Yext Software Reviews

Yext Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"I liked most how user-friendly the software was, and how well it worked."
  • icon"About five years ago they had a fantastic sales person who provided tons of support and made sure things were quickly resolved."
  • icon"It is easy to add locations, citations are built VERY quickly, customization abilities for each location are really nice too."
  • icon"It can be a little intimidating at first but those more you delve into the many options, the more familiar it becomes."
  • icon"For the price, I just don't see the value, the vast majority of the search engines and directories they list are useless, especially for small businesses."
  • icon"Can't really say a whole lot of bad things about it. It is a tool that saves us time and money every day."

All Yext Reviews

George

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

A must have to keep your internet presence information consistent across all sites!

Giovanni

My Go-To Local Business Listing Software

Yext has made it easy for us to generate income from a very necessary action that small businesses and big businesses alike absolutely need done. We get results in just hours where some other listing software can take days to update listings.

Pros

We've seen the best results for our clients when using Yext to update/correct their business listing across the web. It's an easy to use interface that helps you keep on top of all listings and finds the issues for you. This has saved us countless hours of manual searches.

Cons

The cost makes it a bit difficult to sign up some clients that do not have a big budget.

Reasons for choosing Yext

They are a recognized leader in this space and their direct API connection to the top 100 listing sites made it the clear choice.

Reasons for switching to Yext

We found the listings get updated a lot faster in Yext which gives us an advantage to get our clients to that aha! moment a lot faster which in turn helps us look good to upsell and retain clients longer.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your review, Giovanni. We appreciate the kind words and are glad to hear that your clients are finding success with our services.

Replied July 2019

Ian

Effective and Easy to Use

Overall I like their service. Price is kind of high, but their service is worth it. Their support is really great and responsive too

Pros

Cons

Kind of expensive - and your citations revert back when you stop your subscription (but I get that part)

Reasons for choosing Yext

Yext is simpler to use - and that is important for us. They also have a scanner and other tools that give my clients confidence

Response from Yext

Thank you for your review, Ian. We're happy to hear that you're satisfied with our products and services and appreciate the feedback on our pricing structure. We are always looking for helpful feedback and will pass it along to our team. Thank you again for being a great customer.

Replied July 2019

Jamie

November 2022

Does a lot good but more for beginners

Their customer support is great. They have positives. Just not the best for someone like me. I used them because my client had them already and was nice to learn because a lot of people like them. I just feel like they could do more to be top tier in their niche.

Pros

I can see how this software is useful for people who are beginners in local SEO or business owners who want to streamline the process.

Cons

It isn't very in depth. Bright local is better in every way outside of maybe keyword research which i use neither for.

Reasons for switching to Yext

Client wanted me to use it for their business.

Gets the job done fast but cookie cutter

I would describe my overall experience with Yext as fair,

Pros

It builds citations fast and lots of them. It takes the guess work out of citation building if you are newer to SEO.

Cons

What I liked least about Yext was its cookie cutter set up and the limits that came with that. After a couple of weeks it got pretty frustrating.

Response from Yext

Thanks for the review! We are happy to hear Yext has helped save your business so much time. We would encourage you to check out Hitchhikers - it's a program for every member of the Yext community to become an expert and explore the more in-depth mechanics of Yext. In the meantime, you know you can always reach out to your Yext team whenever you need help!

Replied November 2021

Rich

Auto renewal and customer service

Poor customer service, especially during the Covid period.

Pros

Listing management was very good. Review monitoring also very good. However, their customer service is poor.

Cons

I had been a customer since 2018 with all my customers using the service. I was automatically renewed in late February. I reached out to my rep to discuss and he never responded. I just concluded a three month communication with Yext's ticket system and they will not cancel my auto renewal as they claim i had inform them 30 days before renewal. Had a rep contacted me i would have. These are touch times. All my agency's clients are closed. I had cancelled each individual client account with Yext. I offered to pay one month as a compromise but they will not accept. I just told them to terminate my account completely and will never work with them again. I assume i will see them in court. What a poor way to treat a customer. There are plenty of other services out there.

Response from Yext

Hi Rich, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We apologize for the experience you had with the team. We strive to give our clients advanced notice of their account renewal and are working on ways to improve the process. We'd love to get in touch to hear more about your experience. We'll reach out to you directly but you can always reach us at support@yext.com.

