All Practice Better Reviews

Reviewed May 2024

Practice Better Makes My Practice Great!

Practice Better has transformed the way I manage my clients and educational programs. Its comprehensive features, overall ease of use, and exceptional support make it an essential tool for any healthcare provider looking to enhance their practice's efficiency and quality of care. I highly recommend PB to my colleagues and peers in the nutrition and wellness industry.

PROS

Practice Better provides robust client management capabilities. It allows me to maintain detailed and organized records for each client, including medical history, treatment plans, and progress notes. The ability to easily update and retrieve client information has streamlined my workflow and improved the accuracy of my record-keeping. I also appreciate that it offers a high degree of customization, allowing me to tailor the platform to my specific needs. Whether it's customizing client intake forms or setting up reminders for follow-up appointments and educational sessions, the flexibility of this software has been a major benefit. Finally, the EHR platform is HIPAA-compliant, ensuring that client data is protected and secure, giving me peace of mind. As a side note, I love how That Clean Life and Practice Better partnered together to make my professional life so much easier! Thank you.

CONS

There are so many tools to explore and utilize in Practice Better, that I sometimes forget how to do things and have to retrain myself. The positive is that PB has tutorials and great customer service that help me navigate these times when I get stumped.

Maria

Reviewed May 2024

It's all here in one place!

VERY GOOD BUT NEEDED TO HIRE AN ASSISTANT FOR HELP WITH THE PROGRAM SET UP. [sensitive content hidden].

PROS

I like the all in one faxing, charting, uploading of documents, app set up, programs, protocols, patient portal and stripe billing and payment.

CONS

I would like to be able to add attachments and posts in the broadcast messages

ALL IN ONE SITE FOR FAXES, CHARTING, PROGRAMS, BILLING, SUPPLEMENTS ETC

Reasons for switching to Practice Better

WANTED AN ALL IN ONE ELECTRONIC HEALTH RECORD WITH PROGRAMS AND PROTOCOLS.

Anika

Review - December 8, 2022

I would give PB a 3/5 in terms of my overall experience. I like the interface for the practitioner facing, but I've had many complaints from clients about the technical difficulties that they face. In the past 4 days, I've had to reschedule 2 patients, which is >$350 worth. This has put me at great unease during my busy days, where I may have 10 patients (~$1000 income), which could be jeopardized.

PROS

Works well for patient records and chat functioning. - labs function is great to share info with practitioners

CONS

lack of reliability for video calls- frequent issues with video calls not working- troubleshooting/tech support is not very good, they say the same thing over and over again and the issue is not resolved.

Hello Anika. We're happy you've had a great experience using Practice Better for tracking patient records, client communication, and labs! Our support team strives to deliver an excellent experience and help as efficiently as possible. We encourage you to check out this article to troubleshoot any Telehealth issues: https://help.practicebetter.io/hc/en-us/articles/360004916111-Telehealth-Troubleshooting-FAQ. Please connect with our team about the technical difficulties your clients are facing; we're happy to help. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and for being a part of our community. - The Team at Practice Better

Cayla

Streamline with Practice Better

Practice better has, without a doubt, leveled up my practice.

PROS

PB is user friendly both to practitioner and client; it includes all the features I need to run my business smoothly, and helps me to stay organized.

CONS

I really can't think of anything! I find all of the features straightforward, easy to use, and helpful!

Reason for choosing Practice Better

More user friendly, and allowed me to customize the taxes on services, since I operate virtually in multiple provinces. Jane did not offer this functionality.

Reasons for switching to Practice Better

I had to create too many workarounds to make the products work for my business. PB includes everything in one place, so it was a no brainer.

Rima

Reviewed May 2024

Practice Better makes running a private practice easier

I love Practice Better. I have been using since January 2020 and it has made my work life easier and is a more seamless experience for my clients. While PB is not a cheap investment, it probably saves me money in the long run because of all of the awesome features included in the program... from scheduling, client outreach, program landing pages, EMR, HIPAA-compliant communications and more.

