What are UpLead users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using UpLead software through verified user reviews

• icon"Overall, the best of the best for this type of tool."
  • icon"The customer support via email has been great - prompt and knowledgeable. And the integration with LinkedIn for Navigator clients is useful, too."
  • icon"I like how i can easily find competitors of companies that are are good fits for my product to target them."
  • icon"You never know if an email is just going to junk or getting ignored."
  • icon"All the websites are not featured and some email adresses blocked."
  • icon"It's not quite as full-featured or contact-rich as a ZoomInfo, but the barriers to entry are orders of magnitude lower."

Browse all UpLead Reviews

• Have you used UpLead and would like to share your experience with others?

Jonathan

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Incredible Tool

Ezekiel

May 2022

Our experience using Uplead for prospectring and lead genaration

High-quality, targeted and verified lead generation was a challenge for us but UpLead has made this a very easy task with even better quality results than we anticipated.

Pros

UpLead provides the best platform for quality lead generation and prospecting

Cons

Wish UpLead can make the possibility of switching plans more flexible than it currently is

Reasons for choosing UpLead

Cost, lead quality and generally better reviews

Reasons for switching to UpLead

Lead quality, generating targeted leads and access to the kind of leads we are looking for

Melody

It's User-friendly Lead Generation Software

As part of the sales team, I need quality leads such as business emails and phone numbers for cold calling, cold emailing every day, and Uplead never disappointed me. I have been using it for more than a year, which helps me achieve my monthly target. My overall experience is excellent. However, all other members of our sales team are using it.

Pros

Uplead is very straightforward to use. It allows you to create a filtered view of leads based on the industry, job title (including particular ones), company, region. It saves a lot of time of mine by providing the exact leads I'm looking for. The quality of the leads is pretty accurate, and it is about as high as I have found to be the case with much more expensive systems. So, I'm happy with the percentage of the accuracy. The email verification system is impressive. My whole team likes it.

Cons

Uplead could be more affordable for small businesses. However, it's relatively inexpensive compared to its competitor. Not much, normal glitches. Some fields do not erase when you clear your search.

Reasons for switching to UpLead

We used Zoominfo before Uplead for lead generation. The reason for switching from Zoominfo is simply the cost and lead quality. I want to recommend Uplead to those in the sales field looking for high-quality leads with a minimum budget.

Dave

Data is old

Frustrating. Seemed promising at first, but very disappointed with accuracy of the data.

Pros

It's easy to use. They were good about letting me use the software before I started my subscription. Email verification.

Cons

Data simply is not very good. I've used several database subscription tools and I decided to give this a try because of its capabilities for filtering lists. Unfortunately most of the data was so old I had to go through each listing just to see if the company was still in business. The email verification is nice but in a list of 100 contacts I'm getting maybe 20 valid contacts. I've had it for 2 months and have over 500 leads I can download, but I can't find enough good leads to get close to using them. Also just found out if I cancel they will cut me off without allowing me to finish out my subscription.

Reasons for switching to UpLead

I liked that Uplead offered the technology filters. Turns out they don't really work that well. I hope they can figure it out because it would be great.

Mohammad

June 2022

Excellent Lead generation tool

This product has helped us in many ways, to gain new leads and to easily target those leads based on some sets of criteria's.

Pros

This product has surely helped us in many ways to find new leads based on set criteria such as company size, job title/titles, department, location, etc. It has helped us to generate different personas and export data that we require for lead generation/demand generation campaigns. The support that is available on UpLead is one of the best as they have helped us throughout.

Cons

The UX/UI can be improved as still the platform is using outdated theme from my perspective.

Jeffrey

Industry: Textiles

Generate leads with ease

Great source for cold calling carious markets

Pros

Easy to use, and the results are excellent. Improved filters really help narrow in your search.

Cons

Not much, normal glitches. Some fields do not erase when you clear your search.

Reasons for switching to UpLead

cost and better filters. More industries to narrow in on.

Jim

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Great software and just as good, if not better than the higher priced competitors

Excellent, great customer service and have a great experience so far ; I have gained 7 new clients in the 6 months I have had it!

