What are Snapchat users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Snapchat software through verified user reviews

• icon"It is fun to communicate with your friends and family and easy to use. I like the feature to save pictures in the app's memory itself from phone storage."
  • icon"It helps me keep in touch with my friends and family through an excellent and user friendly interface."
  • icon"I like how you can post stories, send money to friends and contacts, see when your messages are open and read and that you can see if a user screenshot or screen recorded your content."
  • icon"Runs noticeably worse on Android ( compared to on Apple phones ). A lot of the adds are likely to not be relevant to your age demographic."
  • icon"It only work when the devices is online. It fakes the real identity of a person into a more beauty or ugly."
  • icon"I disliked that the filters change without you wanting them too."

Browse all Snapchat Reviews

• Have you used Snapchat and would like to share your experience with others?

Glenn

Company size: 501 - 1,000 employees

Great Social Media Platform

Mahmoud

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

September 2022

Document all the moments

Excellent software for posting photos with friends, easy to use and free

Pros

Snapchat is a multiuse application , you can explore the world as a public or even just your friends , you can share all the beautiful moment with you friends and keep it as a wonderful memory , also you can use it for chatting , advertisement . Its always up to date to provide you the best experience , it's suitable for all smart phones and you use it as an offline camera and take advantage on the filters that provided

Cons

The resolution of the pictures that came from snapchat not satisfied for certain people but still better for the more , also the erasing the chat after it viewed or after 24 hrs. from viewing it's consider as a disadvantage for the app

Reasons for choosing Snapchat

For quick take a pictures at all the moment , snapchat is more easier

August 2022

Snapchat - the program that is popular among teenagers

It's a fantastic platform to explore during a lockdown. I prefer snapchat over Instagram since I only keep my closest friends on there. Also, due of the vanishing aspect, I am concerned that not just the worst of adults might send offensive texts to youngsters without leaving long-lasting evidence to show their guilt. Pictures, which are more vibrant than messages, allow you to rapidly catch up with pals. Social media is solely about sharing photographs and videos. However, when it comes to publishing formats, it is not as broad as other social networking platforms. Snapchat is only used by very young individuals.

Pros

Because messages and data self-destruct, information security is extremely high. You may easily change the picture message format. Because Snapchat does not keep data like Facebook Messenger or Zalo, the access speed is fast. A sizable user base.

Cons

Snapchat is a dangerous app for children under the age of 18 to use since snaps are swiftly removed. This makes it very hard for parents to monitor their children's activities in the app.

Reasons for choosing Snapchat

I need the security of Snapchat to be able to delete things I need in a short time. That way my work will be safer when communicating with customers.

August 2022

Ok tool for social media

Overall, using Snapchat has been fine for personal messaging but can get confusing sometimes. Marketing wise, I'm not sure if it's the most efficient tool for getting the message out.

Pros

I like the messaging feature of this and being able to message and send pictures very easily. It is a good tool to keep up to date with friends and hobbies/organizations you are interested in.

Cons

I don't like the disappearing message functionality as much because it gets confusing and sometimes I want to save something but forget.

Anam

June 2022

Grow your business as well as entertain yourself !

I spend my Quality time on it. It's really easy to make new friends on Snapchat and the consistency we need to maintain is by sending a daily streak. It is a good platform for Marketing your business without investing. you can advertise your products or even make business-related products video free of cost. Overall my experience is good. snapchat is complete entertainment as well as helpful for your business marketing.

Pros

The most like feature in Snapchat is sending notifications of someone who is secretly safe videos or taking a screenshot without permission, posting stories, a huge collection of snap filters, and the streak feature which makes every snap friend connect.

Cons

I can't able to send pictures or videos to my all group at one time. It makes it difficult and time-consuming to capture pictures every time and send them to all groups. Snapchat introduces a feature to add at least 1500 people in one group which makes it easy for us.

