Browse Kareo Billing Reviews

Teegan from North Florida Naturopathic

Great EHR with room for improvement for natural healthcare providers

Using Kareo has been a overall great experience. It does almost everything we want it to do well, and the few things it needs to improve it at least allows you to do partially.

Pros

I love the layout of Kareo. The dashboard is great and offers a lot of functionality while still looking clean and professional. The clinical portion is great as it shows all the sections of the note on one page. The ability to add and remove sections is also very useful. The interaction checker is nice, but needs improvement. The iPad app is really slick and I preferring using it when adjusting my patients (Chiropractor), as it allows me to quickly tap on each segment I'm adjusting from a list.

Cons

There is very little support for natural products/supplements in Kareo. You CAN make it work, but it's definitely not easy - requiring manually entering every single product you wish to recommend in the "Drug Favorites" section.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

The best combination of price and features we could find!

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Billing

Practice fusion started charging for their basic service. When we started looking at paid EHR options we found that Kareo had more of the features we wanted. One of my colleagues also recommended it to us.

Tracy from Professional Practice, LLC

Kareo has great reporting

Kareo has been an improvement from our previous software. I appreciate that the cost each month has been predictable and fair.

Pros

The reporting capabilities and customization of reporting is the most valuable feature to us. We are able to give our clients a more comprehensive view of the financial health of their practice. Contract management reports and analysis reports help us to give suggestions and analyze the data coming in so that providers and practice managers can see how claims are processing and where the money is coming from and going to.

Cons

The ERA enrollment process has been a nightmare. I feel like this process was not adequately described to us, and it has been dramatically more time consuming and labor-intensive than we thought it would be. Customer support has been inconsistent. In some circumstances, the representatives have been very helpful, but in others, they have been disconnected and unable to adequately resolve issues.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

Cost, workflow, reporting capability, reviews.

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Billing

We needed more reporting capability and we felt that there were manual processes that could and should be automated to save labor hours.

Kalliste from Natural Health Center

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Maybe Try Again in a Few Years

Poor experience. ALL EHRs have glitches and issues, but this is terrible.

Pros

The product on the app is ok to use once you set it all up.

Cons

Customer "Support" - Kareo has a vast support section, but you have to know EXACTLY what to type in to get results that are not buried in 30 other pages of key words. When you try to get answers to your questions, the support people try to assist, but the answer invariably is: here's the link to submit input for upcoming changes - changes that are NEVER implemented. Billing: Kareo does not even have a basic way to create an invoice for patient copays that were collected. Patients complain that there is not transparency - and they're 100% correct! The statements don't track the patient payments along with the insurance payments. Unapplied balances sit in a patient's account for months even though payment was received and processed. This created all manner of problems for paying our providers and our ability to close-out year-end. Overall: Kareo requires a browser interface mostly for scheduling/provider SOAP notes and a desktop interface for billing. These are NOT integrated nor synched often enough and you have to bounce between the two to provide patients information about their billing. There's ability to task in the desktop, but not in the browser. You receive EVERYONE's patient confirmation messages regardless of your role. There's no way to search your messages or even to categorize them or keep them in folders for locating them. There was no onboarding training for our staff and so NONE of these issues were identified before we started.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

I didn't choose it, the previous practice manager did on a recommendation from a provider.

Response from Kareo

Replied July 2021

Hello Kalliste, Thank you for your feedback. We apologize if you've experienced any confusion while using Kareo. Our records show that you did have an implementation period from September of 2020 to February of 2021 where you had direct access to one of our implementation coaches. We do offer a variety of webinars & training videos through Kareo University & our customers are given access & asked to complete them upon signing up. For clarification, there absolutely is an active integration between our Practice Management & EHR system. Regarding patient payments, we'd like to discuss this further with you to find a workflow that helps account for patient payments/visits. In addition, If you do not want to receive messages from patients replying to appointments with other providers in your practice, you can turn off the "Office Staff" role for your user account. We will have a specialist reach out to you soon who can discuss this and your other concerns in more depth. Thank You, Kareo

Shirley from Team CPR, Inc.

Easy to learn and use

When we first went to Kareo, we were coming off a system that had brought us to our knees: nothing worked right, clients were frustrated and we had no faith in things reported in the system. Kareo changed all of that for us--we were able to have reports we could trust, true transparency for the clients, and so many functions we were able to do more efficiently.

Pros

We love that the software is intuitive, and we can teach a clinic how to use it (on a basic level) in about an hour. The reports are accurate and easy to use. We can set up favorite reports, and generally get help whenever we're "stuck"

Cons

Enrollments--getting providers enrolled properly and getting assistance with those enrollments. Also, we really dislike that they offshore their help desk. It's challenging to get someone who can help us when we get an offshore rep. We also wish there was a better defined collections procedure/status in the system which would help us better monitor what's gone to collection. We cannot bill UB04 charges for facilities out of Kareo.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

Pricing and system flexibility. We ultimately ended up with both to be able to accommodate the UB04 billing we need to do for some clients.

