• Pros

• "It is very user friendly and the support is great!"

• "I love this software. Very easy to learn and the training videos help alot as well. I would highly recommend it to other businesses. "

• "Very user friendly. I love the fact I can change the settings when ever necessary."

• Cons

• "a bit pricey but if I made more money I would not find fault...they deserve to charge what they do!"

• "The canned reporting is okay but most of the reports export to excel in an unusable format (or at least a difficult to use format with filler cells and merged cells)."

• "We have had some issues with the help feature after new updates but, for the most part that gets taken care of in a timely manner."

Browse Kareo Billing Reviews

Teegan from North Florida Naturopathic

Great EHR with room for improvement for natural healthcare providers

Using Kareo has been a overall great experience. It does almost everything we want it to do well, and the few things it needs to improve it at least allows you to do partially.

Pros

I love the layout of Kareo. The dashboard is great and offers a lot of functionality while still looking clean and professional. The clinical portion is great as it shows all the sections of the note on one page. The ability to add and remove sections is also very useful. The interaction checker is nice, but needs improvement. The iPad app is really slick and I preferring using it when adjusting my patients (Chiropractor), as it allows me to quickly tap on each segment I'm adjusting from a list.

Cons

There is very little support for natural products/supplements in Kareo. You CAN make it work, but it's definitely not easy - requiring manually entering every single product you wish to recommend in the "Drug Favorites" section.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

The best combination of price and features we could find!

Tracy from Professional Practice, LLC

Kareo has great reporting

Kareo has been an improvement from our previous software. I appreciate that the cost each month has been predictable and fair.

Pros

The reporting capabilities and customization of reporting is the most valuable feature to us. We are able to give our clients a more comprehensive view of the financial health of their practice. Contract management reports and analysis reports help us to give suggestions and analyze the data coming in so that providers and practice managers can see how claims are processing and where the money is coming from and going to.

Cons

The ERA enrollment process has been a nightmare. I feel like this process was not adequately described to us, and it has been dramatically more time consuming and labor-intensive than we thought it would be. Customer support has been inconsistent. In some circumstances, the representatives have been very helpful, but in others, they have been disconnected and unable to adequately resolve issues.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

Cost, workflow, reporting capability, reviews.

Mathew from Dermatology/Skin Cancer Clinic

Not good for our single-physician dermatology practice

Not good. See my "Cons" list above. Unfortunately instead of month-to-month...the sales guy (who, after you sign up, you'll never hear from again) talked me into 1 year. Now I'm trying to buy out that year so we can go back to CollaborateMD...which was much more evolved...user-friendly...with features that actually work.

Pros

Fairly easy to use on a daily basis for me as the physician, entering SOAP notes. I did like immediately entering ICD-10 and CPT codes right after seeing the patient and writing my note. Relatively inexpensive compared to other options

Cons

Whew.... 1. I guess my expectations for a "success coach" were different from what they provide. If, during implementation you want to schedule time with your "coach," that person provides you a link to THEIR schedule and you find a time (usually at least a week away) and pencil yourself in. 2. Many ICD-10 and CPT codes for my specialty are not in Kareo when you go to create the superbill. It's been 2 years now....unacceptable. 3. To link to a lab or pathology...they provide you with a form which then gets sent to that lab. From there it's up to you to see that it happens. Both the hospital lab we use and UCSF dermatopathology were unable to link with Kareo. 4. The "voice reminder" feature is a really bad late '70's computerized voice. If it calls a patient and gets a voicemail...it begins talking as soon as it hears a voice (the message) so by the time the patient's recorder begins recording...the message is already almost over. The patient is left wondering what that computerized voice was and who called? 5. The visual accounting screen is really poorly laid out.

Cost

Response from Kareo

Replied December 2019

Hello Mathew, Thank you for letting us know about your experience with our system. We value any and all feedback about our software, as it helps us to continually evolve and improve our services. It is important to us that your practice is set up for success in every way possible, and our Success team is an important part of that process. In addition, our Support team is available and willing to provide immediate support if your Success coach is unavailable. We currently have a specialist assigned to your account, and they will be contacting you immediately to address your specific concerns. Regards, Kareo

Michele from Paradise Bay Medical Billing LLC

Billing Softare Tried and True

I have had an amazing experience with Kareo. Of course like any software program you will have hiccups and bumps in the road but after working in the medical billing industry for almost 15 years I can say that Kareo has been the best software program I have used!

Pros

The feature I like most about Kareo is the built in eligibility feature. Not having to login to numerous portals to check eligibility makes my job 10X easier!

Cons

I wish Kareo would not make you get out of the pt insurance info area to check the pts eligibility. This happened with the newest update and it is not very efficient at all. Also the same with adding a new Medicare policy, you have to get out of the insurance area and go back in to check hospice, the drop down box won't work unless you do this. Not efficient at all. I would also like to see Kareo automatically capitalize pt demographics when you are entering them, all other software programs I have used have this feature built into them.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

The built in eligibility feature, price and ease of use.

Jenifer from 21st Century Dermatology

In the beginning I was a bit overwhelmed with the features of this program, but once you are able to find your way around it is so easy to work with and the support team is great.

Pros

I've used Kareo for the past 8 years and the support staff is wonderful and very helpful, they know their product and always come through with solving the problem in one call.

Cons

The one feature I would love to see is where our company's name can appear on certain reports, I've been requesting this for a while now so am waiting for that.

Tiffany from The Speech Emporium

Kareo

It has been very good

Pros

It is very easy to use on a daily basis.

