• Pros

• "My experience with customer service is exceptional. One of the rep was very consistent, helpful and knowledgeable."

• "This software has a nice schedule viewer. I enjoy that it is easy to use. "

• "Ease of use and excellent customer service. Never a long wait. The customer service handles all of our questions/issues without a problem. "

• Cons

• "Screens could be more combined with the information. When you get used to where to go on the screen it's great. "

• "The initial setup process is time consuming. Although the software is intuitive it does take some time to 'fine tune' the process. "

• "The only thing that has been a little challenging are the itemized statements. Patients have a hard time understanding and reading them. "

Browse ECLIPSE Practice Management Software Reviews

Kevin from corposalud

Eclipse saved my company!

Pros

I use the ECLIPSE Software daily at my company, I've had this software for 2 years and I just love it. ECLIPSE makes the billing proces very easy for me and my employees, with this software i can also schelude consults and many more, the EHR (electronic health record) its one of the best thigs of the software the doctors in my company love it, this also has an extensive alerts system that is very helpful, the security features saved my company once from a fire, for this and many other things ECLIPSE its a must have in my company.

Cons

There is nothing negative from my point of view! If you had to improve something that would be your system of notes sometimes there are failures to save certain notes and that can be annoying however this happens very rarely but it would be good if they fix it

Christopher from Advanced Chiropractic of Milford

Couldn't Be Happier

My staff and I have been very happy with this program. We started with a competitors program and quickly found out that it was not working for us. We couldn't do nearly what we wanted to do and were limited in our possibilities. Within a year of buying that, we were in the market for a new program. A colleague recommended Eclipse and before I knew it we purchased, installed, and trained on the program. 3 years later I am happy I made the change. It helped us become stronger in our documentation and survive an audit. I am happy I made the move to Eclipse!

Pros

The pros definitely outweigh the cons (if there are any). We have been very happy using Eclipse. The program is very easy to use and user friendly. As a Doctor, we love that we can tailor our notes to fit our practice and fit our needs. It has helped us be better with our documentation and allows us to have some ground to stand on with the insurance companies. My staff has also found that this is a very easy program to train new employees on and they always catch on quick. We get regular updates and usually feel the changes are for the better. Tech support has always been helpful as well.

Cons

I don't feel that there are too may cons. The only thing I can think of is something I hear my staff say.. "we need a no show feature. Something to edit an appointment to show that the patient hasn't cancelled but just didn't bother to show up." That's not much of a con just something we have worked around.

Response from Mike Norworth

Replied July 2018

Thanks for your review. By definition, if an appointment is not marked as “Completed,” it IS a “no show.” And all ECLIPSE reports that pertain to missed appointments rely on this feature. Consider all the time this automated feature saves so your staff doesn’t have to edit anything! As you’re aware, you already have the capability to mark an appointment as cancelled or rescheduled.

Denise from Back Talk Chiropractic, PSC

EXCEPTIONAL Practice Management Software

Eclipse has the BEST customer service, sales team and support teams I have ever come across. Their training team is awesome too. Support is just a phone call away and 100% resolved on the first call and timely. The Eclipse team is truly dedicated to your practice and your security.

Pros

I love this software; I have used several different software companies over the past 15 years and Eclipse is by far the most exceptional. Eclipse is so easy to learn and use. They offer so much more than just the software; this company gives you peace of mind. The training videos are a huge help when you need them. Up to date and on the money.

Cons

There is nothing negative I can say about Eclipse.

Charles from AuthorityIT

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Worst technical support ever!

Pros

It works for basic functions. No frills.

Cons

The technical support for this product is the worst I have seen in 30 years. There is only one person doing tech support and he seems to take great joy in letting you know how stupid he thinks you are. He managed to make our office assistant cry and closed a case because he thought the issue was resolved. Stay as far away from this product as you can. The product itself uses a Windows 3.1 interface along with a dongle for software protection which requires you to have a computer with a com port which in this day and age, is archaic. That and you need to share your whole hard drive to even get the product to work. I am going public with this after trying to contact the founders of the software and getting no response from them so that should tell you right there that they don't give 2 cents about their customers.

Response from MPN Software Systems

Replied December 2018

Mr. Eichelberger... as you're well aware, this review is both inaccurate & untrue. We contacted you within 20 minutes of receiving your email, offered to review recordings of the phone contact you complained about, and attempted to call you directly (which took some work since you'd accidentally provided your wife's phone #). A senior VP later spoke to you & offered assistance. As you are also aware, ECLIPSE hasn't used "dongles" in years, and you don't disclose that your office has neither a current copy of ECLIPSE nor a subscription. We're not sure what prompted other untrue comments such as promoting the idea that only a single technical support employee exists at our company? In fact, the VP you spoke with offered you a refund for the calls before he even investigated your complaint! He also offered to help in any way necessary to resolve the issue! Finally, he spoke with Rosie (who you mention in your review) this morning.... to ensure her issue was resolved.

Rick from Functional Chiororactic

My experience with Eclipse software

It has enabled me to cut down the amount of time I spend entering patient information and it is very easy to use on a daily basis

Pros

I am technically challenged and have found this software of be the easiest to use of the four different EHR and billing software I have used. It is very user friendly and the tech support is supper.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I do not like about it.It ah

Reasons for Choosing ECLIPSE Practice Management Software

It was easier to operate and about half the price of Chirotouch.

September 2015

Michael from Goldstein Family Chiropractic

September 2015

Eclipse user since 1998

Pros

There are several things that Eclipse does nicely. Let me start with handling the finances: When set up properly, Eclipse clearly shows at a glance how much a patient owes totally and how much they owe for the current visit. Entering payments is simple, and payments get applied to open bills (if set up to do that), or payments can manually be applied to a specific bill. Financial reports are easily created; aging reports, unbilled charges (I personally love this feature), practice stats. Billing: Claims are easily created, whether printing a paper claim, or electronically billing. Reprinting claims is simple. Patient receipts and patient bills give nice flexibility of what to include or exclude on the bills. Eclipse handles insurance authorizations nicely. They call them "conditions", and this prevents the office form entering a charge if you are over on visits or beyond a certain date. Entering new patients has been simplified when entering a family member by allowing the user to copy info from another patient's file. We have a lot of families and this is a great time saver, as well as avoids data entry error. Eclipse is quite comprehensive and there is just too much to cover and not enough space or time here. ICD 10? No problem... Eclipse has a built-in crosswalk from ICD 9 to ICD-10. It will be a smooth transition thanks to Eclipse. Just one more thing, Their support is super. Although sometimes it requires leaving a message and waiting for a return call, the technicians are extremely knowledgeable of the product. The few times that I had some "unusual" experience, the technician did their best to reproduce it at their end to guide me to a resolution.

Cons

I personally am not thrilled with the EHR/Encounter portion of the software, although I have several friends that are extremely pleased with it. I have seen some printouts from other Eclipse users, and it's not bad.

June 2015

Liz from Mountain View Chiropractic Center

June 2015

The Best in the Business

Pros

The product itself is great! Our office had Eclipse for 10 years and then we moved on to another software vendor (ACOM Health). The new vendor was a disaster. So after two years dealing with ACOM Health we switched back to Eclipse. Night and day difference in regards to speed, ease of use, features, price, and customer service. Eclipse has some of the best customer service around. I can always get a hold of someone within a few hours if I need help. The reports and accounting aspects of Eclipse are spot on which makes practice management so much easier. Eclipse is constantly improving on the product taking into account request made by its users. Anytime I run into something Eclipse doesn't do or doesn't do in a way I think is efficient I just shot their team a message and usually within a few months the suggestion is part of an upgrade. We left Eclipse once and it is my goal to make sure we never leave them again. I also recommend this to every office I see in my consulting business.

Cons

Honestly, I really can't think of anything at this time.

Travis from Hermiston Neck Back and Accident Speacialist

Switch from Chirotouch

Pros

Cost and ease of use. Scheduling capabilities better than Chirotouch. I switched to Eclipse primarily because of the ability to schedule in multiple columns for the same provider. Chirotouch does not offer that capability.

Cons

Learning curve for documentation macro. I have used Chirotouch macros for years and the documentation change was a little painful.

ERICA from MADEIRA CHIROPRACTIC AND REHABILITATION

You get what you pay for!

You get what you pay for. It is cheap for a reason. It is time consuming, difficult to manage and frustrating to use. They don't even update the ICD 10 codes year to year. I have issues all the time with incomplete codes because the system doesn't have the updated new codes from 2017!!!

Pros

This software has a nice schedule viewer. I enjoy that it is easy to use.

Cons

Literally everything else. It takes us an hour to run billing, an hour to run any special report, two hours to run a monthly A/R and an additional 2 hours to run monthly patient statements. It has no claim scrubbing features embedded. It is not efficient for a practice of more than one!

