All SmarterQueue Reviews

Kate

Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Hands-down the best social media scheduler available

PROS

It's not only super-easy to use, but when I have a problem, customer service is phenomenal. Consistently excellent. Great value.

CONS

I wish IG stories posted automatically, but it's probably out of their hands. Wish I could post to personal profile as well as business profile. Looking forward to Threads being available.

It was limited

Hi Kate, Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on SmarterQueue, we truly appreciate your review! We're so happy to hear that SmarterQueue is such a good fit and you're taking full advantage of all our time-saving features. We also really appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. We love hearing how we can make SmarterQueue better. It's great to hear that we are helping you so much, and thanks again for sharing your review!

Replied July 2023

Joy

Mental Health Care, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2022

Very grateful for the ease SQ creates

PROS

SQ changed my experience of expanding my community and managing my posts on Instagram. I have all my content set to recycle on SQ, so I no longer have to take time out of each day or week to generate new content or make sure that I post during peak times for my audience. I love that I can create categories of content and keep them on automatic— or pause when I have a special message to share or workshop to promote. SQ posts for me every day, and I get to spend my time and energy in the comments and DMs, responding to people who are helped by my content. I find that to be a more energizing and meaningful place to put my energy.

CONS

It’s taken time to be able to figure out how to access certain features. SQ is mostly intuitive, but not as effortless as I would like. For example, it would be nice to have an obvious button to pause publishing on the categories page instead of going to settings. I also wish that I could set up the same post on multiple SM profiles to recycle and always have them post the same content to various profiles on the same day going forward, so that everyone who follows my different SM would receive the same content at the same time. Then I’d really be able to take advantage of the multiple profiles features. But, hands down, SQ is the best scheduler I’ve tried!

Reasons for switching to SmarterQueue

Later was pretty limited, and then took away the ability to post for free 30 days a month. Since I was going to have to start paying, I decided to go for SQ, which offers SO much more than Later.

Hi Joy, Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on SmarterQueue, we truly appreciate your review! We're so happy to hear that SmarterQueue is such a good fit and you're taking full advantage of all our time-saving features. We also really appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. We love hearing how we can make SmarterQueue better. It's great to hear that we are helping you so much, and thanks again for sharing your review!

Replied October 2022

Dzaner

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Launched Too Soon

Great support - but app is cleary not done testing - they rushed to market - wait till they update their platform not a good use of yuour time currenly.

PROS

Great software with intersting features that help you scheudle posts in a more creative way - especailly the evergreen posts

CONS

Content cannot be hosted and the push to phone notifications resize your videos making them grainy and not publishable on instagram. Text is blurry, visuals are blurry - we could not use it at all.

Reasons for switching to SmarterQueue

Went from hootsuite to SQ however we are not back on Hootsuite.

Hi Dzaner, Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions of SmarterQueue, we truly appreciate your review! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed the scheduling capabilities and the extra engagement boost from the Evergreen feature. We also greatly appreciate your feedback on how SmarterQueue can be better. Your specific niche case was very helpful for our team to identify and plan future improvements. While we're currently prioritizing developing other features that our customers are super excited about, we're looking forward to putting your great feedback to great use soon. Thanks again for sharing your review!

Replied February 2022

Nici

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2022

Helping you schedule ongoing posts

I started on the trial and within 4 days (because I could reuse old posts and add variations to them) I had 3 months of posts scheduled in 5 platforms. Very impressed. Now I can keep adding to it and as I do that repeating schedule will move out.

PROS

I liked 3 things in particular - evergreen posts - so I can organise certain posts and set and forget (for years if I want); variations on evergreen posts - I haven't seen another product that does this, it means that my evergreen posts aren't so obvious (if I set 4 variations on text and 3 images and set up 3 months of posts then my post won't actually exactly repeat for 3 years); the third feature is the ability to pull previous posts or set up posts from my blogs - this allowed me to actually reuse the 3 years of post I have already spent time on and get more value from them.

CONS

I would love it to do instagram story and instagram reel automatic posting. I don't want to be doing mobile posting. But I believe they are working on that.

Reason for choosing SmarterQueue

Price comparisons and the evergreen/variations feature.

Reasons for switching to SmarterQueue

I liked Later, but they increased the prices and so I shopped around and found a feature (evergreen and variations) that I couldn't get in Later.

