• Pros

• "I love the ease of use with this app. It makes shopping so easy and so much fun. I love the items available for purchase"

• "I love that your system is reliable and easy to use!"

• "It is slick and beautiful. Plus customer support is amazing."

• Cons

• "The fees are a little bit high for what you get with the app but it does exactly what it promises "

• "Still lacking a few features but I know they're on the way - like Telus Health integration!"

• "Nothing is really difficult to use by any means. Sometimes it just takes patience when figuring out a new system - but over all with some time and reading it is awesome"

Browse Jane Reviews

Sandra from Sport & Spine Physiotherapy Clinic Ltd.

Jane got me through April 2020

My business was ordered to stop conducting in-clinic operations due to the COVID-19 crisis. The Jane Team launched the online video conferencing feature that they were planning to launch at the end of 2020. It allowed me to continue conducting business and adhere to the government's mandate to maintain physical distancing. Not only that they offered two weeks of webinar style training sessions that they were planning to offer using an on-site conference setting. It has been Jane and I running the business all of April 2020 and I could not have done it without "her"!

Pros

Online billing, online booking , reporting of Key Performance Indicators, scheduling, and electronic medical records all in one affordable package. Great customer service.

Cons

There has not been a downside. It is very easy to learn and it has all the features that I need.

Response from Jane Software

Replied May 2020

Sandra This is so lovely - and what an honour it has been to spend the last few weeks with you at Allied. I was surprised (although I shouldn't have been!) by the great chat participation throughout the sessions - even in an online version of what we were hoping to be a community building in-person experience. Thanks for joining us! We are lucky at Jane to be working with people like you... And I'm so glad to hear that you're working with Online Appointments! We're still working on more resources for you around returning to in-practice treatment and what it might look like to have a bit of a hybrid model for a while, with both in office and online care. Today we're working on a guide for screening calls with COVID-19 screening intake forms and consents. You're doing a phenomenal job Sandra! If there's more Jane can do to help you and your practice in resources, education or features let us know. Alison - Co-Founder

Katie from Breath of Life Family Chiropractic + Acupuncture

Jane Saves the Day!

Pros

Jane has made our chiropractic office run so much more smoothly than we were able to achieve with other EHR programs. We were able to eliminate unneeded extra pieces of software and have cloud access to be able to securely access patient files and charting from anywhere. Allowing patients to schedule and pay online is a huge plus, and our patients find their interactions with Jane easy to navigate as well! I also love that Jane's customer service is incredibly helpful and responsive. They also allow their users to suggest and vote on feature requests to help Jane's updates move forward in a way that makes the most sense for their user base.

Cons

There are a few places where I'd prefer to have more control over reporting and data integration with other software. This is not a deal-breaker for us, but does limit us somewhat in how we can present data. Every difficulty that I've run across, I have been able to get a good reason from the people at Jane as to why they were unable to do so (one case was to keep data HIPAA secure) or to find a work-around. Frequently the request is met with "that's on our roadmap to work on." And they DO come through on those promises!

Reasons for Switching to Jane

ChiroTouch was too old and too clunky for what we needed in our smaller, cash-based office.

Mark from Center for Health

This is not a software solution for a US based insurance billing practice.

Frustrating.

Pros

If you are a low volume cash based practice, you don't plan on billing US insurance, then it's fine. If not, please take my advice and avoid Jane.

Cons

We are a small US based practice and bill Medicare (40%), some insurance (20%) and the rest cash. Initially I asked my billing service to take on Jane's Insurance billing, and after a week of them investigating the software and getting their questions answered by Jane support they opted out saying it was not capable of doing US Insurance billing in a timely & cost effective manner. I should have listened. Instead of taking my billers advice I decided to have my front desk person, who has done billing for over 10 years, take a shot at using Jane for our insurance billing. After months of her working on Jane billing, multiple cases and support escalations, emails, phone calls, and even trying to get the owner involved.. we have given up. Jane support is always pleasant and courteous, but they generally have no answer for the glaring billing issues that make their software worth using for Insurance billing besides saying "we are working on it for the next release" or "why don't you post that to the suggestion feature request". I'm currently looking for a replacement.

Reasons for Switching to Jane

Go to a true SAAS application.

Response from Jane Software

Replied August 2020

Good morning Dr. Larinde, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I really appreciate hearing from you and your practice, and I'm quite dismayed to hear how frustrated you feel with your attempt to transition to Jane. As a clinic owner myself I relate to the general struggles and challenges of insurance billing, and I'm sorry to hear that Jane contributed to making that harder for you and your team. A complete refresh of the way that insurance billing is received and managed in Jane is launching in the next few weeks - I'm not sure if you had a chance to attend the summer release webinar but you can see how that looks here: https://vimeo.com/452703248 The section about the insurance billing change is linked in the description. In any case, I can see from your ratings that we have to get 4 stars better in every category if we want to see you choosing Jane for your practice in the future. We'll work on that! Alison - Co-Founder for Jane

Demi from Catalyst Chiropractic, PLLC

Perfect software for a small business like us!

The accessibility of Jane being on a web browser has freed our office from needing a server, having to worry (more) about safety and security of the data, and having special software for VPN and HIPAA compliant backups. Our office is basically paperless and we can help patients from any device we choose. It integrates with Square Terminal and also has its own credit card processing online through Stripe. It is highly customizable, yet the default emails/texts/invoices/statements/superbills/notifications are already great.

Pros

Jane is beautiful - we love using it every day. It's so aesthetically pleasing. We appreciate this even more after using other software that was ugly and not user-friendly. The price is amazing for what you get! Online intake forms, text reminders, online booking website, and much more. The automatic emailing system is such a life saver. It waits 3 minutes to email a notification to a patient, so your emails end up containing all bookings at once in a list. It also automatically links any intake forms they need in the email, you do not have to remind patients! In the off chance that they still didn't do an intake form, you can hand the patient any device using the "Fill out intake" feature and have them fill it out in the office paper-free! Charting can be more difficult in Jane for some people, because your chart is only as powerful as you make it. It is highly customizable, so it's up to you to build a great chart. Unsure about that? Well you can always start with their hundreds of templates that other practitioners have shared, and tweak it over time. I personally like building macros (you can make button options) and making everything seamless.

Cons

There are a couple items still being worked on by Jane, but they're coming out soon.For example: more features for packages, recurring automatic payments, diagnoses in charts being tied to the billing portion of the appointment, etc. Being that Jane consistently takes suggestions and has a very clear roadmap that shows what they've got in development, it's really not a problem, since you can tell they are working to improve all their features. You can see everyone's suggestions online and vote for your favorites so that the Jane team knows what to prioritize.

Reasons for Switching to Jane

ChiroTouch was so expensive, and continuously lied about what we were receiving for our money, as well as would remove accessibility to features without making you aware. They removed our online booking website for months and said they were "Working on it" when in reality a technician finally said they were developing the feature to be another paid add-on. We were already paying over $400 a month, over 4 times what Jane costs us! And had none of the online features!

Response from Jane Software

Replied December 2020

Wow Demi. This is a lovely holiday surprise. Thanks for this really detailed break down of what you've enjoyed about working with Jane in your practice. I just shared it with the team because it is so thoughtfully written. I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us and other potential Jane Community members! What a lovely gift this holiday season. I always say that I love it when practice managers enjoy working with Jane - everyone in a clinic uses Jane in a different way, and you are spending probably the most time with Jane out of anyone! Have a wonderful holiday season Demi! Alison - Co-Founder

Amanda from Rising Family Chiropractic

Perfect for Small Businesses and Ease of Scheduling for Patients!

I love it so much! It's exactly what I need for my little practice!

Pros

I love how easy this software is to make appointments and chart for my patients! It is great to be able to look up other templates as well if I don't want to create my own note template! I love that the live chat is available for the first 30 days! I would be lost without it! It has helped me so much with little questions I have as I learn this software!

Cons

I only use this software on the weekends. I wish that I could view weekends only as opposed to only removing weekends from my view. I also wish I could see my month on the schedule so I would know what I have coming up for the month.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

It was accessible via the internet and I can take it with me wherever I need to go!

Reasons for Switching to Jane

Opening a new location for my company.

Response from Jane Software

Replied December 2020

Good morning Dr. Amanda, What a wonderful review - I really appreciate your enthusiasm and congratulations on your new practice! That's so exciting And the onboarding chat is a something we just started a few months ago, so I'm really pleased to hear you found it useful. I'm going to pass along your comments there to our chat team - they'll be so glad to hear that they were helpful to you! A little tip for schedule viewing, if you click the number keys on the keyboard you can reduce the number of days in your view. So from the main schedule, click "2" to see only the next 2 days, "3" to see 3 days etc. I know it's not quite the condensed view you're looking for to make booking into the future easier, but it could get rid of the blank weekdays for your upcoming weekend. It's also not a default but I wonder if you'd like to play around with it anyway. https://jane.app/guide/staff-profiles/keyboard-shortcuts Welcome to Jane! Alison - (Co-Founder)

Lesley from Private Practice Counselling Therapy

Jane Review

I find the time I save on admin as a counsellor in private practice is invaluable; I went from spending at least 3 hours a day on invoices, keeping my own files (SOAP notes) on my laptop, receipts, find/creating forms, emailing notices, etc. to doing all of this through Jane with the click of a button; I now spend about 15 minutes a day doing what took me 3 hours when doing manually (not to mention the frustration of having to do it myself! Jane is literally like having a receptionist). But, Jane's support team is the kicker. I have never seen such a helpful support team as with Jane; not even the big company's like Virgin or Shaw Cable have support like Jane, it is unbeatable. Keep up the great work!

