who they were and what they did. After they bought my crew lunch and I sat through a presentation I decided to join. The minimum monthly bought me 3 accounts plus a free one for my agency. There are a lot of features in SharpSpring and they appear to be adding more, which is nice. They represent themselves as marketing automation for agencies. They offer a lot of white labeling which is a requirement for me when working with 3rd party softwares.

Cons

Late 2019 it was announced that SS would change their billing policies to require that THEY bill my clients. WAIT, WHAT? You're a whitelabeled SaaS service, why the **** would YOU bill MY clients. That's the opposite of the point. Since I haven't set up my clients in their billing interface they've locked me out of my account. And when I went to cancel they reminded me of the 30 days cancellation notice I'm required to give. OH, AND, they decided to up the rate $75/account. I'm so unhappy with where they're going as a company I can't even consider the new features that they're bringing in.

Response from SharpSpring

Replied January 2020

Hi Jamison, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our intent in developing our new billing platform is to get out in front of a change in the tax law that applies to online sales and SaaS products like SharpSpring, Hubspot, SugarCRM, and Salesforce. This billing change is purely based around being tax compliant you are still in full control of your client relationship. We'll never talk to your clients without your knowledge. Our agency partners had 30 days to input their client's billing information but we're sorry if you may have needed more time to complete those steps. Additionally, SharpSpring is implementing a price increase in February 2020 after 2 years of no price increase. I understand that your account manager will be reaching out to you and we'd really appreciate the opportunity to make things right and collect further feedback. If you'd be willing to share more about your experience in the meantime, you can also email us at feedback@sharpspring.com.

Kevin from AVAIRY Solutions

Must have for marketing and sales in growing business

I can't speak highly enough for the great staff. I have mentioned them in another part of this review, but they really have been a lifesaver going above and beyond. For example, I am not really comfortable with CSS and wanted a certain form to be two columns. I asked for reference material on how to make it happen. They sent me the materials AND the code to place in my form. AWESOME!!!!!

Pros

Everything you need to grow a business is in one place. The interface is easy to use and very intuitive. However, my favorite part of the company is the awesome support staff! Migrating from another platform, there is always a learning curve and workflow adjustment. If there was something we didn't know how to achieve in SharpSpring their friendly staff would explain with great detail how to get it done and integrate into the workflow we created.

Cons

Their social posting, responding section of the software is still a bit weak and we do utilize another piece of software to get this done, but we remember their software is about the automation and converting leads to customers and it does that very well, so this is an easy area to compromise.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Price Price Price.... and now... Service Service Service!!!!! They really care about my business doing well and help with non-product related questions. As I mentioned prior, they go above and beyond!

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

The price point was the biggest initial reason. We moved from another large product that pieced everything together making it out of reach for the smaller businesses. SharpSpring has all the major pieces as one at a lower cost. Had I known about the great customer service... I would have moved over a long time ago!

Amanda from Independent

Integrated Marketing and Sales with no hassle

For the B2B tech startups I serve, who are just getting started with their sales and marketing efforts, SharpSpring is the ideal platform. They change quickly, and it's easy to quickly change the platform to adapt to those pivots and support developing processes.

Pros

1. Customer service is highly responsive. 2. Templates for emails and landing pages are easy to use without design or development expertise. 3. Incredibly easy to customize: add fields, pipelines, dashboards, automations particular to your processes without coding or other specialized knowledge.

Cons

1. Landing page builder is kind of basic. However, new releases come regularly and is probably not a big deal if you have an html developer handy. 2. Integrated social scheduler functionality is a bit basic. 3. If you have significant custom complex report needs, this is not the platform for you. They have great canned reports that any layman can find value in, you can download csv files of many things, and you can customize a dashboard with report "widgets." But not a lot of ability to dig into raw data.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

1. SharpSpring's unlimited user model was a big plus for my clients. No need to get in touch with Sales and create a contract addendum. Takes 60 seconds to add a new user. 2. From the agency perspective, being able to manage multiple client instances from a single platform made it easy for my small team to administer. 3. The all-in-one platform makes it easy to connect marketing to sales to upsells for a complete view of the customer experience. 4. Adding a new field to the contact record or a new pipeline is super simple. No development or platform expertise needed. A huge bonus, especially when these requests turn out to be of negligible value and/or rarely used.

