What are HENO users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using HENO software through verified user reviews

• icon"SENSITIVE CONTENT] was so amazing- she held my hand, educating me on every step of the process. She is so professional and has such an in-depth understanding about the billing ecosystem."
  • icon"Ease of use - my staff have been able to learn Heno in the matter of minutes."
  • icon"Flexibility and customization aspects allow you to build out templates."
  • icon"Once in a while, there was problems with where the cursor would go when you clicked on a certain spot. I don't know if that was due to the technology we were using or the site."
  • icon"Training videos were a little difficult to follow and sometimes we would run into issues that didn't have a video."
  • icon"The reports are still a little clunky, and disorganized. There are still occasional bugs that have to be worked out."

Browse all HENO Reviews

• Have you used HENO and would like to share your experience with others?

Justin

Heno - the ALL in ONE solution every therapy companies needs!

Heno has been the best EMR system we have used. I do all the hiring and training in our busy outpatient PT practice with 40 + new patient evaluations per a week. So being able to have a program that is super easy to use and quick to train someone was ideal. Having everything all in one place doesn't just make my life easier it makes my staff be more efficient and cuts monthly costs down. Heno has scheduling, billing, faxing, documentation, marketing, reporting, patient online portal (they can schedule, make payment), email/phone/text appointment reminders, General Store (for wellness and or self pay items that is seperate from the insurance billing), along with graphs to see how many physician referrals you get per week/month/year.

Pros

Ease of use - my staff have been able to learn Heno in the matter of minutes. Quickly schedule an appointment with 1 click and name search , check eligibility, collect copays, Auto Posting for electronic payments, instant messaging to contact staff in other locations, faxing, daily reporting to show the office productivity (cancel, no show %, amount collected cash/credit/check along with the full outcome how much money we made). This is the most adaptable software we have used where you can customize it to meet your needs and help streamline your staff process and save time to create a better patient experience.

Cons

I don't have any cons but I will say the software team is always implementing new/updating options to make it even easier to use and navigate and help streamline my practice.

Bill

Heno Review

Pros

I want to acknowledge [SENSITIVE CONTENT] for his ability to organize and onboard my practice into the Heno system. He was always available to help me with technical issues and solutions with his professional and calm demeanor that provided reassurance and confidence that we were going to make this work. I also appreciated his patience with me when I had to close during the pandemic and his support. The scariest thing about making the transition into private practice was billing. Every organization I had worked for had a specific department that provided that service so I understood next to nothing about the process. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was so amazing- she held my hand, educating me on every step of the process. She is so professional and has such an in-depth understanding about the billing ecosystem. This diligence on her part allows me to be able to focus on caring for my patients. If I had known it would be this easy I would have gone into private practice a long time ago. I also feel like she provides a high level of service and support even though I am a small practice.

Cons

Any issues you can contact support and they get back to you very promptly. They are constantly adding new features and are responsive to any requests to modifications.

Ali

August 2022

Contract Warning

I would never have entered into a contract with this company if I had realized they had no customer satisfaction remedies. I am sad that I didn't see [SENSITIVE CONTENT] review before we signed ourselves. Especially with how much you are paying per month for their software and services, customer satisfaction is an industry standard that HENO is willfully ignoring and refusing to budge on.

Pros

We were very hopeful that having an all-in-one software for our new practice would be a great way to start, and HENO had such great reviews from others. When we did a free trial and walkthrough, it looked like it had everything we could possibly ever need. HENO had weekly meetings with a trainer to help get us set up.

Cons

There is no warranty, guarantee, or part of the contract anywhere that gives the customer any options for when the software doesn't work well for their situation. It literally says "the only option is to stop using the software" and continue getting charged for it. Just like [SENSITIVE CONTENT] review, we gave it at least a couple months of training and setup to try and make it work, and found the same issues as he did. It was clunky, difficult to use at times, and expected all users to use the software in the same way, which is an unreal expectation for current technology. Our business model changed to where we decided not to use insurance, and we realized we were paying for expensive software that we weren't even using 60% or more of its functionality. And just like [SENSITIVE CONTENT], when we approached the company to try and find a solution, asking if we could be released from the contract without refund, they said no, you signed a contract and you must pay the entire amount due for the entire term up front if you want to end your relationship with HENO. I made further requests to work with us somehow for customer satisfaction, reminding them that not having a solution for customer satisfaction in real situations (where customers have given their all in setting up, using, and trying to make HENO work for them) would be detrimental for them. HENO has continued to charge us our monthly fee with no communication or response to my requests, and we have stopped using their software completely.

Mike

Heno Is awesome!

