• Pros

• "It is very easy to use and great customer service"

• "Ease of use and organization and the customer support was very good."

• "Easy to use, Technical support availability and knowledge is great"

• Cons

• "All though the software is very easy to use it does more than a small one man office like mine will ever use. Some of the tables are huge and can be a little intimidating. "

• "There is a bit of a learning curve, but there would be with any new software. Difficulties with updates sometimes come up, but they have been short-lived and customer service has been amazing. "

• "The cost of the product will never compare to that of something without the cloud, however, they do have hardware storage options which are less expensive."

Browse Compulink Healthcare Solutions Reviews

Perry from Lake Oconee Eye Care

Highly recommend.

Pros

Compulink is a company that shares our values. They believe in providing the best solutions so their clients can be the best. Changing practice management software is an investment in time and resources, so we went with Compulink. We are confident they will continue to be the best solution in the future as we grow from a medium organization into a large organization.

Cons

Change is always hard, but the Compulink team is easily accessible during the implementation process.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Compulink had the resouces and business philosophy to be the best choice now and in the future. Changing practice management systems is too hard to do every 3-5 years. I went with the long term best choice so we will only have to change once.

Fred from Lydian Chiropractic

Outstanding customization features

Pros

We have been using Chiro Advantage (one of the software specialties from Compulink Business Systems) for more than 10 years. We chose it because it enabled us to build our own EHR screens that are designed for our special method of treatment. Chiro Advantage offers an excellent, broad range of features for building custom screens, including custom fields, rich screen building features, and a library of scripting functions and logical operators to perform various automatic operations with text. We used these features extensively to build our entire suite of EHR screens from scratch. I also appreciate the tech support. They are very helpful, and usually available with minimal wait times.

Cons

While Chiro Advantage does a good job handling our data for the purpose of treating individual patients, it can be difficult to export EHR data out of the software so you can work with aggregated data. For example, it's hard to export data from selected EHR fields. The SQL search function is difficult to use. Sometimes we have had troubles with the stability of the software - sometimes it crashes and you have to restart it.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

We chose Compulink over MacPractice because of the potential for customizing our EHR screens.

Susan from Griffith Eye Center, PC

Compulink Software Review

Software Support is amazing They are top notch and always provide a solution in a timely manner.

Pros

I like that the software is customizable by the end user. I also like that optical inventory and Rx’s are in the same software and included on the patient ledger as most other systems do not have this functionality.

Cons

Updates that are released with errors. It is frustrating to upgrade to a new release and have to learn all the new features and then have to call support several times to report and fix errors. It is even more frustrating when there is no solution to an error and you have to wait for a fix and put up with the errors until the fix comes out. .

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Integrated optical and practice management.

Robert from Children’s Orthopaedic Institute of Northwest Florida

Compulink Orthopaedic Advantage is the best orthopaedic EHR solution!

Very well-integrated and coordinated implementation team. Although [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was primarily responsible for our implementation, everyone on the implementation and support teams have been very helpful and friendly. I have not had any bad or difficult interactions with anyone at Compulink.

Pros

Although, the software was originally written for ophthamology, Compulink has done a great job adapting to orthopaedic surgery with Compulink Orthopaedic Advantage. The visual diagnosis engine function is very helpful for identifying and documenting specific pathology in various anatomic regions. The software easily accomodates the physician/provider preference for input to the EHR. There are template for dictation, drop-down menus, or manual entry (scribe). Microsoft Remote Access for Compulink Cloud Advantage implementation was very easy and device friendly. I am able to access Compulink from literally anywhere with internet access on my iPad, Windows, Mac, Android, laptops, etc.... I was able to easily and effectively implement DICOM MWL to manage my patient workflow with in-office X-ray and cloud PACS.

Cons

Customization of template features is somewhat difficult to do on your own, if you are hands-on. The technical and implementation support is outstanding and will customize for you. There are still some bugs that need to be fixed and features that I would like to see implemented. Web Registration is tedious and slow for patients. All patient outcome measures are displayed and may not necessarily be relevant to the patient. Need to be able to designate the outcome measures for each particular patient. Caveat: I did not have my own IT person. I implemented the software, myself.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Best value for full featured EHR with patient reminder (Practice Watch), Web Registration, and VDE (Visual Diagnosis Engine) with lowest cost for implementation on the Cloud. Orthopaedic-specific features are built-in.

Candy from Milestones Retina Eye Care

Expectations More Than Met and More To Offer When I am Ready to Expand

The Compulink Help Line is Outstanding. I can easily explain my issue (or what I want to accomplish) and I am directed to the department appropriate person in a timely manner who can assist me quite efficiently and professionally.

