What are Yext users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Yext software through verified user reviews

• icon"I liked most how user-friendly the software was, and how well it worked."
  • icon"About five years ago they had a fantastic sales person who provided tons of support and made sure things were quickly resolved."
  • icon"It is easy to add locations, citations are built VERY quickly, customization abilities for each location are really nice too."
  • icon"It can be a little intimidating at first but those more you delve into the many options, the more familiar it becomes."
  • icon"For the price, I just don't see the value, the vast majority of the search engines and directories they list are useless, especially for small businesses."
  • icon"Can't really say a whole lot of bad things about it. It is a tool that saves us time and money every day."

Browse all Yext Reviews

• Have you used Yext and would like to share your experience with others?

George

A must have to keep your internet presence information consistent across all sites!

Giovanni

My Go-To Local Business Listing Software

Yext has made it easy for us to generate income from a very necessary action that small businesses and big businesses alike absolutely need done. We get results in just hours where some other listing software can take days to update listings.

Pros

We've seen the best results for our clients when using Yext to update/correct their business listing across the web. It's an easy to use interface that helps you keep on top of all listings and finds the issues for you. This has saved us countless hours of manual searches.

Cons

The cost makes it a bit difficult to sign up some clients that do not have a big budget.

Reasons for choosing Yext

They are a recognized leader in this space and their direct API connection to the top 100 listing sites made it the clear choice.

Reasons for switching to Yext

We found the listings get updated a lot faster in Yext which gives us an advantage to get our clients to that aha! moment a lot faster which in turn helps us look good to upsell and retain clients longer.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your review, Giovanni. We appreciate the kind words and are glad to hear that your clients are finding success with our services.

Replied July 2019

Ian

Effective and Easy to Use

Overall I like their service. Price is kind of high, but their service is worth it. Their support is really great and responsive too

Pros

Cons

Kind of expensive - and your citations revert back when you stop your subscription (but I get that part)

Reasons for choosing Yext

Yext is simpler to use - and that is important for us. They also have a scanner and other tools that give my clients confidence

Response from Yext

Thank you for your review, Ian. We're happy to hear that you're satisfied with our products and services and appreciate the feedback on our pricing structure. We are always looking for helpful feedback and will pass it along to our team. Thank you again for being a great customer.

Replied July 2019

Don

Customer Service Is Horrible

Overall, for the money and the net result, YEXT is not worth investing in.

Pros

I don't really have any pros about this software.

Cons

I work with a company that has an Enterprise account with YEXT, and as we struggle to learn how the system operates we must lean on support for assistance. Unfortunately, YEXT's support is almost nonexistent. I use the term "almost" because the individuals who make up the support team do make an effort to assist. But, I believe that support has almost zero knowledge of how the system operates in the first place. When I ask specific questions about pushing information from one location to another I'm presented with articles and confusing terminology that gets me nowhere. You must schedule a 30 minute window for support calls, which usually leave me with more questions than I had in the first place.

Thought they could help.

Gets the job done fast but cookie cutter

I would describe my overall experience with Yext as fair,

Pros

It builds citations fast and lots of them. It takes the guess work out of citation building if you are newer to SEO.

Cons

What I liked least about Yext was its cookie cutter set up and the limits that came with that. After a couple of weeks it got pretty frustrating.

Response from Yext

Thanks for the review! We are happy to hear Yext has helped save your business so much time. We would encourage you to check out Hitchhikers - it's a program for every member of the Yext community to become an expert and explore the more in-depth mechanics of Yext. In the meantime, you know you can always reach out to your Yext team whenever you need help!

Replied November 2021

ALLAN

No SEO benefit

I purchased Yext for local SEO. After two years I determined that Yext did not help rankings in Google for any type of search.

Pros

Yext does update its network of web directories quickly. But, you don't want to use Yext to manage important directories like Google, Apple, Bing, Facebook, Foursquare, and Yelp because these popular websites should be managed directly. Yext can be used to update low-value web directories like YP, 123local, Citysearch, CitySpark, CitySquares, and dozens of other little-known and used directories.

Cons

Yext does not help SEO, specifically ranking in Google. I've tested Yext extensively over 2 separate trials with each trial lasting two years. On tests with lawyers and local home services businesses that I used Yext did not show any noticeable improvement in ranking in Google.

