All ECLIPSE Reviews

Christopher

Reviewed July 2018

Couldn't Be Happier

My staff and I have been very happy with this program. We started with a competitors program and quickly found out that it was not working for us. We couldn't do nearly what we wanted to do and were limited in our possibilities. Within a year of buying that, we were in the market for a new program. A colleague recommended Eclipse and before I knew it we purchased, installed, and trained on the program. 3 years later I am happy I made the change. It helped us become stronger in our documentation and survive an audit. I am happy I made the move to Eclipse!

PROS

The pros definitely outweigh the cons (if there are any). We have been very happy using Eclipse. The program is very easy to use and user friendly. As a Doctor, we love that we can tailor our notes to fit our practice and fit our needs. It has helped us be better with our documentation and allows us to have some ground to stand on with the insurance companies. My staff has also found that this is a very easy program to train new employees on and they always catch on quick. We get regular updates and usually feel the changes are for the better. Tech support has always been helpful as well.

CONS

I don't feel that there are too may cons. The only thing I can think of is something I hear my staff say.. "we need a no show feature. Something to edit an appointment to show that the patient hasn't cancelled but just didn't bother to show up." That's not much of a con just something we have worked around.

Thanks for your review. By definition, if an appointment is not marked as “Completed,” it IS a “no show.” And all ECLIPSE reports that pertain to missed appointments rely on this feature. Consider all the time this automated feature saves so your staff doesn’t have to edit anything! As you’re aware, you already have the capability to mark an appointment as cancelled or rescheduled.

Replied July 2018

Reviewed September 2015

Eclipse user since 1998

PROS

There are several things that Eclipse does nicely. Let me start with handling the finances: When set up properly, Eclipse clearly shows at a glance how much a patient owes totally and how much they owe for the current visit. Entering payments is simple, and payments get applied to open bills (if set up to do that), or payments can manually be applied to a specific bill. Financial reports are easily created; aging reports, unbilled charges (I personally love this feature), practice stats. Billing: Claims are easily created, whether printing a paper claim, or electronically billing. Reprinting claims is simple. Patient receipts and patient bills give nice flexibility of what to include or exclude on the bills. Eclipse handles insurance authorizations nicely. They call them "conditions", and this prevents the office form entering a charge if you are over on visits or beyond a certain date. Entering new patients has been simplified when entering a family member by allowing the user to copy info from another patient's file. We have a lot of families and this is a great time saver, as well as avoids data entry error. Eclipse is quite comprehensive and there is just too much to cover and not enough space or time here. ICD 10? No problem... Eclipse has a built-in crosswalk from ICD 9 to ICD-10. It will be a smooth transition thanks to Eclipse. Just one more thing, Their support is super. Although sometimes it requires leaving a message and waiting for a return call, the technicians are extremely knowledgeable of the product. The few times that I had some "unusual" experience, the technician did their best to reproduce it at their end to guide me to a resolution.

CONS

I personally am not thrilled with the EHR/Encounter portion of the software, although I have several friends that are extremely pleased with it. I have seen some printouts from other Eclipse users, and it's not bad.

