• Pros

• "I really like the Press Release distribution, the reach is fantastic. "

• "It provides a very useful spread of information regarding everything that is being said about your company."

• "Super easy to use; mobile and desk top; can set auto-alerts"

• Cons

• "The price is a little high; setting up the searches was fairly tedious but they help you through it."

• "It took a while to learn. There are videos to assist, and but the system is quite robust. It is on the pricey side. "

• "Excellent with Twitter, but not much access to other social media sites, such as Facebook, or blogs."

Browse Meltwater Reviews

Javier Victor Marian from Infobyte Security Research

best monitoring media software

best tool for monitoring media outlets in latin america!

Pros

sysomos is a great combination of automated software that look into media outlets news in digital and keep a look into social media. Also, they have a robust database of latin america. Before wans't so great but they keep updating it. Now, it is hard to find adicional news outside sysomos.

Cons

i have problems sharing my monitors and querys with other users and customer suppport couldn't help me. Also time to timee they have a breach or something working wrong and you dont receive and alert by email and they are very slow to solve it. I have issues in the past with my clients because of this.

DeDe from Yuba Water Agency

Industry: Utilities

One tool that does almost everything we need

We've been using it in this office for about 2 years now, and I used them previously at another job, as well. They're very responsive when you need help with something. I like the tool. It's intuitive and does just about everything we'd want it to. I do think their sales tactics were a little heavy-handed sometimes, putting deadlines on offers and whatnot, but when I talked to them about it, they lightened up a lot.

Pros

The dashboard for easy monitoring of our media and social coverage.

Cons

They charge separate pricing for everything, and it seems that every time I turn around they're rolling out a cool new feature they want to share, but it's always extra.

Reasons for Choosing Meltwater

Most recently, when we considered if we wanted to renew with Meltwater, it was really about keeping the price low and not having to change again. Changing is a hassle. But we are still satisfied with the quality of the service and ease of use, so no real need to change.

Reasons for Switching to Meltwater

Meltwater offered more for the same price. I really liked Trendkite, too, though.

Response from Meltwater

Replied November 2020

Dede, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we continue to provide high-quality care. Thank you very much for your feedback and are glad you have continued to find value in Meltwater.

Jo from Humanimal Trust

Incredibly Intuitive

The team are available on hand if needed, and very helpful and supportive of training, very much solution led in all areas. It's always been a positive experience working with them.

Pros

It's a great, easy to set up and easy to use platform, even if you're only using some of the features occasionally. In a small team it's really important to be able to utilise time effectively and this is a great tool to achieve that and cost effective too.

Cons

Nothing really - it's easy to use and great for what our organisation currently needs.

An acceptable tool that allows us to track our Media impact

An OK tool to use if you've been used to the platform. Recommend looking elsewhere to see if another tool can help solve your specific needs and problems.

Pros

A fairly robust way of gathering all the news about our industry, company, and competitors all in one place. Quick setup after a couple of calls with our representative.

Cons

the boolean logic strings are difficult to configure at first. We had issues with languages/news that had nothing to do with our industry. Not easily possible to laser-in on the information that we would find relevant for mass distribution. They need to make some enhancements as the UI seems dated, and at times difficult to navigate.

Reasons for Choosing Meltwater

Pricing discount & my manager had previous experience using the tool. We are consdering switching after our 1-ear subscription lapses.

David from TESOL

Deceptive business practices and horrible customer service

Avoid this company at all costs. They have unethical and deceptive business practices.

Pros

It's easy to use and offers a robust contact list for reporters and media outlets. The daily reports are also helpful in seeing media mentions and areas of interest.

Cons

The customer service and their business practices are just unethical and deceptive. I caution anyone who is considering meltwater to understand that they will be automatically renewed for the next year if they don't give 90 days notice. Where is this listed? In a URL you have to click on that's buried in your agreement they send you. They don't separate it out, highlight it, or tell you anywhere else. Their customer service and management couldn't care less that they dupe you into another year at thousands of dollars. I wouldn't give this company the time of day, let alone my business ever again. Avoid at all costs.

