What are CounSol.com users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using CounSol.com software through verified user reviews

• icon"I really enjoy it's user friendliness. I love that it can be easily accessed on your phone for notes and any other documentation."
  • icon"I didn't need a lot of integrations in order to run a multi-person practice. I like the colorful icons and plainspeak tabs."
  • icon"I appreciate the ease of access and navigation to all the important pieces of my client's files."
  • icon"No need for notes or documents, just make an appointment and send in the bill. The calendar is very clunky and hard to use."
  • icon"They also do have a tendency to feel confused about the many features available to them and some need a walk through in the beginning."
  • icon"I have trouble with the app when it comes to scheduling appointments."

Browse all CounSol.com Reviews

• Have you used CounSol.com and would like to share your experience with others?

March 2022

Great EHR for private practice!

Jessica

Small Group Private Practice LIFESAVER

Overall, I am staying with CounSol. It allows me to have a virtually paperless practice and automates things that save me both time and money such as self scheduling and appointment reminders. My client report they like the portal and find it relatively easy to use. Although it is customizable, it again is not the prettiest looking thing, although I haven't had any client complaints about this.

Pros

I love almost everything about CounSol! I used it when I was a solo practitioner and have continued as my company has grown into a group practice. What I like: - Electronic intake forms as well as all other forms - FULLY customizable forms including progress notes - Client self scheduling/ Client portal - Online payments - Calendar sync with phone - Secure messaging- staff and clients - Quick claim submission and ERA reconciliation - Customer service- its amazing really!! - Generally accurate monthly payment reports - Appointment reminders via text, email and phone - I also love that they don't tack on costs for features- it is included in the plan you pick!

Cons

I have been with CounSol long enough that I have been able to see them grow, including them implementing suggestions I have personally made for the EHR. That said there are a few things I still don't like: - the interface itself is not as pretty as some of the other ones out there - there can be a lot of button clicking sometimes (this has improved) - my staff report they do not find it intuitive to use - the way the payment report screen handles refunds (however, if you know how it does, then it is easy to account for- just more button clicking) - Use of Office Ally for clearinghouse, but bc of changes on the part of Office Ally not CounSol - They don't have an app and I dislike the mobile view - Not a monthly all clinician view calendar, but there is a weekly one, but it doesn't show openings, just booked appointments

Reasons for choosing CounSol.com

CounSol has the features I need to be truly paperless, has secure messaging and doesn't add on costs for features!

Tammy

Tammy's Review of CounSol.com

Pros

Overall this has been a great product to help with the backend of my private practice in keeping track of income and number of sessions. It provides texts, emails and alerts for scheduling which is invaluable to keeping appointments full and it provides professional looking invoices for clients to use for out of pocket reimbursement. I also like that client credit cards are stored in the system for ease of payment.

Cons

As I am using this to manage my entire practice, I think it would be beneficial to have a more robust reporting options with regard to the financial features. It would be nice to be able to print out sales by month, quarter or year. If there is this mechanism in place already, I have not found it. It would also be helpful to have a smart feature when typing notes into the system that autocorrects. It is frustrating to be typing a word in and the system does not recognize it to give suggestions for the correct way to spell the word. When client's credit card expires, it is a pain that a new card has to be keyed into the system, that a simple expiration change can not be done instead, as most keep the same credit card number.

Reasons for choosing CounSol.com

I was testing CounSol.com in March of 2020 because it had an online tele-health feature when covid hit. Because everything switched to remote, I was ready to meet with clients online because the feature was already a part of the program. So I decided to stick with CounSol.com and feel it has been a good decision for my company.

Rachel

Lots of positives and can be a much better product with changes

My notes are getting done quicker bc it's easier to get them done, I've realized although it's cheaper and there are some features that are better than my old product, it's not as professional as my old product and doesn't offer as many resources for measures that I would use as a LCSW

Pros

The invoice feature, the ease of calendar, birthday emails,

Cons

The intake measures aren't pulled into the initial intake note. This doesn't create a professional looking intake note like the other system I used. No ability to write a formal short note about a phone session, or missed sessions when you void the invoice you can't document it. Can't send attachments in an email via this site that I don't want to make available to all clients. The billing feature pages are very confusing and can be very overwhelming. The measures offered are limited and personally I don't want to have to input them and/or recreate them and it doesn't allow me to send specific measures to individual clients. It's like a one size fits all with this product.

