All ECLIPSE Reviews

Liz

June 2015

The Best in the Business

Pros

The product itself is great! Our office had Eclipse for 10 years and then we moved on to another software vendor (ACOM Health). The new vendor was a disaster. So after two years dealing with ACOM Health we switched back to Eclipse. Night and day difference in regards to speed, ease of use, features, price, and customer service. Eclipse has some of the best customer service around. I can always get a hold of someone within a few hours if I need help. The reports and accounting aspects of Eclipse are spot on which makes practice management so much easier. Eclipse is constantly improving on the product taking into account request made by its users. Anytime I run into something Eclipse doesn't do or doesn't do in a way I think is efficient I just shot their team a message and usually within a few months the suggestion is part of an upgrade. We left Eclipse once and it is my goal to make sure we never leave them again. I also recommend this to every office I see in my consulting business.

Cons

Honestly, I really can't think of anything at this time.

Hailey

Love this Program

Pros

This program is so easy to use and navigate. The scheduler is awesome and all the options to customize it and different ways to view your day and week. Posting payments is so easy. Love the different options for creating reports. Billing aspect is so easy to use. This program keeps our office flowing smoothly. Customer support is great. Anytime I have a question they are on it and some of my questions I feel like are 1st grader questions that are answered in seconds but they are so awesome with and patient with us.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that sometimes the patient statements are hard for the patients to understand but that's not a big deal I go back and make notes at the bottom and personalize it (patients have liked that) and sometimes after importing payments from MD Online and you press ok at the end it stalls so you have to close out of eclipse and log back on but that is minor. I have also looked at other program reviews and these problems are common with many programs.

ChiroTouch

Response from MPN Software Systems

Thanks for your review! We'll be reaching out to your office to discuss how you can create your own custom patient statements with ECLIPSE & troubleshoot the issue you describe regarding remittance import.

Replied June 2020

Jillian

Horrible Practice Management Software

Myself and our billing manager were hired on late in 2017 at a local chiropractic office with 2 chiropractors and 2 massage therapists. This is our first experience with Eclipse and I can confidently say that after working with them on and off for nearly a year… CHOOSE ANYONE ELSE FOR YOUR PRACTICE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE. Eclipse is highly outdated and offers minimal features. Their developer has emailed our billing manager back and forth and his tone is completely unprofessional – he chooses to blame the consumer for issues instead of taking responsibility and walking through them like an upstanding company. We have copies of the correspondence as proof… it is just that bad. We spent months updating our workstations and server and are currently running Windows 10 professional and Windows Server 2016. I have stress tested and benchmarked each of our workstations as well as our server and they all run perfectly as they should. That being said, ever since we updated Eclipse itself, it has been ridiculously slow. Some patient charts take as long as 13 seconds to pull up after clicking on them. How 13 second response times are acceptable in the year 2018, I have no idea. Eclipse help desk employees state they are open between 8am-8pm (Central time zone) and 99% of the time we call, we are forced to leave a voicemail and wait for a return phone call at a random time and often not even the same day. It is highly inconvenient as we cannot just drop what we are doing during office hours to troubleshoot with Eclipse. We call when we have downtime, and Eclipse is never there. Today, I called Eclipse to find out why we are experiencing such slow response times within our software. I sat on hold for over 10 minutes and I was hung up on. I called back and received the voicemail and left a message – only time will tell when they choose to return it. We are just absolutely fed up with how Eclipse operates and were absolutely shocked to see that they are rated at 4.5 stars, currently. We are actively looking to switch to a more reliable and professionally run practice management company such as ChiroTouch. I have even used EZ-Bis and prefer them over Eclipse (Galactek) software.

Pros

It's designed for use from Chiropractors, straight-forward looking schedule, lots of colors to choose from when color-coding patients.

Cons

Very slow response times, unprofessional and rude software developer, minimal features, horrible customer service protocols.

Response from Dr. Karen Walters, D.C.

