SocialBu Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Once setup correctly, the software works reliably. The customer support is great and you can usually expect an email back within a few hours."
  • icon"I love the IG story posting functionality, and private access to teams. Plus it is an affordable option."
  • icon"I have never had difficulty getting a reply or understanding their help team."
  • icon"Even though we can schedule Instagram stories, we don't have the options for the stickers + features, which is a bummer."
  • icon"I have tried everything including trying it. Letting time go by after complaining over and over about how shotty it is."
  • icon"It barely posts anything let alone in any timely way. Its a crap shoot and you get so lucky if the thing posted."

Have you used SocialBu and would like to share your experience with others?

All SocialBu Reviews

Ama

Rising Star Social Scheduler

Setup was fairly easy. Learning the platform was as well. It schedules my posts on time, and they look good. I am really enjoying growing with Socialbu

Pros

I love the IG story posting functionality, and private access to teams. Plus it is an affordable option. Their customer service is unmatched, they are quick to reply and are very helpful. They are always rolling out new features.

Cons

Response time, automations don’t always work. There are glitches that happen in browsers other than chrome. Plus it doesn’t integrate with Asana.

Reasons for choosing SocialBu

It was more affordable, for the amount of accounts I have.

Reasons for switching to SocialBu

I needed to schedule stories

Response from Glaxosoft

Thank you for your review. Glad to know you like it. We will improve it more.

Replied November 2020

Alison

Relaxing and clear interface, does exactly what I need

I chose SocialBu as part of a trial of 4 different social media management sites. For the cost it had what I needed plus more (automation is something I'll be exploring next). Also the customer service is very rapid and helpful, seems to be a solid group of people who are straightforward with their answers. Using Socialbu is allowing me to expand our organization's outreach at only a tiny increase in cost, thanks to their nonprofit discount. So far so good. I love being able to post rapidly to Instagram stories from desktop.

Pros

As someone who uses multiple (30+) accounts for daily posts, I needed something that did not require multiple calendars for each account, which many competitors had. I needed the ease of use for posting to many places at once, and for accessing instagram easily without an extra app. I like most: the above listed things but also the predictive hashtags, option for first comment, easy interface.

Cons

That video thumbnails cannot be chosen, that's really it for now

Reasons for choosing SocialBu

Cost, clear interface, did what I needed, and they are working toward integrating newsfeed targeting whenever Facebook will allow this, and and they seem to be aware of how to advance and keep improving to work with Facebook's changes. Edgar had great customer service and training options, but we did not need their post suggestions or evergreen content option. What we are promoting just wouldn't go over well with them choosing our headlines. Also they required an app in order to post to Instagram and it felt like a hassle. A/B testing was cool, but Facebook business suite can already do that. Hootsuite was expensive and also had unnecessary features for us, as did Loomly. It turns out Socialbu and Facebook Business Suite is a good combination.

Reasons for switching to SocialBu

They didn't work well with Facebook, all of our posts were lost on 3 different occasions, no predictive hashtags, team members had to have logins or admin rights to all accounts themselves, long route to post in Instagram, and they are just starting to seem outdated. No ability to track posts and assess what's working.

Response from Glaxosoft

Thanks a lot for your feedback, Alison. It really means a lot. We will continue making SocialBu better for you.

Replied February 2021

Mehmet

Industry: Newspapers

November 2022

We prefer socialbu for scheduling via webhooks

Pros

As we mentioned at the title, we prefer socialbu for scheduling post to facebook, twitter and instagram via webhooks. So we can schedule our posts via our own CMS.

Cons

Editing the scheduled posts via webhook would be better.

Webhook integration.

Response from Glaxosoft

Thanks a lot for your review. We plan to make our automation/integration even more better!

Replied November 2022

Christopher

September 2022

Great product for its price

Pros

You can add up to 10 accounts without paying extra and easily Schedule post to them all at the same time.

Cons

New features and roadmap for new things are added / updated to slow. It seams like the team is a bit to small to follow the newest trends and whishes from users

the price

Response from Glaxosoft

Thanks a lot for your review :) It means a lot.