Hi Nici, Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions of SmarterQueue, we truly appreciate your review! We're so happy to hear you're taking full advantage of all the time-saving features available. From your description, you're absolutely nailing your social media presence and leveraging all that SmarterQueue has to offer so well. We also appreciate the feedback and understand your requests regarding Instagram Direct Publishing. While Reels are in fact coming soon, Stories will continue to use the mobile app, as Instagram isn't allowing direct publishing yet. Still, we're so happy to hear that SmarterQueue is working out so well for you! It's awesome to hear that it's such a good fit. Thanks again for sharing your review!

Replied August 2022

Rosie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Best Social Media Scheduler

I am saving so much time now and there are so many options with posting content, such as evergreeen posts, repeating posts a certain amount of times/ alternative captions. It has just made my job as a digital marketer so much easier.

PROS

I have used Later and Hootsuite before coming across SmarterQue and it is the BEST content scheduler I have used. It is easy to plan content and there are so many other features for creating content I haven't used yet. It was the best priced for the amount of accounts I run and I love that you can customise your package.

CONS

The only fault with SmarterQue is tagging other accounts in the captions. Sometimes it doesn't work and when @ tagging account they won't pop up. This can get frustrating!

Reason for choosing SmarterQueue

Smarter Que was a more superior product. The user experience is very good and there is so many tools to utilise.

Reasons for switching to SmarterQueue

Hootsuite wanted over £70 and that cost didn't cover the 9 accounts we run. The software was glitchy and I disliked the format. It felt very clunky.

Hi Rosie, Thanks for taking the time to share your opinions of SmarterQueue, we truly appreciate your review! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying SmarterQueue and that we were a welcome alternative to the platforms you were using in the past. It's so great that you're taking full advantage of all the scheduling options and have customized your plan to fit your needs. We also greatly appreciate your feedback and feel like we can help more. If you could tell us more about any tagging issues by writing us at hello@smarterqueue.com, we'd be happy to help. It's great to hear that we are helping you so much, and thanks again for sharing your review!

Replied June 2022

Reuben

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed January 2021

Smarterqueue has taken our social media out of the 'too-hard basket'

Tl;dr: It's a fantastic piece of software if you're a time poor marketer without a dedicated social media function in your business. It will save you time and it will be worth the investment.

PROS

Okay, so this software isn't the most glamourous, fancy AI thing in the world, but it IS a fantastic example of a smart but simple solution to a problem that every single marketer experiences. The need for consistency in social posting is a fundamental of any marketing strategy these days but it's also time consuming. As a sole charge marketer I seldom have time to do the crucial parts of my job - let alone the 'should probably do that' kind of tasks like making social posts every week. It has been a massive weight off my shoulders to know that posts are in the queue and that they'll recycle when we run out. It's also a good motivator to get new content in there, because I know that it won't take me long to chuck a few new posts into each category. The posting schedule is an elegant solution as it removes one of the decisions I need to make when adding in new content - because I've already made that decision. None of the usual "oh no, I accidentally scheduled two Linkedin posts within five minutes of each other" hand wringing that I've tussled with in the past. Long story short, this product will actually save you time in the way that other schedulers say they will. Sure, there are some tradeoffs, but if you don't have a dedicated social media person at your organisation, this product WILL change your life.

CONS

There are limitations to the queue approach but the tradeoffs are generally worth it. There are some standard features that are missing and/or in development. But the roadmap and ability to vote on features goes a long way to making this feel less of an issue. The biggest dilemma is the lack of users within one account and the interface to review drafts. It just makes the approval process a little more clunky than it is in other programs I have used (like Sprout for example). That said, the amount of time I spend doing this is still less than it would take me to manually schedule the same volume of posts, so it's a net positive. Other little niggles are things like having to use the same image when editing posts for different networks - you have to change once they are drafts or in the queue to get the right ratios for each network. The Bit.ly integration and embedded UTM parameters are great - when you want a bit.ly link. There are a bunch of times that you might want a visible URL in a post (esp for Insta) and the automatic change to a bit.ly link has caused me a mild amount of frustration a few times. I include these not because they're big issues, but to be clear that it's not perfect, but that's the level of frustration I've experienced. Pretty minor in the scheme of things.

Reason for choosing SmarterQueue

Price and time saving functionality.

Reasons for switching to SmarterQueue

Time savings promised by Smarterqueue. SEM was the default as we already used it for SEO research.

Hi Reuben, Thanks for taking the time to share your review! It's so great to hear that your overall experience with SmarterQueue has been so positive and that you're benefiting so much from it. And thank you so much for all the helpful feedback!