Pros

Compulink Software is all inclusive for my current needs - a combined PM and EHR. Also, I am not locked into one type of template. For example, most my patients have Retina issues, but if a patient also happens to have another issue, I can import a problem appropriate Tab and I don't need to have it unlocked for me by the company (or pay more). I could see where this would be advantageous for a multi-specialty practice (even though I am not one). There are also multiple other resources I can choose to incorporate and use that is available as options to add to the software's capabilities (e.g., RCM) as my practice grows. The really nice thing is that I can function efficiently now and utilize Compulink Software (in all my various roles) at a good price point and still anticipate how I can incorporate what Compulink has to offer as my practice grows.

Cons

Setting up the Look Up Tables took me a long time but I was a new practice that did not have much (or any) of that information in a readily available database to put into the Look Up Tables or did not know how to organize particular information prior to being asked by Compulink to place such information into my Look Up Tables. On the plus side, needing to spend the time to build my Look Up Tables, helped me understand how the back end of the PM/EHR worked.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Excellent price point based on my needs and what Compulink has to offer as well as provide options as I expand my practice.

Carrie from Regal Oak Counseling

Powerful Software for Mental Health Providers

Compulink Healthcare Solutions has been a tremendous asset to our business operations. Streamlined functionality includes verification of benefits, treatment planning, integrated billing and remittance posting, multiple locations, group scheduling option, client web registration, a clinician training portal, and so much more - too much to list. One look at the demo and you'll see the power in this software. I highly recommend Compulink Healthcare Solutions to anyone who needs a powerful and intuitive software option that is reasonably priced, always improving, and backed up by world-class support.

Pros

We started with Compulink Healthcare Solutions from the time we opened for business in January 2016 (no integration from another software), and spent a tremendous amount of time researching available options beforehand. None of the other software programs offered the features and power well suited for small and large companies. We wanted software that would be efficient and extensive, but also grow with the business. From 1 provider to many, the software has delivered in every area. Customer support is always wonderful and timely, and there are always ongoing improvements that make our job easier. Billing is a snap, reporting is thorough, and everyone at Compulink is open to hearing user feedback.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

None of the other software programs were as extensive, flexible, or well priced while allowing for growth.

Brenda from Choices Therapy Services, LLC

User Since 2018

We have been with Compulink since 2018. We have been able to grow as an agency while using the software and now utilize their billing department to assist with submitting and allocating our insurance claims. They have an online library of information to utilize as a provider and business owner and are growing as a company to provide changes to their product to enhance ease of use.

Pros

The software has some time saving capabilities such as matrix options in the assessment, easy access icons and treatment planning goals/objectives prewritten selection options. The claims posting and ledger screens are easy to use without background in claims processing.

Cons

There are quite a few steps to follow when creating documentation and sending for ledger posting.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Sales. Their sales person did not sell me on the product. Was not educated enough about my questions and concerns

Lisa from Silicon Valley Eye Physicians

A Compulink user since 2013

Financial reports have good flexibility. We have one location but 3 businesses under one roof. We like to track many revenue streams and we are able to do this very well.

Pros

The support team is amazing!!!!!!!!! Physician schedules can be as intricate as you need. Images easily stored in the medical record. Financial reports have good flexibility.

Cons

The web registration is very unfriendly for patients and the practice alike. We are unable to access the information other than importing. Maintaining the tables is cumbersome, not friendly, would like to hide unnecessary stuff or remove. Would like to remove or hide schedule templates we no longer use, cannot because is tied to previous schedules. Would like to return to having schedules that are applied be able to replace what is there, very time consuming to have to delete one by one. Changes made to schedules do not show up unless you close the cloud and re-log in. sorting items in tables is difficult and must be exported , sorted in excel and then re-imported. Would like a patient portal with useful functionality, access to prescriptions, etc.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Flexibility of software, intergrated EHR, PM and optical in one platform.

Lyudmila from Ocean Eye Care, PLLC

Small optometry practice

It is a hood comprehensive system, easy to learn and operate, good value for the price.

Pros

scheduling, EHR, and EDR systems all in the system

Cons

updates were difficult to keep up with. Lots of screens in the EHR portion.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Cost, I have a small practice.

Traci from Heritage Professional Associates

Psych Advantage Review

Pros

There are a lot features within this program.

Cons

The program is quite complicated and can be difficult to navigate. There are many many glitches and they typically take a long time to get worked out. When working with tech support, it takes numerous phone calls to get a resolution to an issue. It seem the things that we want to be able to do with this program, just cannot be done or we have to pay extra to have it written for us.

