All DrChrono Reviews

Reviewed August 2021

DrChrono

Mike

Reviewed May 2018

Love the program. I had all my charts shredded--15 years worth.

chart elimination, eas of use, efficiency

PROS

Now I have all patient data in my small ipad. DrChrono is an efficient and easy program to use. NAd they have very good customer support. Just imagine eliminating all your paper charts!!

CONS

I have to pay for it. LOL. I have no negative comments to make about this great program.

Karolyn

Reviewed December 2019

DrChrono Software Review

Positive.

PROS

The ease of use, the numerous videos that provided tutorials, the excellent support and customer service provided by DrChrono's team.

CONS

Have yet to build in telemedicine portal, for example doxy.me, into their platform. That's the only missing piece.

Reasons for switching to DrChrono

Have used Epic for 10+ years and was looking for HIPPA compliant software for patient medical records that could be accessed easily by any device, used remotely by my team for patient care daily, accessed easily by my patients via patient portal, was easy to learn how to use with training support, and most importantly that provided excellent customer service. Their team also provides billing services if needed. Easy to use during telemedicine visits. Have enjoyed all the reports it can generate as well.

We are glad to hear that you enjoy our platform Karolyn!

Replied January 2020

Richard

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed April 2024

BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE!

DrChrono is the most morally corrupt company that I have every worked with! These people do not care about you or your business. They do care about taking every penny they possibly can from you. In my opinion, these are that absolute worst kind of people on the planet! They are everything that is wrong with the world. If I could give them a negative 1 million, I would. Let me save you a lot of time, money and frustration by learning from my experience and go with a different company! Run, don't walk away from DRchrono and don't be fooled by a nice sounding person on the other end of the line. These people are TERRIBLE!

PROS

The company itself is such a disaster to work with that it would matter if these guys could cure cancer, I still wouldn't work with them. They are the bottom of the barrel of humanity. Utterly disgusting people.

CONS

The company itself. The staff, the managers and most likely all the way to the top. I dont know how they sleep at night. Every employee ought to be ashamed to work for such a dishonest company!

Patricia

Reviewed October 2020

Customer Service and Ease of Use is Unmatched

The billing service is very good and efficient. They have made collections much easier

PROS

The ease of use of the program. It makes sense

CONS

There were no cons that I have experienced

Reason for choosing DrChrono

Liked their product secretions and services to make my life smoother and less

Reasons for switching to DrChrono

Their billing and customer service was very poor

Joseline

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Dr. Chrono has been my favorite EMR of all time

LOVED the EMR Absolutely can not financially sustain the money we are loosing to billing not able to collect. However, if I had any say in this I would simply figure out a different billing system - and make this work but it's just not up to me. Please feel free to contact me if you ever need a sales person for South Texas/San Antonio area at [sensitive content hidden]; cell phone in US is [sensitive content hidden].

PROS

I absolutely love charting, creating shortcuts for patient education, sending prescriptions and reviewing my patient's medical history.

CONS

Medical billing has to go. We are not making any money at all using this system because the billers just are not understanding the health insurance companies pay out their medical claims. And so until the billers are located here in the US with prior experience in collecting claims from our insurance companies - Dr. Chrono will not be sustainable.

Reasons for switching to DrChrono

not financially sustainable Thank you for allowing me to give an honest review. I really don't want to switch but it's up to my boss. Please call me if you ever need a sales rep and if you need any other business advice. Joseline Borchardt, CPNP cell in USA: [sensitive content hidden]. email: [sensitive content hidden]

Hi Joseline, thank you so much for your review! We are so glad to hear you've had a positive experience. We are happy to chat with you about your billing experience to help create more efficiency as well. Please let us know how we can help!

Replied April 2024

Shahla

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Slow speed and poor Customer service

Very Unpleasant. There are no consequences of their flaws even though we have bear financial cost of their system slowing down in the middle of a very busy day.

PROS

I really liked DC when I first got it in 2018. For the past 2 years, it has become a nightmare. My only problem is that I have no many notes and medical records that I can’t change EHR easily otherwise I would do it today. Highly unreliable and too expensive for poor quality.

CONS

Their abrupt slow speed in the middle of a busy day when our whole medical business comes to a stand still. It has caused us thousands of dollars loss as providers were unable to see patients but we still had to pay them for their time.