Hello Rena & Jillian. We see you wrote tandem reviews. You’re both from New Berlin Chiropractic and Therapy Center – an office that has been an ECLIPSE client since 2007. We’re sorry you have such an unfortunate recollection & interpretation of your recent interactions with us. We too, still have all the email as well as recordings of our phone conversations! So, let’s discuss precisely what prompted you to write a review. You complained that we needed to “fix” ECLIPSE because it wasn’t working with your Dragon dictation software. We purchased a copy of Dragon for $300 (we sent you our order#) & discovered it worked flawlessly. (What other company would even do that?) We gave you some pointers and suggestions about dealing with Nuance technical support. Instead, you angrily insisted that we explain exactly how to get Dragon working properly on your computer & insisted that its failure on your system is somehow our fault & responsibility (though we have absolutely no relationship whatsoever with the company or its software). You also demanded we “fix” remittance advice import. After we explained that you could indeed do what you claimed wasn’t working (after all, every other office including mine is able to handle this), we made multiple attempts to reach your office on the phone to help you. For instance, a technician attempted to reach Rena on 6/14/2018 & left a message with Jillian. You didn’t call back. You did call us this week about a variety of issues after you apparently made major changes to your existing computer hardware & software. We helped you correct the issues related to improper setup by you and/or your technicians. Finally, you called us yesterday after downloading an update to complain about performance retrieving a few patients. (ECLIPSE is used on networks of 200+ workstations w/o the performance issues you describe.) We made some suggestions & expected (we still do) to further work with you today. We’re sorry you’re so angry about our frequent recent interactions as well as puzzled by your representation of them here. As you already know from your phone calls yesterday, we expect to further help you troubleshoot your issue today. Finally, did you know you have extensive control regarding how ECLIPSE appears on your computer screen? ECLIPSE is compatible with Windows versions 7 & newer. Please consider speaking to our Help Desk about customizing its “look & feel” as well as exploring your many other comments above. UPDATE: As of 10:30am on 6/29/2018, hours after your reviews were posted, your expected follow-up call was completed & virtually all the issues you claim in your review (e.g. 13 second patient retrieval times) have disappeared and are no longer a problem (according to you on a recorded call).

Replied June 2018

Christopher

Couldn't Be Happier

My staff and I have been very happy with this program. We started with a competitors program and quickly found out that it was not working for us. We couldn't do nearly what we wanted to do and were limited in our possibilities. Within a year of buying that, we were in the market for a new program. A colleague recommended Eclipse and before I knew it we purchased, installed, and trained on the program. 3 years later I am happy I made the change. It helped us become stronger in our documentation and survive an audit. I am happy I made the move to Eclipse!

Pros

The pros definitely outweigh the cons (if there are any). We have been very happy using Eclipse. The program is very easy to use and user friendly. As a Doctor, we love that we can tailor our notes to fit our practice and fit our needs. It has helped us be better with our documentation and allows us to have some ground to stand on with the insurance companies. My staff has also found that this is a very easy program to train new employees on and they always catch on quick. We get regular updates and usually feel the changes are for the better. Tech support has always been helpful as well.

Cons

I don't feel that there are too may cons. The only thing I can think of is something I hear my staff say.. "we need a no show feature. Something to edit an appointment to show that the patient hasn't cancelled but just didn't bother to show up." That's not much of a con just something we have worked around.

Response from Mike Norworth

Thanks for your review. By definition, if an appointment is not marked as “Completed,” it IS a “no show.” And all ECLIPSE reports that pertain to missed appointments rely on this feature. Consider all the time this automated feature saves so your staff doesn’t have to edit anything! As you’re aware, you already have the capability to mark an appointment as cancelled or rescheduled.