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Billing

It was a horrible platform for us. Reports were inaccurate, and the system was hard to use. We couldn't file corrected claims, couldn't see the path of a claim, etc.

Peggy from Kinetic Physical Therapy Specialists

First time Biller

Pros

I had never done billing before. Our PT clinic wanted to keep the billing in house so we tried Kareo. Of course I didn't have anything to compare too, but Kareo was easy to understand and the Kaero support was the best.

Cons

The price per therapist went up - with our reimbursement from insurance companies going down, we need to lower our cost

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Billing

The price was half of what Kareo was charge per therapists/ I didnt want to chance but in this times we need to save as much money as we can

Suzanne from Alliance Physical Therapy

REVIEW OF KAREO

Kareo has made billing a smooth process and accounts receivable is manageable in a timely fashion. Any issues are clearly identified and resolved.

Pros

The ability to perform a little extra claim scrubbing on the front end and also simple explanations for any rejections or denials.

Cons

The system gets very slow periodically and we are not able to use the document storage because it slows it down even more.

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Billing

Intergy did not consistently have upgrades available and many of the functions were manually operated.

Jytte from La Veta Physical Therapy

Kareo billing system and EHR.

Pros

Integrates seamlessly with the EHR documentation system I use. Electronic billing with submission of clean claims 99.99% of the time.

Cons

Posting payments from EOB does not always reconcile requiring a manual time consuming correction.

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Billing

It did not interface with EHR system and it was absolutely awful,cumbersome and time consuming to use.

Shelly from SW Rehabilitation Assoc LTD

Kareo Product

Pros

It is a user friendly product. Different ways to get to the same outcome. A/R easy to read.

Cons

Sometimes customer service is difficult to understand.

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Billing

Not a easy product to use and customer service was not good

Sarah B. from North Florida Naturopathic

Helpful to streamline your practice

Pros

I like that Stripe is automatically connected to the biller to easily transfer payments from patient to practice. I like the automatic texting and emailing to patients to confirm appointments.

Cons

This software contains codes for all insurance billing purposes; however, if you are cash-based practice and entering in supplements to sell, the manual process by which this is done is clunky and inefficient.

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Billing

Wanted something with more features and better integrated.

David from Bessmer PC

Kareo Billing Review

Very satisfied

Pros

Very easy to use software. The installation and set up was seamless.

Cons

A few glitches on the online payment platform. Patient are told to sign into the patient portal to see an itemized statement. That is not possible if only using the billing platform as a standalone module.

More user friendly

Compatibility with our EHR

Amanda from Voyage Practice MGMT

Kareo Software Review

I enjoy Kareo, I currently have 6 practices using it. I always refer clients looking for new software to Kareo. The success coach [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been helpful and makes me feel very confident in my knowledge of Kareo and had I can pass that on to my staff.

Pros

I love the eligibility tool. I also enjoy the help doc, I can usually look up what I need which is much faster than calling customer service.

Cons

Requesting new features takes a long time to get done. Also the time difference. If I have an issue at 8 and it is only 7 in California my wait time for customer service is much longer.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

Price and I am very familiar with Kareo.

Price

Jacob from Nexus Healthcare Solutions

Kareo Billing Software

Overall we've been pretty happy with Kareo. There are a few features we miss from our old software but some of the features we gained by switching to Kareo mostly make up for the difference.

Pros

The main reason we were drawn to Kareo was it's API. It helped that it is cloud based and user friendly but our focus was on the ability to get the data out for use in reporting and our proprietary software and we were able to do that with Kareo.

Cons

The canned reporting is okay but most of the reports export to excel in an unusable format (or at least a difficult to use format with filler cells and merged cells).

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

Mainly for the API and familiarity as a few key members of our staff had used it in the past.

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Billing

We wanted to move to a cloud based software with an open API.

Rahul from Atlantic podiatry center

Great software for billing but the EHR could use some polish

My overall experience with Kareo is very good. We use them for our software and practice management. I’m not using the EHR as it is not included with the package and there are some limitations for my specialty when participating in the MIPS .

Pros

The software is web-based and very easy to use on the iPad as well as any other format that supports the browser. It is easy and intuitive to use and everything is well laid out. You can access the data most of the time you’re only limitation is the speed of your browser The software is web-based and very easy to use on the iPad as well as any other format that supports the browser. It is easy and intuitive to use and everything is well laid out. You can access the data most of the time you’re only limitation is the speed of your browser The software is modular in that you paid for different modules from the E in charge of the software and practice management features They have a great feature set. There always improving and adding more functionality.

