All Jotform Reviews

Used unspecified

Customizable Cost-Effective Forms!

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Multi Functional Cross Organizational Wonder Tool

Jotform does so much for my organizations workflow on a daily basis. From student reports to purchasing and employee time tracking to b2b operations, Jotforms does it all!

PROS

The ability to customize and collect data, esign features, and all the many integrations.

CONS

There are lots of integrations but I haven't see the ability to upload pictures straight to google drive accounts.

Hi Chris, Thanks for sharing your positive feedback on our platform. It is possible to send the uploaded files into your Google Drive. You can check out this guide on how to integrate your form with Google Drive: https://www.jotform.com/help/192-how-to-integrate-a-form-with-google-drive/. If you have any questions, reach out to us through our Support Contact Form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We’ll be happy to help.

Willissa

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Level Up Tax & Financial Service Experience

PROS

What I like about JotForm is that everything I needed was right there and it was very direct and not difficult at all. I did everything so quick and I am not an expert in any digital mor marketing.

CONS

Honestly the only thing I didn't like about JotForm was that it only allowed me 10 people to fill out my forms however I learned about leaving a review to get free ones and other ways you could get more which is awesome.

Hi Willissa, Thanks for sharing your excellent experience using our platform We are glad that all your needs are met using our platform. If you have any questions, reach out to us through our Support Contact Form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We’ll be happy to help.

Replied January 2024

Use fillout.com instead

Our overall experience with Jotform was abysmal. The one time we really needed the product to work, it didn't. Subsequently, Jotform support admitted there was a problem, but refused to refund us.

PROS

Jotform has a rich feature set but it is unintuitive and not worth the hassle to implement complex workflows

CONS

the customer service isn't even average compared to alternatives like fillout.com the tech is hard to use - building complex forms is not simple the tech is unreliable Jotform customer service do not take responsibility for failings PDFs seem to be a problem for Jotform

Reason for choosing Jotform

at the time it seemed to meet our e-sign requirements in a way other products did not.

Hi,  Thanks for the review. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. Your feedback helps us do better. We want to look into this issue further and hope to resolve it promptly and accurately. Can you contact us through our Support Contact Form at https://www.jotform.com/contact? We’ll be happy to help.

Jake

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

What An Upgrade From Google Forms

PROS

Incredibly easy to use and looks professional.

CONS

Resetting of monthly submission limits takes a little longer than I would like.

Reasons for switching to Jotform

To get that professional look instead of using the generic Google Forms.

Hi Jake, We are glad you had a great experience using our form builder to create forms. You can check your monthly limit reset in your account settings under usage https://support.jotform.com/myaccount/usage. If you have any questions, let us know through our Support Contact Form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We’ll be happy to help.

Replied February 2024

Civic & Social Organization, 1 employee

Securing documents with Jotform

PROS

I really enjoy the ability to create online forms, and have people sign it. It makes conducting business much easier.

CONS

It could be a bit more customer-friendly and easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Jotform

This seemed better than Docusign, and the functionality and ease of use seemed better.

Hi John, Thanks for the wonderful rating. We are happy to know that you enjoyed creating forms using our builder. We would like to know more about how you want our platform to be more customer-friendly. Your feedback would help us improve and ensure a better experience for you next time. You can reach out to us through our Support Contact Form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We’ll be happy to help.

Mix

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

The best Form Platform!

I've bee using Jotform for almost 10 years and never though about changing platform.

PROS

The simplicity of the tools, Very practical and always updating and innovating

CONS

Can't say that I dislike of anything, although, I don't use every tool

The simplicity of the tools, Very practical and always updating and innovating

Reasons for switching to Jotform

The previous was too limited. It did'n serve my propose

Hi Mix, Thanks for the excellent rating and for being a loyal Jotformer. Your loyalty over the past 10 years means a lot to us, and we're committed to continuing to meet your needs and expectations. If you have any questions, reach out to us through our Support Contact Form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We’ll be happy to help.