Pros

Ease of use with intuitive menus; price! As well, they do not lock you in for a long period of time; they do not lock you into a long contract, but offer month to month. This is great for me because I can stop at anytime once I've gained a few customers and need to concentrate on fulling orders, I don't have to pay for a tool I'm currently not using.

Cons

From my experience, 95% of the data is correct, but like with any other software, it can't keep up with a sudden firing or resignation, but it is usually updated no later than two days! Not a big issue and no other issues with the software

Reasons for switching to UpLead

Price mostly, the merger with Discover was a bad move

Arie

Industry: Market Research

March 2022

Seems amazing, but ends of being just ok

Ok. You get what you pay for. I paid $600 for 2,000 mobile leads in one month. And they needed to be cleaned (outdated/spamtrap emails removed). That means that really, I didn't get 2,000 leads, but 1,500.

Pros

easy interface, easy export, decent support for being a small company

Cons

This provider looked exciting because you get access to prospects' mobile phones. But then when I went to create personas (e.g. CEOs in software tech, directors in California with a business size of 100 or smaller, for example), there ended up being A LOT less leads than you'd expect. For example, I was able to extract 750 tech leads and 450 arts/museums leads with mobile phones available. Beyond this small number, niche leads with mobile don't really exist in Uplead. And they tend to come from larger co's. Another problem could be that that these mobile phone leads must be getting exponential spam because their mobiles are listed on the lead gen websites, including this one! Uplead has a $600 per month plan, which seems amazing, where you can download 2,000 leads. But due to the problems mentioned above, it's not so great. Add to this the fact that leads start to go bad after a couple weeks, so this site is not useful for many small businesses. Then finally, their sales guy is trying to tell me that they have an amazingly clean database, where the emails are vastly updated, and that I wouldn't need my own data cleaning system (e.g. zerobounce, is the best known). Not true. My own data cleaning system found problems with 25% of their best data. That is LAME, right?

Reasons for choosing UpLead

I don't need monthly lead generation, just one time every so often.

Tudor

Industry: Executive Office

Awesome Lead Generation Software

Finding leads (contact information - Email address and phone numbers) for M&A opportunities in the tech sector.

Pros

It is easy to use and relatively inexpensive. The quality of the leads is about 90% accurate and it is about as high as we have found to be the case with much more expensive systems .

Cons

Nothing - we were very satisfied and we have been a user for more than 6 months now.

Reasons for switching to UpLead

Cost simply. The quality seems about the same , and the functionalities that Zoominfo has were not very important to us.

Jonathan

Incredible Tool

UpLead is the best of the best for email and contact information verification. The user interface is amazing, the search tool is extremely powerful, and it allows very precise searches, and the ability to pinpoint exactly what I'm looking for every time. Overall, it's amazing, and it's my daily driver for my email campaigns, thank you UpLead!!

Pros

Extremely accurate email addresses with zero bounces, very easy to use, and super powerful search features that allow me to pinpoint exact criteria and people that I need for my campaigns. Overall, the best of the best for this type of tool.

Cons

Wish it was cheaper, but you get what you pay for, and this is by far the best, so it's worth the money.

Reasons for choosing UpLead

Less bounces, easier to use interface, better search tool.

Reasons for switching to UpLead

Better accuracy, more email search results that were relevant to my market.

Martin

Fab lead qualification solution that saves time, money and is great value!

Fantastic customer engagement and onboarding experience. Free usage and awareness training given. Plus the ability to scale up and down the number of credits you pay for on a monthly usage basis, makes it a clear winner against the competitors that want you to pay upfront for an annual subscription.

Pros

The product is web based, easy to use and intuitive. The easiest way to search for potential leads, use the domain name and put it into the company url search.

Cons

Very little. The database is not as comprehensive as some of its competitors, but this is balanced by the totally inexpensive costs of the solution. It gives you a good starting point in most cases.

Reasons for choosing UpLead

Cost / Price - so much cheaper, no annual subscription, monthly subscription with the ability to flex up & down on the number of credits. Credit carryover - ability to carry over credits not used to the next month Ease of use Fab onboarding team engagement with no harsh sales techniques

Tom

Simple to Use & a Large database to pull from

Overall i cant complain with Uplead and how easy it is to use the only one thing that annoyed me slightly was them taking payment on a new year of contacts completely out of the blue without any warning.

