Trumpia Reviews

4.27 / 5 (52)

Our advisors have recommended this product 3 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "I like the platform that it uses and how easy it is use use the text out option combined with FB posting. Makes it very simple to do it all at once."

• "Trumpia has been an excellent resource for our company for over 3 years now. The ease of use, great communication, and highly effective marketing tools make working with Trumpia all the better."

• "Able to store information that is used each time I send a text. I love that I can send to the whole team at once so everyone has the information they need. "

• Cons

• "The initial setup is a large task but that was to be expected. I believe once everything is in place the upkeep should be less cumbersome. "

• "My department had a few problems with the emails, they wouldn't go through to my list. Also, often the system was down when I needed to use the service. "

• "I would like the ability to adjust online sign-up forms just a little more than what the system will allow."

Browse Trumpia Reviews

Julio from Tom Tours & Services

3 Years in and no complaints at all

Pros

Cons

I personally do not have any cons, however, I do think the mobile version of the site can be improved.

Brian from ZyraTalk

Trumpia API user

Great people who are willing to help you be successful. The support team really does go above and beyond and is a differentiator among competitors.

Pros

Robust API with the ability to build a 2-way texting platform on top. The ability to text-enable a company landline or VOIP line is vital since we deal in the SMB sector.

Cons

There are some nuances that cause occasional bugs. Sometimes the source is on our end and sometimes on the Trumpia end. I also wish when my account balance fell below the balance I wouldn't have to contact someone to reactivate it for me so I can add more funds. Sometimes this can cause minimal delays and cause us to have minor downtime with SMS. We have processes in place to prevent this in the future, but it has happened a few times. (Mainly in our test environment).

Reasons for Choosing Trumpia

Ability to SMS enable a landline

Andrew from Dawson Family of Faith

We decided to try trumpia a few years ago and signed up. Honestly i have not been that impressed.

Pros

It obviously functions in regards to sending out texts. They system seems somewhat robust...but still not a lot that I like about it.

Cons

Email system is not very good. Texting system has some flaws in my opinion...for instance once a text is sent.. if someone replies to it after an amount of time... it can enroll them in something else because the same number is being used by other companies. I have not used Trumpia in a little while because I found something that is easier and works far better.

Heidi from Dragonfly Marketing Solutions LLC

They have been extremely helpful. My business is using the system as white label.

Pros

It does what I need almost exactly without me having to have custom software built. I've had to alter what I wanted and how I would like it to work, but not by much. It was a challenge getting it set up because it is completely custom, but when we got it right, it's been amazing and so affordable. I had to purchase my own short code for contests and their team was amazingly helpful in that process.

Blake from Cornerstone Church

Good so far

Pros

Value and support has been awesome every time I call I have been able to get a quick response. I also like that they do annual and non profit discounts.

Cons

Not being able to text from your phone to a keyword. I would like to be able to set up mobile phone numbers that can text a list like other vendors.

Ted from EyeOn

We manage 12 shopping center that are all very active with Trumpia and have excellent success using

The benefit is that all the centers that we support are able to engage 10's of thousand of customers on any given day

Pros

There platform is very dynamic and has a many options for engagement. Trumpia does a very good job with training and offers a variety tutorials that helps understand all the other options that they offer.

Cons

The platform isn't as intuitive as I hoped and finding thing isn't always very easy. Its nice that they offer so many modules and ways of engagement but for the average user they dont use them all. I think the main UI should be cleaner and easier to navigate

We use Trumpia for employee text alerts and have been pleased overall.

Employee alerts

Pros

The ability to send immediate alerts to our employees across the country. We heavily rely on this communication tool.

Cons

The occasional outages and inability to send alerts if that month's payment hasn't processed. We typically have more than enough credits to process an alert. It'd also be nice to be able to buy credits in bulk, as opposed to being obligated to the monthly charge.

Great service. Easy to setup.

This software provides an easy way to send SMS in bulk or individuals.

Pros

The software has great documentation. It was very easy to setup and test a quick through the api. Very intuitive API wise.