Pros

I was doing invoicing and receipts manually; and trying to keep track of client records - Jane cut my admin time in half which saves time and time is money. Jane is fairly straightforward to use but the Jane team has been invaluable in answering my questions within one business day every time and with useful answers every time (no wild goose chases for finding what I need! They know their stuff.).

Cons

There are just a couple of features that would be nice to have that Jane isn't configured for (calendar exporting to Outlook for example but I'm not sure that is a Jane problem). Adding more than one client/email to a profile (ie for couples counselling). However, Jane has a suggestions section that I'm sure will solve these cons in the near future. Another con however was that I wanted to use the direct billing option but found that Blue Cross doesn't allow RCC's to direct bill - NOT Jane's fault but disappointing.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

I chose Jane because it is based in Canada which Acuity and Simple Practice are not and because it has a direct billing of insurance option I may use in future, which Owl didn't.

Zeke from Family Circle Chiropractic

Hands down the best EMR/practice management software.

Absolutely the best. Many of the features that other companies charge for are included in Jane's basic version and honestly, Jane does them better. Can't say enough good about them. Just try the product and you will see.

Pros

Easy to use, does everything you need and almost everything you want without having to pay more. Customizable chart notes, works for multiple disciplines, fantastic scheduling, online scheduling, payment processing, appointment reminders, insurance billing, google reviews, patient portal. It is also way cheaper and their customer service is unmatched. I have set up and used many different EMR platforms over the years and Jane is the best in every category without any contest. I will never use another software again.

Cons

We have been using it daily for almost 2 years now and have not had any major issues. When minor things come up, their customer service is quick, efficient, and very effective. They are a joy to work with and I would give them 6 stars if I could.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

Quite simply, Jane is better in every respect.

Reasons for Switching to Jane

The other programs are buggy, cumbersome and expensive and don't allow for efficient streamlined workflow.

JEANNIE from RMT

Best App!

Basically, I can navigate fine with what I need to do on a daily basis. Switching from hands-on massage therapy to the Jane app can be a bit of a challenge, but I get better all the time. I love the support and everyone I have spoken to on calls has been terrific!

Pros

I like the use of colours for bookings and the many features, like how I can save files to a profile etc.

Cons

Sometimes, quite often I find it hard to navigate through the Reports. Most likely because I don't use them much. I find it dificult to navigate payments with insurance companies especially when they do not cover the full amount or don't pay at all because the client needs a dr. note. Then I have to make changes.

Reasons for Switching to Jane

The clinic I used to work in used it. They folded a few years ago and I was on my own. I was shopping for a good program to use and asked around. Jane gave me a free month to try it. I liked it and thought that they give much better support than Clinic Sense ever did.

Amanda from Body Mechanik Inc

Amazing Software, wish I got it sooner

Love the support when initially setting this up and all the help along the way when needed. The team at Jane responds quickly and they are so helpful.

Pros

It’s ease of use. How patients love it and always tell me that it’s the best system they have seen.

Cons

The only thing I think would be more beneficial to my practice is the ability to send emails from Jane and not have to use an integration like mailchimp.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

The easy set up and help when doing so. I had also heard from others that it was the best decision they made. I have to agree!

Kayla from Rise Physiotherapy and Performance

Amazing software for any Health Care Provider

From both a legal health care provider chart documentation standpoint, AND a business standpoint, Jane App Is SUPER user friendly and just over all awesome

Pros

SO USER FRIENDLY. AND I AM NOT GREAT WITH TECHNOLOGY! The user guide was incredible, and the tutorial videos are perfect. It is fast and efficient and they take feedback and implement it

Reasons for Switching to Jane

Online booking Reminder Emails WAY better charting / documentation Cost Effective

Response from Jane Software

Replied November 2020

Oh Kayla - thanks so much for taking the time to share. I like that you find Jane friendly even as a self proclaimed novice with technology. That's so lovely to hear and I'm glad that Jane is making you feel more comfortable with having a bit of an online assistant. I'm also really proud of you for investing a little time to review the guide and videos - it definitely helps get the most out of Jane when you use the features in a way that best works with your style of practice! Well done Kayla :) We're so fortunate to get to work with Health Care Providers like you and we'll keep working to make Jane even more helpful to you and your practice in the future. Have a lovely afternoon! Alison - Co-Founder

Tzachi "Saki" Litov from Navon Health

Incredible Program That Continues to Grow!

Overall Jane has been phenomenal! Not only are we happy with the flexibility and ease of use of the system, but the fact there's a community of users constantly offering help and feedback, and that Jane is incredibly responsive.

Pros

The fact that Jane had an integrated payment system that was incredibly easy to set up and use was a huge factor in our choice. Additionally, they offer online scheduling as well as the ability to send forms that we can create. Plus the charting is as simple or complex as you want it to be with a huge array of options.

Cons

Jane is still growing. One of the areas I'm hoping to see improvement in is its internal database of names. Currently, there is no way to segregate Clients (or Patients) from practitioners or even family members in a way that is useful. I'm hoping they'll integrate and/or add a way to prefill facilities & practitioners that are already in the system, so they don't have to be added over and over again.

Reasons for Switching to Jane

The system we were using prior to Jane was a great charting system and had really strong database integration but we were really more focused on needing the outward-facing features that Jane offers and does so well.

Response from Jane Software

Replied June 2020

Hi there Saki, So nice to hear from you and what an interesting title "Patient Advocate/Health Navigator". I love that. I'm so glad that you're working with Jane's integrated payments - we saw a really big shift over the Covid response period to contactless online payments. I'm glad that worked so well for you. And from the health navigator perspective - I appreciate your thoughts on the need for an internal database of contacts. This pairs nicely with a more robust "letters" feature that we have on our roadmap, so I'll make sure this feedback is part of that planning. Thanks for the lovely final comments. I 100% agree with you that the community you gain when you join Jane is a benefit that's hard to describe. We are also looking at doing more with the connection of our members since owning and running a practice can be a pretty lonely role. Appreciate you and the work you do Saki! Alison - Co-Founder

Kaila from Vital Life Physiotherapy Clinic

The best software ever!

Training is a breeze with a software like this! So user friendly and beautiful to use everyday! The Jane company is very innovative and are constantly coming up with ways to make things easier, different integrations and what not. I love the simplicity, I love the colours. The online booking system has been awesome for our clinic and our patients. I will also add on the experience with communicating with Jane representatives has been amazing. They e-mail back quickly, are always nice, and explain in detail what's going on with whatever you are inquiring about. In any business its important to have that, they always help me out when I'm stuck!

Pros

What I like most is the overall ease of use, its very user friendly for everyone! From taking payments, to tracking the A/R, to day end cashing out, it is so simple as everything is recorded properly. Our therapists would say the charting section is useful with all of the different templates, and our patients would say the online booking system is great as well.

Cons

The only feature that I can even think of that would be missing from Jane App is a feature to tell you if someone your booking is already booked in on that day. A pop up saying something like "Heads up! this person is already booked on this day at this time" would be extremely beneficial for our staff! Some patients forget they have an appointment and will go to book in thinking they haven't. This is the only suggestion I could add and would think that I like least is the double booking.. I know Jane will eventually make this because they listen to your suggestions and actually put them into action!

Reasons for Choosing Jane

The price was better for everything that you get. the overall look of Jane App is very pleasing to the eye and looks updated and not too "medical" looking or older, like some of the other software's. It makes me happy.

Linda from Linda Ann Farruggia Mobile RMT

Okay Platform

Pretty good overall. The staff is always friendly and can help eventually. Bookings and notes easy to do. Figuring some things on your own more difficult, getting a response by phone didn't happen multiple times, I'd eventually send an email get a response in a day or two which felt too long to wait.

Pros

Transferring from the clinic I left to my own practice with files was relatively easy. Maybe better from multidisciplinary clinic and multiple practitioners.

Cons

I thought it navigating to figure out things on your own is difficult, even with search bar as an option. Until you get used to it takes time to learn. After pandemic help time for questions took over a day to get a response and never got phone calls back, would have to email. Price very expensive, found out of other one that's half the price and as a website looks better.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

I choose Jane App because it was what I was using over a year at the clinic I was at. I was used to it and didn't realize there were some other options. One I looked at was the same price, so I stuck with Jane App for a while until I found out about another platform that as a solo practitioner looks better, easier to use and is half the price.

Response from Jane Software

Replied December 2020

Hi Linda, Sorry to hear you had a less than stellar experience with our support times! I agree that a day or two is too long - and we did definitely have some delays over the Covid response period. What a strange time this has been! Half our practitioner community was shutting down and half were scrambling to figure out online services through telehealth. I'm so pleased we were here to support our Community, but agree that our support wait times did drop below what we'd normally hope for with such unusual volume. It sounds like you've moved on to a new service, but if you'd ever like to re-join the Jane Community we'll be here! Our hope is always that everyone is using the platform that is best suited to them, so (while we hope it's Jane!) we'll always make it easy for you to transfer to another solution if you decide Jane's not the perfect match. Hope to see you again one day! Alison (Co-Founder)

Margaret from Burns Chiropractic

Awesome Software

This has been such a positive experience with Jane App and the people who work for Jane. They are very smart and their only concern seems to be that the Customer has a great experience.

