All Streak Reviews

Great value for free

Romy

Staffing and Recruiting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Personalized Email Blast? Streak is the man!

This is the best platform so far out there that I've used in terms of sending emails, managing emails, and tracking the open rate and the acceptance rate of my emails. You can also schedule an email sending time using Streak which is pretty awesome!

PROS

I've been in the recruiting field for more than two years now, and it has been a bottleneck for me sending emails outside of our candidate database. I usually do this whenever I need to update the candidates regarding next steps, and also if they have been turned down by the client after our presentation call with them. What I usually do before is to send each candidate an email even if the context is just the same. This dilemma has been resolved by Streak! I was able to maintain the personal connection atmosphere with my candidates with the use of just a few seconds. All you need to do is to put the details of the candidate plus any personalized matter you want to add in the email context on a csv comma delimited excel sheet. One more good thing about Streak is that you can schedule when an email should be sent. You can also monitor the acceptance and the open rate of your emails via Streak. Truly, Streak is the best platform for sending and email management.

CONS

I really don't have negative experience with Streak! I really love how the platform helped me do my job responsibilities without compromising human touch. Maybe this message is a sort of recommendation. I hope they can upgrade their system so that they too will upgrade to an applicant tracking system. If that time come, I will propose this to our company since I know Streak will help us in driving great ROI, and client engagements.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Everything for free

We were looking for email tracking. Categorising emails based on conversations. Only thing is streak would integrate every email of the customer in a single thread. Though it is a great advantage, sometimes the feature has downsides too. We need to sit and pre edit and then send email to our customer.

PROS

It's very difficult to get any tool for free and streak does it with no strings attached. Now you can easily track emails and send attachments via streak. Best part of streak being you can integrate it with gmail and easily classify them. The eye icon is exciting and turns green when a person has opened his or her email. I like the fact you can categoris data.

CONS

It occupies entire Gmail. UI can be a bit better. Like I need to scroll to see how many opens have been made by clicking the eye icon. No other cons so far.

Reason for choosing Streak

We were only looking at free tools as we did not have a budget. Streak came as a blessing in disguise. It was suggested by another colleague.

Reasons for switching to Streak

Looked at a free crm tool to track emails and also integrate my customers emails and not just look at Gmail separately and track customer conversation and data in a different window.

Aldo

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Support INEXISTENT

We are on a paid "Pro" plan and spend over 5.000USD per year for Streak. We are not talking the free plan - for free is a good tool (but limited to personal use and basic features). Probably all the good reviews come from free users. We are cloud software developers, so understand the technicalities and if we raise a question is always well described. But we NEVER get a competent answer, in the last case it took 13 days and three nonsense one-line semi-automatic reply to discover that the Streak "support" person did not even know that streak.readme.io is not just documentation to read, but is supposed to be interactive, you can test your API there, but it does not work and they don't bother. You can test this yourself, just try to use streak.readme.io...

PROS

easy to use and setup, integration with Gmail, but it' a toy

CONS

Support is completely inexistent, they do not answer AT ALL or send canned answers without any brain in them. We are on a paid Pro plan and we have been consistently experiencing this problem for one year. Going to appoint a lawyer to get our money back.

Bart

Market Research, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Live in gmail all day? This is the tool for you

Used it for over 2 years and absolutely loved it. The fact that I needed a more powerfull solution beyond tracking mails towards deal flow follow-up, chat embeds, forms etc made us look for a total solution. As a starter however, the solution was just fine.

PROS

1) Gmail first... Activate the plugin and it just works, right where you need it: inside Gmail. Not having to move between windows or different tools makes it a big benefit to use Streak over others. It works with labels, provides direct & clear insights in your mailbox. 2) Collaboration... in gmail We used Streak as a team. Sharing is easy as all mails are shared over 'boxes'.

CONS

1) lack of an evenly good mobile solution They have an app that 'works', but it is not at the same level as their desktop gmail experience. 2) lack of featuers No sequences were the major reason to stop using Streak.