Response from Meltwater

Replied February 2021

Hi David, we appreciate your honest review. We set a high standard for ourselves, so we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. We will use this as an opportunity to improve.

Douglas from SANCA at Nathan Benderson Park

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Provides numbers and assistance we need

Meltwater provides us with the intelligence we need and an easy-to-use platform, to boot. It's a must-have.

Pros

Meltwater is fairly intuitive to use, though their reps will walk you through everything.

Cons

Seems there's always something new they want you to buy.

Rameez from HomeChoice

Great for customer engagement and as CRM tool

For the two years that we used Meltwater we increased our media sales and overall agent productivity. This lead to a decrease in our ques and many more satisfied customers. There are better products however Meltwater will definitely get the job done.

Pros

The CRM tool is amazing at collating and managing all social media into a chronological timeline. What I like most about this software is the interface. Very fluid and modern and easy on the eyes. It is also user-friendly, I was able to upskill many agents within 2 days maximum.

Cons

I do feel that the reporting could be a bit more specific or customisable. Especially when pulling agent reports, there is some information which I would like to see which is not there, so perhaps allowing a more in-depth customisable report functionwould be beneficial.

Reasons for Choosing Meltwater

We started off with Meltwater and switched to Freshdesk.

Vishal from To The New

Simplest listening and Monitoring tool i ever used

When I was a fresher I first used Sysmos and it helps me in understanding basics about listening and monitoring, It is very easy to use and query formation in Sysomos is very simple. One thing which i like about it is that its data tagging accuracy is far better than other tools

Pros

First of all, it is very simple to use, user-friendly and quite good for small and medium companies. Data mining is very simple in it and one can extract data very easily. It covers almost everything like hashtag analysis, Demographics analysis and word cloud analysis. Data accuracy is also quite good than others. Data extracted from Sysomos has multilayer topics, it provides much information. In short, it is a very important tool for a newbie, it will help in understanding the basics of listening and monitoring

Cons

there was a time when it used to extract data from many sources but now it only provides a chunk from twitter. Sometimes it has issues with data accuracy and time zone and the last thing is that it provides a limited amount of data.

Danielle from Clark

Great for social listening

Overall, this is a great tool for a PR and social media person to share and inform their work. Instead of doing a lot of manual searches online and on social media, you can get daily mentions in one simple email digest. It's a big time-saver.

Pros

I primarily use this software to keep an eye on the brand in the media for social media purposes. I like that I get a daily digest every morning at 9:30 am that helps me identify opportunities to engage with online users during the day.

Cons

The user experience design could use some improvement.

Dawn from Eco Animal Pet

Simple Intuitive Social Media Monitoring

If you are new to social media marketing and need a software that is easy to follow, Meltwater is one of the best on the market. It will give you all of the tools you need to effectively take your social media presence to the next level by comparing previous posts and finding what truly works best for your brand.

Pros

I'm a business owner for a small ecommerce based business. Social media is a huge part of our advertising and it's extremely time consuming to manage entirely on my own. This software allows me to view important analytics in one place. The interface is extremely intuitive and very easy to use. Everything you "need" to know is on the front page. You can see everything from mentions to impressions and new followers all in one place. They even have a "positivity percentage" and "competitive rank" that compares your audience reaction to others in a similar field.

Cons

I've used quite a few social media marketing tools. This one is simple- and that's one thing I really like about it. But I'd like to see a few more options. I really wish I could find a software that allowed me to both manage and monitor in the same application. But, alas, I can only find softwares that do one or the other.

Response from Meltwater

Replied February 2021

Hi Dawn, thank you for your positive review! We're glad you find such value in our products. We do offer a streamlined solutions to social media management and social listening in one platform, so I encourage you to connect with your account rep!

Charlotte from ICOM France

Un outil de veille qui patine !

La communication avec Meltwater est quasi inexistante. Le sav technique répond dans des délais de plusieurs jours. Mais le service commercial n'effectue aucun suivi de ses clients pour vérifier leur satisfaction et proposer des améliorations. Aussi, en 2 ans d'utilisation de l'outil, nous avons eu plusieurs interlocuteurs différents !

