All Jane Reviews

Laura

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed June 2023

Great for many just not for us

Steve

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Jane in the most clinician friendly patient charting app

Jane has streamlined our patient note-taking tasks, as well as making our patient appointment booking system more integrated.From the very beginning, when I made first contact with Jane staff I felt that the whole team at Jane cared passionately about what they do.It is not often that you come across a company who don't just say they care about their Clients, but live & breathe their proclaimed ethos. I get the very strong impression that caring about people is who they are.From our experience, at Cornwall Podiatry, we feel the Jane Team care about us. And that care enables us to pass forward that caring attitude in our own professional interactions with our patients.Thank you.

PROS

We love the customisability of the Jane system. It is by far the most intuitive & feature-rich digital Clinical note taking up we've used. And we've trialed about ten different ones before deciding to move to Jane.It is also the easiest to use when running a busy clinic session. The templates can be custom designed for your own style of note taking, & can be customised on the fly with other templates as you need them.Each clinician can write their own treatment plans as Jane phrases which can be called up quickly with a forward slash & a 3-4 letter code. These phrases mean whole paragraphs of treatment which are regularly used can be inserted into the notes very quickly then edited for the specific patient as necessary.When duplicating a patient daily treatment chart the diagrams/body Charts etc are all duplicated ready to be edited to match that days treatment. Again making recording the patient treatment notes much more quickly than writing it all from scratch each time.Our administrative Staff loved the fact that patient Intake forms & contact data populated all the necessary fields instead of being manually transferred previously.Also the admin staff love the way Jane sends out reminders on Texts & Emails a few days prior to the patient's appointments.

CONS

One feature which is missing is a seach facility within reports. Plus I'd really love more colours to work with on the body Charts & sketching.

Reason for choosing Jane

Ease of use, speed of use, features as described above. As well as the overwhelming feeling that the team at Jane are passionate about what they do & care about the end user.Also that it could be used on any platform, including desktop computers, tablet computers, Chromebooks, & mobile phones.

Reasons for switching to Jane

We felt that Cliniko slowed us down, & actually made our administrative tasks & clinical note-taking more burdensome.

Hi, Steve. Oh my gosh, this was such a wonderful review to read, thank you for the kind words. I immediately had to share it with our UK team and it really meant so much to them as they’ve truly enjoyed working with you. Jane seems to be meeting your needs quite well which we’re always pleased to hear, but it’s that feedback is even more golden to us, so please keep it coming. Helping helpers like yourself is our passion, so if there’s anything we can support with or lend an ear for, our inbox is always open. Cheers. -Caitlin on behalf of the Jane Team

Replied November 2023

Sierra

Hospital & Health Care, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2023

The only software I'd consider

Can't imagine using anyone else for right now.

PROS

Jane's competitors don't seem to hold a candle to Jane. Most of my peers prefer Jane even with its current drawbacks. I appreciate the low fees and high frequency of updates and improvements and great caring customer support.

CONS

I don't even use the charting system unfortunately. I wish it integrated with more things. I wish billing insurance was easier. I wish a lot of things haha

Reasons for switching to Jane

Jane was so much more user friendly and had better features. More modern and patient friendly.

Hi Sierra, Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I am thrilled to hear you feel cared for by our support team and that the frequent updates are helpful! We are always interested in learning about our customer's needs to ensure the updates and improvements made are genuinely helpful That said, I would love to learn more about areas you feel are drawbacks or why you aren't currently utilizing the charting features. You can voice your needs for new features or improvements to existing features on the Feature Request board (if you haven't already), which I will link below! Insurance Billing is never a fun task, but I am happy to share that we are wrapping up the beta testing for Integrated Insurance Billing features! This will definitely make Insurance Billing a little easier (dare I say fun?). Stay tuned for that announcement. Thank you for choosing Jane, we are so thrilled to have you. -Kim on Behalf of Jane https://janeapp.canny.io/