Reason for choosing Streak

We now use Hubspot, but back then it was too feature-packed. Salesflare was back then less integrated with gmail, so we opted for Streak.

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2022

Finally, a easy CRM

Easy, efficient, definitely help to keep me organized

PROS

Very flexible. Streak can be as basic or as detailed as needed. I just need something basic but quickly found I can expand its functionality. Their support pages are easy and clear. Video how tos are short sweet and comprehensive

CONS

No cons yet. Also, if there was a con, I could customize to remove the con

Reason for choosing Streak

Ease of use. Could be customized to be exactly what I needed

Reasons for switching to Streak

Switched because there was too much info to enter in the other products that I didn't need and were mandatory.

Timothy

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed January 2024

CRM Swiss Army Knife

If you are considering an easy hassle-free email management extension, you've come to the right place. You can see if the mail is being opened, and it converts into a CRM to manage everything. One plus is that I can't remember paying for it so it must be a value.

PROS

It was easy to implement into Google Workspace, they don't hassle you with upsells. The email UI was user-friendly & intuitive. They also had a Chrome extension.

CONS

I can't think of anything major. I think they could have more tutorials, but I was able to seek those through social media.

Reasons for switching to Streak

Too overwhelming, the other software tried to do too much, and you needed a doctorite to use it.

Kyla

Reviewed January 2018

Simple & Convenient CRM Embedded in Gmail

Organization for my lead outreach and follow-up. I love how it's embedded within Gmail so all of my correspondences are right there. It's a game changer for me moving from a simple spreadsheet that is overwhelmed with data to this streamlined system. And on top of that, it's free!

PROS

For my product-based small business, I have a number of sales streams where I cultivate leads. Streak allows me to manage these leads right inside Gmail so I can quickly view all of our correspondences. Since most of my business is done through email, Streak creates a perfect bridge. Specifically, I can create a new box for each lead and categorize it under a specific pipeline (sales stream). Within the pipeline, I can create different sales stages and view all of my leads in one place along with data about our interactions (days since last interaction, days in stage, etc) so I can prioritize my outreach efforts. Within each lead, I can view all of the email correspondences and make notes on the lead. An additional feature in Streak is email open tracking so you can see if your leads have opened your emails. It shows up automatically and displays the times of each open. That's a huge value just to know if your emails are going through. All of these features are completely free and just a simple add-on, which frankly is hard to believe and so valuable for my business!

CONS

I really love Streak--for a free program, it offers so much! If I could add anything, I would love to be able to have all correspondences with a specific email address automatically assigned to the same lead box.

Avishai

Oil & Energy, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2018

CRAM in your Gmail

makes my life easier

PROS

Essentially, Streak is a plugin for a browser that superpowers your Gmail. To start out deploying it, just install the plugin, then start your Gmail inbox and you will find it prepared to work. It'll first ask you what you would like to observe in Gmail: traditional CRM leads and discounts, fundraising prospects, storyline leads, potential hires, email support, plus more. Any business process that revolves around email is a perfect fit. Once you've created the first pipeline, go on and use Gmail as normal, and you will start realizing little Streak extras during your experience. You will likely notice a few email boosting features first. There's a fresh option if you are reading email messages to "snooze" an email, which goes it out of your inbox and then brings it back at the same time you set - if you are a zero inbox fan (like myself) you will love that feature. That is clearly a great way going to inbox no and ensure you get your distractions taken care of, but still be sure to start to see the email by enough time you need to answer it. Then, if you are writing emails, you will see an identical option to program when a contact will be sent--a smart way to write e-mail in advance and also have them get there on time.

CONS

No real drawbacks that I can see. If the mobile app was to be connected to Gmail and it was possible to see the email tracking that would be a nice addition.

Caitlyn

Food Production, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2023

LOVE this product!

PROS

The ease to add and track leads within your pipeline is great! You can easily and quickly update your contacts! The email reminders are great as well!