Suzanne from Premier Screening LLC

Satisfied Customer

Very positive

Pros

The program is easy to use, cost effective and the support is great.

Cons

Some of the reports I need are not easily accessible.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

I had used it in the past and felt it was the perfect fit for us.

Karen from Cornerstone Health & Family Pr

Bait & Switch!

It has been an absolute nightmare. Customer support has been zero. For over 2 months couldn't use the electronic prescribing system due to problems with the Kareo system. They stated that it was the Doctor.Me program I was required to use. Wasn't. Called my son. He checked into it and told me how to fix it. Was fixed in minutes after 2 months of being ignored. Everytime my staff or I have tried to call them, we go into permahold. You can't get ahold of anyone who knows anything about their system. I am convinced that they hire people off the streets and don't really train them. In addition, they outsource their calls to individuals who can barely speak English and who do not have a clue how their system works. In addition, I pay for both the billing program and EHR. Was told that my monthly bill would be around $400 for both since I have a very small medical practice. Bill immediately jumped to over $680 per month. When I asked for an explanation, was told that needed to contact another department to get an invoice. Have repeatedly asked for a written explanation of why my bill is so high. Never have received any answers. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were not helpful. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was actually very rude to my staff. I overheard him making rude comments to my MA. When we tried to utilize our 3 months of "coaching" they never had time to help us. I even tried reaching out to the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and he ignored my concerns. We are now slowly muddling our way thru this mess

Pros

Electronic prescribing has warnings, drug info and formulary attached. Helps with determining whether or not you will have interactions with other medications that have been prescribed.

Cons

System goes down frequently. Has several bugs in it. Can't prescribe 2 narcotic medications for a patient. It refuses to send it electronically. Can't prescribe custom medications i.e. diabetic supplies electronically. Won't interface with any of the local radiology facilities or labs like LabCorp, Sonora Quest ect.....even though we were promised when given the information by the representative [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who talked me into signing on. The so called templates that they say are available--aren't. Can't sign on to the system from more than one computer i.e. you have it open on your desk top and are using a lap top in the room. Was told that it was a HIPPA violation to have it running in more than one location. Obviously not. Have used EPIC, AHLTA, VA system, Allscripts, Nextgen, Citrex and several other EHRs. Never had this issue with them. Good luck trying to use them. I recommend that you look into other alternatives if you don't want to have the same experience that we have had.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

Because the sales representative assured us that our monthly costs would only increase by $200 and that we would have "fantastic" customer support. Obviously a "Bait & Switch." Signed up for one thing, got a lemon.

Response from Kareo

Replied June 2020

Hello Karen, Thank you very much for sharing both your positive and negative experiences with our software. We value all feedback as it helps us to improve overall as a company and understand what our customer's needs are. We are committed to working in partnership with you to ensure your practice is successful. We see that you have contacted us previously regarding the EPCS issue you brought up and the issue was resolved. We will have someone reach out to you again to discuss any recent issues that may have come up. In regards to integration with labs, we facilitate a connection, but it is completely up to the lab in question to choose to integrate with a practice or not. In addition, our system does only allow users to log in to one device at a time as a security measure. We will be contacting you to further discuss the concern you raised regarding templates. Thank you again very much for sharing your story with us. Regards, Kareo

Kareo - The most user friendly billing software I have encountered

When I initially saw the layout of Kareo I love it. All of the tabs are clearly labeled and I was able to navigate the software without any training. However once we started posting and applying payments, it began to get tricky. Since we were new to the software Kareo supplied someone to come out and train our employees and his personal line so we were able to call him whenever we have questions. That was a great help. We also enjoyed their training videos supplied on Kareo university.

Pros

It is a clean looking software and is very quick. It is very quick and easy to input payments and make notes on the payments. It is also easy to look at the AR to see what was denied, pending, etc. Most of the denials also have codes that help us figure out why it has not been paid.

Cons

Some parts of the program are confusing and not intuitive. Applying payments seems like it is a more extensive process than it needs to be. Calling for customer service is also a pain because I am often on hold for a long time, at least 30 minutes, and the people I am calling often do not seem knowledgeable.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

We needed a software that was quicker and easier to navigate. Our new employees had such a hard time learning our old software so we needed something more innovative.

Michael from Vero Family Chiropractic

You can do better...

Egg, you could do better. We are only using this at the request of our billing company

Pros

The text reminders are great and that's included. The app has a lot of features, maybe too many features.

Cons

I dislike how often it is down for repairs and maintenance. Sometimes, it happens right in the middle of the day putting us behind. The app has too many features but can't get a simple itemized statement.

Response from Kareo

Replied October 2020

Hello Michael and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our software. We apologize that you've experienced any difficulties with our software. We have had a couple of instances of latency with our system the last two months but have taken steps to resolve this. We understand how much of an impact this has on practices, which has been our motivation to push forward with system improvements. We will continue to focus on developing our existing product to minimize latency issues as this is currently our main priority. I also apologize regarding the limitations you mentioned with our statements. I am confident if you reach out to our support team, they would take every effort to ensure we exhaust all options in attempting to find a solution for you. Please contact us at 888-775-2736 with any questions or concerns that you may have. Thank you, Kareo

Shirley from Team CPR, Inc.

Easy to learn and use

When we first went to Kareo, we were coming off a system that had brought us to our knees: nothing worked right, clients were frustrated and we had no faith in things reported in the system. Kareo changed all of that for us--we were able to have reports we could trust, true transparency for the clients, and so many functions we were able to do more efficiently.