Therese

Reviewed November 2016

Good features but unstable and unpredictable

I began using Eclipse in Oct 2013. To summarize the details to follow: when the system works, it is ok. However we have had consistent problems and the instability, errors and discrepancies within the system have been endless. CONS: Consistently unstable and quirky repetitive problems. We have worked exhaustively with support on these issues. Some reps are incredibly knowledgeable, others not as much. Friendliness and response time to concerns has been highly variable as well and many issues remain unresolved. I think it is best to use examples to highlight our problems. Here are the top 5 most consistent errors (this is not exhaustive): Multiple people in file. We frequently have need for multiple staff in a patient file at once (ie clinician finishing EHR and front desk in ledger for check out). A message is generated when multiple users are in a file and the file is “read-only” for anyone except the first person to access. When the primary user completes their task then closes the file, another message notifies the file is released. Not a problem, knew that going in. However about 50% of the time when the secondary person tries to save data (after the file release with no changes made during the read-only period) an error is generated and that workstation crashes. It takes approximately 90 seconds to get out then back into the system. We had to create a protocol to work around this, creating significant office inefficiency. Save errors Any changes made to the system (demographics, EHR, notes, alerts, etc) require manually saving. As noted above, save errors occur often with multiple users in an account. However, we have had extensive errors when saving that we have not been able to identify triggers. Some days it will happen 10 or 12 times, others not at all. When the save error occurs all data recently changed is lost. I can’t tell you how many notes myself and my staff have had to rebuild. Out of habit we all hit save after almost every click. Makes notes much more tedious than they would otherwise be. User errors Theoretically our license allows up to 7 users at one time. We have 5 people in office, so clearly within that license. However our providers bounce treatment rooms throughout the day. Starting approx 6 months ago (after an update), we routinely get a “max user error” telling us we have too many users in the system (It has reported as many as 22 users). Support has been unable to offer any solutions, and claims it has nothing to do with the update. This happens during heavy patient volume (we are a low volume practice, on average seeing 70 pt/week), but also light volume. When it occurs it crashes the entire program and will not allow logging in for approximately 5-10 minutes when the “users reset.” So we have 2 choices: wait- unable to access patient data (approx 5-10 min delay), or manually delete the current user file (approx 3-5 minute delay). You can see the inefficiency when this happens 5+ times/day. Inconsistent Reports Although the reports are extensive, their reliability is not consistent. One example: referrals. We collect new patient referral information and (used to) pull a report quarterly to see where our referrals are coming from. When we filter the report for the time range, the end report still includes referrals from all time. I have also found multiple discrepancies in several financial reports, assigned provider/treating provider reports (for bonus structures), and more. We have worked with support/Laura on this with no resolution. We finally went to tracking manually because we couldn’t devote ongoing energy without solutions. Can’t view file types, deleted printers, scanners, etc Periodically we have been unable to view certain file types on different workstations. For example, we use a template for tracking physical therapy/rehab. We have done exhaustive analysis for triggers such as changes to a work-station, system settings, updates, anti-virus scans, etc…..and the reason remains unknown. We have learned to correct the situation, although it took approximately 2 years for us to figure it out on our own; tech support finally helped, but it took about 6 different tickets before resolution. This has also happened multiple times with visibility of office printers, scanners, etc from various work stations. OUR EFFORTS: Throughout this journey we have tried to work with tech support who rarely takes ownership of problems. We have been told our network is unstable so we have upgraded/replaced every piece of hardware (server, gigabit switch, routers, modems, several computers, and more); we re-wired our office with CAT5 wiring in case the problem was in wiring. We have worked with 3 separate IT companies to professionally troubleshoot the problems, all of which have ensured me it cannot be external to the program. The cost of the system has quite literally tripled from the original purchase price. SUMMARY: After 3.5 years of “making it work,” I am currently evaluating other systems and planning to move on. I would not recommend this system.

PROS

The transition and training was very smoothe from our previous EHR and very well managed. Our sales rep, Laura Davis, was AMAZING, and has continued to be for 3.5 years, often acting as support and helping troubleshoot problems. The system is highly customizable, has great alerts, and as a comprehensive system should have allowed streamlined workflow.

Dr. Therese Miller, thank you for using examples in your review. It helped tremendously as I first researched your comments & then spoke to your Milwaukee, WI office. What’s most unfortunate here is that any of these items would have been easily resolved had you actually called us. As it turns out, you repeatedly called a 3rd party rather than our HELP Desk – especially during the period from 5/2015 through 9/2016 when you never spoke to the Help Desk at all. And of course, until a week ago, you’ve been running a 2+ year old version of the software. Most recently, your office personnel seem to have unintentionally deleted patient files as you attempted to handle the “user errors” you describe. As far as we can tell, that’s the sole reason you became angry enough to write this review. Perhaps, if you had followed our backup recommendations, this problem wouldn’t have become an issue. However, you use a vendor we do not recommend and weren’t able to restore the data you erased because no recent backup existed. First, any & all software in current use has restrictions when multiple users attempt to edit the same data simultaneously. That’s why we created Real Time Data Flow (RTDF) several years ago. This could have been instantly & easily turned on for your office at any time – and would have eliminated any issues you describe regarding multiple users & saving data. But you never called the Help Desk. (It would have taken less than a minute to make this change.) The user error issues would have also been eliminated by speaking with the Help Desk and/or working through the problem with them. Next, based on your example, reports aren’t generating inconsistent data. On the contrary, if you had called the Help Desk, we would have explained how to properly run the report you describe. In your case, an additional filter might have been recommended. And we would have ensured you were more familiar with data filters, a concept used throughout ECLIPSE. You also make a series of comments about your network, but never disclose the fact that your original network consisted of an old wireless home router and a few laptops that couldn’t provide the performance necessary for data throughput on your system. Finally, we’re happy you renewed your subscription this past month & believe our annual subscription is quite reasonably priced. But it seems you saved hundreds of dollars at great expense to your practice. We invest a great deal of time & money into our technical support operations. We’re sorry you opted not to use those services to the extent you claim.