CONS

I wish that when you enter a follow up date on the main screen it would automatically set the email reminder instead of going into the contact. (However this could be a user error)

Shreya

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Seamless Integration with Gmail to track Read emails

PROS

It gives a complete trail of interaction with the sent email, which was very helpful when I was in Sales and wanted to track how interested different potential clients could be

CONS

CRM was a bit tricky so maybe that can be made easier to work for a newbie

Kamlesh

Information Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Streak is awesome and the best in class for email integrated CRM.

Overall experience has been great and it has been a life saver. A lot could be improved though like automating the workflow of adding leads from emails, auto reminding about contacting leads. Streak has features on the free version, which no other crm has (in our knowledge) llike mail merge for your leads, magic columns, clean interface needing very little training, email integrated. Its a blessing!

PROS

Streak is awesome and the best in class for email integrated CRM, particularly small businesses that work on gmail. It has a clean excel like interface & they developed an App and gave it in free version very early on. It is something every self employed must use and can use. It is a no brainer, goto CRM, compared to all other CRMs out there. We evaluated many CRMs 10 years back, when we first started with Streak.

CONS

For a small company to get onto the paid version, the starting plan is a little expensive for small team. They should make it cheap for upto 3 employees, so a lot more small companies can afford it. They limit upto 50 boxes for leads on free version, that is a little too less, because not all leads are able to convert. With a little ads, you actually get a lot of leads, so a minute of 100 leads should be allowed. Also on the free plan, they don't allow you to share the pipeline with someone above 50 leads, they should allow to share with tleast 1 employee so that it doesn't cripple a small biz and they dont' go hunting for a new crm. Streak doesn't have good videos to boot-up a new customer quickly.

Reason for choosing Streak

It was the obvious choice because it was the only one providing a forever free tier and the free tier is very powerful, including a mobile app. Also the paid version is not super expensive to start with. The support was okay in the 1st year, when we needed it, we haven't needed support after that. Its a shame, its not known to many biz.

Reviewed July 2018

Personalized email? Try Streak, and you'll never go unnoticed!

I was able to sent emails to a lot of people but helped me not sound robotic and general because it lets me modify variables that I want to populate in the emails by just merely putting it in an excel csv file. Who says being personalized in email correspondences is a bottle? Well, they haven't installed or used Streak!

PROS

As a part-time resume editor, and a full-time workforce planner, I need to email a lot of clients. Emailing them takes so much time even if the emails are just the same, and I just need to edit one or two words in the message I will be sending them. Before, it took me a great deal of time wasted doing it one by one, but because of Streak, it made it easy for me now! I can now email 100 people in just one click and one email template, but you will not sound robotic because it lets you modify some variables you want to populate by just editing it in one .csv excel file! Streak also helped me keep track of my senders. It provides me the information if the person I sent the email already opened the message once or twice. This helps me to know whom to follow up or whom I need to call because they haven't opened my email which saves so much time for me!

CONS

I am using a work email powered by Gmail, and sometimes whenever I clear my cookies and cache, the Streak extension crashes and I need to rerun it. If I am using a different computer, I need to rerun it too again. It is not that time consuming, but I hope they can find solution to that so that it will be sync on all computers that I am using and only needs me to run it once per device.

Greg

Reviewed September 2022

Streaks ahead

It's been a consistent part of several businesses for me for some years now and it's a rock-solid performer that saves me time and helps win new business.

PROS

It's flexibility. I have used Streak in many varied (CRM type mostly) ways and have been able to mould Streak to deliver what we needed. As it resides within Google Workspace it's one less app for the team to deal with and training time is reduced. The email snippets (templates) are super helpful.

CONS

It takes quite an investment in time to set up for your business - but it is worth it.

Reason for choosing Streak

It's integration with Google Workspace.