Reasons for switching to DrChrono

Valant didn’t have the billing integrated in it. I highly regret it and I want to go back to Valant again.

Hi Shahla, We appreciate you writing in and understand your frustration with the downtime we have recently experienced. We sincerely apologize for the impact this has had on your practice. Our team has been working diligently to mitigate these issues and has a solution in place. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions - we appreciate your business!

Replied April 2024

Abbey

Reviewed August 2018

overall worth it

We have been using drchrono for over 5 years, we have recently added the billing feature and it is working out great. We love it.

PROS

The software is user friendly and definitely laid out and user friendly like an apple user would expect. The final document is polished around the edges like a mac user would expect. Clean, crisp and user friendly.

CONS

If you do have a problem or a question that requires customer support there is no phone number to call and get immediate help. You have to submit a ticket and wait for them to get back to you. The turn around is usually 24 hours, and if you are not available when they call they leave a number to call them back on. The number then becomes inactive after about 1 month, So you cant keep the number and call in later with a new question.

Kourosh

Reviewed April 2022

Bad Product, Bad Support, Bad Outcome

Horrible. My practice is in shambles as a result of this company's misrepresentations. Yet even knowing this the 45 minute talk I had with their director of sales did not include any apologies or remorse for their tactics. It was one of the infallibles shrugging off any responsibility as he looked proudly down upon the sheep. "It's your ex wife not your new one" he said!

PROS

Bells and Whistles looked good and promising for tele health visits and specific customization. Again, a beautiful building set on a faulty foundation.

CONS

In their fervor to make a sale they tell you that you are perfectly fine importing data from your last EMR and ready to go on day 1. After the sale they tell you that they can not predict how the upload will go and you may not have some of your data. In our case, we did not have any of the data! Imagine manually re-entering the data from the last 20 years. Run! Run! Run!

Reasons for switching to DrChrono

Because I was dazzled by the bells and whistles. I thought patients filling out their own information would be a plus and the video chat option also seemed enticing. However, when you are stuck trying to figure out which one of the medications you have prescribed a patient over the past 20 years is new and which one is old and half the medications were imported as compounded, ... then you go back to the basics and appreciate them more!

Reviewed May 2018

Easy to use and staff is very friendly. :)

Gaining great clients and having the honor to work with such a friendly team. This software makes not only my life easier but everyone else's and I just cant help to spread the word.

PROS

Easy navigation, excellent customer service! The team is always finding ways to make keep customers happy while providing excellent customer service. Also, problem solving skills are A +++. Following up on matters are also handled in a timely manner as well. I can definitely say they are on top of things. I always reefer new clients or practices to them as I know they hae a great reputation and awesome people skills.

CONS

No Cons here. But there is always room for improvement. If i can say one thing regarding improving I can say perhaps follow up speeds? Even though they are awesome at following up already. Every time I called to reach out or they followed up first I can definitely picture the friendly person i'm talking to has a huge smile on their face which is not really a con but I wanted to just throw that out there . :)

Reviewed January 2019

DrChrono Software

Overall, it has greatly improved the way I run my practice and I don't even use all of the options.

PROS

The billing software is easy to use and has made in house billing much easier. Once you have your macros and templates setup they are very user friendly on iPad.

CONS

There are some slow times. Customer support is not available by phone, but they do get back to you promptly.

Louis

Hospital & Health Care, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2020

Buyer Beware!

I find their business practices shady, customer service says they will respond within 24 hours, which usually took 2-3 days. The business side doesn't care about their customer, they just want your money.

PROS

I thought the scheduling was the easiest part of Dr.Chrono, but that doesn't compare to how money-hungry the company is.

CONS

Prospective customers should know that while it is state law that the doctor maintain the records for a certain number of years, that if you decide, like I did, to leave DrChrono, they refuse to give you future access to any of your medical records. Once my subscription expired they locked me out of the entire system. There was no way to look up any record that I had written. When I mentioned this to the account rep that by law we are required to maintain record for a minimum of 7-10 years he said “you just have to sign up for another year, and pay in full, if you want access to your records, otherwise you are locked out of all of it." I find this practice, along with many of the DrChrono business practices, very suspect. They use ’strong-arming’ techniques to get you to sign their contract. Once you have a signed contract they can ‘at-will’ raise your subscription price. As the rep told me “our board of directors want to see more revenue coming in so they have decided the new prices, and they take place immediately.” They promise you iPads and discounts on your subscription in exchange for reviews, testimonials, and referrals. When you give them the aforementioned review—as I did above—and referrals they claim you didn’t give the referral or review (even though you have to provide them the link to the online published review) so that they don’t have to provide the promised iPad or subscription discount. This company operates on a bait-and-switch policy. Stay away! Dr. Loui

Reason for choosing DrChrono

I left Dr.Chrono for Jane App and Jane has been a wonderful experience.