Replied July 2018

September 2015

Eclipse user since 1998

Pros

There are several things that Eclipse does nicely. Let me start with handling the finances: When set up properly, Eclipse clearly shows at a glance how much a patient owes totally and how much they owe for the current visit. Entering payments is simple, and payments get applied to open bills (if set up to do that), or payments can manually be applied to a specific bill. Financial reports are easily created; aging reports, unbilled charges (I personally love this feature), practice stats. Billing: Claims are easily created, whether printing a paper claim, or electronically billing. Reprinting claims is simple. Patient receipts and patient bills give nice flexibility of what to include or exclude on the bills. Eclipse handles insurance authorizations nicely. They call them "conditions", and this prevents the office form entering a charge if you are over on visits or beyond a certain date. Entering new patients has been simplified when entering a family member by allowing the user to copy info from another patient's file. We have a lot of families and this is a great time saver, as well as avoids data entry error. Eclipse is quite comprehensive and there is just too much to cover and not enough space or time here. ICD 10? No problem... Eclipse has a built-in crosswalk from ICD 9 to ICD-10. It will be a smooth transition thanks to Eclipse. Just one more thing, Their support is super. Although sometimes it requires leaving a message and waiting for a return call, the technicians are extremely knowledgeable of the product. The few times that I had some "unusual" experience, the technician did their best to reproduce it at their end to guide me to a resolution.

Cons

I personally am not thrilled with the EHR/Encounter portion of the software, although I have several friends that are extremely pleased with it. I have seen some printouts from other Eclipse users, and it's not bad.

Cindy

Great product and support

I would love for some of the fields to be more like windows meaning instead of having to hit the paperclip to attached a managed care profile, I would like just to type "Med" and it auto suggest Medicare. Maybe the same idea for Guarantor, can I just type "Hor" and all the Horizon Blue Cross plans would populate. Would seem like less steps.

Pros

Support, the videos online and the phone support are great. Answer quickly and don't speak down to you.

Cons

Can't leave SSN or DOB empty. Sometimes patients don't want to give out. Also when printing a bill for the patient, lose history, it date printed changes to most recent date so you can't see that you have billed the pt twice.

Response from Mike Norworth

Thanks for your review… but we’re puzzled by several of your comments. To retrieve an insurance company (your Medicare example), there may be dozens of options for names like “Aetna” or “Travelers.” The goal is to locate & assign the insurance plan that matches this patient’s insurance card. The icon provides instant access to a grid that displays pertinent information (like the payer’s mailing address) so you can make an informed choice with the fewest keystrokes. Otherwise… how would you know whether you had the correct company? Next, you’re correct regarding DOB (this is a contractual requirement related to physicians’ Rx)… but ECLIPSE does not require that you enter SS#’s. Finally, ECLIPSE maintains a complete & detailed audit history of any & every electronic or printed bill or related item you create, re-print, download, etc. And this information is readily available in multiple places on every patient’s ledger for filtered display or printing. So you certainly can see whether you billed a patient twice! We suggest you call the Help Desk to discuss these issues.

Replied March 2018

KELLY

The software has developed my business plan into a successful billing service

that when I bill a claim it is not lost in cyber space. I feel when I send my batches, they are transferred to the clearinghouse or when I file direct, they are there processing.

Pros

I love that it is use friendly, dependable, accurate, reliable, fast paced but most important provides the stats and reports within seconds. I own an operate a full service billing company and I have used this company for 19 years and can honestly say the very best of it comes from the hands on customer service. I don't have to call often, but when I do they all "team-up" and fix the issue...even logging in and taking over. I absolutely LOVE the team of tech support and cannot thank them enough for the great years of service. I hear so many horror stories with no call backs when issue arise other companies. I can know if I call, I will get a return call and it will be resolved. They always know exactly what to do and make me that I can put all my trust in them with my systems.

Cons

Wow, this one is a hard question. If I didn't like something I would change...so, I love it!

Reasons for choosing ECLIPSE

I am unsure. Company sold to Eclipse...I do not recall

Reasons for switching to ECLIPSE

Interestingly enough, I was a trainer for Chiroputer. I would go to offices teaching them how to use it 30 years ago (I realized then there was a need for a GOOD billing service).

Lisa

wanted to add a new user license and had a few questions on some things that weren't working correctly.

Pros

The gentleman I spoke with was very helpful and knowledgeable. He was able to walk me thru adding the new user installation. He also helped with the daysheet issue I was having trouble with.

