All Tebra Reviews

Not the Best for a Small Clinic

Sarah B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Helpful to streamline your practice

PROS

I like that Stripe is automatically connected to the biller to easily transfer payments from patient to practice. I like the automatic texting and emailing to patients to confirm appointments.

CONS

This software contains codes for all insurance billing purposes; however, if you are cash-based practice and entering in supplements to sell, the manual process by which this is done is clunky and inefficient.

Reasons for switching to Tebra

Wanted something with more features and better integrated.

Doris

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Doctor reviewing

PROS

I like the eforce, appt reminders, communication with patients and pt can email us through the portal. Love the broadcasting.

CONS

You can do better on the referral system. It needs to be improved stream line and intergrated. Also there are dx that I can't find and I have to google ICD10 because it doesn't come up.

Reasons for switching to Tebra

too expensive and having hard time getting reimbursed in a timely fashion.

Greg

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Different name, same terrible product

We have 245 customer support cases and that's just the times that we've gotten frustrated to the point that we are willing to call and deal with their terrible customer service. That is not normal. When you call customer service, very rarely can the person actually answer your question. They make a case and frequently close it out without fixing it or give you a really terrible workaround and call it good.

PROS

no contract interface is pretty that's it

CONS

It's hard to even list all of them. Scheduling software drops appointments regularly Customer service is incompetent Billing doesn't give good reports so you miss many claims thinking that they went through. System crashes regularly. They promise the world to you before you buy. I'm still waiting for things that were promised to be done within a couple of months of signing on. They promise that someone will call you back and they rarely do. It's near impossible to get a manager on the phone. They changed their name because they had such a bad reputation but it's the same terrible product. It sounds like I'm ranting and I am because I am so exhausted from dealing with them. I've just had it.

Reasons for switching to Tebra

So many reasons. It's hard to name all of them.

Stephen

The Perfect EHR/practice management solution for small/solo medical practices

Tebra (formely Kareo) have been very good at listening to the clients suggestions, critiques etc and quick to make the necessary changes, with frequent communications about product changes or improvements. This makes the user or client feel valued and respected, as we want to present the best to our patients. Great EHR integrated functions lead to improved patient and physician/provider relationship and overall medical practice health. Please, keep up the good work and continued improvements!

PROS

Affordable and easy to use EHR intergrated interface improves efficiency, makes practicing medicine easier, reduces time wasting leading to improved revenue. Easy patient portal set up and on-line scheduling helps bring more patients as well as easier feedback and retention. Intergrated telehealth gratly reduces the "no show" rates. Mobile app makes it easier to get work done anywhere, anytime. Efficient and easy billing system, easy to track payments, performance etc.

CONS

I have been using Tera for 3 and half years and still haven't found something I do not particularly like about Tebra!

Heather

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Excellent EMR for solo providers

In the beginning, I was not utilizing the EMR as much as I thought I would. After a few months, I needed to increase my usage and had questions on how to proceed. I felt the onboarding help at that time was lacking and I had to do a lot of research on my end to get things the way I wanted. I would have appreciated more help with onboarding down the road.

PROS

The program is very user friendly and affordable. I researched multiple EMR's before deciding on Tebra. I have not been disappointed.

CONS

The change of the format and colors from Kareo to Tebra was a little hard to get used to. I am a visual person and I relied on the colors when navigating through the system. It took some getting used to with the minimal use of colors in the system. I will say the streamline coloring does seem more professional looking.

kendra

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Fantastic Software

PROS

As a Practice Owner and Therapist, I've found Tebra Medical Software to be incredibly user-friendly and efficient. It streamlines everything from documentation to billing seamlessly, allowing me to focus more on patient care and less on administrative tasks. I highly recommend Tebra to fellow practitioners looking for a comprehensive software solution. Also, very affordable!

CONS

I am completely satisfied with Tebra Medical Software. It's fantastic when a tool exceeds expectations and leaves no room for complaints. Here's to continued success and seamless operations with Tebra.

Kim

Mental Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Worst Customer Service

Even our billing service had excessive response time from customer service. The calendar has limited ease of use. Putting in charges and EHR work fine.

PROS

Onboarding was spot on and customer service was responsive initially. Integration with current processes was fairly seamless.

CONS

Once we completed onboarding, customer service took weeks to respond with answers leaving us in limbo without answers for weeks. The calendar is easy to put in a client appointment; however, it is a cumbersome process to schedule a meeting or time off event. There are 7 clicks to schedule a meeting or time off event. The only thing you can schedule by clicking on a time slot on the calendar is a patient appt. Also there is no waiting list to fill in canceled appts so we had to use a paper list to keep track of patients waiting for a cancellation.

TANIA

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Amazing Service!

PROS

Easy and friendly to use. Excellent price for what you get.

CONS

Enrollment for ERA takes forever and enrollment customer service is through email which makes communication difficult.

Anthony

Reviewed October 2023

PatientPop's quality has decreased becoming Tebra

Initially it was excellent. With the change to Tebra, I have new charges popping up on my account for Blog revisions that were written incorrectly to begin with. Also, the customer care has dropped off now that they have farmed it out to Costa Rica.

PROS

The quality was great until about a year ago when it became Tebra. Now it is farmed out to Costa Rica and you can't get any changes for a week or more to the site.