Cons

The UI was not the most friendly and a little confusing to learn. The site is also slow it is very hard to actually use the site.

Sharon from Auto Alliance (Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers)

More than we needed.

Using this software gave me insight into the functions I really need for my purposes. It also gave me insight into what is technically possible with this kind of software.

Pros

I appreciate the technical expertise needed to create this product. It has many useful functions. It allows an organization to collect and communicate with a large number of customers.

Cons

It has many, many more functions than I need. I need a simple mass texting program to alert our small staff of emergencies. I really dislike that it is almost impossible to use quickly and from a mobile device.

Carl from The Autobarn Ltd

Easy to use set of effective marketing tools

The ability to stay in touch with our customers via text

Pros

If you are looking for a way to reach out to your customers in the fastest most direct and effective way possible then Trumpia has the tools for you. Fast, easy to use set of direct text marketing tools

Cons

Trumpia does require a small amount of training to get up and going, and if you don't use it on a regular basis you will find you need to refresh your memory on how to use it sometimes

Art from Jensen Unlimited, Inc.

Excellent software, super-responsive support team.

Allowed me to reach people that get way too much email to read it all.

Pros

I like the versatility the most. There are plenty of text messaging solutions out there, but none that can do what Trumpia can do. Text with photos, images, video, audio, numbered mobile coupons with a private web-based redemption site that employees can access on their mobile phones to record discount programs. There's also a web-based customer loyalty program function that replaces paper cards entirely. Tons of options that marketing departments need, like surveys and trackable hyperlinks and automated variable messaging with additional list segmentation depending upon customer response. Has some features that educational and religious organizations would use, though I'm not in those markets. I really am hooked on the list segmentation and automation capabilities. This provides me with the ability to tailor my messages to subsets of the customer base. Set it, and forget- the software does the work. The best feature? That's easy: people actually read their text messages, unlike email, although Trumpia can do that too. It's a single platform that can do texts, email and social media. The USA-based customer support is first-rate and very personal. They've helped me many, many times. I'm not a techie, and support is very important to me. They have a video training library with dozens of short feature videos. I'm very happy with my purchase.

Cons

That I didn't discover it sooner. A bit of a learning curve for my limited tech capabilities on some of the more advanced features. The support team walked me through those, though.

Lucia from Tom Tours Services, Inc

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

We continue to trust Trumpia with our marketing needs. Thank you, thank you, thank you

Pros

We enjoy using Trumpia for marketing to all of our clients. The ease of use, training and functionality is what keeps us coming back and recommending to other friends and colleagues.

Cons

We are aware that there are some limitations as with all technology, though as a manager I cannot think of any cons.... maybe just the price ;)

Randall from Statewide Remodeling

Trumpia makes it simple and fast to communicate with my team in the field.

Pros

Cons

I have noticed from time to time if i send a text prior to 8am it will not go thru. I use the function of choosing to send it later to bypass that. Outside of that I have no issues with the software.

Krystal from BFAC

Pros

The layout and simplicity of the system. We can log on easily --clients are able to schedule messages in advanced.

Michelle from Grand View Christian Academy

So far it has been wonderful, however, I feel there are many things we still do not utilize.

Text out to groups has been nice. I would like to have more text in sign ups.

Pros

Cons

No app that I can use to send/ transmit when I am traveling. I travel a lot and am not always at a computer to login at. I would love to see an app that can do all of the things I need to do on my iPhone or iPad.

Stephen from Golden Goose Scheduling

Very useful software and an easy convenient way to push our presentations to attendees

Ability to easily push our presentations to attendees making it a convenient format to present our material.

Pros

Easy of use with a minimal learning curve . Have used the software for several different conferences and small to large with great consistency

Cons

Has limits to how many Keywords can be used at one time. Once we reach the maximum number of keywords, we then have to delete past keywords to open up space.

Rick from MainStreet Oceanside

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Trumpia lets us keep in touch with our vendors in real time.