Pros

This software is so intuitive and easy to learn and use. The creators are always making awesome improvements. The support team is very knowledgeable and always know the answers to the questions I'm asking. When calling in to the support team, they always get back to me within a couple of hours, usually sooner.

Cons

There have been no cons with this software. These people work so hard to make sure that you have a good experience with the software.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

The price of Jane App is so reasonable, no hidden costs. The price was a big factor for us.

Reasons for Switching to Jane

We were very frustrated with ChiroTouch. When I called the support team it seemed like I knew more about their software than they did, and that was little. It usually took 1/2 hour to try and explain what my question was and then I never really got help. I just limped along in using this software.

Response from Jane Software

Replied December 2020

Hi Margaret, It's so nice to hear from you again! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us (and other Capterra viewers!). As you know, I really love it when we get reviews from admin staff, because I know that you spend all day every day working with Jane. And it's just as much a pleasure for us to get to work with you, so thanks for being such a wonderful part of the Jane Community. Your feedback and help is a big part of Jane learning to be a great helper to your practice. You are a real delight Margaret :) I hope you have a wonderful holiday season (although it's going to be a bit of a different style this year) and I'm just so glad you're part of Jane's story. Ali

Brett from Longevity Chiropractic

Best EHR for solo practitioner chiropractic practice

Ease of use but really needs some updates rushed through for the billing reports so I don't have to continue paying for my old software just to use their ledger/billing reports.

Pros

The online scheduling, automatic patient reminders, ease of storing credit card info and sending superbills to patients, emailing intake forms, charting, all allow me to run my own practice without needing a front desk to do these mundane tasks since JANE does it all automatically! Save on both EHR and overhead from one less employee.

Cons

THERE IS NO FILTER OPTIONS ON BILLING REPORTS MEANING NO WAY TO GET A CONCISE ITEMIZED RECEIPT and it's causing me to use my old EHR system for all my personal injury / car accident patients to RE-ENTER everything before submitting it ...wasting a lot of time. for some reason JANE lists every single diagnosis code after every single CPT code (sometimes over 20+ per patient after an accident, doing 3-4 CPT codes per visit). This has caused me to have to send 200-300 page billing reports to attorneys after treating these patients for several months...or worse to insurance companies or only accept it by FAX or snail mail which gets expensive for paying for fax pages / print and ink and mail. PLEASE UPDATE TO HAVE ITEMIZED RECEIPTS OR FILTER OPTIONS ON BILLING REPORTS! Then this EHR will be perfect.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

Chirotouch is way too expensive and has too many features that I'd never use unless I wanted to spend an hour on each chart note instead of treating the patient.

Reasons for Switching to Jane

Solo practitioner practice due to losing my front desk, so I needed all the automated features to step in and do their admin work.

Response from Jane Software

Replied December 2020

Hi Dr. Brett, I actually read your review here a few days ago and then went down a full rabbit trail finding the example you sent in of the Superbill and learning more about the trouble you're having getting a concise receipt. Then I forgot to respond to your review here! I pulled out your example and made sure it was well documented with the part of our dev team responsible for these receipts and I really appreciated the clear and thorough report you gave on why it's not perfect for the way your run your practice (yet!). When Jane gets these reviews I am always really inspired to earn any missing stars and address any cons, so thanks for taking the time to both share your experience and educate our team when you're finding areas where Jane could be more helpful. I really truly appreciate that. I know we sent you a follow up email about this a few weeks ago, so let me know if you have further questions! Alison -(Co-Founder)

Lynn from Lynn Goodacre RMT

Highly Recommended!

Initially, after having done paper charting and issuing paper receipts for 30 years, I didn't think I needed Jane, but now that I've been using this system for over 4 years, I can't live without it! Jane is always providing updates based on the needs of users - like a COVID-19 survey that can be edited and is so much easier than starting from scratch! When I get an email response from customer service they always include screenshots which makes it really easy to follow the steps. Most of the healthcare offices I know use Jane and everybody loves it!

Pros

Jane is essential for running my massage therapy practice! I find it extremely easy to use, and their customer service is excellent. My clients also love how easy it is to use both for booking appointments and for the automated reminders (which they think I send!). I appreciate being able to send receipts at the click of a button and also being able to send clinical records to lawyers quickly. I have been in practice for 35 years and Jane has made my life so much easier! I also appreciate how Jane tracks my income and how much GST I have collected. They have thought of everything!

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons. When I started using Jane 4+ years ago, it required some learning, but their customer service helped me whenever I got stuck, and Jane provides lots of guides to answer basic questions.

Response from Jane Software

Replied November 2020

Oh Lynn - thanks for these kind words! Being with Jane for 4 years is a long time and I'm so glad you've been a part of Jane's story I love this part "I didn't think I needed Jane, but now that I've been using this system for over 4 years, I can't live without it." How wonderful to hear! I'm thankful you've found the Covid screening tool useful, as we all figure out these new protocols together. I know that people are also finding the self-check in with the QR code helpful, especially if they are solo practitioners. So hope you've discovered that feature too! I am always looking at how Jane could improve, so thanks for giving me a moment to reflect on all the things that Jane has learned over the last 4 years Lynn. Appreciate the kind reminder and lovely comments. Alison - Co-Founder

one of the best apps around for all healthcare providers

I have found Jane to be a great over-all softward for your health care clinic. If you do have chiropractors, acupuncturists, massage therapists, osteopaths, etc., it is a great way to seamlessly book and chart.

Pros

I have used Jane app at a few different clinics, including the one I am at now. The amount of features it has, and how you can customize it for your needs as a Practitioner are wonderful. From chart taking to booking multiple appointments at once easily, Jane has really thought of everything a Practitioner may want, and applied it to their software. I also believe the customer service is fantastic from past communication.

Cons

There are almost too many ways to do 1 thing. For instance for billing, you can go in and do it, then the next time do it a different way and get the same result. I think it would be better to not overcomplicate things by just allowing you to learn how to achieve what you want only 1 way. Sometimes I forget how I did lets say an ICBC claim, go in, find out oh I can also do it this way, then forget. The final thing is the price point if you are a sole practitioner is very high, but in a medium size clinic with receptionists this is a great softward to communicate with everyone at your clinic.

Moved locations

Response from Jane Software

Replied November 2020

Hi there, Thanks for sharing some of your experience with Jane across a number of different practices. I'm pleased to hear that you've found Jane flexible although I'm hearing that you might be sometimes finding Jane to be TOO accommodating with the ways to access the same place. Often this is because for an administrator working the front desk - it make sense to get to the billing one way, while for a practitioner who is mostly charting it makes sense to have a different path. But for those workflows you only do once in a while, I understand that might cause confusion. We'll keep working on making Jane both powerful and flexible for the different ways that every clinic (and practitioner) practices but still intuitive. Always so much room for improvement :) Thanks again for sharing some of your thoughts with us and anyone else considering Jane for their practice. Alison - Co-Founder

Roberto from Accessible Acupuncture

Industry: Alternative Medicine

There's really nothing else like this

Jane has made so many things easier and dare I say - enjoyable. I used to dread all of my time spent on the computer, but no longer. From charting to managing payments and scheduling, there's really no comparison to Jane. A little more expensive than some bare bones options out there - but we made up for it (and then some) by simply reducing the # of no-shows. We used to have more than our share of no shows despite our previous software's email reminders. Jane's ability to add both email & text reminder options (WITHOUT added fees for text reminders!!!!) & set things up so the patient's could select the options that work best for them was a godsend. Much fewer no-shows now. Charting is quicker, more efficient and more legible. Customer service (email or phone) is friendly and focused on providing specific answers to my specific questions - no stock answers that sorta kinda maybe apply to my question. It's obvious Jane is the product of a lot of work and development to meet the needs of how real businesses work while also recognizing that all businesses operate differently and could benefit from customization to meet their needs. It sounds kitschy but Jane really does make our clinic & my life better.

Pros

Sorry - can't pick just one, but for us the text reminder option (without additional cost) itself made up for the slight difference in cost compared to what we were using before. With text reminders we don't have the amount of no shows or late cancels that we used to. Also - custom charting/templates and ability to modify charts made by others before us, has saved me SO MUCH TIME charting & also made my charts more legible & organized. I'm embarrassed it took us so long to switch

Cons

It's so advanced compared to what I was used to that I got a bit overwhelmed at first. Fortunately, the various videos, articles, phone support, demo clinic (where I could play with various settings etc) and online meeting support was phenomenal with everyone genuinely friendly and focused on helping you without stock replies. Other con is that we had to use a not-so-perfect workaround for tracking groupon & other prepaid packages we sell. However, the good news is they're rolling out a fix for that sometime this fall

Reasons for Choosing Jane

more bang for the buck. so many more features, not having to pay extra for text reminders (very important to us), the level of customization possible (yowza!), and the ability to tool around with the demo clinic to see first-hand how Jane looked and felt. After comparing and evaluating, the decision to choose jane was a no brainer.