Pros

I use Uplead on a daily basis for both our internal marketing and pulling contacts for client campaigns, i have used uplead for just about 2 years and never encountered any real issues. it is so easy to use and has the most search filters out of any database i've used meaning that i can go to clients with specific criteria which maximises the return on investment for them.

Cons

Based off of my knowledge uplead relies heavily on linkedin to find its information which means that if someone doesn't have a linkedin account its near impossible to find them on uplead. another thing i've noticed is uplead isn't too keen on URLs that don't end in the standard .com format, things like .io or .ai uplead tends to not pull anything up.

Reasons for switching to UpLead

Uplead has a much easier to use interface and has access to much more contacts from around the globe

Cherish

My favorite of all lead software I've tried

Pros

I've tried several different lead-list platforms and UpLead was the best bang for my buck price wise and also provided the most accurate and valid emails. Our outbound close numbers have increased since using the software.

Cons

The filtering could be a little better but upgrades are made pretty frequently so it has gotten better since I originally started using the platform.

Reasons for choosing UpLead

Price was a huge factor along with a ton of really great reviews. It was also helpful they offered a small trial so I could get a feel for it and ask any questions in the beginning. I also really loved how easy it was to sign up for and I didn't have to commit to meetings or a difficult onboarding process. I could start reaching out to new leads almost immediately .

Reasons for switching to UpLead

The quality of leads wasn't great with the other software and I had tapped out almost all of the leads to reach out to. They weren't updating leads as fast as I needed and the price was too much for a platform I couldn't use because I had already reached out to all the leads that made sense for my company. UpLead is constantly updating their list and adding new people and companies so I know I won't ever be paying for something I can't use to it's full potential.

Great Alternative to Expensive Data Sites

We needed affordable contact data for our clients, who couldn't afford the more expensive options. Uplead gives us what we need quickly and easily.

Pros

Uplead provides solid contact information, excellent sorting and filtering and rapid time to value. It's a fraction of the cost of other services. If you want fast, easy and affordable list-building, you can't beat it.

Cost and ease of use.

Rajib Kumar

High Quality B2B leads

Uplead helps us to boost our sales exponentially within a very short time. It's a perfect lead database for B2B corporate leads. Depending on your business type, this lead database will be much cheaper than the other competitors in the market.

Pros

We loved the filtering system of Uplead, and it helped us to get targeted contacts very quickly. We have integrated Salesforce with Uplead and directly exported the leads. The customer support team of Uplead helped us a lot during the campaign.

Cons

Uplead should update the leads regularly and remove the bad leads. Uplead claims 97% lead accuracy. However, we got 5%-15% bad leads, which should be less than 5%. If should have to careful about filtering because one mistake results in tons of garbage data.

Kristen

Great for the price

Pros

This is a mid-tier price range product which is nearly as good as the top of the line way more expensive products. The interface was incredibly easy to use. I love that names are vetted before you buy, so that you don't waste credits on names that will bounce.

Cons

This was our company's first time trying a prospecting tool such as this, and after a month, we did not find the ROI justified having this type of service at all. I would still recommend UpLead as a great platform for companies who can find value in this type of prospecting tool, it just was not great for our industry (specialized distribution).

Price, monthly contract

Emily

Uplead is AMAZING!

Pros

This tool is very easy to use. You can either use it for looking up a specific prospect's contact information or build an entire list. I use it daily and recommend it to everyone! I tried using other tools then came right back to using Uplead! I've now used Uplead for 5+ years!

Cons

There is not one thing! It's a quality tool!

Matthew

So Far, So Good

This product has helped me generate new leads with companies and get direct contacts with relative ease. My productivity has significantly increased.

Pros

This product has the look and feel of much higher priced products on the market. It is inexpensive and month to month. It was easy to setup and use immediately.

Cons

I am still new to the product (had it less than a week). Not all emails are verified. So far, they are about 75% accurate while 25% bounce. The search and filter options could be a little more user friendly with better flow.

Pricing and no contract

Mallori

Great prospecting tool

Coming into this position I did not have enough corporate contacts and accounts. I essentially had to sweep the market and start from scratch. I have been able to get several contacts during a short period of time to help get things moving quickly.