Pros

Trumpia provides an easy way to text our outdoor street market vendor population in real time. This allows us to communicate load-in status and other situations that may come up in the course of an evening.

Cons

The text editor needs a little work. It behaves oddly and it can be frustrating when a text message needs to go out in a hurry.

Cynthia from SuitMart

Trumpia is a big part of our business with minimum issues. If an issues arises it is handled quickly

One that is most important to me is reliability.

Pros

I like the ability to look at the analysis of each campaign. This gives us the ability to analyze our promotions and make adjustments to our marketing strategy.

Cons

When recipients have tried to opt out it sometimes does not work. Causing the recipient to call us to manually opt them out.

Carlos from Loyalty Systems, LLC

Great Service!

The API integration is fabulous and the connection through Zapier. It has a lot of functionalities.

Pros

The functionality of the platform and the API integration is very extensive. We have been able to use their API for our custom platform to send messages and codes through our distribution lists.

Cons

It can be pricey. Trumpia isn't the cheapest platform but it is very robust. If you are sending from 5,000 to 10,000 text messages per month, Trumpia is a great option.

Troy from Pawprint Reminders

Industry: Publishing

Confusing

Very little

Pros

The ability to track opened emails. Then see how many times it is reopened. Also to see how many are unopened.

Cons

difficulty in attaching new list to a different email template. I work with different clinics and need to be able to use different templates with different list that correspond to the clinic.

Maria from Motorsport

I don't have a good experience overall

Pros

I like all the possible functionality. There are so many great qualities and opportunities with it

Cons

Trumpia is not user friendly at all and very very hard to understand and work on. I hate it and has not worked for us

Ken from Refuge and Restoration Church

Very efficient software

Pros

The software allows you to post on social media, text and email with one simple campaign. It eliminates the need to use multiple platforms.

Cons

There are glitches in the software. Sometimes you can't cut & paste text from the text box to the email.

Dianna from Pastimes Farm & Bakery

Industry: Farming

We have a great experience with Trumpia and could not be more pleased

It allowed us to create a list and keep our contacts update for sales and location pop ups

Pros

The software is easy to use and intergrate with all our social media platforms. The text messages get sent fast and accurate

Cons

I do not like that we can not see previous sent messages until after they are copied and added to the send to contact list. I also do not like how many characters we are limited to for the added cost

ANgela from Strax Rejuvenation

Good

can reach multiple phone providers

Pros

online access, upload files and lists, schedule delivery of text in advance . access from anywhere

Cons

multiple lists dont get cross referenced, the scheduling fails and it does not tell you it has failed

Adara from Booz Allen

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Great features and capability.

Pros

Easy scheduling, great tools (drip campaign, keyword sign up), consistently good, no bugs/glitches when sending messages to user base.

Cons

Wish it had more options to integrate into website and newsletter (button to sign up), option to customize the sign up page with our colors or at least logo. Also don't like that images take three credits and we have had some issues with GIF delivery even though they are supposed to be supported. Would like more analytics offferings/visual displays.

Katie from Malone Solutions

I have had a great experience with Trumpia

Pros

I like how many people I can send a message out to. It saves a lot of time for me to send out a text blast rather than calling each individual

Cons

I do not like how many different things I have to go through in order to get a message sent out. It is very time consuming when sending out blasts.

Kim from Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission

This has been simple from the start. The staff at Trumpia make it very easy and are very supportive!

Pros

The ability to create a list that captures the information I need to use the service that fits my needs.

Cons

The inability to see exactly who my messages failed to be delivered to and who has opted out from my subscribers

Hannah from Calvary Chapel Bible College

I love using Trumpia to quickly notify people!

Pros

I love that it can take less than 5 minutes to send a text message to over 300 people! Trumpia makes it easy to remind our student body about events. We also have this system in case of emergencies - we can quickly instruct our students. It's a great resource to have!

Cons

There doesn't seem to be a quick, easy way for contacts to get back into the system, once they've opted out.

Itula from L&L HAWAIIAN BBQ

Not great

Pros

Text message advertising. Loyalty program tied to customer phone number. Mass text message to customers.