Replied February 2021

Pat

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2020

Love, love, love Smarterqueue

PROS

Being of mature age, it is not always easy for me to learn new software. With that being said, Smarterqueue is user-friendly and if I can set it up, ANYONE can! It initially took me about 2-3 hours which to me is not alot of time. They have so many great functions available to you especially their "evergreen" option which to me is invaluable. I have not seen that option available. It is definitely one of my most important tools in my tool box for my small business to run smoothly and efficiently.

CONS

The only negative that I will have to say about Smarterqueue is that you still cannot post on Instagram and that is very frustrating to me. Because of this I have to use Hootsuite for my Instagram posts. Believe me I would much rather deal with all of my social media posts under one roof but alas that is not the case.

Reason for choosing SmarterQueue

User friendly and great options.

Reasons for switching to SmarterQueue

I found Hootsuite very complicated believe it or not!

Hi Pat, Thanks for taking the time to share your opinions of SmarterQueue, we truly appreciate your review! We're so happy to hear that you're finding SmarterQueue so easy to ease and that Evergreen has become such a valuable feature for you and your social media presence. We also appreciate the feedback on Instagram Auto-Publishing and we want to assure you that this is something we're actively looking into. It's great to hear that we are helping you so much, and thanks again for sharing your review!

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2021

If you post timeless content on social, you NEED this software

It's automated, easy, fast to populate, and fun to use. Other than the (likely temporary) issue of not being able to hide invalid images, everything rocks. I love the pricing, capabilities, and trial options. For a double-length trial period, use this link: https://smarterqueue.com/?afmc=s7 and see how fast social can be.

PROS

The automation of posting schedules and ease with which new posts are created absolutely rock. I can't say enough about how streamlined everything is. It was easy to learn and is a blast to use. I love this software!

CONS

There isn't presently a way to hide or delete previously accessed images. This makes it very important to only upload images that are vetted... no spelling issues, formatting concerns, etc. within the pictures! It would be wonderful if we could personally delete or hide images so that only Evergreen images display in the image search. This way, if we have an image that has been updated, we don't accidentally choose the old one. For now, my suggestion is to 1) be very discerning about which images are used or simply clicked on, and 2) only upload content after vetting.

Reasons for switching to SmarterQueue

Hootsuite does many things very well, but the management of timeless 'Evergreen' posts is not among them. As an author and inspirational life coach, most of the content I post is timeless. Being able to set it and forget it with respect to scheduling was essential for me. Before switching, I spoke with a rep about my needs and the functionality I'd found in SmarterQueue. I've never heard 'we can't do that' and 'that's not possible' so many times in my life! Hootsuite may be ideal for many businesses, but SmarterQueue dominates in the Evergreen content world.

Hi Chris, Thanks for taking the time to share your opinions of SmarterQueue, we truly appreciate your review! We're so happy to hear that you're taking full advantage of the time-saving capabilities of SmarterQueue and that you're enjoying the content creation and scheduling features. We also greatly appreciate your feedback on how SmarterQueue can be better, with more options around the Media Library. We're taking note of it as we're constantly working on future improvements. It's great to hear that we are helping you so much, and thanks again for sharing your review!

Replied October 2021

Stone

Professional Training & Coaching, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2021

Affordable and Flexible

There customer service was very responsive when I got stuck and had questions. They also were human and receptive to my feedback about my unhappiness with accessibility features. In both interactions, I felt supported as a user and taken seriously as a customer.

PROS

I love the ease of creating categories of posts, specifying which channels they broadcast to and when and then letting the system take care of the rest. This app streamlines my whole social media workflow making it simple to fill my queue throughout the week - both organically and for planned campaigns.

CONS

As many have requested, the app doesn't yet support accessibility features in posting like alt-text for images or first comment on twitter to allow users to put captions there.

Reason for choosing SmarterQueue

I appreciated the calendar view posting plan and the evergreen reposting feature.

Reasons for switching to SmarterQueue

I wanted the evergreen re-posting feature.

Hi Stone, Thanks for taking the time to share your opinions of SmarterQueue, we truly appreciate your review! We're so incredibly happy to hear that SmarterQueue helped you streamline your social media workflow and that you're taking full advantage of all the great features. We also want to thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your ideas and take them very seriously. Alt-text is definitely on our list for future improvements, and we'll make sure to look into Twitter First Comment too. It's great to hear that we are helping you so much, and thanks again for sharing your review!

Replied October 2021

Frida

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Good price / performance ratio

In general, I like this tool. For the small price, it offers the essential features to run social media channels efficiently. Even the free version covers basic needs. The support team is constructive and responds quickly. The only downside is the lack of a content planner/editorial calendar. Such a calendar would ideally round off the package.