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

Creating additional sales pipelines required an upgrade to another Salesforce product. For the B2B tech startups our agency served, Salesforce was already a bit much for what they needed -- even before adding on needed marketing automation platforms like Marketo or Pardot. They just didn't have the dedicated resources needed for managing those complex systems.

Brooks from Engenius

A powerful platform, but still has a long way to go

We use Sharpspring for email automation, marketing automation, lead tracking, reporting, as a CRM, and as a sales tool. It allows us to track contact interactions from first touchpoint through sale. It has been a huge help.

Pros

My favorite thing about Sharpspring is the ability to track and analyze the entire life of a lead, from start to finish. It allows us to optimize our funnels and nurture prospects from interest to sale. It is a really powerful tool and offers (almost) everything you need for marketing automation from automated workflows to landing pages and forms to email design. I also love their lead scoring.

Cons

Though it offers a lot of features, it's not all that usable compared to similar products. There are countless small usability issues. Landing pages are pretty difficult to create. Support is usually great – but can at times be entirely unhelpful. Automation has some key features other tools allow. Overall, there are just a lot of features that still need to be added in order to really compete.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

We really needed a robust CRM for longer B2B buying cycles. Though all other tools were awesome, Sharpspring won out there.

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

Price was the primary reason.

Agile tool, great value

Our experience with SharpSpring has been positive. Great product, usability, and features. Still, there are areas that could use work, including reporting and segmentation, but overall a very good experience so far.

Pros

Ease-of-use: SharpSpring is very user-friendly and intuitive. It's easy to edit or create an email, set up workflows, and navigate around the platform. Versatile: SharpSpring is an all-in-one tool that you can use for your email program, sales pipeline, CRM, marketing automation, and social media. Customer service: I often frequent the online help center that has a lot of easy-to-understand solutions to many questions that come up. If this doesn't solve the issue, tech support is very responsive and the account management team is also very accommodating.

Cons

Reporting: There are some basic reports that you can pull from the data in SharpSpring, but I would love to see some more robust reporting overall, especially with the sales feature. Aggregated reports across multiple pipelines, for example, would be great to have access to. Customer segmentation: The platform could use a bit more in-depth customer segmentation features. I sometimes feel the list-building is not as intuitive as it could be.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Of the alternate products, SharpSpring was the best fit for our needs in the organization and we felt we could utilize this tool well. The pricing model was also the most straightforward and matched our needs the best.

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

We were looking for a more agile, better UI product for our Marketing Automation/Email Marketing program.

Rob from WSI-eMarketing.com

We moved ourselves and our clients over from Hubspot

The support is always there for us if we need them, but any new feature is introduced with great support materials (how-to guides/videos etc) so the need for my team to refer to them is minimised. The pricing is great when you compare to others with similar functionality and they go from strength to strength.

Pros

Originally it was transparency and pricing that made us move. But since then it's the fact that Sharpspring have continued to develop the platform with great new features (like the inbuilt CRM, Sales Automation and integrated Meeting booking functionality) many of which at no additional cost (unlike Hubspot) that means we continue to use and recommend Sharpspring over any other platform for our SMB clients.

Cons

I would like SMS functionality to be built in as well as email (I appreciate it's not as big in the USA where Sharspring's biggest customer base is) but it's big here in the UK

Pricing mainly

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

Pricing and poor client support. As an agency "WE" were the client, but they treated as merely as someone selling their product.

Anna from image.works

SharpSpring user for 4+ years

We really are able to do so much more with our marketing. We can see the interaction of clients with our marketing as a whole, not just off of one campaign. We can trigger emails and actions based on their behaviors which is very beneficial.

Pros

Being a Partner for 4+ years has allowed us to grow with them. When they were a startup, we were able to really see the changes the partners were requesting and the software has come a long way. They really value their Partners (agencies).

Cons

Sometimes SharpSpring likes to release new features, while they need to also work on continually improving their existing features.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Much less expensive and really built for agencies like us. The others also really charged a lot for the number of contacts we would have, making them not feasible.

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

Marketo was very expensive and did not allow us to resell to clients. Also not user friendly.

