• Pros

• "I love this system as it is easy to use and train new staff."

• "Easy to use. The customer support is very helpful. "

• "The software is very easy to use. I started using it when I first started the company I am with part time and it was very easy to catch on and learn to manever it. "

• Cons

• "Some aspects are cumbersome and could be better done but overall gets the job done. Works best with Internet Explorer- not our preferred browser. Not as user friendly as our EHR."

• "It is a bit too complex for my needs as a psychotherapy sole practice. It would be great if I could get a version that is more tailored to my simple needs."

• "Advanced MD is easy to use but missing a lot of handy features. Our office used it for dental sleep medicine and it worked but definitely wish there were more features. "

Browse AdvancedMD Reviews

Jeanette from Focus Total Health

Excellent software for insurance billing

Pros

A simple to use software for billing insurance claims. We use Practice Fusion and this is one of the few billing softwares that will "talk" to our EMR. The system is simple to set up and the company can have you up and running (using their clearinghouse) within about 4 weeks. Customer support is good. They respond quickly. Functionality saves time with ERA's and automatic posting. We have a single provider and this works great.

Cons

Can be difficult/time consuming to add another provider. You need to plan well ahead if you are going to do this.

David from Northwest Neurological, PLLC

My review

Very good

Pros

That it can be customized -- to a point -- to my practice.

Cons

Many things can not be added or changed unless done through the company -- and if it is not on their list of changes it may never happen. It is also not as intuitive to use as one would hope.

Cost.

Yaima from JE Billing Inc

AdvancedMD EHR PM review

Excellent experience with Advanced MD. They take suggestions and ideas and implement some of them.

Pros

AdvancedMD is a system that you can trust to do your billing. We can bill, track claims, verify insurance coverage and post payments easily.

Cons

I feel that medications on the EHR side needs to improve and more billing reports.

Reasons for Choosing AdvancedMD

Pm side with ECW was not accurate and couldn't control Aging Report. Reports where not matching numbers and contacted support without resolution (I had one provider testing the software) Support for ECW is located in India and Advanced MD is US based. Support with ECW was not easy and very time consuming. Very hard to get anything resolved.

Harlan from Acacia Psychological Corporation

Industry: Mental Health Care

Not ready for mental health

If you're looking for a powerful billing platform this may be a good system for you to consider. However, if you're looking for a full PM/EHR system to manage a mental health practice this system is not ready and costs too much for what you get.

Pros

- Great billing platform with many ways to keep track of claims and payments - We're able to manage 3 locations with a single system - The system overall has a lot of great capability and most of the functionality we were looking for in a PM/EHR system. However, as noted below there are issues with how some of these capabilities work. - Templates can be customized

Cons

- The EHR is not user friendly and leads to many new users creating notes that are not connected to a session as well as multiple redundant notes for a session. - There is no easy way to track missing notes other than going session by session for each chart - The standard reports are generally not very helpful as they provide few ways to customize and filter. The filters that are present are often not logical ways to filter data. What's more frustrating is that there are actually more useful reports that are in the system but they cost additional money to be added to a user's key. For example, a common filter type is to filter a range of providers alphabetically. AdvancedInsight does provide an enhanced reporting capability (for an extra cost) that relies on Internet Explorer and MS Silverlight all of which are old technologies. It is also somewhat difficult and time consuming to learn and still does not provide the ability to customize reports in the standard report capability. For that you have to pay AMD to make the changes or to add the report that already exists to your key. - Printing chart notes requires a time consuming process of creating a Microsoft Word Merge template for each note template and then printing each note one by one. The Word Merge templates are complex to create and manage. - Our sales rep guaranteed us a 95% first pass acceptance rate. After 7 months we are at 89%. There are several reasons for this and the company has provided us a credit but don't be fooled by the promises of their sales team. - Adding new providers can take up to a month. Again we have been promised a 24 hour turn around time and yet sometimes have to wait weeks to get new providers added to our system. Note: we have the ability to add Users but only AMD can add providers.

Roger from Excellent Caring Medical Clinic

Excellent product with poor follow through from sales office

There are many reasons to recommend this software. We believe the EHR is very well designed. But again our major frustration at this point is that the sales office refuses to call us back and set up for the 10 hours of training we’re asking for regarding doing our medical notes. I just believe that this may be one person who is highly dysfunctional but it doesn’t make any difference what causes it if you can’t get the support.

Pros

The software is extremely well designed and works very well. There is functionality in it that is well supported by the ad hoc customer service team. The EHR is the cornerstone of our operations.

Cons

There is certain functionality that we do not understand and sales which committed to give us some hours of training has refused to contact us. We spent too much time doing medical notes partially because there is functionality that we think we could use better with some support.

Andrew from Rehab Solutions

Its Complicated

When it works well I am pretty pleased with the software, but I feel I have had to spend way too many hours trying to get things worked on and fixed, on the phone, on conference calls, and emailing or personal time troubleshooting problems. My job is being a PT and not chasing down software companies to get their job done right. I believe they should provide a customer support person designated to our practice that knows our workflow and has a direct line to work with.

Pros

The software is customizable to providers which is nice, we have tools that help track productivity and we are able to keep a constant stream of revenue with our billing.

Cons

We have a hard time with troubleshooting software problems due to the complexity of the software and the customer support has not been pleasant to work with, often times waiting for over an hour on the phone to get some simple questions answered, emails that go weeks with no response, and problems that go months without being fixed. Also, it would be nice if there were some more automated features such as visit number tracking on patients chart and on patients notes for Physical Therapy, alerts or prompts for progress notes.

Reasons for Choosing AdvancedMD

I did not choose this when acquiring the practice.

Tiffanie Boeve from Medical Billing Solutions Company Inc

Once your actually trained the product is great

Pros

It has a lot of really amazing features that really cut down on manual work.

Cons

Training. We hardly received any training and due to that have really struggled with using the software and wasted a lot of time. Once you know how to use it, it really is great but the training needs major improvement.

Price and functionality

Matthew from RPT inc.

Not the best for PT

We recently tried switching from WEBPT to AMD but we lost more money than we gained from the switch so we will be switching back to WEBPT. The problems were being solved but more problems were surfacing and we do not have time for solving more problems and not seeing patients along with not being medicare compliant.