Pros

Obviously I like all of the leads that I get from using the software! My favorite thing to do is to be able to drill down into the contacts within the company by title so I can save time to get to the best possible contact. My success rate of getting the accurate contact has skyrocketed.

Cons

I wish the phone numbers were better. They are typically for the corporate office, but if they can be more localized to that contact then I think it would be much better. You never know if an email is just going to junk or getting ignored.

Meghan

Industry: Machinery

The perfect solution for our needs

Uplead has been extremely helpful to pinpoint businesses in our region that we could potentially do business with. The search functions are easy to use, and the information it gives me downloads directly to our CRM. UpLead has saved us both time and money, and I would recommend this software to anyone trying to build or grow their business to business sales.

Pros

The software is exactly what we needed in order to research and locate leads for our growing business. I was brought on to expand our current client base and bring in new business, and locating companies that need our products is the most important step! UpLead send the information directly to our CRM, saving me time, and keeping us organized. This software has been a lifesaver!

Cons

Occasionally I find some of the information is incomplete, or the website link may be dead.

Reasons for choosing UpLead

Crunch base was confusing, and most of the information they provided wasn't relevant to our process. Zoom Info was way beyond our price point.

Hammad

Best B2B contacts database

Pros

We are in B2B business and finding leads in B2B business is a headache. Not only Uplead simplifies the process, it delivers usable leads information in no time. Not more scrolling social media feeds for hours to look for leads. They are just a click away. Uplead has proved to be a very useful software for our company. Best of all, the leads are genuine and you can target them right away!

Cons

The major downside will be pricing. The credits are bit expensive as compared to the competition. Otherwise, a great software.

Reasons for switching to UpLead

Leadgators is also a good software but it delivers the Emails that aren't exactly real ones. This caused high bounce rate in our mails.

Using UpLead

This software is easy to use and has lots of information on the companies you are looking to target.

Pros

The ease of Use and Quality of Data. Also the fact that it was GDPR compliant and allowed me to search for information for clients outside of the US as I plan to expand.

Cons

Nothing it works just as advertised. While looking at solutions to help me grow my business I noticed a lot of them did not meet the GDPR compliance requirement and UpLead did.

Aaron

Industry: Computer Hardware

Search with ease

I like how you can norrow down your search and hone into the specific company and roles. This makes life so simple. I was able to reach out to potential clients effectively in a matter of minutes.

Pros

Very easy to use and navigate.One or 2 clicks and you have a new contact.

Cons

Some companies could not be found and that was friustrating along with not being able to get emails addresses.

Barbra

Industry: Research

Easy to implement, reliable leads

We're using Uplead to target very specific job titles, and it's working great. When questions do come up, the Chat support has been available and prompt.

Pros

Uplead is easy to implement and fairly intuitive to use. We especially appreciate the real-time email verification feature. We've received no spam reports or bounces. The integration with Salesforce is seamless.

Cons

It's not easy to amend searches mid-way through, and saved searches are a bit mysterious. I find myself re-creating searches rather than using the saved versions because they seem to return inconsistent results.

Reasons for choosing UpLead

Great free trial experience (no credit card needed) and the ability to search by job title.

Reasons for switching to UpLead

Data.com is no longer supported by Salesforce.

Christine

Best find ever for ongoing campaigns to new contacts

Great, super easy, not a time-suck at all. Very important. The email quality is good and we're experience above industry average open rates and low bounces.

Pros

Uplead is super easy to use and the amount of information available for each contact is impressive. Their support is awesome, just an email away and very responsive. Emails addresses purchased that bounce; they give you credit for those. I especially like the ability to download portions of a larger list over time and automatically the system keeps track of which contacts you downloaded previously so you don't pay for a contact multiple times. The search function to build your list or find a particular individual is super powerful and has come in handy on more than one occasion.

Cons

The only negative I have is that I wish there were more online, contextual help. It's a nit as the platform is pretty intuitive. Maybe it's there or on YT and I haven't found it. Overall, I'm thrilled with UpLead and I have a lot of experience with more expensive options that left much to be desired.

UpLead