Reasons for switching to CounSol.com

Valant was costly however it's definitely worth it for many of the features that I would like for my profession although the ease of CounSol in certain aspects is better. Would really like it if CounSol could step it up and become more competitive with the professionalism of intakes, measures and notes as Valant.

Karen

Software that Streamlines Mental Health Practice

Any time I've had a question or problem I've contacted my account manager and he has responded immediately. Customer service is excellent.

Pros

This software sends appointment reminders, has helped me organize client information, file insurance claims and collect practice data (like number of monthly sessions, monthly income taken in, etc.) It has a nice, clean layout and offers many customization options.

Cons

It was a little challenging learning how to use the billing features, but there would be a learning curve for this with any practice software.

Reasons for choosing CounSol.com

Some of the others seemed more geared to a medical practice than mental health.

Reasons for switching to CounSol.com

At the time, Therapy Appointment had some clumsy features, but I can't remember the details.

dee

Great product for bililng but not so great for clinicians

It has its pluses but the minuses tend to outweigh its good points. I am still on the fence as to whether this was a good move. Only time will tell.

Pros

Its ability to protect client data but allowing us to invoice, send claims, use telehealth, communicate electronically, and chat. Great for getting documents signed and completed. Great for creating new clients as the system is user friendly (outside of very small font).

Cons

It is made for one type of bill... outpatient therapy sessions (90832,90835, 90837). Things like, crisis, client contact, groups, case management, peer support specialists, and prescribers, are no billable due to the documents that are tied to invoices/ claims. It also allows you to bill without regard as to whether the appointment actually happened or not. No need for notes or documents, just make an appointment and send in the bill. The calendar is very clunky and hard to use. The font is extremely small with no way to make it bigger. There is no ability to do groups/ couples treatment unless everyone is piled up under the same webcam (so much for 6 feet). It is very difficult to make appointments. There is no way to edit an appointment after it has been made either... it has to be canceled. There is an overlord of your account who has to help you do most everything.

Reasons for choosing CounSol.com

It had the features we needed to make our business work better.

Reasons for switching to CounSol.com

The EHR is very user friendly but has few billing features. We couldn't send clients invoices causing HIPAA issues. We needed a reliable telehealth platform. We needed a better way to get clients to sign/ complete intake documents. and we needed a more developed billing program to keep a budget for our company.

Claribel

Always Evolving

I really enjoy the customer service overall the software is good and the price is more reasonable than other EHR. They are always open to feedback and make changes based on it. However there are issues that are more annoying than a complete deal breaker, has to do with software rigidity such as invoices you can't customize.

Pros

Ease of use, client portal, customizable client forms, responsive account rep and support, they listen to feedback and are constantly upgrading and improving.

Cons

I don't care for the visuals of the invoices. They don't have a remittance tear off portion. Limited reports and customization of reports, you have to contact two Everytime you want to add more people, they do not do debit from checking and you have to have a credit card on file, the statements could be better cannot customize this. You must enter Co pays it deductibles in order to display accurate amounts owed. This is a problem if you are a solo practice because you have to check each insurance. No lower costs for interns like they have in the other EHR.

Reasons for choosing CounSol.com

Cost and it was the only one that offered integrated video at the time

Kaleigh

Easy to use EHR

Overall, I think this is a great EHR and I recommend it to lots of clinicians. It is easy to learn and easy to use, and I get good feedback from both clients and clinicians that they like the features.

Pros

I really like the integration with Office Ally and Square, which makes billing and taking payments easy. I also find it really simple to write notes and schedule, and I appreciate having everything in one place (client portal, records, payments, billing, etc.). Also the customer service is excellent. My account manager is always very responsive and easy to work with.