Pros

We love that the software is intuitive, and we can teach a clinic how to use it (on a basic level) in about an hour. The reports are accurate and easy to use. We can set up favorite reports, and generally get help whenever we're "stuck"

Cons

Enrollments--getting providers enrolled properly and getting assistance with those enrollments. Also, we really dislike that they offshore their help desk. It's challenging to get someone who can help us when we get an offshore rep. We also wish there was a better defined collections procedure/status in the system which would help us better monitor what's gone to collection. We cannot bill UB04 charges for facilities out of Kareo.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

Pricing and system flexibility. We ultimately ended up with both to be able to accommodate the UB04 billing we need to do for some clients.

Jacob from Nexus Healthcare Solutions

Kareo Billing Software

Overall we've been pretty happy with Kareo. There are a few features we miss from our old software but some of the features we gained by switching to Kareo mostly make up for the difference.

Pros

The main reason we were drawn to Kareo was it's API. It helped that it is cloud based and user friendly but our focus was on the ability to get the data out for use in reporting and our proprietary software and we were able to do that with Kareo.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

Mainly for the API and familiarity as a few key members of our staff had used it in the past.

Rahul from Atlantic podiatry center

Great software for billing but the EHR could use some polish

My overall experience with Kareo is very good. We use them for our software and practice management. I’m not using the EHR as it is not included with the package and there are some limitations for my specialty when participating in the MIPS .

Pros

The software is web-based and very easy to use on the iPad as well as any other format that supports the browser. It is easy and intuitive to use and everything is well laid out. You can access the data most of the time you’re only limitation is the speed of your browser The software is web-based and very easy to use on the iPad as well as any other format that supports the browser. It is easy and intuitive to use and everything is well laid out. You can access the data most of the time you’re only limitation is the speed of your browser The software is modular in that you paid for different modules from the E in charge of the software and practice management features They have a great feature set. There always improving and adding more functionality.

Cons

There are too many marketing advertisements in my email for other features. The HR should be included for free if we do the practice management it doesn’t make sense to be forced to use another software. The practice management needs to have more versatility with the types of reports we can generate it is plenty of boilerplate template that should suffice most practices. They need to have better support for doctors were trying to participate in there are too many marketing advertisements in my email for other features. Each shot should be included for free if we do the practice management it doesn’t make sense to be forced to use another software. The practice management needs to have more versatility with the types of reports we can generate at this point your boilerplate template that should suffice most practices. They need to have better support for doctors were trying to participate in MIPS. They should be a QCDR.

Shelley from Center for Hormonal Health & Well Being

Medical Billing Lead

Pros

Ease of use. There is a lot of helpful educational information, and when you call the reps are very knowledgeable and sincere about helping you with your problem.

Cons

When looking at payments entered daily, I would like to be able to scroll back and forth in the calendar rather than enter the dates. There is a daily report, but I just want to quickly scroll through the dates. This is one feature that would be nice, at least for me to quickly check to be sure all money is posted daily. The reps are very knowledgeable and willing to help you in most cases, except for one issue when I wanted to sign up for ERA's. It was not clear to me that there was a deadline and he closed my case before I faxed the forms. If he could have extended the timing, it would have helped- I also work in a different office, so I am not able to get doctor's signature immediately, and we were in the middle of integrating at the time. Also- your integration with P. Fusion- could be improved. The other systems PFusion integrates with are not so difficult with every character matching, etc., and this has been hard for our office. It is still new, so hopefully it will get easier. another thing I thought of- there are occasions where you have to delete or change a payment, and if you enter this before the insurance EOB comes in, and you find you need to change it, or apply some of this to another date of service, you can't easily delete payment information once it has been applied to a visit without having to delete all the claims data. This is unfortunate. I did speak with a rep who showed me how to copy the messages and re post in notes, but this is cumbersome if there are a lot of transactions. okay, I think that is enough feedback for today. I do love Kareo!

Blake from Northland Spine

Kareo Practice Management

Reporting, posting payments, sending invoices, etc are all a breeze with the software. Customer service is without a doubt the most helpful and easiest of any vendor I've ever used.

Pros

The software is very easy to use after a few weeks of learning the in's and out's. I likely don't utilize half of what the software is capable of, but it's perfect for what I need.

Cons

I wish it was possible to integrate the Kareo Practice Management software with more than one EHR in my industry. It is only available for Medicfusion integration.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

I actually fell into Kareo due to the EMR it was paired with. And then Kareo quickly became my favorite software I've used in my 10 years in practice. I've been with Kareo for approx 5-6 years and have consistently been pleased and have no plans to change anytime in the future, unless forced to for some unforeseen reason.

Diane from Billers of Metro Atlanta

Billers of Metro Atlanta

I think the numbers of years I have used Kareo shows my satisfaction with the overall software product. I have trained 50 plus people in the 20 years I have used this product. I am still growing and encourage those I meet to transition to using this software. I have demonstrated my confidence in Kareo by including page on my business website promoting Kareo.

Pros

I have been a user of this software since the 90's. I found Kareo to be a very cost effective software which allowed for training new staff, integrating practices and decreased initial startup costs. Kareo continues to update and add new features which are relevant to industry standards and changes.

Cons

I would like to have more capability from some of the screens to multi task. Such as printing as statement from track claim status page. I would like to see Kareo add actual advanced billing personnel to the support staff who handle the help tickets. Currently some help tickets have been answered by sales staff. I believe this would speed up the process.

Julie from Michelle M. Lewis, DO

Kareo software

My experience has been great with very few problems

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and easy functions

Cons

some of the billing areas have a lot of steps to get to the final result.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

at the time we just wanted a new pm

July 2016

Gregory from Steven T. Tee MD., LLC

July 2016

Almost 3 years of use and we still love it!