Replied June 2023

Elysia

Reviewed March 2023

Jane Helped Defraud my Private Practice

I guess it is disappointing that a client was able to defraud my new therapy business using Jane. And even more disappointing when you look at how this fraud went:1.The client ran a credit card scam stating that the purchased services from companies they went to were fraudulent and got money back for services they used.2.The company (mine and others) had to prove the charges were legitimate.3.Trusting Jane I followed their instructions and provided Jane, with the client session notes, and invoices to show legitimacy as Jane advised in previous emails, “When this happens with Jane Payments, Jane acts as a "middle-man" between your business and the disputing cardholder's bank; we stand in your corner and do our best to help you build a strong dispute response.” And as noted “the patient's bank is the decider when it comes to the outcome - Jane does not have the ability to have involvement PAST UPLOADING the evidence you provide” 4.So there I was with my trust in Jane to upload the clear evidence that I had the sessions, did the work, and deserved to be paid. 5.Then the client targeted me again through the Better Business Bureau, to reattempt to get money from my business through harrassements and false claims. BBB saw the evidence and threw out as false.6.Throughout Jane's process I was never given a way to interact with the cardholders bank and plead my case. I was given false support as Jane is the “middle-man” that I trusted... here we are with a loss of $880.00

PROS

When I started out as student counsellor I worked in offices that used Jane, it was nice looking. So right away I trusted Jane when I was ready to open a Private Practice, I recommended them to others as the emails were kind, help, and always sounded like they had your back. Getting the hang of it was like any other software it wasn't hard had very few hiccups.

CONS

After using it for a year I learned that the kind supportive facade was just a front. It claims to be "hassle free" and have "simple billing" yet setting up direct insurance billing wasn't hassle free as it was hard. Yet I trusted that payments were at least secure for myself and my clients. And they were fine until there was a problem with a credit card company. After a year of finally getting the practice full and getting the hang of running a private practice. One of my past client's ran a credit card fraud scam, and Jane helped then hassle free. I was out $880.00 by the end of it. And that only stopped because I cut Jane's access to my account. They refunded the credit card scam after having redacted notes and bills of all the sessions, and then charged me to do it. So I ask you after that would you stay with Jane? No, Jane helped the client defraud me. My specific feedback would be to do a better job “supporting” the companies that trust you and pay you to handle their secure transactions by actually "having their back" with these fraudulent claims. I still have yet to see any proof that my information was even shown to the credit card company for all I know it went to some, really kind sounding Jane Support person's email and was never given to credit card company.

Reasons for switching to Jane

So I wouldn't be defrauded by Jane App. Basically I just needed the stress to end, the money to stop being taken out of my account from stripe before it could even get to me. To stop losing sleep over whether Jane would have actually uploaded my evidence or anxiety from going on and seeing they refunded the person more money and then more anxiety, seeing another extra charge for each of the refunded sessions.

Ali here, co-founder and Co-CEO of Jane. Capterra limits response length, so unfortunately this will be a shorter response, but I added more detail on your FB and Google reviews. Infuriatingly, this return would have happened in the same way regardless of what processor you were using. Industry average shows that merchants win less than 20% of disputes - while the guidance that Jane provides during the dispute process has helped Jane Payments customers with a 43% win rate. But I hear you that for you this is 100% loss. We fulfill our "help the helpers" mission by helping you navigate this process as a guide during this dispute process. Frustratingly, this process - even with guidance, is not always fair. Legitimate services should win the dispute but that is not always the case. Your anger over injustice is valid. This is one more challenge that small businesses face - helping small clinics succeed is deeply rooted as our mission. I really wish things had gone your way.

Replied March 2023

Beverly

Mental Health Care, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2023

Jane is fabulous!

PROS

Jane is my personal secretary, and frees me up to do my own work.

CONS

No cons. I don't even use all of the features of Jane, as there are so many more features available.

Reasons for switching to Jane

Jane was more user-friendly, and the support team is absolutely fantastic! So quick to respond, very helpful, and they ensure that they meet my individual needs.