Cons

There are too many marketing advertisements in my email for other features. The HR should be included for free if we do the practice management it doesn’t make sense to be forced to use another software. The practice management needs to have more versatility with the types of reports we can generate it is plenty of boilerplate template that should suffice most practices. They need to have better support for doctors were trying to participate in there are too many marketing advertisements in my email for other features. Each shot should be included for free if we do the practice management it doesn’t make sense to be forced to use another software. The practice management needs to have more versatility with the types of reports we can generate at this point your boilerplate template that should suffice most practices. They need to have better support for doctors were trying to participate in MIPS. They should be a QCDR.

Jan from Legend High School

Kareo for ParkerPT

It is a wonderful product to house medical billing information. You have easy access and may reports and tools to access when managing patient accounts. I love the on-boarding. I felt it was helpful and very comprehensive. I wish there were opportunities to work with this group to learn what is new or old that I could benefit from knowing. There is so much this system can do and I just don't feel like I am taking advantage of all the features because I don't use or remember to use from our initial training sessions.

Pros

The software is very intuitive and I like all the options you have but don't have to pay for unless you use. Being a small business we are always looking for ways to increase productivity and save money.

Cons

Posting of ERA. This has not been improved since we began using 10+ years ago and if it has then I missed the memo. You have to address each individual date of service verses reviewing and have post automatically. I would even be happy to setup default selections to make posting quicker. Also would like a resource to assist with rejection error messages that would provide suggested issues. Current messages can be very cryptic.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

At the time, they did not offer electronic billing and the on-boarding process was cumbersome and to difficult to implement.

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Billing

The other product did not provide the breath of features that Kareo does and was not user friendly enough for the business owner to do the billing.

Michele from Paradise Bay Medical Billing LLC

Billing Softare Tried and True

I have had an amazing experience with Kareo. Of course like any software program you will have hiccups and bumps in the road but after working in the medical billing industry for almost 15 years I can say that Kareo has been the best software program I have used!

Pros

The feature I like most about Kareo is the built in eligibility feature. Not having to login to numerous portals to check eligibility makes my job 10X easier!

Cons

I wish Kareo would not make you get out of the pt insurance info area to check the pts eligibility. This happened with the newest update and it is not very efficient at all. Also the same with adding a new Medicare policy, you have to get out of the insurance area and go back in to check hospice, the drop down box won't work unless you do this. Not efficient at all. I would also like to see Kareo automatically capitalize pt demographics when you are entering them, all other software programs I have used have this feature built into them.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

The built in eligibility feature, price and ease of use.

Shelley from Center for Hormonal Health & Well Being

Medical Billing Lead

Pros

Ease of use. There is a lot of helpful educational information, and when you call the reps are very knowledgeable and sincere about helping you with your problem.

Cons

When looking at payments entered daily, I would like to be able to scroll back and forth in the calendar rather than enter the dates. There is a daily report, but I just want to quickly scroll through the dates. This is one feature that would be nice, at least for me to quickly check to be sure all money is posted daily. The reps are very knowledgeable and willing to help you in most cases, except for one issue when I wanted to sign up for ERA's. It was not clear to me that there was a deadline and he closed my case before I faxed the forms. If he could have extended the timing, it would have helped- I also work in a different office, so I am not able to get doctor's signature immediately, and we were in the middle of integrating at the time. Also- your integration with P. Fusion- could be improved. The other systems PFusion integrates with are not so difficult with every character matching, etc., and this has been hard for our office. It is still new, so hopefully it will get easier. another thing I thought of- there are occasions where you have to delete or change a payment, and if you enter this before the insurance EOB comes in, and you find you need to change it, or apply some of this to another date of service, you can't easily delete payment information once it has been applied to a visit without having to delete all the claims data. This is unfortunate. I did speak with a rep who showed me how to copy the messages and re post in notes, but this is cumbersome if there are a lot of transactions. okay, I think that is enough feedback for today. I do love Kareo!

Blake from Northland Spine

Kareo Practice Management

Reporting, posting payments, sending invoices, etc are all a breeze with the software. Customer service is without a doubt the most helpful and easiest of any vendor I've ever used.

Pros

The software is very easy to use after a few weeks of learning the in's and out's. I likely don't utilize half of what the software is capable of, but it's perfect for what I need.

Cons

I wish it was possible to integrate the Kareo Practice Management software with more than one EHR in my industry. It is only available for Medicfusion integration.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

I actually fell into Kareo due to the EMR it was paired with. And then Kareo quickly became my favorite software I've used in my 10 years in practice. I've been with Kareo for approx 5-6 years and have consistently been pleased and have no plans to change anytime in the future, unless forced to for some unforeseen reason.

Diane from Billers of Metro Atlanta

Billers of Metro Atlanta

I think the numbers of years I have used Kareo shows my satisfaction with the overall software product. I have trained 50 plus people in the 20 years I have used this product. I am still growing and encourage those I meet to transition to using this software. I have demonstrated my confidence in Kareo by including page on my business website promoting Kareo.