Pros

I came to our practice with no experience in health care and was immediately tasked with firing our 3rd party billing company and bringing everything back in house with Kareo. I had no experience in billing, patient demographics, insurance, posting payments etc. Within one week of our launch... we had the basics down and were able to seamlessly transition our single physician practice to Kareo. Payments were coming in within the first 30 days. We also have a linked EHR system so our claims are easy to do with our doctor able to have the DX codes all input at the clinical note stage and everything seamlessly transitions right over to billing. We are so fast at it that our previous day's claims are out the door by 10AM the following day. I love this system and the folks that support it.

Cons

Some payers will make surprise changes in their EID that do not get updated into system tested into Kareo in a timely manner. It normally is discovered when payment posting gets out of whack and then it is discovered that the payer made a change in the technical date interchange. Then discovered that the change was not system tested in Kareo. It is a little bit of finger pointing on who is to blame for the interchange misses.... but don't get me wrong... when issue is discovered - they work to fix it - it just takes some time.

January 2013

Barbara from Barbara Witherspoon, ACNP-BC

January 2013

I am a nurse practitioner with my own practice seeing patients primarily in nursing homes. I also do my own billing. When I was setting up my practice, I was told about Practice Fusion EMR software by a colleague. I saw that Practice Fusion is integrated with a billing system called Kareo, so I decided to check it out. Once I saw what they had to offer, I didn't look any further. Cost got my attention first, but the more I learned about it, the more I liked what I saw. I have done medical billing for years in the past as an office manager. I am also a CPA, and I did consulting work in which I helped physician practices choose and set up billing systems. Compared to the older systems, Kareo is light-years better. Implementation of Kareo took some time and effort. At first I thought it would be intuitive, and it is to a certain extent. These days billing is so complex, however, that I have some to see that it would be almost impossible to come up with a system that is entirely intuitive. I needed to complete the training, and then I was good to go. One thing that is really nice is the ability to choose training videos on the topics you need to learn about. The training videos are excellent. I did my training by starting a video, pausing it to enter my own data into Kareo, then continue on. This provided me with hands-on training, and it was very helpful. I also like the fact that I can go back at any time to view the videos again, and I can also view videos on topics or features of Kareo that I am using for the first time. I chose to purchase customer support for the first month only, because I am pretty savvy when it comes to billing systems. During that time, the team was very nice, very helpful, and oh so patient with me. I always got the answers I needed. One of the things that I especially like about Kareo is the reports that can be run. In the "old days" you could only run certain reports that were set-up by the system. It never made sense to me that there was a huge database of information, yet it could only be accessed in limited ways. Kareo provides many options for reports. I personally like the accounts receivable reports as well as the report that shows revenue from each facility where I practice. Probably the biggest benefit I have received from Kareo is the time savings. I have to balance my time between my clinical responsibilities and my financial and billing activities. I am sure I could not do this without Kareo. Bottom line: I am a very satisfied customer, and I would choose Kareo all over again if I had to choose.

Jill from Jonathan C. Patrowicz, D.O. P.A.

Kareo Customer Review

Overall we are pleased with Kareo

Pros

1.I like the ability to learn as needed with Kareo university and ease of use for our team We love the automated reminders and the ability the send messages with the software

Cons

I'm not too fond of the way Kareo calculates the end of month reports. If payment was collected in a month and deposited in our account, the monthly report's end should reflect the same as my bank statement.

Cost

Nina from Medibillers

kareo survey

I love the no response files. If you work those, you will rarely ever have a timely filing issue again. I also really like how we can add suggestions to better the software and Kareo listens.

Pros

I love the ease of use with Kareo. You can literally sit down, bring up kareo and start billing if you just read the screens. I've worked off of other softwares including Athena, Epic etc and the ease of Kareo is definately refreshing.

Cons

I have a wish list of a couple i things I wish Kareo had. On the clinical side, i would to be able to set up Kareo notes that it would automatically pull the cpt codes into the superbill. On both sides, platform and billing, i wish Kareo would hook up with the NPPES file so when i search for a doctor or practice for referring purposes, all the info would be there.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

We were going to look at other products. It just happened Kareo was first and it seemed to fit our demand. We did not look other software.

LuAnn from MedTrust LLC

review

Good. We have now moved all our clients to Kareo from other software.

Pros

We love being able to use Jopari for work comp and auto, I do not find other software offering this. Also printing the HCFA with background from the system has saved us huge amounts of time and money with our significant volume of work comp and auto.

Cons

Reporting could be better; we would like some standard reports that we have in other software and have not had the time to work on custom reports. We need reports that we can run easily by CPT codes; client often have questions on what they have brought in by specific codes and the reports can be confusing. Also just basic year over year summary of charges, receipts and adjustments would nice. Enrollment is better but still an issue that slows down new clients. We can't print the UB form with the background for faxing claims. We want batch numbers on patient payments so we can track the office collection. ASC Medicare rates do not show up in the contract & Fees; it defaults to the professional fee schedule.