Michelle from ZE PowerGroup

A better option to Hubspot and other Marketing Automation solutions

We like the platform as we can track online and email interactions with prospects, customers and partners. This helps us with qualifying lead generation and tracking the stickiness of campaigns. The training of SharpSpring was challenging but we were able to muddle through and figure out a lot of stuff on our own. Customer support has also been great when they are able to help with issues that may arise.

Pros

We like the fact it is much cheaper in cost as compared to HubSpot and other marketing automation platforms. The ease of using the platform has made it easy to early adoption of the end users and we are able to fully track our MQL and ROI.

Cons

SharpSpring has an extremely high demand on email accuracy rate of 98% so quite often we get suspended due to bounced back emails. Sometimes it is difficult to have an almost 100% list when people leave companies. We have as a solution, pay for 3rd party email checker services,to help mitigate this and we also send a larger portion of emails though mailchimp.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

cost, no locked in contract, larger user base capability and ease of use

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

We wanted to have a solution that could do more analytics and tracking on engagement. SharpSpring was able to do this.

Andrea from Lexo Media

Great for an agency, but trying to get clients involved is next to impossible.

We joined the SS family mainly as a means of sending automated drip marketing emails on behalf of our clients, which it does well. We also like being able to see the life of every individual lead directly within the program. It lets us know where our strongest leads lie and where we need to do better. All in all, it gets the job done despite the interface headaches we frequently encounter.

Pros

There are a lot of features. Almost too many, actually. I can't imagine a company that could possibly use all of them successfully. Regardless, it's nice to know the option is there if a situation arises in which a certain feature becomes useful. My favorite function/feature has to be the lead tracking system. I love being able to see every interaction each lead has with my client's business. The automated actions on top of that in response to customer interaction is the main reason we use the software. It makes drip email campaigns a breeze. I like that it tracks conversions as well (although you have to set it up to do so which isn't necessarily the easiest process ever). All in all, though, it does the job we need it to do.

Cons

The SharpSpring system is VERY non-intuitive for non-marketers (and heck, even for marketers sometimes). There are just too many ways you can screw up and have to start an email, action, or workflow completely over again. We have several clients who we act as their entire marketing department for and trying to get their sales representatives to use the system the way it's intended is next to impossible. They just don't understand it or even it's purpose, even after we've done training after training after training with them. We've even had SS support do training directly with them, to no avail. I ended up creating my OWN versions of step-by-step tutorials for our clients just to make things easier to understand. The other major drawback is it's way too easy to get "blacklisted" (aka hit spamtraps and honeypots), which I realize is a problem with email marketing in general, but SS doesn't have enough safeguards in place for preventing this type of situation. We have one client who likes to import their email lists in from an on-site wifi sign-on system, which inevitably leads to poor list quality regardless of how many safeguards (email weed-out) parameters we put in place ourselves. Getting on SS's blacklist is pretty much the worst thing that can happen because you still have to pay for the service even though you can't use it until your un-blacklisted, which can take a while. Lastly, their email-design interface is terrible and trick to navigate.

Tony from e-Intelligence

SharpSpring is YES for my company, e-Intelligence.in

I recommend to use the software as it: Provides customized reports and other features that fit your marketing needs Comes with powerful features of marketing automation with easy functionalities Offers cost-effective pricing plans Updates itself continuously Combines with most CRM, eliminating the concerns of the type of hosting platform Gives amalgamation of functions in one platform for delivering marketing results, lead conversions, and easy ROI measurement However, you need to spare some time to understand the software’s deliverables. But they offer free webinars to help you to understand the tool.

Pros

SharpSpring is an automated marketing platform with features of third-party CRM integration, universal CMS compatibility, fully integrated call tracking, landing pages, blog builder and much more. It provides unlimited users for all plans, unlike its competitors. What it says vs. what it delivers: It says: It offers behavioral-based email automation with “after-the-click” tracking for personalized messaging. Yes, it delivers: With the feature, we were able to identify the cost of a lead. It also helped to decrease the unaddressed customer complaints It says: It offers in-depth analytics with statistics of clicks, bounces, and deliveries. It also enables to track the visitor’s conversions, the life cycle of a lead – from click to attending social events. No, it does not deliver: The reports and analytics are not in detail, though they provide the performance of campaigns. It misses the specifications on minute details of the strategy. It says: It offers customization in every feature such as customized conversion forms, buyer personalities, reports and much more. Yes, it delivers: My team at e-Intelligence were able to customize the tool for lead preferences, campaign performance, and email automation

Cons

Nothing that I can think of! I suggest making the most of this tool for your marketing needs. You can overlook minor glitches as they are not affecting the tool’s performance to a large extent.