Reasons for switching to Yext

Brightlocal uses a manual method to update citations, which is great for SEO but takes months to implement. I wanted to see if Yext would offer faster results. Yext does update citations quickly, but there was not SEO benefit.

Response from Yext

Hi Allan, thank you for your business and for sharing your feedback. We'd appreciate an opportunity to connect with you directly and review your account. We want to ensure your account is optimized and you're getting the most out of Yext! Please reach out to us at https://help.yext.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We look forward to speaking with you.

Replied August 2021

Rich

Auto renewal and customer service

Poor customer service, especially during the Covid period.

Pros

Listing management was very good. Review monitoring also very good. However, their customer service is poor.

Cons

I had been a customer since 2018 with all my customers using the service. I was automatically renewed in late February. I reached out to my rep to discuss and he never responded. I just concluded a three month communication with Yext's ticket system and they will not cancel my auto renewal as they claim i had inform them 30 days before renewal. Had a rep contacted me i would have. These are touch times. All my agency's clients are closed. I had cancelled each individual client account with Yext. I offered to pay one month as a compromise but they will not accept. I just told them to terminate my account completely and will never work with them again. I assume i will see them in court. What a poor way to treat a customer. There are plenty of other services out there.

Response from Yext

Hi Rich, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We apologize for the experience you had with the team. We strive to give our clients advanced notice of their account renewal and are working on ways to improve the process. We'd love to get in touch to hear more about your experience. We'll reach out to you directly but you can always reach us at support@yext.com.

Replied May 2020

Russ

588% Increase in Listings Reach

With Yext, we saw a 288% increase in Google Search queries, a 320% increase in Google Customer Actions, and a 588% increase in listings reach.

Pros

Before Yext, our listing distribution software took weeks to update directories. Now with Yext, I can make big changes within hours. Its duplicate suppression is powerful, its analytics tools are extremely useful, and their customer support is second to none.

Cons

There is troubleshooting with every product you use. There have been a few issues in our account with connections and categories, but the Yext team was quick to help us find a solution. It's

Reasons for choosing Yext

Power of the platform, affordability, and amazing customer service from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Response from Yext

Thanks for leaving your review, Russ and for sharing the results you've seen with our products.

A Powerful (Albeit Expensive) Option for Listings Management

Unified listings and review management has helped improve efficiency and ensure that all of our client data is correct, up-to-date and on the most important sites.

Pros

Customer service/support is best-in-class for this type of platform. The platform links up with some relatively important sites and services, and I really like how well the knowledge graph works to unify data across all of them. Duplicate suppression is top-notch, and everything is explained clearly for novices to power users.

Cons

Like any platform of this type, Yext's portfolio of linked sites does include some relatively low-quality options (i.e., some listing sites that aren't applicable to most industries).

Reasons for choosing Yext

Yext appears to offer better service and support, and the fact that the platform is locked into Google and Bing via APIs means that manually entered data in the platform always takes priority, which is essential.

Response from Yext

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad to hear you found our Listings and Reviews products helpful for your business.

Replied December 2019

Madeleine

Great for Agencies who Create and Manage Citations

Overall my experience with Yext has been excellent. It does everything it claims to do and customer service is always quick and helpful.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it makes updating client information across listings fast and easy. Before Yext, our agency used to spend a lot of time updating hours, uploading photos, etc..now it can be done in a fraction of the time. I also love that Yext allows us to quickly add schema to a website that auto-updates when business information changes.

Cons

I least like that the integrations with Google My Business and Facebook must be set up separately. This sometimes gets overlooked by my staff or if we have trouble gaining access from a client, it will never get done. It would also be nice if social posting could be pushed to more than just Google My Business..for example Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. That could allow us to replace other software with Yext. One thing that would be nice is if Yext salespeople were able to help us better monitize the software as an agency. I've done a few meetings and phonecalls to try to come up with better ways to use and sell the software to clients, but they always turn into the Yext sales person trying to get us to commit more money to Yext. I'd love to get some ideas on how other agency partners are using Yext for their clients and selling the software/service with their service packages.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your review, Madeleine. We appreciate the feedback and will share it with our team.