Cons

I do wish there was more ability to customize some of the options to my practice, like notes and supervisor reviews. I also wish that the client portal would allow for simpler options for sending forms to clients. It can be a little complex having to make your own "internal forms" and figure out how to make them work for a group practice.

Reasons for choosing CounSol.com

Cost, ease of integrating billing and client portal, customer service has been really helpful.

Catherine

February 2022

Just switched to CounSol and so glad I did!

Fantastic customer service and a well-developed EHR system. They have been so easy to work with and helpful every time I had a question. I feel like they genuinely care about their customer base.

Pros

CounSol is amazing. It's easy to use and understand. I have a personal account manager assigned to handle all inquiries I might have and he is quick with his responses. I love the CounSol calendar and the intake forms I was able to easily build. Set up didn't take me long at all and my account manager was there to help me every step of the way, which is not true of my previous EHR provider. I appreciate the appointment reminders feature being included. They also offer tiered pricing that is competitive. They have options for every practice size which is super helpful!

Cons

I thought the appearance of it was outdated looking at first, but honestly it works better than my previous EHR. I like it so much better. While the "look" might throw some people off like it did me, I am so glad I gave it a chance. I have no complaints about this software.

Reasons for switching to CounSol.com

I made the switch because SimplePractice had a major price increase while taking away key, basic features. I would have had to pay significantly more per month ($30 or $60) to keep the features I had before while also losing some features. I started a free trial with CounSol and wish I had made the switch sooner. CounSol offers more bang for your buck, significantly better customer service, and they honor their word!

Davi

February 2022

Everything you need for your private practice in one platform!

Pros

What is so great about CounSol is that everything you need for electronic medical records, billing and overall practice management can be found in this platform. It has been very user friendly to set up and clients can access anything they need from forms, handouts and superbills.

Cons

I needed plenty of time to set up a description of services offered as well as establishing the platform and billing third parties. But I was provided with support for these matters and once it is set up, it is very easy to use and modify as needed.

Reasons for choosing CounSol.com

The free trail allowed me time to acclimate and discover the variety of options offered at CounSol. I was pleasantly surprised by the customer service and help that was available to me as I got started.

Kylin

March 2022

A solid EHR

Very positive!

Pros

The ease of use and set up, as well as the intuitive process, makes it easy to use and helpful. I also like how customizable it is. The customer service is stellar!

Cons

The interface looks a little clunky, although it isn't.

Amanda

May 2022

Excellent program and customer service!!!!

The program works amazingly, and I have referred several colleagues already, but the customer service is outstanding as well. I am certain you can find programs that do comparable things, but you will not find another program that has customer service like Counsol.com. I could not have done this on my own with the new learner curves I had just going out on my own in new practice without the help of Jonathan, my support person with Counsol.com. So, between the ease of the program, all the time this program saves me to actually enjoy my free time again as sole provider and owner of my practice and the absolute outstanding customer service, I highly recommend this program to anyone in field!

Pros

For someone who runs their own practice by themselves, this has made my job so much easier!!! It's like having a secretary without having one and has given me my free time back to actually enjoy my days off. The clients being able to schedule themselves and connecting my ERA's and Square one accounts is amazing. In just a few short clicks of the mouse, all my payments are registered, it's fantastic. As well as the clients being able to access the portal and enter all their own information makes setting up new clients so much easier!

Cons

Nothing, except I wish I would have started with this program versus having to transfer all my clients two years into my practice.

Reasons for choosing CounSol.com

Customer Service was way better with Counsol.com and I like the ease of use better with Counsol.com

Reasons for switching to CounSol.com

Therabill was not user friendly for appointments, scheduling, paperwork etc. and it was also way overpriced for not being user friendly and somewhat archaic.

Heather

February 2022

Does really well in some areas but is lacking in others

Overall, CounSol is not an inferior product, however it has not met my needs in the way I have been looking for and I am considering switching. They have been able to change small features for me (adding time zone to text reminders, for example), but the other features I really need are not in the works to be added, and it's making the process of documentation and managing my practice more complicated than I would prefer.

