CGM APRIMA Software Reviews

CGM APRIMA Software Reviews

Find out more:

Recommendations

Find out more:

• icon"The PM product is wonderful. The applications are also user-friendly and easy to maneuver."
  • icon"It has lots of flexibility and users can customize many items to their liking. The mobile app is very handy for staff who function from the hospital."
  • icon"I love that Aprima listens to their customers regarding enhancement ideas and implements those that are important to the users. Aprima is always improving their product for it's customers."
  • icon"The EHR is not very intuitive, is very click-heavy, and exceedingly difficult to customize."
  • icon"RCM virtually did nothing to earn the percentage charged. Unfriendly response from RCM managers regarding the billing errors and invoicing errors."
  • icon"It is terrible because to get anything done you have to have a middle man that knows very little about the system. So then it becomes a game of telephone and things take forever to get done."

All CGM APRIMA Reviews

Katie

TOP OF THE LINE

My advise? Invest in the right person... someone you can trust with all securities. Invest in education form Aprima (there is a reason why each department has their own group of support experts). Finally make sure the person you chose for this job is highly driven and takes pride in the work they do.

Pros

I don't know where to begin.... I think that anyone who rates this system anything less than 5 stars does not know the capabilities of this EHR program. Before anyone makes up their mind about switching to another vendor please do your homework first. Step 1 require someone from the practice get extensive training on the one area that is the heart of the entire set up- *List Editor*. Call Aprima and ask for securities to this area of the system (you have to own your system in order to do this) If you know what you are doing, literally you can create your own setup/category/section/rule/security measure/capturing data for CMS program. I can go on and on what you can edit, the sky is the limit you don't have to use templates that the system comes with by the way even though you think you see all the options, most likely you are not as they are hidden behind filters that are set to default to... For example searching by (most recent- to- most frequent to- alphabetical order- to- all -1).. Imagine back roads that you don't see... like the human body all we can see is surface the outside- not the wiring on the inside- for that we would have to use some form of radiology. I highly doubt anyone who gave this system anything lower than a 5 star score has had the time to even scratch the surface of this genius system. Everything I learned, I did on my own time...hours at night I spent self-teaching and uncovering options and search table options that was available to use One by one I would get more excited with my new findings!! Our systems Captures and does all the work for us. Every day I learn something new, I am truly fascinated by this system. This is a fact because I personally set up criteria and rules that have changed our reporting to the level that has never been achieved before. The jobs and errors are easily re-set in seconds but I must say, we have never had issues with speed or any other issues for that matter that I could not quickly solve myself or have Aprima support quickly resolve for me, We can see a complicated patient with multiple chronic conditions and address each condition in less than 15 min from the point of check- in to check- out you do the math. On very rare occasion, an upgrade is due and until that is done you may have a few days of "error" messages here and there but that does NOT INTERFERE WITH workflow. Aprima support has been incredible with response time when we need them. I highly doubt this type of support is available with other programs but I am no expert and not looking for any other program & what it has to offer, simply because I know this is top of the line. Instead, I focus on customizing and molding the system to our preference to fit our practice specialty & patient’s needs. Anyone who says “There is not enough templates" is dead wrong. Check to make sure your practice is set up under the correct specialty and all the filters are available for use & if that is still not enough, you can start from scratch and build your own as you go. While charting if you don't see your option listed, search and add the category yourself from a list of options available or better yet, add _ (underscore) option and now you can type anything you wish for that category. No one said you are limited to using what is provided. In fact, there are too many options. The only obvious problem after reading all the feedback is doctors don't have a clue what this system truly offers and is capable to do. That is a STAFF problem not Aprima program issue. I suggest focusing more on investing in employees who are highly motivated and independently driven to bring success into the business. Unfortunately Doctors just don't have appropriate support within their own staff that is disciplined enough to dedicate time to learn this system. *THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX*. I am convinced in the very near future Aprima will succeed at even that issue... by providing physicians with a system that even replaces staff that we all so desperately depend on. This EHR is incredibly intelligent & anything lower than 5 star rating is simply "limited knowledge of what this system is really capable of". It only takes one determined mind to uncover the system's magic ability to not only do all the work but also to make money for the company effortlessly. My advice? Invest in the right person... someone you can trust and give them all securities. Invest in education form Aprima (there is a reason why each department has their own group of support experts). And finally make sure the person you chose for this job is highly driven and takes pride in the work they do. Only then will you discover that this system is a keeper & truly is one of a kind!