What a great review to read, Beverly! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback in such a fun but kind way...it's an honor for Jane to take on such an important role in your clinic! We're lucky that you came over to Jane and I'm so pleased to hear that you've enjoyed not only your experience with Jane so far, but with our support team as well. I hope we can continue to help you grow and help you help your clients. :)

Replied February 2024

Vivien

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2023

JaneApp is super user friendly!

We set up our business just 10 months ago - Jane has been all I was expecting and so much more! No hidden glitchy issues, no delayed customer service, no surprise lack of functionality. It delivers and it does it really well. The reporting is fabulous. I love the interactive webinars they have with users to really pull through any new ideas or suggestions - I've never seen such great grass roots listening to users. I think the product and their approach to future development is exceptional.

PROS

The customer support is outstanding, the product is fabulously flexible to meet your needs, very intuitive. Great reporting!

CONS

None I can think of. Apparently this needs to be at least 40 characters long....

Reason for choosing Jane

Price - price is a flexi model based on overall hours not per practitioner - important when your staff is all P/T.Features - intake forms, integrated payment, cost includes SMS message reminders.

Vivian, this really warmed my heart, and I can't stop smiling! Thank you for those kind words, and for sharing your experience using Jane. I am so excited to read that you are enjoying the interactive webinars. Our Community team is driven to keep our customers connected in ways that help inspire further learning, but also provide scalable tactics you can utilize in your practice! If there are any areas you are interested in, the Jane Community is full of brilliant minds who are keen on sharing their experiences and learnings. If you are on Facebook, we would like to invite you to join our Community Group to engage in conversation and connection with fellow Jane users like yourself! You can join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/janerunscinics If you ever have any questions or any feedback you would like to provide, our team is waiting with open ears, and ready to help! -Kim on Behalf of Jane

Replied March 2023

Ashley

Reviewed September 2022

Jane makes our clinic run without us

Overall, I could not recommend Jane enough! My patients are even recommending it to other practitioners, clinics, spas and other businesses who could utilize this system because they love it so much. Jane is so user friendly from both a patient and practitioner perspective. If you've been thinking about it, just go with it!!!

PROS

As a smaller clinic with no front desk staff our clinic relies on Jane to be our secretary. Jane does an amazing job automating everything for us so we can keep our clinic functioning well. Jane allows me to do the important parts of my job while handling the smaller details like online booking, automated reminders, payments in one spot, customized chart templates save in our clinic profile, the best and most helpful customer service that is there for you so fast, and taking our feedback to make this system better and better.

CONS

I honestly cannot say anything I dislike about Jane because it is constantly evolving to make our clinic run smooth. The Jane team takes feedback and puts it into action. We truly love this system because it really does run the back end of our clinic without us. Jane is a bit pricier than other systems, but it's honestly not a downside because it's not outrageous. It doesn't make us question if Jane is worth it, it doesn't make us look for other systems instead, it doesn't make us look at our budget and try to make cuts because Jane is affordable when you consider what this system offers and what it allows me to do instead of doing all the work on the smaller not as important tasks. Jane really does make my life easier.

Reason for choosing Jane

More tools offered within Jane, pricing for the amount of tools offered when compared to others, ease of use, customer service, customization

Hi Ashley, What a lovely review. Thank you! I just had to share your comments with the entire team today :) I'm so thrilled to hear that Jane is helping you take care of things like online booking, automated reminders, payments, and charting so that you can focus on doing what you do best! When it comes to pricing, our model is our true cost for running Jane, so we don't artificially inflate our pricing to account for discounts. We want to make sure that our pricing is as competitive and fair as possible. If you ever have any more questions about that please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are so fortunate to have lovely people like you as part of the Jane community! Maddie On Behalf of Jane

Replied September 2022

Phillip

Hospital & Health Care, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2023

Excellent EHR and even better customer service.

Excellent experience. Without a flaw thus far. Better than the competition I left.

PROS

The customer support is fantastic. Questions are always answered within the time limit set and the answers are clear and thorough. I love how easy it is to use and the help manual is easy to navigate.