CONS

Initially the website and customer service was great. When it merged with Kareo and became Tebra, the customer service dropped off. the IT support is now in Costa Rica and is taking a week to get a response and support. I called them today, and the operator was saying that they are 8-9 days behind responding to the requests in the system.

Reasons for switching to Tebra

PatientPop made more sense at the time. It was awesome 3 years ago, but their service has dropped off.

Lenny

Quick & Easy

Overall, it’s been great! I work off tebra daily in my practice. It’s helpful to my staff and providers.

PROS

What I love most about tebra is that it’s always quick and easy to look up a patient. See the new referrals in your que and work them. Also, having all do mental for the provider such as imaging notes and referrals.

CONS

Not everyone is online all the time. When you try to send a message to different coordinators. Either they don’t receive the message or don’t respond.

Arianna

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

TEBRA Review

Overall positive use, there could be many changes to the system

PROS

Love the ease of the system Enjoy the process of documentation on an EHR Enjoy the schedule being neat

CONS

Do not like that it does not have spell-check Lots of technical errors Time out concerns Processing documentation concerns

Bonnie

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Worst company I have ever worked with in my entire career

PROS

nothing

CONS

The worst company I have worked with to date. I am a tebra customer. Our clinics switched to Tebra, 11/23. Tebra has still not transferred our data properly. [sensitive content hidden] will not respond to me. I cannot get an answer from anyone with a solution.

good sales pitch

quanum discontinued

Jacob

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Kareo Billing Software

Overall we've been pretty happy with Kareo. There are a few features we miss from our old software but some of the features we gained by switching to Kareo mostly make up for the difference.

PROS

The main reason we were drawn to Kareo was it's API. It helped that it is cloud based and user friendly but our focus was on the ability to get the data out for use in reporting and our proprietary software and we were able to do that with Kareo.

CONS

The canned reporting is okay but most of the reports export to excel in an unusable format (or at least a difficult to use format with filler cells and merged cells).

Reason for choosing Tebra

Mainly for the API and familiarity as a few key members of our staff had used it in the past.

Reasons for switching to Tebra

We wanted to move to a cloud based software with an open API.

Shirley

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Easy to learn and use

When we first went to Kareo, we were coming off a system that had brought us to our knees: nothing worked right, clients were frustrated and we had no faith in things reported in the system. Kareo changed all of that for us--we were able to have reports we could trust, true transparency for the clients, and so many functions we were able to do more efficiently.

PROS

We love that the software is intuitive, and we can teach a clinic how to use it (on a basic level) in about an hour. The reports are accurate and easy to use. We can set up favorite reports, and generally get help whenever we're "stuck"

CONS

Enrollments--getting providers enrolled properly and getting assistance with those enrollments. Also, we really dislike that they offshore their help desk. It's challenging to get someone who can help us when we get an offshore rep. We also wish there was a better defined collections procedure/status in the system which would help us better monitor what's gone to collection. We cannot bill UB04 charges for facilities out of Kareo.

Reason for choosing Tebra

Pricing and system flexibility. We ultimately ended up with both to be able to accommodate the UB04 billing we need to do for some clients.

Reasons for switching to Tebra

It was a horrible platform for us. Reports were inaccurate, and the system was hard to use. We couldn't file corrected claims, couldn't see the path of a claim, etc.

Debbie

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Kareo Review

The support team is usually very helpful. We appreciate the ease of use of the clinical and billing (besides the issues with the medication portal). The only issue we have now Kareo and our other EMR system was having issues working together and getting a issue we were having resolved (its been 2 months). I had to get involved and now it seems as though both parties are working together to resolve our issue we is much appreciated.

PROS

Scheduling, Billing and ease of use with the EMR system (except for one issue).

CONS

Med Portal. Kareo uses a 3rd party at that controls how providers are allowed to send medications. We are a Pain Management Practice and at times need to be able to send pain medications outside the parameters that the Kareo 3rd party sets (1 pain med per 24 hours) this caused us set backs during clinic and we had to change to a different EMR system. We did not want to change but were forced to due to the parameters set by this 3rd party controlling the Medication Portal.

Reason for choosing Tebra

Our billing company uses Kareo Billing and they suggested it. We would have only stayed with Kareo if it didn't have the restrictions with prescribing pain medication as we were impressed with the ease of use and having all in one system (Scheduling, EMR and Billing) was very helpful.

Lou Ann

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Kareo has only improved with time!

I utilized this system when I was billing for my physician clients several years ago. Recently recommended Kareo to fill an interim need where I currently work. Very different situations and practice types but Kareo product still works -- has only gotten better and the customer service from the start has been great.

PROS

The implementation and initial training were very easy. I appreciated having an assigned trainer to help me throughout the process. Kareo has allowed us to start billing for our physicians during an interim period and immediately generate revenue that most people thought was months away!

CONS

The primary improvement I would like to see is better functionality when entering multiple days/units of the same CPT code. I am currently billing for providers who see patients daily in an inpatient setting. I would like to bill more than one day at at time per charge entry line. For example, provider sees a patient from June 1 thru June June 5 -- same level of encounter, I would like to enter CPT 99232 X 5 units w/ the date range for these 5 consecutive days. I inquired about this and was told that I must enter only day per line. Just a thought!

Reason for choosing Tebra

I was familiar with Kareo already and liked the option of being able to subscribe month to month for our current group. Also liked the training options and having an assigned coach during the set up.

Kalliste