Viktoria

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2021

A solid option for those who like to integrate their CRM with Gmail

It was a great tool to follow the product implementation down a pipeline. We used it to make sure all of us were aware where we were with integration at a certain property. It was a nice thing to have, but with all the issues with service availability and constant badgering to install it for other accounts it sometimes became tedious.

PROS

It is built in to Gmail - you open your inbox and you're up and ready to work.

CONS

It loads. Most of the time. Sometimes it takes forever. They were often experiencing difficulties and Streak could not be accessed. It also constantly bugged me to install Streak for all accounts, even though only one Gmail account had access to it.

Reason for choosing Streak

The sales were in love with Streak and how it integrates with Gmail. That was the main reason it was chosen over the competitors. Secondary reason was somewhat lower price.

Mauricio Alexander

Reviewed June 2018

Always keep up to date and happy your customers with this excellent service

It is excellent to improve the way in which customers are handled, to automate the mails and to handle the information, it brings many useful tools that will allow you to give a better attention to your clients and project your product.

PROS

When we are in the career of creating software on our own, and we want to project to more people, make our product known and keep customers that we already have, it is necessary to have a quality CRM, the most known that exist are very expensive, but here comes Streak, is an excellent service offered by Google that works with your gmail and is Free !, if free, an excellent service that allows you to manage your customers, offering first-class features, with contact addresses, sales operations and even management of promotions, this is a perfect CRM for a freelance since it works with a tool known by us as it is gmail, so it will be quick to implement and remove its benefits, with it we can be in contact with our customers, send mail to everyone at specific scheduled times, warn of contracts, promotions or status of the products we sold to them, keep them up to date with the advances of for example web pages or system s that we are building, there are many advantages of this service that you must try since they are of immense utility.

CONS

It is a CRM of a certain basic form, it does not have the potentials of the CRM of a higher cost but it is an excellent option if you are starting and you need to bring order to your client portfolio.

Reviewed August 2018

Much better option than Saleseforce for small companies

Going from a manual system to Streak meant that we immediately saw increases in efficiency, better tracking and reporting, and were able to build our client base without hiring new sales reps or account managers.

PROS

After spending well over a year trying to set up Salesforce, my company -- a small team of 15 -- finally gave up and decided to go with Streak instead. Especially for a business of our size, Streak was definitely the better option. It's lightweight, was far quicker to implement, and we immediately saw improvements in our efficiency and ability to track leads. Further, we mostly got our leads via conferences and word of mouth, so we managed both inbound and outbound leads in our email inboxes. For this reason, we loved that we could track our leads from within our inbox using Streak -- no tool switching!

CONS

I could see us possibly outgrowing it if we were to have a more complex business, but don't have much to say about its downsides.

Luisa

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Perfect startpoint CRM for Gmail

I am very happy. I use it every day, I have several Pipelines that help me see where each client is, or if I need to follow up to try to push the sale.

PROS

It is relatively easy to use and very practical. Before going to a more complex CRM I recommend using Streak. You can create different Pipelines, customize them with different colors and edit by modifying texts, etc. I also find email tracking and the option to send later very practical.

CONS

Although it is very intuitive, it requires learning time to be able to make the most of it. The free option allows very few contacts (500), while the next option (ONLY) is 5000. It's a lot of difference. Maybe it could be the free version up to 1000 so there isn't such a big gap.

Reviewed January 2017

Value Unlike No Other

I love Google products and Google Steak is no exception. I am even locked in at a discounted rate for getting in while it was still in Beta. There have been many updates however there is still some chunkiness to it. Even so, it does the best job of giving me access to everything I need in one spot, like email, contacts, tasks, notes, call notes, etc., for a GREAT monthly rate. If you are a small business, start here! You may never leave. Now they just need to fix their Android app and we'll be golden.

PROS

It's Google!

CONS

A bit clunky. For example, if you have two funnels and you move one funnel to the other, if selections are not already present in exact spelling, then they disappear and you have to redo your work. I also wish that reminders would auto remind me because I always miss tasks on the day of and then never get around to them because I never see them again!

Ani