Reasons for switching to Snapchat

Snapchat is easy to use and has more features than TikTok. A huge collection of filters and sending streaks on daily basis makes your friends more connected. The new feature makes it easy to work to advertise the product.

Still works?

I used the platform a lot when it was launched, as it was innovative and a lot of fun. I chose to migrate to other platforms that had other functions in addition to the functions that this app provided.

Pros

I've used this platform a lot when it was launched, I really liked the new social network proposal that the platform brought at the time, I believe its filters are still better today than other competing platforms

Cons

The software has not had any updates or insertion of new tools that were really significant over the years, it has lost a lot of market space to new software that has a wider variety of tools and that deliver more features and functions. As a result, most of its users chose to migrate to other platforms.

Reasons for switching to Snapchat

In addition to having the same features, this platform is much more complete and its updates provide more and more tools.

Megan

More than just a social media platform

I mainly use Snapchat to communicate with friends and family, especially ones that live out of state. I feel like it's a lot more private than other social media platforms like Instagram or Facebook. I also used Snapchat briefly for my blog business. I created a separate account to communicate with followers in a more personal way and to show a more private side of myself. I prefer Instagram to accomplish this same goal but I have friends who are influencers that have a lot of success on Snapchat.

Pros

Wonderful social media platform for business as well as keeping up with friends and family. Snapchat is simple to use so it's great for every age group. Some Snapchat features that I enjoy: You can permanently save all your photos taken on Snapchat to your Snapchat camera roll. It's the same as storing photos on a cloud service except it's totally free on Snapchat. I have hundreds of photos and videos I've taken over the years saved to my Snapchat camera roll. I also like the Discover section of Snapchat. You can see stories, episodes, articles, and photos from celebs, news outlets, and different channels. You can even subscribe to your favorite channels and scroll through the Discover section to find new channels that interest you. Something else that I like is how customizable Snapchat photos and videos have become. There are tons of filters and effects you can add to your photos and videos. You can add text, change the speed of videos, tag locations, add music to your videos and so much more. You can use the Snapchat camera or upload a photo you took on your regular phone camera to the Snapchat app and edit it there.

Cons

A problem I recently encountered was with the Discover section. I made my younger sister a Snapchat account so that she could send pics and videos to her parents and siblings. I wanted to completely block the Discover section so that nothing showed up on there that could potentially be inappropriate for her. After an hour of trying to figure it out, I found out it's impossible to turn off the Discover section. You can choose your preferences for what genre of material you want suggested to you, but you can't completely turn it off. That was disappointing. My sister is young and I don't want her exposed to any media outlets. I just wanted to give her access to the camera and feature of sending and receiving pics and videos. I hope they change this in the future, especially considering so many young kids like playing with the Snapchat camera and filters.

Ayesha

Communicate In Complete Privacy

I've been using this app for a while. I love the security they offer, and their consistently updated, trendy filters keep me engaged. Using it to create content is always pleasant.

Pros

The user interface is quite interactive. The trendy filters are outstanding. Data security is the major characteristic that always draws me in. It doesn't get much safer than this.

Cons

The fact that this community appeals primarily to adults are its one weakness. There needs to be an age limit. Otherwise, it'd be extremely hard to monitor kids' activity on this app.

Eduardo

Industry: Photography

Avaliação Snapchat

A minha experiência de anos com o Snapchat sempre foi leve, divertida e agregadora, uma vez que a plataforma vem melhorando, vem se desenvolvendo e é pioneira em muitos dos serviços que oferece. Atualmente carece um pouco de divulgação, especialmente no Brasil, onde já foi muito mais explorada.

Pros

Meu aspecto favorito em relação ao Snapchat é sem dúvida a facilidade de uso e a interface simplificada, que colaboram e muito para qualquer tipo de ação dentro da plataforma. Outro ponto positivo é que, caso você tenha um público-alvo definido e ele esteja dentro do Snapchat, é bastante simples chegar até ele. O app ainda tem Filtros Geográficos capazes de mostrar onde os usuários estão, utilizando isso a favor. É possível ainda enviar conteúdos privados e exclusivos, agregando valor à comunidade que desejo impactar.