Jack

Time used: Free Trial

November 2013

We have used Aprima since 2011. We moved from paper to electronic format using a staged process that I spearheaded as project manager. In November 2011, we implemented the PM system. In February 2012, we moved. I became Aprima PRM 2011 certified and began training physicians in May for a July and August implementation. I met with each of the physicians who were participating in the first of the three waves of go-lives beginning in May and started exposing them to the product. I began meeting with the second wave physicians in June. By July, three physicians were already using Aprima, even though their official Go Live date hadn't arrived. Five physicians were using it by the end of July. We ran a part-electronic/part-paper schedule, which we ramped up as the physicians felt comfortable. It took six months before all of our physicians were 100% electronic. While the process of converting was difficult, we had almost no loss of patient volume. We did not cancel appointments or block off vast swaths of the schedule due to the implementation. The software was relatively easy to pick up for our physicians once it was configured administratively and once the physicians and staff became accustomed to the program's layout. Customer support has been pretty good and has only gotten better since we began with them. There were a lot of crashes early on, but those have been 99% fixed. We have submitted dozens of tickets and almost all of them were completely resolved within 24-48 business hours. Any emergencies were handled within a couple hours. If you do have a more complex issue that has to be passed on to a developer, though, you may be waiting. We've actually seen an improvement in our patient flow and our ability to measure the practice's performance has vastly improved. We now have a number of fixed quantitative measures that we can follow for clinical, financial, and operational performance such as no show %, revenue per procedure, E&M coding averages, lab/task/phone message completion rates, etc. which we can map by provider, site, CPT, date, or whatever other dimension we wish. It's really crazy how flexible reporting can be with 3rd party software. I estimated the number of linear inches for a file rack for our existing chart storage before we moved them to their new home in the new medical records suite by retrieving the first letter of the last name of each patient that was seen since Aprima began and dividing it by the total number of patients, then multiplying it by the number of available inches to get the amount that should be allocated to the A's, B's, C's, etc. We were able to reduce the medical records department from 4.6 FTE employees to 3.25 FTE employees. Our clinic is now distributed in separate offices. We were able to move our business office outside of the clinic into another suite in the building and our medical records department was moved out as well. This was not possible without Aprima. This made room for an additional physician who we onboarded just two months ago, and it positions us to expand even more. Our no-show rate has reduced from 4.5% in May 2012 to 0.9% in October 2013 due to appointment confirmation e-mails, calls, and text messages that were not possible before our conversion. We are saving thousands on paper, folders, inserts, envelopes, postage, and other materials. We have begun tapering off our off-site storage, which is a $1,000/month expense that will be reducing by $200/month every year for the next 5 years. Patients love being able to log on to our patient portal to look at their lab results, which has saved our staff from having to call or mail results when patient labs are normal. Our physicians are seeing more patients per day on average than they ever have before. We are on our way to our highest-ever year when judged by total revenue. The physicians love being able to go home and remote into the office to do work. Our physicians are generally happier and more relaxed than they were when we were using paper. Staff are happier and more relaxed. The administrator and HR manager is able to focus on side projects because there are fewer conflicts. All-in-all, Aprima has been a huge success, although it could use a number of improvements to speed and the overall design of the product.

Marcia

Not a fan

Pros

The scheduling part of the program is easy to learn.

Cons

1. Customer Support: I don’t like the fact that when you reach out to customer support, they don’t help you set up things, for example, adding a new employee. Instead they give you a manual to enter things yourself from start to finish. This leaves with mistakes and having to reach out to support constantly for help regardless! This is how it is with a lot issues. They tell you what you should do but do not go above and beyond. For the price we pay to Aprima, they should include their own support team to be of more help. They will expect you to be a computer expert of their program and features. 2. The reports I run on a month to month basis are not accurate. Also it takes FOREVER to print a report if you need to. 3. It’s always down. For example, we have not been able to access Aprima since last Thursday, putting us over a week not being able to get work done! 4. It’s slow loading parts of the program even with fast internet. The list can go on and on.