Response from MPN Software Systems

Replied February 2020

We wish you had taken the time to ask us about ICD codes during any of your recent interactions with our team! You have always had the ability to import ICD-10 updates. (We last explained how to do this during a November 2017 conversation with you.) We also wish you had discussed your performance issues with us so we could help you determine why reports & billing are taking longer than expected. It's likely we can provide a variety of solutions. I've used ECLIPSE in my own busy multi-disciplinary practice for years, as have other reviewers on this site with dozens of providers & 150+ users. Since, to the best of our knowledge, you didn't work at this practice when we provided training in 2011, please consider visiting us for **free** training to help you better use & navigate the software. For example, my billing manager runs a preview of every billing run *before* we generate bills. This allows us to handle a variety of reported errors before we send claims -- Dr. Karen Walters, D.C.

Stacy from Family Health Chiropractic

Love Eclipse

Eclipse is my electronic health records, my billing, my everything for my health care office. Customer service is a moment away if I have any questions. They have been wonderful to help with any technical assistance I have needed. I have used eclipse for 11 years and would choose it again over its competition.

Pros

Eclipse is easy to use, comparatively inexpensive and customer service is top notch.

Cons

No negative reviews. If I need assistance with something, technical support is there to help.

Reasons for Choosing ECLIPSE Practice Management Software

What it can do + cost were the two big features to help me choose eclipse.

October 2014

David from Mill Creek Chiropractic Clinic

October 2014

Eclipse Practice Management Software by Galactek

Pros

The program is rock solid and doesn't fail. In the seven years I've had the program, I have had only two minor technical difficulties after downloading an update, and those were remedied very rapidly. The previous software I was using was having problems after most updates, and tech support was almost impossible to get a hold of. After researching various programs and talking with doctors who owned various programs, I settled on Eclipse because the most important thing to me was a stable product and a company with a long-term history. I will also say their support is always helpful and courteous, and the developer himself actually responds to my email suggestions. He doesn't always give me the response I would like, but he does listen and implement changes that he sees as feasible and needed. He also personally helped me solve the kiosk wireless problem I was having that was not their fault.

Cons

The EHR part of the program is still a work in progress for me. I think that can be said for almost all the EHR charts out there. I can continue to see that portion of the product developing towards a very usable solution. We are currently inputting all the Meaningful Use data into the program and will be attesting after the first of the year. Once we're done implementing the Meaningful Use, I hope to have the EHR customized so we can start using that to eventually evolve from paper records into electronic only. We are starting to practice more and more with it on some laptops, but I haven't implemented that portion of the software yet. As we become more familiar with it and practice with it, I think we will eventually make it workable for my situation. For people switching to the program from another software, there is a learning curve. It was a little bit of a struggle in the training process trying to understand a design that was different than either of my previous accounting systems. Now that we have fully learned the system, we think that it works great; it's better than our previous system. I mentioned to my office manager the other day that I was thinking about changing software (as a joke). She said "No, I love my Eclipse. It never breaks down."

Cindy from Information Technology and Services

Great product and support

I would love for some of the fields to be more like windows meaning instead of having to hit the paperclip to attached a managed care profile, I would like just to type "Med" and it auto suggest Medicare. Maybe the same idea for Guarantor, can I just type "Hor" and all the Horizon Blue Cross plans would populate. Would seem like less steps.

Pros

Support, the videos online and the phone support are great. Answer quickly and don't speak down to you.

Cons

Can't leave SSN or DOB empty. Sometimes patients don't want to give out. Also when printing a bill for the patient, lose history, it date printed changes to most recent date so you can't see that you have billed the pt twice.

Response from Mike Norworth

Replied March 2018

Thanks for your review… but we’re puzzled by several of your comments. To retrieve an insurance company (your Medicare example), there may be dozens of options for names like “Aetna” or “Travelers.” The goal is to locate & assign the insurance plan that matches this patient’s insurance card. The icon provides instant access to a grid that displays pertinent information (like the payer’s mailing address) so you can make an informed choice with the fewest keystrokes. Otherwise… how would you know whether you had the correct company? Next, you’re correct regarding DOB (this is a contractual requirement related to physicians’ Rx)… but ECLIPSE does not require that you enter SS#’s. Finally, ECLIPSE maintains a complete & detailed audit history of any & every electronic or printed bill or related item you create, re-print, download, etc. And this information is readily available in multiple places on every patient’s ledger for filtered display or printing. So you certainly can see whether you billed a patient twice! We suggest you call the Help Desk to discuss these issues.

Lisa from Chenanago Chiropractic, P.C.

wanted to add a new user license and had a few questions on some things that weren't working correctly.

Pros

The gentleman I spoke with was very helpful and knowledgeable. He was able to walk me thru adding the new user installation. He also helped with the daysheet issue I was having trouble with.

Cons

the only complaint the Dr. has with this software is in the document/encounter section. If someone changes insurance, can't pull over their encounter information. always has to do everything over in the new case. gets very frustrated about this (and has inquired about ChiroTouch because he heard the documentation is much easier).

Response from Dr. Karen Walters, DC

Replied March 2018

We were puzzled by your comments & asked the Help Desk to contact your office. You appear to be using ECLIPSE in unusual & unintended ways. You also seem unaware of options on the screens you use daily. (For instance, you can easily move an existing Encounter among a patient’s cases or use it as a template for your next Encounter within any existing case.) The concept of cases in ECLIPSE is intended for situations that require simultaneous treatment of [for example] Major Medical & Personal Injury under a single patient ID# -- not for a simple change of insurance. In our own multi-disciplinary office, we use the “case” concept to separate chiropractic treatments from physical therapy. Most patients in most healthcare practices never require more than one case. It’s unfortunate the doctor chose to inquire about new software rather than simply call us to gain a better understanding of how to use ECLIPSE! All his options are on one screen, easy to access, and refined by years of suggestions by his colleagues.

Charles from Curcuruto Chiropractic

May 2015

My experience with Eclipse has been excellent over all.

Pros

What I like best about Eclipse is the software is all inclusive and very well integrated.

Cons

The inability to edit and change some features in the encounter part of the software. Also, in the past year or so the Tech Support has add numerous people and they are not as fully conversant with the software and past personnel. They can answer simple question, but numerous times I have been unable to get an answer without either repeated calls and waiting for the tech support person to go speak to a supervisor or someone more knowledgeable or having to wait for someone to call back, which does not always happen.

Response from John Waskowitz. Senior VP, GalacTek

Replied June 2015

Thanks for your review. I researched your calls to our HELP Desk and was surprised about what you *didn’t* mention. For example, in August 2014, when you had an issue with the newest CMS-1500 form several months after its introduction… and weren’t able to communicate your issue to the HELP Desk… you simply contacted the developers directly through our websites! They, in turn, explained why the issue existed (a mistake in published government guidelines), handled your problem, and notified you that an update was available within 24 hours. Additionally, thanks to their extensive experience with federal audits, they also advised you with regard to a theoretical Medicare records request. So, in this instance, your perceived difficulties with the HELP Desk were actually about published CMS/NUCC documentation. Regardless, you were able to get our attention and had your issue handled immediately. Also, since Encounter content is basically 100% customizable, we hope you’ll contact the HELP Desk with any questions. I was unable to locate any calls from you or your office about the Encounter. We hope your future interactions with our HELP Desk meet your expectations.

Gary from 30-A Chiropractic & Medical

very intuitive practice management software

this practice has a combined patient load of greater than 5200 people that is a lot of patient monitoring and accuracy quired for CMS this software handles it with ease

Pros

the company continually monitors new requirements in the medical billing environment leaving little for the user to have to chase for answers

Cons

electronic Healthcare records and single page scanning is not intuitive requiring a lot of time spent for each patient. more training should be offer for this aspect of the software

Response from MPN Software Systems

Replied September 2017

The Help Desk reached out to you after reading your review. First, EHR training materials are already at your beck & call in the form of webinars, context sensitive documentation and one-on-one help from the Help Desk. Next, we'd agree that scanning is not intuitive. Instead, it's comprehensive. ECLIPSE offers extensive scanning, import & annotation capabilities that go way beyond "single page scanning" and allow you to get the most from its documentation capabilities. You can combine multiple documents into one new document, scan one or more documents and copy them to multiple patients, add electronic post-it notes, redact info, add various graphics (e.g. arrows), assign document-specific permissions, encrypt, and mark them as pending review for a specific provider. EHR related data entry tasks for CMS programs (e.g. MIPS) can be ignored if you don't participate. However, all such data entry is subjected to rigorous live user testing in order to minimize typing.

Rod from Melvin Chiropractic Health Center Inc.

Tech support was very helpful and went above and beyond my expectation. Most appreciated.

Pros

Great support. The program allows you to use it to the level that you need or desire. I appreciate that.

Cons

The program itself has a lot of steps to perform some actions. The EHR is not easy to use. It needs more point a click on to diagrams rather than writing.