Replied November 2016

Cindy

Reviewed March 2018

Great product and support

I would love for some of the fields to be more like windows meaning instead of having to hit the paperclip to attached a managed care profile, I would like just to type "Med" and it auto suggest Medicare. Maybe the same idea for Guarantor, can I just type "Hor" and all the Horizon Blue Cross plans would populate. Would seem like less steps.

PROS

Support, the videos online and the phone support are great. Answer quickly and don't speak down to you.

CONS

Can't leave SSN or DOB empty. Sometimes patients don't want to give out. Also when printing a bill for the patient, lose history, it date printed changes to most recent date so you can't see that you have billed the pt twice.

Thanks for your review… but we’re puzzled by several of your comments. To retrieve an insurance company (your Medicare example), there may be dozens of options for names like “Aetna” or “Travelers.” The goal is to locate & assign the insurance plan that matches this patient’s insurance card. The icon provides instant access to a grid that displays pertinent information (like the payer’s mailing address) so you can make an informed choice with the fewest keystrokes. Otherwise… how would you know whether you had the correct company? Next, you’re correct regarding DOB (this is a contractual requirement related to physicians’ Rx)… but ECLIPSE does not require that you enter SS#’s. Finally, ECLIPSE maintains a complete & detailed audit history of any & every electronic or printed bill or related item you create, re-print, download, etc. And this information is readily available in multiple places on every patient’s ledger for filtered display or printing. So you certainly can see whether you billed a patient twice! We suggest you call the Help Desk to discuss these issues.

Replied March 2018

KELLY

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

The software has developed my business plan into a successful billing service

that when I bill a claim it is not lost in cyber space. I feel when I send my batches, they are transferred to the clearinghouse or when I file direct, they are there processing.

PROS

I love that it is use friendly, dependable, accurate, reliable, fast paced but most important provides the stats and reports within seconds. I own an operate a full service billing company and I have used this company for 19 years and can honestly say the very best of it comes from the hands on customer service. I don't have to call often, but when I do they all "team-up" and fix the issue...even logging in and taking over. I absolutely LOVE the team of tech support and cannot thank them enough for the great years of service. I hear so many horror stories with no call backs when issue arise other companies. I can know if I call, I will get a return call and it will be resolved. They always know exactly what to do and make me that I can put all my trust in them with my systems.

CONS

Wow, this one is a hard question. If I didn't like something I would change...so, I love it!

Reason for choosing ECLIPSE

I am unsure. Company sold to Eclipse...I do not recall

Reasons for switching to ECLIPSE

Interestingly enough, I was a trainer for Chiroputer. I would go to offices teaching them how to use it 30 years ago (I realized then there was a need for a GOOD billing service).

Lisa

Reviewed March 2018

wanted to add a new user license and had a few questions on some things that weren't working correctly.

PROS

The gentleman I spoke with was very helpful and knowledgeable. He was able to walk me thru adding the new user installation. He also helped with the daysheet issue I was having trouble with.

CONS

the only complaint the Dr. has with this software is in the document/encounter section. If someone changes insurance, can't pull over their encounter information. always has to do everything over in the new case. gets very frustrated about this (and has inquired about ChiroTouch because he heard the documentation is much easier).

We were puzzled by your comments & asked the Help Desk to contact your office. You appear to be using ECLIPSE in unusual & unintended ways. You also seem unaware of options on the screens you use daily. (For instance, you can easily move an existing Encounter among a patient’s cases or use it as a template for your next Encounter within any existing case.) The concept of cases in ECLIPSE is intended for situations that require simultaneous treatment of [for example] Major Medical & Personal Injury under a single patient ID# -- not for a simple change of insurance. In our own multi-disciplinary office, we use the “case” concept to separate chiropractic treatments from physical therapy. Most patients in most healthcare practices never require more than one case. It’s unfortunate the doctor chose to inquire about new software rather than simply call us to gain a better understanding of how to use ECLIPSE! All his options are on one screen, easy to access, and refined by years of suggestions by his colleagues.

