All CharmHealth Reviews

Medical Devices, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Charm for DME Billing

Overall experience

PROS

The best use of Charm for us was having all our patient data in one location that was easily accessible, and well laid out. Ease of use was important in the decision to use Charm. Charm was easy to implement and setup. It is highly customizable and their support is great. It has almost all the features we need to run the practice.

CONS

There is no option for refilling orders for patients. We have to go in and create new encounters each time

Reason for choosing CharmHealth

Charm gave us the option to use Optum 360 for claim submission. It gave us more access to payers.

Reasons for switching to CharmHealth

Functionality and ease of use of Charm.

Matthew

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2020

User Friendly Effective EMR

An effective EHR for us as compared to other software packages that is easy to use and cost effective for a smaller practice. Many enhancements have been made over the past 2 years which has made it even more attractive to use.

PROS

We changed to CharmHealth about 2 years ago after using PracticeFusion which did not have the flexibility we needed to add information. This software is easily customizable and has a vast library of templates for pre completed notes. It was easy to customize and had all the features we needed. Calendar is very user friendly and integrates well with the EHR. Can easily print out hard copies of anything we need and especially immunization records which are frequently requested by patients.

CONS

Although it hasn't been an issue for us, for a very large practice the cost could get rather high as compared to other EHR platforms. Since I have a relatively small practice, the cost is not an issue. There have been problems with sending eprescriptions - The software can not locate the particular medication and you must know the generic as well as the trade name on occasion to get it through. There have been issues with locating pharmacies at times although, I must say, customer support has been helpful and has tried to rectify these issues as they come up. Minor problem exists with entering patient email addresses. Software sometimes flags as invalid email address with anything that ends in *.com. You need to enter the email address as ".net then got back and re-enter the correct email address. Customer service has yet to fix this problem.

Reasons for switching to CharmHealth

Was no longer free - software had limited flexibility.

Reviewed November 2020

Great for small cash practices, not so great for busier practices

It is OK for clinics just starting out. Once you get beyond 2 patients an hour, it takes too long to chart and bill appropriately.

PROS

Great small all-around software that provides everything a small company needs. You can see a patient's financials from right within the chart, which is excellent. As well as their prior appointments. You can copy over phrases or entire notes from prior as well. e-scripts are easy, but do lack notifications. Scheduling is good. And, patient is able to book their appointments from your website.

CONS

Charting can be combersome. Our main issue is that the billing isn't robust enough. You have to use their system and their billers to get any benefit out of it.

Reason for choosing CharmHealth

The look and feel, ease of use was great. Customer service is terrible.

Reasons for switching to CharmHealth

Jane didn't have insurance integration.

Dear Anonymous Reviewer- Thank you for your review. We would actually love to work with you on the issues you are having! Are you taking advantage of all the billing features? We also have billing support in case you'd like to bill on your own. If you email me at info@charmhealth.com with the Subject: Attn:Billing Help Needed-- I can help nail down the problem and suggest an appropriate solution for you. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!

Replied November 2020

Phyllis

Medical Practice, 2-10 employees

Used less than 12 months

A Practical Approach to Integrating an EHR into a Medical Practice

I would definitely purchase this EHR again. It is saving time which is now spent on developing and maintaining our patient base. The recall system has been most helpful. Automating the process for upcoming appointments and lab tests has eliminated a patient from not having the proper screenings prior to the Doctor's appointment. It also keeps the patient from getting 'lost' because a recall wasn't done.

PROS

The software is user friendly. Setup is not difficult. Learning the system is logical. Being able to access the different elements of the Charm EHR helps with training the employees using the system. As they begin to integrate the information about the practice into the Charm EHR their initial orientation reinforces the information they need to complete their tasks. Being able to add different programs is a plus factor. You don't become overwhelmed with too much information at one time. If there are problems support is there to assist where assistance is needed.