Pros

Importing information for medical history was easy as patient did that at home and automatically went into our evaluation.

Cons

Not universal for all PT conditions and was not able to be medicare compliant due to inability to fax documents.

Rock from R&R Medical Billing Service

Medical Billing

So many bells and whistles it can be overwhelming. It is not user friendly for Billing Companies.

Pros

Not much but it does have a lots of bells and whistles

Cons

As a Medical Billing Company it's not very user friendly. Since our clients do not use the scheduler it makes it more labor intensive for data entry. Too many clicks of a mouse to get the information entered.

Reasons for Choosing AdvancedMD

Currently all but two of my clients use NueMd (Which AdvancedMd bought) I was unable to start a new account in Nuemd so I thought that the transition from NueMd to AdvancedMd would be a good idea. Currently it is not going to happen. NueMd is much more user friendly for Billing Companies.

Brittany from mind and body solutions

Awful experience

Pros

I like Nuemd and I thought this would be an easy transition; however the service is NOT the same and much worse.

Cons

Transfering to Advamced MD was the worst decision I made. I had countless issues with the billing department and patient statements are ALWAYS wrong. I had to do double the work just to correct the mistakes Advanced MD created. Patients would call upset because they were getting statements in the mail stating they had balances, when in fact AdVanced MD was not posted EOB's correctly. Now I am stuck with paying thousands of dollars every month with a company that causes me more issues, which requires more time.

Cindy from Hurst Medical

Poor training from day one!

About to lose my business - nobody would listen except Customer Care. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and her team were the only ones who would listen and help. Customer Care is amazing. Sad that I was promised so many things and didn't get what was promised.

Pros

When I was "sold" on this software, I was promised 11 hours of training. I was so excited about the features that it offered. I was on the phone for over 2 hours with the tutorial. The salesman was excellent in selling this software and I was so hopeful that it would be beneficial to me and my practice. I was promised that it would be up and running withing 4-6 weeks. It was told that billing would begin ASAP and that revenue would be flowing into the practice. I have over 100 superbills saved up for the launch date. I was excited that the first 2 months would be free of charge and that the next 2 billing cycles would be at a reduced rate.

Cons

After the sale was complete - I was given a training specialist who spent at the most - 1.5 hours with training. It took a few weeks to even get him to call and help set up AdvancedMD. After he set us up, it was another couple of weeks before we heard back from him. From the time I signed the contract - it was 6 weeks before we went live, then the 11 hours of training never happened. My first 2 "free months" came and went and there wasn't a single claim being worked. The trainer from that point on literally WASTED my time and money as she would call to "introduce" herself on a 3-4 minute phone call. It was another 2 weeks before she called again. What a waste of money for my staff to plan on 1 hour training and only receive 4 min. Her trainings were inadequate, she didn't know the system, and I didn't have proper training to even know what questions to ask her. My extreme disappointment in the set-up and training has been a HUGE factor for my business. I am in crisis mode with this billing company and nobody seems to care. If it weren't for customer care, I would be in such a mess that I wouldn't have a single dollar. The first billing cycle was on month #3. I owed $500 and hadn't even collected $200 at that time. The next month rolled around and I still hadn't collected more than $400, yet I owed another $500. Accounting billed me $1500 and automatically took it out of my account. I don't know what is going on with AdvancedMD, but I am desperate for help

Reasons for Choosing AdvancedMD

Because the sales pitch was awesome and I felt I would be getting the BEST quality service available. Sadly - not the case.

Natalie from Sierra Regional Spine

Advanced MD Review

We had a rough transition with Advanced MD but overall it has gotten a lot better and we don't have hardly any issues with the system.

Pros

There are multiple options to do things, which makes it user specific. I also love that the product development team is always working on ways to improve the system and is great when it comes to listening to the every-day users.

Cons

The help file can be difficult to use. On the PM side, you can hit F1 and it will pull up the help file for the screen you're in but that doesn't work for EHR and finding the correct help file can be difficult. I haven't had a lot of luck with tier 1 customer support. I find it to be very frustrating to call and have a lot of times found the answer myself while waiting on hold. We feel very "nickle and dimed" by the company.

Unknown.

Julia from Cook Foot & Ankle Specialists

PM is great, EHR is just okay

Overall, I am very happy with the PM and "2-3 out of 5" happy with the EHR. Once you become familiar with the difficult quirks, it just becomes second nature. However, what is "second nature" for me now would be appalling to someone who is familiar with a most customizable, more user-friendly EHR.

Pros

The scheduling part of Advanced MD is so intuitive. To move an appointment, just click, select "move", and click on the date and time you want instead. I like how you can customize the time intervals, color code appointment types, and assign each a default length of time. Adding a patient is easy. Making billing notes, sending messages/tasks, entering patient info, are all quick and simple. There are nice features in the EHR, such as being able to pull in medication history from a national database, look up pharmacies, customize acronyms and use pull-down menus to drop in often-used phrases.

Cons

Actually customizing the templates is quite difficult if you have not been formally trained by Advanced MD specialists, which costs extra. Trying to figure it out yourself online via training videos is next to impossible because it is not customized to your situation. Also, finding training videos to answer specific questions is also near impossible. In order to print a note out, you have to select a "WordMerge" option from a menu, then click several times until a word document opens up, which you can THEN print. Far too many clicks just to print out a note, in my opinion. I have not found a simple way to print out all of a patient's notes, so I end up repeating this process many times when an entire medical record is requested -- VERY time consuming. Advanced MD offers all sorts of conferences and trainings, but they all cost outrageous amounts of money, and most are in a location where you would have to travel to get there. I wish training was more accessible and not so costly. I wish creating templates were more intuitive and more easily done by a regular run-of-the-mill user.

Dana from Therapediatrics, LLC office key 134786

great accounting & EHR program- easy to use, very detailed & avail 24/7-better w/ ea update.

more than I expected. The accountability for finance is complete. The EHR area is wonderful. Having the program available anywhere is fantastic. PC and Mac perfect!!!!