Bryan from Dr. Bryan Vanesian, O.D.

Long time user of Compulink Eyecare Advantage.

This is where Compulink shines. The whole team does an excellent job of responding to our problems, inquiries and complete disasters in a timely fashion. With three different office locations and 40 workstations all running from our server, keeping up and running is critical as we are completely paperless. Recently we migrated to a new server and opened another location and had to convert 26,000 medical records from another venders software and I am happy to say that Compulink made it all happen as easy and smoothly as I could hope for. If there is any one reason to choose a software vender it has to be their support department.

Pros

I love that the software developers are frequently upgrading and adding features to their software. Most of the software does not require a lot of training to use; I have to train my new Externs every 3 months to use the software and it only takes 2-3 days to get the hang of it. The "tab" system of organizing the chart seems to be the most elegant way of handling the large amount of data we enter for each patient. Editing and adding specific patient info is nicely done with the new hovering and selecting a desired function. Data integration with our instruments works flawlessly and speeds up our exam times.

Cons

There will always be some issues, but nothing major. I don't like the color scheme the developers decided to use, or I should say lack of color. I find data easier to find if in color coded boxes or better yet; let me choose to highlight something in color. It would be better if I could edit the data in the pop-up defaults and be able to re-order them as I see fit in an easier way; I never remember to leave the software to edit tables for use later. Looking up ICD-10 codes should be easier too, I frequently use a web search to find a code.

frederick from Pediatric Ophthalmology of NY, PC

AN INCREDIBLY WELL DESIGNED EHR. It makes my life much easier!!

We use Compulink for all aspects of our office including, scheduling, billing, EHR, and employee hours. It has been efficient in all dimensions. We also interface with their appointment confirmation liaison. Compulink has certainly added to our bottom line with their efficiency. Their phone service for technical support is always very responsive as is the Compulink design team.

Pros

This software allows me to quickly, and in great detail, review, document findings, and make plans for patients. It saves me an incredible amount of time and generates all of my consult letters. Screens are arranged in logical sequence and layout. As a pediatric ophthalmologist, I appreciate the ease of recording multiple gaze measurements and the inclusion of special sensory testing. There is rapid and easy interface with all of our machines ( e.g. autorefractor, lensometer, document scanner etc.). The self-made templates are invaluable, speeding along the record keeping process. Medical histories and review of symptoms are "one click" if normal. Data including acuities, refractions , strabismus measurements, IOPs, etc. is kept in easily reviewable longitudinal tables. The multiple dropdown menus greatly add to ease of use. Prescribing spectacles is very easy as one may choose any of the refractive measurements ( autorefractor, lensometer, etc.) as a starting point. Included is drawing software for external or retinal documentation which is very easy to use. Printed reports and records are very professional looking and organized. The communication tab allows one to easily record data from a phone conversation. I hear my colleague's complain about how their EHRs slow up their days, mine allows me to see more patients. I highly recommend this EHR.

Cons

There is certainly a learning curve to unleash the power of this EHR. This is especially true of the customizable templates known as Encounter Favorites. Once these are established however, your EHR works for you in a smooth and efficient way. Compulink has excellent tutorials to get you through this process.

Cheryl from Geriatric Eye Group

Customized Design for Our Unique Practice

It has been a wonderful 1st year and we are doing extremely well

Pros

The ability to customize for a mobile optometry company - The staff was able to think outside the normal practice setting and adjust the software to fit our mobile needs.

Cons

Insurance Set Up was difficult and our implementation person was not as responsive as I would have liked. Several glitches made things frustrating

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

I had worked with it at another practice as a consultant and asked the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to take a look because of the value.

Suzanne from crown point optometry

A software with flexible options for different practice needs

Generally good the software is rarely down and it is usually possible to get a support call back within a couple of hours at most. There are some glitches in the software but some of them are eventually getting fixed and they are not interfering with the functionality of the software.

Pros

Implementation, had sessions booked to train how to use it. Also, I like the cloud based model, don't want to have to worry about a physical server. I also liked how it is flexible, right now I just use the EHR but it is flexible to add dispensing or contact lenses in the future. It is also flexible in cost based on number of computers which is good since I'm a small practice. Easy to book appointments.

Cons

Some glitches like entering IOP has to be done in a certain order and some cosmetic glitches like overlapping text in the software. The software has overall improved and become easier to use over the time of be being with it, but at first it took a while to figure out where things were.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Cloud based vs server based, cost/ease of implementation

MARK from Self Employed

Compulink fills the need of our practice

The trainers are awesome! The salesman is a blatant liar. Trust nothing his says.