Cons

Infelizmente a plataforma foi perdendo espaço e não conseguiu acompanhar o crescimento exponencial de concorrentes como o Instagram Stories e o TikTok, o que acabou por limitar bastante o público que está inserido no app e o utiliza todos os dias. Esse fator acabou diminuindo minha própria exposição a conteúdos no Snapchat, uma vez que preciso estar onde há mais usuários, aumentando possibilidades de interação e engajamento.

Vanshika

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

December 2021

Snapchat review

Excellent

Pros

The fact that it’s so easy to snap, and doesn’t require any complicated steps. More so, the large range of filters and the in built option to save snaps to memories takes much lesser space than them being saved individually in the camera role. The bit moji is also a lovely addition since it allows one to customise their personal emoji of themselves

Cons

Snapchat doesn’t allow one to change their username, which can be problematic

Rawia

Snapchat is awesome

It is an excellent experience.

Pros

I liked everything about it. I actually feel happy when using it, especially when taking photos whether selfies, or with my family.

Cons

Honestly, the least thing I didn't like that privacy of the messages in the chats. They are automatically erased after 24 hrs. from viewing.

eric lionel

Industry: Civil Engineering

August 2022

better advertising and dialogue tools

Pros

the fact that this application gives me a great visibility is very good for me thanks to it I also discover other accounts

Cons

the fact that I have the impression that all the worlds are rich because most of the images seem to me to come from the extraordinary

Raquel

Industry: Graphic Design

August 2022

Una APP que sigue manteniendo el tipo.

Pros

Reconozco que soy usuaria de Snapchat desde hace años, pero en los últimos no ha sido mi herramienta social habitual. La utilizo sobre todo para filtros ya que los que tienen son divertidos, diferentes y fáciles de utilizar. La opción de mensajes es también sencilla.

Cons

Creo que cada vez lo utiliza menos gente a pesar de ser una APP muy divertida y funcional. El hecho de que tus contactos no la utilicen tanto, hace que tu mismo dejes de usarla y más cuando su uso prinipal es chatear con amigos.

Crystal

August 2022

Snap it like it's hot! Best marketing tool around the sun

Overall Snapchat has created a closer bond and relationship with our patients. It is a fun and unique way to interact and communicate with patients as well. Due to the unlimited filters and fun additions, Snapchat is an easy, fun way to market and advertise our practice to help bring in more patients!

Pros

I like how easy and convenient this software is. I was able to train my older teammates very easily. My favorite thing about Snapchat is how it can help make your content unique and creative with all the filters, stickers, and different style fonts. I am also able to market to a specific category, for example if I have an Invisalign special I can send that campaign to my "Invisalign" group only. Another great feature is creating and posting a story for our office. I found out I can use Snapchat to help fill my schedule by posting the available appointment on our story. Patients see what we posted and call in if they would like to schedule that appointment. That saves me time because I don't have to call patient after patient to fill that open spot. It allows me to track how many views we get and if someone screenshotted an offer, so we can then follow up with those patients to see if they are interested in the campaign we posted about.

Cons

This software updates pretty frequently. They seem to always make their software better and better each time. The filters keep getting more realistic and the additional stickers, GIPHS, emojis, and even music are limitless. This is one of my absolute favorite software and I honestly have nothing bad to say about it.

n/a

Shaunak

February 2022

Snapchat, An ultimate app for New-gen millenials!

We were running a paid campaign for a social media company, we developed an AR lens to engage the audience to use this lens with branding and also share on various other social media platforms. It was an awesome experience. Now I maintain streaks with my connections on regular basis.