CONS

I would like to see Charm use videos with explanations that can be downloaded as slides in order to be able to quickly reference the items being taught. Chatting is fine but when you are interrupted and come back to what you were doing there maybe a lapse of time whereby you are not able to recall exactly what you were suppose to do to resolve the problem. Perhaps U-Tube could be an answer if Charm doesn't have their own site setup. This would be a more user friendly method of learning the EHR.

Reason for choosing CharmHealth

Charm provided the products we needed at a reasonable cost. Charm also allowed us time to review the products they offered then allowed us to opt in on our own time allowing us to not feel pressured.

Not cost effective

Emily

Medical Practice, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2020

Great for solo-solo practice!

I am happy with my selection of Charm. I have been using it for 15 months and have worked out the kinks in my processes. As with any EHR, not everything is perfect, but it fulfills my need. And the cost is well worth it!

PROS

I like everything being in one place - office notes, appointments, faxes, documents, patient messages, appointment requests, billing. I went from a totally paper practice to Charm, and could only do so because of the reasonable cost of Charm. I am more organized and can respond to my patients as I should in the electronic era.

CONS

Creating my own templates is time consuming, but I appreciate being able to use templates developed by other practices as well. I wish it came with a virtual assistant!

Reason for choosing CharmHealth

Ease of implementation and low cost of implementation, the fact that it was designed for small practices and seemed to work well for a solo-solo practice, the great salesperson meeting that didn't feel like they were trying to sell me more than I needed, and the fact that I could run Charm totally on my iPad.

Aaron

Medical Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Easy to use, complete package

I've been a happy user of the software for over two years and it has helped me be faster and more efficient with my note taking and patient tracking than most of the other EHR software I looked into.

PROS

Simple and easy to train new employees on. Efficiently handles scheduling, notes, insurance, payments, and ability to get analytics out of software is also nice.

CONS

Applying payments when paying multiple invoices at once is slower than making and applying payments to one invoice which is automatic and very efficient.

Reason for choosing CharmHealth

Way better features, easier to use, less complicated to train people, everything integrated.

Peggy

Hospital & Health Care, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2019

ChARMed

Getting all of billing services set up - just need the equipment and a little more time to implement this component.

PROS

Flexible program, HIPAA & HITECH compliant. Superb support staff!

CONS

More resources for therapy providers would be helpful.

Reason for choosing CharmHealth

Security & economy, plus scaled addition of other embedded services.

Reasons for switching to CharmHealth

Flexible & secure program with ChARM.

Laura

Reviewed October 2020

Charm makes taking your practice virtual easier

Positive. Add-ons of faxing, eprescribing and ability to taking payments, including recurring payments.

PROS

Easy to get set up quickly, affordable, Zoom HIPPA compliant, templates.

CONS

Patients can't seem to update their demographic information, and credit card information themselves. Extra fee for patients to cancel/change their own appointment.

Reason for choosing CharmHealth

Functions, price, eprescribing, efaxing, HIPPA compliant Zoom, payment processor integration, able to get setup quickly.

Christina

Reviewed August 2023

Affordable option

PROS

This is the most affordable option out there and really provides you the option to grow. If you are a new practice and don't need a lot of bells and whistles, then this is a great option. Fancier features cost more.

CONS

My main gripe was with the online booking. There was no way to customize menus or offer links for one service so the patient is presented with every service available for online booking in alphabetical order. No way to change the order unless you get creative with naming of services. There is also only one option for integrated payment processing which was not good for me, especially since that company took 6 months to respond to me about opening an account.

Cost.

Chelsea

Reviewed November 2017

Very effective and efficent program with many helpful features!

PROS

Lots of features available and customizable, great flexability with use base on your practice type, one size fits all program.

CONS

Customer service response time could be better, billing integration with their selected clearinghouse is problematic and requires a lot of time to set up properly.