Pros

I have been a user of this software since the 90's. I found Kareo to be a very cost effective software which allowed for training new staff, integrating practices and decreased initial startup costs. Kareo continues to update and add new features which are relevant to industry standards and changes.

Cons

I would like to have more capability from some of the screens to multi task. Such as printing as statement from track claim status page. I would like to see Kareo add actual advanced billing personnel to the support staff who handle the help tickets. Currently some help tickets have been answered by sales staff. I believe this would speed up the process.

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Billing

I found the prior software was quickly becoming outdated. As industry standards changed I knew I needed to transition to a software that could accommodate growth and meet the new standards in the billing industry.

Julie from Michelle M. Lewis, DO

Kareo software

My experience has been great with very few problems

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and easy functions

Cons

some of the billing areas have a lot of steps to get to the final result.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

at the time we just wanted a new pm

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Billing

so we could change to an EMR system

July 2016

Gregory from Steven T. Tee MD., LLC

July 2016

Almost 3 years of use and we still love it!

Pros

I came to our practice with no experience in health care and was immediately tasked with firing our 3rd party billing company and bringing everything back in house with Kareo. I had no experience in billing, patient demographics, insurance, posting payments etc. Within one week of our launch... we had the basics down and were able to seamlessly transition our single physician practice to Kareo. Payments were coming in within the first 30 days. We also have a linked EHR system so our claims are easy to do with our doctor able to have the DX codes all input at the clinical note stage and everything seamlessly transitions right over to billing. We are so fast at it that our previous day's claims are out the door by 10AM the following day. I love this system and the folks that support it.

Cons

Some payers will make surprise changes in their EID that do not get updated into system tested into Kareo in a timely manner. It normally is discovered when payment posting gets out of whack and then it is discovered that the payer made a change in the technical date interchange. Then discovered that the change was not system tested in Kareo. It is a little bit of finger pointing on who is to blame for the interchange misses.... but don't get me wrong... when issue is discovered - they work to fix it - it just takes some time.

Jill from Jonathan C. Patrowicz, D.O. P.A.

Kareo Customer Review

Overall we are pleased with Kareo

Pros

1.I like the ability to learn as needed with Kareo university and ease of use for our team We love the automated reminders and the ability the send messages with the software

Cons

I'm not too fond of the way Kareo calculates the end of month reports. If payment was collected in a month and deposited in our account, the monthly report's end should reflect the same as my bank statement.

Cost

Company closed

Nina from Medibillers

kareo survey

I love the no response files. If you work those, you will rarely ever have a timely filing issue again. I also really like how we can add suggestions to better the software and Kareo listens.

Pros

I love the ease of use with Kareo. You can literally sit down, bring up kareo and start billing if you just read the screens. I've worked off of other softwares including Athena, Epic etc and the ease of Kareo is definately refreshing.

Cons

I have a wish list of a couple i things I wish Kareo had. On the clinical side, i would to be able to set up Kareo notes that it would automatically pull the cpt codes into the superbill. On both sides, platform and billing, i wish Kareo would hook up with the NPPES file so when i search for a doctor or practice for referring purposes, all the info would be there.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

We were going to look at other products. It just happened Kareo was first and it seemed to fit our demand. We did not look other software.

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Billing

Office medicine was getting outdated. We wanted something more user friendly and "looked" better than office medicine.

January 2013

Barbara from Barbara Witherspoon, ACNP-BC

January 2013

I am a nurse practitioner with my own practice seeing patients primarily in nursing homes. I also do my own billing. When I was setting up my practice, I was told about Practice Fusion EMR software by a colleague. I saw that Practice Fusion is integrated with a billing system called Kareo, so I decided to check it out. Once I saw what they had to offer, I didn't look any further. Cost got my attention first, but the more I learned about it, the more I liked what I saw. I have done medical billing for years in the past as an office manager. I am also a CPA, and I did consulting work in which I helped physician practices choose and set up billing systems. Compared to the older systems, Kareo is light-years better. Implementation of Kareo took some time and effort. At first I thought it would be intuitive, and it is to a certain extent. These days billing is so complex, however, that I have some to see that it would be almost impossible to come up with a system that is entirely intuitive. I needed to complete the training, and then I was good to go. One thing that is really nice is the ability to choose training videos on the topics you need to learn about. The training videos are excellent. I did my training by starting a video, pausing it to enter my own data into Kareo, then continue on. This provided me with hands-on training, and it was very helpful. I also like the fact that I can go back at any time to view the videos again, and I can also view videos on topics or features of Kareo that I am using for the first time. I chose to purchase customer support for the first month only, because I am pretty savvy when it comes to billing systems. During that time, the team was very nice, very helpful, and oh so patient with me. I always got the answers I needed. One of the things that I especially like about Kareo is the reports that can be run. In the "old days" you could only run certain reports that were set-up by the system. It never made sense to me that there was a huge database of information, yet it could only be accessed in limited ways. Kareo provides many options for reports. I personally like the accounts receivable reports as well as the report that shows revenue from each facility where I practice. Probably the biggest benefit I have received from Kareo is the time savings. I have to balance my time between my clinical responsibilities and my financial and billing activities. I am sure I could not do this without Kareo. Bottom line: I am a very satisfied customer, and I would choose Kareo all over again if I had to choose.