Yext is the Busy Marketer's Solution to Updated Directory Listings

Yext has saved me time and added so much value to my business. It is incredibly easy for me to quickly update my store hours, add holiday information, or open/close a location. The customer service team is proactive in suggesting ways to make my listings work harder for me.

Pros

Let me be real-no one likes updating directory listings. It's a thankless, tedious job. BUT...Yext makes it a thousand times easier. The user interface is very user friendly, the customer support is amazing and the results speak for themselves. Directory Listings is never a marketer's highest priority but it's an important aspect of customer engagement, Yext has made it easy for me to do that with the tools provided in the software.

Cons

We recently added their review response package to our agreement, I wish there was a way to bulk approve suggestions made by Google.

Response from Yext

Thank you for the wonderful review! We've been the industry leader in Listings for quite a while, and it's great to hear that we're still on top of our game with feedback like this. If you have any more feedback, you can always reach out to your CSM or reach out to Support at support@yext.com if you need help in the platform. Thanks again!

Replied April 2021

Madison

Great, simple to use software with cool features

My overall experience was good, but like I said, the cost was was irked me.

Pros

I liked most how user-friendly the software was, and how well it worked.

Cons

The price. It is definitely pretty expensive when you compare it to other similar softwares on the market.

Reasons for switching to Yext

Wanted to try something new.

Response from Yext

Hi Madison, thanks so much for the review! We want to make sure you're getting the most out of our partnership. Our client support team and your account team are always available to help you. You can reach out to us at support@yext.com if you have any questions about our platform and how to optimize your account and services. We really appreciate your feedback.

Replied September 2020

Simple Tool for Local SEO

Pros

Yext makes local SEO easier by allowing agencies to manage multiple listings for businesses and individuals. Editing these listings across a wide range of networks and publishers can be done all within the platform and easily.

Cons

The platform can be difficult to learn when first setting up. The UI makes things difficult to find sometimes, as there are many features within the tool itself. Knowing what features are called and under which menu to find things can also be a bit difficult at first.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving a review! We're here for you and we're glad you can depend on us. Changes are coming faster than ever so we're happy that we keep your listings updated quickly and easily! Our support team is always here for assistance, so please reach out if you ever need any guidance. Additionally, we always recommend taking advantage of our HitchHikers program (totally free!) which can help you learn all of the ins and outs of Yext so you can become a true Yextpert!

Replied September 2021

Lauren

Great tool for managing digital knowledge as part of local search optimization

We've helped our clients become more visible in local search results by ensuring information accuracy and consistency across the internet as a result of using Yext.

Pros

Super easy to use. Accounts on many external platforms can be easily integrated into Yext, which helps ensure information is always consistent and saves time.

Cons

The interface can feel clunky in certain areas, though not as much in others.

Response from Yext

We appreciate the feedback, Lauren. We're happy to hear that you're satisfied with our service and that it's helped your clients become much more visible in search.

Amber

Easy to Consolidate Your Listings, A Bit Expensive To Do So

Overall, our marketing agency puts all of our local clients on YEXT. It's an easy way to consolidate all your business listings in one place and manage them accordingly!

Pros

As a marketing agency, we have a ton of clients that need a listings management service like YEXT. YEXT can help you consolidate all your listings in one place and when your business switches addresses, YEXT is a lifesaver. Their duplicate suppression is also key to doing this job well!

Cons

We do have a bulk package which makes YEXT a little cheaper, but if I were a business just getting YEXT on its own, there are cheaper options. You should also look at all the listings they can create - Not all of them are applicable to every business and every industry, but they do have a good selection overall.

Response from Yext

Hi Amber, we really appreciate your honest feedback and are glad to hear about your positive experience with Yext!

Replied December 2019

Roger

Industry: Restaurants

Great Starter Platform

I've used Yext for over a decade with both for-profit and nonprofit businesses. I think of it as the great teacher and a perfect first step for small businesses.

Pros

The thing I like most about Yext is the hands-on nature of the platform. Using Yext really helps you know and understand your own brand and business. I love the instantaneous nature of listings updates across a large number of publishers. Lastly, I am a huge fan of Yext's update scheduling feature. A key hassle-remover for me that Yext takes care of is listings update to Foursquare. As Foursquare for Business becomes harder and harder to use due to bugs and lack of UX updates (seemingly no updates for more than 5 years now), I've come to depend on the above-mentioned instantaneous nature of Yext listing updates on Foursquare. I often can't use Foursquare directly because of their bugs, so Yext fills a very specific vacuum there.