Replied May 2020

ALLAN

No SEO benefit

I purchased Yext for local SEO. After two years I determined that Yext did not help rankings in Google for any type of search.

Pros

Yext does update its network of web directories quickly. But, you don't want to use Yext to manage important directories like Google, Apple, Bing, Facebook, Foursquare, and Yelp because these popular websites should be managed directly. Yext can be used to update low-value web directories like YP, 123local, Citysearch, CitySpark, CitySquares, and dozens of other little-known and used directories.

Cons

Yext does not help SEO, specifically ranking in Google. I've tested Yext extensively over 2 separate trials with each trial lasting two years. On tests with lawyers and local home services businesses that I used Yext did not show any noticeable improvement in ranking in Google.

Reasons for switching to Yext

Brightlocal uses a manual method to update citations, which is great for SEO but takes months to implement. I wanted to see if Yext would offer faster results. Yext does update citations quickly, but there was not SEO benefit.

Response from Yext

Hi Allan, thank you for your business and for sharing your feedback. We'd appreciate an opportunity to connect with you directly and review your account. We want to ensure your account is optimized and you're getting the most out of Yext! Please reach out to us at https://help.yext.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We look forward to speaking with you.

Replied August 2021

Russ

588% Increase in Listings Reach

With Yext, we saw a 288% increase in Google Search queries, a 320% increase in Google Customer Actions, and a 588% increase in listings reach.

Pros

Before Yext, our listing distribution software took weeks to update directories. Now with Yext, I can make big changes within hours. Its duplicate suppression is powerful, its analytics tools are extremely useful, and their customer support is second to none.

Cons

There is troubleshooting with every product you use. There have been a few issues in our account with connections and categories, but the Yext team was quick to help us find a solution. It's

Reasons for choosing Yext

Power of the platform, affordability, and amazing customer service from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Response from Yext

Thanks for leaving your review, Russ and for sharing the results you've seen with our products.

A Powerful (Albeit Expensive) Option for Listings Management

Unified listings and review management has helped improve efficiency and ensure that all of our client data is correct, up-to-date and on the most important sites.

Pros

Customer service/support is best-in-class for this type of platform. The platform links up with some relatively important sites and services, and I really like how well the knowledge graph works to unify data across all of them. Duplicate suppression is top-notch, and everything is explained clearly for novices to power users.

Cons

Like any platform of this type, Yext's portfolio of linked sites does include some relatively low-quality options (i.e., some listing sites that aren't applicable to most industries).

Reasons for choosing Yext

Yext appears to offer better service and support, and the fact that the platform is locked into Google and Bing via APIs means that manually entered data in the platform always takes priority, which is essential.

Response from Yext

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad to hear you found our Listings and Reviews products helpful for your business.

Replied December 2019

Yext is the Busy Marketer's Solution to Updated Directory Listings

Yext has saved me time and added so much value to my business. It is incredibly easy for me to quickly update my store hours, add holiday information, or open/close a location. The customer service team is proactive in suggesting ways to make my listings work harder for me.

Pros

Let me be real-no one likes updating directory listings. It's a thankless, tedious job. BUT...Yext makes it a thousand times easier. The user interface is very user friendly, the customer support is amazing and the results speak for themselves. Directory Listings is never a marketer's highest priority but it's an important aspect of customer engagement, Yext has made it easy for me to do that with the tools provided in the software.

Cons

We recently added their review response package to our agreement, I wish there was a way to bulk approve suggestions made by Google.

Response from Yext

Thank you for the wonderful review! We've been the industry leader in Listings for quite a while, and it's great to hear that we're still on top of our game with feedback like this. If you have any more feedback, you can always reach out to your CSM or reach out to Support at support@yext.com if you need help in the platform. Thanks again!

Replied April 2021

Madeleine

Great for Agencies who Create and Manage Citations

Overall my experience with Yext has been excellent. It does everything it claims to do and customer service is always quick and helpful.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it makes updating client information across listings fast and easy. Before Yext, our agency used to spend a lot of time updating hours, uploading photos, etc..now it can be done in a fraction of the time. I also love that Yext allows us to quickly add schema to a website that auto-updates when business information changes.