Dan from The BigTime Group

SharpSpring is a phenomenal marketing automation platform.

Pros

SharpSpring is a sleek system that offers outstanding tools for marketing automation. We researched a lot of platforms ranging from free to $1000s before going with SharpSpring. They have just the right amount of features that makes it the most useful for all of our clients, leaving off the bells and whistles that would inflate the price. Their interface is top-tier which makes using their system a breeze. The dashboard gives you a comprehensive look at everything you're running. Moving around the system is super simple and they make it easy to jump to different areas when you're building a sales program. I'd urge you to check out all the features on their website because there are too many to list, but I can say that what they have offered us is unbelievably comprehensive. We've also taken full advantage of their support which is outstanding. They have always been knowledgable and very friendly. Moreover, they won't let you off the phone until they are sure that the problem has been resolved! They also offer FREE continuing education programs like webinars to help make you more proficient at their program. SharpSpring is a superior marketing automation platform, with a very intuitive interface and offer the kind of support we have rarely seen in tech companies. They have worked harder to earn and keep our business than any other vendor we've ever worked with. You would do yourself a giant favor to give their system a test drive.

Cons

I was not prepared for the steep learning curve that is required to take full advantage of this platform. I was a bit discouraged at first by everything there was to learn but I realized it's part of working with such a comprehensive platform. It's like moving to a new town and trying to figure out all the roads and highways. I don't know if that's really a con but it is something you must be aware of. You're going to need to spend some serious time learning it but once you do, navigating the system easily becomes second nature.

George from Webdesiro Ltd

SharpSpring is the number one Marketing Automation Platform for small to mid-sized digital agencies.

We are a small boutique digital marketing agency based in the UK. We spent six months researching all the marketing platforms available. It was vital to have 24/7 support available within the fees payable, favourable fee rates for an agency of our size (which did not require upfront annual payment), the option to have access to support within GMT timelines for our UK clients and last but not least a marketing automation provider who were developing new features on a near-quarterly basis. We decided that SharpSpring and their team would provide all of these features and benefits. We commenced our inbound integration mid-2016, and the integration ran extremely efficiently with amazing support within GMT timeline availability. The support since and the new features constantly being added without any impact on fee rates have made the decision to choose SharpSpring, the absolute correct choice for our company. They have over delivered every step of the way for our company. Their team are highly knowledgeable, patient and supportive. I would not choose any other platform now we are with SharpSpring.

Pros

The SharpSpring Marketing Automation Software provides the following features and benefits that make it a stand out product for my business; 1. The 24/7 support incorporated into the monthly fees; Ensuring no surprises down the line. 2. No requirement to pay fees annually upfront. 3. New landing page feature. 4. Blog page feature. 5. New integration with the Litmus test. 6. Link up with Zapier integration to allow connection to hundreds of 3rd party software providers with the Zapier integration and SharpSpring APIs. 7. Training platform library; In-depth and with video availability to walk through processes. This along with 24/7 support, in my opinion, are the two most important features out with cost of course which set SharpSpring apart as the right platform for our boutique digital marketing agency.

Cons

1. Monthly fees in dollars do not convert via local UK sterling currency rates, unlike other US marketing software providers. You pay in £ sterling the same monthly fee as in US $ dollars. 2. Email builder while it is satisfactory it could be even more user friendly.