Pros

The support is superb, as you are assigned your own account rep when you create your account, and I don't think I have ever waited longer than a few hours for a response. I love that the client portal is customizable, and that CounSol offers custom templates. The color coding on the calendar is also great.

Cons

I wish the custom forms had more customization. There's no ability to change font size, make bullet points, or format the text in many ways. The question types are good but there are a few that are missing, as well as a few options within the question types that are available (box opening up when 'other' is selected, for example.) There is no way to add two separate people with separate emails to the client portal, making it difficult to work with minors that have divorced parents/guardians. I wish the appointment reminders were customizable. The platform in general is easy to use once you get the hang of it, but there is definitely a learning curve involved.

Price, support, and features

Reasons for switching to CounSol.com

I was unhappy with the support with SP.

Pamela

February 2022

Best customer service and offers everything you need to run a private practice

I have been using Counsol for over 5 years and I use to have Therapynotes which for the same features is much more expensive.

Pros

Counsel provides scheduling and notifications which minimizes no shows; best customer service (thanks Jonathan!) who responds within the same day, usually within the hour. It handles my payments and collections and the client portal allows for interactions with my clients. There is so much that helps me run my practice smoothly - including video sessions.

Cons

I think the video sessions can be better - Zoom is better but not HIPAA compliant unless you purchase the higher package.

Better customer service

Others were more expensive

Heather

Industry: Mental Health Care

The EMR that does it all.

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] assisted in transfer of data and help setting up initial forms and guidance and support since. Overall I have had an amazing experience and enjoy working with the software.

Pros

This program is amazing. I switched from another software a little over 2 years ago. The developers and customer service is supportive and willing to add features as needed. Forms are customizable and features are well rounded to cover all bases of my therapy practice. The help feature assists in keeping someone from having to call and ask for support and is detailed with pictures to guide. I love that I can share documents and notes with clients to prevent having to print and send out records and assists with collaborative care.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. Most of the features I would like added I submit a request and developers add the features.

Cost and features.

Reasons for switching to CounSol.com

Cost and lack of needs being met.

Tammy

Industry: Mental Health Care

This is THE Software for Clinical Social Workers and Therapists!

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] is our account manager and he has been absolutely amazing! I remember being on the phone with him and I noticed that it was past his shift, but he continued working with me regardless. He almost always answers his phone when I call. If he doesn't (which is rare), he calls me back pretty quickly. In addition, he responds to emails pretty quickly. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] had no problem rolling up his sleeves when I needed assistance with adding forms to the system. This was a HUGE help! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is an easy going guy who takes time looking into questions that pop up. YOU ROCK [SENSITIVE CONTENT]! Thanks for all you do!!!

Pros

I love the little help pop-ups. The system is very user-friendly. But, if I have a question about a feature/function, the help pop-up typically gives me the help I need. The software team obviously put a lot of thought into developing this software because it fits perfectly into our workflow.

Cons

There's a lot manual work involved when migrating from another system. But, it's clearly worth it.

Reasons for choosing CounSol.com

The provider client loves that CounSol offers the Wiley Template library. The admin staff loves the ease of use.

Reasons for switching to CounSol.com

SimplePractice has no business categorizing itself as an EMR or practice management system. It is seriously lacking a lot of basic functionality; and support is essentially nonexistent. In addition, they make it very difficult to migrate to another system, in an effort to force clients to stay with them. It's rather sad because if our needs were to change, we would NEVER consider going back to SP!

Response from CounSol.com

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our service. We are so glad you are enjoying the service and support offered by your account manager. We look forward to working with you for many years to come. Thanks for all that you do!

Replied March 2022

Annecy

Highly recommended

My overall experience with Counsol.com has been positive, they have more features than any other management system, there is flexibility to create your own forms, you can upload pdfs for your clients to support them in between sessions, they can use the journal feature and share with the therapist, and it is user friendly, plus they have great support.