Response from Dr. Karen Walters, DC

Replied April 2018

Perhaps you’re unaware that our legacy SOAP / documentation features provide exactly what you mention -- the ability to click on a picture to zero-in on a body part. We actually introduced the first integrated electronic SOAP / billing system back in 1991, and by 2010, we’d moved away from the older narrative formats that such systems create (which auditors & reviewers instantly recognize). The Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) has even testified about such formats and what they term “cut & paste” mentality before Congress. The Encounter was released in 2010 to conform to concepts mandated in the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009, DHHS preferences, and published studies regarding structured & unstructured data in clinical documentation. It’s now 2018, and we’ve received a great deal of feedback from payers, auditors & investigators, including comments that the Encounter “sets a new bar.” It’s also much faster for you to create your own clinical documentation than picture based systems – which typically provide an image only for your first click. In 2017, Dr. Evan Gwilliam, D.C. of ChiroCode used ECLIPSE documentation to illustrate his newest video: “The Perfect Note.”

Yamilia from Old Bridge Spine and Wellness Center

Deductible Accuaracy

Software should be updated to correctly show the breakdown of the explanation of benefits in order to post correctly. This is from a manual and EDI posting stand point. Posting should be easy and completely done from one screen. Deductibles should count according to what is applied not billed charges, especially for out of network provider.

Pros

Cons

The system does not do things that are necessary for posting payments & deductible accurately. Out of Network providers require more details in posting

Response from Mike Norworth

Replied March 2018

ANSI 835 posting is automated (which includes file retrieval if you’re using a recommended clearinghouse) & every line item on an EOB is imported, stored and available to you in multiple views at both the service & bill level. ECLIPSE also provides multiple ways to automate handling of any remaining balances along with individual overrides – all on a single screen. Next, deductibles are handled at multiple levels with a variety of overrides. Our multi-disciplinary chiropractic & physical therapy office has been using electronic billing & remittance for decades without any issues whatsoever, as have many thousands of ECLIPSE users. You contacted our Help Desk at the end of December & they explained how to use the parts of the program you seemed to be having difficulty with.

Nicole from Schimke Chiropractic, SC

20+ Years and Still Happy!

Pros

Although Eclipse is for health care clinics, we all have protocols unique to our profession and also to our individual offices. I find Eclipse software can adapt to the way we like to run our office. From EHR (now MIPS) requirements to a daily task list, it has you covered. For 20+ years, I have found the billing component second to none whether my patient pays at the time of service or we are submitting to a primary and secondary insurance on his or her behalf. And simply put, if a mistake is made, it can easily be corrected. Behind the scenes, one of my favorite gems through the years has been the Patient List which allows our office to run a report with a variety of filters- of which you can choose one or multiple. Finally, I have to mention the support team behind the program. They answer their phone and they help you find a solution. What more can I say. Love it!

Cons

I really can't think of anything I would change. The program continues to evolve keeping it current with the changes in the profession and within the billing industry.

Elizabeth from Smith Family Chiropractic

Eclipse software is loaded with help functions and the IT staff very knowledgeable.

Thank you, everyone at Eclipse, for all your help and understanding. Special thanks to our rep I really appreciate all the help you've given me.

Pros

l. Data entry very easy to get used to. We've had this product for a long time, and we continue to grow with it. 2. Finally starting using the CALENDAR. Yes, believe it or not, up until about a year ago we were still using a paper appointment book. CALENDARS GREAT!! 3. Decided to start doing our own billing. (Thanks, rep) I am not real computer savvy, but I can say I am now successfully doing our billing, and getting paid. The ability to literally "one click" to Infinedi is actually reality. 4. Having to call Eclipse for HELP is exactly that. No matter who you talk to, they speak in a language you can understand, and will stay with you until your problem has been fixed. 5. Price is so worth it!!

Cons

Literally can't think of any. I suppose if anything, my only complaint would be having to leave a message when I call. I'm just spoiled that way. I always get a call back, and guess what??? I get to talk to a human being.

Tewanna from Sherwood Chiropractic Center

May 2015

Review to 1.5 years to the software. Working years with EZ VIEW.

Pros

Posting daily charges Auto posting User-friendly Ability to navigate between screens

Cons

Creating reports. Often times I need a simple report of a payor name and patient balance with that payor and it just does not spit it out easily. Posting credit card payments. We don't like the credit transfer between a family. If the card goes through we should be able to allocate to different accounts Appointment Calendar we should be able to edit reschedule and cancel within the same touch. It would also be nice to go to posting from appt. with an easy stroke.

Response from Keith Ferry, GalacTek HELP Desk Director

Replied July 2015

Thanks for your comments. First, you’ll be happy to know that our HELP Desk personnel have direct access to experienced professionals who have consulted & lectured nationwide. Though we appreciate your request, we cannot ask your colleagues to routinely take time from their busy schedules to provide technical support. Also, though we have no record of any questions or suggestions submitted by your office through the Contact Us page on our website, we suggest you review the related ECLIPSE HELP topic – which has a direct link to the form. The ECLIPSE scheduler is a powerful tool that can be used in myriad ways. Please call the HELP Desk to learn how you can reschedule appointments via editing or cut/paste operations in one or two simple steps. Finally, we’re not certain we understand your patient/payer responsibility comments. Patient responsibility is always displayed on the ledger & payer balances are available by bill. Additionally, ECLIPSE allows you to transfer credits among family members via two simple steps.

Howard from Team Chiropactic Corp.

Gets the job done for one office or many

Staff is mostly helpful but not all the techs have the same patience

Pros

Moving around the program, specificity for insurance based practices is great. I have had staff pick up learning the software fairly easy

Cons

Not cloud based,only runs on Windows, no phone connection or emails direct to appointments,limited use with Cash Pracrice Systems

Response from Keith Ferry, Help Desk Director

Replied March 2018

Dr. Short, we spoke with you last week & are surprised that you never mentioned these subjects. You've been using ECLIPSE since the early 1990's (you purchased it directly from Parker Computer Systems) & have had the ability to send appointment reminders via text message or email, to individuals or groups, for well over a decade. There are also a variety of 3rd party services that will contact your patients via phone. Next, you can indeed use ECLIPSE in the cloud or access your ECLIPSE system remotely. Of course, *any* software will be faster & more secure on your LAN as compared with cloud based software – especially during hours with peak internet traffic. Finally, the ECLIPSE developers have maintained both insurance & cash patients (many of the cash payments are on “Health Made Affordable” aka “HMA” contracts) in their own multi-disciplinary chiropractic practice for years. We will attempt to contact your office to discuss these capabilities.

NEAL from Pure Chiropractic & Natural Health

Eclipse Medical Software is The Only Solution

Overall, Eclipse has made our practice function efficiently and smoothly for years! Take the time to call them today and tell them you saw the review by Dr. Neal Wieder!

Pros

Our office has been using Eclipse for over 15 years as our Business Management Software. The program has been the most stable program we ever used and I had used other major programs that were nightmares. Their software support teams are the best and work diligently to resolve any and all issues with tremendous followup! Their software is continually evolving and improving with a note system that's awesome and easy to use. We use it for both Chiropractic and Acupuncture services. All software programs run into glitches, however, with Eclipse been once in a blue moon, and if one occurs they work tirelessly to correct the glitch to our satisfaction. Entering payments, electronic billing, tracking unpaid claims, statistics, mailing labels, texting patients, emailing patients, plus, plus are just a few things this software is capable of doing. They even have a credit card option to use!

Joseph from South West Health Spine & Sport

Practice management

Pros

Handles multiple specialries and group pravtices. Easy to navigate and great support. Cloud and server based versions

Cons

Very weak EMR. Too much typing..norhing preloaded. All has to be built out by customer No touch screen interfacr.

Response from Dr. Karen Walters, D.C

Replied September 2017

We’ve attempted to contact your office to help you with your issues. First, ECLIPSE does indeed work with touch screens. (In fact, related touch/gesture updates have been noted in the README that accompanies your updates since at least 2014.) Next, we’re not sure whether you’re referring to clinical documentation or other aspects of a patient’s history. Regardless, for both, wherever possible, typing is actually minimized. For example, “Range of Motion” is a pop-up grid that allows you to make virtually all your selections with a few simple clicks. No typing is necessary at all unless you add comments to a specific item. And of course, you can add your own customizations instantly. Though customization is certainly an option, the original templates provided “as-is” are in widespread use nationally without any customization whatsoever – inclusive of the offices of chiropractors & physical therapists that helped design them. Most recently, Dr. Evan Gwilliam, D.C. of ChiroCode used ECLIPSE documentation to illustrate his newest video: “The Perfect Note.”

Kaitlyn from Sports and Family Chiropractic Group

Good for the money, could use some work.

Pros

Easy to use and easy to teach to new employees. Good quality for the price. Software seems to run quickly, and customer service is always great. Training videos are a huge plus as well.

Cons

Texting and emailing interface is not easy to use. Takes more work than it is worth to send texts and emails to patients. Some features are counter-intuitive, such as having to click on the big patient info box in the patient Rolodex rather than the search bar to search for a name.

Response from Dr. Karen Walters, D.C.