Heno has been an amazing software and EMR system to work with. Their customer service is top notch and their responsiveness to questions and issues has also been superb. The system is easily customizable to your individual practice needs. The billing portion has been excellent and has decreased my need for a biller by saving me over 30 labor hours per week. This has allowed my staff to focus on other issues and be more productive and has allowed me to lower my labor costs. This system has provided an End to end a solution for my physical therapy practice scheduling, documentation, and billing. Excellent system!

Pros

I have been really impressed with the overall functionality of this software and how well it has integrated with my practice. I have looked at other EMR’s and Heno has hands-down been the best. It is easy to use and quick to implement. I found that my staff picked up the use very well. I really like how well the support has been from Heno. You are able to customize it to your individual practice needs very easily and the support team has always been responsive to questions and issues with in 24 hours. I would highly recommend this software for any physical therapy practice.

Cons

There really isn’t anything that I liked least about this software. The only issue I found was during the on boarding of the software, the training was a little hard to follow at first. But the support team did a fantastic job of helping me through this .

Christian

Excellent EMR and Billing Service

1. Money is coming in more regularly 2. I can see AR clearing quicker AND a HUGE #3: I just got off of my first meeting with our billing advocate [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. All I can say is ..... WOW!!! She is awesome: great energy, insightful questions, responsive answers that are concise (not smoke), enthusiastic about her role and gave me real timelines. I am very excited about where we are going as a company and as a team with HENO. This was easily one of the best switches I have made in 14 years of running Synergy. Thank you so much!

Pros

Easy to use for new hires. Natural Flow. User can customize it to fit their needs. Doc's love that our evals are concise and full of data.

Cons

Nothing, our team has really grown to excellent utilization.

Reasons for choosing HENO

Price, features and I love that it was started by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. We got in on the ground floor and have seen serious growth over the last four years.

Reasons for switching to HENO

Web PT almost bankrupted my business by sabotaging my billing and AR.

The ONLY TRUE all-in-one software for the PT/OT/ST industry

Check out a demo and see for yourself.

Pros

1 login for everything you need to access to run your business, causing ease of use and better overall employee utilization and less room for data entry issues, etc. Built on a platform that far exceeds the competition - no blackout hours/days...like many have recently experienced with WebPT and Clinicient. The entire flow of the system makes sense and is easy and thorough for all members of the staff. Amazing customer support if you get stuck...available easily through email, phone or they even have plenty of resources to figure it out on your own if you're that type of person.

Cons

Switching to a new software always presents a learning curve, but the support team holds your hand the whole way until you and your team are entirely comfortable.

June 2022

Customer Servuce is Terrible

Not good at all. I will warn everyone to stay away. Accidents happen, I get that, but how they have dealt with their mistakes is brush me under the rug and ignore my frustrations. I still have yet to receive a phone call after sending multiple urgent emails and calling their company. I dealt with the fax issue myself via InterFax. I am in the process of switching to another EMR.

Pros

I loved the idea of Heno, but my bridges are burnt after many bad situations after another.

Cons

I wanted to love this system. I am a brand new private practice clinic. I have had to pry with my rep to get things done. She even sets our Zoom meeting times for the wrong times. Then they gave me a NONWORKING FAX NUMBER. Physicians tried to send me patients and I never could receive faxes. I brought this up to them, and they kept telling me my fax number was fine. I did my own digging and reached out to InterFax myself. Found out it was a nonoperative number. Now I have to spend hundreds of dollars to replace business cards/signs to update my new fax number, send out new cards to physicians, and aplogize to them if they thought I was ignoring their referrals. I am mortified as a new business. And here's the kicker. No one from Heno will call me. They have replied to two frantic emails saying they are "working on things" and "stand by for a phone call" and that never happens. I'm irate. And embarrassed. Stay away from Heno.

Damon

Excellent EMR for multiple service / revenue stream practices. Billing module needs streamlining

Overall, a very robust and user-interface friendly EMR for medium to larger Physical Therapy practices, particularly if they offer additional wellness services. Considering that, I strongly recommend it to the right practice.

Pros

The all-encompassing structure of HENO allows our Physical Therapy, Aquatics, Fitness, & Wellness practitioners to enter & track clients, manage their attendance & payments, and even marketing. They have AMAZING customer service too! Plus the husband & wife team owners / founders are intimately involved and using it every day in their clinics...not to mention they're just nice people!

Cons

Billing, for sure. This is the 3rd EMR we've used and the processes and steps to complete fairly routine, basic tasks take more steps and more time than any of the others did. BUT support has been great in TRYING to help us find solutions, but unfortunately their most common response to our inquiries is, "Well, the system just doesn't do that..." I will say that they are VERY receptive to feedback and making updates and changes reflecting user input.