Gary from CX3 Group, LLC

SharpSpring won me over from HubSpot

A couple of years ago our agency was a relatively happy HubSpot customer. We sold inbound services via HubSpot to our web development clients most often, but it was a hard sell and required a certain client profile to be successful. The most important aspect of an inbound client for us was deep pockets! Why? Simply because of the cost of the HubSpot platform. If a client had sufficiently deep pockets, AND was convinced of the business validity of inbound marketing versus traditional methods, the full court press was on. To give HubSpot credit, they got very involved in the client sales process and they provided a lot of tools to aid agencies in the inbound sales process, BUT, all of that comes at a cost. A significant cost. While HubSpot gets a lot of credit for pioneering the inbound marketing platform space, they have become, in this agencies opinion, a bit bloated over the years. What we mean is that they provide so much it is sometimes difficult to choose what is most important to push and provide for each client. The net effect is, however, that whatever your client does want to do, Personas, email marketing, automation, web site development, contact list management etc., it's all included. So what's the downside? Their strength is their biggest weakness. No matter how little or how much of HubSpots resources you use, the cost is the same. Of course there are tiers of cost, but even the lowest tier is roughly ten times the cost of SharpSpring. So use a little, pay a lot. Use a lot, pay a lot. Now we at CX3 Group don't necessarily sell on price, however, if the tools that you bring to the table for your clients are less expensive, but still as, or more, effective, it gives the agency a lot of flexibility when customizing various packages to promote. While generally content with HubSpot back in the day, we are extremely pleased with SharpSpring. Approaching our two year anniversary with them we take every opportunity to sing their praises, and it's NOT just about pricing. While SharpSpring is a fraction of the cost, of HubSpot (& others) the features it includes are all the features we ever really used with HubSpot. That is to say, we are paying for what we use, and not paying for anything that sits in the cupboard looking pretty, but we don't need. If I had more space here I'd go into the newest features that SharpSpring has rolled out over the past 6 months. Suffice it to say, we're a very happy and satisfied SharpSpring client! -CX3 Group

Pros

Cost vs. benefit. Has all of the features our clients want or need, without a bunch of stuff we have to pay for that they don't need.

Cons

It's a struggle to find something I don't like, but if it was one thing over the past two years, it would be the lack of support on the sales side for our clients. More customized training and presentations for client side would be great.

Alexander from SGW Integrated Marketing Communications

Great Marketing Automation With a Solid Support Team

I've been using SharpSpring for just about under a year in this time, I've recommended it to just about every marketer I've worked with. Typically, marketing automation software has only been usable by large and mid-size organizations due to the high cost of both the software and the expertise in operating an inbound marketing campaign. SharpSpring costs only a fraction of competing tools like HubSpot, Pardot, Marketo, etc., but it offers all of the core features of these platforms and has a few of its own features, like a built-in customizable CRM, that make it a great fit for just about any marketing team. There aren't any serious downsides or tradeoffs with SharpSpring vs the more expensive platforms. The customer service team is always very attentive and transparent about bugs and fixes, and SharpSpring has made a series of significant upgrades even during the time I've been using the platform. If you're used to using some of the other platforms I mentioned, some pieces of SharpSpring might initially feel less polished. But, once you look under the hood and start working with the platform, everything is there in a pretty intuitive layout. Highly recommended for marketing & sales teams.

Pros

The core marketing automation functionality in SharpSpring is excellent. If you're looking for Visitor ID tracking, better email communication, personalization, a landing page builder, or a CRM, SharpSpring is definitely worth a look. Even though it's a "soft" feature, it's worth noting that the customer service team has been great to work with. I've been able to give my clients solid timelines for when to expect a fix or help.

Cons

The email and landing page builders are solid, but they lack some of the intuitive features that you might get from a dedicated email service provider like Campaign Monitor or Mail Chimp. There might be a few things you'll miss migrating over from one of these platforms, though nothing important for obtaining the same end results.

Nigel from On Tap Marketing Ltd

Making great progress with SharpSpring

I've used a couple of different Marketing Automation platforms in the past. Marketo briefly and Act-On for a couple of years. I switched to SharpSpring around 6 months ago when I set up my own marketing agency. Really happy with how its going. OK - its obvious that SharpSpring is a smaller company. I come across the occasional feature that could do with some refinement. But overall its fair to say I love SharpSpring. Top features from my POV... Ease of use - The separation of Tasks and Workflows seems to make this a much simpler product to use than Act-on. Easier than Marketo as well - though its about 3 years since I used that. The templates provided for rapidly building landing pages are excellent. The new personas feature is brilliant when combined with "Dynamic content blocks" (which you can use on landing pages as well as Emails. The built in CRM is a huge advantage and is perfect for BDM teams or smaller companies. Obviously if you can make do without a full-featured CRM like Salesforce, you'll save thousands $$ by switching to a simpler product like SharpSpring. (I used to use Act-on integrated with Salesforce and that was an absolute pig.) Cost - SharpSpring is much less expensive than Act-On and Marketo. You get unlimited users on their standard license plans - so you're not penalised for spreading use across Marketing, BDMs and Sales folk. So features - not a problem. I've found the training / on-boarding satisfactory and the ongoing technical support is fast and personal.