Pros

I am a manager and therefore have full access. There are many features I rave about. The work flow ease from front desk personnel to billers to providers is amazingly user friendly. I do like that there are access limits to set for each job title within the company. The accountability of each service date is complete financially as well as historically. The scheduling module can be as complete as you design it. The fact that we are able to customize certain areas is absolutely wonderful. The EHR portion is very complete. I like that AMD allows additional information to be added at anytime to a patients record not effecting the scheduling. I also like that we are able to access this program on our Ipads for quick usage. I am glad we are able to export reports to excel to manipulate information as necessary. I rave about your program all the time! I have worked with three other programs and am the primary person that hand picked your company's program for Therapediatrics.

Cons

There are always quirks in any system. REPORT ACCESS* and referral/authorization areas could use improvement. I do find that important reports for business purposes such as for finance, current active clients, marketing, HIPAA, rx renewals, referral counts, etc are not accessible unless your purchase an additional module with AMD. There is not a report that pulls all current active patients. There is a report that pulls discharged or deceased, and there should be a report that pull all active only. The referral area does not count referrals/authorizations the way the insurance companies count them, which is critical for our industry. Every single client comes to us by a script and could be accompanied by a referral or authorization. I would like to see this area reviewed to its usefulness for our industry.

Anna from Resource Partners, LLC

Mostly Good

AdvancedMD has done a superb job with their support team, I really can't say enough about their level of professionalism, expertise and willingness to go above and beyond to help with almost any situation. I've used other practice management products and AdvancedMD is by far the most user friendly.

Pros

I really don't know where to begin with the Pros of AdvancedMD. I might have to say the Video Training Library is one of my favorite parts of AdvancedMD. It is a guide or a visual aid to assist any user in the practice by displaying and explaining how things work. After any formal training a user may have questions or uncertainties with regard to posting payments, processing claims, adding demographics, etc. With pretty much one click of the mouse or F1 you have access to training. The ease of use is another Pro to AdvancedMD, you don't have to be afraid to experiment or test different aspects of the Practice Management piece. I like how the product has evolved over the past 5 years and their social media piece "NEST" shows their willingness to relate to a younger generation of users while making it user friendly for us old folks too.

Cons

I would have to say the reporting piece is lacking from an accounting point of view, and the idea that Advanced Insight is available at a per provider fee is definitely not the answer I want to hear. The financial health of a practice can only be measured in numbers, increase the subscription to AdvancedMD and throw in Advanced Insight, it's a win win!

Riaz from Valley kidz clinic

Do not rrecommend

Pros

Templates are good. there is not much good to talk about. Any thing good is neutralized by amount of problems.

Cons

I am a physician that keep loosing my nosed when my medical assistant or front office go in to chart at same time save the chart before me. It also happens when some scans a documents and faxes a prescription on my behalf. I have the RCM contract. EHR is Ok to use.. But they have multiple unscheduled maintenance during night time. Scheduled maintenance is only for 15 minutes and is very occasional. Unscheduled maintenance is very common and last hours. When you call them they make lot of excuses. Billers are inexperienced. Lack knowledge of local insurance and Medicaid requirement. I have complained to them multiple times that they cannot bill medicaid clients for unpaid balances but still they keep mailing them statements. It is more than a year and they continue to bill my Medicaid patients. Very bad on follow up after filing claims. My claims have gone past 95 days filing deadline without any update from advanced. You have to open a case with concerns that there is no claim on file with insurance and it already past filing dead line. Then they will file the claim and claim gets denied. Then we open case again to request them to appeals. They file the appeal and appeal gets denied and you lost your money. They also do not apply payment correctly and you request them to fix the errors , they will not respond. AdvancedMd does not take responsibility for claims being denied for going past deadlines. If you complain they do not respond to your emails.

Becky from Sweet Pea's Therapy

I have been very happy with this product and support services for this product!

Ease of claim billing, scheduler, and faster payment and more consistent payment and entering of payment

Pros

Billing and ERA's Very easy! I love the tech support. The fact that someone is there, speaks English and understands the problem and is able to resolve the problem by talking it through with you. I never feel rushed or feel like the problem wasn't important. Training and support at the beginning was amazing. I really enjoyed my support at the beginning of this transition. This product allows the office to flow more easily. We continue to learn daily new items the product offers. It has made out claims processing more efficient . I get quicker and more steady payment. I like being able to see what each user has doen throughout the day/entering billing, new patients/AR, etc.

Cons

I wish the ERA screen would be larger so much to read and it is on a small screen. I wish there was a way to stop switching the responsibility from the insurance to the patient (bucket) when a claim is denied. I am still having trouble pulling accurate AR reports due to the money being switched to Patient. Also if the dates could be in sequence on the invoices that would really help. I do have to bring up that I am most disappointed with the contract and price. I have spoken several times with by sales rep. & client support about this and still to this date the problem and contract rate that we set together is not being honored. It is disappointing for a small business like myself because what I have budgeted for the year for the software I have already paid out + in less than half a year. Also I keep getting billed for paper claims and no one here is sending paper claims, I have asked them to stop and show me how to stop this as I do not wasn't any sent by paper and def. do not want to pay for them either. The company and program are definitely better than I expected over 5 stars but the invoicing is what is concerning and may be the ultimate deal breaker of whether I continue with Advanced MD in the future.

March 2016

Jill from Ronald C Bezahler, MD

March 2016

I am the coding/billing person for the office.

Pros

It is fairly easy to use, once you get familiar with the product.

Cons

I absolutely HATE the way charges with payments are processed. In this practice, there are many times when a patient is required to pay a co-pay AND a refraction fee. This system does not allow you to post more than one payment in the charge screen, which then requires me to go either to the patient's screen, or the "Patient checkout" screen. It would be much more time efficient if we were able to post charges and payments in the SAME screen, and by the charge, not by the "co pay" instead of going to the patient check out screen, or the patient's information screen. This is too time consuming, therefore, not cost effective. Another thing that I do not like pertains to the E-remittance and quick pay screens when posting insurance payments. It would be much more helpful if when posting a payment on a charge where the patient has also paid, and the insurance payment is more than the insurance balance, that DIFFERENCE is put in unapplied, NOT the entire payment. AGAIN this is time consuming, because I have to stop what I am doing, go to the patient screen, unapply the patient payment, go back to the insurance payment screen, and apply the insurance payment. And if the copay is required, and the insurance company applies the copay to a charge in the visit, but not the office visit, I then have to go back and re-apply the payment to the charge the INSURANCE company put the co pay. I can show you examples of this, if necessary. It happens primarily with Aetna claims.