Melissa

Practice Changing

OptimaLivings overall experience with HENO has been SATISFACTORY! They will bend over backwards to help your practice run as smoothly as possible. They even provide routine meetings to go over statistics and questions and to make sure your clinic is reaching its fullest potential.

Pros

HENO provides amazing scheduling abilities, informational data reports on anything you can think of, fast and efficient billing as well as amazing customer support for any questions you might encounter.

Cons

No cons. They are always improving their systems and doing updates to fix any issues that might arise.

Reasons for switching to HENO

We decided to make the switch because Office Ally lacked statistics to track our progress, had no online documentation system, didn't provide billing services and had horrible customer service. HENO was recommended highly by trusted associates and had great reviews.

Eun Jung

Great newer product

Pros

We have been with Heno for a couple of years and have been able to grow as Heno has grown. We have a great relationship with the core team, are getting better analytics than before with our previous EHR, and really like the integrated billing. The Heno team is constantly working to create a better platform taking in our feedback, which we are grateful for.

Cons

UX could be improved, and it is being improved upon all of the time. But the functionality is all there and helps us gauge our KPIs on a daily basis.

Reasons for switching to HENO

Billing was not integrated. It was entirely different system. The transparency with integrated billing is vital to our business.

Nathan

February 2022

Wanted to love it, left very disappointed

Unfortunately I did not have a good experience overall with HENO. I'm sure the EMR works for some people but it wasn't the right fit for our practice. The customer service, specifically their contract policy, is archaic. (and yes, I should have NOT signed the contract, so I will hold that responsiblity)

Pros

The ability to manage your practice with one software was a huge pro for us, which is why we decided at the time to switch from WebPT to HENO. In some aspects, such as behaving like a CRM, with the ability to set reminders, it did accomplish this task fairly well.

Cons

I worked with my biller for several weeks to try to work out the kinks in the billing software and clearinghouse, to no avail. Customer support was unavailable to work with us on this in a timely fashion, which ended up putting us in a significant cash-flow pinch. Additionally, upon using and attempting to learn HENO, I was underwhelmed by the UI/UX. It was very clunky and much of the language was in engineering-type language, making it more difficult than it needed to be when setting filters, or even figuring out where to upload and store certain documents and documentation. I ended up spending more time documenting than WebPT. I think the worst part about my experience was that we had only used the system for 2 months, were not satisfied with the product, and asked that the contract be voided, only to be met with "sorry you signed a contract." This was a two-year contract that we signed (in retrospect we absolutely should NOT have done this), and had already paid for the transfer of data from WebPT. I did not ask for a refund, only to be let out of the contract, however they held fast, and will not budge. I hate writing reviews like these, however, I believe it to be unreasonable to hold someone in a contract for 2 years after only 2 months have passed. This is a horrible business practice and I hope that the owners consider changing this. At this time I cannot recommend anyone use HENO, even if it's a good EMR, as the customer experience is severely lacking.

WebPT

Reasons for switching to HENO

wanted an all inclusive EMR that could also act as a CRM

Jeremy

Excellent Customer Service!!!! Excellent

I would say that my experience was great with HENO! They walked me through the setup and we’re there anytime I had a question. There customer support team is Excellent and possibly the best I’ve ever encountered. They treated me like I was the only customer and always answered my questions promptly!

Pros

All inclusive software Great customer service, the best!

Cons

Got lost at first, but was able to navigate after being trained.

OptimisPT

Christopher

Finally faster than Paper Charts!

I highly recommend Heno.

Pros

I love that it is built for outpatient therapy. I love that they thought ahead and included marketing, analytics, documentation, billing, etc. It is an all in one system! There is even a General Store for cash based services. The support has been amazing, the system is constantly improving. There are updates about every week. I was hesitant to bring my practice on to an EMR, but it has been a good transition and also allows staff to access everything from remote. It is customizable and helps your clinical staff track visits, auth's, etc. Documentation is FAST. Very efficient. I highly recommend Heno.

Cons

There are very few cons to the system. The systems are constantly being refined and improved whenever any inefficiencies are found.

Joseph

The BEST PT software out there!

Has significant streamlined out entire operation. I think back to when we had 20 different pieces of paper, spreadsheets, ect and now it’s ALL in HENO! Works exactly as advertised.

Pros

Flexibility and customization aspects allow you to build out templates

Cons

I don’t like computers but the ya PD course not their fault

Reasons for choosing HENO

Ability to fully customize. Personalized customer service.

Desiree

Look No More!

Pros

HENO is user-friendly and offers many different functions such as documentation, billing, marketing, scheduling etc. Customer support is always very helpful and quickly responds to any question we ever had.