Replied December 2017

Please read the response we provided yesterday to Jace from your office (directly below). If you contact our Help Desk, they can help you better understand the rolodex you use daily. (We also provide free online training videos & context-sensitive Help.) It doesn’t require *any* clicking at all. Either use your pointing device to scroll patients individually & page by page… or… just start typing! The rolodex instantly narrows down your selections as you type, so you never have to type extra characters to “zero-in” on the correct patient. We introduced this technology to the industry in 1985 [it’s now in use everywhere] and even those among our own multi-disciplinary practice staff who joined with no basic computer skills have never had issues with it.

September 2016

Kyrsten from Lake Country Health Center

September 2016

Ease of Eclipse Software

Pros

Eclipse is very customizable to our clinic's specific needs. The advisor that we have worked with for the past 27 years has helped us make any changes or modifications that we needed to make easy. She made sure that everyone in the clinic was comfortable with the changes before she left. She has been wonderful to work with as we transitioned to EHR and came out to our clinic and met with us on several occasions to make sure our transition went as seamlessly as possible.

Cons

There are frequent updates that have to be done before/after hours.

Response from Ryan Weaver, VP

Replied September 2016

Hi Kyrsten! Thanks for your kind words. I reached out to Laura Davis, your rep, and asked her to contact you about updates. We’re actually proud of the fact that we’re constantly updating ECLIPSE, but there’s certainly no requirement that you download updates as often as we make them available. Unless you have a specific & immediate need for a change or addition, checking for internet based updates weekly, monthly or less often is up to you. I’d suggest you consider monthly updates as a reasonable compromise to ensure you’re “up-to-date.”

December 2011

Dr. Robert from Sylvester Chiropractic Centre

December 2011

First, you should know that our office attested to CMS for Meaningful use on October 19, 2011 and received the full $18,000 on November 30, 2011. It was quick and easy. And best of all, we received our payment during the first year of availability because ECLIPSE was certified before all the initial deadlines. I’ve been in practice since 1983 and began using ECLIPSE in 1989. At the time, software was all about billing… and there was a clear difference between ECLIPSE and everything else we looked at. Within the next decade, after some experimentation, a scheduler had been developed and integrated that was as terrific as the billing. Throughout this period – because I’m comfortable with technology – I kept checking out competitive products. As we moved through HIPAA, ECLIPSE was always updated so my staff & I stayed in compliance with the law. And the features kept growing – like the form generator that saves us so much time handling the paperwork we’re constantly bombarded with. During that time, I had an idea for an add-on component that would handle electronic sign-in, hired a programmer, and had it integrated directly with the ECLIPSE database – something I couldn’t have easily done with another product. It worked out so well that now a team of programmers maintains it and it's in widespread use. I’ve been using the ECLIPSE EHR to scan EOB’s (among other things) for years, have all my SOAP in ECLIPSE and have worked through subsequent generations of SOAP as they improved the product. The Encounter – which is a completely new design – allows me to handle my notes in seconds… a feat rare among friends & colleagues with various SOAP systems. And I still appreciate the fact that MPN developed every aspect of ECLIPSE themselves… and haven’t licensed their scheduler… or their SOAP… or their billing… from other companies! It makes the program easier to learn for my staff & me. The bottom line is pretty simple. Many of my colleagues have been forced to make new purchases as their software of choice fell behind current technology. It’s a story that seems to repeat itself regularly. Yet, those of us who purchased ECLIPSE are still using it. And they’re the only company I know of that hasn’t raised fees for their certified products. I don’t know any doctors who’ve received incentive payments using a product that’s been around for more than two decades!

Dr. Roger from Aarrow Straight Chiropractic

Understanding How To Utilize The Various Features

I highly recommend Eclipse to other clinicians seeking a simple to use management software program in their offices. I have only used some of the features and realized there is so much more to utilize and create for your own personal templates of reports, data bases, etc.

Pros

The Eclipse office management software has always been easy to learn and utilize. The support staff has been very thorough in ensuring I am satisfied with their help when they are assisting me.

Cons

The ignorant computer operator, me a 55 year old provider who always delegated the task to someone else on the staff, is now needing to handle the software end of the practice. I am very limited in any capacity involving the use of the computer and was terrified of it. Eclipse's support team has made the learning so easy and accessible. The Saturday afternoon hours for the "holding of my hand" to help me learn the amazing options and features of the software was so beneficial for me.

Timothy from Dayton Chiropractic Clinic

26 years and counting of exceptional service

I have been in practice 32 years and had tried several different programs. I started using Eclipse in March of 1992 and never had to look for another product. The old phrase "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies to your program. Thank you 26 great years!

Pros

The biggest Pro is the outstanding service. Anytime I or my staff have to call we are always greeted with your friendly staff & always receive resolutions to whatever issue we are encountering. The program is user friendly and Eclipse has always stayed on top with updates. In our ever changing insurance environment this is essential. The value for money is also a plus!

Cons

I keep coming back to this section (Cons of program) and seriously can't think of one that would justify listing here. There are always issues that crop up, but that usually has to do with some change in insurance and it requires Eclipse to create a work around, but that isn't a con on Eclipse's part.

Giulio from Village Chiropractic Associates

Been happy with Eclipse for over 20 years

We weren't using Eclipse's EHR because we had been using DC Powernotes for many years. DC Powernotes stopped offering support and updates several years ago so we recently looked into going with another software that we thought would have a good EHR but when we revisited Eclipse's EHR we were surprised at how good it had become. Much better than it was years ago. We always loved Eclipse's practice management capabilities but now with the ease of EHR it's got everything we need. Definitely use the third party vendors that work with Eclipse, such as X-Charge & Infinedi for integration of credit card & electronic billing and remittances and DataDepositBox for cloud backup.

Pros

Their practice management does EVERYTHING we need and more. Their EHR is through and fast. Easy to use interface. Constant updates. Great support.

Cons

There's not much we don't like about Eclipse. I suppose the only thing we'd like to see is that they go cloud based. Then we could use it on an Apple computer!

Nick from Payne Chiropractic

Great software with awesome support

I would highly recommend Eclipse to anyone that wants a streamlined EHR experience. The way that the data is organized works extremely well for me. In my opinion the support you get is just as important as the software itself. With Eclipse my experience has been nothing short of 5 stars!

Pros

The ease of use is definitely a pro. My staff and myself picked up on the software very quickly and easily. I personally liked the ease of customizing each screen. The software I used before required many screens to be used to create a note. Eclipse does a better job with only a fraction of the screens required. The support has been great. I have only had a few issues, but they were responded to quickly and resolved in the same day, sometimes with in an hour or two.

Cons

The only con that I have seen with this software is the extra time i have to spend doing my honey do list instead of paperwork.

Ronna from Mainland Wellness and Rehab

Pretty reliable product but culd use more training on impementing the features to suit our practice best.

Pros

Customer service is usually good. We lost our eclipse program recently and Hector was really helpful and got us up and running again the same day.

Cons

There are no training programs. After there is an update released and things added there is really no training on the new features. I'm pretty sure we could use this program more efficiently and that it has features we don't understand if there was a periodic training class we could access.

Response from Mike Norworth

Replied June 2018

Hi Ronna. Each & every update is accompanied by a README document, which often contains step-by-step instructions (as appropriate) for using new features. Updates may also be accompanied by updated HELP files, so you can press F1 for context-sensitive help. Training videos are available from your ECLIPSE menu, and the Help Desk is ready & able to assist you with anything you need. If you prefer even more extensive 1-on-1 training, that’s available from trainers either in your office or via the internet.

Keith from Zimmermann Chiropractic & Wellness Center, LLC

Eclipse software

Pros

Appointment schedule and billing components. Could add an option to block time for multiple days or months. The new addition for multiple appointments in the patient charts when there is a conflict is very helpful.

Cons

Payment applications in patient accounts. It would be helpful to have the payments automatically applied to the oldest bill when adjustments have been completed. An easier option would be an billed amount on the top banner in the patient ledger. In addition to patient owes tab a unbilled tab would be helpful!

Response from Dr. Karen Walters, DC

Replied January 2018

First, we’d like to point out that the “new addition” you’re happy about was requested by you, added by us, and in use by you within days of your request. Next, we asked our Help Desk Director to reach out to your office today to help you with some of your other comments. For example, you can easily change your ledger view in seconds to display unbilled items by selecting available filters.

Scott from Scott H Hensley DC, Inc

For over 20 years I have used and depended on Eclipse Practic Management Software in my chiropractic practice and it has given me total peace of mind concerning the day to day operations of my office

Pros

Its ability to be an "all in one" product that my office can make appoitnments, track charges, track patients, and track payments, do electronic billing, paper billing, and all the functions a chriopractic office needs as well as being a multi-user program. Eclipse over 20 years has kept up with changes concerning Medicare, HIPPA compliance, EHR, electronic billing and technology to the point I am running my Eclipse Software from multiple stations from multiple locataions with the program operating from the cloud.

Cons

I cannot think of anything that I do not like about the product at this time. There have been times through the years I would say to myself I wish Eclipse did this or that, but usually within a year or two Eclipse would add the feature that I was thinking of.

Seiichiro from Ando Chiropractic, LLC

Former Eclipse user

I used to use this software for over 8 years. I switched to a different EHR because my practice required more detail chart system. Overall I was satisfied with the software.