Reviewed December 2020

Do not use this software product

I purchased this software for my primary care practice, the features seemed to fit very well. After eight months, and $10,000 paid, I have no product. After paying over $5000 to my existing software product to package the data onto a thumb drive, they were never able to extract the data. The TechTeam was clearly inept, inexperienced, and woefully lacking in training, experience, or knowledge. Countless hours and a small fortune, they were not able to put my data into their system. I contacted my current software vendor, Quest Quanum, and it seems the data extraction problem was unique to Dr. Chrono. They strung me along for several months, while I was paying monthly fees in anticipation of getting a new EHR software, without any real transparency. Now they are demanding all the money for the two-year contract. When I stopped payments and demanded my money back, they told me that they had hired a third-party for data extraction but it would cost me more money.

PROS

Integrated fax, calendar, messaging, all needed functions of the office and the health record combined into one software

CONS

Very poor customer support, and lack of knowledge by support teams

Reason for choosing DrChrono

On the surface the integration of multiple platforms seemed to be very good.

Reasons for switching to DrChrono

Needed integration of multiple platforms (EHR, fax, messaging, calendar)

Hamid

Reviewed May 2019

Spiraling down

I think DrChrono needs to get their act together and address critical issues. To constantly asking customers to add "suggestions" in the "community" page as a deterrence from addressing real problem gets old.

PROS

It is 100% cloud based and ability to use iPAD

CONS

After DrChrono 10 years of service, you'd expect certain abilities to be fully functional. - Filing claims is a nightmare. Every time we load up the CPT codes, i get ERROR SAVING and then we have to start all over again. We spent the last 6 months asking for resolution, no luck. They say we are the only one who has that problem. It is cloud based, not sure why it would be on end when 4 different computers in 3 different zip codes give the same error. Every claim has to be redone over and over before we get through. - They don't have any trouble charging the credit card monthly, but we have asked to speak to a manager numerous times, and six month later, we still don't seem to get one to call us back. - When you batch a claim before SUBMITTING to insurance, the CASH patients are mixed with the insurance ones, making it exhausting to filter through one by one. They don't have the ability to separate the two. Other EHRs we used didn't have that issue. - They don't have the ability to FLAG you when you do not meet the minimum time requirements on certain modalities. Other EHRs would flag you before you sign off the notes. - Certain important features available in the Desktop are not in the ipad or iphone, the most basic one of sending a prospective new patient a link to get onboarded. - A lot of ERRORS when doing real time eligibility checks, we constantly have to reach out and ask them to fix it. - These are just few of the long list of issues.

Hi Hamid, Thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate you taking the time to submit software feedback to us, and our engineering team is actively looking into your requests to ensure we can make these changes. However, since our software is cloud-based we are not able to make changes on a global scale without thinking of all users. Your account manager has also had consistent calls with the main provider from 12/2018 to 3/2019 and a call scheduled with you this week which your team was not able to attend. Please let us know when we can get in touch. Regarding your feedback for the iPad vs desktop functionalities, please note that due to various back end reasons there are limitations that each device offers thus there is a discrepancy between the tools. However, since this is a cloud-based software please note that any information entered within the devices will automatically be visible. Thank you for your detailed feedback and we look forward to speaking with you! DrChrono Team

Replied June 2019

Lee

Reviewed January 2021

Scam Artists!

My experience is pretty bad with the 'team' at Dr. Chrono. There is no way to actually get in contact with a 'help desk' or to get assistance with issues when the program fails. You must submit a work order and then hope for a call back. The call back, if it EVER comes, is usually 2-3 days later (after submitting a work order). The only people you can easily access is the sales team who always states they can't help with system function/glitches/assistance with use or function of the program. Furthermore, you must be careful of the contract you sign! I recently let an associate go, and they are going to continue charging me for the no longer employed physician between $400-500/month with no intent on giving me a credit or stopping the charges until a new associate starts. The contract ends in June-they have been charging me since last October for this other physician-just letting me throw away money so they can earn a profit EVEN AFTER 5 YEARS AS A COMMITTED USER TO THEIR COMPANY! I URGE ANYONE TO FIND ANOTHER PROGRAM!