Pros

Compulink allowed us to proceed from paper to electronic records bringing us into the new century. Now that it has been accomplished, we probably should have made the conversion long ago. My favorite part of the software is the ability to track. There is no question that our revenues are increased because we are better organized.

Cons

Even more than 6 months later, I still have not learned all there is to the software and have not had the time to customize to use it most efficiently. Seeing patients, running a practice and keeping up to date with charts means that I am working many more hours per week. I am getting faster at charting but I still work late most nights finishing my work. Overall, my biggest complaint with Compulink is that the salesperson lied to me repeatedly. I asked specific questions and was given answers that were 180 degrees different than than the truth. For example, I asked if my patients could schedule on-line through Compulink. The answer was absolutely. The real answer is that it is part of the plan for some time in the indefinite future. I made decisions based on the information that I received and likely would have gone a different direction, if I had known the truth.

Loan from TLC Optometry Inc

Good but more still need to be done

Overall, Compulink has made my intergration from paper to EHR an easy transition. However, I feel it's not specifically gear towards optometry but more ophthalmology. I do love the new customer service!!! Always there and extremely helpfull when I needed help. PS: Do you have optometrist consultant on your design team?

Pros

I liked the ability to create my own layouts and favorite encouters to be more efficient. Also like the feature where I can just duplicate previous notes and diagnosis. The new contact lens detail selection feature is great. Compulink is easy to navigate.

Cons

The patient on-line registration needs to be revamp for optometry. The patient text messaging feature needs improvement. More diagnoses need to be added on the health hx page: too many searches and clicks. I am on the cloud EHR and the Ambir e-Signature is way too slow. I am still waiting for resolution. It's going on 2 yrs now.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

I didn't need all the whistle and bells and the price was right at the time.

Jeffrey from Jeffrey Cooper OD, PC

Optometric -Ophthalmological software

Previous to this year service was slow and difficult. You had to leave a message and they would get back to you. That has all changed. Now they are responsible, response to a telephone call is usually immediate which is important during the pandemic

Pros

Compulink has a long history of providing financial and EMR software to the ophthalmic community. Their recent upgrade has been a game changer. For those of us who provide both medical and optical care, the new software integrates this very well. For example, their is integration between fitting of contact lenses (with features that make it possible to automatically populate the fields); ordering contact lenses (delivered at home or office); automatic pricing changing with cost and market variables; and integrated into integrated web store. These features are important to make us competitive in this very competitive world. The customization features are also important to us, which allows us to vary the design of our software to our specific needs. The have dramatically improved their support so that the emphasis has changed from solving problems, to implementation of new features and training.

Cons

Integration of images, is still a little awkward

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

My professional colleagues raved about it. It is used by most of the Optometry schools

Brandon from Professional Eyecare

Long Time Compulink User

Overall, we have been pleased with Compulink and the number of things it can do for our office from accounting to EHR to inventory. We have used it for over 10 years now and have been able to grow an adapt to changing times with it.

Pros

Compulink is a customizable solution which makes it fit your practice like you need it to. We have some specialty clinics we do with low vision so we were able to develop our own layouts for our low vision exams.

Cons

When you compare Compulink to other software solutions it is more expensive both in initial investment and then also in maintenance fees.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

We chose Compulink because it was the most customizable. We needed something we could make fit our style of practice and still have the robust features for accounting and inventory.

Caitlin from Dr Caitlin S Filips Inc

Great customer service with Compulink

It was a lot of work to set up, but that is the case with any EHR. The transition was smooth and they are constantly making updates to the system.

Pros

The customer service of Compulink is outstanding. There is a help icon that you click and submit a question or problems. The Compulink IT staff will call you back and login to your computer if necessary to fix the problem. The online registration is very helpful especially during COVID. Patients can fill out their paperwork before they come into the office and save time and exposure to COVID.

Cons

All systems have their glitches and technical difficulties which can be annoying at times.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

The set up and pricing was good and it is one of the more popular EHR favored by Optometry Schools.

Jayne from Valley Eye Specialists

Long Term User Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Compulink is in the business for the long term. They are constantly updating and evolving to meet the ever changing needs and guidelines of our medical practice. As with any system, there will always be features that we would like to be different and features that we do not use to full capacity.

Pros

Software is necessarily complex to manage the compliance and regulatory issues of a medical practice. It has a good revenue cycle feature for submitting claims with a good team behind it.