Amy from Keystone Medical Management, Inc.

Great Service, Feature Rich, Excellent Results

We have been customers for over 12 years and I have never found a product that offers as many features, better customer service, and overall return on investment. It has allowed our business to scale efficiently from day one, and provided us with a vehicle for cutting edge features, at a price that made sense for our business every step of the way.

Pros

The cloud based platform allows for very flexible use and collaboration between users and locations. There are many features offered and added each year, keeping up with the latest advances, efficiencies and automations. The workflows are well thought out, both from a clinical perspective, as well as the administrative and accounting workflows. Level of customization for reporting is unparalleled outside of building your own report servers. Customer service has remained consistently outstanding for over 12 years, with an emphasis and focus on the user experience. I've never seen help files that are as robust and updated as consistently, and the phone support is consistently awesome. Friendly people, user friendly product, great value for the price.

Cons

There are still specific areas that do not allow full customization.

Reasons for Choosing AdvancedMD

Better workflows, better customer service, better pricing structure.

Brian from Advanced Physical Medicine

Overall good billing software program

I am extremely disappointed in Advanced MD customer service. I have been using the product for about 8 years. They market the product as costing less than provider which is not accurate. I have 3 providers in my office and I have to pay /month. They admit to their mistakes in the software codes, but refuse to work with their clients when Advanced MD's mistakes cause significant harm to a practice.

Pros

It will find errors on claims prior to submitting them to insurance carriers. It allows for macro billing which saves data entry time

Cons

There are too many "add on modules" that you must purchase in order to get the functionality out of the program. There customer support is below average. We purchased an add on module that wasn't functioning properly. We noticed this 1 week after purchasing the module and made Advanced MD aware of the errors. It took them about 5 weeks to shut the program down and it caused financial harm to my practice and also upset many patients. The software was texting/emailing patients up to 16 times in one day. It was a significant error in the software code and Advanced MD refused to act quickly to shut down the module. In addition, Advanced MD continued to charge me monthly for the module even though it wasn't working correctly. They refuse to provide a solution.

Susan from Susan's Private Occupational Therapy

Occupational Therapists DO NOT USE

AFTER I signed a one year contract, my Implementation Trainer revealed she was a specialist in mental health. There was NO specialist in THERAPY. There were NO Occupational Therapy templates I could modify. I was told I could PAY MORE for someone else in another department to create all the templates I was promised and shown. The sales manager talked with me after several weeks and AGREED they could not and did not meet my needs. However, there has been ZERO communication after that. No return calls, no return emails. I continue to be charged monthly for a very expensive service I can not access. The unprofessional operation of such a large company is surprising and unethical. It is a breach if contract-yet I have not been released. The negative impact on my start-up company had been DEVASTATING, yet I can not get a response. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ADVANCED MD unless you are well established and not Occupational Therapy. I don't trust anything they say, as there is no follow up or consistently.

Pros

Has everything for most medical practices. Integrated billing.

Cons

The software is great for software technicians and highly skilled medical office staff. However, it is NOT good for therapists. I was promised software that would have OT templates I could modify to meet my needs. I was shown examples of this. I was given a sob story of how they would hold my hand through the whole process. Unfortunately, the really was extremely different! There was no software to meet my needs. The creation of forms requires a degree in coding.

Reasons for Choosing AdvancedMD

I was promised the world, then abandoned.

Michael from KareFirst

Great Solution for Practice Management and Billing

Our practice (25+ providers) have been using AdvancedMD billing software for the past 9 months and have been very happy thus far. We switched from Kareo as we needed a more customizable product that could better handle the large number of insurance carriers we interact with. We found Kareo to be extremely limited when billing for patients with multiple insurance policies. While more expensive than other billing software on the market, we have definitely noticed faster payments and cleaner claims going out the door. We are a very analytical company and this is the only billing software we've found that has decent reporting capabilities. Our company only uses the AdvMD's Practice Management software so I cannot speak to their EHR offerings.

Pros

- Software has many built-in claim scrubbers, meaning more errors are caught before submission. Cleaner claims = faster payment. - Their clearinghouse (McKesson) is one of the largest in the country, which results in faster claim processing as well. - Reporting features, if you pay for them, are better than any other billing software we've experienced - Highly customizable and worthwhile if you put in the effort to tailor it to your practice

Cons

- Setting up the system is a bit cumbersome. More features mean more time for our billing team to adjust to. - Their A/R module is confusing to use and has its fair share of problems - Because their system has so many customizable features, their support team is often unfamiliar with all aspects of the software.

Beth from Jackson Psychiatry Group

Pros and Cons for smaller clinics

Customer service was great! The system is certainly capable of handling larger institutions with many different offerings. The server issue was significant as it hurts business when you are in an appointment and cannot load the previous appointment.

Pros

Customer service is top notch! They answer, the respond, they are kind and easy to understand. Prescribing Rx was simple. Reporting was easy on the eyes and purposeful. They were easy to read and functional for gathering a picture of the clinic.

Cons

Too bulky...if you are a small clinic, there are so many pieces of AdvancedMD that you never use and yet they cover your dashboard. On the flip side of reporting, while they are attractive and easy to read, you have to pay for certain reporting features that are useful for daily functioning (or yearly review) in addition to what you pay monthly COST! Because you can't necessarily remove the added features, it costs way more than a small clinic can justify paying. Lastly, the overload on their servers caused a great deal of delay in uploading pages and moving between PM and EHR

Reasons for Choosing AdvancedMD

At the time, it was the best overall option and then (7 years ago) the price was right.

Bryan from Moxie Healthcare Solutions LTD

I am very impressed with AdvancedMD. They have thought of almost everything!

Efficiency and a more intelligent workflow.