Pros

A stable system with very few bugs. Easy ledger.

Cons

Not cloud software--you need to back up the data frequently. I heard it provide the cloud backup now. Medical chart is not easy to use and hard to customize. Customer service is slow and often unavailable.

Response from Mike Norworth

Replied February 2017

Thanks for your comments. As far as we can determine, you stopped using ECLIPSE in 2014. When you purchased ECLIPSE in 2009, you refused training. Over the years that followed, we received a single call from you regarding our SOAP documentation. It’s unfortunate you didn’t communicate your frustration. Reviewers here & elsewhere have raved about our Encounter technology. We wish we’d had an opportunity to help you. ECLIPSE has received 5 star reviews on this site from multi-disciplinary offices with hundreds of employees and dozens of providers (e.g. “Reina from Southland Spine and Rehab Med Ctr” in March 2015). In fact, the office that created that review has used ECLIPSE exclusively in the “cloud” since before the term “cloud” became popular. And you are indeed correct that we offer URAC HIPAA Security Accredited cloud backup services. Finally, after extensive review of your call history dating back to 2009, we’re unsure where we went wrong providing customer support. For example, we researched the 7 calls you made to us in 2014. 4 were answered live with hold times under 1 minute; 2 calls were returned within 60 seconds; 1 was returned within 30 minutes. To the best of our knowledge, we resolved your issue during each call. We’re sorry we disappointed you.

Barbara from Sky L Shelby Inc

Highly Recommend Eclipse Software

Pros

We have had this software active in our office for nearly 4 years. It was easy to install and customize to our office. We have not implemented all of the features as of yet, but look to in the near future. The training was very straight forward and easy to understand. If you have an issue, usually operator error, the support team is patient and understanding when explaining things to you. They don't talk over your head as some do that we have had in past with our other software. The electronic billing that is used with the software is also easy to us and their support staff is also very helpful and will get you through anything that you are having problems with. We love the Eclipse software and have recommended it to other chiropractors/

Sandra from Family Chiropractic of Lederach

Always great customer service through the Help Desk

Customer Representative was most gracious in helping us resolve an EHR problem over the last few days. I needed to restore a backup and reinstall our EHR and he was confident, patient and friendly.

Pros

I appreciate how comprehensive Eclipse is for our chiropractic office. With 3 chiropractors, massage therapy, reflexology, acupuncture and nutritional health coaching, our scheduler can handle it.

Cons

The note-taking has been a thorn in our side for many years, and we keep working to improve, but it is still a time consumer.

Response from Keith Ferry, Help Desk Director

Replied May 2018

Dr. Andersson, I personally reached out after reading your review. Your comments (“note-taking has been a thorn in our side for many years”) left us with the impression that you were unhappy with how your SOAP is handled in ECLIPSE. Thank you for the clarification you provided: you were referring to the concept of dealing with clinical documentation in general.

Lisa from Bates Chiropractic Clinic

Outstanding Practice Management Software and Customer Service!!!

Buy Eclipse! Eclipse is one of the best things we did for our clinic.

Pros

Eclipse gives you exactly what we need to run a successful practice! Insurance filing is made simple and integration with our clearinghouse is seamless. Unlimited help is available Monday through Friday. Eclipse gives you everything you need without the unnecessary bells and whistles that jam things up. I had one software program prior to Eclipse that was overly fancy and hard to use and kept breaking down with poor customer service. Eclipse invented the wheel when it comes to Chiropractic Software! Eclipse is the BEST!!!

Cons

There is only one con. The trainer we had initially was not a good match. I would make sure to recognize your learning style and get someone who will go at your speed and be a good communicator and a people person. I learned more through calling the help center Monday through Friday then I did with hiring one of their trainers.

Sarah from Center for Natural Medicine

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Custom Fix for a Custom Problem

Pros

We have had eclipse for many years and never had a reason to consider switching to another software. It is reliable, and if an issue arises it is quick and easy to get a helpful answer. This particular instance we had an error that was not reported by anyone else, and couldn't be recreated since it was so strange. This didn't phase the tech team though - they made a fix and had an update out within the week! Sometimes it takes that long just to hear back from a company. There was plenty of followup ensuring that the fix was still working.

Cons

Any issue we have ever had, has been resolved so I can't really say much here! If I'm trying to figure out an issue, it's easy to look it up or call. Really our only complaint is that we wish we were able to fully switch over to using Eclipse to process credit cards - we will as soon as our contract with our current processor is complete!

Rob from Linton Spine & Joint Chiropractic Center

Making the transition to any software can be tough, I have done it three times due to changes in technology. This software has two great benefits. 1. It is easy to navigate, I was really understanding the screens just after working with them on a dozen pa

I have looked at several softwares and owned 3 different ones, by far I have been the most pleased by this software because of modification ability to make it your own.

Pros

The ease of adding or modifying content. I was doing it in real time after the 1st day of using the software. Also the support has been stellar. I can't say enough about how easy it is to get your questions answered.

Cons

I don't like the schedule layout, it is average in my opinion. Our office have learned to use it well and get it to serve our needs which is a two doctor and 2 massage therapist clinic. Even with my opinion of this, I would buy this software again as is, but hope there is improvements to the lay out in the future.

Response from Mike Norworth

Replied October 2018

Dr. Linton. Thanks for your review. We’re somewhat surprised that you seem to be struggling with the scheduler. You’ve never hesitated to call about issues in the past… but haven’t asked for help with appointments! We’ve reached out to your office to provide whatever help we can.

March 2015

Reina from Southland Spine and Rehab Med Ctr

March 2015

ECLIPSE overshadows the competition!

Pros

It is difficult to pick one or two features, as ECLIPSE has so many features we like best. However, after all is said and done, we like the fact that ECLIPSE has kept up with the changes in the industry, which has been instrumental in the growth of our practice. We started using ECLIPSE PMS back in 1995 when we had only two doctors in the practice. Now, with over 150 employees, 35 providers, two office locations, and one ambulatory surgery center, ECLIPSE has kept up with our growth, which has given us one less thing to worry about as we manage our medical group. Even today, I just received an e-mail of a new feature that is being implemented. Simply phenomenal!

Cons

We operate 24/7, so it would be nice to have 24/7 support. That being said, this has not really been an issue because we hardly call support.

Kelly from Potomac Physical Medicine

Technical support

Pros

Technical support is supportive. Most of them are very knowledgeable and easy to get in touch with. The software does have some problems that Eclipse is working through, but other than that it is very user friendly.

Cons

I don't like certain things but find the software easy to use and navigate. It is plug and play type software and there are several ways to do one thing.

Response from Keith Ferry, Help Desk Director

Replied October 2017

I just spoke with you on the phone. You told me today that the problems you had believed were our fault were in fact fixed by your system tech Monday after he discovered a network problem. Next, Dr. Fontaine communicated with our development team in recent weeks & received both a response and notification of an update within days (even as we pointed out that you should have been using a different report to achieve your goal both more quickly & more precisely).

Tom from Nonnenmacher Chiropractic

Wow great software

Pros

For the EHR aspect it is easy and fast. Stored phrases helps out when doing DTR WNL for example.

Cons

Would love have more of an anatomical body where I can point on area of patient concern. Which it would tell the EHR area of segment of adjustment.

Response from Dr. Karen Walters, D.C.

Replied May 2016

We’re glad to hear you’re happy with the Encounter. You’ve been using ECLIPSE since 2010. Perhaps that’s why you’re unaware that our legacy SOAP / documentation features provide exactly what you mention -- the ability to click on a picture to zero-in on a body part. We actually introduced the first integrated electronic SOAP / billing system back in 1991, and by 2010, we’d moved away from the older narrative formats that such systems create (which auditors & reviewers instantly recognize). The Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) has even testified about such formats and what they term “cut & paste” mentality before Congress. The Encounter was released in 2010 to conform to concepts mandated in the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009, DHHS preferences, and published studies regarding structured & unstructured data in clinical documentation. It’s now 2016, and we’ve received a great deal of feedback from auditors & investigators, including comments that the Encounter “sets a new bar.”

Leonard from Leonard V Deleasa, DC / Carlstadt Chiropractic Center

Had a poblem w/ software and handled well.

Had a software problem and called and got great tech support on this recent issue from the technician. The tech called back a few times until the issue was fully resolved. Recommend him to anyone and everyone.

Pros

Ease of use. Can add custom lines to the templates. The program is very easy to use and understand.

Cons

If you are in a condition and have billed out visits in this condition and if you want to change the diagnosis or adjust it, it will change the diagnosis on any future bills / visits but it also changes the diagnosis on previous billed visits if they need to be re-billed. Sometimes you want to remove portions of a multiple diagnosis as the patient improves.

Response from Dr. Karen Walters, D.C

Replied April 2017

Dr. Deleasa, you’ve been a client for almost 30 years. After reading about your recent interaction with the Help Desk, I requested they contact you immediately to help you with diagnosis entry. ECLIPSE has always allowed you to create an unlimited # of conditions for any patient case – each of which allows you to manage all the information generally associated with a patient condition (diagnoses, dates, etc.). You’re not expected to edit existing conditions for billed data. Instead, you simply create a new condition, copy the data and make whatever small or large changes may be required – a process which generally takes seconds.