Pros

My overall experience with Counsol.com has been positive, they have more features than any other management system I know, and I have tried several of them. There is flexibility to create your own forms, you can upload pdfs for your clients to support them in between sessions, they can use the journal feature and share with the therapist, and it is a user-friendly softwar, plus they have great support. I also appreciate that they are always looking for user feedback to improve their service, and they are responsive to our recommendations. In addition, they share new features with us in their newsletter so that we are never lost. Overall, all other features are excellent, from the biopsychosocial both the short and long-form, treatment planner, and the new integrative feature of therascribe, that is a real plus. Lastly, creating a bill or invoice is also pretty easy. I deeply appreciate all of the hard work that goes on in continously improving this service, and the support they provide. I highly recommend Counsol.com.

Cons

The scheduling of appointments can be a little user-friendly, but then I learned the trick. I think having little videos on different features may help the user. The visual interface can be upgraded more modernized. I would not publicize this, but Therapynotes has a beautiful interface and a very easy-to-use scheduling system, but I prefer the flexibility of features provided by Counsol.com. Such an amazing software, but the telemental health feature needed updating. I stopped using it in favor of Doxyme and Zoom.

Reasons for switching to CounSol.com

I had used others before switching to Counsol, then I switched to TherapyNotes because of the following reasons: 1. The interface, visually it was not modern enough, a little boring. https://www.therapynotes.com/ but they have a beautiful interface, very modern, clean, and appealing. I like that they have a to do list 2. The scheduling software is still a problem, too many steps to create a schedule and it is so frustrating. I still don't get it. TherapyNotes allowed me to create an appointment immediately. 3. Therapy notes also kept track of my to-dos for every client. 4. Therapy notes had lots of features that I really appreciated, yet I liked to create my own notes and none of the other software allows us to do this and if they did, which they promised they would, they wanted to charge for the feature. I then switched back to Counsol.com. 5. Another software also had an app that simplified things for me when I needed the info on a client. I loved that feature.

Anisha

User Friendly!

CounSol.com is very practical and convenient for everyday use for your counseling practice. It helps with your billing, scheduling, notes, online video HIPPA Compliant Portal Services all at an affordable price!

Pros

I have been using CounSol.com for my private practice for over 4 years now and I have been very happy with their services and features it has to offer. The set up is easy and my account manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been very responsive to my needs. Since last year I had to start offering counseling virtually, it was a huge relief that their platform is HIPPA Compliant and it was easy to add that feature on the account and yet kept my monthly operational costs reasonable. I use the scheduler daily to manage my practice with appointment reminders going out regularly, user friendly for most of my clients and good video connectivity. I would highly recommend it for your practice!

Cons

What I like the least about CounSol.com is that sometimes I have clients who have a challenge Logging Into the portal as it is not best supported on other browsers such as Firefox or Safari. Not everyone has Google Chrome browser, so for some clients it is inconvenient to have to switch to Chrome on their device to access the video session on the portal.

Reasons for choosing CounSol.com

CounSol.com was more affordable for all the features I needed to grow and maintain my private practice! Using a HIPPA Complaint Virtual Portal to my clients was a very important feature it offers at an affordable price for my private practice!

Jen

Best Value and Most Comprehensive

This software makes my solo practice so much easier! I can set reminders for myself, create and check off items on a task list; there are automatic (if desired) session reminders for clients, and client payment information is saved (still meeting HIPPAA compliance as the number is protected, but I don't need to ask for payment from the client every time, I just click to charge the card after the client leaves and have the client sign permission for this to be done for future sessions at the intake appointment!), I can set my own availability on the calendar including blocking time for personal appointments in order to avoid double booking or scheduling sessions when I will be out of the office. I did listen to webinars regarding features of 3-4 plans before choosing Counsol. Once I started with Counsol over 2 years ago, when opening my private practice, I never looked back.