Replied May 2024

J

Education Management, 2-10 employees

User-Friendly Conference Registration Platform

PROS

I cannot emphasize enough how thrilled I am with JotForm! As an event organizer tasked with managing conference registrations, I was on the lookout for a user-friendly platform that would streamline the process without sacrificing functionality. JotForm not only met but exceeded all my expectations. First and foremost, the user interface is incredibly intuitive. From the moment I started using it, I found myself navigating effortlessly through the platform. Building a conference registration form was a breeze, thanks to its drag-and-drop interface and customizable templates. Within minutes, I had a professional-looking form tailored to our event's needs. One of the standout features for me was the ability to set limits for the number of participants per session. This was an absolute game-changer, as it allowed us to manage attendance effectively and ensure a smooth experience for both attendees and presenters. Plus, the real-time updates made it easy to monitor registration numbers and adjust accordingly. But it's not just the features that impressed me—it's the overall experience of using JotForm. The platform is so well-designed and thoughtfully crafted that it feels like it was made specifically for me. I wholeheartedly recommend JotForm to anyone in need of a reliable and user-friendly form-building solution. Whether you're organizing a conference, collecting customer feedback, or anything in between, JotForm has you covered. Thank you, JotForm, for making my job easier and my events more successful!

CONS

Although JotForm offers a free plan with basic features (which we're currently utilising), some advanced functionalities are only available with paid subscriptions, currently not within our budget. We'll be able to manage; however, as we don't need extensive form-building.

Hi J, Wow, we're absolutely thrilled to hear that you're loving Jotform for managing your conference registrations. It sounds like it's been a real game-changer for you, and we couldn't be happier to have exceeded your expectations. That's exactly the kind of experience we aim to provide for all our users. If you ever come across issues, feel free to reach out to us from the Contact Us page at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We'll be more than happy to help.

Amber

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Jotform is perfect for small businesses!

PROS

Convenience. Free trial is very robust and pricing is affordable if we need to upgrade.

CONS

So far, I don’t have any negatives! I understand branding for free trial

Reasons for switching to Jotform

It was too expensive for a very basic form. Jotform met our needs even at the free trial level and works great!

Hi Amber, Thanks for sharing your excellent review. We are glad that our platform fits your needs. If you have any questions, reach out to us through our Support Contact Form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We’ll be happy to help.

Richard

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Jotform Is Great

I have used it since its inception years ago. Whenever I need a new form that is where I go

PROS

So Easy To Use and you can start for free and continue until you need more features

CONS

I haven't found anything I didn't like or couldn't use

Reasons for switching to Jotform

Jotform is much more intuitive than Publisher and I didn't have to pay for upgrades

Hi Richard, Thanks for rating Jotform 5 stars. We appreciate your nice review and glad to know everything was seamless to you. If you have any questions, just let us know from the Contact Us page at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We'll be happy to help.

Beckie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Surveys made simplified

We use JotForm for program registration and event feedback. Many of our users aren't tech savy and they are able to easily navigate JotForm.

PROS

JotForm is not only simple to use, but simple to integrate with other products including our website and payment methods

CONS

Nothing - it has been a great experience

Reasons for switching to Jotform

We needed a more cost-effective solution

Hi Beckie, We are glad you had a great experience with our platform functionality and features. Thanks for the excellent rating. If you have any questions, reach out to us through our Support Contact Form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We’ll be happy to help.

Replied January 2024

Reviewed April 2024

Jotform best platform for creating forms

PROS

I been using Jotform for many years and love how easy it is to modify and create forms. I have tried other companies, and this one seems to be the best so far.

CONS

I don't have any complaints, as it's much easier than other companies to create and modify forms. However, pricing can be better.

Hi, Thanks for the excellent review of our platform. We are glad that you love how easy it is to create forms. If you have any questions, reach out to us through our Support Contact Form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We’ll be happy to help.

Matthew

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Jotform perfect for forms

Incredibly easy to set up and distribute forms to get information on our platforms. The operating system is very intuitive and has a very little learning curve.

PROS

It is easy to set up and integrate to our other platforms

CONS

Some features are behind the paywall. It's annoying at times because the feature would be useful, but not used regular enough to up the price.

Reason for choosing Jotform

I alternate between the two depending on the situation

Reasons for switching to Jotform

It was recommended by a friend in a similar company

Hi Matthew, Thanks for the excellent review. We are glad you are able to set up your form easily using our builder. Most of our features such as notification emails, integrations and widgets are also vailable on the Starter(free) plan. But, it would be  on a lower limits on forms, submissions, views, upload space and storage. If you have any questions, reach out to us through our Support Contact Form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We’ll be happy to help.