PROS

I have been using the program for 5 years. Once I had my templates in place and understood the very quirky way this program builds and imports the note from the multiple page boxes which can be clicked on to create the note, I was able to use the system in a functional way that will create a thorough note which looks legally presentable. However, if you intuitively use the boxes they have set up to create and import information into your note, you will see a great deal of unnecessary information imported into your notes and you will legally be in trouble, as it will include things that you not only did not examine, but that are unnecessary to be in your notes. This makes you seriously susceptible to lawsuits and legal action against you. But if you learn how the system imports information and create all your own templates, and you DO NOT click on their boxes, you will be fine, as the information will be only what you require and what you have deemed necessary in the notes.

CONS

The program glitches and freezes frequently. They are constantly doing maintenance on the program, which creates days of very slow use and function. The program frequently fails to save information you have entered or edited, which can get you in real legal trouble. If you are not paying attention, a great deal of information may be missing from your notes due to these glitches and system failures. Unfortunately, once you are invested in a program, it is a real hassle to switch, as many of us know. So I suffer through these issues, understanding that in 5 years of use, the problems have not improved-they've actually worsened.

Reason for choosing DrChrono

I made a serious mis-judgement!

Reasons for switching to DrChrono

the previous program was very time consuming

Amanda

Reviewed July 2022

DrChrono SCAM! Full Year Contract Charged - Never Able to Use!

-Expensive – full charges also apply while in training -Software and training are complicated. Takes time to schedule with trainers in India and complete -Only works with Apple/IOS -No phone support whatsoever! – email only and it’s not helpful if/when you finally get a response -Training & Tech support in India (opposite time zones) and takes at least 3 days for reply if you get one

PROS

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] presented DrChrono as a great software for our new, small mobile medical business. However, one month into our 12-month contract, that all went out the window. The product NEVER worked for our business as described. We didn’t even get out of the “product training” before we ran into some issues. Admittedly, one issue was on our side, but the rest was on DrChrono. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] did offer a 2-month credit, but when the issues got more serious and we realized we were not able to use DrChrono, it was radio silence from everyone for months. After repeated emails asking for support, we received an email from "[SENSITIVE CONTENT], here at DrChrono" with a bill for the cancellation fee of the full monthly amount for the remainder of the year, plus one of the months they “credited”. DrChrono expects us to pay for a full year of service without ever being able to use their service for a single day!

CONS

They're very expensive, especially when most functions of the software will not work in the field (at least for our mobile biz) and if you want anything to work in the field, you must have the most current and expensive Apple (IOS) products to run the app for each one of your people in the field. For us, that was not attainable and of course these important details were not disclosed to us before we signed a year contract with them. They offered no support by phone and eventually none by email either. Any questions we had, no matter the urgency, could only be submitted by email and it would take at least 3 days for someone in India to email back with a non-applicable/non-helpful answer.

Kofi

Reviewed May 2018

Good but could be a lot better

PROS

1. It has a very elegant and eye pleasing layout which is the main reason I believe I tried this software. Navigating through the system is overall intuitive and generally easy to use. 2. It has a great functionality with the IPAD and that is why it has been awarded the best system on the IPAD. I don't even use my lap top to see patients. I use my iPad and then I supplemented this with my lap top. Most functions that are done on the laptop can be done on the iPad. This includes setting electronic prescription. In fact, some things are better done on the iPad such as reviewing the records and chart. 3. Electronic prescription is easy. 4. The system has a great fax capability with ability to fax almost from any screen and to fax most documents. 5. Dictation: The interface with dragon is decent although could be better compared to other EMR. The M-mode dictation that comes with the program is great. While the recognition is slightly below dragon, the M-mode dictation has the advantage of being portable as it is used with the iPhone are iPad. The downside, however, is that he cannot be used on a laptop. However, I really like the M-mode feature and use this more than dragon. 6. Cloud base which can be accessed from anywhere where there is internet and from most devices. ( It cannot be accessed from none appple Smart devices - Smart phones or tablets). 7. Notes and documents are automatically saved in an external third party cloud base ie BOX. This is actually a very good feature as a backup to have a access to our clinical notes and documents. This is of vital importance in cases where access to drchrono is not possible such as going to another system. The downside to this, however, is that certain parts of the chart (phone messages or email messages for example) are not stored in this third party system