Pros

1) The best feature is definitely the individual tech support! I hear back quickly (same day within a few hours . . . or for faster service I can call but no need for me!) and have been given options to suit my needs, even if not a typical feature at the time. 2) I also love how the CMS-1500 forms are auto-populated if information was previously saved once for clients insurance and session code CPT code was put in (also can be automatic by session type chosen if session presets are made). I can also print directly onto a CMS 1500 form!

Cons

2) I see kids at schools (contract with the local school district) so I wish there were a session option to choose on Counsol that matches each location option listed on the CMS-1500 form .

Reasons for choosing CounSol.com

More features, dedicated tech support, customizable forms, ability to have electronic version of standard and my own intake forms (perfect for telehealth!!), specifically for behavioral health treatment providers!

Julia

Industry: Mental Health Care

online scheduling, HIPAA compliant email, billing

It's been very useful... my clients prefer fullslate, but it wasn't HIPAA compliant. I use it on my phone multiple times a day.

Pros

most online schedulers for therapists make it very hard for clients to see all the available slots and choose one that is best for them. Some of the more expensive and highly regarded ones are the worst. Clients have to toggle back and forth and go through 4-10 pages to see which days have openings and what times. They need to write it all down on a piece of paper (!) to choose the optimal one. I was used to the ease of FullSlate (which I recomend if you don't need to be HIPAA compliant) so I carefully reviewed all options. Counsol offers my clients and new clients a monthly view. They can see that i have weds at 8 am and Fridays at 10 and at 3.... one click! This cuts down on me spending time talking to new clients only to discover they aren't free those times... It gets me clients who are decisive and it is me respecting their time. Counsol does much better than FullSlate at syncing with gmail, and it is full service (email, notes, billing, etc), and the customer service is the best I've ever had from a company.

Cons

I wish it offered a sign up list for cancellations for my clients. So for clients who want to see me, but don't have an appointment, that they can get notified if there is an opening.

Reasons for choosing CounSol.com

best online scheduler for clients, best customer service, gcal sync

Reasons for switching to CounSol.com

Simple Practice didn't have a good calendar for my clients.

Maritza

Mostly Satified

My overall experience has been awesome.

Pros

I love the ease and the features. I like biopsychsocial but wish it was more oriented to an intake—so w more places for the counselor to enter info during intake. I love the fact that I can attach docs to the clients file, but I dont like that there is another area for attachments and my attachments do not show up there. Thats confusing. Same w Notes. I love the fact that I can run some reports, but I cannot run reports for end of year taxes, like monthly or annual income.

Cons

I wish it offered HIPAA compliant phones and website design. I wish it offered referral to counselor legal representation and a forum for legal questions to b answered by state. I dont like the video conference tool—it works sometimes, audio is spotty, very blurry, and doesnt work at all when ur on the road. I wish [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was nicer and more interested in my issues. I call him so little, but when I do, I always feel like Im bothering him. I wish there were resource materials on the platform, like DSMs and intervention recommendations, worksheets, videos, and articles for specific disorders and issues (like therapistaid.com) I wish CounSol offered virtual offices, virtual assistants, and virtual HR products. I wish CounSol offered recommendations for memberships w associations like APA, SIOP, and others. I wish that CounSol was a one-stop shop for counselors.

Reasons for choosing CounSol.com

When I was in supervision, I believe my supervisor considered therapy notes, but decided that CounSol would ultimately b best fit for us. I stayed w the product.

Alice

Satisfied Customer

The support team is always very helpful and responds promptly.

Pros

I appreciate that this software allows me to do all the many aspects of my business. As a mental health provider I also offer supervision, consultations, and trainings. This software allows me to consolidate all the aspects of my business into one platform.

Cons

Some of the features could use some updating. For example, when I click on a client and 1 area of the client, I have to go through the whole process again to locate another aspect of the client record (e.g. find the client, then find what I need). I'm sure there could be a more efficient way.

Reasons for choosing CounSol.com

The other two options I looked at did not allow for me to have other kinds of 'clients' (i.e. supervision, consultation) Their calendar were only set up for mental health patients.