Nerissa

Mental Health Care, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2021

Love my EHR

CHARM has made my life so stress free. I love it and even my families love it. They love the portal and the ease of using it. When COVID hit, I was able to transition seamlessly to Telehealth. The fact that the organization even offered it free for several months to encourage users to use Telehealth was amazing. I highly recommend this product and have told others about it because it is so easy to use!

PROS

What I love about CHARM is that it is user friendly. I have my own part time private practice and I knew I needed something that I could get up and running quickly, keep me organized and compliant. CHARM is the answer! I never loved EHR systems before I found CHARM. Having tried other packages when I was in academia, everyone gripes about EMR systems. But CHARM "works like a charm!" I could make my templates by dragging and dropping easily, I could make changes if needed easily. I uploaded all my blog handouts to then quickly put in patient portals. SO easy to use! I love the quick text feature. I love the auto populate feature too!

CONS

The only thing are these: 1) in the event that I have a patient whose parents are divorced, they both want and need access to me to send me updates. The portal right now can only accommodate ONE user log on. Sometimes divorced parents do not want to share--which is understandable. 2) Support is not instantaneous. They have a chat but someone is not necessarily on there 24/7 to answer and provide support in real time. I had two instances where I could not get logged in right before a clinic day. Luckily it was fixed in 20 minutes but again It would have been nice to have someone right there responding to my urgent messages knowing it would be handled.

Avanti

Mental Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Charm review

PROS

automation!

CONS

paying extra for different features and every little thing

no automation

Vanessa

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Easy to use platform that streamlines operations

Easy to use, streamlined integrations and patient portal is great. Good price for subscription.

PROS

Cheap and easy to use! Its very intuitive programming

CONS

I cant think of anything. Customer support has been easy to access so what I cant figure out they are very helpful.

Easier and better look

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Excellent all-in-one solution for management of Integrative Medical Practice

PROS

The ability to customize and create many different templates and structure for our office, has allowed hour office to grow and thrive.

CONS

Occasional challenges with connectivity, but these are often short-lived.

Renee

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Switched from Practice Fusion and Love this Full Feature EHR

We switched to Charm when Practice Fusion moved from their free model. Honestly, I like this software better. It is more customizable and has more included features. It runs fast, is always up, sends text appointment reminders for free and voice reminders for a low price. I probably trialed 20 EHR systems before deciding on this one, and for the features and price point, I couldn't beat it, particularly for a small practice with multiple part-time providers, where we really can't afford to pay high prices per month for provider. Charm charges you for the number of encounters your practice has, so it remains in line with your profits. We are a mental health practice, and while it's not geared specifically towards this, if you tweak the form templates just a little, it works just fine.

PROS

Very customizable, reasonably priced add on services, receipt printing and accounting, good email options, snotty to send patients custom forms with their initial appointment confirmation, easy repeating of medications/diagnoses/prior note, great price point.

CONS

Nothing really... Except that it's not going to help you very much with MIPS.

Heidi

Hospital & Health Care, 1 employee

Solo DBP practice

Charm is easy to use and affordable for my solo practice. It is important to me to be able to create documents, templates, handouts and questionnaires for my practice and Charm makes it easy. I have been able to integrate billing and electronic prescribing. It is visually intuitive and easy to navigate. I am really satisfied and happy with Charm EHR

PROS

Affordable Functional Easy Adaptable Great patient portal Questionnaires can self populate with patient information Templates are easy to create Reports are helpful

CONS

Customer service is great! But they have limited hours and can sometimes be difficult to get in touch with. That being said they usually respond within 24 hours.

Monica

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Valuable

Excellent

PROS

I have used this product since 2013. The advanced features and the willingness of the company to make changes made based on customer feedback is amazing.

CONS

I don’t like that it can’t be branded with our ligo colors.

No contracts.

Dear Dr. Saenz, thank you for your kind review. We pride ourselves on incorporating features based on customer feedback-- Glad you experienced the same. Happy that Charm's advanced features are supporting your Emergency Medicine practice!

Replied August 2020