Replied March 2018

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Surprising Customer Service and Support

Truth be told, I have had Eclipse software since my first day in practice. I have utilized it to my needs, but never further. That was till I received the MOST OUTSTANDING help from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I know use it for much more than I could ever imagine. All because I made a phone call. The problem is it took me a lifetime in practice to ask for help. Once I did, it made all the difference in the world.

PROS

My Practice Manager loves the ease of the program for Billing and Collecting I have found the EHR is exceptional, easy (with a little learning curve) and has made taking notes on the exams performed along with Daily SOAP notes.....FUN.

CONS

The Con was my own fear in using the software to it full capacity. This was overcome by simply making a phone call to customer support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] took me by the hand, completely and thoroughly explained the procedures necessary to take great notes. Every step of the way he has been available for additional questions and time after time, has helped me not only to use the software but to enjoy the process.

Reason for choosing ECLIPSE

Ease of use for all aspects of my practice. The constant updates and Last but not least THE OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200. BUY ECLIPSE NOW.....You Won't Be Sorry.

Gary

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2017

very intuitive practice management software

this practice has a combined patient load of greater than 5200 people that is a lot of patient monitoring and accuracy quired for CMS this software handles it with ease

PROS

the company continually monitors new requirements in the medical billing environment leaving little for the user to have to chase for answers

CONS

electronic Healthcare records and single page scanning is not intuitive requiring a lot of time spent for each patient. more training should be offer for this aspect of the software

The Help Desk reached out to you after reading your review. First, EHR training materials are already at your beck & call in the form of webinars, context sensitive documentation and one-on-one help from the Help Desk. Next, we'd agree that scanning is not intuitive. Instead, it's comprehensive. ECLIPSE offers extensive scanning, import & annotation capabilities that go way beyond "single page scanning" and allow you to get the most from its documentation capabilities. You can combine multiple documents into one new document, scan one or more documents and copy them to multiple patients, add electronic post-it notes, redact info, add various graphics (e.g. arrows), assign document-specific permissions, encrypt, and mark them as pending review for a specific provider. EHR related data entry tasks for CMS programs (e.g. MIPS) can be ignored if you don't participate. However, all such data entry is subjected to rigorous live user testing in order to minimize typing.

Replied September 2017

Rod

Reviewed April 2018

Tech support was very helpful and went above and beyond my expectation. Most appreciated.

PROS

Great support. The program allows you to use it to the level that you need or desire. I appreciate that.

CONS

The program itself has a lot of steps to perform some actions. The EHR is not easy to use. It needs more point a click on to diagrams rather than writing.

Perhaps you’re unaware that our legacy SOAP / documentation features provide exactly what you mention -- the ability to click on a picture to zero-in on a body part. We actually introduced the first integrated electronic SOAP / billing system back in 1991, and by 2010, we’d moved away from the older narrative formats that such systems create (which auditors & reviewers instantly recognize). The Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) has even testified about such formats and what they term “cut & paste” mentality before Congress. The Encounter was released in 2010 to conform to concepts mandated in the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009, DHHS preferences, and published studies regarding structured & unstructured data in clinical documentation. It’s now 2018, and we’ve received a great deal of feedback from payers, auditors & investigators, including comments that the Encounter “sets a new bar.” It’s also much faster for you to create your own clinical documentation than picture based systems – which typically provide an image only for your first click. In 2017, Dr. Evan Gwilliam, D.C. of ChiroCode used ECLIPSE documentation to illustrate his newest video: “The Perfect Note.”

Replied April 2018

Dr. Chris

Reviewed December 2017

You "own" it, but have to pay annual maintenance fees.

PROS

This was installed at the office that I purchased. You own the software, but it doesn't really work well unless you pay the annual fee. Once the macros are set up, you can enter a note quickly. The reports were decent. Integrates cash practice and cc processing.

CONS

Cost is my number one objection. I didn't like the billing portion of the software either. It's time-consuming to set up the macros. Doesn't feel very intuitive. Remote backup is extra.