Cons

As far as listings go, the think I like least about Yext is that it's not intuitive enough to understand which publishers they work with don't support a particular industry. The platform is old enough to have that baked into it and automatically eliminate those publishers from the mix. Another thing that has always perplexed me about Yext is that it doesn't seem to actually do much in the ay of data analytics besides grab readily available information from Google. Aside from having Google data inside the Yext platform, that's not much of a feature. As far as reputation management is concerned, Yext doesn't play well with the way our company uses Yelp, and as a restaurant chain, that's not really helpful.

CHARLES

Daily user

Overall experience has been positive. Not very easy to see an overall effect of the citations and services.

Pros

The tracking of services for locations and the locations themselves are easily trackable. Eliminating and suppressing duplicate citations and incorrect publisher suggestions is absolutely easier than tracking any other way.

Cons

Support can take some time to provide answers. For the most part, this hasn't been a huge issue, but at times it was. This is not intuitive software and takes some time to get familiar with enough for basic use. Another big negative is that if we were ever to stop using Yext, the citations we purchased through Yext will be "unlocked" and basically lost. This seems like poor business in that you pay for an item so you expect to be able to keep that item unless you decide to sell the item.

Response from Yext

Charles, we appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you've had an overall positive experience with our products and services. We appreciate your feedback regarding our support team and will pass it along to them. In regards to your comment about stopping use of our service, when a client cancels, Yext no longer sends the business's information to the sites in the Knowledge Network. This information then becomes subject to the normal data compilation process of each publisher, which may result in the data and content changing over time.

Replied February 2019

Michal

Industry: Law Practice

Easy way for a small business to ensure business listing sites have consistent information

Ensure correct and consistent listings across all the myriad business listing sites at one time and on one site.

Pros

EASY!!!: I have used Yext for 3 years for our small law office to make sure we have good, consistent listings across all the proliferation of business listing sites. If you have a web presence for your business, you likely know how important it is to have your business name, address, and phone number appear the same on all these sites to ensure Google correctly recognizes the business. But if your business is more than a few years old, it likely has many variations on all the listing sites. Going to each individual site and claiming the business, correcting the info, and completing the listing would be a full-time job. Yext gives business owners an easy, one-stop spot to fix many listings at once. Features: Correct business info, tell what the business sells or does, add specials, add photos, manage social media, manage reviews, for many business listing sites, all in one place.

Cons

Social media management: I don't particularly like or use the social media management features. I find them too rudimentary for what we need. Yext is a bit pricey.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving a review! We are so glad to hear about your experience with Yext. We will pass on your feedback to our team.

Replied September 2017

Adam

Manages our client's listings and notifies us of reviews.

Yext manages our listings for all of our clients. It also monitors for any reviews and sends an email notification when our clients get one.

Pros

The system is very easy to use and automates a very labor intensive process. Yext is a significant portion of our local SEO and citation building/management strategy. The system is as easy as can be. You fill in the blanks, upload the pictures, connect the accounts, and hit submit. It is that easy. Yext will also monitor for duplicate listings. It would provide a side by side view of the listing it created and the potential duplicate. That way you can decide what to do with it. And if you want the listing suppressed, you ask Yext to do so.

Cons

Cost is the biggest factor. It is honestly perfectly priced. Because if it was any higher in cost, I wouldn't get it. But it is just cheap enough for us to keep it. I just don't feel like it is a 'great' value. There are a number of features we just don't use. Like the analytics. But that might just be because we are an agency and pay to have higher quality analytics than what comes with Yext. One big gripe is the integration with Google My Business. We were using Yext before they added that functionality. The problem was that Yext overrode the business categories and caused some local maps issues. Once we figured out that you can override that function, we got it taken care of. But it took us awhile to figure that out. So the con here is that you have to know about that override feature or you can screw up your listings.

Response from Yext

Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate your feedback and will convey it to our team!

Replied September 2017

Yext for your Directories.

Overall we have to use Yext because it seems like they have a monopoly on directory listing software. It has been an okay experience but not great.