Pros

Meltwater permet une saisie illimitée de mots clés de recherches vous permettant de lancer une veille sur des sujets variés : x produits, x marques, x gammes ou x entreprises. Les articles retenus peuvent être envoyés à vos collègues dans une newsletter.

Cons

Les articles non sens sont très nombreux à remonter ce qui oblige à faire du tri avant de trouver le sujet qui nous intéresse vraiment. L'utilisation de l'outil demande beaucoup de temps ! Malgré deux interventions de l'équipe technique en 2 ans, l'outil remonte toujours des articles inutiles et hors sujet. Le paramétrage des requêtes avec des fonctions booléennes exige un minium de connaissance. Une formulaire (code) aurait facilité l'expérience client. Mon entreprise a un établissement homonyme dont nous recevons des articles alors que Meltwater a effectué des paramétrages à 2 reprises pour éviter ce problème ! D'autre part, le design pourrait être amélioré avec par exemple un visuel/vignette en aperçu des articles sélectionnés pour une mise en avant dans une newsletter.

- Veille monde - Veille concurrentielle et e-réputation

Hailley from Buffer

I will never recommend any Meltwater products or services

Overall, I will never recommend Meltwater as a product or service. Their staff aren't knowledgable and their salespeople sneak auto-renewals into their contracts to keep people on as customers. As a company no one is able to take responsibility and they don’t offer genuine support for their customers

Pros

Some of their employees genuinely want to help (which is what I like best) however, Meltwater as a company doesn't give them the tools to do so.

Cons

Terrible customer support: If you try calling Meltwater's customer support number often times they simply don't pick up. No ownership: One of their employees openly admitted to a high turnover rate of employees and as such, no one was willing to take responsibility for what someone who no longer worked at Meltwater had done. Search results are not accurate: I worked with three account representatives to get accurate results about my company and they never fully worked out. They both missed several key results (the whole purpose of using this service was so I didn't have to dig to find them) and they also brought in incorrect results. Mediate database is out of date: I used their media database several times and it was always difficult to use plus there wasn't updated contact information for reporters. I had better luck looking for emails and phone numbers myself. !!They sneak auto-renewals into contracts and do not notify you!! Even if you tell them you are not planning on renewing it has to be in written form or else they will force you into another year. I no longer trust this team or company to care for their customers.

Kathy from KnowBe4

The most inclusive on the market

My overall experience has been good. The customer support is usually very fast and any issues always get resolved. The platform and staff are very reliable and useful.

Pros

The thoroughness of coverage and the reach is far larger than other products and the ability to customize searches, add viewers

Cons

a few typos in search criteria setup from prior account managers - but nothing that affects its usability

Reasons for Choosing Meltwater

Most inclusive and thorough and easiest to use, and it allows me to save data and makes articles from 5 months available if I need them - much easier to use than other competitive products

Reasons for Switching to Meltwater

I found Meltwater to be the most inclusive since most of our coverage is focused on an online audience (vs broadcast TV or radio or print) so this had the most inclusive and thorough coverage allowing us to configure it more to our needs and use it to compare long periods of time - which other platforms do not do.

Response from Meltwater

Replied November 2020

Kathy, we're glad to hear we have delivered such a great experience for you. Our team strives for excellent customer service and product solutions. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

Ed from FUSIONWRX Inc, a Flottman Company

Meltwater - Media Outreach

Great Customer Service! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is fantastic, very informative, very helpful and truly knows our account. Great pricing when compared to Cision and Trendkite. I evaluate the entire service every year and after moving from Vocus (Cision) in 2016, I continue to renew. Value, Reach and Service!

Pros

I really like the Press Release distribution, the reach is fantastic.

Cons

It is a little "clunky," however every issue that I have ever had they have worked hard to fix it!

Reasons for Choosing Meltwater

Cost savings! Especially for A rated press releases!

Cost savings!

Response from Meltwater

Replied November 2020

Ed, our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case during your time with Meltwater. If you have further needs or questions, please reach out!

Amanda from Campbell Lewis Communications

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Great social media monitoring & journalist database tool

Tip to your sales team: stop being so aggressive and reading from a script it gets very annoying.