Reasons for Switching to Jane

text reminders, better charting features and work-ability, better scheduling features, and soooooo many other features that are for the most part customizable. Better customer service & response times.

Response from Jane Software

Replied October 2020

Oh my word Roberto, This is just too lovely. What an honour to get to read these words today - we shared your whole review with our team so that everyone that helps build and support Jane could read it too. I can't tell you how much your words around Jane's customization makes me smile. Every time we add a feature to Jane we have to make sure it will work in the seemingly MILLIONS of ways people out there like to run their clinics. So you're right that the set up at the beginning is part of "teaching" Jane how things work at your practice and can take some time. I'm glad you found help during that training within our guides and with our support team. I like to think that when you bring on Jane to work in your practice you get a software, a team of cheerleaders AND a community of other Allied Healthcare business owners. And YOU make Jane and OUR life better! I'm at my 1000 character max so can't say more! But thanks again for your kind words. Ali - Co-Founder

Brenda from Lotus Life Massage & Wellness, LLC

Growing Your Goals

I'm loving everything that Jane has to offer. After 10 years in the medical profession (nurse) and being a real stickler for documentation, I'm a big fan that I can create my own intake forms and consents. This allows me to continue a normal charting flow for me while protecting both my client and myself from any future issues that may arise.

Pros

I love that Jane App is a total package - appointment scheduler, documentation, ease of accessibility for both practitioner and client - all for a fraction of the price of hiring someone to do the same work. Jane makes it so easy to visualize the roadmap I need to create in order to obtain the goals I set for my massage practice. And even better...I can grow my business with the Jane App, too! What's really blown me away? The customer support at Jane is personable, prompt and open to receiving feedback to what their practitioners wand and need in a software program.

Cons

Scheduling is a little tricky as the sole practitioner. My business is mostly out call based but will occasionally have repeat clients, friends or family over to my home to provide the same massage service. Unfortunately, right now, Jane isn't able to accommodate blocking off schedules if another location is booked. I'd also like to see Jane have a mobile app in the future.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

Pricing, software abilities and potential practice growth with software that supports (and encourages) such

Response from Jane Software

Replied October 2020

Hi Brenda, I love that you've "hired" Jane for your practice! Thanks for sharing your experience here with us. A nurse turned LMT is a fascinating story and I'm glad to hear that Jane can help you provide great (and well documented!) care to your patients. I laughed out loud reading your pros. It sounds like it was written by a Jane marketing team! I'm so pleased you've been enjoying working with our team. When I talk about community at Jane it's a big web - Jane the App, Jane our Team, Jane our Customers and even your patients. Like fascia, every layer is interconnected to build out a strong community of people. I'm glad you're part of Jane's story Brenda. Keep letting us know how we could do better. We'll never stop trying to delight everyone that meets and works with Jane . Ali - Co-Founder

Ana from Back-In-Action Chiropractic

Go Jane!

Great! Friendly, fun, knowledgable company to work with. This is the first software we've used (gone through 3 over the past 12 years) that I've called FUN! Keep up the good work Jane!

Pros

Easy to use & customizable, compliant. Jane Team really listens to what their customers are asking for, so if it's something you really want that's not there yet, I'm guessing it will be in the near future!

Cons

Billing insurance & reconciling EOBs was my big dislike, but I think the new update is going to be fixing that:-)

Reasons for Choosing Jane

We really were not looking for another software at the time. But we both got irritated when every new improvement that came with our old software was cost prohibitive for a small clinic like ours. I'm not even sure how we happened upon Jane, the chiro may have seen it at a meeting? Anyway, we happened to check it out and are keeping our fingers crossed it continues as it started for us, as so far we are very impressed with the technical aspects as well as the company culture!

Reasons for Switching to Jane

Jane appeared to be a much better value, when we demo'd it looked as though they would provide everything we needed without the nickle and diming we've experienced in the past.

Response from Jane Software

Replied September 2020

Hi Ana, New update tomorrow and I hope it's exactly what you're looking for to help with reconciling EOBs and insurance billing! Send us a note by the end of the week to let us know what about the update is working and if there's still room for improvement. I'm excited to hear your thoughts! And I'm so thrilled to hear that you're finding running with Jane fun! I love that! We'll keep working to find more moments of delight to add to Jane. And we do have a few new features that we're working on which will be optional and for a price - but if you ever feel like Jane is "nickel and diming" you please send me a note. We're walking a line of keeping Jane simple for those who run a more basic practice, and powerful for those who would like more advanced features - all while maintaining an affordable base price. It's something I think about all the time so keep me in the loop about how fair that feels as we grow together. With gratitude, Alison - Co-Founder

Tabitha from Tabitha Marsh, LAc

Best EHR Ever!

Jane App not only had an amazing product, it has an amazing and friendly team - always open to software improvement and help if it is needed. I've rarely had issues come up, but when I had a question or an issue, they were instantly there to solve it. They are constantly adding new features and responding directly to client feedback. My life is so much better and I save so much time with this EHR system. It has really made my work and life so much better. Highly recommended!

Pros

I looked for years for a good EHR and Jane was definitely the answer. Being able to draw what I see on a patient right on the chart was a major attraction to me - but it does so much more! I can completely customize soap notes, send intakes confidentially to patients, and bill patients through the software integration. It is logically laid out and relatively intuitive once you get the basics down.

Cons

One of the challenges of being a full featured software is that it can take time to learn everything. In the beginning there weren't a lot of video tutorial - just written instructions. Even in the last couple of years Jane has responded with more visuals which I really appreciate. Areas I would love to see them develop in the future: A more robust inventory that allows calculation of COGS.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

Quality of product, the ability to draw directly onto intake forms. Flexibility of design. It just includes so many of the little details that make workflow easier. The product has such a smart design, easy to navigate, visually appealing, great customer service. What isn't there to like? :)

Reasons for Switching to Jane

I wanted forms that I could draw my findings directly on and design my own forms. I wanted something that was priced reasonably with high functionality. The only thing that Clienttracker did better was managing products and inventory so that I could figure out COGS. I also wanted to be able to send clients intakes virtually. Copying records for insurance companies and lawyers was a laborious task. With Jane app it is a snap - and so easy to navigate records.

Response from Jane Software

Replied September 2020

Hi Tabitha, Oh my - I really appreciate that you've been a part of Jane's journey over the last few years. This part of your review is just so lovely to read: "My life is so much better and I save so much time with this EHR system. It has really made my work and life so much better. Highly recommended!" Thanks for such lovely words - and for inviting Jane into your practice. I'd love to hear about your challenges with COGS - we've made some updates to Jane's inventory management over the last year, and you can enter the sales price, the cost to you, and run the inventory report to show how much you have in stock of each item and how many you've sold in the last 30 days. The product performance report also now shows cost and profit if you've let Jane know how much you purchase price is for the different inventory items. Hope that helps, but let us know if you'd like to run through that with the team. Alison - Co-Founder

Nick from All Creatures Wise and Wonderful

Industry: Veterinary

Dear Jane...

Two thumbs up. Ten out of ten. Gold star. Five out of five dentists approve. No side effects. My overall experience has been great, but honestly I would never have given a review if not for the customer service. You guys have THE BEST customer service I have ever encountered, and I am an idiot who is constantly contacting customer support and trying to figure out how to fit the phone in my helmet, you know? In my job, I need to call often for support. You have always been excellent; both the phone support and the text-based support. You're doing great. Stay golden, Ponyboy. Or girl, I guess, as it were. Jane and all. That's a reference to the Outsiders, by the way. Uhh... I'm old.

Pros

At a previous clinic, we used Booker. Booker was solid, pretty decent, no real complaints about the software itself. However, I've got a big complaint about the customer service. To put it bluntly, they sucked. Calling for help was like playing a fun little game of roulette... you spin the wheel, hope to get someone knowledgeable, and hang up and call again if you didn't. The only part about Booker's support I liked was the hold music. Seriously. I mean, pretty sincerely. That music was jamming. It was good stuff. Jane is a lot like Booker in some ways, and significantly different in others, but those differences all seem to just require relearning how Jane works, and then it is fully functional. I never run into a situation where it turns out Jane CAN'T do what I want it to do... just a situation where I don't know HOW to get Jane to do what I want it to do. Once it's explained to me (two or three times), I get it, and it works very well.

Cons

I don't really have anything bad to say. Jane's cool, yo.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

For reasons! I just don't know what they are.

Reasons for Switching to Jane

I couldn't tell you why, exactly. We all used Booker at Frontier Wellness Center, then one of the doctors left to start her own practice. When the doctor running Frontier retired and the clinic closed, I joined this one, which was the one started by the doctor who left. She chose Jane instead of Booker. When I joined and learned that, I shrugged and didn't really object. Booker was good, but I'm open to learning new things. Now, I prefer Jane. Booker was solid. Jane is better.