Pros

I love the concept of Snapchat, It is really unique and no similar app is found in any of the iOS or Android Marketplace. Snapchat is widely used for self-photography as well. Amazing filters make it so addictive that it gained immense popularity. People send disappearing picture messages called snaps in real-time to keep the audience (friends, family, etc.) engaged. AI and AR-based superb filters can be developed and integrated and shared among friends. Snapchat has tonnes of use cases, they organize LensList competitions and award the best lens makers. The message once seen will be only reviewed once or can be saved. Privacy is at the next level, even an attempt of Screenshot will be captured. And not to forget the location feature, where all your friends on the list can be viewed as the marker on the map. Bitmoji is the best feature that I feel.

Cons

Snapchat is a fab product, but apart from having so many pros, few cons still exist. Like, creating Bitmoji DP is very tedious and still not very accurate for average looking people, and spotlight view is worst, I am male and my avatar looks like having female features. One more distraction is the bump in notification style, it disables me to view the first snap in the main list. It is really very disturbing. Sometimes after viewing snap we cannot record it. Also, there should be a well-defined gesture to view/open the chat of any person. But still snaping is the best feature to maintain a streak, makes me feel that I'm alive.

Reasons for choosing Snapchat

Truly, Snapchat is among those few apps whose no alternate ever existed!

Shahriyar

SnapChat..

I love using Snapchat for its clean interface and its innovative filters and the level of privacy that it offers.

Pros

SnapChat is a very popular social media app. It has a very simple and clean interface. You can easily share photos and videos in it. Apart from sharing with all contacts, it is also very good in person to person communication whether its sending messages or making audio or video calls. The best thing about SnapChat is the level of security and privacy that it offers to its users and their data. It is very hard to evade or cheat snapchat's privacy settings like notifying users when a screenshot of their post or message captured. Also every message sent through its chat automatically deletes after being read. It has a huge collection of filters to apply to photos and videos and are very popular among its users. It also feature geo-filtering to see public posts from a specific locatiin or region.

Cons

Snapchat is a very well designed software with great functionalities but has a relatively low user base in comparison to other social media platforms due to which you don't find alot of your friends on it. Also one needs to take care of his usage duration as it can be very addictive.

Reasons for switching to Snapchat

I switched to Snapchat because it do not have that much spam or irrelevant posts.

Shahryar

Industry: Environmental Services

SnapChat. Just Snap and Share..

I love snapchat for sharing content with my specific friends and to talk gossips as it do not allow snapshots and auto delete stories and messages.

Pros

SnapChat is one of the most popular social media app especially among the youth. You can share your photo and video stories on it with your friends either from gallery or shot in app which auto disappers after 24 hours. It has a huge variety of filters through which you can modify your photos and videos. Apart from friends stories, it also host public channels with interesting content under discover tab. You can subscribe to a channel that you like to get regular updates of their stories. You can also see stories of people who made their stories public, and that too by choosing location on map to view public stories from a specific region. Its messenger offers a high degree of privacy to your messages and the messages auto disappears after being seen. Also you get notification if someone takes a screenshot of your stories ir messages.

Cons

Though its very popular among youth, still you don't find a lot of your contacts on it to connect with. Also though it alerts in case of a screenshot being taken, it fails to notify if a user start screen recording and then open it.

Reasons for switching to Snapchat

Facebook became a hub for spammers and you get to see more uninteresting content than posta of interest from family and friends.

Snapchat Review

I enjoyed using Snapchat it is a cool and playful application to use from time to time.

Pros

The filters bring a new look or portray some fun overlay over the original image. This is not possible on most android devices. The platform is cost-efficient and can reach multiple users across the globe within different age groups since it is relatable and its functionality relates to everyone regardless of the age difference. Some of the features are amazing to put into practice, such as one can chat, start a live video, send money, share snaps, etc.

Cons

Since messages disappear, some restriction is required in terms of the languages used and the mode of communication projected to children between the ages of 15-18 who might be on the platform. Should one want to report a child offender there is no proof available for this. The customer care service needs to address issues reported adequately as opposed to using the artificial intelligence (robot) to address conflicts or problems that may arise.