First, ECLIPSE is not currently & never has been subscription based. Thus, the ECLIPSE program does not function differently based on fee payments of any kind. Of course, you can't, for example, write prescriptions unless you subscribe to an add-on service that offers them. Next, ECLIPSE does not have billing "macros," so we're not sure what you're referring to. ECLIPSE does provide a wide variety of individual customizations (as checked / unchecked options) for payers that you can use as necessary. These provide ways to handle the rare exceptions to standard coverage; they are hidden unless you need them. And yes indeed. ECLIPSE recommends a third-party HIPAA accredited service for online backup. Finally, we're sorry you never took the time to truly learn & use the software, but we're puzzled by your cost comments. The system you selected as a replacement has higher annual fees than ECLIPSE.

Replied December 2017

Annie

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed December 2015

Review by receptionist who also bills insurance

PROS

The price is right, it provides electronic billing capabilities, you can download ERA and EOB information from your clearinghouse, and GalacTek Help Desk can usually help you solve a problem

CONS

Since Eclipse is a stand-alone system, it’s very helpful that it allows practitioners to view the calendar via Google. Two problems. First, a practitioner may be forced to change their Google password to comply with Eclipse requirements. Out of four practitioners, three had to change their passwords. Second, when I enter an appointment on the calendar, it will sync to Google. If I edit that same appointment to change the time frame or to cut and paste it to another date, that does not always sync to Google, greatly compromising the accuracy of the calendar viewed in Google. It’s easy to enter new patient information into Eclipse. However, phone numbers and email addresses are entered under a separate demographic tab. Cumbersome. Also, there are programming inconsistencies. When indicating “race” you must click in a tiny box beside the choice. But when indicating “ethnicity” you may simply click on the choice, without having to carefully aim for a tiny box. I have found these programming inconsistencies elsewhere in Eclipse. One of the worst programming inconsistencies is the use of the date cells. When entering a patient’s date of birth, you must click on the calendar, then the cell is populated with today’s date. (We have no patients who were born today!) You then click on month, change it, tab to day, change it, tab to year, change it. But when using a date cell in the patient’s ledger, after the month is entered, the cursor will automatically move to the next cell, and so on. Because of the difference in programming for these date cells, I cannot confidently enter dates without watching carefully what I am doing. To save newly entered information in a patient folder, you must click a red “X” which is labeled “Close”. When new to Eclipse, this is an uncomfortable concept. The word “SAVE” would be helpful or even “SAVE and CLOSE.” The big red “X” just doesn’t compute. Issues with using the calendar to schedule appointments include: 1. There is no “TODAY” button. You must click the tiny calendar and then click the tiny option “Today.” A 2-click process. Doesn’t seem very ominous until you realize that you are on different dates all day and then your 2 clicks turn into 200 clicks. 2. Recurring appointments are cumbersome to set. The best option I have found is to set the first, then copy and paste it to each succeeding date and time. It works, but is very time consuming. If there is a more efficient way to create recurring appointments, Eclipse has made it difficult to discover. 3. After setting a patient appointment, you must return to “Views” to ensure that you have indeed set the appointment! Skipping this skip is very dangerous. A real confidence buster. Eclipse offers a “preview” of bills and documents you have scanned and saved to the patient’s file. However, scrolling to view more than one page of documents is so cumbersome that you often need to print the documents in order to see everything. The pages jump in such a way as to indicate that Eclipse is old-school technology. Eclipse will send “automatic” appointment reminders. There is nothing automatic about it. You must remember to send the reminders and go through the 19-step process to send the reminders. Even trying to use the Eclipse templates to set this process up took a couple of weeks, many phone calls to the GalacTek Help Desk, and many failed attempts. If you can endure that, then it works fine. With this process, however, a stand-alone system is a liability. You must send Monday reminders out on Friday or Saturday. This often necessitates a trip into the office, especially if there has been a holiday, since it cannot be done through the web. Eclipse makes their stand-alone system a selling point, citing instances when other web-based programs have been hacked. With medical records this is a valid concern. (However, countless companies use web-based payroll systems without any concerns.) In hindsight, we would purchase a web-based system. Initially setting up to bill insurance companies is daunting, difficult, and confusing. Eclipse helps by providing error messages and a 12 page document in the hope that you might find the error message and somehow decipher computer speak and discover your error. This is fun if you like to receive messages such as “Missing or invalid provider ID#: Loop 2420A ID Loop: 2420A Segment: Segment: NM1*82*1Name*Provider****34*.” This might be helpful if you are a programmer. If you are a receptionist or billing expert, you may not have taken a DOS class 30 years ago. If you don’t think that’s fun, you have the option to call the GalacTek Help Desk for ANSI issues. If you haven’t been made to feel like a fool recently, please call. Once you know how to bill insurance companies and all your information has been entered correctly (including the impossible-to-notice “Patient’s relationship to guarantor” cell), you are now ready to complete the 19-step process, if you want to bill an individual patient visit. One difficulty with this process is that after you click “EDI Processing” and identify the codes to submit, that particular dialog box just sits there. No indication that you are done, that you selected anything, or that you need to now close the box to go to the next step. This is a huge issue when you are interrupted by a phone call, a patient, a practitioner, a sneeze. You may need to redo the EDI Processing step to ensure you identified the codes. From our chiropractic physician: “The kiosk is terrible.” We have worked with GalacTek for four months to get the kiosk running to no avail. We are still using hard copy intake documents in spite of the fact that we have two computer-savvy people working on this issue with GalacTek. To their credit, GalacTek has offered to have a third-party come to our location to get the kiosk working. Aside from the fact that the kiosk does not work for us, the intake template is absurdly difficult and time-consuming to use. If we do get the kiosk working, we will need to tweak the template to a massive degree. Adding a “new guarantor” in Eclipse is relatively simple since it allows you to “copy from patient” or “copy from guarantor.” However, Eclipse technology relies on a “home phone.” 99 percent of our patients do not have a “home phone.” You must enter 10 zeros in the home phone cell anyway. This was sold to me during training as “it makes things cleaner.” That is a falsehood. It is a requirement and if you don’t enter all those zeros in the home phone cell, you will be sorry later. So the “copy from patient or guarantor” works but only populates the “home phone” cell. If you want things to be clean, you must find the patient’s cell phone number and reenter it in the “alternate phone” cell. A serious danger in “copying from guarantor,” is when you have a family. Dad or Mom may be the primary insured. Each family member may have a different digit on the member id, e.g., Dad may end in 1, Mom may end in 2, Child may end in 3, etc. If you have relied on simply copying from guarantor without checking each individual’s member id, the claims will not be successful. Alerts may be set on Eclipse to remind you of things like “collect payment from last visit,” etc. Those “alerts” pop up only when you click on the scheduler to indicate the patient has arrived. The alert is a teeny tiny box that pops on at the bottom right of the screen and is in black and white. It is not enough to draw your eye to the alert and it was several weeks before I even noticed the alert pop-up. We have four different types of practitioners and different “cases” need to be set up for each practitioner. Switching between cases is cumbersome and time-consuming. When there are cross-over patients this becomes a real issue. The ledgers must also be kept separately in order to avoid serious issues when billing that cross-over patient.

