Elation Health Software Reviews

Elation Health Software Reviews

Find out more:

Recommendations

Find out more:

• icon"What I like most about my Elation software is that it’s quite intuitive to use. It feels like it’s built for a doctor."
  • icon"Ease of use, easily accessible Pt info on one screen, few bugs/glitches, user friendly- very good compared to multiple other EHR I’ve used."
  • icon"The best function will be MIPS. According to patient's age and gender, Elation prompts MIPs requirements right in your note and with one click you will satisfy it."
  • icon"I had a list of questions of what I needed in an EHR Software and was lied by the Implementation Team. The templates in the system are not customizable."
  • icon"Since then no person to talk over the phone again."
  • icon"The thing about it is that I am also a programmer. I work on web design, UI/UX, and frankly the UX sucks."

Browse all Elation Health Reviews

• Have you used Elation Health and would like to share your experience with others?

Ashley

Great software, poor customer service

It’s a great software, initially had issues and were not very responsive but since then has been quite smooth and overall satisfied- and I’m hard to please. Unhappy only with mostly provider service when ongoing issues and cannot speak to live person. And lack of follow through on options such as online booking they had explicitly stated upon signing up. Overall cost justifies the ease of use and time saved for physician.

Pros

Cons

Have to pay for billing software in addition to elation fee, ZERO discount for mid level prescribing practitioners, Absolutely no way to co tact them except via email re: issues which is very frustrating and have maybe 1 times out of 10 actually gotten back to me within their designated timeframe to rectify an issue/problem. When signed up 4/2017 salesman told me would be rolling out online booking for established patients over the summer. 12/17 still haven’t heard anything about offering that option

Kevin

A Physician review

It’s been a wonderful experience. The people are amazing and have always been helpful and caring. The software is excellent, I love it, lots of features that help me get my work done. Just fix the app!

Pros

What I like most about my Elation software is that it’s quite intuitive to use. It feels like it’s built for a doctor. It works how it’s supposed to! It has everything laid out exactly how I want it. This software clearly was made with a lot of input from a practicing physician. Having used several EHR’s over the years, and hated all of them, I truly & absolutely love Elation. It’s fast and it thinks like my brain does.

Cons

The smart phone app. No good. It doesn’t have enough features to really be useful. I can’t send prescriptions, which is terrible. I can’t see my schedule, I can’t make appointments. All it does is text message and often times that doesn’t work at all. I get very frustrated with it. This is something I really want and need. It’s been 2 years and I have zero improvements in the app. I’m not happy with that. Everything else is awesome!

Reasons for choosing Elation Health

It was better. The software itself was better overall. It was better for Direct Primary Care. It was better on cost. It was better on features, speed, and mobility. It was better on support and friendly people at Elation as well.

Reasons for switching to Elation Health

Cost, features, support, and quality of the software. Also Elation is perfectly tailored for Direct Primary Care, which is what I need.

Natalia

October 2022

Very good and reasonably priced EMR

Excellent. The implementation was easy and the migration of the charts from our old EMR was excellent. We use it daily and is very reliable. I love that is web-based. We do not have to run backups and the records are always safe and accesible.

Pros

Easy to use, very complete. Always reliable. Very few times have got interruption of service.

Cons

I wish sending records could be easier. It is not possible to fax records larger than 20 pages.

Reasons for choosing Elation Health

Very good pricing. Easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Elation Health

Soapware went out of business

William

June 2022

This Ehr system has everything you need to run your practice and is kept up to date .

When Soapware stopped this EHR is better , more up to date , great support , easy to use and good value for your money

Pros

prescription of medications including scheduled medication , so easy to use and up to date all the time. Telemedicine which is a new feature and very easy to use and has great video . If there is issue with the software , it is quickly addressed .

Cons

I Cant think at this moment issue with this software.

Reasons for choosing Elation Health

athenhealth was too expensive , I found it to be better for a large practice with many physician, Elation is great for solo person

it closed

Mi Ran

February 2022

Pros and cons after 4yrs. This program is out of dated. Needs to update.

I wanted to support a small local company, and wished many local physicians are connected. But Elation EHR is not updating by themselves, and it is getting out of dated.

Pros

East to use. No special training is required.