Pros

The workflow makes a lot of sense. As a mid-sized billing service, I love the CBO Option. This allows us to work across all of our clients' databases at once, without having to log in-and-out of individual databases. This has greatly improved our efficiency! I also love the fact that AdvancedMD reviews our claims before they go out the door using professional claims review software. This software anticipates any potential coding issues or other problems on the claim before they even go to the clearinghouse. This helps us reduce our denial rate. The denials module is great - it has streamlined our denials management process in that we no longer work from paper. We now work from intelligently-created queues. This is another HUGE time saver. The Collections Lists for working Accounts Receivable is also well thought-out. We used to have to run paper reports in our old system to work Accounts Receivable. We now create work lists for our collections team and assign various payers to these work lists. This not only helps our collectors work A/R more efficiently, but it helps our supervisors manage the A/R queues better. Lastly, I love the Statement Module for patient statements. It is so easy and effortless to do patient collections now. AdvancedMD can even be set up to write off accounts that need to go to the Collection Agency automatically, and prepare a file that can easily be transmitted to our third-party collection agency. Great software!

Cons

As a cloud-based product, it can be a little slow occasionally, but not excessively slow. There are a couple of other small things I wish the software did differently, but I has certainly has exceeded my expectations.

Iris from Entertainment

Thoughts on AdvancedEHR

The practice management side is much easier to work with.

Pros

The practice management side. I like the various options for looking up a patient or carrier, etc.

Cons

Building templates that accommodate our needs. We are a orthopedic trauma surgeon practice and the existing templates at the time we started were not conducive to helping our physicians get documented what they needed. Creating the word merge documents to go with the templates was a NIGHTMARE!! Also don't like the fact that in order to get the coding function to work, we need to complete a review of systems for each visit. According to E/M coding guidelines, an established patient only has to meet two of the three required criteria to meet the standard. Since a ROS is just a PART of the history component, if on an established patient we meet the examination and medical decision making components, we should NOT have to complete a ROS in order to get the coder to work.

Reasons for Choosing AdvancedMD

I am not the one who made the decision, nor am I involved in making those kind of decisions for the practice.

Michael from Medical Pain Management

AdvancedMD has been & still is a very good experience. The implemtation process was very organized

Its changing our practice, and we will soon be "Chart" free (paper that is).

Pros

The overall functionality is superb. I can log-in from any computer, or at home, even from my phone. Like when you need to know how early a patient can get in the next day or that morning. All of the parts work together as a whole like a finely tuned machine. The appointment schedule is a multi-tasker in itself, you can get to pretty much any function you need from there (except master files, fee schedules & settings, which are more of an admin function). Charge entry is awesome, and seamless to "search" for diagnosis codes and procedure codes. And, the insurance payment Auto-Posting is Unbelievable, like adjusting off correct amounts, putting patient responsible amounts to the patient account correctly, and in literally a minute or so. Also AMD is compatible with using "Dragon" for voice text entry and especially SOAP note creation. One of the absolutely best things is, it doesn't matter what specialty or type of provider you are, it will cover all of the bases. I began using billing & practice management software in the 80's so I have a lot to compare AMD to, so take a CLOSE look at AMD, and take it for a test drive !!!

Cons

I think there should be the ability to do "Diagnosis pointing", so that U can define a specific Dx code to be most primary to each line item. For some practice types, that have more repitition of same or similar treatment from visit to visit, like PT or Chiro etc, I think having the functionality of somewhat more automated EHR note creating from visit to visit would also be helpful, even though AMD has a huge library of templates which is really awesome.

Linda from wilson pediatrics

Advanced MD is adequate

It was better in some ways for us (pediatrics) than our previous software. So far I have not found a great pediatric practice management software application.

Pros

It's pretty easy to learn. They have many videos and their tech support is pretty good. They do not outsource support which was important in choosing this software.

Cons

Most of the time it's very slow. We don't use the EHR part and only the practice management side so I don't know if that would make a difference.

Reasons for Choosing AdvancedMD

This was the best option that I could find

Teresa from ABM Billing Services & Management

Working on AdvanceMD is pretty easy to use if you receive the correct training.

Pros

You are able to enter the charges in different ways, You can have quite a few employees working on the system at the same time. If the Insurance are set up correctly and the procedures are set up, everything can run smoothly. You could run budgets with seeing where your money is.

Cons

The claim inspector not knowing why the claim has been held. It does not tell you what the errors are, it will state within the claim there are one or more errors but it does not state what are the errors. Some times when calling they can not answer the question quickly. With what the Doctors have to do with an EMR and they want the billing together. It has taken a long time for our EMR to reach out to a doctor that will be leaving cause the Doctor asked me what are EMR is like and I could not tell him. IF we are billing we should be able to see the EMR so we could inform our groups and get them on the system instead of losing a doctor. Which is what is happening to one of my big Groups. There is not communication between the Advance MD that uses your product and how it is better or what the changes are. Not everyone can go to the yearly meetings to see the products.

Lisa from casa Grande Pediatrics

Best PM Application out there - HANDS DOWN! NO COMPARISON TO OTHERS THAT ARE CURRENTLY OUT ON THE MARKET - I KNOW.

Listen... My words are worth their weight and gold! I do IT. I know computer software applications in healthcare. I have used almost everyone of them out there and can tell you this.. Billing. If you get another program your business will not be as financially successful as it could be. I know how to build databases, program and can tell you this was written by people who have done the job! I can't rave enough about the product! Worse one out there... Centricity - Most labor intensive billing module there is! It's horrible. It in itself can cause a company to always stay in the red. I am experiencing it now and have twice in the past.Centricity - GET THIS CAN'T PRINT DOSAGE ON PAPER CLAIMS YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY ADD IT. WANT TO PRINT A CLAIM FORM AND SAVE IT TO YOUR DESKTOP - CAN'T. - STAY AWAY FROM CENTRICITY - AMD - WILL BE MORE EXPENSIVE BUT YOU WILL SEE TRIPLE THE CASH FLOW. - IT'S CRAZY THE BLACK AND WHITE OF IT.

Pros

Everything. - It would be lengthy to tell you the specifics of why it's better. Okay let's start here.... Everything is in a box - and it all flows and makes sense. button are where they should be. the process is smooth - I am a systems efficiencies expert and this is the only application that can follow suit. Online app can access from home.

