Browse NovaPACS Reviews

james from Watts Healthcare Corporation

Happy NovaPACS User

We have solved our problem with image storage and access. Customer service and tech support are excellent. They are timely in their response to technical issues.

Pros

Image management, Patient portal, Diagnostic tools, Support is great.

Cons

Additional cost for add-ons. at the time of purchase, there was no mobile access

Reasons for Choosing NovaPACS

The sales team is great and it was the right choice for our organization.

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're glad you're having a great experience! We've got a lot of mobile capabilities these days, so I'll make sure your sales person touches base with you. Thanks again for your support!

Todd from Nevada Rural Hospital Partners

NRHP

Support is top notch

Pros

Integration into existing PACS solutions, we utilize this software as a multi tenant archive to onsite PACS.

Cons

Separate PACS/RIS modules not tightly integrated

Reasons for Switching to NovaPACS

Functionality and ability to run in a VM environment

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review for NovaPACS! We're glad you're having a great experience! Please know that even tighter integration between NovaPACS and Nova RIS is on our roadmap. Watch for updates in our monthly customer newsletter. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to be of further assistance!

David from California Medical Imaging

consistently disappointing

Meh.

Pros

Easy enough to use. Overall less costly than most PACs systems.

Cons

PACs / RIS updates come with more downgrades with each update. Novarad doesn't seem to test or collaborate with anyone outside of Dr Gibbys center. Novarad as a company is worrying about too many things outside of their main product ie 3d goggles, xray panels, qr code readers. The pacs is subpar. The ris is generations behind everyone else at this point, all while costs increase and our reimbursement decreases. This company doesn't listen to feedback so why I am writing a review I don't know. Also, we can't accurately track data. Looking forward to implementing a new pacs/ris by 2022.

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! It really is important to us and I will be having our Director of Product and VP of customer success reach out to you ASAP.

Mary from Arcadia MRI & Imaging Center

Review of NovaPACS

NovaPACS has helped us maintain a good working relationship with our referring physicians, especially their ability to download the reports the same or next day for their patients. Any service issues that come up from time to time are handled very quickly, and it is always easy to get a hold of the technical staff by phone. I am not a technical person, and they explain things very well and are very patient.

Pros

Easy to use - I work with the referring physicians who request access to our PACS, and it is easy to show them the functions and many of them have said how much easier it is to use than other PACS systems they have used. Our installations and upgrades by NovaPACS have been well planned and have gone according to plan. They are very detailed in letting us know the steps and execution is seamless.

Cons

The only complaint we get from our remote uses is that it is only used on Internet Explorer and many have Chrome as their default browser. We are not the only one that requires IE, however, and it is the large hospital integration that also uses IE, so it is not that big of a problem.

Reasons for Choosing NovaPACS

We chose NovaPACS on the recommendation of our Computer Software technical company.

Reasons for Switching to NovaPACS

There were some limitations in the other system, including hooking up referring physicians.

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Mary! We're glad your'e having a great experience and are willing to share that with others! Please do let us know if there's anything else we can do to serve you!

Philip from Premier Medical

Has come a long way

Novapacs has come a long way. While I think they have a ways to go before I could give them a perfect score they are definitely on track to that. Amazing improvement. They have really turned things around and should be proud of their hard work. I have gone from calling support daily to not being able to remember the last time I spoke to my support team. The support engineers are terrific. Definite improvement and I sincerely hope they know that their work is appreciated

Pros

Look, layouts, previously observed functionality The support engineers are great!!

Cons

In the beginning the service / connectivity was not reliable. Communication about system wide issues was non existent, explanations were non existent, obvious lack of input from people with clinical experience / obviously only spoke to the doctors and not the technologists

Reasons for Choosing NovaPACS

Recommended by a local colleague

More features

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for the great feedback, Phil! We're glad you're seeing the improvements and appreciate your business! Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need anything!

John from Jackson Hospital

Better than ImageLink PACS system

Overall, I'm happy with the system as a PACS Admin( I have only used one other system), but I'm constantly reminded by the radiologists that it's not as good as other systems they've used.

Pros

As a PACS admin, I'm able to do more of my own corrections than our previous PACS system.

Cons

The number one complaint, of the 8 radiologists that have used our NovaPACS system is that they can't seem to get the hanging protocols they way they want them; even after having the applications specialist onsite multiple times. The CD images are burned in a format that isn't compatible with a lot of other PACS systems and I get to hear those complaints regularly from other facilities.

Reasons for Choosing NovaPACS

I'm assuming the lower price, but that decision was made by our administration(CEO, CFO).