Replied October 2022

Ed

Industry: International Trade and Development

Great app - ease and effective

Amazing!

Pros

The ease to integrate into the social media channels and the smoothness of its operation. Other apps use to app some complications and troubleshooting; nevertheless, SocialBu is always functional, and I can strongly rely my business operations on it.

Cons

Wey the improvement of processes and increase of features. My interest goes beyond what the app can do today, but It is more about the road-map they have for it.

Reasons for choosing SocialBu

The overall functionality, integrity and price

Reasons for switching to SocialBu

Troubles, complicated and not always is functioning as they promise. It still being too premature and lack of consumers centric approach.

Response from Glaxosoft

Thanks a lot for your review :)

Replied April 2021

Pasquale

A great social media management tool

Amazing experience! The product works very well without hiccups. Customer Service is very responsive and ready to help and answer any questions

Pros

This social media management tool has all the features we were looking for: client approval workflow, direct posting and scheduling of both Instagram posts and stories (plus a number of handy features like first comment on Instagram or first reply on Twitter), cost-effective plans with accounts split into teams and much more

Cons

One of the features that I would love to see is being able to create Instagram stories directly from the tool (along with adding GIFS, music, etc) rather than just scheduling

Reasons for switching to SocialBu

Sendible had become increasingly unstable. Every second day we would have to reconnect the Instagram accounts. It would also often give problems with posts not being scheduled. All considering the product didn't live up to its expectations and pricing

Response from Glaxosoft

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We will surely improve it and make it better.

Replied June 2020

Mary Beth

SocialBu is an affordable, easy-to-use way to manage social media

I have had a great experience with SocialBu. It meets all our needs for a social media posting platform, and I highly recommend it to colleagues.

Pros

SocialBu is extremely affordable for the nonprofit organization I work for, and the format is very clean and user-friendly. SocialBu allows us to tailor our posts for different social media platforms, and I appreciate being able to see all our scheduled posts laid out on the calendar.

Cons

Occasionally, posts will not be published, but this is usually a fault not of SocialBu but the different social media platforms. SocialBu's staff typically addresses this promptly.

Reasons for switching to SocialBu

SocialBu was less expensive and offered us more features.

Response from Glaxosoft

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We are looking forward to serving an improved version to you :)

Replied August 2021

Anna

Simple & Easy to Use (Don't need bells & whistles)

We are a small non-profit and got SocialBu as a lifetime deal. We are happy with its functionality, its ability to post to LinkedIn, which we are growing. We have several users and they all have been able to use SocialBu without much of a learning curve. Which is good, because we all wear many hats and have lots to do.

Pros

What I like most about SocialBu is that it is straight to the point with navigation and interface. I don't need 100 menus, I need something to WORK!

Cons

The way teams work, is a little confusing, but once I got the hang of realizing who was doing what, I had no problems.

Reasons for choosing SocialBu

I felt SocialBu was the simplest choice and the price was really great for our small nonprofit budget.

Response from Glaxosoft

Thanks a lot for your feedback. It means a lot to us.

Elivia

September 2022

SocialBu Review

Cons

AWFUL!!! Disconnects my accounts everyday!!!

Loren

This Thing Does Not Work

An absolute waste of time and total frustration. You know it takes many hours for anything to come full circle to see if this type of a program works and when it does nothing...its the worst. The entire point of this thing is so you can go on your merry way and do your work. Instead you have constantly check. You have to constantly try to get any attention with customer servioce. OMG. Its a huge battle. When ironocally, its a job like watching automatic sprinklers and these people have not grasped the automated factor that should be the spirit of this app or platform. I wasted days trying to get this thing to work. Let alone in any consistent way. Its the worst false sense of security quite frankly to think something you pay fr actually does its job. Its crazy how people can sell this as non open siource product...this is a total WIP)

Pros

I liked the thought of it working. The concept is great if it worked. There was nothing good about it because nothing worked. The only thing I could like is their description on their web site but that is a bold faced lie considering nothing works.

