• icon"I love how it keeps all my stats up to date for me, and al lthe diffrent ways i can see them. I Love the Bulk Email System, so smart for marketing."
  • icon"Ease of use, ability to run reports, functionality."
  • icon"Great support and training. Integrated seamlessly into our current Software program."
  • icon"Clunky and became outdated quickly. Members struggled with login protocols."
  • icon"Inability to scroll for billing codes. Dictionary malfunctions at times."
  • icon"Has some software issues that renders the statistics feature and the client survey features so inaccurate that they are practically useless."

Browse all RainMaker Reviews

• Have you used RainMaker and would like to share your experience with others?

Rainmaker Review

I have used Rainmaker for many years. It is reliable and functional.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to run reports, functionality

Cons

Inability to scroll for billing codes. Dictionary malfunctions at times.

Nicholas

Wasn't keeping up with industry advancement

When I first started running my martial arts studio rainmaker was a very good solution. It provided automations that helped me keep up with tasks associated with gaining and retaining members.

Pros

This product has a lot of features all under one dashboard.

Cons

They didn't seem to update their product nearly as fast as their competition.

Reasons for switching to RainMaker

Mindbody was not ideal for martial arts schools.

Millie

RainMaker has awesome customer serice.

It was great. I found it a little expensive, but maybe that's because I couldn't use it to it's fullest potential. The customer service was awesome. Whenever I had an issue they took care of it right away. If I called them and didn't get through they would return my call even if I didn't leave a message. They were always pleasant and willing to help in anyway possible.

Pros

Their customer service was excellent. When I started my business it was useful.

Cons

The merchant bank services started off well, then little by little they continually added extra fees and chargers. This was one of the reasons I left. Another reason why I am no longer with RainMaker is because I am not in the martial arts industry so it was challenging to conform this program to what I needed. Although it was useful and an excellent resource for the martial arts industry I eventually had to find something more in educational industry.

Reasons for choosing RainMaker

I was just told about RainMaker when I started my business and went with that.

Scott

Callous to Its Customers During Coronavirus Health Emergency

Like most gyms, my kickboxing studios were closed in March 2020 because of the Coronavirus health emergency. A crisis reveals a lot about people's character and the same is true for organizations. While my business is closed and collecting $0 revenue, Rainmaker told me I still need to pay the $197/month charge to maintain my account with them. Of course this response is more than enough incentive for me to switch to another CRM solution, but I want to issue a warning to all business owners who might be considering Rainmaker to run their business. Strongly advise you find a different solution.

Pros

The software is easy to setup and use. The online support is competent and answers questions quickly.

Cons

The reporting is crap. Each financial report gives conflicting answers so I need to export data to Excel and manage data that way.

Reasons for choosing RainMaker

At the time, Rainmaker SEEMED like a better solution. I was dead wrong.

Shayne

Very Smart Buiness Move to Aquire Rainmaker software for My Buiness!

Steam Lined My Buisness! That it is not FREE ;) .. like all buiness Rainmaker is not perfect.. but they work hard at fixing all mistakes fast, I like that!

Pros

I Love the Profit Generator.. I Love the Email and Text Message Flows.. I Love how a client can set their first appointment on line.. I love how it manages my Trial Programs .. I love how it keeps all my stats up to date for me, and al lthe diffrent ways i can see them... I Love the Bulk Email System, so smart for marketing!

Rainmaker to use it right? or waste?

Pretty good. I still use it for many years.

Pros

There are a lot of functions that you can use. I can say too many. it is all hidden

Cons

It is little complicated to use it. Hope there are many more of resources to use it easily

More things to use .

Annette

Great revenue optimizer!

Increased revenue.

Pros

Easy to use, seen increase in revenue in no time! Great support and training. Integrated seamlessly into our current Software program.

Cons

We have nothing negative to say about LRO. Great product! Service and support is great. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to stay within market trends.

Kristina

Overall it's been a really good experience. It allows me to analyze my business & member behavior.

Retention rates, financial reports, prospect manager.

Pros

I love the System of people starting as an inquiry then becoming a prospect and then becoming a member. I also like the home screen and how it gives me a financial outlook all in one screen.

Cons

I hate the calendar. It is extremely hard to use and I don't because of that. I wish it were more user friendly and allowed me to repeat the appointments instead of entering them individually

neven

the greatest system ever!!

Pros

it is easy to use and has many advantages like great support , training and increasing in revenue in no time actually i love it and love the system

Cons

Actually, I didn't find any downsides, but its design may be outdated

Jeremy

RainMaker - Good enough to get the job done

Overall it was positive until we decided to leave. I asked about getting payment information transferred from their system to the new system via encrypted methods and tokens and was told that it was they were not allowed to do that due to PCI rules. I asked for the specific rule and was never given an answer.