Reasons for switching to CGM APRIMA

Provider made the switch.

Bill

August 2022

Beware of 5 year commitment

Being with Aprima was a waist of time and money.

Pros

The presentation was good. People that done initial training were pleasant to speak with.

Cons

We had to get our attorneys involved to get out of contract, even when problems were not fixed after being with the company for almost a year. They still insisted that we pay the remaining of the 5 year contract

Reasons for choosing CGM APRIMA

Aprima had a good sales presentation.

Reasons for switching to CGM APRIMA

Looking for a software that would allow us to do our on billing

Frederick

February 2016

Great product with many customization tools for a proactive clinic

Pros

Providers are able to complete tasks and send directions to staff once the system is setup correctly. There are many ways based on the flow of your clinic to execute billing, orders, and referrals. You can throw something to together quickly to get started or spend the time to take full advantage of the features that improve work flow and efficiency. You can migrate most of your existing materials and automate things that once were done on paper.

Cons

Customer service responds to problems based on their designation of criticalness. You might get a fix the same day or the next but you can always long on to review the status of your problem. You need someone on staff that can translate your office flow with Aprima's capabilities if the person you designate does not know why something is done you won't get the full use of Aprima's tools. You'll have to wait for a trainer to observe your clinic to translate your workflow into Aprima.

Charles

Leaving Aprima

It was a good system to learn on, but there are more user friendly systems out there.

Pros

The pros of Aprima are that it does what it says it can do. It is a server based system so you know your files are secure and not all over the net. Their conferences are A1. I used to look forward to going to them.

Cons

It is a server based system so for upgrades and other maintenance issues you have to let Techs tap into your system from elsewhere. This leaves your system open for potential hackers. Our system was hacked several times which led to our decision to leave. Also if you buy this system do not go through a vendor. It is terrible because to get anything done you have to have a middle man that knows very little about the system. So then it becomes a game of telephone and things take forever to get done.

Leslie

Terrible implemenation and customer support

Have a third party handling diagnostic code files who inadvertently deleted retired codes form the database making resubmission of older claims impossible. Customer support is very inflexible regarding communication avenues with the practice. Staff will submit trouble tickets with return phone numbers but customer support sends a senior staff member an email wanting more information. This strategy might work in a small office but it does not work in a large practice where team members function in different locations or departments.

Pros

Cons

Implementation process was awful. It left us improperly prepared to go live. Customer support is terrible. Can take weeks for responses which can often be an email indicating they couldn't replicate the problem and the case has been closed.

Reasons for switching to CGM APRIMA

Terrible tech support and their lab interface was disasterous.

jim

Some features not well organized. Mediocre support, though that is probably a function of the host company. Easier than most.

Pros

Reasonably easy to learn and use, particularly in comparison to many others. Has many of the features that make all EHRs difficult, but better organized and more intuitive than most.

Cons

Some areas have poor organization causing significant delays, eg, lists for "point and click" not alphabetical. Difficult to scroll through the complete drug list when it is somewhat alphabetical but with many random entries scattered throughout. Some seem organized by most common, but others are quite random.

Response from Judy

While Aprima appreciates reviews from customers, we do not recognize this reviewer or the practice name as ever having had a relationship with Aprima. We respectfully request that you take down this review. If you feel that we have made an error, please contact us at marketing@aprima.com so that we may find you in our system.

Replied May 2017

Cheryl

August 2022

Avoid If Possible

See above. Any other EHR would be better.

Pros

I have not found any part of this program easy to use.

Cons

It is counterintuitive to use. After using many other electronic health records, I found this to be the most clunky, unfriendly program on the market. When I attempt to resolve issues I get a complete runaround and an "we'll get right on that" or "we'll call you back in 10 minutes." They never do. I have had the same complaint about nonfunctionality since I started using this program with ZERO effort of the part of Aprima to resolve or even talk to me. I can't wait for this contract to end, I will put every effort into ensuring that this practice changes to another EHR.

Reasons for switching to CGM APRIMA

New company, they started with this.