Leah from Stroke and Heart Attack prevention Center

Thoughts on Kareo

Overall Kareo is a great product

Pros

I have been using Kareo since 2012 and it has been very easy to use. The scheduler is very user friendly and east to navigate. I also use the billing end of it as well . I like that it populates the statements that are to be sent as well as the secondary claims that medicare sometimes does not forward.

Cons

I have had patients complain that the appointment reminder calls were not easily understood and did not give specific information about the doctor for the appointment.

cost and ease of use

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Billing

the company was changing requirements

Jenifer from 21st Century Dermatology

In the beginning I was a bit overwhelmed with the features of this program, but once you are able to find your way around it is so easy to work with and the support team is great.

Pros

I've used Kareo for the past 8 years and the support staff is wonderful and very helpful, they know their product and always come through with solving the problem in one call.

Cons

The one feature I would love to see is where our company's name can appear on certain reports, I've been requesting this for a while now so am waiting for that.

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Billing

Kareo was more compatible with our type of practice and our EHR system.

LuAnn from MedTrust LLC

review

Good. We have now moved all our clients to Kareo from other software.

Pros

We love being able to use Jopari for work comp and auto, I do not find other software offering this. Also printing the HCFA with background from the system has saved us huge amounts of time and money with our significant volume of work comp and auto.

Cons

Reporting could be better; we would like some standard reports that we have in other software and have not had the time to work on custom reports. We need reports that we can run easily by CPT codes; client often have questions on what they have brought in by specific codes and the reports can be confusing. Also just basic year over year summary of charges, receipts and adjustments would nice. Enrollment is better but still an issue that slows down new clients. We can't print the UB form with the background for faxing claims. We want batch numbers on patient payments so we can track the office collection. ASC Medicare rates do not show up in the contract & Fees; it defaults to the professional fee schedule.

Betty from Bristol Therapy Services, LLC

Highly recommend Kareo

Kareo is so helpful because the list of claims show exactly what stage each one is in.

Pros

Kareo is very user friendly. In the event I have an issue, the customer service team is immediately available to help me thru, via live chat, phone call or complete email instructions. They are very patient and tolerant of any need I may experience.

Cons

There really is nothing not to like about the software. It has all the features I need for my practice.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

Kareo is a great companion to WebPt

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Billing

better match-up for my practice

November 2015

Vivian from Thomas P. McGovern, MD

November 2015

Welcome to Affordable Practice Management

My office began using Kareo Practice Management software in January, 2015. We had been using our previous vendor since 1986 and although it still works, it was costing $14,000.00 a year for support which we rarely, if ever, used. When I found Kareo at $299 per month I had to give it a try. I began training myself in October 2014 through all of the training platforms Kareo offers. I read the articles, I watched the videos, I emailed and spoke with them on the phone. I found the system easy to learn and kind of fun to use. I introduced the rest of the staff to it in December after deciding that it could work for us. The most difficulty they had was entering insurance carriers for patients which in Kareo are called "cases." Through videos and phone calls they finally got the hand of it. Our practice does not accept any kind of insurance and we opted out of Medicare so I cannot comment on submitting claims through Kareo. I do print up paper claims for surgery patients and the only problem I have with that is you can't print up a claim once the patient has paid the bill and you have entered the payment into the system. You have to remove the payment and change the responsible party to the patient's insurance company and then print a claim which does not show a payment. After printing, you have to go back to the patient's account and undo the changes you made. If your practice participates with various insurance companies, this would not be an issue for you. I also don't use the Kareo billing service. I print up the statements and mail them out myself. The statement template is very well laid out and looks very neat and professional. We transitioned into ICD-10 with no problem whatsoever. Kareo has all of the ICD-10 codes listed and it was a breeze to use their Superbill template and change the ICD-9 codes to ICD-10 codes. We were using our new Superbill on October 1st and everything went smoothly. Kareo even provided us with a list of our most used diagnosis codes and their corresponding ICD-10 codes. Kareo also provides constant updates and they install very quickly and have never caused the software to crash. All in all, I am extremely happy with Kareo. The software works, it's easy to learn and they provide excellent and friendly support. If you call them you are able to speak with someone immediately and they walk you through any problem you may be having. Long live Kareo!

Deborah from Turner Physical Therapy & Scoliosis Center

Kareo Review

Pros

Our office has used Kareo as our billing software for the past three years. It is comprehensive and meets our billing needs. The support team for Kareo's PM software is phenomenal. I have called frequently over the past three years for customized support and have always gotten highly professional, pleasant and helpful representatives

Cons

Some of the information from our electronic records software does not always come over to Kareo as expected. I also don't understand why some of the doctors information seems to come over and others does not. I don't fully grasp how insurance companies get set up and approved to receive electronic claims.