Cons

As a family physician, I have to review tons on consultation notes and labs, radiology, vaccine..... It is very hard to review the records due to the way of chart which is already built-in. If I review visit notes, I have to scroll down all the way to the end...... It takes so long, and my eyes get tired in rolling over all screen. Also this program is hard to get along for this coming new generation. It is hard to monitor messages between providers and patients. When I email a message to a patient, there is no outbox to follow up. When patients send me messages , there are no inboxes. This is out of date. Also problem with integration. Common vital sign machine and scale is not being integrated. I contacted them once. They charge $5,000 per one device. It's ridiculous. If you want to save labor and time, the machine needs to be integrated with software. The purpose of EHT is to make work effective. If the software doesn't support it, it is out of date. I used it for 4yrs, and feels comfortable. But unless the software is updated, it is not worth it. Also support is problem. I have to send a message urgently if I want to talk to someone. If I send a message regularly, I don't hear it for long.

Reasons for switching to Elation Health

To cover the weakness of Elation.

Rajesh

October 2022

One of the best

Pros

I tried 15 software including some of the most popular ones. Elation to me is one of the fastest to use and pleasure to use. I finish all my notes at the time of encounter.

Cons

They need to have better tech support. Fortunately unlike many other software you will not need much tech support. It runs smoothly.

Soapware went bankrupt.

Chelsea

Awesome easy to use product!!

Awesome! Elation has already made my clinic days run smoother than they were when I was using a different system for the last 2.5 years. I am running my clinic solo for now - scheduling/billing/inputting patients/refilling meds, and Elation makes this doable.

Pros

Elation is wonderful. I even told my non computer savvy father that it was so easy he could learn how to use it. I could probably run my clinic without any support staff because Elation is so intuitive and easy to use. I am constantly surprised by the ease.

Cons

Haven't found anything yet! I will let you guys know when I do.

AdvancedMD EHR

Reasons for choosing Elation Health

Seemed easy and intuitive. Had the services that I was looking for.

Started my own clinic

Cristen

March 2022

Elation is intuitive to use

Overall it has been good. Customer Support answers quickly, but honestly we have not needed much customer support.

Pros

Overall it's very easy to learn and teach new staff. Most staff members can be up and running with 1 hour of training or less. There are not a lot of screens, which makes it easy to find things. Honestly, it's easier to find items than in a paper chart. Templates are easy to create. We have used the patient forms templates to use for new patient paperwork, helping us minimize data entry.

Cons

As a surgeon, some of my schedule happens at the hospital. There is no way to create surgery slots that don't also send appointment reminders to patients, so it must be entered as a "meeting" and it doesn't link to the patient account. I have asked for a fix for 2.5 years, but it appears to be low on the list of upgrades.

Reasons for switching to Elation Health

Aprima is very cumbersome to use. The notes are often populated with a lot of useless information. The format makes the notes excessively long and difficult to find the relevant information.

May 2016

Easy to learn and a joy to use - Highly recommend ElationEMR

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to learn and use. Our practice has been using Elation EMR for that past 5 years and has been very satisfied with it. Implementation was fast and easy with excellent support. I trained my staff with a 7 min screen capture video and they were up and running. Doctors went in without any advanced training. I suggested they see 2 patients per half day with Elation on their first day and the rest still with paper charts. Most of them came back and said, "It was so easy, I just saw all my patient in Elation." Support has been excellent throughout. As the company has grown, support has been a little less immediate and personal than it was in the early years but remains prompt and excellent. I think we've only had a couple of downtimes in the past 5 years and never lasting more than 10 minutes. It does lack some features found in more established systems. These include no health maintenance tracking or reminders and no ability to template recurrent tasks. Nevertheless, it is a powerful system and a joy to use. I highly recommend Elation EMR for a small to medium sized practice looking for an easy-to-learn, easy-to-use system.

Cons

Development of new features has slowed as they've expanded. It seems the burdens of meaningful use and other mandates has interfered with evolving new features as quickly as I was hoping to see them.

Easy and simple but not very powerful or robust

Underwhelmed, overcharged. Switching to Cerbo or maybe AtlasMD or Akute Health

Pros

It's true you can figure it out in an hour or less. Very simple.

Cons

It's very simple. You can't customize anything at all about the look or layout of the information. Don't like the order in which information is displayed on the left side of the screen? Get used to it. Want to send a fax? You can, you just have to call it a referral, no matter what. So you if you want to fax something that isn't about a particular patient, you have to a create a fake patient called Mister Fax or whatever you like and then go into that chart and refer Mister Fax to whatever fax number you wanted, upload the file you wanted to fax into Mister Fax's chart, and attach that to the referral. Just as an example. So yeah, you can "fax out" as they say in their marketing. Also missing some obvious functionality. For example, when you're in the patients chart it says when any upcoming appointments are, in blue like it's a link. If they don't have an upcoming appointment, it says no upcoming appointment, and it's still in blue like it's a link. But it isn't! Wouldn't be obvious to make it so that you can click on that and schedule an appointment? So you tell support your brilliant/obvious idea and they say they'll put in a queue of upgrades to consider and it never happens. I also don't like that the price went up from $275 to $350 a month with absolutely zero improvements in the product. Then they got a bunch of Series C financing and guess what? Still, nothing is improved.