November 2015

Vivian from Thomas P. McGovern, MD

November 2015

Welcome to Affordable Practice Management

My office began using Kareo Practice Management software in January, 2015. We had been using our previous vendor since 1986 and although it still works, it was costing $14,000.00 a year for support which we rarely, if ever, used. When I found Kareo at $299 per month I had to give it a try. I began training myself in October 2014 through all of the training platforms Kareo offers. I read the articles, I watched the videos, I emailed and spoke with them on the phone. I found the system easy to learn and kind of fun to use. I introduced the rest of the staff to it in December after deciding that it could work for us. The most difficulty they had was entering insurance carriers for patients which in Kareo are called "cases." Through videos and phone calls they finally got the hand of it. Our practice does not accept any kind of insurance and we opted out of Medicare so I cannot comment on submitting claims through Kareo. I do print up paper claims for surgery patients and the only problem I have with that is you can't print up a claim once the patient has paid the bill and you have entered the payment into the system. You have to remove the payment and change the responsible party to the patient's insurance company and then print a claim which does not show a payment. After printing, you have to go back to the patient's account and undo the changes you made. If your practice participates with various insurance companies, this would not be an issue for you. I also don't use the Kareo billing service. I print up the statements and mail them out myself. The statement template is very well laid out and looks very neat and professional. We transitioned into ICD-10 with no problem whatsoever. Kareo has all of the ICD-10 codes listed and it was a breeze to use their Superbill template and change the ICD-9 codes to ICD-10 codes. We were using our new Superbill on October 1st and everything went smoothly. Kareo even provided us with a list of our most used diagnosis codes and their corresponding ICD-10 codes. Kareo also provides constant updates and they install very quickly and have never caused the software to crash. All in all, I am extremely happy with Kareo. The software works, it's easy to learn and they provide excellent and friendly support. If you call them you are able to speak with someone immediately and they walk you through any problem you may be having. Long live Kareo!

Deborah from Turner Physical Therapy & Scoliosis Center

Kareo Review

Pros

Our office has used Kareo as our billing software for the past three years. It is comprehensive and meets our billing needs. The support team for Kareo's PM software is phenomenal. I have called frequently over the past three years for customized support and have always gotten highly professional, pleasant and helpful representatives

Cons

Some of the information from our electronic records software does not always come over to Kareo as expected. I also don't understand why some of the doctors information seems to come over and others does not. I don't fully grasp how insurance companies get set up and approved to receive electronic claims.

Response from Charlton

Replied September 2016

Hi Deborah, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Happy to hear Kareo's software meets your billing needs and that you find our support team professional, pleasant and helpful! We'd like to reach out for more information regarding your mention of some of the information from your EHR not always coming over to Kareo as expected. Please email us at customersuccessteam@kareo.com to confirm your account/contact information so we may help look into this for you. Also, here is the link to our free training courses: https://helpme.kareo.com/01_Kareo_PM/Kareo_PM_Training. Please do not hesitate to register for a live training or take an online course at your leisure.

Suzanne from Alliance Physical Therapy

REVIEW OF KAREO

Kareo has made billing a smooth process and accounts receivable is manageable in a timely fashion. Any issues are clearly identified and resolved.

Pros

The ability to perform a little extra claim scrubbing on the front end and also simple explanations for any rejections or denials.

Cons

The system gets very slow periodically and we are not able to use the document storage because it slows it down even more.

Dianne from Jicha Chiropractic

Best billing software among others

Problems that I have solved by using Kareo is not having to deal with a clearinghouse at all...it saves me tons of time. Kareo is so much easier to learn and get up and running from the start compared to so many softwares out there....it's just a terrific experience and I highly recommend it!!

Pros

Being linked automatically with a clearinghouse and the ease of submitting claims and rebilling is far better than other softwares I have ever used. The ability to enter data is far easier and quicker than with those other softwares.

Cons

There's only 1 thing I have not liked about the software and that is the inability to modify all reports. For example statements/receipts to patients for payments they make. The provider return address is not in the upper left hand corner of the statement/receipt so it can be mailed...I have to handwrite the return address on it. Also there isn't a single report that can be given to a patient that contains the provider info, patient info, services and all their pertinent info plus any payments and adjustments so they can turn them in to their insurance or claim rep. I have to submit 2 separate reports.

Vincent from Prohealth Chiropractic Wellness

Affordable pricing and way less politics

I love the billing software and will incorporate EHR soon. This is business done well and I get my money's worth.

Pros

With Kareo I feel like I am getting a quality product at a fair price. There are products out there that are way beyond their worth. Kareo is just right and I never feel pressured into doing something unnecessary. Billing portion is hands down the best I have seen due to its ease of use when using the cloud base. The desktop base (PM) is a bit tricky and would need some time to figure out. But overall it is great and worth the money you paid for. Remote support team is very efficient in answering matters at hand. I love it!

Cons

I can't really think of a con. I mean you have to spend time learning the software. Practice owners should spend time learning the ropes so as to stay on top. Reason being, no one would ever appreciate and love your product more than you the owner.

Price

Shirley from Complete Provider Resource

Easy to use and improves efficiency

This is our third software program in 8 years in business. This has been the most accurate, easiest to teach, and most integrative of the ones we've used. It's a good value for the money, and we've been pleased with the performance. We do have some issues, but it's fairly easy to get to management and discuss those.

Pros

We are able to use many of the tools, reports, and access in Kareo to improve our overall efficiency. We find claims go through successfully the majority of the time, entry screens are easy to use, and updating things like fee schedules are simple. Reporting is accurate and fairly easy to use, and we love the ability to write our own reports when we can't get what we need from the system (which is rare). There is a closed Facebook group of people who use the product and can support other users, and this is closely monitored by Kareo personnel, so it's a great way to interact and get help.