Reasons for choosing Snapchat

I wanted a platform that I can use both playfully and in an official work environment where colleagues at work could perform their tasks adequately and still be in-depth with their playful side.

Reasons for switching to Snapchat

I felt that Instagram is more appropriate for my age group.

Ali

Creative platform suitable for advertising and campaign creation

Snapchat is a multi-purpose platform that is both used for advertising and can be used for election campaigns. You can also follow the page of your favorite brand or celebrity. Overall, it is good for advertising a product or service, but you can not expect a serious professional business platform or professional messenger, and its facilities are very good in itself.

Pros

Reaching audiences from specific demographic and desired locations for advertisement and campaigns is unique feature for this range simple platform. It has more of the capabilities of a social media platform than just being a messenger. Advertising facilities and launching advertising campaigns in geographical areas and specific areas, as well as attracting audiences based on data are also good. Sending temporary stories with 24-hour credit is great, users have an ID and no need to share a mobile number. For example, for an event or concert, you can easily target the audience in a specific area and send them ads.‌ The same is true for election campaigns. Using powerful and creative filters for images and videos is very attractive and good.

Cons

The disappearance of messages and the possibility of sending and receiving disposable messages is very childish and unprofessional, and this is the only reason why it cannot be used for new commercial purposes. Due to its design and structure, most of the real audience of this application are people under 18 years old, and fewer adult and business audiences work with this app, and therefore the market has a limited and specific target, and I wish to include these features in a separate version with commercial capabilities. To add a serious adult and business audience.

Reasons for choosing Snapchat

The ability to select audiences, based on demographics and location data with cost rates is much better than another similar platform.

Reasons for switching to Snapchat

For a low-cost and budget advertising campaign with a specific audience, we needed Snapchat and its special features to help our team to promote our products and services.

Tabatha

What Happens on Snapchat Stays on Snapchat

I enjoy using snapchat and having snap streaks with my friends! I only hate that if you miss a day, it completely starts over at 0 and you can only save it once ever. I think its a good way to keep some conversations private. Of course I know that people cheating on their significant others will use it for that purpose but if someone wants to cheat they don't have to use snapchat for that. It just makes it easier to hide. I still think its a great app to have.

Pros

One of the best features is that it doesn't save everything you send and receive from your friends. It's a fun way to stay in touch with friends and family using the filters and being able to save those pictures to your memories. I love when it's been a year and it shows what you took that day a year or more ago. Sometimes those memories aren't always the best but you saved them for a reason.. It's also a fantastic way to make money by selling provocative pictures and short videos to others who are looking to buy that sort of content.

Cons

There's no way to really monitor your children's actions if they have snapchat and a lot of kids will because there is no real way to keep them from being able to download the app. Kids lie about their age all the time online. I wish there was a way to pause snap streaks as my family goes camping for days with no signal to be able to continue a streak. I lost a 3800 day streak with my best friend because of that. That's really the only downsides that I see with the app.

Shiraz

My Experience with Snapchat

I use Snapchat primarily to communicate with friends and family, particularly those who live out of state. I have the impression that it is significantly more private than other social media platforms such as Instagram or Facebook. I also briefly used Snapchat for my blog business. I created a separate account in order to communicate with followers more personally and to demonstrate a more private side of myself. I prefer Instagram for this purpose, but I have friends who are influencers who are extremely successful on Snapchat.

Pros

Nowadays, with everyone becoming involved with a plethora of brands and products, this application helps to keep things positive. Snapchat enables you to share your life experiences and stories with others. There is no better application for promoting your products than this one. Another advantageous feature of this application is the ability to apply filters via GEO-Filters. By doing so, you can ensure that potential clients are aware of your brand. The thing I like the most about this application is when you click some photos on the day you click your photo it will remind you when it passes a year.

Cons

As with any application, there are both positive and negative aspects. That Snapchat encourages bad behaviour, like a large number of users have been caught using Snapchat while driving, resulting in road accidents and taking pictures of meals before eating them. It should be regulated with the assistance of technical experts.