Cons

Um.... THus the point. I swear to Jesus if you knew me and to know I sit and can't write anything shocks me... I am a critic is the worst way.. Advanced MD is the total package - I have no complaints about people support or applications. I don't think I would use advanced md if I was a physical therapist. there that's it - it is not the best application for PT or DME. - but all other specialties it is the best.

Bethany from TheraMed Solutions, LLC.

Not the software for Behavioral Health

Awful. It was expensive, outdated, convoluted, and took way more time than necessary to complete tasks that should have been routine and simple. It was also a nightmare when there was a significant issue that needed support, to actually get a support representative on the phone. It was not uncommon to wait 30+ minutes before ever getting a live representative on the phone. And usually, once on the phone, their "solutions" would take days to weeks before they were able to be completed within our system.

Pros

We were able to complete claims and send the info to insurance companies. It saved previous diagnosis when creating claims, which was helpful.

Cons

The overly complicated, user un-friendly, and ultimately outdated platform. It is way overpriced, and under-delivers. It is difficult to track the life of a claim once the claim is sent, and frequently claims get lost for months or longer without detection, and go unpaid. You can pay for additional features, which I am not sure whether or not help with tracking, but as this software is overpriced already, we never opted to do that. Taking payments and tracking them in the system is a convoluted nightmare that often causing errors in the system that always remain, no matter what.

Shannan from Global Neuro Diagnostics

Great Experience, Fantastic Support

Pros

Any time I have had an issue or a question on how to make something work for our needs the support personnel at Advanced MD / EHR have stayed on the phone and walked me through my question until I understood everything, they would then even make suggestions on how to make it more efficient. They always seem to go the extra mile every time you need them. The whole system from the support team to the software is easy to use and very multi-functional.

Cons

More detailed Advanced MD manual with step by step instruction on how to do things with out calling support, for example the exclusions tab in the Claims Center. It would be nice to have more detailed information as to how to fix the issues and when you need to delete and re-enter a charge after making corrections. The EHR is great as it is but having the ability to "lock" or "secure" an account completely, due to a patient requesting nothing be given out to anyone at anytime.

Melissa from Frost Mental HealthCare

Best software yet

Generally positive, I wish the support line was available in WEST COAST time zone till 5pm or later, when questions would arise during the 1st year of implementation, and they were closed when we needed the most support.

Pros

The billing is exceptional to track payments and aging report

Cons

the telemedicine integration and lack of customer support for the clients I had. The clients had struggles navigating the online tele video conferencing and AMD did not help the clients, thereby they couldn't help me to connect with clients and visits were delayed and transitioned in sheer frustration to phone calls which were not reimbursed by the insurance. I have since quit using the tele med option and have a new platform and all my clients are happy and I am billing insurance effectively.

Reasons for Choosing AdvancedMD

The sales rep was enthusiastic, compelling and followed up.

Pamela from DMA

AMAZING. THE CONCIERGE OF MEDICAL SOFTWARE.

Pros

I like everything about the product. But what I like most is how they listen to their customers. Us. They take our ideas and wants and make them reality. They have us meet with their engineers and designers to show them what we like and what we need. They take our ideas and incorporate them into the software. Then come back. Show us what they have done with our ideas. Then make them a reality. They listen then produce. Always giving us things to make our lives easier. A clinician is the person that should be designing the medical software. Everyone wants better and bigger. That’s what you get with ADVANCEDMD. You can’t go wrong with them.

Cons

I don’t know if this is really are any cons but ADVANCEDMD offers hundreds of templates. It’s hard to know what to choose if you haven’t used an EHR before. You can customize the templates to your liking once you know what will work best for your practice.

Bob from Linda Woodson Dermatology

The system works well but is substantially more expensive than our previous system

The software is like all the others on the market but is actually a little less user friendly when changes are necessary to the template. easy to use in scheduling and billing and demographic entry

Pros

Quality is good. We have not had major issues with downtime. Sometimes it is hard to get support to quickly address a situation when it arises (don't give me a number and a promise to call back, give me someone to walk me through fixing something when I call)

Cons

Every time changes are made to the system (adding another provider's schedule), the monthly charge is substantial and frankly is too high. There should be a one-time fee to add another provider to the system because frankly the cost on your end is not that much to add an additional schedule to my system. Also in the ease of use critique above, when I need to change the hours a provider is working in a given day, it is not easy and your cust svc staff/programmers seem put out sometimes when changes are requested.

Neera from Dr Necklall Khooblall Inc

Very efficient

Pros

I like (1)how the task of entering claims is highly efficient (2) The claim center feature of scrubbing claims before they are sent out (3) the ease of navigating between each window, how reports are easily accessible and can be printed in any format. The collections is very useful for keeping track of overdue balances all in one window. Also insurance eligibilty feature is a life saver for every day use accessing and verifying patient's insurance.

Cons

However I wish more than 3 patients charts could be opened at one time. Also wish the window size could be dragged to make it bigger specially the financial history window so we don't have to use scroll feature to scroll to right hand side of window to see which carrier payment line refers to. Not a lot of cons to be honest. Over the years, we have seen enhancement features which did make a difference. For example recent zooming feature nice.

January 2015

Ramana from SecurityCrossroads MedicalCenter

January 2015

Complicated software : Not really built for small/micro practices

Pros

We had a great trainer after pronounced delay at start up. They left no time for multiple, complex issues, especially to solve problems for new users. Initial load of basic data was delayed (3 months), because the programmer was sick. ADP AMD did not compensate for time lost and was very strict about scheduling training times.. They would give no leeway or flexibility. So many of the very complex components of the software went unexplained and unreviewed at the time of training. I have no references to other users in my area.

Cons

The program is very complex and it has a very detailed complex setup. I had to download and print the manual (still at spring 2013 version). This may help me use the software better. It's a rather pricey system for a small practice (I am a micropractice internist). Help and support is difficult to get in a timely fashion, though when I get it, they are very good. They do not give you much time. For a Fortune 500 company that started off as a payroll and data processing company, that went into medical billing, then into EHR, they are a bit disappointing. Obviously, they do not have many medical people, especially MDs and RNs involved on an on-going basis. They are not actively seeking feedback from their customers, and are not listening to such feed back.