Cons

We would like to be able to do things across all our clients (enterprise level), and to have a cleaner collections follow-up, without having to adjust things off and make notes, etc.,

Anthony from St Anthonys Family Medical Pra

Software is efficient and reliable

Software is efficient and reliable, will recommend it

Pros

Software is easy to use for billing, has few problems but they are updating it.

Cons

Need improvement in the Electronic Medical records, but they are updating.

Response from Kareo

Replied September 2019

Antony, we appreciate your pleasant review. As you mentioned we are putting many resources into product enhancements that we release each month. Thank you for choosing Kareo! Best, Kareo

Jytte from La Veta Physical Therapy

Kareo billing system and EHR.

Pros

Integrates seamlessly with the EHR documentation system I use. Electronic billing with submission of clean claims 99.99% of the time.

Cons

Posting payments from EOB does not always reconcile requiring a manual time consuming correction.

Larry from Larry Antosz, PhD

Kareo Billing Software

I was looking for a billing software for my relatively new part-time private practice (licensed clinical psychologist/psychotherapy). At the time I got the referrals from Software Advice, I was looking primarily at the moment to get started billing Medicare for an increasing client caseload with Medicare coverage. I contacted my three of the four companies provided to me and Kareo was the first to be able to set me up with billing Medicare, While now I can expand to use it for billing other insurances, I still have not set up another insurance to bill. So I will have to see how that goes. However, by consistently billing Medicare now with this software, I am familiar with many of the features of the software and billing is relatively quick and simple. I did sign up for Kareo's clinical software and while I am currently paying for it, I still have not used it.

Pros

Once client and insurance info is set up, It is very quick and easy to bill online for each claim. Thus I am more likely to bill for each session soon after the session rather than waiting to bill a few sessions in a batch. Also, the software allows for printing out 1500 paper Forms. I have not tried this feature yet but it could save me time and hassles refiling if I can fill out the form through the software. I also think some of the online tutorials are very helpful and thus make getting information more convenient than have to sign up for a phone or video training session. I have had contact with a number of the training coaches and in general, they have all been very helpful and easy to access. The billing software is also set up to record payments, running balances, etc. I have not utilized that feature yet but it is nice to know that it is there.

Cons

I really do not have a specific complaint about the software or the staff support.

selina from South Mountain Physical Therapy

billing ease

always updating and improving for the better - user friendly and always helpful staff - that find the answer within reason

Pros

easy posting - one or two of the reports come in handy

Cons

could use better reports - also, when you look up a claim and you are under that patient - It would be nice to have the system go right to that patient instead of having to scroll to find it.

Phoebe from Bosque Women's Care

It's a solid billing software

I've been using Kareo for several years now. I first began using it to bill at the first billing company I worked with and continue to use it at the facility I now manage. It is easy to use once you become familiar with it and is a functional, useful program.

Pros

I enjoy how easy it is to navigate between windows. I really like the key performance indicators being available on the home page so I can take a quick scan to see how we're doing. I really like the hyperlinks that take me to rejected claims and denied claims as it makes it so easy to track and correct items. The reports are so nice and easy to export to Excel for my AR.

Cons

It is difficult to edit some things and that can be tedious. The payment posting is a little easier in some other programs but once I have gotten used to how Kareo has it set up, it is less difficult to navigate.

Jo Ann from Right Care Right Now

From Newbie to Experienced

When a patient calls to ask about their account, I find it very easy to pull up their information and solve their problems. I use the task option all the time. This helps me (and anyone else who might need to review an account) remember what transpired on this account.

Pros

I was thrown into using Kareo when I was hired with my current employer. No trainer. Nothing. I was put in practice mode and told to figure it out. WIth the help of Kareo support, reading, and a superbill in front of me, I started billing. Now, four years later, I feel very comfortable with using Kareo for billing, AR, reports, and more.

Cons

I think the reports could use some extra help. Some reports are not as easy to create as others. I hate the two-step insurance setup. I personally would prefer ONE place to put insurance. Not to have a Insurance company and insurance plan.

Dee from Connected Medical Group, LLC

Kareo Medical Billing Software Review

I have 2 different companies that use Kareo - if it wasn't for our CSC I would not have advised my 2nd company to use Kareo. The other CSC is not helpful at all.

Pros

Our CSC is a true asset to your company! He was always there to assist with my questions, and made sure that I understood how to properly maneuver the system.

Cons

Kareo needs to improve their training. Most people don't like a cookie cutter approach for training (i.e. videos, trainers that only teach what is on their agenda)

Response from Kareo

Replied September 2019

Hi Dee, we appreciate you taking the time to write an honest review. We will take your feedback to help improve the customer experience. We are happy to continue to support you and your business. Best, Kareo

PATRICE from THE LINK & OPTION CENTER

NICE & EASY

This software has cut my billing time in half. No more switching from portal to portal to enter claims. This convenience is so awesome. Getting stated was challenging but when I put in a call to Kareo customer service they walked me through each time I had a problem. These reps are so informative and helpful in solving whatever your problems are. There were a few times when I just didn't couldn't understand what they was trying to tell me. They asked my permission to share my computer screen and help me sold the problem(s). You couldn't imagine how helpful that was and amazing. To sum this up, I am truly in love with Kareo and their wonderful representatives that they have there. Keep up the great job.

Pros

WHAT I ADORE MOST ABOUT THIS SOFTWARE IS THE SIMPLICITY WAY TO NAVIGATE FROM EACH DESCRIPTIONS AND TO MAKE CORRECTED BEFORE SUBMITTING.