Replied May 2024

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Build Powerful Web Forms in a Snap

I needed to quickly build an embedded form for my website. I registered for an account and completed building the form minutes later. After a few minutes of learning which CSS classes were applied to each form element, the look and feel of the form only took a few more minutest and it was pulling data to the spreadsheet.

PROS

Ease of use and ability to customize a forms CSS to my university's branding standards. Forms are simple and intuitive to build with many options. From standard short and long fields to file upload capabilities, JotForm has many tools to get the job done. Branding was easy to customize by having direct access to the CSS through the form interface.

CONS

At the time of use, JotForm's pricing structure wasn't optimal for my organization. We had a few users who needed to create and manage forms but we couldn't find a level of access that gave us what we needed. Overall, the structure that we needed was affordable for single use, but not for multiple users.

Reason for choosing Jotform

The functionality of JotForm and Wufoo allow us to support embedded forms from both platforms, along with Google Forms.

Reasons for switching to Jotform

We use JotForm in conjunction with Google Forms. JotForm offers more robust customizable CSS functionality to match branding standards of an institution. The branding allows a more consistent look and feel to be applied rather than a set of predetermined templates in Google Forms that don't match brand standards as much.

Thanks for your awesome review. The ability to customize the form with CSS injection is indeed what most users like because you can do pretty much everything on the form design like matching your branding colors. Cheers!

Replied February 2021

Isaac

Program Development, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2021

An amazing multipurpose platform beyond just data collection

JotForm actually saved our project from collapsing. In the middle of a survey we had launched with a different platform, we were encountering severe technical issues that caused our data collection activities to completely stall. Migrating to Jotform not only solved all of those problems, but offered us features we didn't have with our previous service. Features that allowed us to cut down enumerator errors during survey administration, improve our agent remote monitoring protocols, and generally enrich the survey experience for our data analysts, survey respondents and field agents. It was absolutely amazing.

PROS

Well, first is the ease of use.With Jotform, survey creation to deployment in a matter of minutes isn't just a marketing gimmick...... we were actually able to do it. The quickly customizable templates and very user friendly feel makes it a joy to work with. Also, when we first signed on, we were migrating an active survey from a different service (which was giving us a lot of technical issues) and the customer service support we received was absolutely amazing.

CONS

Response data was being produced as links instead of the intended .pdf forms we had hoped.....when we first launched. And we struggled a bit to understand what was actually happening, but we later figured out the cause and solved it. That has been the only record of any issue we ever had with JotForm.

Reasons for switching to Jotform

We had a few technical issues on the survey we were running that were causing delays.

Thank you for sharing your great experience using JotForm. We are really happy to hear your overall satisfaction including your experience with our customer support team. Thank you and have a good one!

Replied August 2021

Elsa

Education Management, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2022

Jotform is a great form platform.

PROS

I like the different ways the a form in Jotform can be embedded on other sites. Different CMS have specific scripts and Jotform scripts for embedding forms make it easy to adjust as needed.

CONS

I would like the quiz feature to be a bit more prominent and useful. Additionally, I'd like to be able to use analytics to track features on the form.

Reason for choosing Jotform

I chose Jotform because the features and security were more advanced.

Hello Elsa, Thank you so much for your positive remarks. It's great to know that you found convenient ways to embed the form in your website. As of the moment, we do not have any other quiz feature except using our Quiz Form app. Guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/289-turn-your-form-into-a-quiz-or-exam/. If you're looking for form analytics, here's a guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/425-understanding-form-analytics-and-ways-on-how-to-get-your-users-info/. We also have Facebook Pixel Widget that you can add in your form to trace your form submissions: https://www.jotform.com/help/1072-how-to-track-form-submissions-with-facebook-pixel/ and also Google Analytics https://www.jotform.com/help/1076-how-to-track-online-form-submissions-using-google-analytics/. If you have more questions, please contact us using our Support Contact Form https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can help.