With over 71 prior ECLIPSE reviews on this site, some from offices that are over 40 times your size, we wondered why yours was such an outlier, so we appreciate your attention to detail. Reviewing your calls, it’s apparent you’ve been unhappy because you’re unable to get our free KIOSK software running properly on your network, despite all the time & effort both you & our Help Desk have spent on the situation. You acquired ECLIPSE this past June when an existing ECLIPSE client sold you a satellite office and I have some suggestions based on your comments. First, it’s unnecessary to enter phone numbers as “10 zeros.” We’re not sure why anyone would suggest this, and I know for a certainty we’ve never used ECLIPSE this way in our multi-disciplinary practice. When we don’t have contact info, we leave related fields blank. I hope you’ll call our Help Desk to discuss this further. But let’s move on. You label numerous features as “programming inconsistencies,” such as a patient’s ethnicity vs. race. According to federal EHR mandates, ethnicity is a single choice, whereas race may account for multiple simultaneous possibilities (e.g. “White” and “Asian”). Certainly you’re aware that people may identify as bi or multi-racial? Thus, of course the interfaces for these two items differ. And we think the most widely used date/calendar for data entry in Windows applications worldwide is also the most versatile way to enter & select dates. Which is why we use it in ECLIPSE. Data entry varies for obvious reasons. For instance, you may not have or know a patient’s birthdate, whereas you would never enter a service such as an office visit without a corresponding date. Given your stated discomfort, please review your Help, where the calendar’s versatility & user interface are explained in detail. Thousands of offices nationwide have used our Google Calendar interface since 2010 without incident. If you had called to discuss this, you might have learned that any appointments that concern you had been created before you turned the interface on. Some of your other comments seem to be attempts to use ECLIPSE in unintended ways. For example, it seems you’re using the form letter reporting section of ECLIPSE to generate reminders, rather than the built-in “Appointment Recalls” feature, which takes half as many steps and about 20 seconds to setup & launch. Given your repeated use of the word “tiny,” please realize that you can scale both ECLIPSE & fonts. Also, you can likely scale your display through Windows as well. Once again, perhaps you should discuss this with our Help Desk. Finally, rather than address any remaining issues here, I’d like to reiterate that we’re sorry you’ve been frustrated in your attempts to use the KIOSK on your network. Even this past week, we were remotely logging into your system in an attempt to help address your problem. In the future, we hope you’ll use all the forums we’ve made available to directly discuss any concerns you have.