Cons

The cons are everything. There is no way, shape in you know what that any positive review here is real. If you tried to use this thing, you would laugh. It does not even come close to working. I have tried everything including trying it. Letting time go by after complaining over and over about how shotty it is. The thing barely saves. It barely posts anything let alone in any timely way. Its a crap shoot and you get so lucky if the thing posted.

Reasons for choosing SocialBu

If it worked, it would be fine. It supposadly should do what we need it to do and honestly, its on us now...we feel like battered spouses trying it...leaving for a few days with the hope something gets fixed...try it again...same outcome and lack of any result...leave for a few days..try it again feeling the same way...you know what they say about doing the same stupid thing over and over...This has made me crazy....I cannot believe there is an element that sells products that literally do NOT work. It blows my mind that is even a thing...

Lawrence

Industry: Online Media

Socialbu works

SocialBu works fine, fast and easy. The modern design of the site fits perfectly into my Windows 10 workflow.

Pros

SocialBu is software that is user-friendly. The dashboard is clear and modern in design. A big advantage is you can also schedule the video is the posts. And the shedule works great!

Cons

There is one point I don't like. Those are the tool tips, they can be removed as far as I am concerned.

Reasons for choosing SocialBu

Price, modern design and the number and which social media accounts can be connected.

Reasons for switching to SocialBu

I want it to work quickly. And that I can upload video in good quality in the post.

Response from Glaxosoft

Thanks a lot for your feedback. It means a lot. We are working to make the experience better.

Randi

If you have multiple social media accounts & want to schedule posts, this is the best tool.

The biggest benefit to using this app, it's less expensive than many similar apps, it's a smoother process, and it allows for multiple Instagram accounts.

Pros

I am able to pre-schedule Instagram and Facebook posts for multiple social media accounts. This saves me a lot of time.

Cons

I have had no problems or issues with this app.

Reasons for choosing SocialBu

Less expensive and easier to use.

Response from Glaxosoft

Thank you for your review Randi, I'm glad to hear that SocialBu is working well for you. We're constantly looking at ways to improve SocialBu and make it even better for you.

Replied January 2022

Bronwyn

Exactly what I needed!

Pros

Price was a big factor in choosing this software - very competitive compared to other options, but selected over others because of three things for the package selected: (1) number of profiles (2) Number of posts (3) Calendar view. On top of this, they also offer some limited analytics for the package I selected which none of the others did. Exceptional value for money and their customer service rocks!

Cons

They offer "hashtag suggestions" but this is really based on what caption you put with the post, and really, hashtags you could come up with on your own. I still use an external hashtag source to get mine. Would be nice if a service like this could be integrated into the app.

Reasons for switching to SocialBu

Only 2 profiles offered and inability to have more than 5 posts scheduled at a time.

Response from Glaxosoft

Glad to know you like it. We are working to improve it for you.

Replied August 2021

Lisa Renee

Industry: Publishing

The BEST Social Media tool EVER!

Grateful to be in a place where my social sites stay connected

Pros

OMG! The ability to manage all my social platforms in one place is priceless! You can even schedule posts for IG Stories.

Cons

I've been using Socialbu for 3 months. So far, there are no cons. I'm enjoying learning all the things SocialBu can do.

Reasons for choosing SocialBu

One-stop-shop. All my platforms in one place

Reasons for switching to SocialBu

Very expensive and my platforms always disconnected and my content did not post as scheduled.

Response from Glaxosoft

Glad to know that SocialBu helped you. Looking forward to making it better for you!

Replied July 2021

Selle

It's Good and Getting Better

It's been good. Fairly intuitive.

Pros

It posts to stories! A lot of platforms do not have this feature. The UI is lacking a bit but hopefully they work on it with time.

Cons

The UI could use some work. Most of the tools we've worked with in the past have a really nice UI, like zoho social, hootsuite or any of those others. No discovery area or content creation assistance.

Reasons for switching to SocialBu

The fact that they could post to stories was a big selling point for us.

Response from Glaxosoft

Thank you for your feedback. We are surely going to make it better.

Kate