Pros

They have an extensive journalist database and their social media platform is great. Can connect several different clients' accounts and schedule posts and the metrics are great

Cons

Their sales team is extremely aggressive. Only hear from account reps when it's time for renewal and after you sign up they go silent when you have an actual issue.

Katie from Atlas Copco Compressors

Meltwater is a Capable Social Monitoring Tool!

We primarily use Meltwater as a social media monitoring tool. We're a global organization, so it can be difficult to have a full picture of how our business is being referenced across the world. But Meltwater solves that problem!

Pros

Meltwater is very useful in being able to monitor what is being said about our company on a global scale on social media. I get an email every morning that shows me exactly who is saying what and on which platform. It links out to these references as well! From here I can take action and ensure that I'm staying ahead of any negative - and positive - remarks.

Cons

Meltwater's platform can be a bit tricky to learn. It's not a very simple platform - though it's relatively drag-and-drop, but you have to be uber-aware of how to put together the lists you need so everything will be monitored correctly. That's where the Account Managers come into play. So, on the whole, if you don't have a lot of time to learn the platform. I have no doubt it's easy once you get the hang of it, but I don't have that luxury!

Great investment for the right company

I use this software for both distributing press releases and monitoring media coverage and think the product is worth the investment if you are dealing with media on at least the national level. Only complaint is the sales staff (most likely by design of their business model) is on the pushy side to get you to renew you contact early and frquent attempts to upsell new products or features.

Pros

Meltwater is very user friendly and an excellent resource to reach media contacts (broadcast, print and online) nationality and internationally.

Cons

Like all other public relation tools for media, Meltwater tends to have a good amount of media contacts that are out of date but that seems to be an issue accross the board. Price is high, but comparable to other similar software...but worth it if your company is trying to reach media on a national level or monitor your media coverage.

Jeff from .CLUB Domains, LLC

We use Meltwater Daily and Have for Years... Great tool and service.

We've been a customer for 3+ years and use Meltwater on a daily basis. Initially, we were mostly using the media monitoring features exclusively, and that alone was enough value to justify our account. More recently we've also been using the Influencer platform for media research and outreach and that has also proven to be extremely useful. Much of our content marketing is driven by things we're able to uncover on a daily basis using Meltwater.

Pros

The breadth of features. Ease of use and flexibility. Daily email reports, customizable Dashboards, integration with analytics and social platforms, comprehensive media/influencer database and contact platform. Outstanding proactive service and support.

Cons

No real complaints about the software. It is very robust and even after several years, we are finding new beneficial ways to leverage Meltwater.

Best Option in the Market

With nearly 10 years working in PR, I have had experience with Cision, Vocus, and Meltwater. There is no question that I will continue to use Meltwater in my career because it is most powerful, in my opinion. I also think that their PR distribution (which is integrated into the platform) is better than what the other players have to offer.

Pros

I use Meltwater primarily for its media database and PR distribution. The media data seems to be pretty well updated and when I request changes/additions, they are made very quickly.

Cons

As they have updated the software, I lost some of the key features that added value to how I use it. I wish you could filter search results better, gain better snapshots of individual outreach performance from the overall list, and create news searches based on specific media lists, to name a few. Also, beware of their contract because there is an autorenewal clause no matter if your account rep has reached out to you beforehand or not. Make a note on your calendar ahead of time so that charge doesnt come as a surprise or ask them to remove it from your contract.

Meltwater = Too Expensive For Small Business, Good For Larger Operations

Overall, the algorithm changes on Instagram took away our use for discovering leads efficiently with the listening tool. The cost was no longer sustainable once it was not bringing in any additional revenue. It is a powerful tool, with great customer service, but I believe it is a little too pricey for smaller businesses.

Pros

I liked how robust the listening side of the software was. You could really dive into the results and pick up conversations that were happening around your brand that you otherwise would not have been able to see.

Cons

What I liked least about this software was that their social inbox was just Sprout Social. I was living within the engagement side of the software and saw little additional value. For those focusing solely on social listening, I recommend looking only at the component.

Martin from American Philatelic Society

A Product in Development

Meltwater is providing excellent support and their media data and reporting seems to be very reliable. We have been able to use it to make some very productive media in-roads. The software seems to be underdeveloped but hopefully they will continue to add the features needed to make it a mainstream offering.