Response from Charlton

Replied September 2016

Hi Deborah, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Happy to hear Kareo's software meets your billing needs and that you find our support team professional, pleasant and helpful! We'd like to reach out for more information regarding your mention of some of the information from your EHR not always coming over to Kareo as expected. Please email us at customersuccessteam@kareo.com to confirm your account/contact information so we may help look into this for you. Also, here is the link to our free training courses: https://helpme.kareo.com/01_Kareo_PM/Kareo_PM_Training. Please do not hesitate to register for a live training or take an online course at your leisure.

Jenifer from Dayton Family Practice

User friendly on any level

I was very nervous initially and my success coach added to that anxiety, I did not feel like I knew what I was doing when I first got started however the amazing customer service reps taught me so much about navigating and problem solving that my anxiety quickly disappeared. Kareo is very well laid out with a lot of feature to educate you and keep you on track. I could not be happier with this product.

Pros

Kareo is fairly easy to navigate even for a low tech person. The customer support team is absolutely amazing, they are always patient and extra helpful.

Cons

I feel I was mislead by the "success coach". He was is such a rush to meet his deadlines that he ran through the information at lightening speed and was very annoyed at my questions. Thankfully the customer service team does not share his lack of personality and has helped me get on the right track. The software itself is very easy to navigate, the initial issues I had were resolved by the customer service staff. In the beginning I called frequently and every time I was treated with much patience . Now that I understand better it is so easy to find my way around Kareo, customer service taught me many tips to problem solve and most of the time I am able to resolve my own issues with out calling.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

Kareo seemed to be a better bargain.

Dianne from Jicha Chiropractic

Best billing software among others

Problems that I have solved by using Kareo is not having to deal with a clearinghouse at all...it saves me tons of time. Kareo is so much easier to learn and get up and running from the start compared to so many softwares out there....it's just a terrific experience and I highly recommend it!!

Pros

Being linked automatically with a clearinghouse and the ease of submitting claims and rebilling is far better than other softwares I have ever used. The ability to enter data is far easier and quicker than with those other softwares.

Cons

There's only 1 thing I have not liked about the software and that is the inability to modify all reports. For example statements/receipts to patients for payments they make. The provider return address is not in the upper left hand corner of the statement/receipt so it can be mailed...I have to handwrite the return address on it. Also there isn't a single report that can be given to a patient that contains the provider info, patient info, services and all their pertinent info plus any payments and adjustments so they can turn them in to their insurance or claim rep. I have to submit 2 separate reports.

Kathryn from Guardian Healthcare Centers

As above in comments Pros

Pros

I love the fact that Kareo works seamlessly with my EHR program, I usually have responses within 24 to 48 hours of claims sent out to the insurance company. If there is a problem with an ICD 10 code I have used, Kareo will let me know before I make my final approval to send the claim. If I receive a rejection or denial Kareo gives me a very specific reason why this happened and I am able to fix the problem quickly. Turn around time is great and Kareo shows me how I am doing with my patient collection as well.

Cons

Integration with our business process took a couple of weeks to be up and running smoothly but I was always able to get the help I needed.

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Billing

My Nurse Practitioner made the decision to do this, not sure of the reason. She is sole owner of the clinic and makes these type of decisions herself.

Diane from Janet Whirlow, MD

User friendly

The benefit is that it is so easy to use and makes my job run more smoothly.

Pros

What I like best about Kareo is that it is so user friendly. It is a very easy software to learn.

Cons

The refund process is too time consuming. Refunding insurance or a patient. It should be just a simple debit to a credit in the adjustment field.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

Much more cost effective and easier to use.

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Billing

The old software went out of business.

Vincent from Prohealth Chiropractic Wellness

Affordable pricing and way less politics

I love the billing software and will incorporate EHR soon. This is business done well and I get my money's worth.

Pros

With Kareo I feel like I am getting a quality product at a fair price. There are products out there that are way beyond their worth. Kareo is just right and I never feel pressured into doing something unnecessary. Billing portion is hands down the best I have seen due to its ease of use when using the cloud base. The desktop base (PM) is a bit tricky and would need some time to figure out. But overall it is great and worth the money you paid for. Remote support team is very efficient in answering matters at hand. I love it!

Cons

I can't really think of a con. I mean you have to spend time learning the software. Practice owners should spend time learning the ropes so as to stay on top. Reason being, no one would ever appreciate and love your product more than you the owner.

Price

Shirley from Complete Provider Resource

Easy to use and improves efficiency

This is our third software program in 8 years in business. This has been the most accurate, easiest to teach, and most integrative of the ones we've used. It's a good value for the money, and we've been pleased with the performance. We do have some issues, but it's fairly easy to get to management and discuss those.