Response from Jane Software

Replied September 2020

Oh. My. Word. Nick this is the best review we've ever received. I enjoyed every line of it - and I do apologize for our hold music. We've changed it twice, but I think there's definitely still room for improvement. I'll work on that first thing tomorrow. Any requests? And Nick... you're also pretty cool, yo. Thanks for sharing some of your experience working with Jane and for making me smile tonight. I love that you took the initiative to learn about how Jane might solve problems a little differently than your last software - and 2 to 3 times to learn something is pretty good actually! Also I read the Outsiders in grade 9. Do they not read that in school anymore? Maybe that makes me old too. Alison - Co-Founder

Kimberly from Transcendent Wellness LLC

HIGHLY recommend

I have to give a BIG shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for not only reaching out to ensure I had all the info I needed and that I didn't have any questions or concerns, but he went ABOVE AND BEYOND and had [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (Thank you SOOOO much too!) recreate a VERY comprehensive form for me! I am beyond grateful for this collaborative effort from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] which has made a happy customer even happier! It was a huge burden lifted off my shoulders right now. My experience with their customer service is all positive!

Pros

Jane App has already greatly exceeded my expectations! I love that everything I wanted (and more!) is integrated all into one platform. The booking/scheduling, intake forms, telehealth, HIPAA compliance, appt reminders all in one!

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say at this time. Although the initial start-up is a little overwhelming, as it would be with anything that offers what they do, it is made to be as user friendly as possible.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

Pricing was the big factor initially, but then also seeing everything I needed fully integrated.

...

Response from Jane Software

Replied September 2020

Hi Kimberly, Thanks so much for sharing your experience working with Jane in your practice and for all your kind words. I love your Comments! It looks like Capterra doesn't like sharing their name publicly, but we figured out who you were working with, and I've passed along your words to them here internally :) I'm so glad you've had a positive experience during your transition to Jane. Your words here made my day. I'm also proud of you for working through that awkward set up period - change is always hard, so I"m glad you took the leap and have joined the Jane Community! Nice work. I hope we get to chat with you again soon - don't hesitate to get in touch if there's anything we can do to make Jane more helpful to you, your practice and you clients. Alison - Co-Founder

Dana from Alignd Body Mind Inc

If you have a clinc you NEED JANE

If I have a question they get back to me promptly their tutorials are fantastic, so practitioners can practically train themselves online before onboarding. COVID hits and guess what they are the first do implement virtual treatment software with no extra charge and COVID screening and the ability to check in from their cars. This company CARES for you and your clients. Thank you with all my heart!

Pros

We have 6 practitioners and 3 rooms we share and 5 different disciplines. No other platform could support all our needs for online booking that integrated easily with our website. Kept track of their commissions and splits for services and products in a beautiful and simple financial section. And everyone could customize their own intake forms and treatment notes that are kept in Phipa highest standards online. We can book clients, accept payments send clients their insurance receipts in the click of a button. We literally do not have the expense of a receptionist Jane and their amazing help team is our best office manager!

Cons

We have a sliding scale for our therapists so this software doesn't allow that but they are adding new features on a weekly basis to accommodate all the needs of the users.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

Couldnt accomodate all the needs of different practitioners, Nutritionist, Acupuncture, RMT Osteopath physio... and the room scheduling.

Reasons for Switching to Jane

It had everything we needed.

Response from Jane Software

Replied August 2020

Good Morning Dana, Thanks for the lovely review! What a wonderful practice you have - I love the interdisciplinary approach. And how great to hear that Jane is working well for your wide range or practitioners. I am especially proud to read your comments about how Jane's covid response worked well for you and your team. I am going to share your kind words with Jane's team today! We've been talking about how we get to "help people help people" here at Jane - and your review here really helps bring that idea to life. Thanks for the work you do in your community! Alison - Co-Founder

Devon from oGoFloat

A great Canadian made booking software

Overall we enjoyed using Jane App and was able to set it up for our specific needs. We loved being able to support a more locally owned business when choosing their service. Their customer support was good but was also delayed for up to 1 to 2 days at times. Their online help menu was very helpful at times.

Pros

We went with Jane initially because it was a Canadian based company had a great review from another float center we had consulted with. The mobile side of this software was very easy to use and navigate. It was easy to adapt it to our needs of running a float center; the app is intended for practitioner style business. (Chiro, massage, etc)

Cons

Does not have membership style functions or being able to have a single service token compared to a dollar value on someones account. Does not send out auto emails at different pre-determined intervals or other areas within the software.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

We went with Jane over Helm based on cost, location of software business, and the size of our company at the current time.

Response from Jane Software

Replied August 2020

Hi Devon, I love the patriotism! Thanks for your Canadian Support :) We are just about to implement a new "packages" feature that might be helpful to you! If you missed the summer feature showcase you can see a preview of how they will work: https://vimeo.com/452703248 Just follow the time stamp for packages down in the description of the video. And I'd love to hear more about the type of auto emails you're looking for - the "Ratings and Reviews" feature (also in that video I linked to above) might be what you're after? Coming soon too!! I hope you have a lovely week Devon, and thanks for taking the time to tell us a bit about your story with Jane. Alison - Co-Founder

Anja from Homeopathy & Psychotherapy

Great admin help

It took me a few weeks to really understand and use JaneApp as it was a bit confusing at first to work myself through all the tutorials. I had to talk to them several times on the phone to figure some things out. But now that everything is up and running I really enjoy using JaneApp on a daily basis. Payment collection and booking and charting have become much more easy and even fun!

Pros

JaneApp is a great tool for scheduling appointments, receiving payments and letting patients book on an online booking page. It has a great look and feel to it, functions well and really helps cut down on admin time once it is up and running. It also has a very extensive charting options, so you can keep all your patient information in one place. And it has no a functional telehealth platform that makes it easy and safe to do online appointments while adhering to privacy protection regulations. The team is extremely friendly and always helpful and they have an extensive self help video library.

Cons

I like most of it. As a single practitioner, I wish there would be a more slim version for people like me as there are several functions I don't use but can't hide. Some functions are a bit inflexible, but you can usually work around it and they have a wish list for improvements. There are a few features I wish would be added, like being able to schedule non-patient times on your schedule like admin time etc (you have to use the break function for it). Another missing element is that you can't list your expenses, only the income.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

Jane is based in Canada and stores information on Canadian servers as opposed to most similar companies. I also liked their design, functions and tutorial videos (partly because they are recorded with normal, calm voices, not the high energy, artificial advertising voices that I find quite repelling in similar programs).

Reasons for Switching to Jane

Compass was a computer based program and didn't have as many functions

Response from Jane Software

Replied September 2020

Hi Anja, Thanks for sharing your thoughts on running with Jane! So glad you've invited Jane into your practice and that our team has helped make the transition a smooth one. We've been talking a lot about how to keep Jane both flexible for your unique needs but also hide all the features you might not want to work with. It's a great challenge and I'm excited about improving the FEELING of simplicity while still allowing you the flexibility and options to train Jane for exactly how your unique practice works. I love the desire for a "slim" version. We'll keep working on that. Thanks again for sharing your experience! Alison - Co-Founder

Robyn from Robyn Fraser

Highly recommend Jane App for health care setting

Love it and feel it is great value for what I'm receiving.

Pros

I have been using Jane actively for a few months and am appreciating it more and more on a daily basis! I've noticed an increase in new patient bookings as, apparently, people like the freedom to book online rather than playing phone or email tag with me. Many, many of my return patients comment how much they love Jane and how easy it is to use. In the past few weeks I've started online charting as well as the booking and this too is going well. I'm thrilled to finally be done with paper patient files (that I need to store for 10yrs once inactive!). This is much more efficient. Customer support is also excellent and response time is great!

Cons

Not really a con, but because Jane offers so much, there is a bit of a learning curve, at least for me. However, I'm not a tech-sort and had only done paper booking prior to Jane. Thankfully, they were able to walk me through any difficulties I was having with set up etc.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

Jane offers both online booking and patient charting. Also saw that many other practitioners similar to me are using Jane which helped me to feel like Jane was the right choice.

Response from Jane Software

Replied August 2020

Hi Robyn, Thanks for taking the time to submit this review and welcome to the Jane Community! I love that you're finding success with the online booking through Jane - my practice is seeing 60% of our appointments booked online so I agree that it's a feature that is appreciated by patients. When I first opened my practice that number was closer to 25%, so it's interesting to see the change in patient behaviour over time. And congratulations on making the move to electronic charting! Leaving paper behind can feel like a big change, and I hope you're taking advantage of things like the template library and our new phrases feature, which can help speed things up. So excited to be working together and as always, let us know if our team can help in any way. We are so proud to be here to support you and your practice. Talk soon, Alison -Co-Founder

Sandra from Dr. Sandra Young, Psychological Services

Jane App for solo practice

Decreased workload with appointment reminders and payment collection options Great reports for my accountant and for taxes Keeps all chart notes and documents in one place Integrated Telehealth included They seem to be constantly improving my experience with upgrades Excellent help section, but also quickly respond to emails and phone calls

Pros

CUSTOMER SERVICE is excellent: highly responsive, respectful and effective Company is responsive to feedback and is continuously updating Seriously decreases my workload and increases my efficiency

Cons

Steep learning curve when getting started (but so many features)

Reasons for Choosing Jane

At the time Jane took payments and Owl did not.