Cons

Because of the complexity, sometimes it takes alot of clicks to accomplish simple task. In the current version, on some screens, open boxes do not easily move to the side so you can see what is behind them.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Researched the ownership, and the ability of the software to evolve with the changing needs of Medical Practice Management and Electronic Medical Records over time. Basically, I did not want to commit to a practice management solution and have to convert to a different vendor within a few years. There were some struggles but we are still customers after 20 years.

Mark from Vision Health Institute

Very Happy with Compulink

Overall I would give Compulink an A grade. We have had no issues with getting support on time and I hear from other doctors with different software that this has been a problem. Their updates are seamless, the software is intuitive and easy to learn. We have externs that rotate through our clinic every 3 months and they comment on how easy the software is easy and how they wish their schools used Compulink.

Pros

The ability to customize tabs, their web registration (patients complete online a form -before they come to office- with all their medical history, family history, medications they are taking along with allergies and medical insurance); once the patient arrives at the office, with just 3 clicks of the mouse, all this information is downloaded into their record (no paperwork to fill out at the office). The ability to interface all of our images from topography to ERG into the cloud EHR with ease. Also, once a diagnosis is made, an order set populates so that it is easy to add diagnostic test to complete the patient record.

Cons

As with any cloud based system, when the internet is down, so are we. The patients ledger could be organized better.

Nathan from Bonneville Vision, PLLC

Customization is king

Overall I am fairly happy with the product. I have not loved any EHR for optometry, but Compulink is the one I have hated the least. I chose Compulink based on them being relatively well established, their customization ability, and the customer service is decent. I do wish some of the core coding could be customized.

Pros

Customization ability. Decent optical inventory/product ordering functionality. Responsive customer service. Ledger and billing is generally user friendly. EHR is fairly intuitive with tolerable amount of button clicking.

Cons

Patient scheduling functionality could significantly improve. Certain core coding is not able to be customized. Eyefinity interface was boasted during marketing but very disappointing in terms of actual usability.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Customization ability, fewer button clicks, cost, familiarity, option for server-based system instead of cloud only, customer service, brand pervasiveness/longevity, aesthetics of screen layout and general appearance

Judy from Quality Family Eye Care

Great Software for Optometry!

Overall Compulink does the job for my line of business and I’m satisfied with the software.

Pros

Easy to use for billing, EHR and scheduling. I’ve used other EHR systems and softwares and Compulink is simple to use with many features. It’s can be customized to an extent for the cloud option.

Cons

The software goes through update so far once a year. Usually the updates in improvements are not as noticeable to me as the glitches that result from the updates. A little annoying.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Price point and I had used the system before while working for another optometrist. I was familiar with the product but almost a decade prior.

Vinh from Today's Vision Cypress Fry Rd

Compulink

Pros

Ease of use from anywhere with Cloud base. Able to run many detail reports. Good inventory program for frames. Pre-populated letters. Web Registration. Patient's portal.

Cons

Difficult to customize scheduler. Have to change both lens options and definitions to add or remove lenses from system. Even after adding lenses from both the lens option and definitions, the lens does not show up or syncs properly. Cannot add part of exam tabs to exam in EMR. Can only put max 3 insurance payment per line in ledger. System setting is not user friendly.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Used Compulink in the past.

Kathy from Rodrigue Eye Care Center

Compulink Review

It has been fine...customer service is good.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of the EHR to billing system.

Cons

There are to many step," clicks" to get between each step

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Doctors Decision based on colleagues opinions

Linney from Gold Eye Clinic, Optical & Survery Center

Compulink is GREAT!

Pros

Compulink is always developing and improving the software. The staff is easy to work with and seem to understand our needs because many of them have been in private practice prior. This is a huge advantage for Compulink and the client.

Cons

Sometimes new features and updates do not work when first rolled out and it takes a while to work the bugs out.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

sales person was more knowledgeable and their price beat the competition

Alex from Medical Practice

Complete Solution with User Suggested Changes

I want to work without as much stress as possible. The ability to communicate with instruments and the quick way of populating fields on subsequent visits when nothing has changed is great. The fact that it prompts you for missing info is helpful.

Pros

There is little it doesn't do. From patient registration, insurances, optical and communications, it's all there. There is so much there, that it can get confusing and unless you use it consistently you may spend time to relearn.

Cons

I believe the way the referral and general communications are done could be improved. The faxing system could be better with a verification of success. There are too many templets and yet just simple letters are difficult. I'm only involved in exams and not optical or billing. I wish there was a really stripped down version that would be less expensive.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

I had used Maximeyes in my previous practice. We out grew that system and switched to Compulink. When I set up a new office, I didn't want to learn a new system. That would have been more stressful.