PROS

I love that PB is a one-stop shop for most of my private practice needs. I love the fact that I can use PB with clients from the initial communication/interest survey to the end of my wellness journey with clients. PB makes all of the administrative tasks of running a small practice easier and less painful!

CONS

There are really very few cons of PB. I do wish the calendar/scheduling feature was a little more flexible/user-friendly. I find the calendar a bit cumbersome to set up/change but it is do-able and having it all in one place makes it worth the while.

Reasons for switching to Practice Better

Wanted a program that offered even more functionality.

Breanna

The Best Client Management Software

Practice Better is fabulous - it has everything I need to run a successful coaching practice as well as fabulous features for running group programs and courses. I love that I don't have to break the bank to have a program that's got all the bells and whistles!

PROS

I love the ease of use for myself and my clients. I love the organization and the weight it takes off of me for creating group programs, scheduling and housing my client's information.

CONS

I wish that it was a little less clunky and a little more aesthetically pleasing - the pros outweigh the cons for sure. Group programs or courses are a little clunky as well - it does the job but there are other platforms that are "prettier" and a little easier to use for programs and courses. However I love PB so I will wait for a more aesthetic update because function is everything to me.

Reasons for switching to Practice Better

I wanted a one stop solution for everything instead of multiple products - PB hit everything I needed.

Bree

New Practitioner Advice

Overall I love using Practice Better and do see an easy platform to use, great client interactions, easy set ups for protocols and appointment tracking! I am so glad I made the switch and hoping some of the more manual tasks become overtime more seamless.

PROS

Very easy to use! As a new practitioner (and someone who hates doing Admin work- like most people) this transition has been seamless! Making booking appointments, sending waivers and forms, payments, protocols and finances easy to understand and take the stress off of myself to see monthly reports. I highly recommend making the switch if you need a way to track clients, finances, protocols, appointments etc.

CONS

There are some features that I feel are somewhat behind (comparatively to Jane App). -there is no colour change on appointment for cancellations or completion of appointment -setting up 1:1 appointments within a package is confusing -having an option to charge clients from sessions already confirmed/arrived and lump-sum it monthly (or on their profile) - there is no way to allow a client to buy a package of a certain # of sessions and have it dock off there profile (it must be done manual) -some things require more manual work compared to other platforms - when doing service video calls with PB staff (for assistance) they were helpful although the employees would have their cameras off which I felt was disconnected and not professional

Reason for choosing Practice Better

*same as before, easier protocols, solo entrepreneurs & price

Reasons for switching to Practice Better

Was working for a company using Jane but felt that Practice Better was set up way better for client protocols and better for solo entrepreneurs & it is!

Katrina

Best Bang For Your Buck! So user friendly for the patient and practioner

It's been great! I have used other medical record platforms but have always come back to practice better.

PROS

It is easy to use, and everything is in one place. I don't have to have a different scheduling app and medical record and payment processor - everything is right in one place.

CONS

I think that building out my resource library was a bit difficult and not as user friendly as I would like it to be, but that is very minor when considering the benefits.

Reason for choosing Practice Better

Customization, ease of use, cost. Nothing compares!

Christina

Excellent tool for Nutritionists

Smooth, supports my work and I totally appreciate that the customer support is so quick and friendly.

PROS

The simplicity, ease of using and also all the features. Everything in one place from scheduling appointments to making courses.

CONS

It does not (yet) incorporate the dispensary where I buy supplements from, the invoicing function does not work for me either (live in Sweden).

Reasons for switching to Practice Better

I did not switch from Opera. I used Nordic VMS before which was free. However, I could not enter that. Practice better has more features, like appointment scheduling, setting up courses, it runs more smooth and is easier for clients to use.

Samantha

Can't recommend Practice Better highly enough

I can't recommend it more highly. I love the platform!

PROS

Practice Better has all the basics you need as a registered dietitian, but it also has all the bells & whistles, too. It's a robust platform that is constantly improving. The customer service is fantastic and they offer tons of support on various topics from using the platform to growing your practice.