CONS

Jane has yet to make me think twice or have a moment where I was denied an action I wanted to do in the platform.

Reasons for switching to Jane

Chirotouch was always glitching or locking us out with some error. And their customer service was rude and never knew the problem unless they had a manager call me back

Hey Phillip, Thanks for taking the time to post your review! Hearing about your flawless experience and seeing those 5 stars is such a delight. This is definitely a review I will be sharing with the rest of the team. Making the decision to switch, and get started with software can feel like a big hurdle, but I am so glad to hear you are finding Jane easy use, and that our team has provided fantastic support! We are so glad you chose to join the Jane community :slightly_smiling_face: -Kim on Behalf of Jane

Replied May 2023

Reviewed January 2020

All-in-one practice management

Overall, change is always difficult. But, at least the Jane team makes it as stress-free as possible, and all of my expectations have been met.

PROS

Jane is constantly growing to add more features, and will continue to be something that helps to streamline daily practice and manage details over time.

CONS

Macros are one aspect that can be helpful with developing daily soap notes.

Reasons for switching to Jane

Value, practicality, modern design, and more...it's all-in-one with Jane, where CT charges separately for everything, on top of an already expensive base set up.

Hi there! I love your notes and thanks for the wonderful feedback. Very pleased to let you know that macros are in the works! Nobody likes documentation, so we're going to keep adding tools to Jane to help make that quicker while allowing you to record complete and professional notes. I don't have a name here on this review, and I want to make sure you get looped in with the macro features as they become available, so if you get this and want to send us a note to support@janeapp.com to let us know you're waiting on them, we can make sure we reach out when we have something to show you. We always need beta testers for our new features, so if we know you're interested we can give you early access :) Happy Monday! Alison - Co-Founder

Replied February 2020

Lincoln

Medical Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Jane Review

Overall, the experience has been nothing short of outstanding. All of the practice needs are seamlessly integrated and the product have been a huge timesaver. Jane is leading the way in making practice management streamlined and user friendly.

PROS

Jane is easy to use, and there is a wealth of tutorials to help you learn the ins and outs of the system. For the most part, billing is a breeze and we can easily access patient files. The teleconferencing system makes interfacing with patients vert convenient. We are still learning all of the capabilities of the very versatile system. This is perfect for our small practice, but would also work for a larger one. The support team is outstanding and is always very positive, upbeat and ready to help. They are also very patient in helping clients learn the system and provide answers very quickly

CONS

The only thing I would change is to make it easier to send an invoice. It took a while to find the button to send invoices. It would help if that had a more prominent place. We are still working on creating the partient intake forms.

Jordie

Mental Health Care, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2023

A must for private practice owners

It has been amazing! I am so happy that I chose Jane..

PROS

The major plus of using Jane is the customer support. They are extremely helpful and reply to you so quickly when you need support. Although it took a bit of time for me to get used to the software, the tutorials along the way have helped immensely. You can basically google any question and Jane has a response to help you!

CONS

Being able to send questionnaire and surveys to clients as I need as opposed to every session.

Reason for choosing Jane

I have used Jane with my own therapist and really liked it!

Jordie, the title of your review is simply amazing and made my day! Our goal at Jane is to make your workload lighter, so you have more time to focus on what you do best. I am thrilled to hear Jane has been a helpful tool in running your practice and you have found our Support team a major plus :) The sentiment you shared regarding sending Questionnaires and Surveys when needed rather than every session is a common request among our community. We do have a public feedback board where you can share feature requests and suggestions, and I'd love to encourage you to share your feedback about Surveys and questionnaires https://janeapp.canny.io/admin/feedback/feature-requests/p/manually-send-clinical-surveyscovid-19?boards=feature-requests&search=manually%2520send%2520survey as our team does review them regularly! We value each and every voice, so please don't hesitate to voice your needs! We are equally as happy to have you be a member of the Jane community! -Kim on Behalf of Jane