Daisy from WM&R

Oldie but Goodie

I have used Eclipse software for about 16 years. I think it is easy to use and handles many aspects of the practice such as billing, scheduling, EMR and reports. Usually when you call for customer service you don't get anyone on the line and you have to leave a voicemail with your call back number and you have to wait for them to call you. The wait varies. I've waited between 15 minutes to 24 hours for a call back. Our practice has been searching for other practice softwares and doing training and demos for other software I do realize Eclipse, although user friendly, isn't keeping up with the times. Eclipse isn't cloud accessible, and as far as the SOAP notes, the set up can be better as well as the way it generates the note. Also, the patient statements aren't the best nor any other statements that are printed. It sucks that we cannot put our logo in any of the print outs. We've been told by many, that the software is very archaic . I'm satisfied overall. Just wish, more updates would occur to keep up with healthcare changes and technological changes in society.

Response from MPN Software Systems

Replied March 2016

We spoke with Dr. Bracic on 3/24/2016, four months after you posted your review. Apparently you did purchase & begin using a competitor's cloud-based product -- and then returned to ECLIPSE. We appreciate your continued support. We admit to being quite puzzled by your comments. ECLIPSE has a variety of high tech new features. And the Encounter technology we released in 2010 has been lauded across the USA as auditors have routinely noted their preference for our data driven documentation. You've also been able to use ODBC to create custom statements for years. ECLIPSE can be hosted in "the cloud" -- and is for a variety of clients. Updates are posted to the internet weekly (taking up over 10 pages in your README in 2015 alone). Finally, of 15 calls you placed to the HELP Desk in 2015, 50% were picked up live with wait times from 4 seconds to 5 minutes. At least 3 were hangups & no msg was left.

Angela from Health Goals Chiropractic

Tried and true

Pros

The back office aspect of this software was excellent. My staff easily could generate reports for just about any parameter we wanted. It was easy to switch between cases in patient files (from cash to different insurances, etc.) and this made tracking things such as patient balances very easy.

Cons

It didn't integrate as well with emails, social media, patient reminders, etc., as other products.

Response from Mike

Replied June 2016

We appreciate your review, but admit we’re somewhat puzzled. As of your May 2016 review, you haven’t updated ECLIPSE for the past 8 years! ECLIPSE has extensive capabilities to contact patients via their preferred method of text message, email or via the patient portal, as well as extensive integration with third party products that interact with patients directly via social media. ECLIPSE also has dedicated reminder capabilities which have been in widespread use for years. In fact, over 70 pages of documented README changes have been made to ECLIPSE since your last update.

Rena from CHIROPRACTIC

HORRIBLE

OVERALL I AM VERY UNIMPRESSED. I HAVE WORKED WITH SEVERAL OTHER MEDICAL SOFTWARE PROGRAMS AND ECLIPSE IS BY FAR THE MOST OUTDATED AND INEFFICIENT. IF YOU HAVE A BUSY PRACTICE THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT THE SOFTWARE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AS THIS WILL SLOW YOUR PRACTICE DOWN. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A COMPANY THAT VALUES YOU AS A CUSTOMER, THIS IS NOT THE COMPANY FOR YOU. THE DEVELOPER I PERSONALLY SPOKE TO WAS RUDE, AND EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL.

Pros

SENDING CORRECT CLAIMS ARE VERY SIMPLE THE COST OF THE PRODUCT IS FAIRLY INEXPENSIVE WHEN CALLING ECLIPSE, THE WAIT MUSIC IS INTERESTING

Cons

- POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE (REPS SEEMS LIKE THEY ARE UNSURE ABOUT FEATURES AND HOW TO HELP YOU) - SOFTWARE SEEMS VERY OUTDATED - TOO MANY STEPS TO MAKE A SIMPLE PATIENT APPT - YOU RARELY CAN GET A LIVE PERSON WHEN YOU CALL FOR HELP, YOU CALL TYPICALLY GOES STRAIGHT TO VOICEMAIL AND THEN YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR SOMEONE TO CALL YOU BACK. - TAKE WAY TOO MANY STEPS TO MAKE A BILL BATCH (VERY TIME CONSUMING) - POOR PATIENT STATEMENTS - PATIENT LEDGERS BECOME VERY MESSY AND YOU HAVE TO FLIP BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN 2 SCREENS - IF THEY DON'T HAVE A FEATURE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR THEY TELL YOU TO SEND A SUGGESTION, BUT WHEN YOU DO, THE DEVELOPER EMAILS YOU BACK AND IS COMPLETELY RUDE AND CONFRONTATIONAL. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL TO SAY THE LEAST. - SPEED IS VERY VERY SLOW (ECLIPSE SAYS THAT'S NORMAL IF THE PATIENT ACCOUNT IS LARGE) - FEE SCHEDULES ARE A NIGHTMARE TO ORGANIZE - THEY NEED MORE EMPLOYEES AT THEIR HELP DESK, TO WAIT HOURS OR DAYS FOR AN ANSWER IS NOT ACCEPTABLE

Response from Dr. Karen Walters, D.C.

Replied June 2018

Hello Rena & Jillian. We see you wrote tandem reviews. You’re both from New Berlin Chiropractic and Therapy Center – an office that has been an ECLIPSE client since 2007. We’re sorry you have such an unfortunate recollection & interpretation of your recent interactions with us. We too, still have all the email as well as recordings of our phone conversations! So, let’s discuss precisely what prompted you to write a review. You complained that we needed to “fix” ECLIPSE because it wasn’t working with your Dragon dictation software. We purchased a copy of Dragon for $300 (we sent you our order#) & discovered it worked flawlessly. (What other company would even do that?) We gave you some pointers and suggestions about dealing with Nuance technical support. Instead, you angrily insisted that we explain exactly how to get Dragon working properly on your computer & insisted that its failure on your system is somehow our fault & responsibility (though we have absolutely no relationship whatsoever with the company or its software). You also demanded we “fix” remittance advice import. After we explained that you could indeed do what you claimed wasn’t working (after all, every other office including mine is able to handle this), we made multiple attempts to reach your office on the phone to help you. For instance, a technician attempted to reach Rena on 6/14/2018 & left a message with Jillian. You didn’t call back. You did call us this week about a variety of issues after you apparently made major changes to your existing computer hardware & software. We helped you correct the issues related to improper setup by you and/or your technicians. Finally, you called us yesterday after downloading an update to complain about performance retrieving a few patients. (ECLIPSE is used on networks of 200+ workstations w/o the performance issues you describe.) We made some suggestions & expected (we still do) to further work with you today. We’re sorry you’re so angry about our frequent recent interactions as well as puzzled by your representation of them here. As you already know from your phone calls yesterday, we expect to further help you troubleshoot your issue today. Finally, did you know you have extensive control regarding how ECLIPSE appears on your computer screen? ECLIPSE is compatible with Windows versions 7 & newer. Please consider speaking to our Help Desk about customizing its “look & feel” as well as exploring your many other comments above. UPDATE: As of 10:30am on 6/29/2018, hours after your reviews were posted, your expected follow-up call was completed & virtually all the issues you claim in your review (e.g. 13 second patient retrieval times) have disappeared and are no longer a problem (according to you on a recorded call).

Jillian from New Berlin Chiropractic & Therapy

Horrible Practice Management Software

Myself and our billing manager were hired on late in 2017 at a local chiropractic office with 2 chiropractors and 2 massage therapists. This is our first experience with Eclipse and I can confidently say that after working with them on and off for nearly a year… CHOOSE ANYONE ELSE FOR YOUR PRACTICE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE. Eclipse is highly outdated and offers minimal features. Their developer has emailed our billing manager back and forth and his tone is completely unprofessional – he chooses to blame the consumer for issues instead of taking responsibility and walking through them like an upstanding company. We have copies of the correspondence as proof… it is just that bad. We spent months updating our workstations and server and are currently running Windows 10 professional and Windows Server 2016. I have stress tested and benchmarked each of our workstations as well as our server and they all run perfectly as they should. That being said, ever since we updated Eclipse itself, it has been ridiculously slow. Some patient charts take as long as 13 seconds to pull up after clicking on them. How 13 second response times are acceptable in the year 2018, I have no idea. Eclipse help desk employees state they are open between 8am-8pm (Central time zone) and 99% of the time we call, we are forced to leave a voicemail and wait for a return phone call at a random time and often not even the same day. It is highly inconvenient as we cannot just drop what we are doing during office hours to troubleshoot with Eclipse. We call when we have downtime, and Eclipse is never there. Today, I called Eclipse to find out why we are experiencing such slow response times within our software. I sat on hold for over 10 minutes and I was hung up on. I called back and received the voicemail and left a message – only time will tell when they choose to return it. We are just absolutely fed up with how Eclipse operates and were absolutely shocked to see that they are rated at 4.5 stars, currently. We are actively looking to switch to a more reliable and professionally run practice management company such as ChiroTouch. I have even used EZ-Bis and prefer them over Eclipse (Galactek) software.