Cons

Recommend updating videos with any new changes. Also having a quick glance option to track number of visits/cancellations when scheduling (multiple) appointments without having to go back and count on a separate screen.

Katie

Heno is making it possible for us to open in other locations!!!

I love how automated everything is. As a owner I now have more time dedicated to growing my business!!! Its been a huge time saver.

Pros

Heno makes the difficult, easy! As a clinic we are so much more productive after implementing Heno! Auto posting all our insurance payments is one of my many favorite features.

Cons

The only con I can think of about Heno is that it is fairly new. Anytime you have a new product/system you will have a few things to work out. That being said we have not had many issues. Everything has gone pretty smooth!!!

Tabitha

This software has a lot of flexibility and has my day-to-day much more manageable.

Pros

It cuts down tremendously on the amount of systems used to track clinic appointments and billing data. Before Heno we were using three different programs to keep up with our daily appointments, and billing. Now, everything is in one place. And, the customer service is prompt and very helpful.

Cherie

Love the customer service, easy to use once you learn.

Have never used a therapy product, but so far after all of the trials with other software this is the most user friendly.

Pros

Solving issues is very easy. Customer service is quick and responsive to suggestions and updates. It is easy to use once you become familiar with the program.

Cons

Would like to see the training videos updated, so it is step by step. Maybe a training booklet could be created to help out prior to going live.

Mindy

I would not use anything else.

All in one- increased revenue, decreased payroll.

Pros

All in one, only ONE log in for everything! - LOVE the billing side! Am confident that a pt visit will result in a claim ie; no lost or forgotten fee slips!

Cons

the LOoooong Evals ( I want to know how to shorten these up) - can I create my own EVAL form/quick screen? I have alot more to learn about this systems complexity.

Laurel

Really enjoyed using this for documentation, easy to understand!

Pros

Easy to understand. I really like how you are able to copy the note, including exercises, from the previous treatment session to the current one and then edit the information as needed according to treatment. Billing for treatment is easy to understand as well after just a couple uses.

Cons

There is a little confusion on navigating the website from place to place but once you use it for a couple days, you shouldn't have any problems navigating the site. Once in a while, there was problems with where the cursor would go when you clicked on a certain spot. I don't know if that was due to the technology we were using or the site.

Dave

Best rehab/therapy EMR - Customizable, Plus Live Weekly Training!

I’m really happy with HENO as a all-in-one practice management system for my clinic

Pros

- Fully customizable, - More user friendly than other EMRs I’ve used, - One complete system (scheduling, doc, billing) without multiple tools or outsourcing billing, - Live daily training (Mon-Fri) is so helpful to clarify questions - Pages load faster than other EMRs I’ve tried,

Cons

- Starts at $150/month per provider...but you get what you pay for - Learning a new system when you switch (but again, there’s daily live training for my questions)

Desiree

Glad we made the decision to switch to HENO

Helps our business run smoothly

Pros

HENO has excellent customer support who are always available to help. Great software for our company and after a little practice, easy to use

Cons

Training videos were a little difficult to follow and sometimes we would run into issues that didn't have a video. That being said, all we had to do was fill out a support ticket and we received assistance quickly.

Easy to navigate, always improving, a lot of great tools

Pros

Ease of scheduling/rescheduling, Easy to read notes/reports, very customizable, the general store makes selling cash packages easy, printable receipts for patients are clear and easy

Cons

Action buttons should stand out more to make navigation easier and more efficient, some aspects are not able to be deleted easily which can cause frustration

Graham

March 2022

Do not purchase for a small clinic

Again do not purchase if you are a small company.

Pros

Our deployment instructor had never established this product for an outpatient orthopedic clinic. Our zoom calls were a Heno employee looking through online help videos to answer our questions. Once we learned the product it is functional for outpatient orthopedics.

Cons

I can not stress this enough do not purchase this product if you are a small clinic. You buy a license only for you! If you want to take a day off and have a PRN staff come in you have to buy another license. For us that is over 200 bucks each day one of our staff has a day off for the same number of clinicians doing documentation.

Dean

Awesome overall, a few glitches with notes being erased, but ALWAYS responsive help

In house billing, improved stats (once I can find them PTs tell me it is very easy to use with a few suggestions for decreasing some of the steps to improve it even more.LOVE the constant updating

Pros

The transition was amazingly smooth, easy and was incredibly helpful then and is ALWAYS available for issues. Ease of use, my PTs LOVE the daily notes copy and paste feature.

Cons

Occasional glitch with notes (Hburg office)-----Number of clicks to get things done. BIggest issue per PTs at my office is IF there can be a way to incorporate Flow Sheet(exercises) and CPT codes into notes so does not have to be separate steps would be very BENEFICIAL .

HENO