Replied February 2023

Medical Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Med Spa RN

I'm in the middle of setting it up but so far the communications been great. I have a meeting Monday for them one-on-one to walk me through set up which is great

PROS

so far the support has been great and they are great with communication

CONS

nothing yet. hopefully I won't have anything

Reason for choosing Jane

I've heard from other providers that it's very useful for med spas

Jennifer, thank you for such a *glowing* review - medical aesthetics is a specialty that’s relatively newer to Jane in recent years, but we’ve loved getting to know what it is that keeps your clinics running and growing, and getting to be a part of it! I hope your Account Setup Consultation with our Support team went well and that you’re already feeling more comfortable in Jane. We’re so glad you chose Jane and we’re lucky to have you in our community. Please continue to reach out to our team if you have any questions, thoughts, or even feedback - we love to hear from you! :) -Caitlin on behalf of the Jane team

Replied February 2024

Shannon

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Makes My Job Easy

The biggest benefits have been the online scheduling. But I also love the software also frees up my time with processing insurance claims.

PROS

I'm relatively new to Jane (8 months) but it makes my job managing our patients, payments and insurance very simplified. The best feature for me is the online scheduling. Frees me up to do so much more in the office.

CONS

The only cons are my own mistakes. I'm going to take more advantage of their training videos before experimenting.

Reason for choosing Jane

The switch was made before I started working here, but the price of the program and the online scheduling were the deciding factors.

Reasons for switching to Jane

Shannon! You're such a delight! Thanks for this lovely note and for taking some time out of your day to share your experience working with Jane. I'm so glad you're part of the Jane community. Office Managers - you're like gold to a practice! I really honour the work you do to keep things running smoothly. A good office manager can often go unnoticed - because things are just working well! So I notice you today. Well done. We're working on a more structured training program (currently internally dubbed as "JaneU") to help with ongoing learning, so I'm glad to hear it would likely be helpful for you. But really our goal is that Jane is so simple to use that there wouldn't be any mistakes along the way. Although coming from clinic life myself I know that it's a near impossible goal ;) Hope you had a lovely weekend and managed to enjoy some sunshine. :) Alison - Co-Founder

Replied August 2019

Terri

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Wonderful software, wonderful team!

Jane App has been a wonderful addition to our office and makes managing patient files a dream. The Jane team is always there to help if needed and are ever changing to grow with the new world.

PROS

East of use, always improving to make it work even better than it already does, its nice to look at.

CONS

The ability to limit what patients can see on he their profile.

Better customization, better flow

Reasons for switching to Jane

Jane was more user friendly and Skedule X did not provide enough ease of use and the ability for our office to change things as we needed them to. Very limited to customize the program for what we needed. Jane allows a lot of customization and for administrators to make those changes themselves.

Hi Terri, Thanks so much for all the stars! This is such a pleasure to read this morning. I love that you're enjoying working with Jane in your practice and that you're taking the time to "train Jane" in all the ways that work best for you through customization. So glad you're part of the Jane Community Terri! I especially love it when Jane gets along well with Admin Managers and Team - practices are a busy place and I'm always thrilled when Jane can help with the day-to-day. Have a wonderful weekend Terri! Alison - Co-Founder

Replied July 2020

Robyn

Reviewed July 2020

Highly recommend Jane App for health care setting

Love it and feel it is great value for what I'm receiving.

PROS

I have been using Jane actively for a few months and am appreciating it more and more on a daily basis! I've noticed an increase in new patient bookings as, apparently, people like the freedom to book online rather than playing phone or email tag with me. Many, many of my return patients comment how much they love Jane and how easy it is to use. In the past few weeks I've started online charting as well as the booking and this too is going well. I'm thrilled to finally be done with paper patient files (that I need to store for 10yrs once inactive!). This is much more efficient. Customer support is also excellent and response time is great!

CONS

Not really a con, but because Jane offers so much, there is a bit of a learning curve, at least for me. However, I'm not a tech-sort and had only done paper booking prior to Jane. Thankfully, they were able to walk me through any difficulties I was having with set up etc.