Pros

It's designed for use from Chiropractors, straight-forward looking schedule, lots of colors to choose from when color-coding patients.

Cons

Very slow response times, unprofessional and rude software developer, minimal features, horrible customer service protocols.

Response from Dr. Karen Walters, D.C.

Replied June 2018

Natalie from Horine Chiropractic

The Help Desk Techs make the software seem less intimidating

I absolutely enjoyed working with my rep from the Help Desk. He made my transition to a new clearinghouse much easier by being patient while walking me through every step in order to actually learn how to utilize the software better. It was an added bonus that his personality shines through the phone, is contactable, relatable and enjoys solving problems.

Pros

Customizable to work in any medical office setting, it has EHR capabilities which until recently, was absolutely intimidating, it offers continuous updates and most importantly, the Help Desk Techs are very contactable and extremely helpful (when they are reached). In fact, it wasn't until recent that I began utilizing the Help Desk (which we pay for this monthly), but once I realized how much quicker I could learn the software and decrease the intimidation factor, I now reach out weekly. Hector was the first person to actually allow me to enjoy this product. In fact, his great interpersonal skills over the phone allowed me to become more interested in learning the usages of Eclipse beyond the once limited use my office was acquainted with. The day-to-day usage of this software has exponentially increased efficiencies once I was able to teach my techs how to run daily operating procedures. I look forward to transitioning to EHR as soon as we are able to customize our own SOAP notes and create a user friendly interface... with the Help Desk walking us through every step of the way, of course.

Cons

This software is very intimidating due to its vast capabilities it possesses. It is meant to work throughout any medical office, but for that reason it is very overwhelming. In my chiropractic office we require a much smaller selection of options. Unless, I have someone from the Help Desk walking me through the software, it's like trying to find marbles in a bucket of sand and is time consuming. Though they are always updating the software, it still seems dated. Its layout is just not simple. Certainly not something Steve Jobs created because it is has too much going on and isn't as intuitive as I would like.

Response from Mike

Replied June 2017

We’re happy to hear the Help Desk consistently provides what you need & shows you how to find anything you inquire about. Your practice purchased ECLIPSE in 2008; you joined the practice years later and never received standard training. So, I’m sure you’ll be excited to learn that over 50 training videos are available directly from your ECLIPSE Help menu. Please bear in mind that ECLIPSE is not an iPhone app. It’s a robust program that has evolved constantly over its lifespan to remain competitive, useful to doctors like you, and user friendly. As an ONC certified Complete EHR, ECLIPSE contains a variety of options that few chiropractors need or use. However, those options are required of all certified software – and if you don’t use the capabilities, you can simply ignore or hide them. Most ECLIPSE features are the result of requests from thousands of client offices across the USA -- offices like yours. The ECLIPSE user interface is absolutely current & fully supports Windows Desktop themes, cue banners, touch screen input capabilities and other features only available in recent Windows versions. We hope you’ll make use of available training videos so you can more fully utilize existing features.

Therese from Miller Sports & Wellness Chiropractic

Good features but unstable and unpredictable

I began using Eclipse in Oct 2013. To summarize the details to follow: when the system works, it is ok. However we have had consistent problems and the instability, errors and discrepancies within the system have been endless. CONS: Consistently unstable and quirky repetitive problems. We have worked exhaustively with support on these issues. Some reps are incredibly knowledgeable, others not as much. Friendliness and response time to concerns has been highly variable as well and many issues remain unresolved. I think it is best to use examples to highlight our problems. Here are the top 5 most consistent errors (this is not exhaustive): Multiple people in file. We frequently have need for multiple staff in a patient file at once (ie clinician finishing EHR and front desk in ledger for check out). A message is generated when multiple users are in a file and the file is “read-only” for anyone except the first person to access. When the primary user completes their task then closes the file, another message notifies the file is released. Not a problem, knew that going in. However about 50% of the time when the secondary person tries to save data (after the file release with no changes made during the read-only period) an error is generated and that workstation crashes. It takes approximately 90 seconds to get out then back into the system. We had to create a protocol to work around this, creating significant office inefficiency. Save errors Any changes made to the system (demographics, EHR, notes, alerts, etc) require manually saving. As noted above, save errors occur often with multiple users in an account. However, we have had extensive errors when saving that we have not been able to identify triggers. Some days it will happen 10 or 12 times, others not at all. When the save error occurs all data recently changed is lost. I can’t tell you how many notes myself and my staff have had to rebuild. Out of habit we all hit save after almost every click. Makes notes much more tedious than they would otherwise be. User errors Theoretically our license allows up to 7 users at one time. We have 5 people in office, so clearly within that license. However our providers bounce treatment rooms throughout the day. Starting approx 6 months ago (after an update), we routinely get a “max user error” telling us we have too many users in the system (It has reported as many as 22 users). Support has been unable to offer any solutions, and claims it has nothing to do with the update. This happens during heavy patient volume (we are a low volume practice, on average seeing 70 pt/week), but also light volume. When it occurs it crashes the entire program and will not allow logging in for approximately 5-10 minutes when the “users reset.” So we have 2 choices: wait- unable to access patient data (approx 5-10 min delay), or manually delete the current user file (approx 3-5 minute delay). You can see the inefficiency when this happens 5+ times/day. Inconsistent Reports Although the reports are extensive, their reliability is not consistent. One example: referrals. We collect new patient referral information and (used to) pull a report quarterly to see where our referrals are coming from. When we filter the report for the time range, the end report still includes referrals from all time. I have also found multiple discrepancies in several financial reports, assigned provider/treating provider reports (for bonus structures), and more. We have worked with support/Laura on this with no resolution. We finally went to tracking manually because we couldn’t devote ongoing energy without solutions. Can’t view file types, deleted printers, scanners, etc Periodically we have been unable to view certain file types on different workstations. For example, we use a template for tracking physical therapy/rehab. We have done exhaustive analysis for triggers such as changes to a work-station, system settings, updates, anti-virus scans, etc…..and the reason remains unknown. We have learned to correct the situation, although it took approximately 2 years for us to figure it out on our own; tech support finally helped, but it took about 6 different tickets before resolution. This has also happened multiple times with visibility of office printers, scanners, etc from various work stations. OUR EFFORTS: Throughout this journey we have tried to work with tech support who rarely takes ownership of problems. We have been told our network is unstable so we have upgraded/replaced every piece of hardware (server, gigabit switch, routers, modems, several computers, and more); we re-wired our office with CAT5 wiring in case the problem was in wiring. We have worked with 3 separate IT companies to professionally troubleshoot the problems, all of which have ensured me it cannot be external to the program. The cost of the system has quite literally tripled from the original purchase price. SUMMARY: After 3.5 years of “making it work,” I am currently evaluating other systems and planning to move on. I would not recommend this system.

Pros

The transition and training was very smoothe from our previous EHR and very well managed. Our sales rep, Laura Davis, was AMAZING, and has continued to be for 3.5 years, often acting as support and helping troubleshoot problems. The system is highly customizable, has great alerts, and as a comprehensive system should have allowed streamlined workflow.

Response from Keith Ferry, Help Desk Director

Replied November 2016

Dr. Therese Miller, thank you for using examples in your review. It helped tremendously as I first researched your comments & then spoke to your Milwaukee, WI office. What’s most unfortunate here is that any of these items would have been easily resolved had you actually called us. As it turns out, you repeatedly called a 3rd party rather than our HELP Desk – especially during the period from 5/2015 through 9/2016 when you never spoke to the Help Desk at all. And of course, until a week ago, you’ve been running a 2+ year old version of the software. Most recently, your office personnel seem to have unintentionally deleted patient files as you attempted to handle the “user errors” you describe. As far as we can tell, that’s the sole reason you became angry enough to write this review. Perhaps, if you had followed our backup recommendations, this problem wouldn’t have become an issue. However, you use a vendor we do not recommend and weren’t able to restore the data you erased because no recent backup existed. First, any & all software in current use has restrictions when multiple users attempt to edit the same data simultaneously. That’s why we created Real Time Data Flow (RTDF) several years ago. This could have been instantly & easily turned on for your office at any time – and would have eliminated any issues you describe regarding multiple users & saving data. But you never called the Help Desk. (It would have taken less than a minute to make this change.) The user error issues would have also been eliminated by speaking with the Help Desk and/or working through the problem with them. Next, based on your example, reports aren’t generating inconsistent data. On the contrary, if you had called the Help Desk, we would have explained how to properly run the report you describe. In your case, an additional filter might have been recommended. And we would have ensured you were more familiar with data filters, a concept used throughout ECLIPSE. You also make a series of comments about your network, but never disclose the fact that your original network consisted of an old wireless home router and a few laptops that couldn’t provide the performance necessary for data throughput on your system. Finally, we’re happy you renewed your subscription this past month & believe our annual subscription is quite reasonably priced. But it seems you saved hundreds of dollars at great expense to your practice. We invest a great deal of time & money into our technical support operations. We’re sorry you opted not to use those services to the extent you claim.