Response from Jane Software

Replied August 2020

Hi Dr. Young, Thanks for writing out this review of Jane. It's such a pleasure to hear where you're finding success with Jane in your practice (and where we can improve!). I'm also really glad to hear you've enjoyed working with our support team - we feel so privileged to be working with a Jane community filled with practitioners like you! I'm going to share your review with the team because it's so encouraging to hear this type of feedback. I especially love to hear that you're working with Jane as a solo practice - I love it when Jane can give you a bit of a "co-worker" when you're practicing on your own. Sometimes that can feel a bit lonely. Thanks again for this lovely review Dr. Young. Alison - Co-Founder

Samantha from Poppy FIeld Wellness

Jane is a Game Changer!

I love just about everything from creating templates to charting to the fullscript integration and just letting Jane work for me with online booking with booking notifications, creating disciplines, treatments... the flexibility and functionality and most of the time ease of use.

Pros

Ease of Use. Customer Support. Design. Functionality. Features. It feels like Jane really listens to the users needs and implements new features all of the time to reflect this.

Cons

So far I really only have Pros. If I had to choose a Con I would say sometimes I just cannot figure out how to intuitively do certain things with the EHR so I often hit up customer support to help me resolve my inquiries.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

I tried many EHR's over the last decade and was just so frustrated with them as they were just so complicated or offered way too much for my needs or were just clunky to use, not aesthetically pleasing to stare at and totally not intuitive at all. Jane is just so great really meeting most of my needs to help with less time charting, booking appointments, receiving payments, creating invoices etc...

Response from Jane Software

Replied August 2020

Hi Samantha, I'm so glad to hear you've started working with Jane! I just read your review to our whole team tonight and we were so honoured by your kind words. It sounds like you're really working with so many of Jane's features and the team is absolutely here anytime you might need help. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with Jane so far. Alison - Co-Founder

Terri from Storrie, Velikonja & Associates

Wonderful software, wonderful team!

Jane App has been a wonderful addition to our office and makes managing patient files a dream. The Jane team is always there to help if needed and are ever changing to grow with the new world.

Pros

East of use, always improving to make it work even better than it already does, its nice to look at.

Cons

The ability to limit what patients can see on he their profile.

Better customization, better flow

Reasons for Switching to Jane

Jane was more user friendly and Skedule X did not provide enough ease of use and the ability for our office to change things as we needed them to. Very limited to customize the program for what we needed. Jane allows a lot of customization and for administrators to make those changes themselves.

Response from Jane Software

Replied July 2020

Hi Terri, Thanks so much for all the stars! This is such a pleasure to read this morning. I love that you're enjoying working with Jane in your practice and that you're taking the time to "train Jane" in all the ways that work best for you through customization. So glad you're part of the Jane Community Terri! I especially love it when Jane gets along well with Admin Managers and Team - practices are a busy place and I'm always thrilled when Jane can help with the day-to-day. Have a wonderful weekend Terri! Alison - Co-Founder

Karen R from Karen Adams Acupuncture PC

Using Jane

I've been doing 'forensic tracking' of old VA claims. It's a tedious data entry process, but the results have been very satisfactory. We plan on training patients to recognize that we can deliver Chinese Medicine through telemed, and Jane's telemed service is so simple and easy, which is going to help.

Pros

Jane has been a fantastic 'staff member'. Scheduling is a breeze, tracking payments - especially VA payments - is incredibly useful and easy, especially compared to my old, clunky spreadsheet method. Best of all is the telemed feature. I'm also deeply appreciative of Jane's Covid-19 pre-screen process, which has simplified our patient entry. I've copied that template into a new chart template, so that practitioners can screen, on arrival, those patients who forget or are not computer savvy, also simplifying patient entry.

Cons

I would like to have more flexibility in designing patient communications (eg being able to format text), and in designing chart notes that fit on one page. Like any database, being able to access help depends on knowing what questions to ask. That's been a *bit* annoying, but if I really get stuck, I just send an email to Jane, and always get a response within 24 hours. We may go back and forth a bit, but I'm almost always satisfied by the results.

Reasons for Switching to Jane

Jane had way more options for a busy clinic.

Response from Jane Software

Replied July 2020

Hi Karen, Thanks so much for this review today! I just LOVE that you think of Jane as a staff member - part of the team. That's so great. And happy to hear that insurance tracking has been easier for you since you hired Jane. ;) One of my little secrets for searching Jane's guides is to user Google. Google has indexed them all - so if you go to Google and search your question (or keywords) with "Jane App" you will get really relevant and helpful results from our guide. But we'll keep working on making that search easier! For example searching "merging patients Jane App" on Google should get you the guide you're looking for. I'm so glad we get to work together Karen - and so excited that the Online Appointments and covid screening features have helped your practice over the past few months. So glad you've joined the Jane Community. Looking forward to continuing to work together. Alison - Co-Founder

Nell from Nell Mead Physiotherapist

Great product, excellent customer service

I've been consistently impressed with the customer service - the team are responsive and helpful. The only minor issue is the lack of customisability, but there's a trade-off with a lower price, so overall I'm very happy.

Pros

The ability to take online payments and to reconcile them with appointments was an absolute dealbreaker for me when looking for clinical notes software. Very few systems offer this feature; and Jane offers a better version than my old system, at a lower cost. Absolute no brainer. I also liked the fact that I only pay for a licence for clinicians and not for admin staff - that's a real bonus.

Cons

I'd used my old system for 10 years before switching to Jane, and it doesn't feel quite as intuitive yet. However - I felt the same way when I switched from my Nokia to an iPhone, and now that I'm used to it, I wouldn't consider switching back. I guess the only thing I'm not so keen on is the permissions, as they're not as customisable as I'm used to, which means I have to do some tasks that I would previously have given my admin team; and the fact that Jane's back-end team won't customise things for me (eg permissions and reports) as my previous software team were prepared to do for a price.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

The price, the customer service team, and the ability to take online payments

Reasons for Switching to Jane

A friend was switching to Jane and recommended it. I checked it out and liked the payment system, and found the free trial useful.

Response from Jane Software

Replied July 2020

Hi Nell, Thanks for this review of Jane! And of Jamie - who probably helped you with your transition to Jane. I'm so glad you're finding online payments helpful to your practice. We couldn't have anticipated the importance of contactless payments in advance, but I know that they're being used by many practices to help with reduced risk in practice, and to pay for the newly popular online appointments. It's certainly a shifting time for many of us, and I really laughed at your comparison of moving from a Nokia to an iPhone! My co-founder Trevor will be pleased to hear that Jane is being compared to Apple design and aesthetic. More granular permissions are in the works! We'll keep you apprised on the work we're doing there to allow for custom role creation. We're so glad you've joined the Jane Community Nell. Alison - Co-Founder on behalf of Jane

Sally from Lionsgate Laser Clinic

Good

Pros

Customer support is absolutely outstanding!

Cons

The very pale coloured print of the days of the week in a the schedule and the time. Would be better in black. Hard to read which can lead to mistakes

Very Annoying

Response from Jane Software

Replied June 2020

Morning Sally, Thanks for the review and I'm so glad you're enjoying working with our team! We enjoy working with you too. And thanks for the feedback about the schedule display. Jane can sometimes display differently based on your device and monitor - some have found success by changing their monitor preferences, but we have a few other tips on schedule display too if you'd like to hear them! You could try increasing the zoom of your schedule by using short cut keys Shift+up arrow (and Shift+down arrow does the reverse) which makes each appointment a bit longer, and working with the magnifying glass tool can make booking a bit quicker too. But I'll bring up your feedback about the calendar lines and see what we can do. Happy Thursday Sally - lovely to hear from you. Alison - Co-Founder

Peter from Three Pillars Acupuncture

Jane App is an amazing Practice Management System

I just wanted to take a moment and share how much I appreciate Jane and the whole team. They are an amazing, top-rate organization and their support and customer service are second to none! Their openness to feedback and constant improvements in performance and function make it a pleasure to use the system. My patients love the user experience too! Thank you Jane for always going above and beyond!

Pros

Integrated EHR, scheduling, billing, accounting functions, integrations with other apps/programs that are highly customizable for every individual or business

Cons

I would love to see an expansion of the "intake form" feature that would allow customized language for follow up forms to patients such as pain and function surveys, updates of personal/insurance information (I think most clinics do this on a yearly basis), etc. I currently send different surveys regularly, and I use the intake form function for this. Unfortunately, the language is set for new patient intake paperwork. It would be nice to have even just one more category for "Updates" or something like that.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

Best combination of features, best customer support in demoing the product, all at a very competitive price

Response from Jane Software

Replied April 2020

Hi Peter! What a nice review to read today. I'm so glad to hear that you and Jane are enjoying working together :) Patient Reported Outcome Measures is a great feature request. So many fun and helpful features we could add here, and it's something we're excited about too! Updating insurance information regularly is a great call too. We're doing some development around insurance info collection right now actually - and I'll add this idea of regular updates to the list. We do have "expiring intake forms" which could currently work here (if you create one just for insurance info and set it to expire after 1 year, Jane will automatically send a new one if they book in again after a year of the form being completed). Such good thoughts Peter. Thanks for sharing. And your comments about the team are so appreciated. Thanks for being part of the Jane story Peter. We're lucky to have you. Alison - Co-Founder

Susannah-Joy from William & Associates Counselling Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

Everything we wanted and more

Jane has made scheduling and payment almost effortless. It's worth every penny for that alone.