Reason for choosing Jane

Jane offers both online booking and patient charting. Also saw that many other practitioners similar to me are using Jane which helped me to feel like Jane was the right choice.

Hi Robyn, Thanks for taking the time to submit this review and welcome to the Jane Community! I love that you're finding success with the online booking through Jane - my practice is seeing 60% of our appointments booked online so I agree that it's a feature that is appreciated by patients. When I first opened my practice that number was closer to 25%, so it's interesting to see the change in patient behaviour over time. And congratulations on making the move to electronic charting! Leaving paper behind can feel like a big change, and I hope you're taking advantage of things like the template library and our new phrases feature, which can help speed things up. So excited to be working together and as always, let us know if our team can help in any way. We are so proud to be here to support you and your practice. Talk soon, Alison -Co-Founder

Replied August 2020

Ana

Reviewed September 2020

Go Jane!

Great! Friendly, fun, knowledgable company to work with. This is the first software we've used (gone through 3 over the past 12 years) that I've called FUN! Keep up the good work Jane!

PROS

Easy to use & customizable, compliant. Jane Team really listens to what their customers are asking for, so if it's something you really want that's not there yet, I'm guessing it will be in the near future!

CONS

Billing insurance & reconciling EOBs was my big dislike, but I think the new update is going to be fixing that:-)

Reason for choosing Jane

We really were not looking for another software at the time. But we both got irritated when every new improvement that came with our old software was cost prohibitive for a small clinic like ours. I'm not even sure how we happened upon Jane, the chiro may have seen it at a meeting? Anyway, we happened to check it out and are keeping our fingers crossed it continues as it started for us, as so far we are very impressed with the technical aspects as well as the company culture!

Reasons for switching to Jane

Jane appeared to be a much better value, when we demo'd it looked as though they would provide everything we needed without the nickle and diming we've experienced in the past.

Hi Ana, New update tomorrow and I hope it's exactly what you're looking for to help with reconciling EOBs and insurance billing! Send us a note by the end of the week to let us know what about the update is working and if there's still room for improvement. I'm excited to hear your thoughts! And I'm so thrilled to hear that you're finding running with Jane fun! I love that! We'll keep working to find more moments of delight to add to Jane. And we do have a few new features that we're working on which will be optional and for a price - but if you ever feel like Jane is "nickel and diming" you please send me a note. We're walking a line of keeping Jane simple for those who run a more basic practice, and powerful for those who would like more advanced features - all while maintaining an affordable base price. It's something I think about all the time so keep me in the loop about how fair that feels as we grow together. With gratitude, Alison - Co-Founder

Replied September 2020

Margaret

Reviewed November 2020

Awesome Software

This has been such a positive experience with Jane App and the people who work for Jane. They are very smart and their only concern seems to be that the Customer has a great experience.

PROS

This software is so intuitive and easy to learn and use. The creators are always making awesome improvements. The support team is very knowledgeable and always know the answers to the questions I'm asking. When calling in to the support team, they always get back to me within a couple of hours, usually sooner.

CONS

There have been no cons with this software. These people work so hard to make sure that you have a good experience with the software.

Reason for choosing Jane

The price of Jane App is so reasonable, no hidden costs. The price was a big factor for us.

Reasons for switching to Jane

We were very frustrated with ChiroTouch. When I called the support team it seemed like I knew more about their software than they did, and that was little. It usually took 1/2 hour to try and explain what my question was and then I never really got help. I just limped along in using this software.

Hi Margaret, It's so nice to hear from you again! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us (and other Capterra viewers!). As you know, I really love it when we get reviews from admin staff, because I know that you spend all day every day working with Jane. And it's just as much a pleasure for us to get to work with you, so thanks for being such a wonderful part of the Jane Community. Your feedback and help is a big part of Jane learning to be a great helper to your practice. You are a real delight Margaret :) I hope you have a wonderful holiday season (although it's going to be a bit of a different style this year) and I'm just so glad you're part of Jane's story. Ali

Replied December 2020