Pros

Meltwater is easy to use and their employees pay a lot of attention to you as a client. Especially in the set-up stages, they are very attentive and schedule their follow-up effectively. The basic tools are adequate and their data seems to be reliable.

Cons

The platform for Meltwater seems to be very immature in terms of its development. It can send newsletters but you get almost NO functionality on analytics or member tracking. Like all other SaaS companies, everything is an add-on and it is not always easy to determine what you get for the price you are being quotes. The software simply feels rudimentary in design and immature in implementation.

Not impressed.

Media contact information and a database to determine the relevant reporters would be immensely helpful to PR professionals, unfortunately, there has yet to be a provider that does this in an efficient, accurate and updated way.

Pros

These types of tools are somewhat of a necessary evil in the PR space when it comes to looking up media contacts. Meltwater is no worse than its competitors and about half the time will have the accurate, current contact information of the relevant reporter we are looking for.

Cons

Unfortunately the other half of the time, there is no specific contact information or publications are not even logged in the Meltwater databases. Often, every contact at a specific publication will be listed with the same generic contact email that's listed on the publication's website, making Meltwater's services essentially useless. User is also quite clunky to just be able to search for media outlets/contacts.

Price.

Gaurav from To The New Digital Pvt. Ltd

Industry: Online Media

An awesome Social Media Listening tool for Twitter

I have been using Sysomos for almost 2 years and it has never failed to surprise me. The tool is fun to work with Twitter data however it lags when we are looking for Facebook, Blogs, Forums and Instagram mentions. The tool is good for realtime campaign monitoring. Downside: The customer support is not that responsive when you encounter any issue with tool like data lapse etc. Overall it is good product when your prime focus is to monitor Twitter conversations on web.

Pros

1. Strong Twitter Monitoring 2. Effective Real Time Tracking

Cons

1. Poor customer support 2. Not so good traditional media tracking

Ana from Accord Healthcare

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Review on Meltwater collaboration

Pros

Most relevant features are related to the fact that we could (relatively) easy see how our messages (key ones) were taken over by the media and the way these were interpreted. The universe around key topics and the geographical span.

Cons

Reports for certain topics. Not a digest with all media impacts, but a narrative, to also include metrics for positive/negative/neutral articles.

Linda from St. John's University

Robust Social Media Monitoring at a Price

We tend to use Meltwater in times of social media crises — and it cuts down on manual data compilation and creates easy-to-understand reports for all stakeholders.

Pros

Robust social monitoring capabilities, easy to set up, really great customer support, easily customizable, and easy to export reports.

Cons

It's pricey, but with social media monitoring that is to be expected. In this realm, you get what you pay for, and Meltwater is worth the price because it just pulls in way more intel than any other solution available.

High level and getting better

Pros

Meltwater is aquiring a lot of new companies which is giving their platform more functionality every day. It is not perfect when it comes to social platform API's and I tend to not trust the numbers but it is improving.

Cons

I tend to find a lot of errors within my social media reporting. My account rep has said its due to the restrictive api's of the social platforms which I understand. However, it makes social scheduling difficult as I have to use multiple platforms to schedule posts.

Cassie from CallSource

Complicated Product

Pros

There are some cool feautres in Meltwater, like being able to search history by specific keywords and dates and exlcusions, and getting email notifications that we can set up for when certain words or our brand is mentioned. It also worked for us to schedule out social posts.

Cons

There are some complications in getting up social posts - sometimes it wouldn't properly tag the person we were trying to tag in our post, and you can't go back and edit a post after it's done to tag the person. Sometimes it almost feels like there are too many features that are difficult to learn to use, and not enough help to properly learn how to use the software. It shouldn't be that complicated. I think it is way over-priced for what you get, and there are competitors much better matched for our needs.

Emily from Sandbox Software

Affordable but over hyped and not suitable for a large company

Pros

I worked for a large automotive company and moved from NetBase to Sysomos due to cost and ease of use. Sysomos is certainly easy to use and fulfills the basic needs of a small to medium size business - I don't think it's ideal if you have to dive into analytics and provide in depth numbers. If that's the case, Sysomos is not for you.