Liliana

slow

it is always time consuming when you try to save the note, complete it, or even just adding labs in the service order, you have to wait and then send them and then select them, wait for the slow system to respond and then print them, walk to the printer and hand the paper order to the blood work lady. So my suggestion is: less steps to get something done specially this since we have to be very fast in order to provide quality of care in each visit. And we should send the order electronically to the phlebotomist. I have used other EMRs and with others you can do it electronically. LESS STEPS FOR EVERYTHING will make you the best EMR. because we will be faster, and the patient will be happier.

Pros

Easy to use.

Cons

Slow too many steps to get something done.

Roger

Practice Manager who uses Aprima every day and handles billing and EDI issues.

As a dermatology practice, I find that Aprima is not the best EHR for our specialty. It is better for a primary care and family medicine than for any specialty. I would not select it for any specialty because I do not find it user-friendly and adaptable to the needs of our specialty particularly uploading photos.

Pros

- I believe Aprima having the EHR/PMS combined as one entity is a positive attribute. - Customer Service Reps are friendly and typically responsive. - The system seems reliable and without a lot of glitches.

Cons

- The initial learning curve takes several weeks to master and the training videos are not user-friendly. - There are not practical user-friendly training guides or manuals that answer the most frequently asked questions. - To gain a full mastery of Aprima one really needs onsite training, online training or to attend the user conference(s), which can be pricey and often not an expense or investment many practices are willing to approve. - Too many issues cannot be handled by the first line Customer Service Reps and a case must be created. I find this process burdensome. - Customer Service Reps should be cross-trained to handle a wider array of issues. - A lot of functions have to be turned on such as the message system instead of being functional by default.

Shahriar

Declining support and empty promises

It started out ok with lots of support to start. A very complicated system to learn and set up and i took off 1 week to learn it and 2 months to set it up. I am the expert in our office and have a love hate relationship. It helps us be compliant but it is extremely slow. They keep promising a fix and they different things but at the end of the day, it slows your productivity really badly.

Pros

Lots of bells and wistles Keeps you compliant Keeps notes in whatever format you like

Cons

EXTREMELY SLOW!!!!! Complicated to set up Complicated to use support has declined over the last year Once they got you hooked, you are done

Reasons for choosing CGM APRIMA

Allows offline access Keeps the format of my notes to how I wanted it but chose pretty over function and that was a big mistake

Frederick

Not a cookie cutter product, Aprima grows with you as your needs grow.

Aprima support is great! They prioritize critical issues and address all issues to finality. They make recommendations in work flow to make the practice more efficient and to improve the overall doctor patient relationship.

Pros

An integrated EHR and Billing solution that can be customized to fit the work flow of your clinic. Aprima gives you the tools to follow to finality a patient's need. Our office is on the same page with every patient with our ability to annotate if needed anywhere in the process.

Cons

The design features are easy to apply but you do need have a knowledgeable person to make changes. You can keep it simple or modify the system to work for you rather than for it but it's not a task for a novice. You will need support from Aprima if you don't have the staff with some database knowledge to make some of the greatest features work.

Perla

has improved.

Pros

I have been using Aprima for the past 3 years and has improved a lot since then, of course that is a good think, that they are willing to improve. This software is very complete, you can send labs, imaging orders, faxes, meds instantly. It is separated in sections that are very easy use, able to open multiple windows at the same time.

Cons

The diagnosis section is good, able to add icd 10 code but algorithm to search a new diagnosis is not too functional, it needs to be faster and able to find the diagnosis with synonyms.

Robert

Speed of use to facilitate use

I have used the system for years and lately as the info to insurers and other requirements are necessary to submit, the system slows as if the platform wasn't set up to expand into these areas initially.

Pros

Has templates and can repopulate w/ changes w/ease Has all of the codes are up-to-date and the fees are all customizable Use friendly

Cons

Hard to customize to glean certain info or graph info like "A1c's" Too much user input If the program has a software glitch the time to eval and fix is weeks to months Harder than other programs to import data

Jeremy

Poor response to our outpatient customization needs.

Pros

Integrates communication and faxing into EHR. And that is really it. Having a character minimum for this question is presumptuous at best?

Cons

From the simple inability to auto-save, to the inability to put in simple error checks and stops, to the scads of extra fields and tabs that are not hideable cluttering up a simple and readable documentation process, to the slowness and propensity to stall/crash, to the strange text editing bugs - this software has more than doubled our documentation time...

Brenda