Scott from Riverside Optical

Needs to be more intuivite

Overall the user experience could be better. The reason we are using Compulink for our optical department is because our existing practice Management/EHR vendor (NextGen Healthcare) has not developed a robust optical component to the software. In all other aspects NextGen has a far superior PM/EHR package when looking at the user experience.

Pros

So far the integration with billing VSP is critical and most important.

Cons

The lens tables are overly complicated and could be better "out of the box." Any changes to these tables is very time consuming. Pulling reports is not user friendly and sometimes the report function you are looking for is not where you would guess it would be- The help function

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

VSP billing integration, lens tables pre-loaded-

Maury from Eyecare Plus Scottsdale

Feature rich Optometry practice software

Mostly great. When I have software issues, they respond quickly and effectively. I have been with Compulink for 10+years. Often, the issues I have with the software are caused by my network issues, not the fault of Compulink.

Pros

It is constantly trying to improve. The tech support is very helpful.

Cons

There are still repeatable inputs that I have to use on every patient that will not auto populate.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Reputation. Also, most optometry schools use this software

Karl from Optometric Eyecare of Rockland, P.C

Great bang for your buck.

The implementation and training was tailored closely to my needs. I felt I received great personal attention from helpful trainers. Having an implementation coordinator is helpful to keep me on track during the entire process.

Pros

The most important aspect of any EHR when I was shopping was its affordability. Compulink was the lowest priced EHR that I could find with most of the features I needed. They also provided me with a no risk feature where I could get a full refund after 12 months of use if I felt that it didn't suit my needs. Also, no contract was required.

Cons

I found the software to be very complicated to use with a steep learning curve. An extensive time commitment is needed to incorporate into practice. Luckily, due to COVID an "shelter in place" I was able to commit regulars blocks of time towards learning the software and setting it up. Unfortunately, I am not able to incorporate contact lens ordering straight from the EHR. Some vision plans are also not compatible with its ability to bill directly from within the software.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

It came down to price. I couldn't afford to risk a large investment not knowing how it would suit my practice. Compulink is hands down the most affordable EHR, in my opinion based on my research, for my needs.

Gwen from Community Eyecare Inc

Makes my day run smooth

Running insurance claims/reminders/statements is a breeze and super fast with the newest upgrade. I can get my job done hours sooner, which opens me up to help the staff or take on additional projects.

Pros

There are so many reports to pick from, it makes my monthly reporting to the doctors very easy. If we have issues, we call/email/or direct message support and we hear from them within an hour.

Cons

Having to pay for a service every month that we may not use is frustrating. I wish they would remove that additional fee every month. Integration was easy, they sent someone to our office to train the staff and then we had a personal trainer to work with if any issues came up.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Compulink was the best on the market when we switched.

Raymond from Eye Physicians of Northampton

Longevity

We implemented electronic medical records many years before it was mandated. I can not imagine going back to paper charts since Compulink in infinitely better. The compulink team has always helped us with any updates or transitions in the software or hardware that we needed to make and they work closely with our IT provider.

Pros

We have been using Compulink Software in our office since 1997. Compulink was been a solid company then and has continued to be one of the best options over the years and that is why they are still around when many others have gone out of business or were taken over by other companies. The software is very customizable which allows the user to adapt it to their way of working rather than having to work the way the software forces you to.

Cons

The software (like most) occasionally has indexing issues that can cause some down time. These can be the result of power outages and backup timing.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

They had a good track record and they had an actual useable product.

steven from Compton and Compton Eyecare

Compulink review

I have been with Compulink since 2004. For the most part I have been very satisfied with the software, the support and the ongoing training.

Pros

The software may be customized in many ways. This makes it highly adaptable to many modes of practice. Each administrator can make the software fit his or her needs.

Cons

No software is perfect and there is always room for improvement. Software development is a much more complex task that most people realize and updates take a while to beta test and implement

Elsa from Golden Optometric

Customizable, all-inclusive software

Compulink is an all-inclusive software that allows us to run all aspects of our business; paperless charts, inventory, financial reports, etc. That being said, the more complex that a system is, the more "glitches" that occur. I understand and accept this. We've been using Compulink since 2012. It would be nice to have a "overview" of what we could be utilizing, doing better (or incorrectly), etc.

Pros

The ability to customize it to suit the needs of our multi-practice/multi-doctor organization.

Cons

The continuous glitches that happen after an update. Makes me reluctant to do the update when it is launched. I also wish that the lens definition table was either updated more frequently or gave us the ability to edit Compulink owned lenses when they are incorrect.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

The ability to customize and how detailed the system is.

josh from Butler Optical

Industry: Medical Devices

A very good product

My overall experience with Compulink has been great. I chose them when i set up my business because of my experience with them from the practice i was in that was closing. I have been using Compulink for 15+ years and its been a really great system.