Cons

Inconvenient with loyalty program. Using separate iPad. Need to be integrated with pos system to make it easier to pull up customer info.

Alexandra from VREB Network

Great Product for the price

I get a much higher response rate

Pros

I liked that I was able to use with product with the Salesforce Process builder and Work Flows. Sends out Text smoothly and easy to set up and use

Cons

Sometimes the Text from the other side to not come through correctly. They come out in gibberish but other then that its great

Karla from Mike Patton Auto Family

Automotive retail - franchised dealerships

Pros

The use of keywords is easy to set up and great during seasonal sales events. We were able to text-enable our local number within minutes!

Cons

Initially, it's hard to get your opt-in lists built up. I also wished that it integrated with our CRM so that messages would attach to our customers' records.

Molly from Construction

Disappointing Experience

We went with Trumpia because they seemed to be able to send out scheduled text messages to a large audience, however, this was far from true. We had a very negative experience with the company and do not recommend to others with similar needs.

Pros

It was marketed to send out scheduled text messages. Initially had support.

Cons

After we spent money on the system our support went down hill quickly. Our initial rep was not knowledgeable with the system and set up our campaign incorrectly. At this point we also learned they could not do what we wanted and were promised during the initial pitch. We then discovered many issues with our text campaign including texts not being sent to many of our recipients. The tracking was also very confusing to decipher. We then were transferred to another rep that was very unresponsive. We brought them many left over issues with the original rep, we were promised we would receive follow-up, and never received anything. We then discovered that our tracking was not even working correctly and all of our data was incorrect - we were given no solution. At this point we looked for a new vendor.

Christine from Prepare + Prosper

Trumpia works great for our nonprofit communications needs!

Pros

Easy to use, able to track texting history, easy to add many people at once, ability to set flexible recurring or one-time messages is nice.

Cons

Can take lots of time to use the appointment reminder function for a mass import (not as easy to figure out how to use that feature for our purposes)

Adam from Mayfield Church

Very positive

Pros

I enjoy that the software keeps all of my phone signups in one place and that I can immediately reach my audience. It is easy to use.

Cons

The only problem I have had with this software is that the price is a bit too high for our program.

Jeni from Fatskeys Music

Industry: Music

For a non-tech person, this platform was really user friendly & does what we needed!

I have already recommended this program to other promoters. The benefits are capturing fans at the time of a show so they don't have to remember to go to a website or itunes to buy music. This way we can stay in touch with them when

Pros

Trumpia is providing us with exactly what I was looking for. We wanted the ability to capture audience member's contact info at the time of a music show when the love emotion was peaked. This is working fabulously!

Cons

I wish I didn't have to buy such a big & expensive package (10 key words). Hopefully I'll need all 10 but for the first 9 months, 5 would have been good with a reduced price.

Diane from The Chamber of Commerce, Windham Region

Would like more flexibility with who to send messages to.

Pros

somewhat easy to add new people to a list. text is best way to communicate with overabundance of emails. i like that recipients can text back messages.

Cons

would like to be able to pull people from one list to the other without adding and would like more space to write longer messages.

Frith from Rakuten Marketing

We use Trumpia very minimally, for emergency broadcasts only.

Ease of contacting our team in an emergency, and the option to have them respond back to our texts.

Pros

Once you understand the back-end, it's easy to use. Knowing that the Terms of Service protect our employees from spam.

Cons

It's confusing accessing lists and databases, knowing the difference between the two, and how to move people from one location to another, which level of the app you need to be in to remove someone.

Pamela from UTATickets, University of Texas at Arlington, Special Events Facility

Worked with Trumpia to promote events through emails and texts.

Pros

The texting service worked very well. I liked that I could use graphics and photos. It helped me contact a wide variety of people. And, the customer support team was helpful when I had a problem.

Lydia from BoConcept Vancouver

A great tool to target mobile users.