CONS

There are so many features, it can be hard to get them all set up!

Reasons for switching to Practice Better

Healthie was more expensive and more restrictive.

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Practice Better Runs My Entire Business

PROS

Practice Better runs my entire business! I've used quite a few different software programs over the years to run my nutrition and health coaching business. I have tried names you would probably recognize including Mindbody and Vagaro among others however I found they just weren't the right fit or were lacking features. I've been using Practice Better for over 5 years and have watched them, grow, improve, and expand. I've used every pricing tier or plan offered. I'm currently using the Plus plan. I use it for hosting my group programs, sending coaching materials, sending protocols and recommendations, coaching and communicating with my clients individually and through group chat and email, scheduling client appointments and group coaching calls, and also billing and invoicing clients. It allows my business to run smoothly and makes me look professional. I also appreciate that it integrates with many third-party devices that I use regularly like Fullscript, Zoom, Google Calendar, and Square just to name a few. I like the fact that you can create custom forms and tasks that reoccur. I use these forms to help my clients build and form new habits. I also like the fact they are always looking to improve their services, have regular training on their software as well as provide business coaching and tips to allow the user to run their business better as well as improve professionally. Their customer service is pretty great too! I genuinely appreciate this service and have recommended it to many friends, clients, and colleagues which is why I'm taking my time to write this review.

CONS

There was a time when I was considering leaving Practice Better because they had a rather awkward program hosting platform. When I tried to use it, I found my clients were confused and didn't have a good experience. They have since fixed that and have made a few more adjustments to the software in general that allow my clients to have a better user experience. I like when things are really intuitive not only for me to use but especially for my clients. If anything I would like to see some more developments in this area. I also wish they had messaging templates for communicating with clients because a lot of the time especially in the onboarding process messages are quite repetitive. Otherwise I'm quite happy with the software.

Hi Chris, Thank you so much for sharing your Practice Better experience and for recommending the platform to your friends and colleagues. It's amazing to hear that Practice Better runs your entire business smoothly and professionally. We really appreciate loyal Practice Better advocates like yourself, and hearing your story is very inspiring for others looking to manage their nutrition and health coaching business so efficiently. Regarding messaging templates, you might find working with Snippets helpful. https://help.practicebetter.io/hc/en-us/articles/360018479432-Using-Text-Snippets We wish you all the best and thanks for being a part of our community. - The Team at Practice Better

Replied June 2024

Christina

Reviewed August 2023

Wonderful program with a ton of features

Overall it was a decent experience. There were a few bugs that were annoying but the features offered outweighed the annoyance. When they recently raised the prices, for me it wasn't worth the cost anymore.

PROS

I loved the fact that everything was extremely customizable from the SOAP notes, to the reminder emails to the menus in the patient portal. Sharing info with patients was amazing as you could share files in the documents section of the patient portal or share certain parts of the SOAP note (HUGE plus that you don't have to share the entire SOAP note). Patient chat feature is very nice.

CONS

I am not a fan of the pricing structure and wish it was based more on patient visits as opposed to patients in the clinic. This simply made it too pricey since I have a lot of patients in my system but don't see them often. The program is very feature-rich but for someone who doesn't use all of the features, I felt like I was simply paying too much when they raised the prices quite considerably.

Reason for choosing Practice Better

At the time it was much more affordable than other products. This has since changed as they have raised their prices quite considerably.

Meghan

Professional Training & Coaching, 1 employee

Helpful software for coaches

Very positive overall

PROS

All in one software including client portal, invoices and billing with integration to payment account, client record storage, HIPAA compliant, included easy to use app, telehealth feature, e-sign ability excellent help / support with webinars

CONS

Certain features not available unless on certain plan, cannot directly upload a document to be esigned as need to recreate it in software

Reasons for switching to Practice Better

Liked the ability to develop programs, billing, and booking links and format of Practice Better more

Hello Meghan. Thank you for being a part of our community and for sharing your valuable feedback. We're so glad that you're finding Practice Better to be a helpful software that checks off all of your boxes! Once you have your waiver created in Practice Better, you can easily share that with your clients and they can e-sign via the client portal without downloading them or opening a new tab. To learn more about that, please visit this link: https://help.practicebetter.io/hc/en-us/articles/115004332288-Creating-Forms-Waivers#signature. Thank you for choosing Practice Better! We're grateful to have you a part of our community. - The Team at Practice Better

Karen

Reviewed December 2022

Can’t run my business without it!