Cons

I found that Sysomos wasn't delivering the analytics that execs were looking for and there was a lot of manual work that went into it. The content planning side of the software seemed promising until I had to use it daily and dealt with glitches of the screen freezing or not being able to scroll up/down. When presenting content to client and using Sysomos, I was embarrassed. Training was not great, there were so many things he missed out on and we found out later on that we were not using the software to it's absolute fullest due to poor training.

Ernest from Nexus Global Solutions

Meltwater does the job

Excellent service and support.

Pros

Ease of use and data base capture. It’s easy to set up an automated process for newsfeeds and reporting.

Cons

Exporting is not as advanced as I would like. Pdf and cvs are the main options. Formatting on export is less flexible.

Response from Meltwater

Replied November 2020

Ernest, we're glad to hear we delivered such a great experience. If there's anything further we can do for you, we are happy to help!

Kara from Florida State University

Great Spreading the Word

Overall, Meltwater has been an easy tool to use to distribute information and also see the analytics of how it's being received, opened, clicked, etc. We also use the tool to create a Daily Digest of hits that mention our business in the media or on Twitter.

Pros

This software is completely user friendly. It is easy to upload press releases and sent to various distribution lists.

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches or issues where if there is a lot of traffic happening via Meltwater which makes your particular information experience a delay. Usually, Meltwater staff are able to identify log jams pretty quickly.

Keep tabs on your company online.

Meltwater has given me the ability to monitor what is being said about my company in one place.

Pros

Cons

Not all packages are necessary and they will try to up-sell you. Granted that's just another part of business.

Michelle from Reymond

Meltwater Review

Overall, my experience at Meltwater has been quite good.

Pros

Meltwater provides an in-depth media monitoring service with excellent analytics for reporting. I use Meltwater daily and having an automated media monitoring service with a personal account manager and live chat function is a great asset.

Cons

Customer service response times and reliability start to slow down during busy periods, like towards end-of-year reporting which can be quite frustrating.

Good system for long time users, better software is now available for the price

Enhanced view into what real people are saying about a given topic

Pros

Sysomos has historically been a top choice for major brands -- especially in the early days of social listening. They were an earlier provider of advanced listening software that offered a lot of functionality to help forward thinking brands finally make sense of how social media conversations could help them market better. Even today, they have a wide range of features that, at least partially, integrate together

Cons

They've lost a few steps over the last 3-4 years. Couple a piecemeal corporate history (acquired by PRnewswire, then spun off as an independent operating entity) with an acquisition-based strategy for refreshing their product set and your left with a somewhat integrated grouping of product offerings from messaging to on-demand search to ongoing listening that, in theory, could help you centralize social media operations with a single vendor. In practice, none of their standalone solutions would survive alone in the wild against more agile, innovative competition. Even full-suite users find data consistency challenges continuing to surface alongside a continued requirement to separately log into several distinct solutions

I really enjoyed using Sysomos! It was easy to get set up and researching for our office.

It assisted with understanding customer needs, how they use our product, and developing our line.

Pros

It helped organize and visually represent data for our online presence, determine how to expand our product line, and track customer sentiment. It is quite robust. If you really get it going you can track industry activity as it starts to trend.

Ryan from Memorial Medical Center, Las Cruces

Great product that does just about everything for you!

I had it at a previous employer and I needed to get it at my new company as it is that important of a tool to help me stay ahead of what is going on each day in our market.

Pros

Super easy to use; mobile and desk top; can set auto-alerts

Cons

Response from Meltwater

Replied November 2020

Ryan, your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let us and other professionals know about your positive experience.

Courtney from Townsquare Media

Easy Contact Lists

Great option for press release distribution. I like being able to create targeted media lists and scheduling releases.

Pros

I like how easy it is to gather lists of relevant media in my area and field. Depending on who I want to target I am able to modify a list and make sure my release and information is reaching the right group of people.

Cons

My only cons come from the other side of the software. I receive a fair number of releases that aren't relevant to what I cover. It isn't a software error, it is user error with people not knowing how to create their lists.