Syed Asad

**Snapchat Impact on Sales Promotion**

My experience regarding this application is fine.

Pros

Nowadays where everyone is getting involved with lot of brands and product this application help things out on a positive note. Snapchat allows you to share your stories and experiences of life to the others. This application is nothing better than for promoting your products. Another meritorious aspect of this application is that you can apply filters through GEO-Filters by this option you can allow potential clients to get noticed about your brand. At last this application provide you the opportunity to share your life stories and experiences.

Cons

Like every application there is a positive side and negative side also. That Snapchat encourages the bad behavior lot of user got caught using Snapchat during driving, due to this it causes roads accidents. It should be controlled through technical assistance

Sandra

Industry: Mental Health Care

June 2022

Snapchat can be fun,but use with caution

My experience with snapchat has been enjoyable and funny at times,I enjoy the filters and I find when I am taking any kind of photo I will go to Snap Chat to take my photo because the color and wordings are all there for me to use.I have also received messages of men and women in provocative scenes wanting to hook up.I find the locator very usefull because you can tell when you are meeting up with a friend if they are on their way yet or already at the meet up site.SnapChat has change since it first started and it is very innovative,and I feel its designed for all ages.

Pros

Snapchat is more about chatting with friends in real time than posting updates like facebook or twitter or instagram.I find that this site is very creative with different filters being introduced every week,it allows you to create a likeness of yourself and you can track where your friends are at all times,which is wonderful for parents who have it on their childs phone as well as their own,that way they can see where their kids are at all times. the content lenght is quite short,making it fun and easy to use.

Cons

This site can be very addictive to children because the more streaks you get on this app,the more popular they become and that leads to over use,it also opens up channels for pornography,you can get messages from unknown people who likes your snap and send provacative videos of themselves which you don't realize it until you open the message.Body image is another threat to kids and it opens doors to body shaming.Parents need to watch out for these messages,the video or snap only stays open for 10 sec,but long enought to expose a child.I find with SnapChat you cannot upload the pic to other sites it has complete control over you use of the platform.

Mellen

Snapchat: Shot in a Snap

Snapchat is indeed one of the best mobile camera applications. Moments with families, friends, and even acquaintances, are easily captured in just a snap. It is also a great way to market business since it can be shared with other Social Media accounts. Such wonderful software!

Pros

What I really like about this software is its Geofilters. Users can edit photos and videos just by adding filters, effects, stickers, and even images. I also like how Snaps can be shared to other social media accounts. This allows me to post my snaps to a wider audience.

Cons

What I like the least about this software is that I can't download it on my blackberry phone. However, it doesn't bother me that much, since I have Android and iPhone, which totally works.

Reasons for switching to Snapchat

Snapchat and Instagram have similar features. However, Snapchat filters are more attractive and popular.

Priyanka

Uses of Snapchat

I like using Snapchat as I like to play with filters and also maintain my streaks. It has also been one of the main marketing tools for my business. I like how user-friendly and catchy it is and how youths are obsessed with this software. I get to know about my friend's daily life activities without texting them through this platform which has been a great help for me.

Pros

1) It feels more lively to catch up with friends than in other applications because of the image sharing feature. 2) There are so many filters and we can edit pictures and videos instantly which makes it very user-friendly. 3) It is so easy to just take a snap and send it to friends on Snapchat helping to know about their daily life. 4) The software can be used for marketing, advertising, and communication as there is unlimited freedom to share and post snaps.

Cons

1) Stories on Snapchat disappears after 24 hours which makes it harder for people to advertise their content. 2) Sometimes, the snaps that are sent can not be rewatched which is very irritating if I was not able to see if the first time. 3) There can be a danger of our pictures being misused by the other side of users because it does not alarm us if the receiver starts recording a snap.4 4) Even though, it is very popular among youths, it has a comparatively lower audience than other platforms. 4)

Snapchat