Cons

I least like that the integrations with Google My Business and Facebook must be set up separately. This sometimes gets overlooked by my staff or if we have trouble gaining access from a client, it will never get done. It would also be nice if social posting could be pushed to more than just Google My Business..for example Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. That could allow us to replace other software with Yext. One thing that would be nice is if Yext salespeople were able to help us better monitize the software as an agency. I've done a few meetings and phonecalls to try to come up with better ways to use and sell the software to clients, but they always turn into the Yext sales person trying to get us to commit more money to Yext. I'd love to get some ideas on how other agency partners are using Yext for their clients and selling the software/service with their service packages.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your review, Madeleine. We appreciate the feedback and will share it with our team.

Hayley

TOP NOTCH

Our experience with Yext has been amazing. Our company had an existing subscription that I took over, so in any other instance I would have been out of luck with training. But our representative was able to walk me through where to find anything and everything I could ever need.

Pros

Customer Service with Yext is TOP NOTCH. Our rep is there to answer questions before I even have the chance to finish thinking of them. There are ample training modules to walk you through exactly what you need. Everything is highly customizable as well, so it's perfect for listing different types of businesses. The analytics are incredibly helpful to show what's working and what's not. I also love that I'm able to reply to any reviews as soon as they're given.

Cons

Because of all of the options and customization, it can be overwhelming. Everything is intricate, which is great, but there's no "let me create this real quick." Changes can be made quickly though.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your review, Hayley! We're so happy to hear about your positive experience with Yext and our services, and are glad to have you as a customer. We'll be sure to pass your kind words along to your rep!

Replied April 2019

Courtney

Knowledge Base simplifies listings

Yext solves the problem of having updated accurate information about our stores in front of guests no matter where they are looking on the internet.

Pros

Having a single "source of truth" knowledge base that is pushed to many sites and search engines along with hosted store pages with schema markup have increased search engine results and organic traffic. The API has allowed multiple integrations, making this a good hub for all our store data.

Cons

The social posting tools aren't completely robust--can't boost posts through the platform or have videos natively play. It also takes a long time for them to complete design change requests on pages--you have to design everything and then have them try to copy it.

Response from Yext

Thank you so much, Courtney! Between Listings, Pages, and leveraging the API, it really sounds like you're a Yextpert! Your feedback is important to us, so you can always reach out to your support team if you have questions or want to discuss the product. Thanks again for the review!

Replied September 2021

Cody

The Single Best Tool for Listings

Outstanding and I've recommended it to clients time and time again!

Pros

Set it and Forget it. With Yext, you input your listing and confirm via authenticating factors and in just days you see the direct impact. Organic results improve, SEO improves, Adwords quality improves...you name it! The second best part is ease of use. Once your listing is within YEXT, they work to address over 100 listing entities online, building search equity for your site within Google and other platforms to assure that your listing is in fact REAL, ACCURATE, and RELIABLE.

Cons

Would be nice if there was a master feature for advertisers to be able to list multiple entities under one account login and separate payment methods. This could also increase the number of subscriptions to YEXT!

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your review, Cody. We're happy to hear that you find our products easy to use and that you're seeing great results.

Replied April 2019

Amber

Easy to Consolidate Your Listings, A Bit Expensive To Do So

Overall, our marketing agency puts all of our local clients on YEXT. It's an easy way to consolidate all your business listings in one place and manage them accordingly!

Pros

As a marketing agency, we have a ton of clients that need a listings management service like YEXT. YEXT can help you consolidate all your listings in one place and when your business switches addresses, YEXT is a lifesaver. Their duplicate suppression is also key to doing this job well!

Cons

We do have a bulk package which makes YEXT a little cheaper, but if I were a business just getting YEXT on its own, there are cheaper options. You should also look at all the listings they can create - Not all of them are applicable to every business and every industry, but they do have a good selection overall.

Response from Yext

Hi Amber, we really appreciate your honest feedback and are glad to hear about your positive experience with Yext!

Replied December 2019

Lauren

Great tool for managing digital knowledge as part of local search optimization

We've helped our clients become more visible in local search results by ensuring information accuracy and consistency across the internet as a result of using Yext.

Pros

Super easy to use. Accounts on many external platforms can be easily integrated into Yext, which helps ensure information is always consistent and saves time.

Cons

The interface can feel clunky in certain areas, though not as much in others.

Response from Yext

We appreciate the feedback, Lauren. We're happy to hear that you're satisfied with our service and that it's helped your clients become much more visible in search.

Roger