Louisa from London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine

User-friendly

Overall, a great product and gives excellent snapshot of media coverage.

Pros

Very easy and straightforward to use. Gives rich analytics data.

Cons

Boolean search terms can sometimes be 'off'.

Julie from Bricker & Eckler LLP

Industry: Law Practice

Meltwater does the trick

We continue to renew our contract with Meltwater, because, compared to competitors, the service is financially feasible. The interface upgrades have also kept us happy. Overall, Meltwater helps us distribute news effectively and that's exactly what its supposed to do.

Pros

Meltwater has made A LOT of improvements to their user interface recently. Building lists has gotten a lot eaiser and quicker. I'm able to quickly scan and select thousands of contacts.

Cons

Meltwater's customer service leaves something to desire. In the four years that I've used the platform, my service rep has changed at least a half-dozen times. Each new person wants to connect to see how things are going, but most of the time they just try to sell us on something new. They are not concerned with understanding our business.

Meltwater makes media relations and PR easier

Meltwater really helps with media relations. It helps you target the right journalists for your news. If you do media outreach, you really need Meltwater.

Pros

What you can do with Meltwater you can't do with Cision. It's much easier to use and allows you to see who viewed your pitch so you can decide how to follow up. It makes media relations less of a thankless chore by helping you decide where to focus your efforts.

Cons

It's a little confusing to use. Once you have a tutorial, it's easier, of course, but I wouldn't say it's intuitive.

Disingenuous business practices

Our organization is a client of Meltwater's and found the service was not benefiting us. The reports, stats and information provided were not beneficial. I indicated to the account specialist, I wasn't sure we would be renewing when they sent me a confirmation for renewal on October 26, 2018. Their only discussion was about getting me best prices. I did not sign the renewal confirmation. Our services were to end January 14, 2019. At no time did they mention automatic renewal or that I needed to send a formal notice of termination. On December 7th, in response to their many emails asking me to sign the renewal confirmation I advised them we would definitely not be renewing - 38 days before the services were to end. For the first time, they advised me we were automatically renewed and they would be sending us a bill. They said it was "preset" I asked for the contract and was shocked to see the termination terms aren't even listed on the main contract page - they are instead buried in a link, under topics such as spam. A link, of course, can be altered at any time. The contract document defines start and end dates, and makes no mention of automatic renewal. Your account reps make no mention of automatic renewal. I find this disingenuous.

Pros

Nothing - it said our reach was over 200 billion - there are less than 8 billion people on the planet.

Cons

It is redundant and doesn't deal with reality.

Vincent from Communication

Coup de gueule contre la société Meltwater

Coup de gueule contre la société Meltwater avec qui nous avons eu quelques déboires ces dernières années. Très bon service commercial qui a réussi à nous convaincre que Meltwater était la meilleure solution… mais grosse déception pour la suite ! Lenteurs pour configurer tous les paramètres complexes, conception par leurs services de la newsletter très laborieuse, conseillers techniques qui ne parlent pas tous Français ou très mal. Une fois tout configuré, les informations que leurs moteurs trouvent correspondent à ce qui se passe sur la toile donc ça dépend essentiellement de votre actualité. En revanche au moment de renouveler le contrat ça se gâte, augmentation de 60%, reconduction tacite, commercial qui ne parle pas Français, etc. Des méthodes certainement contractuelles mais que je qualifie de voyous. Je précise que la signature se passe électroniquement en ligne, sur un contrat écrit tout petit et que l'on ne peut pas imprimer avant de le signer. C'est seulement une fois signé que vous recevez le contrat avec les conditions générales de vente. Dans celles-ci il est spécifié que meltwater n'est pas tenu à des résultats, etc. Si vous vous laissez convaincre, pensez bien à supprimer la non reconduction tacite du contrat ou à dénoncer celle-ci dès signature.

Pros

Sur le principe tout à l'air très bien. Bonne présentation du produit.

Cons

Il doit ^^etre configuré par un administrateur de chez Meltwater.

Reasons for Choosing Meltwater

Bonne présentation avant l'achat et commercial persuasif. Remise conséquente la première année.