Reasons for switching to CounSol.com

I could never get customer service on the phone and their system kept losing some of my records.

Stephanie

One of the BEST!

Would still be with them if we didn't need E-prescribe. We brought in a nurse practitioner and needed to be able to document this information. I love them and would recommend any new start up company to try their services!

Pros

User friendly interface; client portal easy to use; video capabilities; email and text reminders are standard not extra; staff and biller use is standard; contract is month-to-month and so many other good features! They provide more than one merchant servicer. We used Square and we had no problems. The success coach is amazing always available to assist.

Cons

Billing piece can be a little tricky but not too much that they won't help you with it. You will learn a lot about billing using their system.

Reasons for choosing CounSol.com

Pricing, excellent customer care, features and the ease of the client portal. It matters about the flow for the clients end as well!

Reasons for switching to CounSol.com

Business was growing and CounSol had the perfect package at the time! Yellow Schedule only helped with scheduling and we wanted to get away from paper notes.

Amy

Excellent Customer Service but Things Need to be Improved

I am staying because it is very difficult to leave and learn a new system. Over the past 5 years, I have tried 4 and this one had the least awful things about it. However, there are several key things that really need to be improved in the accounting system that are not getting addressed and I have brought them up multiple times. There is no good reason for invoices to have different balances depending on which screen you are looking at. I have used them exclusively for 2 years and I have yet to get all of my client accounts to balance out. This is frustrating. I also keep a separate spreadsheet because I do not find the system to be 100% reliable.

Pros

Scheduling works well. Most of my clients are technologically savvy and can schedule themselves. I also appreciate that I have a very knowledgeable, helpful, accessible, dedicated account manager. The help is not delivered through a bot or to a team where you receive minimal assistance, like some of the top rated software companies provide.

Cons

The accounting portion of this software is very difficult to use. There are hidden payments and transactions that you have to go hunting for and sometimes, invoice amounts can appear different on different screens. I cannot begin to count the number of hours I have labored over the accounts, trying to get them to balance.

Reasons for choosing CounSol.com

Simple Practice had problems, too, with syncing calendars. I tried them before I used Theranest. They also charged for every text/email reminder.

Reasons for switching to CounSol.com

Theranest caused double booking. I believe this happened because I had an assistant logging in from another state and this caused problems, using different servers. I had it synced with Google Calendar and I would have sessions show in Google Calendar that didn't show in Theranest. They insisted this wasn't possible, but it was definitely happening. Because Theranest charges you for the number of clients you have, I was financially penalized for having lots of family clients and couples.

Amy

Industry: Mental Health Care

Everything you need for your private practice EHR

This program allowed me to go completely online and paperless. I had no billing experience, and was able to learn how to bill in minutes a week and track claims easily - saving me a lot of money in lost time as well as lost payments. The electronic record is great and can be downloaded with a password if you need to send records to someone.

Pros

Counsol is the most complete, user friendly and affordable EHR I found available, created for the therapist who is also does billing, instead of expecting you to have a separate billing dept. You can do everything, from clients filling out intake forms, scheduling, appt. reminders, video sessions, and it integrates with the billing invoices for easy submission. All the forms, notes, treatment plans and ability to upload any documents you need is right there for every client. Plus the cost is flat rate, no hidden extra fees for anything and will never go up.

Cons

Over the years, as I have found I needed something, the Counsol team has worked to add and integrate it to the program. For instance, now the client can upload insurance cards, and send attachments, but not yet their picture ID, so there is a little room for improvement. There is no app, but the site does work on phones, its's just not as smooth as it could be. The internal email is HIPAA compliant, but the client has to be logged in.

Reasons for choosing CounSol.com

I looked at a bunch of different programs, and found Counsol had it all, at the best price and needed no special training to use it.

Reasons for switching to CounSol.com

Therapy notes did not have the features I needed when I switched, and they were not adding features at that time. Plus they have extra small charges for all sorts of "extras" which can really add up over the month!

CounSol.com