Annie from Sunstone Health Associates

2.5

1.5

December 2015

Review by receptionist who also bills insurance

Pros

The price is right, it provides electronic billing capabilities, you can download ERA and EOB information from your clearinghouse, and GalacTek Help Desk can usually help you solve a problem

Cons

Since Eclipse is a stand-alone system, it’s very helpful that it allows practitioners to view the calendar via Google. Two problems. First, a practitioner may be forced to change their Google password to comply with Eclipse requirements. Out of four practitioners, three had to change their passwords. Second, when I enter an appointment on the calendar, it will sync to Google. If I edit that same appointment to change the time frame or to cut and paste it to another date, that does not always sync to Google, greatly compromising the accuracy of the calendar viewed in Google. It’s easy to enter new patient information into Eclipse. However, phone numbers and email addresses are entered under a separate demographic tab. Cumbersome. Also, there are programming inconsistencies. When indicating “race” you must click in a tiny box beside the choice. But when indicating “ethnicity” you may simply click on the choice, without having to carefully aim for a tiny box. I have found these programming inconsistencies elsewhere in Eclipse. One of the worst programming inconsistencies is the use of the date cells. When entering a patient’s date of birth, you must click on the calendar, then the cell is populated with today’s date. (We have no patients who were born today!) You then click on month, change it, tab to day, change it, tab to year, change it. But when using a date cell in the patient’s ledger, after the month is entered, the cursor will automatically move to the next cell, and so on. Because of the difference in programming for these date cells, I cannot confidently enter dates without watching carefully what I am doing. To save newly entered information in a patient folder, you must click a red “X” which is labeled “Close”. When new to Eclipse, this is an uncomfortable concept. The word “SAVE” would be helpful or even “SAVE and CLOSE.” The big red “X” just doesn’t compute. Issues with using the calendar to schedule appointments include: 1. There is no “TODAY” button. You must click the tiny calendar and then click the tiny option “Today.” A 2-click process. Doesn’t seem very ominous until you realize that you are on different dates all day and then your 2 clicks turn into 200 clicks. 2. Recurring appointments are cumbersome to set. The best option I have found is to set the first, then copy and paste it to each succeeding date and time. It works, but is very time consuming. If there is a more efficient way to create recurring appointments, Eclipse has made it difficult to discover. 3. After setting a patient appointment, you must return to “Views” to ensure that you have indeed set the appointment! Skipping this skip is very dangerous. A real confidence buster. Eclipse offers a “preview” of bills and documents you have scanned and saved to the patient’s file. However, scrolling to view more than one page of documents is so cumbersome that you often need to print the documents in order to see everything. The pages jump in such a way as to indicate that Eclipse is old-school technology. Eclipse will send “automatic” appointment reminders. There is nothing automatic about it. You must remember to send the reminders and go through the 19-step process to send the reminders. Even trying to use the Eclipse templates to set this process up took a couple of weeks, many phone calls to the GalacTek Help Desk, and many failed attempts. If you can endure that, then it works fine. With this process, however, a stand-alone system is a liability. You must send Monday reminders out on Friday or Saturday. This often necessitates a trip into the office, especially if there has been a holiday, since it cannot be done through the web. Eclipse makes their stand-alone system a selling point, citing instances when other web-based programs have been hacked. With medical records this is a valid concern. (However, countless companies use web-based payroll systems without any concerns.) In hindsight, we would purchase a web-based system. Initially setting up to bill insurance companies is daunting, difficult, and confusing. Eclipse helps by providing error messages and a 12 page document in the hope that you might find the error message and somehow decipher computer speak and discover your error. This is fun if you like to receive messages such as “Missing or invalid provider ID#: Loop 2420A ID Loop: 2420A Segment: Segment: NM1*82*1Name*Provider****34*.” This might be helpful if you are a programmer. If you are a receptionist or billing expert, you may not have taken a DOS class 30 years ago. If you don’t think that’s fun, you have the option to call the GalacTek Help Desk for ANSI issues. If you haven’t been made to feel like a fool recently, please call. Once you know how to bill insurance companies and all your information has been entered correctly (including the impossible-to-notice “Patient’s relationship to guarantor” cell), you are now ready to complete the 19-step process, if you want to bill an individual patient visit. One difficulty with this process is that after you click “EDI Processing” and identify the codes to submit, that particular dialog box just sits there. No indication that you are done, that you selected anything, or that you need to now close the box to go to the next step. This is a huge issue when you are interrupted by a phone call, a patient, a practitioner, a sneeze. You may need to redo the EDI Processing step to ensure you identified the codes. From our chiropractic physician: “The kiosk is terrible.” We have worked with GalacTek for four months to get the kiosk running to no avail. We are still using hard copy intake documents in spite of the fact that we have two computer-savvy people working on this issue with GalacTek. To their credit, GalacTek has offered to have a third-party come to our location to get the kiosk working. Aside from the fact that the kiosk does not work for us, the intake template is absurdly difficult and time-consuming to use. If we do get the kiosk working, we will need to tweak the template to a massive degree. Adding a “new guarantor” in Eclipse is relatively simple since it allows you to “copy from patient” or “copy from guarantor.” However, Eclipse technology relies on a “home phone.” 99 percent of our patients do not have a “home phone.” You must enter 10 zeros in the home phone cell anyway. This was sold to me during training as “it makes things cleaner.” That is a falsehood. It is a requirement and if you don’t enter all those zeros in the home phone cell, you will be sorry later. So the “copy from patient or guarantor” works but only populates the “home phone” cell. If you want things to be clean, you must find the patient’s cell phone number and reenter it in the “alternate phone” cell. A serious danger in “copying from guarantor,” is when you have a family. Dad or Mom may be the primary insured. Each family member may have a different digit on the member id, e.g., Dad may end in 1, Mom may end in 2, Child may end in 3, etc. If you have relied on simply copying from guarantor without checking each individual’s member id, the claims will not be successful. Alerts may be set on Eclipse to remind you of things like “collect payment from last visit,” etc. Those “alerts” pop up only when you click on the scheduler to indicate the patient has arrived. The alert is a teeny tiny box that pops on at the bottom right of the screen and is in black and white. It is not enough to draw your eye to the alert and it was several weeks before I even noticed the alert pop-up. We have four different types of practitioners and different “cases” need to be set up for each practitioner. Switching between cases is cumbersome and time-consuming. When there are cross-over patients this becomes a real issue. The ledgers must also be kept separately in order to avoid serious issues when billing that cross-over patient.

Response from Dr. Karen Walters, D.C.

Replied December 2015

With over 71 prior ECLIPSE reviews on this site, some from offices that are over 40 times your size, we wondered why yours was such an outlier, so we appreciate your attention to detail. Reviewing your calls, it’s apparent you’ve been unhappy because you’re unable to get our free KIOSK software running properly on your network, despite all the time & effort both you & our Help Desk have spent on the situation. You acquired ECLIPSE this past June when an existing ECLIPSE client sold you a satellite office and I have some suggestions based on your comments. First, it’s unnecessary to enter phone numbers as “10 zeros.” We’re not sure why anyone would suggest this, and I know for a certainty we’ve never used ECLIPSE this way in our multi-disciplinary practice. When we don’t have contact info, we leave related fields blank. I hope you’ll call our Help Desk to discuss this further. But let’s move on. You label numerous features as “programming inconsistencies,” such as a patient’s ethnicity vs. race. According to federal EHR mandates, ethnicity is a single choice, whereas race may account for multiple simultaneous possibilities (e.g. “White” and “Asian”). Certainly you’re aware that people may identify as bi or multi-racial? Thus, of course the interfaces for these two items differ. And we think the most widely used date/calendar for data entry in Windows applications worldwide is also the most versatile way to enter & select dates. Which is why we use it in ECLIPSE. Data entry varies for obvious reasons. For instance, you may not have or know a patient’s birthdate, whereas you would never enter a service such as an office visit without a corresponding date. Given your stated discomfort, please review your Help, where the calendar’s versatility & user interface are explained in detail. Thousands of offices nationwide have used our Google Calendar interface since 2010 without incident. If you had called to discuss this, you might have learned that any appointments that concern you had been created before you turned the interface on. Some of your other comments seem to be attempts to use ECLIPSE in unintended ways. For example, it seems you’re using the form letter reporting section of ECLIPSE to generate reminders, rather than the built-in “Appointment Recalls” feature, which takes half as many steps and about 20 seconds to setup & launch. Given your repeated use of the word “tiny,” please realize that you can scale both ECLIPSE & fonts. Also, you can likely scale your display through Windows as well. Once again, perhaps you should discuss this with our Help Desk. Finally, rather than address any remaining issues here, I’d like to reiterate that we’re sorry you’ve been frustrated in your attempts to use the KIOSK on your network. Even this past week, we were remotely logging into your system in an attempt to help address your problem. In the future, we hope you’ll use all the forums we’ve made available to directly discuss any concerns you have.