Cons

THERE ARE TIMES WHEN THE REJECTS AREN'T CLEAR ON HOW TO CORRECTED REJECTIONS AND WHEN YOU CLICK ON FIX THE STATEMENT POPS OUT TOO QUICKLY.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

Talking the representative that explained everything in such detail on what they had to offer and how it could work for this facility, we knew this was our best and only option. I feel we made a great choice.

Anupama from Primarycare and preventive medicine

kareo is user friendly

cost-effective and in house billing

Pros

ease of use, no claims are lost billing cycle easily available

Cons

duplicate eras from some insurances customer service not easily available on phone

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

works well with practice fusion

SherryAnn from Medical Billing Solutions

Money well spent

I have had to use other EHR, PM systems like AdvancedMD and Onco billing and Kareo is by far much more simple and easy to use and functtionality, and the cost is way less for a better system that everyone in the office can use efficiently and effectively.

Pros

Kareo is one of the first EHR and practice management system that is easy and simplified to learn for anyone no matter your computer experience. The cost for the EHR and PM is definitely much cheaper than most other systems out there! I learned a lot of the billing operations by watching their interactive webinars that is also simplified for easy learning!

Cons

The least I like about Kareo is probably the process of doing an adjustment or any changes once an account has money posted to it, I had to contact customer service to get assistance.

Jamie from Rocklein Physical Therapy,PLLC

5 star

Pros

This software is user friendly & easy to use.

Cons

The only down side is if the patient has more than 2 insurances that it doesn't carry over from web pt to kareo for billing.

ANGELA from EMPORIA MEDICAL ASSOCIATES, PC

Product cons and reviews

Besides the glitches which are going to happen experience is a 4 if it was a scale of 1 to 5.

Pros

A lot of ppl that work here at Emporia Medical Associates find it is not friendly but I do , it is friendly easy.

Cons

If a ERA and /or EFT does not show up and you know it is there you call they tell you that you have to call back in 5 days. then you have to wait more time after the 5 days which I don't like at all. Sometimes when there are updates it totally throws glitches in the system but usually fixed within a day. I don't like how it wont adjoin accts. Here in this community a family has 6 or less in family so this system only does each one individual which this community or patients don't or cant understand they want only one bill to come to their residence.

HEIDI from Nevada Behavioral Solutions

Good Customer Service

very satisfied

Pros

Customer service always available to help with questions. They are trained very well to know the system, and questions are usually answered on the first call.

Cons

None, delighted and happy. No complaints.

Krystal from Premier Physical Therapy

Kareo Review

Pros

The ease of billing and getting answers from Kareo when we need it quickly

Cons

Just that we have to different tax ID's that we use and we have to switch depending on which one we are using

Carolynn from West County Physicians, LLC

Great Software

We have used Kareo for 8 years and its the best software that fits our practice!

Pros

I really like the reports and its easy to use!

Cons

Some features while using electronic posting to post medicare checks as secondary dont work properly

Allyson from Avila Physical Therapy for Women's Health

Physical Therapy Practice Owner

Pros

I like that I can see my patient schedule through using the Kareo app. I also like the ability to use the desktop version over the web based version. Kareo has great reports for therapists productivity and claim status. The reports are much easier to navigate than previous software programs I have used. This is important as a business owner of a private practice.

Cons

I wish it were easier to print an appointment list for my patients. With physical therapy patients come for multiple visits and this report is somewhat different to reproduce. I have several patients that voice concern over hearing the automated telephone response calls, I wish this could be made clearer for patients.

Shelly from SW Rehabilitation Assoc LTD

Kareo Product

Pros

It is a user friendly product. Different ways to get to the same outcome. A/R easy to read.

Cons

Sometimes customer service is difficult to understand.

Brian from Northern Star Chiropractic PLLC

Kareo Review

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is great and all of the support folks are top notch. Some are a bit hard to understand but I got used to it

Pros

Easy to use and fairly simple to understand. Plenty of support and library of video and print help at the touch of a button

Cons

Not really anything it was a great experience so far. Posting is difficult to understand but the help is there to clear it up

Price and features

Amy from Advanced HealthCare Solutions

Long Time Kareo User

Kareo works well for what we need, though we would prefer to have a bit more luck with glitches and feature requests than we do from premium support and our Kareo rep.

Pros

Kareo works well, and compared to some other billing software I use, it is pretty user friendly. Especially when paired with Kareo EHR it works well for full billing from front to back

Cons

Kareo has some long term glitches that have never been fixed, though I am sure we are not the only ones submitting "feature requests" for these things. For example, accounts become very slow and lag extensively (up to a minute to open) if there are too many notes in the account, or documents scanned into Kareo often open up out of order.

Kyle from The Florida For Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery

Run Away. Kareo is Awful and Could Ruin Your Practice. It Nearly Ruined Ours. Stay Away.

Horrible. Kareo managed billing was absolutely horrible. We lost tens and tens of thousands of dollars to incompetence and mistakes. Collections were so bad it nearly cost us our practice. We were told they had knowledgeable billers and coders, but the opposite was true. It got so bad that Kareo has to sell off their managed billing department, which took this nightmare to a whole new level. We are still trying to clean up the messes that they made. But there was only so much we could do and the providers never got paid. The people who took over said that they had never seen such gross incompetence.