Pros

Ease of use, good templates, built in CRM (although you can integrate with 3rd party CRM if you need.) Cost saving compared to competing products - especially if you can dispense with a full-fat CRM like Salesforce which is bloated and over priced for SME market in my opinion.

Cons

Occasional glitches. Sometimes you have to refresh the page to see the result of a change that you have made. For example - the number of members in a list - can take a few minutes after saving the query to report a true number. But you soon learn to live with minor issues like this.

Justin from FUEL Digital Media

An Invaluable Tool, Though Not Perfect

We've been using SharpSpring for nearly a year at our agency, and have used almost every feature of it (SalesForce integration, automated workflows, API for custom reporting, full-on CRM, etc.). We love SharpSpring. In fact, in the past few months, SharpSpring has been responsible for helping us close nearly one million dollars in new business. As a B2B tool, the fact that we can see what businesses are browsing our site and reach out to them even if they don't submit a form is invaluable, and worth 10x cost. Every client we bring in gets put on the platform, and it's an indispensible part to growing their business. We are able to verify leads which instills confidence in our reporting, but also helps us evaluate the quality of leads and ROI through lead scoring and campaign assignments. We've used SharpSpring as white-labeled companion and even migrated some clients over to use it as their CRM. It's extremely versatile. SharpSpring's breadth of tools means you could be using it for a year and still not have used some of its features to the fullest of their ability (Dynamic Emails, Dynamic Web Content), and that's great... but it is also the cause of some frustration, as they sometimes rush out products to tout they have a new product, but that product will still feel very "beta" in nature. When dynamic landing pages were introduced we tried to use it for two weeks, and there was a bug that would wipe out whatever changes you made. We eventually abandoned using that tool, but came back several months later and it worked as it should have. The flip side of this is that SharpSpring is constantly working to improve. It is not a platform that rests on its laurels. You can also submit a feature or improvement to their team directly. Anytime we have had an issue, Customer Support has been great. Their agents have resolved our numerous issues quickly, whether its answering a quick implementation question or testing bugs for a larger issue. Overall, SharpSpring has been an integral tool to both our agency's growth but our clients' growth. And, though new tools sometimes feel buggy, we can easily overlook it due to the value it provides us.

Pros

Being able to leverage anonymous web user data to create actionable insights way before they fill a form out is invaluable. For an agency/B2B company, it is the most reliable new lead generator of any tool out there.

Cons

New features roll out and feel like they should still be in beta. It has a few quirks like a lack of global date range filter that don't necessarily hinder reporting/analysis but are a slight inconvenience.

September 2016

Kevin from CoreCentive, Inc.

September 2016

Sharpspring is a terrific marketing automation tool that provides great value

Our experience with Sharpspring has been great. A trememdous value for our company that has already shown us ROI. Our company uses Sharpspring for both marketing automation and as our CRM tool. Specifically, Sharpspring is allowing us to target prospects in our database to fill top of the sales funnel with prospects, as well as allowing us to nurture specific prospects based on their engagement with us. Depending on an action a prospect takes, we can serve up the appropriate response automatically to further cultivate this person. In addition, we are able to use the analytics the system provides to better help us understand which marketing activities are working and which ones are not

Pros

It is easy to use. There is a learning curve, but it is not that steep. The list building logic and workflow logic just makes sense, and I think this is where Sharpspring shines. SharpSpring's support was critical to our success in getting started, as getting started truly is the hardest part. The responsiveness from their support team is also incredible. If you are not looking for all the bells and whistles that you ultimately won't use, Sharpspring is a true value.

Cons

The improvements I would like to see in Sharpspring centers around the contact management part of their solution. We have sales people that are using the system as their CRM and some basic features like searching, segmenting, and sorting are not available to a person in the sales person role permission.