Pros

The software is very easy and intuitive to pick up and start using. The interface is clear and simple and allows you to work and get done what you need with no distractions.

Cons

The cost of the support contracts seems high. I don't have much need for support but when i have they are very helpful. I was told i could use the software and then pay for support as needed. We set it up but later got a call saying that it was not true and i would still need to pay monthly.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

I chose Compulink when i set up my business because of my experience with them from the practice i was in that was closing. I have been using compulink for 15+ years and its been a really great system.

Joseph from CT Eye Specialistgs

Compulink Advantage Ophthalmic Software

Software has been very stable and reliable. Has improved over the years. Management has been stable. Price increases have been reasonable and not frequent

Pros

The company was and still is run by the head programmer

Cons

Sometimes the default layouts and information are too general- slanged towards its origins in optometry

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Had EHR, Billing and Scheduling all in one. Was ophthalmology specific. Cost was mid level. Was customizable

Ryan from Eye Care Associates of Michiana

Compulink Eyecare Advantage

Pros

In general the product is easy to use. If you are unsure of what to do or where to go in the software, the Help feature allows you the ability to look up key words to get the answer. Their support team is also great to work with. The ability to customize screens and the VSP integration are huge positives for our office too.

Cons

Updates to fix certain bugs often cause other areas of the software, that were working fine, to glitch. The ledger can be confusing and the receipt for the patient is hard to understand for staff and patients. The tables can be a little intimidating at first, but once you understand how they work, it becomes easier.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Compulink was chosen because it was an all-in-one system that has practice management, optical and EHR. Also the fact that it is customizable was a plus for the office.

Shelly from Shelly D. Baker, OD, PC

Compulink EyeCare Advantage Review

We started using the EHR when it was federally mandated and have not looked back since. Overall, we are satisfied with Compulink Software.

Pros

I have used Compulink for over 12 years. I like the ease of use and the ability to customize the screens to fit my needs. Tech support is awesome at calling back and making appointments.

Cons

I feel the price I pay per month for software support is high. My team rarely calls for support so I don't feel like we receive our money's worth every month. Would like a feature to be able to double book on our schedule. Would be nice to have all the bug's worked out of new software updates prior to launching them. It seems like every time we get an update it messes up several things.

Kara from Optical Factory and Showroom, Inc.

Compulink is a great investment.

Pros

We had extremely simple integration from a custom program. Training was a breeze with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!! We're very happy with all aspects of our program.

Cons

we definitely need more specific reports for optical sales. Dispensing and sales reports for each team member would be beneficial.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

cost and ease of implementation.

Laurie from Whitewater Eye Centers

Compulink Review

Overall, experience is good.

Pros

The ease of navigation and training of the system.

Cons

We would like to build reports on the fly.

We did not have time.

Janet from S. Frank Sanchez, O. D.

Compulink Eyecare Advantage

It's a one stop solution. It serves as a product for patient communication as well as patient billing, insurance billing, eligibility and remittance. It also functions as electronic health records.

Pros

Ease of use for all levels of computer users.

Cons

Updates. There are always problems with large updates; however, they also get the problems corrected.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

When we had moments of discontent and looked at other programs we realized that Compulink addressed some things better than the other programs and it wasn't worth the trouble of switching for the few things that another program may do better.

RICHARD from Advanced Eyecare, PC

A Day in the Trenches

We were one of their first customers in the late 80's. Several times we have looked at and reviewed other industry software and keep coming back to Compulink as the best for our situation. As with any software company, you wish the programmers would spend a week in our practice watching us use their product to understand the pitfalls and redundancies they have created that annoy on a daily basis.

Pros

Scalable and customizable. We have multiple offices and have the ability to schedule patients from anywhere to anywhere. There is a robust inventory control section that we use a lot. It is designed specifically for our profession that has lots of uniques facets and needs.

Cons

The web registration feature is cumbersome and not patient friendly. We finally had to go to another solution.

Scalability and customization

Pamela from Gookomis Endaad

EHR

the reporting is awesome. I have been able to run a graph for every aspect of the business that my administrator asks for. There is so many reporting opportunities it is actually difficult to decide which report would work best sometimes.

Pros

posting information in the EHR is quite simple. We were able to design a few templates for unique information gathering. We have gotten help with the templates in a timely manner just as we would have for the compulink owned templates. The only issue is that they are little more difficult in correction if something has not laid out correctly in our own templates. sometimes will need to have a call back but always the representative did work as quickly as possible

Cons

I am uncomfortable with the form design as it is very technical.