Pros

- Efficient and helpful Customer Service department - Easy to track contacts from opt-in'd by different keywords - 1-on-1 texting available - Message templates

Cons

- Platform might be little bit complicated for starters, but Trumpia provided tutorials to assist. - Text character limits

Alex from Stonebridge Christian Church

It's a great site that we love to use.

It's great for communication. In student ministry we need to be able to get the word out quickly and accurately and this site helps us be able to do that.

Pros

It's easy to use. it's very funcional. it serves the purpose of our ministry. We love how easily we're able to get the word out about upcoming events.

It was easy to get started, and the team at Trumpia provided great training.

Better outreach to our most engaged members.

Pros

It's easy to use from any computer and has built in tracking so I can measure the impact of my messages.

Cons

The interface is a little clunky and counter intuitive in some places. It can be difficult to learn where everything is.

Dominique from Paper Doll Vintage Boutique

Great customer service and customer response

Pros

Competitive pricing. Customer service is always very helpful and patient. Easy to sign up and unsubscribe.

Cons

Website is a little hard to navigate and a bit overwhelming. Some messages fail to send. Would like more characters to the text for the same price.

maddy from kassing andrews advertising

Easy to use once learned, quick customer response

Pros

Easy to send out texts quickly. Love being able to send out spur of the moment or ahead of time. Love the ability to send out pictures, videos, segment groups, get rid of numbers, add in numbers quickly. Customer service has been great!

Cons

Training wasn't very helpful, it took multiple phone calls with customer service, my account manager to fully grasp how to send it out.

Destiney from Blackhorse Espresso and Bakery

Its been Great!!!!!!

Ever since we have started using this program we have been able to reach out to our customers on more of a personal leave. We have been able to offer deals for our loyal customers.

Pros

Its very easy to use and is exactly what my company needed to get in touch with our customers. We have had a lot of success with using this program. I am very happy with the customer service that you offer.

Good so far. Pretty easy to get started.

Pros

Being able to go in and edit the campaigns quickly and easily. Not only can I go in and make quick edits, but the campaigns are quickly approved for use.

Cons

That you can't toggle a campaign on and off. This way if I have events that are weeks apart, then I can shut off the code and turn it back on, rather than deleting a campaign and starting over.

Jim from Donald Danforth Plant Science Center

So far so good

Pros

The flexibility and affordablity of the software was my first draw. Once working with it, I have found that they have a good customer support team that has assisted me every step of the way.

Stephanie from Corporate Health Unlimited

Good product, customer experience lacking

None yet.

Pros

Number of options, seemingly easy interface. Support team exists, is available and they are quick to respond.

Cons

Customer support was quick to respond but not helpful in assisting with my issues. Felt like I was pushing them to resolve my issue as their response was simply "that's not what should happen" even though I shared my screen to show what was actually happening. At that point I had been on the phone with them for 45 minutes and still hadn't made any progress. The rep offered to send me to technical support but I had to get to another meeting and was out of time. Still frustrated and haven't been able to implement.a

Abby from The Arc of the Ozarks

Used for Text Blasts and Notifications

This is a great system for quickly sharing important information. Unfortunately, if someone hasn’t enrolled, the information is still not shared.

Pros

Super easy to sign up for, enroll with, and be a part of. Company used this agency wide for 1200+ employees.

Cons

Company used this for birthday wishes, which is great in theory. Not sure if it was a glitch on our end or the software, but after 22 wishes of birthday text blasting back to back, I unenrolled.

September 2016

John from Houston Central Church

September 2016

Suck harder than Octopus legs...

Outdated, horrible and corporate-like nonsense. Once you gave them your money, they disappear. Bugs, poor UI / UX design and not responsive to request.

Pros

They are very friendly before taking your money. Has API

Cons

The system is outdated, it's buggy, it's frustrating, support is pathetic most of the times.

Erwin from Young Nak Celebration Church

Used Trumpia to collect and display messages on a big projector screen.

Pros

The fact that we could display in real time the responses we were receiving via text to a projector.

Cons

The lack of support for better display options. We would've liked to customize the live responses with a better interface. We were limited to just black and white screen, very little customization allowed.