Reasons for Switching to NovaPACS

The contracted radiologists were very unhappy with ImageLink PACS and demanded we find a different system.

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Hi John and thanks for giving us this great feedback. Someone from our customer success team will be reaching out to you (if they haven't already) to see what we can do about fixing that #1 complaint! WE appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback!

DUANE from San Joaquin Imaging

Product Feedback

Overall, NovaPACS have performed well and has provided us with everything we need in an image archive and management system. We are very satisfied.

Pros

The Novarad software is easy to learn and use. It offers all of the features that we need in an Imaging Practice and has been reliable.

Cons

I would like to see less downtime events; although many of them are quick to be resolved. Most recently, our system was inoperable due to a licensing issue. I think that these things should be caught before they occur through internal monitoring.

Cost savings

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review for us, Duane! So glad you're having a good experience with NovaPACS. I will pass your comments about the downtime to our customer success team. They may want to follow up with you! Thanks again!

Reo from Comprehensive Radiology Services

Best customer service in the industry.

I really appreciate the customer service. They provide the most responsive and professional helpdesk organization I have experienced in 40 years of IT. The PACS works across slower WAN links that simply won't work with other PACS products we use. (GE, Fuji and Mckesson/Change). Some of the product flaws are irritating to radiologists and are not fixed in a timely manner. At the hospital level, most of our clients do not see these flaws.

Pros

Works for our hospitals with less-than-optimal bandwidth available. It is priced very competively and they don't "nickel and dime" you after you make the purchase.

Cons

There are software bugs that persist across several versions.

Cost & bandwidth.

Reasons for Switching to NovaPACS

Cost and the bandwidth available to our rural hospitals ruled out Fuji Synapse and Mckesson. IntelliRad was much more expensive.

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us, Reo. We're glad you're having a great experience but I will be sure to pass along the feedback for improvement! Our support team will appreciate your thoughts on their organization!

Tim from EvergreenHealth Monroe

NovaRad Experience

Pros

Ease of use for end users and simplicity of management has been a wonderful with NovaRad.

Cons

Would like to see better customer service when reaching out for vendor support.

Reasons for Choosing NovaPACS

We looked at several alternatives PACS solutions however NovaRad was able to meet the budget requirements

Reasons for Switching to NovaPACS

Shift from an expensive Imaging platform when moving to a new EMR

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Tim. We're glad you're having a great experience with NovaPACS. Would love to know more about your experience with support since that's where we usually get our highest marks! Please feel free to send additional feedback to me at sherry.arnold@novarad.net. Thanks!

Patrick from Saunders Medical Center

Imaging Services Manager

Excellent

Pros

Unprecedented technical support from the NovaPacs team, user friendly product

Cons

Not real fond of the CryptoPacs software for importing outside facility image sharring

Recommended by a colleague

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for the great review about NovaPACS, Patrick! We're glad you're having a great experience. Sound like that as an early adopter of CryptoChart, you've had some struggles. Things have really improved, so I'll have someone reach out and see if there's something we can do to help you be more successful. Expect a call soon!

ELISSA from BLUEWATER IMAGING

Good product

Customer service are mostly prompt, most technical issues are taken care of. Training is great.

Pros

Easy login and filter information, shows patients' previous exams.

Cons

cryptocharts, it would be nice if upgrades came with instructions, slow at times to merge, and difficult to unmerge with last update. it would be great to have the admin and viewer as one software

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for your feedback, Elissa! We're glad your'e having a great experience with NovaPACS and see that you're having some issues with another product - CryptoChart. Our Director of Product will be reaching out to you shortly to understand the issues a bit better! Thanks again!

karen from rooks county Health Center

Simple and easy to use

Overall, it is easy to use and gets the job done for a Critical Access Hospital.

Pros

Easy to use for the user and administrator

Cons

I'm sure there are additional bells and whistles we should have access to but don't. Not certain if that is on facility IT or NovaPacs

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for the nice review, Karen! We appreciate the feedback. I'll make sure your account exec gets back to you with info on the upcoming user group. I think it would be great to learn more about the "bells and whistles".

KASYN from Lane County Hospital

Functional / Easy to use PACS unit

Overall the product is great but I think the thing that makes NovaPACS stand out above the rest is its customer support. The Service team does a great job helping you get problems resolved in a quick and timely manner.

Pros

Easy to use. Not a lot of bells and whistles but functional for smaller facilities.

Cons

Some tools like measuring are challenging to use compared to other venders.

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback. I will have someone from our product team reach out to you for more detail on the tools you're struggling with. Will be good to figure out if they're product or training issues so we can get you on the right track with them!