Pros

Nothing. The interface is modern looking, but it hides the abominable lack of functionality. The EHR is a poorly thought out and is missing basic functionality. The whole system is clunky and you and your staff will waste countless hoursuyiuyi

Cons

I do not have enough room to write a complete list of how terrible Kareo is. Basically, the EHR is a poorly thought out and is missing basic functionality. The whole system is clunky and you and your staff will waste countless hours trying to create work arounds. Your system will go down in the middle of your clinic and you have no recourse. During a particularly bad couple of days of no and/or unusably slow service, we had no choice but to close our office. Kareo will say they are fixing issues or updating functionality, but the fixes are generally meaningless and the updates are mostly ineffectual. Customer support is also terrible. The calendar is very poor and does not interface with well with the rest of the EHR. In just one example, we were having issues with Kareo creating ghost appointments and randomly deleting patient appointments. It was throwing our practice into disarray because nobody could figure out what was happening. Imagine your patients being emailed for appointments they don’t have and showing up for clinic on random days or patients not showing up at all even though they are on the calendar. Kareo knew about the problem, saw what was happening and could not fix it. . It was yet another Kareo glitch due to the badly executed and buggy software. This is just one example among dozens of how Kareo will make it very expensive and difficult to successfully run your practice.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

We were lied to by Kareo sales team. They told us the software had functionality it did not and that the managed billing had expertise it did not. We were able to prove they lied to us because we had it in writing. But, being right didn’t help us. It didn’t bring us back the hours we wasted and all the money they lost us.

Response from Kareo

Replied September 2020

Hello Kyle, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience and truly value your feedback. It is important to us to understand where we may be falling short so we can continue to focus on providing a world-class experience for our customers. Although our managed billing solution is now managed by a separate company, this was not due to inadequate management or a lack of customer focus. Regarding our EHR, we apologize that we were not a fit for your practice. Kareo has offered our EHR solution for years and we are proud that customers have consistently utilized our system as a tool to provide simple and reliable patient care. Although we did have latency issues recently, these have been resolved and we are constantly working to ensure we learn from these experiences. We see that you have been in communication with our loyalty team, and they will continue to assist you with any questions or concerns. Best, Kare

Patrick from MyHealth by Shaw Medical Group

3 year review

Overall Kareo has been a good learning experience for me to determine what I expect and need from an EHR system. I have been looking into others systems and expect to be with another company within a year. For a small clinic, this may work well for a provider. For a Group Practice that is expanding, it is lacking the support for the amount of issues they are working to fix.

Pros

Price. As a new practice, price was very influential in the decision to go with Kareo. Our Success Coach was very helpful at first. Kareo appeared to have a high turnover initially which made it difficult during the first several months. However the Success Coaches were the highlight of Kareo's customer support.

Cons

The fact of the matter is their customer support lacks the manpower to answer calls in a timely manner to be helpful. I have had staff/myself on hold for over 30 min waiting to get through to customer support on several occasions. Just in the last couple weeks I opened a case file. Kareo says they will have someone call you within a certain time-frame. A week later I had my staff call to only find out that the case was closed out without anyone calling us and the problem still persisted. We have issues with provider super billing that rearranges diagnosis codes from the provider view to the billing view. Provider lists diagnosis in a certain order and when billing receives it it is in a different order.

Price

Response from Kareo

Replied April 2020

Hello Patrick, Thank you for sharing your candid feedback with us. We are committed to working with you on overcoming any obstacles you've experienced, and will have someone reach out to you directly to discuss your concerns more in depth. Thank you again for your honest feedback, and we look forward to speaking to you soon, Regards, Kareo

Ashley from AuraMD

Industry: Mental Health Care

Worst Customer Service I have EVER experienced. Truly. Used over 8 different EHRs since residency, never experienced such a disaster.

Awful, I'm actually quite easy to please if a company does their part. I have done all their legwork, paid up front, still have no refill requests being submitted from pharmacies and no e-lab because no one ever bothered to instruct me to separately submit a new account with the labs. They only "discovered" this 3 months after the fact, when I demanded to talk to a manager. And then they sent me an automated enrollment email that should have been sent Day One. It's is a blackhole abyss of your time. Save your time- as doctors, it is much more valuable than doing the job, enrollments assistant that can't- and won't- do their job.

Pros

The billing reports are detailed and efficient. Unfortunately, the biggest factor- A/R accounts- is completely skewed if you take insurance. They ONLY compute an A/R report based on your listed self pay rates...so you get a completely unusable number in delinquent collections that really doesn't mean much. Otherwise, it is easy to see your collections for the month, amount cash, credit, check, insurance payor. That's about the only positive thing I have to say.

Cons

I paid a year up front from a smooth salesman and to this date, 3 months after paying my first year, am not receiving any refill requests from pharmacies. I have spent COUNTLESS hours communicating with them- they have instructed ME to call SureScripts, call Quest, call LabSoft. After an hour on the phone, the operator at SureScripts (who is the e-scribing integrated PARTNER with Kareo) told me she had no clue why I was calling her as every loose end remained on Kareo's part. I told this to my "coach," her manager, the manager of enrollments and they continuously redirect me back to call SureScripts- because they can't figure out why I am not receiving any requests from pharmacies. I talked to a manager who had been specifically assigned to my account due to the nightmare thus far (in addition to no refill requests, I also have ZERO e-lab prescribing) he told me he would be the only person communicating with me directly due to the run around. The same day- (SERIOUSLY)- another person from enrollments called me after she had talked to the manager to call and tell me that the SureScripts had been denied, but couldn't tell me why, when it was submitted...and then couldn't confirm it was even submitted. So I'm still paying for an additional EHR so I can get refill requests. It is insanity. I can't even begin to express my frustration. Also, when you send a portal message, the patient has no clue. They don't send an email as a notification to login to the portal to view a new message. When I brought this up to my success coach, she told me to train my patients to login every single day- in the rare case they may have a message to view...You have got to be kidding me.