Cons

the only complaint the Dr. has with this software is in the document/encounter section. If someone changes insurance, can't pull over their encounter information. always has to do everything over in the new case. gets very frustrated about this (and has inquired about ChiroTouch because he heard the documentation is much easier).

Response from Dr. Karen Walters, DC

We were puzzled by your comments & asked the Help Desk to contact your office. You appear to be using ECLIPSE in unusual & unintended ways. You also seem unaware of options on the screens you use daily. (For instance, you can easily move an existing Encounter among a patient’s cases or use it as a template for your next Encounter within any existing case.) The concept of cases in ECLIPSE is intended for situations that require simultaneous treatment of [for example] Major Medical & Personal Injury under a single patient ID# -- not for a simple change of insurance. In our own multi-disciplinary office, we use the “case” concept to separate chiropractic treatments from physical therapy. Most patients in most healthcare practices never require more than one case. It’s unfortunate the doctor chose to inquire about new software rather than simply call us to gain a better understanding of how to use ECLIPSE! All his options are on one screen, easy to access, and refined by years of suggestions by his colleagues.

Replied March 2018

Dr. Chris

You "own" it, but have to pay annual maintenance fees.

Pros

This was installed at the office that I purchased. You own the software, but it doesn't really work well unless you pay the annual fee. Once the macros are set up, you can enter a note quickly. The reports were decent. Integrates cash practice and cc processing.

Cons

Cost is my number one objection. I didn't like the billing portion of the software either. It's time-consuming to set up the macros. Doesn't feel very intuitive. Remote backup is extra.

Response from MPN Software Systems

First, ECLIPSE is not currently & never has been subscription based. Thus, the ECLIPSE program does not function differently based on fee payments of any kind. Of course, you can't, for example, write prescriptions unless you subscribe to an add-on service that offers them. Next, ECLIPSE does not have billing "macros," so we're not sure what you're referring to. ECLIPSE does provide a wide variety of individual customizations (as checked / unchecked options) for payers that you can use as necessary. These provide ways to handle the rare exceptions to standard coverage; they are hidden unless you need them. And yes indeed. ECLIPSE recommends a third-party HIPAA accredited service for online backup. Finally, we're sorry you never took the time to truly learn & use the software, but we're puzzled by your cost comments. The system you selected as a replacement has higher annual fees than ECLIPSE.

Replied December 2017

Donna

April 2022

Awesome software for Chiropractic

Technical support is awesome. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] are the best!

Pros

We have used this software since 1995 and would highly recommend this product to anyone. Easy software to use and learn.

Cons

I have not found anything that I don't like about the software.

Melissa

Happy with my updates and new additions to my software!

I love Eclipse software, I feel that it is very easy to use and navigate. Whenever I have a problem and call the help desk they always solve my issue without making me feel silly.

Pros

I am happy with the new updates to my software. The encounter notes are so much easier to input and I am actually getting most, if not all of my notes done in the same day! I can go home without worry and relieved because my notes are complete. I love that I don't have to keep entering the same information. The information saved from previous is already there on new encounter and can be quickly edited to keep updated information. I also learned how to customize my software to meet my needs making the layout and set up the way that I want it. My notes are done very quickly and I actually like doing my notes now. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was the representative that helped me re-create and customize my eclipse encounter experience. I am so impressed by his knowledge and willingness to have my eclipse be just how I want it. The most stressful part of work has now been removed because of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]'s help. Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Cons

My laptop is my "main computer" now so that I can travel to different treatment locations. I wish there was a way to have my desk top that is in the office to access eclipse even while my main computer isn't in the same office. I need to be mobile, so my receptionist can not work on items while i'm not around.

Reasons for choosing ECLIPSE

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] listened to my concerns about the software and how I wanted it to work for me. He was the reason I resigned with Eclipse, he eased those concerns and made it happen. He reconfigured my software to make it work easy just for me.

Tewanna

May 2015

Review to 1.5 years to the software. Working years with EZ VIEW.