Pros

There wasn't anything in particular that stood out with RM. I have dealt with several types of similar software in the past. It did a nice job in allowing the user to put in the information needed for the students.

Cons

Just like the pros, there wasn't anything particular that stood out. If I had to pick out one thing, it would be the student profile pages are a bit hard to find information needed right away.

May 2016

Kicking myself for not doing it sooner!

Rainmaker is such an awesome program. It does so many different things and I am finally ORGANIZED in my follow-ups!! I just set it and forget it and it works like freaking magic. It allows us to do in-house billing, take attendance, send out our weekly communication emails (and track who is receiving them and engaging with us, too) and it allows us to run a great variety of reports to help us keep track of what's happening in our school each week. The dashboard gives us a quick birdseye view of what's going on in our school, and shows us how many people opted into our website (we use FCOM for our website, which is integrated with Rainmaker and the two work BEAUTIFULLY together)! The gang at Rainmaker has been SO helpful in helping us learn to use the program. I had my staff up and running on it in just 10 minutes, and they probably know more about it than I do now. Don't wait any longer, or YOU will be kicking yourself for not doing it sooner. Jump on board and watch it RAIN in YOUR school :)

Andrea

Industry: Graphic Design

Best design optimisation

Building up forms

Pros

I used other products but RM has been the best solution to integrate into my web site

Cons

I haven't seen any cons so far, so I can just recommended the ease of use and the design output which is great.

Reasons for switching to RainMaker

previous problem had bad design compatibility

Very complicated to get started with, overcomplicated steps to perform simple tasks, software issues

ability to take attendance and have member information in one place, although accessing it takes multiple steps because the database is not user friendly

Pros

The calendar feature is the best! Scheduling on the calendar and then being able to transfer those contacts directly to members if they enroll is very usefull, although it takes about a million steps because everything is overcomplicated in this program

Cons

Has some software issues that renders the statistics feature and the client survey features so inaccurate that they are practically useless. i have contacted the support crew about the issue on May 11th 2018 and have been messaging them every time the problem interferes with my work (which is practically every other day) and the issue is still not resolved. it is June 25th and i am still waiting for a solution, very unsatisfied. Many other features are over complicated making it annoying or difficult to do what you are trying to do. There is a steep learning curve because they made the whole program so complicated to use so it is not very user friendly. They try to make up for that by making tutorial videos that are upwards of 20 minutes long, but if they simplified their features while maintaining all of their functions the database would be soo much better. I dont know about most people, but i do not have to watch hours of tutorial videos to use complex designing/editing software i have never used before, so i do not understand why it is a pre requisite for this program.

BM

Rainmaker is a great system to use!

Pros

Rainmaker is fairly simple and easy to navigate. It is extremely user friendly even for the newest users!

Cons

Every once in while there will be an error and the system won't work properly. However, this is normal with any system so not much of a con.

May 2022

All in one

Pros

The email marketing integration was easy to use.

Cons

Clunky and became outdated quickly. Members struggled with login protocols.

William

NO OTHER OPTION Than Rainmaker

I've used them ALL. Full Service, bare bones, cloud based, cd-rom (yeah) based. If you run a martial arts school, you are WASTING time using anything other than Rainmaker, period. I've run multiple schools, hundreds of students and pushed hundreds of thousands of dollars through rainmaker over the last few years and it's hands down the best. Take it from another martial artist. STOP listening to other companies say why their software is "great". It's NOT tailor made for you, and Rainmaker is. Look, I know I sound crazy. It almost sounds like a fake review. But the freaking pain and suffering I endured for a decade of operating schools before Rainmaker came along was the worst, and I know you feel the same thing. It CAN be easier, it SHOULD be easier, and Rainmaker makes it easier.

Lorenzo

May 2016

Love rain maker great system.

It's very efficient with texting then most other systems I've used. And profit generators are a must. I also love how you can link text and other pos to the system. Champions way though has a prettier system with cooler graphics, that I wish rainmaker had. Also I wish that the attendance did a class by class attendance like champions way did so you can see what classes your students are attending. I hope they start that soon. Champions way also has 24 hour staff, which I really miss. Because it's hard sometimes to learn the system at a convient times like weekends when your not teaching classes. The system overall is still very efficient and is still functional wise way better. And I love how it meshes well with any website.

Associate User

Pros

Entering time is reasonably simple and the functionality is good.

Cons

The layout is old-looking and not intuitive

Emmanuel