Pros

This is a widely used and fairly easy to use software that allows us to manage listings for hundreds of clients. They also allow us to integrate their software with ours.

Cons

It can be very buggy at times. Sometimes things will connect and sometimes things will not connect.

Response from Yext

Thank you for your review! Managing listings for hundreds of businesses is a tall order. We want to ensure Yext continues to be the best and most powerful tool in this space. We'd love to connect with you to discuss your account and any opportunities to optimize your Knowledge Graph and ensure your clients' Listings are live. Please reach out to us at help.yext.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Thanks again for your review and for being a valued Yext Partner.

Replied August 2021

Hayley

TOP NOTCH

Our experience with Yext has been amazing. Our company had an existing subscription that I took over, so in any other instance I would have been out of luck with training. But our representative was able to walk me through where to find anything and everything I could ever need.

Pros

Customer Service with Yext is TOP NOTCH. Our rep is there to answer questions before I even have the chance to finish thinking of them. There are ample training modules to walk you through exactly what you need. Everything is highly customizable as well, so it's perfect for listing different types of businesses. The analytics are incredibly helpful to show what's working and what's not. I also love that I'm able to reply to any reviews as soon as they're given.

Cons

Because of all of the options and customization, it can be overwhelming. Everything is intricate, which is great, but there's no "let me create this real quick." Changes can be made quickly though.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your review, Hayley! We're so happy to hear about your positive experience with Yext and our services, and are glad to have you as a customer. We'll be sure to pass your kind words along to your rep!

Replied April 2019

Zev

Best Directory Management Software on The Market

Pros

Being able to manage 60 plus local directories from what one dashboard. I also liked the intelligent search feature as well as knowledge tags. They also create listings for Amazon Alexa, Waze, and Apple Maps.

Cons

Does a great job getting the lion's share of false or duplicate listings but occasionally will miss some listings if there are more than 3 errors in the listing. Updates to Yahoo! & Bing can take a lot longer to populate compared to the rest of the listings in the network

Reasons for switching to Yext

The dashboard was not user-friendly and listings would take weeks to create and had to manage a lot ourselves.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your review, Zev. We appreciate your feedback and love having you as a customer!

Replied September 2019

Jason

Great Value for the price

Pros

I have locations that are constantly updating their hours and I can update one platform instead of having to log into multiple platforms. The analytic data is robust and we use it for our monthly reporting.

Cons

Several glitches and bugs when new features are rolled out. If an API breaks or has issues, users are not alerted or have a place to check for issues.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your review, Jason. We're glad that you find great value in our products and services, and that you've saved time updating your data with our platform. We appreciate your feedback around new product roll outs and notifications and will pass that on to our team.

Courtney

Knowledge Base simplifies listings

Yext solves the problem of having updated accurate information about our stores in front of guests no matter where they are looking on the internet.

Pros

Having a single "source of truth" knowledge base that is pushed to many sites and search engines along with hosted store pages with schema markup have increased search engine results and organic traffic. The API has allowed multiple integrations, making this a good hub for all our store data.

Cons

The social posting tools aren't completely robust--can't boost posts through the platform or have videos natively play. It also takes a long time for them to complete design change requests on pages--you have to design everything and then have them try to copy it.

Response from Yext

Thank you so much, Courtney! Between Listings, Pages, and leveraging the API, it really sounds like you're a Yextpert! Your feedback is important to us, so you can always reach out to your support team if you have questions or want to discuss the product. Thanks again for the review!

Replied September 2021

Ted

I used Yext for over a year and it was a great tool for getting client store information published.

We published all client information to the web using Yext for over a year.

Pros

Great customer service, great and easy to use software that quickly and effectively gets client information published on the web.

Cons

Is not consistent and you are held hostage to paying the monthly fee. Once you stop paying all the work you have put into making sure all client information is published is gone.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate the feedback. In regards to a cancelled subscription, Yext does not hold your data hostage. Cancelling your Yext subscription does not overwrite the updates you have already made through Yext, and Yext will not force your listings to revert. When you cancel your subscription, Yext no longer sends your digital knowledge to the sites in the PowerListings® Network. Afterwards, your digital knowledge becomes subject to the normal data compilation process of each publisher, which may result in your data and content changing over time. Please email partnersupport@yext.com with additional questions.

Replied February 2018