Replied December 2015

Ted

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2021

poor support

good, until today

PROS

Worked pretty well fro years as long as problems were minimal

CONS

Had win10 update that took out the software/data yesterday. They want to me to join a third part "join me" type of thing so they can get on my computer remotely. However, it fails to connect into session- and they say there is "nothing they can do for me" if they cannot connect remotely. . Really. Hmmm.. why am I paying for support? What if I had no internet service - so not support? The third party "join me" is not my issue. They should be able to walk me through how to get it to work- yes. YES! So now I paid $$$$$ for software that does not work and they are not willing to help in spite of me paying for support for years. .

Reasons for switching to ECLIPSE

not supported any longer

Dr, Bailey, we're sorry you're upset with out recent interaction. However, you personally deleted all your ECLIPSE data, despite the explicit backup recommendations in red red text displayed on your ECLIPSE exit screen. When you attempted to "Copy & Paste" your files to a USB drive & accidentally "Cut & Paste" that data instead. And you didn't disclose your backup strategy to us until after the problem was resolved. When we unsuccessfully attempted to remotely access your system, you refused to take a few minutes to provide logs from your computer to help resolve the access issues, stressing you didn't have time, but later insisted you wanted to listen to 40 minutes of phone recordings from your interactions with our technical support staff (as you repeatedly hung up on multiple staff members mid call.) Your issue had absolutely nothing to do with a Windows update. That's pure fiction

Replied January 2021

Jace

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2017

Great price. Functions well. Lacks features of competitors

we will continue to use eclipse, the program works well and has the features that we need but it is definitely lacking in comparison to more expensive alternatives

PROS

Eclipse has an excellent price point. We have been looking at alternate software for about 6 months and cant find anything close to eclipse pricing. The program updates frequently and functions well.

CONS

Many contact features such as email, patient text messaging etc. while technically usable are so difficult and unrealistic that they are useless.

Thanks for your review Jace. We reached out to your office today in an attempt to help you with the features you seem to find confusing. First, text & email are basic options for individuals. So, for example, to send a quick text reminder to a patient who is late for her appointment: right-click the appointment, select text message from the pop-up menu (which indicates whether texting is allowed & available for her), then click “OK” to send an automated text message or optionally update the default text prior to sending. For all appointments in a date/time range, it’s equally simple. And then you have the ability to exert even more control – by, for instance, automatically sending customized messages simultaneously via email/text, patient portal, or paper based on simple checked options to filtered groups of patients. And as we’re sure you’re aware, the data filters interface, which allows you to quickly select options like sort order, or include patients who meet your criteria, works in the same manner throughout ECLIPSE. We hope you’ll explore these features with the HELP Desk so you feel more comfortable with them.

Replied December 2017

Camila

Reviewed August 2016

Inexpensive software, will do the job.

PROS

Affordable, customer support will always return calls. We already know how to use it so we are very familiar with the software

CONS

Not very EHR friendly, it has limitations on EHR notes and they only have one vendor they can work with as far as credit card processing and their rates are high.