Pros

We are able to use many of the tools, reports, and access in Kareo to improve our overall efficiency. We find claims go through successfully the majority of the time, entry screens are easy to use, and updating things like fee schedules are simple. Reporting is accurate and fairly easy to use, and we love the ability to write our own reports when we can't get what we need from the system (which is rare). There is a closed Facebook group of people who use the product and can support other users, and this is closely monitored by Kareo personnel, so it's a great way to interact and get help.

Cons

We would like to be able to do things across all our clients (enterprise level), and to have a cleaner collections follow-up, without having to adjust things off and make notes, etc.,

Anthony from St Anthonys Family Medical Pra

Software is efficient and reliable

Software is efficient and reliable, will recommend it

Pros

Software is easy to use for billing, has few problems but they are updating it.

Cons

Need improvement in the Electronic Medical records, but they are updating.

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Billing

because of the billing software.

Response from Kareo

Replied September 2019

Antony, we appreciate your pleasant review. As you mentioned we are putting many resources into product enhancements that we release each month. Thank you for choosing Kareo! Best, Kareo

Nora from CASTANEDA QUICK CARE

Love Kareo Billing

The benefit to this billing software is that it is very functional and we are able to track every claim with ease.

Pros

Our company began using this software for billing almost 2 years ago. It was easy to set up and is very compatible with our EMR, Practice Fusion. I am the biller and I use this software daily. I find this software to be very functional, easy to maneuver and access all information in an efficient manner.

Cons

The integration of the software went very smoothly. There are a couple of things I would like to see this software do. One is to be able to see what "dates" the patient "unapplied amount" balances are from, without having to open up a settled DOS to "Apply Payment" for informational purposes. and two.. to be able to make notes in the "insurance aging" for each claim that is delinquent, so that when we open up the aging we can see if the claim has been worked on and what progress has been made to get claim paid. Other than that, I'm totally in love with this software. :)

Larry from Larry Antosz, PhD

Kareo Billing Software

I was looking for a billing software for my relatively new part-time private practice (licensed clinical psychologist/psychotherapy). At the time I got the referrals from Software Advice, I was looking primarily at the moment to get started billing Medicare for an increasing client caseload with Medicare coverage. I contacted my three of the four companies provided to me and Kareo was the first to be able to set me up with billing Medicare, While now I can expand to use it for billing other insurances, I still have not set up another insurance to bill. So I will have to see how that goes. However, by consistently billing Medicare now with this software, I am familiar with many of the features of the software and billing is relatively quick and simple. I did sign up for Kareo's clinical software and while I am currently paying for it, I still have not used it.

Pros

Once client and insurance info is set up, It is very quick and easy to bill online for each claim. Thus I am more likely to bill for each session soon after the session rather than waiting to bill a few sessions in a batch. Also, the software allows for printing out 1500 paper Forms. I have not tried this feature yet but it could save me time and hassles refiling if I can fill out the form through the software. I also think some of the online tutorials are very helpful and thus make getting information more convenient than have to sign up for a phone or video training session. I have had contact with a number of the training coaches and in general, they have all been very helpful and easy to access. The billing software is also set up to record payments, running balances, etc. I have not utilized that feature yet but it is nice to know that it is there.

Cons

I really do not have a specific complaint about the software or the staff support.

selina from South Mountain Physical Therapy

billing ease

always updating and improving for the better - user friendly and always helpful staff - that find the answer within reason

Pros

easy posting - one or two of the reports come in handy

Cons

could use better reports - also, when you look up a claim and you are under that patient - It would be nice to have the system go right to that patient instead of having to scroll to find it.

Phoebe from Bosque Women's Care

It's a solid billing software

I've been using Kareo for several years now. I first began using it to bill at the first billing company I worked with and continue to use it at the facility I now manage. It is easy to use once you become familiar with it and is a functional, useful program.

Pros

I enjoy how easy it is to navigate between windows. I really like the key performance indicators being available on the home page so I can take a quick scan to see how we're doing. I really like the hyperlinks that take me to rejected claims and denied claims as it makes it so easy to track and correct items. The reports are so nice and easy to export to Excel for my AR.

Cons

It is difficult to edit some things and that can be tedious. The payment posting is a little easier in some other programs but once I have gotten used to how Kareo has it set up, it is less difficult to navigate.

Jo Ann from Right Care Right Now

From Newbie to Experienced

When a patient calls to ask about their account, I find it very easy to pull up their information and solve their problems. I use the task option all the time. This helps me (and anyone else who might need to review an account) remember what transpired on this account.

Pros

I was thrown into using Kareo when I was hired with my current employer. No trainer. Nothing. I was put in practice mode and told to figure it out. WIth the help of Kareo support, reading, and a superbill in front of me, I started billing. Now, four years later, I feel very comfortable with using Kareo for billing, AR, reports, and more.