Social Listening made Easy and Fun

As a strategist in an international marketing and advertising agency, Sysomos was a crucial tool to gauge and extract information from social platforms and update our clients and also use the gathered insights for our campaigns. It is recommended as it gives an integrated platform to get social analytics and create actionable customer engagement opportunities.

Pros

Sysomos is a comprehensive software that gives a complete overview to get insights from social listening. it also has features that enable visualising data in diagrams and charts to get more information from the data.

Cons

Sometimes it can get confusing as the format and layout might get a little cluttered and not so easy to use.

Deborah from Terminus: Account-Based Marketing

Awesome PR and social media tracking

Pros

Used this to track client placements, as well as find contact details for reporters / editors. Easy to navigate, and our team could easily customize the specific dashboards.

Cons

Definitely can need some training to get up and working. We had our account managers come in to train up the team.

My all time fav social media listening tool to date

Insights for clients which helped them make key business decisions. Wonderful reporting and social metrics.

Pros

I have used several different social listening tools out there, and this is my favorite for many reasons. It's simple, customizable, visually appealing and provides meaningful results.

Cons

The customer service could be improved. With other tools, I have had a dedicated team who checks in with me, etc.

Sanjay from Secure Meters & Private Limited.Udaipur

Industry: Writing and Editing

Map

It's a good software that saves time and sitting at home can use it in its small device and it makes it easier for the person to arrive and a free demo of any place can tell.

Pros

Here is a good software. The person can easily see the map of any place in its device and use it.

Cons

The quality of the map of the software is not so high that I can tell it to myself very clear.

Andrey from Beetle Eye LLC

All you need for monitoring mentions

Marketing awareness of brand and products by way of the social publishing tool

Pros

I'm happy with that how a tool like Sysomos can be so amazing! It is great at monitoring media mentions and pull data from everywhere. There are many sub-tools of Sysomos which are helpful in finding the relevant search results of the quiries you're looking for.

Cons

You need to work further to build the right search queries so to gather only high-quality and relevant results from searches.

Excellent Product, Especially for Events!

Insight within our audience. Helped to show the location, gender, and so much more about the people talking about our brand. Also had really nice word clouds for reporting and other exportable reports.

Pros

I love the ease of setting up and using this product. It's very visually pleasing and useful for supporting the overall life of a hashtag and event. The reporting is detailed and it's easy to see how far messages travel, and the impact it has within your audience.

Cons

I didn't love the customer service at first but it got better as we complained. I also think it could build in some more exportable quick reporting to help diversify the platform but it's restricted to what it can get from APIs from the various social networks.

Michael from Entertainment

Meltwater Review

It's been great. The customer service and walkthrough they provided was great customer service.

Pros

It's a one-size-fits-all for running social channels. The ability to schedule, check analytics and build lists is unmatched.

Cons

There's not much not to like. I do wish that meltwater app and meltwater engaged were within the same platform for ease of use.

Response from Meltwater

Replied November 2020

Hi Michael, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! We will pass your feedback along to the team.

Ron from Maryville College

Meltwater Review

Overall, this was a great platform to use to better realize a fully encompassing social strategy: Social Media management, increased responsiveness, better reporting, and the previously mentioned social listening!

Pros

The social listening component of this management platform is top notch, as it allowed for us to search out mentions of our company (good or bad) on social without having been specifically tagged. That's great!

Cons

Frankly, the cost was a little on the higher-end for organizations that do not have a lot of extra budget for social media management and analytics.

Reasons for Choosing Meltwater

Again, I go back to some of the listening components, which were great!

Julie from Julie Collins Consulting

Industry: Research

Terrible for Analytics

I don't see how any analyst tested this tool. Doesn't include what I consider basic functionality. Requires multiple unnecessary steps to analyze data.

Pros

Customer Service is responsive. Tool is very affordable.

Cons

Social Analytics are awful. Problems include: • Data Exports – Have to email data exports through individual chart widgets. • Separate steps for creating queries and building dashboards with visuals. • Have to create separate searches for News and Social separately – Duplicates work. • Charts – Don’t have basic number labels, aren't usable. • Can't download basic volume trend. • Volume and Sentiment numbers do not match.

Price.