Pros

Posting daily charges Auto posting User-friendly Ability to navigate between screens

Cons

Creating reports. Often times I need a simple report of a payor name and patient balance with that payor and it just does not spit it out easily. Posting credit card payments. We don't like the credit transfer between a family. If the card goes through we should be able to allocate to different accounts Appointment Calendar we should be able to edit reschedule and cancel within the same touch. It would also be nice to go to posting from appt. with an easy stroke.

Response from Keith Ferry, GalacTek HELP Desk Director

Thanks for your comments. First, you’ll be happy to know that our HELP Desk personnel have direct access to experienced professionals who have consulted & lectured nationwide. Though we appreciate your request, we cannot ask your colleagues to routinely take time from their busy schedules to provide technical support. Also, though we have no record of any questions or suggestions submitted by your office through the Contact Us page on our website, we suggest you review the related ECLIPSE HELP topic – which has a direct link to the form. The ECLIPSE scheduler is a powerful tool that can be used in myriad ways. Please call the HELP Desk to learn how you can reschedule appointments via editing or cut/paste operations in one or two simple steps. Finally, we’re not certain we understand your patient/payer responsibility comments. Patient responsibility is always displayed on the ledger & payer balances are available by bill. Additionally, ECLIPSE allows you to transfer credits among family members via two simple steps.

Replied July 2015

Joseph

Practice management

Pros

Handles multiple specialries and group pravtices. Easy to navigate and great support. Cloud and server based versions

Cons

Very weak EMR. Too much typing..norhing preloaded. All has to be built out by customer No touch screen interfacr.

Response from Dr. Karen Walters, D.C

We’ve attempted to contact your office to help you with your issues. First, ECLIPSE does indeed work with touch screens. (In fact, related touch/gesture updates have been noted in the README that accompanies your updates since at least 2014.) Next, we’re not sure whether you’re referring to clinical documentation or other aspects of a patient’s history. Regardless, for both, wherever possible, typing is actually minimized. For example, “Range of Motion” is a pop-up grid that allows you to make virtually all your selections with a few simple clicks. No typing is necessary at all unless you add comments to a specific item. And of course, you can add your own customizations instantly. Though customization is certainly an option, the original templates provided “as-is” are in widespread use nationally without any customization whatsoever – inclusive of the offices of chiropractors & physical therapists that helped design them. Most recently, Dr. Evan Gwilliam, D.C. of ChiroCode used ECLIPSE documentation to illustrate his newest video: “The Perfect Note.”

Replied September 2017

Dr. Roger

Understanding How To Utilize The Various Features

I highly recommend Eclipse to other clinicians seeking a simple to use management software program in their offices. I have only used some of the features and realized there is so much more to utilize and create for your own personal templates of reports, data bases, etc.

Pros

The Eclipse office management software has always been easy to learn and utilize. The support staff has been very thorough in ensuring I am satisfied with their help when they are assisting me.

Cons

The ignorant computer operator, me a 55 year old provider who always delegated the task to someone else on the staff, is now needing to handle the software end of the practice. I am very limited in any capacity involving the use of the computer and was terrified of it. Eclipse's support team has made the learning so easy and accessible. The Saturday afternoon hours for the "holding of my hand" to help me learn the amazing options and features of the software was so beneficial for me.

Giulio

Been happy with Eclipse for over 20 years

We weren't using Eclipse's EHR because we had been using DC Powernotes for many years. DC Powernotes stopped offering support and updates several years ago so we recently looked into going with another software that we thought would have a good EHR but when we revisited Eclipse's EHR we were surprised at how good it had become. Much better than it was years ago. We always loved Eclipse's practice management capabilities but now with the ease of EHR it's got everything we need. Definitely use the third party vendors that work with Eclipse, such as X-Charge & Infinedi for integration of credit card & electronic billing and remittances and DataDepositBox for cloud backup.

Pros

Their practice management does EVERYTHING we need and more. Their EHR is through and fast. Easy to use interface. Constant updates. Great support.

Cons

There's not much we don't like about Eclipse. I suppose the only thing we'd like to see is that they go cloud based. Then we could use it on an Apple computer!

Ronna