Very positive. It never glitches, and I’ve I need any help the support team are fast and efficient. This gives me great peace of mind.

PROS

The automations, the saved templates, online billing and payment plans, text message appointment reminders, the client app.. it’s honestly like having an admin team doing all the time consuming tasks for you!

CONS

Not so much a ‘dislike’ but I think there could be aesthetic improvements on programmes, specifically design and layout. I would also like to have multiple windows open at once (view protocol and type session notes at the same time)

Reason for choosing Practice Better

There was no comparison really, PB knocks it out the park in functionality

Reasons for switching to Practice Better

We wanted something more automated and multifunctional

Karen, we're so delighted that Practice Better has become an integral part of your business. We're thrilled that the automations help you get more done. Thank you for sharing your feedback on Programs! If you haven't already, we invite you to submit a feature request for advanced program layout/design by submitting a ticket from your portal. To view multiple tabs at once, check out this Help article on Client Hubs: https://help.practicebetter.io/hc/en-us/articles/360019185872-Using-Client-Hubs. This will allow you to have multiple hubs open at once. Thanks for being a part of our community! We wish you ongoing success. - The Team at Practice Better

Aimee

Reviewed May 2024

Great Way to Manage Client Care!

I've stayed around since 2018 for good reason! By and large a satisfied customer.

PROS

i have really appreciated Practice Better's abundant resources to help me streamline and consolidate all my client records and communication. I transitioned to them years ago and love the ease of having everything online in one place. The addition of online dispensary options, menu planning software and lab ordering from within the platform has only added value many times over!

CONS

I am aware there is a lot of features now that I have not learned. There is a bit of a learning curve that I do not always feel I have the time to take. This is, of course, a challenge I have with everything from my SEO plug ins on my website to using my phone, so it can't be pinned exclusively on PB. You all did take WAY TOO LONG to make auto-save a feature, though. In the future, when there is something that fundamental you are behind in, it would be worthwhile to hire out a programming consultancy firm to take care of it ASAP rather than let customers languish for years.

Reason for choosing Practice Better

Less complicated, smaller more intimate company which met my needs.

Lorraine

Very happy with Practice Better

Overall, this program helps with keeping information in one place, monitoring diet needs, adding protocol recommendations, billing, chat options, and much more...all in one place. Since I am the only user, help is a click away. This is important to me.

PROS

The Better program has many useable features that I need to keep me on track. I can keep notes, updates and add what I need to when I need to for each client. I most like that there's help immediately when I get stumped. I also like the seminars to learn about more features and to make it all work even better.

CONS

I need more assistance with setting up to use all features. I don't think I'm using everything to it's fullest. The invoicing part needs to allow editing (adding or editing original posts).

Reason for choosing Practice Better

I use more than one program

Reasons for switching to Practice Better

I needed the features offered with the Better program: chat options (group or individual), diet/food changes, lifestyle options. I can enter my own supplements and do billing in one place. The private meeting portal is a great feature!

Hello Lorraine. We're thrilled to know that you're happy with your experience, have optimized many features to help keep you on track, and have utilized help from our Support Team when you need it! We'd love to hear more information to assist with your question regarding invoices. If you haven't already, please connect with our Support Team directly from your portal and they'll be happy to help. Thank you for your feedback; we're excited about your continued success. - The Team at Practice Better

Shanon

Reviewed June 2024

Love Practice Better! Wish It Had Option To Sell Products but otherwise 10/10

Use it everyday for everything. I wish I could also sell products but other than that, 10/10.

PROS

All in one practice management! Love that I can do everything in one place