Cons

I think the reports could use some extra help. Some reports are not as easy to create as others. I hate the two-step insurance setup. I personally would prefer ONE place to put insurance. Not to have a Insurance company and insurance plan.

Anupama from Primarycare and preventive medicine

kareo is user friendly

cost-effective and in house billing

Pros

ease of use, no claims are lost billing cycle easily available

Cons

duplicate eras from some insurances customer service not easily available on phone

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

works well with practice fusion

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Billing

it was very hard to track no response claims and rejections on medisoft

Dee from Connected Medical Group, LLC

Kareo Medical Billing Software Review

I have 2 different companies that use Kareo - if it wasn't for our CSC I would not have advised my 2nd company to use Kareo. The other CSC is not helpful at all.

Pros

Our CSC is a true asset to your company! He was always there to assist with my questions, and made sure that I understood how to properly maneuver the system.

Cons

Kareo needs to improve their training. Most people don't like a cookie cutter approach for training (i.e. videos, trainers that only teach what is on their agenda)

Response from Kareo

Replied September 2019

Hi Dee, we appreciate you taking the time to write an honest review. We will take your feedback to help improve the customer experience. We are happy to continue to support you and your business. Best, Kareo

PATRICE from THE LINK & OPTION CENTER

NICE & EASY

This software has cut my billing time in half. No more switching from portal to portal to enter claims. This convenience is so awesome. Getting stated was challenging but when I put in a call to Kareo customer service they walked me through each time I had a problem. These reps are so informative and helpful in solving whatever your problems are. There were a few times when I just didn't couldn't understand what they was trying to tell me. They asked my permission to share my computer screen and help me sold the problem(s). You couldn't imagine how helpful that was and amazing. To sum this up, I am truly in love with Kareo and their wonderful representatives that they have there. Keep up the great job.

Pros

WHAT I ADORE MOST ABOUT THIS SOFTWARE IS THE SIMPLICITY WAY TO NAVIGATE FROM EACH DESCRIPTIONS AND TO MAKE CORRECTED BEFORE SUBMITTING.

Cons

THERE ARE TIMES WHEN THE REJECTS AREN'T CLEAR ON HOW TO CORRECTED REJECTIONS AND WHEN YOU CLICK ON FIX THE STATEMENT POPS OUT TOO QUICKLY.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Billing

Talking the representative that explained everything in such detail on what they had to offer and how it could work for this facility, we knew this was our best and only option. I feel we made a great choice.

ANGELA from EMPORIA MEDICAL ASSOCIATES, PC

Product cons and reviews

Besides the glitches which are going to happen experience is a 4 if it was a scale of 1 to 5.

Pros

A lot of ppl that work here at Emporia Medical Associates find it is not friendly but I do , it is friendly easy.

Cons

If a ERA and /or EFT does not show up and you know it is there you call they tell you that you have to call back in 5 days. then you have to wait more time after the 5 days which I don't like at all. Sometimes when there are updates it totally throws glitches in the system but usually fixed within a day. I don't like how it wont adjoin accts. Here in this community a family has 6 or less in family so this system only does each one individual which this community or patients don't or cant understand they want only one bill to come to their residence.

SherryAnn from Medical Billing Solutions

Money well spent

I have had to use other EHR, PM systems like AdvancedMD and Onco billing and Kareo is by far much more simple and easy to use and functtionality, and the cost is way less for a better system that everyone in the office can use efficiently and effectively.

Pros

Kareo is one of the first EHR and practice management system that is easy and simplified to learn for anyone no matter your computer experience. The cost for the EHR and PM is definitely much cheaper than most other systems out there! I learned a lot of the billing operations by watching their interactive webinars that is also simplified for easy learning!

Cons

The least I like about Kareo is probably the process of doing an adjustment or any changes once an account has money posted to it, I had to contact customer service to get assistance.

HEIDI from Nevada Behavioral Solutions

Good Customer Service

very satisfied

Pros

Customer service always available to help with questions. They are trained very well to know the system, and questions are usually answered on the first call.

Cons

None, delighted and happy. No complaints.

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Billing

I was submitting claims manually

Jamie from Rocklein Physical Therapy,PLLC

5 star

Pros

This software is user friendly & easy to use.

Cons

The only down side is if the patient has more than 2 insurances that it doesn't carry over from web pt to kareo for billing.

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Billing

We were using an out side billing service but switched back to a in house billing specialist.

Krystal from Premier Physical Therapy

Kareo Review

Pros

The ease of billing and getting answers from Kareo when we need it quickly

Cons

Just that we have to different tax ID's that we use and we have to switch depending on which one we are using

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Billing

Therabill was not as advanced and efficient as Kareo

Tiffany from The Speech Emporium

Kareo

It has been very good

Pros

It is very easy to use on a daily basis.

Cons

We have had some issues with the help feature after new updates but, for the most part that gets taken care of in a timely manner.

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Billing

Needed an easier system with a lager capability