Replied May 2022

Rhonda

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Versatile forms

I am confident that the forms I create using JotForm are professional and functional. The surveys are what I use most often. I am not on site with employees to supervise on a regular basis, I send surveys to patients and their families to make sure that they are happy with the employee and that all required daily tasks are completed. I use JotForm to collect health data and if need be HIPAA compliant forms. I use a "2-in-1" laptop/tablet often, JotForm functions on that and my desktop computer. I get timely returns because of the mobile responsive forms. I would like JotForm more if the site was organized.

PROS

All forms are mobile responsive and a mobile app for Jotform can be downloaded on your phone. Forms can even be created on the mobile app. The desktop and mobile are similar. Choose from many themes and templates., choose from classic form and card form. Form fields are less restrictive. Manipulate forms by drag and drop. Widgets can be added to forms for e-signatures and check lists. Image slide is another choice. Forms can be automated and decrease workload. JotForm advises on how to get better response rates from your forms.

CONS

I spend a lot longer than I want using JotForm. It takes a long time to find the right template, the right theme, and personalize them. The freemium plan is restrictive. The customer support team did not answer my questions or solve my problem. I had to ask another JotForm user how to even reach them because JotForm is unorganized.

Reason for choosing Jotform

JotForms mobile app and mobile responsive forms

Reasons for switching to Jotform

Google forms did not have a wide variety of options and form fields were restrictive. Making a form HIPAA compliant required a lot of time and effort.

Hello Rhonda, Thank you for the wonderful comments. We are pleased to hear that our product benefited your company. You can go through our Form templates section here: https://www.jotform.com/form-templates/. Please note that our Freemium plan is to experience the features and services we offer in our form builder; hence we encourage users to upgrade their account if they want to have unlimited access to all the features. Jotform customer service is available 24/7 through our support system at https://www.jotform.com/answers/, with an average response time of less than 2 hours. If you have any suggestions, please contact us using the support contact form at https://www.jotform.com/contact.

Replied August 2022

Karma

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Powerful, professional tools for your small business, with no hit to your bottom line

Jotform helped bring my small business venture to life by providing inspiration and needed tools without a grand investment that I simply wan't ready to make. It has helped me learn new ways to add accessibility and interactivity to user interfaces across platforms by making these options easy to use and understand in their form editor.

PROS

Jotform has such an impressive array of elements to drag and drop into your form it is a near certainty that you will be inspired by it all. File uploaders, music streaming, video players, sketchpads, even interactive dice to roll, it's all there! Most of these options include a field for CCSS customization, as well, helping with brand fidelity or jsut making it yours. Beyond the aesthetics are plenty of security options such as email verification, phone number verification, ReCaptchas of all kinds (think visual, audio, and even drawing!), data capture, field masks, and more. Payment portals can be set up directly in the form and linked to their easily customized store inventory widget or to whatever dynamic data stream you create with their form calculation and dependent action tools. Small businesses can streamline this crucial piece of their online presence and do it with personality and professionalism, all with no out of pocket expense.

CONS

Data calculation and dependent actions are all possible in Jotform. However, the process is facilitated through the strategic placement and coding of form calculation fields that need to be hidden from user view and generally clutter the worksapce for editing. While there are many hints and reminders built into the steps to add these actions, I am fairly certain anyone that is not comfortable with setting up spreadsheet automations might feel overwhlemed or confused by the process. Since these are not needed by all users, it is certainly not a dealbreaker. Additionally, the majority of Jotform's "flashy" options are in the form of "widgets" that appear to be affiliate-created or sponsored for the most part, such as the Vimeo video player or Facebook Messenger button. Because of this, it is hot or miss what type of data you will render from them or how to do so. For widgets built simply for looks, like the graphic headers or page dividers, this is obviously not an issue. But for others you can end up with data that is nearly impossible to use dynamically. Take the "fancy range slider" for example. Users slide the ends to create a range within a set provided by the form creator. The data that this produces is read as the beginning number of the range and the ending number of the range strung together (ex: starting page=2, ending page=10, resulting data= 210), making it only of value by manual analysis.

Reasons for switching to Jotform

I was looking for something more aesthetic and customizable. Jotform is it!

Hello Karma, Thank you for the detailed review of our platform and recommendations. We are glad that you are able to check our available features and widgets. If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us through our support contact form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We will gladly assist you.

Replied November 2022