Pros

Jane's instantly available help, scheduling, payment process, and types of reports are at the top of my list. After that, adding/removing staff, setting up sessions, infographs, and now telehealth come a very close second. The opportunity to make suggestions regarding suggested features and voting on the features that are important to our practice is a cool thing, as are the chart templates that create a shared community of practice. Very groovy.

Cons

As a mental health practice, there are some issues around confidentiality that require practices which are very difficult if not impossible in Jane. With the help of Jane we have found workarounds - awkward but doable. We're hopeful that as more clinical practices focusing on mental health become a part of Jane, these features will be more readily available. There are no issues with Jane that would cause me to drop any stars. This platform is still a 10 on all fronts.

Response from Jane Software

Replied April 2020

Susannah-Joy, Thanks for these kind words - first time we've heard that Jane is groovy, and I'm definitely digging it! ;) I love hearing that a shared charting template is creating a feel of community within your practice. That is such a wonderful idea and likely so helpful when coordinating client care. 5 gold stars for you too! And I'm so pleased to be able to tell you that more flexible permissions per profile (we're calling the project "granular permissions" internally) is well underway. It's a huge project but I agree that it's an especially important one. We've seen mental health adoption of technology surge ahead this year, and dramatically so during this covid response period. We're dedicated to continuing to serve the Mental Health community with some more industry specific features coming throughout 2020. Thanks again for such a lovely review of Jane. Have a wonderful Monday. Alison - Co-Founder

Crystal from MOONLIGHT MIDWIFERY

Beautiful interface for holistic practices

Great customer service.

Pros

The interface is nice and quick to learn. Jane team is helpful and easy to contact by email. I like the ease of having clients do online intake, consents and billing. I like being able to build templates.

Cons

This software really lacks features for healthcare practitioners that need to track coding of ICD10.. which is important when you are ordering labs and billing. It doesn't have a way to have flowsheets of data or problem management, which is terrible for midwives. You can't track lab values anywhere either... it's like your having to open and keep open a visit note to have a template to enter values in. I have also seen no additional features or updates in the time I have been using it.. until Covid came along.. they added televisit option.

interface

Response from Jane Software

Replied March 2020

Hi Crystal, Nice to hear from you! I'm glad you've found much of Jane easy to use and that you've enjoyed chatting with our team Many of your cons are very true. Thanks for listing them here - as I think it's important for people considering Jane to recognize that integrated labs and the tracking of lab values over time isn't currently available. The "vitals" chart piece is built to be tracked over time visually and we're working on that on our end - so we'll keep improving on that. If you'd like to see what we're currently building or vote for features, I wonder if you've seen our feature request list? You can access it from the drop down from your name at the top right - click "Feature Request" and then at the very top left you can flip over to "Roadmap" to see more info. Under the "Feature Request" tab you can also search and upvote your feature requests. Thanks again for the feedback - we love hearing how could do better. Alison - Co-Founder

Mandi from Dr. Mandi Murtaugh Physical Therapy + Yoga

Easy to set up, all inclusive, easy to use, great design

Having the scheduling, payment, auto-reminders, patient info, online scheduling--basically having everything I need in one place has been a dream. As a solo-preneur this has been a life saver for me!

Pros

Easy to set up and use, intuitive design, love that I can customize colors/branding, and have multiple locations. I like having access to templates but also the ability to edit them or create my own. Customer service is excellent, though honestly, besides a little help with initial set up, I've only had to contact them once in the first 6 months of using it.

Cons

In addition to 1:1 patient appointments, I offer workshops and trainings. I wish I could set up registration for these a little differently instead of it looking like a patient class, and would prefer a link to send people to register JUST for that workshop, instead of sending them to my calendar.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

I liked the all-in-one features, the design, and the ease of use. I asked a lot of colleagues for input and Jane was the number 1 recommendation.

Reasons for Switching to Jane

Too much effort tracking things in different places and having separate systems.

Response from Jane Software

Replied March 2020

Oh Dr. Murtaugh, Your "pros" here is probably the nicest write up of Jane that I've ever seen. Thanks for taking the time to write it out and share your experience. And I sent you a follow up email yesterday with some information on how you can jump directly to the classes registration area since every URL in the booking process is unique. Let me know if the email didn't come through :) I'm so glad that you're part of the Jane community - I ran through your instagram feed and your website and the work you're doing is impressive and so so helpful. Well done! You are one powerful solo-preneur and I'm so glad Jane can be part of your Team. Alison - Co-Founder

Luis from Via Natural Medicine

Essential for our day to day business activities

It's as if we gave them our business plan and said: "Here build a web app that we can build our business on." Truly built from the ground up for a busy clinic such as ours.

Pros

Reporting and client management is its strength. The support is impeccable and prompt. The uptime has been 99.99%

Cons

The UI is not as intuitive as I would wish it to be.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

SmartND was a good option for us but lacked the front counter services such as POS and storefront inventory features at the time that we looked at it.

Reasons for Switching to Jane

Mindbody was made for practitioners but lacked many features for our doctors including built-in SOAP notes. There was a plugin that we purchased for MBO but the implementation was not optimal at all.

Response from Jane Software

Replied January 2020

Thanks so much for your review Luis - we love to hear your thoughts. :) I received your review first thing this morning and it was a wonderful way to start this snowy Tuesday here in North Vancouver. I also own a clinic, and know how much happens every minute in a busy practice, so I'm so thrilled to hear that Jane is working well for you over at Via. And I'm equally as invested in working with you on figuring out where the UI is giving you some trouble. Would I be able to connect with you about where you're running into clunkiness? We're refining Jane every single day so I might be able to do something about that for you or we can troubleshoot the workflow with you! Thanks again for taking the time to leave this kind review. It's so appreciated. Alison - Co-Founder

Vanessa from Vanessa Nordin Chiropractic

Ease of use and customer service

I only work 1 day/week in my practice and they extend a discount to me for working so little. Love this! Thank you. Customer service is always amazing.

Pros

Really REALLY user friendly. Help pages are great as well. I rarely feel like I need to talk to someone from the company to solve an issue. They are constantly updating, upgrading and adding new features as well. When I do need to talk to customer service they are always quick to reply, extremely friendly, and are quick to get me an appropriate answer.

Cons

Sometimes the SOAP notes take me a bit of time to fill out. I know I need to sit down and fix them myself, but I don't always have the time to do it. I wish my billing codes and dx codes could be duplicated with duplicated notes - at least I have not figured out how to do this yet if it already is a feature.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

I don't need all of the functions of DrChrono and it's suuuuuper expensive. Even becoming a second user was crazy expensive. Jane is an amazing price.

Response from Jane Software

Replied December 2019

Hi Vanessa, Thanks so much for your review of Jane! Your title really makes me smile because you've identified the two things we really think are the most important! Ease of Use and Customer Service. We could write our entire company goals around just those two points. Well, actually, we do! I'm so pleased that you are enjoying Jane. We'd love to go over your SOAP note templates with you to make them better suited to your workflow. I know that set up can take time for sure, but it's definitely worth the investment. We are hosting a user conference next summer (Allied) and we're going to be offering "Jane Brain" one on one sessions through out the conference. If you want to hang out with someone from Jane IRL and go over your templates that would be a great time! Or, of course, we're always happy to connect over the phone and review your templates together in case we have some suggestions on formatting. Alison - Co-Founder

Shannon from FSP Family Wellness Center

Makes My Job Easy

The biggest benefits have been the online scheduling. But I also love the software also frees up my time with processing insurance claims.

Pros

I'm relatively new to Jane (8 months) but it makes my job managing our patients, payments and insurance very simplified. The best feature for me is the online scheduling. Frees me up to do so much more in the office.

Cons

The only cons are my own mistakes. I'm going to take more advantage of their training videos before experimenting.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

The switch was made before I started working here, but the price of the program and the online scheduling were the deciding factors.

Reasons for Switching to Jane

Response from Jane Software

Replied August 2019

Shannon! You're such a delight! Thanks for this lovely note and for taking some time out of your day to share your experience working with Jane. I'm so glad you're part of the Jane community. Office Managers - you're like gold to a practice! I really honour the work you do to keep things running smoothly. A good office manager can often go unnoticed - because things are just working well! So I notice you today. Well done. We're working on a more structured training program (currently internally dubbed as "JaneU") to help with ongoing learning, so I'm glad to hear it would likely be helpful for you. But really our goal is that Jane is so simple to use that there wouldn't be any mistakes along the way. Although coming from clinic life myself I know that it's a near impossible goal ;) Hope you had a lovely weekend and managed to enjoy some sunshine. :) Alison - Co-Founder

Jacqueline from Performax Health Group

Respect the Clinic Managers/Owners

Jane to me is first designed to please the charting therapists and administration second. The overall experience is good but is still very limited which is why its described as simple. More attention is needed in the accounting aspect of the program.

Pros

The program is nice looking and fairly simple.