PROS

The tool is easy to use. Ideal for self-employed, non-profit / small organisations, clubs and small businesses that want to have a professional social media management despite a small budget. Even in the free version, the most important and basic features are available. I also like the feature "Recycling" which allows to automatically re-publish a certain post during a certain period of time. Ideal to run special campaigns.

CONS

Each post must be assigned to a category. This category then defines the schedule. For certain industries this may be a helpful feature. However, I do not understand why assigning a category is mandatory. I would appreciate this feature to be optional.

Reason for choosing SmarterQueue

Since we only have a small budget available, this tool offers the best price/performance ratio for our current needs.

Hi Frida, Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions of SmarterQueue, we truly appreciate your review! We're so happy to hear that SmarterQueue is working out so well for you and that you're taking full advantage of all its time-saving features! We also really appreciate your feedback and we want you to know that we keep track of all ideas on how SmarterQueue can be better, to plan for the future. It's great to hear that we are helping you so much, and thanks again for sharing your review!

Replied March 2023

Bert

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2020

A necessary peace of my business

A very good tool for social media marketers.

PROS

This feauture is easy to use ... and if i have questions or issues they're quickly solved by the support team. I am very pleased to use it for all my social media.

CONS

Sometimes there's something not that clear ... but with the help of the support team they're solved very fast. Only upload for animated posts would nice to have (especially for facebook and instagram) One way the engagement communication (inbox) part is not really clear to me ... or is it because i still have the "wrong" plan

Reasons for switching to SmarterQueue

They promosed a lot of changes ... but with every change they changed the payment plans to

Hi Bert, Thanks for taking the time to share your opinions of SmarterQueue, we truly appreciate your review! We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying SmarterQueue and finding it easy to use. It's also great to hear that we've been able to support you as a team and that you know you can find the answers you need by reaching out to us. We'd love to help out more if you need clarification on Inbox or uploading GIFs to social media. Please reach out at any time you need assistance or check out our great Help Center here, where you can find answers to frequently asked questions: https://help.smarterqueue.com It's great to hear that we are helping you so much, and thanks again for sharing your review!

Gail

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Save Time

I manage all of our social platforms with SmarterQueue. As a small business owner, it saves me time and makes our marketing much more professional.

PROS

I have been using SmarterQueue since it was in Beta. I tried other bigger rivals and they just didn't compare to SmarterQueue for ease of use and features.

CONS

There are no features that I am looking for

Reasons for switching to SmarterQueue

I tried several different platforms and they just didn't make it as easy or have the features that SmarterQueue offer.

Hi Gail, Thanks for taking the time to share your opinions of SmarterQueue, we truly appreciate your review! We are so happy to hear that SmarterQueue is saving you time and is so helpful with keeping your content and social media presence organized. It's great to hear that we are helping you so much, and thanks again for sharing your review!

Lisa

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2020

Very convenient and easy to use!

I've had great experience with customer support. Overall, I just love SmarterQueue and I don't know how I'd get by without it :-)

PROS

I love the inbox, where I can check my social messages from Facebook and Twitter in the one place. It's so easy to ad my own posts and links, and to find, curate and share other creator's content that aligns with mine. I can also shuffle the queue. I love it :-)

CONS

There's actually nothing that I don't like about SmarterQueue.

Reasons for switching to SmarterQueue

SmarterQueue is easily as good, and more affordable.

Hi Lisa, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your review! We're so glad to hear that you're enjoying SmarterQueue and that you're finding it so easy to use to curate great content, both from you and other creators that are relevant to your audience. We're always happy to help so we're very happy to hear that you've had such positive experiences reaching out. Thanks again for sharing your review!

Frances

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2020

Great App!

PROS

This app offers easy integration with social media platforms and offers the added option to multi-post evergreen blog posts and inspirational messages.

CONS

I supposed a chat feature would be good for when I have issues with the app.

Reasons for switching to SmarterQueue

SocialOomph's integration was difficult for LinkedIn and it's publishing was unreliable. It's publishing to Twitter was also unreliable.

Hi Frances, Thanks for taking the time to share your opinions of SmarterQueue, we truly appreciate your review! We're so happy to hear that you've found it easy to integrate your social media with SmarterQeueu and that you're enjoying all the great features at your disposal, including Evergreen recycling. We also appreciate your feedback on how we can support you more. We do have a Live Chat option available under the 'Get Help' button (the 'Ask' option), in the lower-right corner of the Dashboard. While we're a small team and aren't always available, we try to take chats every day. It's great to hear that we are helping you so much, and thanks again for sharing your review!