Dr. Rosas, your Lewisville, TX office has been using ECLIPSE for years & processing credit card transactions through OpenEdge since December, 2014. As a practicing chiropractor, you can imagine my surprise when I learned that you’ve never shared any of the above concerns with either us or OpenEdge. I was further surprised after management personnel from both OpenEdge & GalacTek reached out over a two week period and spoke with you, Dr. Estess, and Kassandra. You agreed to supply OpenEdge with the alternate rates you’d been quoted. Yet, after multiple follow-up calls, OpenEdge still hasn’t received anything from you! With regard to your “EHR notes” comments… according to Dr. Estess, he was getting messages that his “computer wasn’t connected,” an apparent problem with your network, not ECLIPSE. Regardless, the GalacTek Help Desk has made multiple attempts to provide assistance with your computer system. It’s my understanding your office has been too busy to speak with the Help Desk technician thus far. Finally, your office waived training on ECLIPSE. However it was apparent during a 30 minute training session with Dr. Estess on the phone last week that perhaps “very familiar with the software” was optimistic regarding the EHR – a situation we’d like to believe has now been rectified. OpenEdge was originally referred to us by a chiropractor client in Washington, who pointed out that many of our competitors use their CC processing services. Over a period of years, we’ve received a great deal of feedback regarding rates from friends & colleagues; virtually all consider the rates competitive. In fact, GalacTek became an OpenEdge client as well. These days, chiropractic clients process millions of dollars monthly through OpenEdge and issues are rare.

Replied August 2016

Charles

Reviewed May 2015

My experience with Eclipse has been excellent over all.

PROS

What I like best about Eclipse is the software is all inclusive and very well integrated.

CONS

The inability to edit and change some features in the encounter part of the software. Also, in the past year or so the Tech Support has add numerous people and they are not as fully conversant with the software and past personnel. They can answer simple question, but numerous times I have been unable to get an answer without either repeated calls and waiting for the tech support person to go speak to a supervisor or someone more knowledgeable or having to wait for someone to call back, which does not always happen.

Thanks for your review. I researched your calls to our HELP Desk and was surprised about what you *didn’t* mention. For example, in August 2014, when you had an issue with the newest CMS-1500 form several months after its introduction… and weren’t able to communicate your issue to the HELP Desk… you simply contacted the developers directly through our websites! They, in turn, explained why the issue existed (a mistake in published government guidelines), handled your problem, and notified you that an update was available within 24 hours. Additionally, thanks to their extensive experience with federal audits, they also advised you with regard to a theoretical Medicare records request. So, in this instance, your perceived difficulties with the HELP Desk were actually about published CMS/NUCC documentation. Regardless, you were able to get our attention and had your issue handled immediately. Also, since Encounter content is basically 100% customizable, we hope you’ll contact the HELP Desk with any questions. I was unable to locate any calls from you or your office about the Encounter. We hope your future interactions with our HELP Desk meet your expectations.

Replied June 2015

Joseph

Reviewed September 2017

Practice management

PROS

Handles multiple specialries and group pravtices. Easy to navigate and great support. Cloud and server based versions

CONS

Very weak EMR. Too much typing..norhing preloaded. All has to be built out by customer No touch screen interfacr.

We’ve attempted to contact your office to help you with your issues. First, ECLIPSE does indeed work with touch screens. (In fact, related touch/gesture updates have been noted in the README that accompanies your updates since at least 2014.) Next, we’re not sure whether you’re referring to clinical documentation or other aspects of a patient’s history. Regardless, for both, wherever possible, typing is actually minimized. For example, “Range of Motion” is a pop-up grid that allows you to make virtually all your selections with a few simple clicks. No typing is necessary at all unless you add comments to a specific item. And of course, you can add your own customizations instantly. Though customization is certainly an option, the original templates provided “as-is” are in widespread use nationally without any customization whatsoever – inclusive of the offices of chiropractors & physical therapists that helped design them. Most recently, Dr. Evan Gwilliam, D.C. of ChiroCode used ECLIPSE documentation to illustrate his newest video: “The Perfect Note.”

Replied September 2017

Giulio

Reviewed February 2018

Been happy with Eclipse for over 20 years

We weren't using Eclipse's EHR because we had been using DC Powernotes for many years. DC Powernotes stopped offering support and updates several years ago so we recently looked into going with another software that we thought would have a good EHR but when we revisited Eclipse's EHR we were surprised at how good it had become. Much better than it was years ago. We always loved Eclipse's practice management capabilities but now with the ease of EHR it's got everything we need. Definitely use the third party vendors that work with Eclipse, such as X-Charge & Infinedi for integration of credit card & electronic billing and remittances and DataDepositBox for cloud backup.

PROS

Their practice management does EVERYTHING we need and more. Their EHR is through and fast. Easy to use interface. Constant updates. Great support.

CONS

There's not much we don't like about Eclipse. I suppose the only thing we'd like to see is that they go cloud based. Then we could use it on an Apple computer!

Keith