Laura

Data Migration Team Is Terrible

Terrible customer service and no one takes responsibility. I addressed my concerns with leadership at Elation and this accomplished nothing.

Pros

I like the ability to set reminders and track follow up.

Cons

I have lost so much data from my previous EHR that I never would have switched. The data migration team told me on several occasions that data could not be used or mapped into the charts. I hired an independent analyst who had to explain to their team how to map the data for migration. The third component of our data migration included all of patient medication, allergies, and history. Elation's migration team insisted this could not be done. The independent analyst recognized that it would be a lot of work and take a time investment, which is why Elation's team did not migrate the data. Additionally, during the minimal data migration they did do, Elation's team managed to miss every single deadline by weeks to months. We were told countless times that something would be done by a certain day or that we would receive a status update by the end of the day. My staff made repeated calls with no response.

Dorothy

May 2016

Very happy with Elation

Pros

Simple interface. Easy to use. Not cluttered. Charts appear clean.

Cons

Would like to customize views- particularly the order in a patient's chart of medications, past medical history, problem list, social history. We should be able to change the order as we prefer. We should also be able to customize the physical exam categories (such as Gen, eyes, resp, cvs). Some of these categories are incorrectly named (MSS, NS). Would like to be able to fax prescriptions for controlled substances that do not read "electronically signed by" at the bottom. Would like to be able to customize per physician the message (including phone number) that patients get sent for automatic appointment reminders. We have 3 physicians in the practice with 3 different phone numbers but we are only permitted to show 1 phone number in the automated reminder. We were told that Elation had much experience working with Quest labs but there were no lab codes that are pre-populated. This all needed to be entered manually. There is no way to delete tags or user-entered lab orders. We should be able to delete in case of errors.

RAJ

Amazon of EMRs!

I would pick this over any other software with multiple offices. There is a very common software that is very costly and very popular and also very aggressive but I did not like it. This software has a very cumbersome way to do things. I want to elaborate Elation in more detail. Great advantages: One screen has all features. Summary on l side- a must Note on r side. History in middle and all the tabs on the top. Passport function works great for patient communication. L top- has passport , Name, age etc. Pharmacy selection is great- easy. All ready to pick. ERx function is fast. It shows you date of next visit. All summary available to see at visit. Best and unique feature: All MIPs needs are at the begining of each visit particular to the age and sex. You click and satisfy from the same screen. Clicking is one click only and very fast. There are softwares that will do this but will take you to many screens. It is great for diagnostics that you work from same screen. More screens makes you forget when you are very busy. Interface with hospital and Quest work great and they are free! Even all hospital radiology reports are here as soon as they are signed off by radiologist. This interface was custom made for me at no cost. I can tell you- Elation staff is super smart. Customer service is not needed much as everything works great! Reports look great. Bulk refills are a breeze. Very pleasant and professional colors.

Pros

It has been a 8 months since I have started using this software. I used to have Soapware EMR for 18 years. Soapware had to shut down as the owner was getting to that age and older softwares are not easy to upgrade. I looked at 15 softwares before I picked Elation. I knew what I need as a busy primary care Internist. My staff and I are extremely happy that we ended up with Elationhealth. Everyone loves Amazon as the website is very robust and user friendly. I now can say that Elation is of that category. I am not getting paid to update my review. Some of the most popular EMRs are very cumbersome and so at the end of the day it is exhausting to finish the work. Elation is so easy that you can see your full load of patients and complete every note, even the most complicated patient's notes within 2 minutes. This includes visit note, all 10 rx local and mail, 3 referral with faxing all records to each, all orders for 5 different problems with ICD codes and all MIPs requirements. No software does all these. The best thing I see is that there are not any glitches. There are softwares that will do all these but at the end of the visit you will feel exhausted. This software works from one screen and with just one hour of use and not even much training you feel comfortable. There are softwares that will make you work a ton for every new visit. I have saved all rx I use and all Orders I give so I can reuse them forever now for all future patients. Very fast now!

Cons

There is not much to dislike. I was little nervous about interface with billing software but it has worked great. I picked MD connection for billing and that is another robust software. As soon as patient leaves and I send the bill to MD connection- it reaches real-time. Most complete softwares have many glitches or may have one side powerful and other side weak. This combination is great and my billing staff loves billing software also.

RAJ

I am glad!