December 2012

Gary from Keystone Medical Group

December 2012

After 4 months post going paperless, I can say AdvancedMD has been a mixed bag. We are a multispecialty group that primarily deals with workers compensation which requires a plethora of individualized forms and data. We use both the Practice Mangement (PM) billing program and the Electronic Health Records (EHR) program, but we only use the PM to hold information as billing in workers compensation must be done separately by another company. The PM is counterintuitive with it being practically impossible to track and tag custom information. For instance, we need to track attorney names and address attached to a case/patient. There are custom data entry fields, but these fields are not accessable by any reporting, datasheet, or anywhere within the PM or EHR. I couldn't build a simple demosheet in the PM. The EHR can only get some information from the PM program and only in the predesignated format which is strange. So, if you want the diagnoses from the billing program you can only get it as a table with attached start, chronic, and resolved dates (dates which can't be accessed from the EHR). We had to repeat the data in the EHR for many instances like this. Where AdvancedMD shines is the possibilities for programming custom reports in the EHR. While the interface can be frustrating with inane quirks, it is possible to create true detailed narrative reports. I have incredibly detailed reports that are quickly generated from the exam, but it took me over 150 hours to program. The customizable reports are why we stayed with AdvancedMD. Recording exams and handling chart items in the EHR is a breeze. The iLearn program is good. They can even do basic customization for you. You have to realize that someone at your office needs to become the expert on the system. You cannot depend on anyone at AdvancedMD to be able to change your templates later on. It is, however, relatively easy. Technical support can only reread the help files for you. In summary, we love the EHR organization and the custom report ability. We don't like the PM program due to its inability to have any custom date and some of the quirks of programming the EHR. If they made just a few basic functionalities available and had technical service, they could have a product that was head and shoulders above the rest.

derek from EAST JEFFERSON MEDICAL CLINIC

Overall a great medical in house billing software and insurance check

Cloud based in house billing, insurance eligibility checks on each patient that comes in and it can be set up to be run before patient ever walks through the door, easy back end work on denied claims, and reasonably priced availability to send out patient bills

Pros

Easy for new medical billers to learn, easy for established medical billers to learn, quality one on ones to learn, instruction videos are very helpful, customer/tech support does their job very well, only had system go down once in 2 years and it was very brief and emails were sent to inform of outage, can add features that fit your practice

Cons

sometimes on hold to get through to tech/customer service for an extended period (once you are through they answer all your questions and give you undivided attention, some desired features that should be included cost extra, changing some services that were once included to pay for each time.

Jody from Eminent Health Services

Great Program with intrigal functionality

I have a Medical Billing Business and their CBO feature allows me to work several practices at the same time. I also like that if the practice is using another EHR software they can integrate with Advanced MD and the charges come over very smoothly to review. Overall Great Product.

Pros

Integration with other software. Payment posting and ERA claim reports. All very easy to use.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is the collections module, I do like it but I wish it was a little easier to use and didn't duplicate the message when you send it to someone else. I'm sure with a larger staff it would be useful but with my 4 I find it annoying. not enough to have me switch by far though.

Shay from Innate Wellbeing, PLLC

Overkill for most counselors, but highly featured for large practices and medical providers

Pros

Client info at a glance within scheduling, as well as the ability to toggle between Practice Manager and EHR applications (so that there could be privacy separation relevant and appropriate to job function)

Cons

I am a former user of approximately 3 years, ending 2019. My experience is shaded by the organizational limitations on providers (little opportunity to create/modify interface and ways to denoting scheduled appointments, downtime). In general, however, the interface is very flexible, if complicated to set up to meet your specific needs. Scheduling summary and billing reports are available, but I found running them buggy and the software itself constantly froze, required restarting (across users) and was slow to use. Restarting your computer while trying to reschedule a client is frustrating for all.

Patty from Dermatology Associates of Eastern Ct. LLC

Satisfied Long Standing Client

We have been a client for many years are very satisfied.

Pros

Having been a client for many years we have been through the "growing pains" with this company. Overall it has been a favorable relationship. AMD is always improving on the client experience. Initially I was not excited about the feature of having to create "online cases" for issues/questions/problems due to the concern for turnaround time. Overall this has turned into a positive experience as I no longer spend time calling the client line for support and the response time with a resolution is usually within 24 hours. Having an assigned Relationship Manager who is very attentive to my specific office needs has been extremely helpful.

Cons

All software companies have there issues AMD is no different but I cannot identify one specific area that I would deem a "con".

Doreen from DLH Consulting & Psychiatric Services

Very Disappointed

They will promise the moon and stars leaving you staring up at a black sky! I suggest you look elsewhere!

Pros

Instant eligibility checking, ability to access a patient’s medication history from insurance company with touch of a button, template customization is easy.

Cons

Too many different ways to do the same thing making it convoluted. Not at all user friendly or intuitive. Clunky. Hiccup after hiccup. Horrible mostly non existent tech support. Lots of errors and failed rx transmissions. Impossible to easily print a note or part of the chart! It doesn’t format to print without first creating what’s called a word merge template that coincides with each note template. Then you can create a document to print using this word merge option which pulls your note into a word doc. From there you need to edit spacing and copy and paste anything it failed to pull forward before you have a semi-professional note to print! Takes me at least an extra 20 minutes to do this! Ridiculous! Not to mention the price I was quoted and agreed to was half of what my average bill has been and they still, after 6 months have not been able to get billing set up with all my pay or sources!

paul from Paul Wood, M.D.

Advancedmd- Switch from Practice Fusion

It is a bit overwhelming to switch over to a product like this, but I think is well worth the effort in the long run. The support and training teams have been excellent and very responsive. They gave me a very low price /month as a solo practitioner, since I won't be using a lot of it's more advanced features.

Pros

Price point very competitive, especially for a solo practice Combines EHR and complete Practice Management/Billing software- fully integrated with clearinghouse Support and training are excellent and VERY comprehensive. Lots of videos to watch plus 10 hours 1:1 with a trainer. If you are a solo practitioner, it is possible to use this program yourself and not have any staff. Mobile APP for iphone/ipad is excellent. Very easy to schedule a patient on the fly, register a new patient, etc. with an iphone. They offer a credit card billing module that works great with co-payments.