Replied August 2020

Kyrie

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2022

Social Media Management that works

This is the one piece of software that I will absolutely not give up. It is essential to managing my social media pages in a consistent way that doesn't take much time so I can focus my time on actually running my business. I know I'm not even using it to its fullest extent (e.g., I don't have seasonal plans set up and I'm not using the Canva connection although I also have a Canva account) but I can't imagine running my business without it.

PROS

I have two business Facebook accounts, a Twitter account, and an Instagram account. I HATED running my social media pages and found it to be time-consuming and tedious. SQ makes it so much easier... I can schedule an entire week's worth of posts on all four pages in less than an hour.

CONS

A few features I wish it had: • Branding on Facebook • Finding business tags on Twitter and Instagram (easy to do on Facebook, but not the others) • Better hashtag search • Direct share of Facebook posts in the find stuff to share section... it shares the image and text but not as if I share the post directly from Facebook. Occasionally one of my Facebook posts fails but this may be a Facebook issue, not a SQ issue. I get an immediate email notification; it would be helpful if I got an app notification too.

Reasons for switching to SmarterQueue

Buffer lacked too many features I needed

Hi Kyrie, Thanks for taking the time to share your opinions of SmarterQueue, we truly appreciate your review! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying SmarterQueue and that you're taking full advantage of all its amazing features to keep your social media presence active. We also really appreciate your feedback and we want you to know that we keep track of all ideas on how SmarterQueue can be better, to plan for the future. Thanks again for sharing your review!

Replied September 2022

vicky

Writing and Editing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Brilliant, easy to use, scheduler

It is such a hands-off, 'set it and forget it' platform, and it genuinely does make my life easier with how simple it is to use - onboarding took minutes, and they have really thought about the user when designing this, you can tell. It does everything you need it to without being an overloaded mess of confusing features (which I found other platforms to be) and the plan is customisable which is another huge plus as you can flex it to your business and needs. Social media doesn't bring me a lot of traffic in general but it is something that I need to maintain an active presence on all the same, so taking the legwork and mental energy out of this process and making it simple is something I greatly appreciate and it gives a lot of time back to the business.

PROS

The main reason I chose this software is the option to recycle evergreen posts, which is perfect for my business. The interface is super-easy to use, changing things up is also very easy, it feels a lot 'newer' in terms of interface and features compared to products like Hootsuite which don't seem to have changed much in years and feel clunky and complicated. I like the recent addition of the Instagram grid also, a big plus for me is that it's very easy to bulk upload from a .csv, and customer service is responsive.

CONS

I think that the bulk post uploader should be available on all plans, I think you have to get a higher tier plan to be able to do this currently. I would have signed up for a year if the bulk uploader was available on all plans as I really like the software, but that feature is something I will only use once every few months, so it doesn't make sense for me to pay for it all the time.

Reason for choosing SmarterQueue

Mainly it had particular features I was looking for, but I would not have stuck around after the free trial if it weren't such a good experience as there are so many com. Good balance of features and cost and easy to use.

Reasons for switching to SmarterQueue

I was looking for something where I could recycle particular evergreen posts - my other software did not offer this feature.

Hi Vicky, Thanks for taking the time to share your opinions of SmarterQueue, we truly appreciate your review! We're so happy to see that SmarterQueue has so many features that you are finding helpful, especially Evergreen Recycling. We're also glad to hear that you're finding everything easy to use. We're also happy to receive your feedback about the Bulk Uploader and we are glad that you've found the best way to take advantage of it when you need it. It's great to hear that we are helping you so much, and thanks again for sharing your review!

Mikayla

Mining & Metals, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Robust user friendly features at a great price

I've built my company's LinkedIn following to over 6500 in the four years we've used SQ, which might not sound like much, but we're a niche manufacturer. None of our competitors comes close to our following on all platforms.

PROS

I chose SQ for the ability to recycle posts and craft a theme-oriented posting schedule across multiple channels. At the time, their only competitor with similar features was more than twice the cost. Since then, SQ has added many features to make it the best tool for social media managers, while keeping their price-point low. I recommend SQ to everyone, especially small business owners who want a consistent socmed presence but don't have time to waste.

CONS

My only wish is for a more fully featured mobile app.

Recycling, custom scheduling, cost

Hi Mikayla, Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on SmarterQueue, we truly appreciate your review! We're so happy to hear that SmarterQueue is such a good fit and you're taking full advantage of all our time-saving features. We also really appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. We love hea