James from DuPage Family Eye Care

Overall Very Strong Product

We can better track sales and production and save time with patient online registration to maximize the patient history. The data in and out of Compulink to our refracting system ELIMINATES transcription errors for spectacle prescriptions.

Pros

The EMR is easy to use and integrates well with our pre-testing equipment and automated refracting data. Even the standard, non-customized EMR templates work very will with creating "data norms" to make charting very efficient. I am very pleased with the very detailed online patient registration and health history. It saves a TON of time and allows us to show a very detailed patient history if a record were ever audited by insurance.

Cons

The minutiae of adding spectacle lens products is complicated.

Patty from Gookomis Endaad

Industry: Mental Health Care

Changing over to Compulink's Advantage, Addiction has been a good decision. We now have the opportunity to provide significant reporting on the population we serve and deeper financial outcomes to be used for Quality Improvement.

Our switch from an electronic health record, specifically developed for primary care to Compulink's Advantage Addiction that provides documentation around behavioral health has been a good decision.There are few options available in this service field that is as flexible as Compulink. I look forward to more in-patient treatment facilities coming on board so that a consoritum of users can work together and provide additional support.

Pros

Advantage provides an immediate snapshot of a client for easy lookup and editing. Compulink's Coordinator and Trainer has been readily available to all staff to answer to the issues and any questions that come up, allowing for limited downtime or productivity. I am sure as we gain more experience, our utilization can only improve. I expect that Advantage will provide us with the necessary work process mandated by state statutes and optimal business practices.

Cons

I understand Gookomis Endaad may be the first in-patient treatment facility, which has been somewhat challenging to meet our basic needs. However, Compulink perseveres in modifying the product as we gain more experience. There are also some basic modifications that will be shared for consideration to process billing more efficiently. I would also recommend modifications to the training process. A better initial discussion regarding the implementation timelines in layman's terms would alleviate many of the pressures on the customers side, especially when there is limited IT support.

Ronald from Vestal Eye Care Associates

A great product for those who want quality and are willing and able to learn

Over the past 23 years, Compulink has been a stable framework upon which our practice is built. The software allowed us to integrate medical records (including equipment interfaces), billing, insurance, correspondence, demographics, aspects of human resources and quality measures in one program. During those few times when we had a true emergent situation, Compulink support has always solved the problem quickly.

Pros

We began with Compulink in 1997 when it was in DOS form. Compulink has always been highly customizable, which is important to us. The software is capable of doing nearly anything you would like to do.

Cons

Compulink can be complicated for those who are not tech-savvy.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

At the time (23 years ago), I just had more confidence in Compulink. Honestly, I don't remember the specifics.

Michael from Dr. Michael E. Sandler

Compulink Eyecare Advantage Software

EHR was a subject that seemed to be a hurtle no practice wanted to initiate. This mountain was reduced to a hill which my practice accomplished with their software.

Pros

The ease of use in a busy practice. The conversion of my previous data to Compulink. Great instruction of software online at times convenient to me.

Cons

There were not any dislikes since all of my boxes were checked

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Well organized company with great support and ease of contacting support. I am on the east coast and any of my concerns were addressed at 6 am pacific if needed.

Robb from Ozark Orthopaedic and Hand Surgery Center

Current User

Been able to customize to our practice needs.

Pros

Support and the way reports are able to be produced. Keeps our practice on target.

Cons

The number of clicks to the software in going from application.

Cost and customization

Lowell from Lynette Kline, O.D.

Compulink Eyecare

We've used this package since 2003; their team has stayed up-to-date with industry needs and requirements, the program is comprehensive; when we've had issues and problems their team has been quick to respond and usually satisfying with their solutions

Pros

it offers a lot of functionality and the different modules integrate well one with the other; there is a very active group of Compulink users that share ideas, solutions and seems to work well with Compulink.

Cons

little bugs and glitches here and there; icon design and layout (title bar icons not in the same place in different modules); there's a whole lot of functionality and complexity that our one-doctor rural office doesn't really need

Kamran from Eye Eye Eye

Industry: Medical Devices

So happy

The ease of use and inventory management system and being cloud based are the main reason I use Compulink. Being able to log into the cloud from anywhere has been fantastic. I can make appointments check sales data and view my schedule all from home or anywhere. Having all of the records securely saved in the Compulink Cloud has made the anxiety of backups and crashes disappear.

Pros

Getting up and running was breeze. The implementation team was knowledgeable and always quick to respond with answers to my many questions. Being cloud based is amazing and allows me to be almost anywhere.