Cons

There is a substantial learning curve. The product is well designed and very complex- what medical record/billing system isn't. I have used Medisoft for years and had Practice Fusion as a separate EHR. Combining the two should save a fair amount of money and time. Everything is in the cloud (is this better or not?). The training is extensive and very good, but there are 100's of features in this program. It is really made for an office with several MD's, nurses, front staff, etc., but you can have the program custom set up for one user and not use a lot of the features (such as check-in, check-out, auditing accounts, etc.)

Aaron from ASAP

Good product, terrible customer 'service'

It's helped eliminate a lot of manual effort with scanning in documents. THe reporting is pretty good. However, the implementation managers are terrible. They start presentations telling you that they will not respond for 48 hours to calls or emails outside of standing meetings. What they should say is that they won't respond at all. This mentality is common to all of the support staff.

Pros

I like the fact that in many respects the system does what we need it to do, and has many features that reduce, if not eliminate paperwork.

Cons

The support. Horrendous, slow, and/or non-responses are common.

Donna from Center for Hand Surgery Inc

Very easy to learn and use.

We recently had to leave Adv MD because our EHR, that we had before Adv MD, recently developed scheduling and billing modules. That kept everything under one roof, but we still miss the convenience of the many features of Adv MD that our EHR does not have. I have no reservation in recommending Adv MD.

Pros

There were many reports useful for billing, contract negotiation, AR, and patient demographics. It was easy to break out what charts had not been billed yet, what procedures were used the most, and how many patients were in what financial class or carrier. The schedule was super easy to see at a glance, daily, weekly or monthly.

Cons

Some reports did not offer the option of beginning and ending dates. For example, to get a report of how many worker's compensation patients we saw in any given year, we would have to create a custom report that required a fee.

Manish from Credence Resource Management

Robust but custom report is painful

Pros

Very detailed and every module is designed keeping the provider need in mind and to provide powerful case management and billing functionality

Cons

Custom Report is very powerful tool provided to build reports. However, denials codes, remarks codes when tied with the claim, duplicates as it captures all transaction/insurance responses and should tie the recent insurance response only by default. There is no way to filter or apply rule to resolve the said issue and makes is very difficult to perform denial management. Default denial reports are anyways no match or provides freedom to add required headers/information. Additionally a single claim cannot be re-billed as a claim and has to be performed CPT wise for each claim and can be made easy. Customer Support is unable to understand the request and acknowledge/honor the improvement required. Otherwise AdvMD is comparatively is well designed and has huge potential if constantly developed.

MaryEllen from Eye Care NorthWest

I am completely a new-beeeee!! It has been a short learning curve type of system -

Pros

Most of it makes sense in a synopsis = I have not been a computer user overall and to actually begin with this system on a daily basis was a definite concern to me ,sleepless nights, that kind of thing. However, there was nothing to be concerned with. Its too easy!

Cons

Little to least like because it is well thought out. The questions can easily be answered by the tech support or our billing service. They interface with us and I can go directly to them if I get confused on any new topics. I have had difficulty with tech support realizing I am a contact person for our office, they seem to not have that on file although I have had our billing service address listing me numerous times and if any complaint - the tech support level one tries hard to address questions but it did take me far too many times w/level one techs to finally send me to have a repeated issue resolved by a higher tech dept. in your system.

February 2016

Cindy from Practice Management Service, LLC

February 2016

Advance MD Review

Pros

I love the user friendly practice management software. Being user friendly not just on the front office end but the back office billing end. From sales, set up, training and support they are there for you!! I cant say this about most softwares. Usually after the sale and set up you are on your own. Not AMD they want to hear from you. They are there to help that clients whether adding new services or just a daily support call. If you have a comment or idea on how something can be better they are listening. The pricing is excellent and affordable. Their pm software is robust without being complicated which speaks volumes to the medical community.

Cons

I would like to see the collections module developed more and offer some addition options. Working on old debt is time consuming in most any pm software and it pays nothing. So to make a collection module that would actually do more of that time consuming work would be worth so much to AMD clients.

January 2016

Gary from OBT Billing Services, LLC.

January 2016

Advanced MD has given our business the leg up on the competition

Pros

My firm OBT Billing Services, LLC made a corporate decision to move all of all providers to Advanced MD over a year ago. Since the partnership began the advanced MD software product has streamlined our services and claims processing 10 fold. Many of our 40+ providers were using a third party ehr which integrated into advanced MD taking the manual labor out of our day. Our providers love the back end use of the dashboard and the thoroughness of the advanced insight reporting tool. As far as EHR goes our two largest providers groups are completely thrilled with the complete package of practice management and EHR. In my 26 years in the medical billing area I have found that advanced MD's training and support provided by advanced MD is second to none.

Cons

Quite frankly, there is not much to complain about with advanced MD. The product and the company exceed my expectations of what I look for in a partner.

Anjum from Integrative medicine of Acadiana

Pleased with the software but they need to improve the functionality, compatibilty

AdvancedMD is a good and extensive program, I think as I am learning the program more and more, I realize it can do more, but Implementation team is not strong at the company as per my experience. if they would have trained us right from day 1, I would not be having the problems now what I am facing (The templates to meet the QM and MU were not set up right despite asking multiple time0

Pros

1. If the implementation personnel is knowledgeable, the program is good and covers all bases, If you get the person I got, everything will be messed up. 2. The program offers billing, but I have not used it, so cannot comment on it. 3. Scheduling is very simple and it automatically checks the eligibility of the patient

Cons

1. Software not compatible if you have Apple products, so if you have that, as of now its not the best/compatible software. (I had to buy 2 PC other than iMac, MacBook and 2 iPads)- extra expense as the program representative failed to inform me of that 2. Ifax does not work with Chrome, Safari, only work with Internet Explorer. Ifax is not very friendly either. 3. The program is not compatible with Fujitsu scanners to upload/scan documents, only Taiwan compatible scanners are compatible with AdvancedMD. I had to get the scanner separate as ifax always shows line busy and 6 out of 10 attempts you cannot get anything faxed to the software. Had to buy a second scanner (Brother) that was compatible 4. Not very friendly software when comes to bi-directional interface with labs