Cons

Jane has taken away the ability for clinics to correct simple errors like a refund or a payment unapplied to an invoice in error. You have to email into the support workers who can not always figure out what is happening so you are having to explain how to proceed to ensure the correction is done right. The strange this is you can unapply a payment and refund on the same invoice over and over. So, since I was told this was taken away due to a large amount of errors that was happening why not start with fixing the ability to do the same thing over and over to the same invoice. Also, there should be different levels of control with corrections and deletions like other softwares.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

It was recommended by a Therapist Charting in another clinic.

Reasons for Switching to Jane

This was done by a previous worker and lack of experience in the last program was most likely the reason

Response from Jane Software

Replied July 2019

Hi Jacqueline, Thanks for the review and I'd really love to work with you on the flexibility you need for accounting mistakes. As a clinic owner myself, I have experienced the end of day run around trying to figure out what was mis-recorded and can understand that flexibility is so necessary. I'll pull up your support emails to see where you're struggling, but if you're the manager/owner you shouldn't have restrictions on applying or unapplying payments. And while we do give warnings (since book keepers don't love it) you can back date your changes if needed. Creating refunds by mistake is something I'd like to fix from the outset. I'd love to know why it's happening so often that it's a problem for your practice. Perhaps there's something there that we can fix from our side. I'll send you an email to see what we can do here! Otherwise we do have more granular permissions coming up, so you have more options for staff! Alison - Co-Founder

Elise from Synaptic

Great app! Great support team!

Only positive things to say about this app and the Jane Team.

Pros

easy to use, great integration with other software, the Jane Team is always looing to improve their product and make sure their clients are well taken care of.

Cons

I don't have any cons. The transition was easy and the Jane Team is always there to help.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

Jane met all our requirements, I had great recommendations from other clinics that use Jane.

Reasons for Switching to Jane

on-line access for clients and staff, future upgrades such as Telus Claims portal. Ability to charge clients directly from the app.

Response from Jane Software

Replied September 2020

Elise, Well, I'm not sure if you know that my favourite reviews come from Office Managers! Thanks for taking the time to share your story of running with Jane over the past few years. And...Did you know that the future is here! The Telus integration is just in Beta and once we work out the last few details the integration will be in wide release. Did you see our demo on the summer showcase? You can find the recording here https://vimeo.com/452703248 and the Telus demo is linked in the comments at 24:10. I'm so grateful for your kind words (and the stars ). Alison - Co-Founder

Bryan from Sullivan Chiropractic Health Services

Enthusiastic Convert

I have been very pleased. They have really "wow-ed" me with their exceptional customer service and continued upgrades to the software.

Pros

The features were what initially drew me to the software. I was looking at options that had patient notes and scheduling that were so much more expensive. Add in awesome features like online scheduling and it was a no brainer.

Cons

I would like a little more customization in the text and email alerts for upcoming visits. My clients love getting texts about their visits, but I would like to be able to make more custom messages such as procedure changes related to covid precautions, or specific needs for different types of visits.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

The amazing features of the software and the tremendous database of intakes, notes, exams, etc. from others in my specialty, along with the ability for complete customization in these forms.

Reasons for Switching to Jane

My old software company went out of business

Response from Jane Software

Replied October 2020

Hi Dr. Sullivan, I love this so much! Thanks for taking the time to leave a lovely review. I'm so glad to see you've been working with Jane for a number of years now and have benefitted from the expertise and work that other Chiros have generously shared through their chart template library. I also think that's a pretty wonderful part of being part of the Jane Community :) Text length limits are actually a technology limitation! But I definitely agree that more communication by text would be ideal all throughout Jane. We'll keep working on that. Have you seen the area of the treatment settings where you can add custom "booking information" unique to that treatment? If you go to settings -- treatment -- and edit you'll find an area called "Booking Information (after booking)" that will populate on your emails. Have a lovely afternoon Dr. Sullivan and again - appreciate the kind words. Alison - Co-Founder

Sharel from Nillerahs Hands on Health

Small business life saver!

Organized easy online booking for staff and clientele. The clients love the automatic sms or email reminders as much as the staff does as it reduces no shows keeping the bookings full with plenty of time to rebook. Billing is so easy now saving hours of administrative time!

Pros

Jane App has made my time booking, billing and charting immensely easier! I spend a fraction of the time I used to as Jane has so many features that do alot of the work for me!

Cons

It was a steep learning curve to get to know how to use Jane as it does have so many features. I made lots of mistakes at first but Jane Team is always there to help!

Reasons for Switching to Jane

I needed a computerized booking system and many of my colleagues were raving about it! Glad I made the switch!

Response from Jane Software

Replied October 2020

Hi Sharel, This review showed up today and was such a lovely treat. Thanks for sharing your experience with Jane - it's very much appreciated! And as a clinic owner myself, your title just made my day - "Small Business Life Saver!" As a clinic owner myself I can appreciate the never ending work that needs to be done outside of your clinical hours - so I'm so delighted that Jane might be playing some part in making that a load a little lighter for both you and your team. I hope you're enjoying a relaxing long (Canadian) Thanksgiving weekend Sharel! Ali - Co-Founder on behalf of Jane

Enrique from Samsara Wellness Studio

Best clinic management software and best customer support I've experienced

Amazing support team. Quick accurate and very helpful Very useful and versatile software that goes beyond other similar software

Pros

Versatility and ability to manage a variety of tasks need in a clinic environment

Cons

The interface takes time to get used to lacks intuitive flow

Reasons for Choosing Jane

Jane offers a complete solution while most other companies were lacking essential features

Reasons for Switching to Jane

Jane is a far superior product

Response from Jane Software

Replied February 2020

Hi Enrique, So great to hear from you and thanks for the review! I love that you're enjoying Jane's features and especially that you've been getting to know Jane's team over the years when you need some support. I also really appreciate the honest thoughts on Jane's workflows - I pulled up your support emails to see if I could figure out where you're experiencing clunkiness, but because you've been a member of the Jane Community for so long there's a lot of emails to scan through :) In any case - we appreciate hearing how Jane could be better so we'd love if you continue to provide our team with feedback when you run into areas of improvement. Thanks so much for being a part of Jane's story! We're proud to be part of your team. Alison - Co-Founder

Sara from BC Borstal Association

Wonderful Organisation and Product

From the start the JaneApp team took care of our small company. They were available to walk us through the set up from start to finish, and have been available on an ongoing basis whenever questions came up. This wasn't often though, as the software is so user friendly and accessible. Our clients love it - they appreciate the reminders and being able to book online. This has also reduced the number of no-shows or late cancellations we receive. We use far less paper now as all the forms can be created and stored confidentially on the platform. They are constantly developing and making worthwhile improvements to the software. Jane has been a huge time-saver. It's great.

Pros

- Incredibly user friendly - Secure and great confidentiality features - Can do everything in one place (booking, case notes, forms, etc) - Sends out automatic reminders - reduces number of no shows and late cancellations - Client-friendly online booking platform - the attentive, approachable and accessible team behind it

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about it.

Reasons for Choosing Jane

Jane offered us the best deal and the best product.

Reasons for Switching to Jane

All we could do with google was book appointments - no reminders, no online booking, no case notes or forms. We had to do everything else manually or on paper and this took a lot of time.

Response from Jane Software

Replied September 2019

Sara! You are so kind. Thanks for the wonderful review and we're so glad that Jane has been helpful to your practice. I love this part: "From the start the JaneApp team took care of our small company." That is a huge win to me, since we really hope to be a support system to our Jane Community. Thanks for sharing and an extra tip for your paperless office: If you do have paper forms that you still use in your practice, you can laminate them on hard card stock and then have people fill them out in erasable marker. Then scan them (or take a photo of them) and load them into Jane as an image. Then erase the form and you can use it again - no more shredding! Have a great week Sara. Alison - Co-Founder

Ariel from Ariel Blau Psychotherapy

Work without encumbrances

My overal experience with Jane has been outstanding. It is highly customizeable, while at the same time completely in sync with the way we do things in my field. No unnecessary anything, without anything missing. It is extremely well thought through, is easy to use, and I got it running in two hours!!!!!!!!!!

Pros

Jane does what you need in the most intuitive and straightforward manner. It has every thing you need and not one thing extra. Paths to forms, administrative tasks and everything else are clear, help is always excellent, and often I find myself admiring the designers and programmers for their common sense.

Cons

Nothing! I am smitten with Jane. It is wonderfully designed.

Reasons for Switching to Jane

The otehr product was impossible to use. It had outdated software structure and was way too complicated for a one-person clinic. It looked as if they never analyzed the work flow. Jane know the workflow and removes all obstacles. I am in love with Jane!!!!

Response from Jane Software

Replied July 2020

Oh my thanks for this review! I'm so glad you're finding Jane to be a great helper to your practice. I'm going to pass along your lovely compliments to both the product and support teams. They will be so thrilled And I'm very proud of you for being up and running in just a couple of hours - well done! Jane does need a little bit of training on the way your practice runs at the start, so I'm glad you have everything set up in a way that suits you and your clients. I'm especially fond of your use of the verb "smitten." That is a first in a Jane review and I'm not going to commit to using it in a review for someone else online as a pay-it-forward gesture. I'm so glad you're part of the Jane Community Ariel. Let us know if there's anything more we can do to help! Alison - Co-Founder on behalf of Jane

Candace from The Needle and Leaf