Pros

I have used Soapware for 20 years. I really liked Soapware for its speed and ease. Soapware unfortunately is going out of business. I watched demonstrations of about 15 software companies. I am writing this review to help others in my shoes. Most software companies are about 20-25 years old and have similar technology as Soapware. Older technology is somewhat rigid. I am glad the sales person from Elation was insistent and honest. Elation is a pleasure to use. I have not heard many doctors saying this. Certain features are great. I am able to work from one screen. I am able to save all thousand rx an internist or family practice doctor will write in the format I want very quickly- 90 days with one refill. I am able to have my staff save the initial rx in this format with one click and so when it is time to bulk refill, it is very easy without errors. One feature that most softwares don't provide is your order sets. Most softwares have a cumbersome way to recall what you commonly order for common complaints. With elation I am able to save my order-sets for many complaints one time and reuse them again and again with two clicks. This is a huge advantage. Many softwares will tell you, they can do it but it is not always easy. With elation you can keep one common template or you can use specific template or you can use many templates together. Once you pick medicines or order set, it immediately becomes part of your note. It is a new generation and smart software. Lab interfaces are free of cost and work great. Abnormal results are colored different. I love the trending feature that is great. It shows last 3 labs on the results without you clicking more. You can mark the abnormal results and they come to the current note automatically. Now this is unique and amazing! It is a true cloud based system and so it is a lot faster than Soapware. I would avoid remote desktop based software. It has directory of local doctors so you don't to manually store all your consultants. The best function will be MIPS. According to patient's age and gender, Elation prompts MIPs requirements right in your note and with one click you will satisfy it. This is very smart! These are the few reasons I selected Elation and I am glad. There is no learning curve. Any one who can use an e mail account can use Elation. It has a very soothing color combination and all windows on the top are labelled also unlike a very crowded software with lot of confusion on the screen. I love it so far. We doctors work very hard and so we need a very easy and robust software like Elation.

Cons

Elation is an EMR alone and that made me nervous. Interface between Elation and MDconnection one of the billing software recommended by Elation works great according to doctors I talked to who are using both. This is a minor issue compared to the fun of working with ELation EMR.

Raj

I am so happy!

I am able to work faster without errors.

Pros

I recently had to change from Soapware to Elation EHR. Soapware has shut down. I did demonstrations for about 15 software companies like some of the old ones but very popular ones. The biggest mistake a doctor can make is to go for an older software, that is clunky and slow. Never pick a software that has remote desktop connection needs. Those will be old and slow . I am glad I picked Elation. This is a cloud based software and is a pleasure to use. My staff and I had hardly a day of learning curve. It is a very smart software and very user-friendly. There are many software companies but many of them are cumbersome and slow. Elation is great and we love it. Customization is very easy and once you do it you can work at a super speed. The only way a doctor can survive is to work fast at computer and pay enough attention to the patient before that. There are no phone calls from pharmacies. In a short time I have made many rx and orders templates that are reusable for future common complaints. Just from one screen you are able to mix, match and patch to finish a complex note in two minutes including all 10 rx, 5 diff orders, 3 referrals, send the bill and close a note. My staff and I both are excited and very satisfied with the performance. You will not go wrong with this software. Interface with the billing software is working great. It is not always necessary to use a complete software if that software is old and clunky.

M. Ellen

They "get" us!

Pros

Ease of setup and use, and great for the frugal MD. We have adapted it to our general surgery practice and have used it for 3 years. Our billing service logs on and "harvests" our charges each week. The chart check system makes followup easy. Adaptable templates. Easy compliance, with help from the company if you want it. We have seen several practices fold or have to sell to a local foundation after spending a million dollars on a system that is too big.

Cons

Can't delete obsolete tags. Can't put in a short introductory phrase, like phonetic pronunciation of a last name at top--has to go in tags and stays forever. We are a referral practice rather than a primary care practice, so I wish I could list the referring clinician closer to the top. I wish we could name our own report headers. But really, these are minor compared to the value for the money.

Bruce

May 2022

Elation EHR - The premier EHR for direct primary care practices

It has been a pleasure to use ElationHealth. I don't have as much input into its features as I did with smaller companies' products, but it is a mature product and is the best one for direct primary care charting in regards to ease of use and GUI and logical layout.

Pros

Elation integrates (connects) fairly well with Hint Health, Spruce and MDScripts and Quest Labs. It is quite intuitive. E-prescribing is the best feature by far and most used. Charting makes sense. Reverse chronological chart notes imitate paper charts most closely. Patient summary panel is very helpful. Patient engagement software for relaying lab results is intuitive.

Cons

The patient engagement portion (called Passport) is fair, but needs to catch up with the rest of the software.

Reasons for choosing Elation Health

Cloud based with good integrations and excellent GUI and medication prescribing features

InLight lost funding