CONS

1. Lack of awareness of what a true legal chart is: As much as I like this system, this is the main reason why I may have to leave and find another system. They are totally clueless as to the difference between what a end-user sees in the software and what the complete chart looks like when requested from an outside source. There is a huge difference and the company do not appreciate this difference. If an outside agency (DEA, medical board or an attorney) ask for the complete medical records, the clinical notes and documents stored at the BOX account can be easily exported. However, communications between you and the patient by phone or email are not stored in the box account and not included in this information. When I have spoken with them about this, they inform me that I could simply print each phone or email encounter. This however is completely ludicrous - as in supposed the patient has 100 phone or email encounters. For unknown reasons, in refilling the same medications from visit to visit, it simply takes it out of the medication list that is generated in the complete dictated notes. This gets very confusing especially for an outside agency that is reviewing the chart. Its is completely confusing as to what medication the patient is taking at the time of the visit. For example, if I have a patient who is on OxyContin 80 mg twice a day, gets a refill on this medication, it takes it off the medication list in the completed dictated note. This creates mass confusion. The way it appears in the signed completed note, is as if this patient was not on any opioids at all, but then all of sudden, I prescribed them a very high dose of 80 mg OxyContin twice a day. (This would be malpractice). This creates absolute confusion especially if my chart is being reviewed by the medical board or the DEA. Furthermore, the signed dictated note does not include the number of medications prescribed. So for example in the case of this person who was getting OxyContin 80 mg twice a day, the note does not include that the total count of the prescription given such as #60 or #480. This makes a difference to a DEA offcer who is reviewing the records. Again, when I have discussed this with drchrono, they simply state that review of the medication history in the software can tell this information. However, they do not recognize that the only thing an outside chart reviewer has access to is signed clinical notes and not the complete electronic medical records. Again, this shows that they are clueless about difference of what the software end-user sees and what an outside reviewer has access to. 2. Templates are still in their infancy and generally they are limited compared to other EMRS. 3. Customer service: They responded very quickly to support tickets. Generally, if there is an major system wide issue it get results rather quickly. For other issues, it tends not to be resolved in a timely fashion or not at all.

Hi Dr. Doonquah, Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the list of product features that have been working well for you. We are very proud of our award winning cloud-based EHR platform. As for the challenges you’ve mentioned, I would like to clarify some of the points that you may not be familiar with below: Phone call logs: You do not need to print/download each phone call to log it into your box account. You can print a full record of communication by patient in the patient communication report (under reporting tab). Once this is created you can upload it as a document for it to sync to box or manually include it as an additional document. Your account manager will reach out to show you. You mentioned DrChrono templates are limited but the flexibility and customization capability of DrChrono EHR is one of our core strengths compared to other EMRs. We’ve heard many compliments from both big and small practices how powerful they are and the type of productivity boost our templates bring to their practice. I see that your practice is not currently utilizing our template capabilities to its full potential and that can be easily resolved by our account manager. If you have an ideal template you would like to have in the system we can absolutely build it out for you! Additionally we have released many new template features such as charting by exception, which allows you to set default settings on the template and you can then chart the exception rather than the rule. I also see you do not have any templates set as persistent. This setting can be applied to any template and makes the information charted persist from one visit to the next. Many providers find this to be helpful especially if they frequently copy/paste the same notes. Thank you for your feedback on our customer service. We do take all of your feedback very seriously and we want to assure you that we have invested many new resources into our customer service team and plan to make many changes to improve our support. Your account manager is always a good resource for product related questions so you are using DrChrono to its fullest potential. She will reach out to you to schedule a call and answer any questions you may have. She will also provide product demonstration and be able to review how you are using DrChrono EHR. Regarding the medication refills, please note I have escalated this to our development team. We appreciate your feedback. DrChrono is known for our agility in product enhancement and we are always looking to improve our EHR quickly and frequently unlike other EMRs that take a long time to upgrade their system. Thank you for your detailed feedback and we look forward to speaking with you! DrChrono Team

Replied May 2018