Lauren from IROQUOIS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL

IMH Review

I have not had any major problems with NovaPACS. When I do have problems, the support team is right there to assist to get it resolved in a timely manner.

Pros

I love the hot key shortcuts along with the radial mouse options to have all your options at your fingertips.

Cons

notifications about updates/bugs. If you are not on their portal regularly you may miss something

Reasons for Choosing NovaPACS

I was not involved in that process.

Reasons for Switching to NovaPACS

No updates to the poor functionality in the 6 years we had them.

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for the great review, Lauren! We are glad you're having a great experience and appreciate your feedback. Look for some great updates to our customer portal coming soon. Getting info will be much easier Thanks again!

Jonathan from POA

Accessibility

Quite happy with the services provided.

Pros

As an orthopaedic surgeon, we need to be able to review radiographs, CT scan, MRI and diagnostic tests. Both for our own patients and opinion referrals. With good connectivity, all diagnostics can be accurately reviewed anywhere with a mobile phone, tablet or laptops.

Cons

Distant site evaluation of radiographic tests may not be available, especially when using iOS devices.

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for NovaPACS. We're glad you're having a great experience. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to make your experience even better!

kevin from Primary Health Medical Group

A review from a Tech's perspective

Its the primary system I utilize and find it effective and functional. I have no real complaints.

Pros

Quick and easy to use viewing software. I don't have any real complaints, overall very good viewing application.

Cons

I don't have any complaints. The issues I experience are related to Nova Pacs communicating with outside networks. These issues aren't related to Nova Pacs specifically and is a global system issue.

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for NovaPACS, Kevin. So glad you're having a great experience! Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to serve you!

KARLA from Boise Radiology Group

NovaRad

Overall, positive. We have excellent support from a local company when needed. We have several workstations, used every day, and they meet our needs for reading our rural sites.

Pros

Intuitive PACS option; easy worklist to view.

Cons

There can be glitches; the NovaRIS isn't very adaptable or intuitive.

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Karla! We are glad you're having a good experience with NovaPACS. Keep your eyes open for updates on Nova RIS. Lots of great stuff coming! Watch for updates in the newsletter, quarterly roadmap meetings, etc.

Debbie from Hanover Hospital

Novapacs Software Review

Pros

When I started working at this clinic the software was here and I haven't used anything else. I am not a technology oriented person and I can do what I need to do so I would say it's user friendly.

Cons

I haven't used any different types of software so I don't have any comment on what I do not like about this software. I haven't had any problems with the software.

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Debbie. We're glad you're having a great experience with NovaPACS. I see you are a newer user, so keep your eyes open for the upcoming user group conference. I'm sure you would really benefit from attending!

John from NY Orthopedics

NY Orthopedics

When the system works it is a pleasant experience. When the system goes down it is difficult to navigate the job properly

Pros

The clarity of the photos that are taken and appear on the screen

Cons

The times that the images are not transferred over from X-ray to the computers

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us, John! We are glad you're having a good experience and appreciate your feedback, which will be used to improve our products and services!

Penny from Osborne County Memorial Hospital

Review of NovaPACS

Overall, NovaPACS is an effective tool to get images from the technologists to the practitioners.

Pros

The software is easy to use. The interface functions as expected.

Cons

Some of the measuring features can be a bit difficult to use.

Response from Novarad

Replied June 2021

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us, Penny. We're glad you're having a great experience with NovaPACS. Please let us know if there's anything we can do for you to help you be more successful!

Julie from Paulding County Hospital

NovaPACS

Pros

Patient folders, easy to view all previous exams.

Cons

Correcting any "errors", only available for admin or a phone call to support.

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for your feedback, Julie! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. FYI - We have added admin console features to our viewer such as patient merge and scanning documents. I'm going to ask your sales rep to reach out and make sure you've got what you need. Thanks!

Lacie from Ohio Valley Surgical Hosptial

review

great system!

Pros

Easy to use! Very tech and Radiologist friendly!

Cons

wish the diagnostic viewer and admin console had the same features/tools

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for writing a review for us, Lacie! We're glad you're having a great experience with NovaPACS. I'm going to ask your rep to reach out to you about some of the features/tools that have been added that you may not be aware of. Thanks again!

Tabitha from MChd

Radiology Supervisor

Great experience

Pros

User friendly and great customer service

Cons

No complaints, this pacs is very easy to use

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for NovaPACS. We're glad you're having a great experience! Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Larry from McCamey County Hospital District

Great product and vendor

Pros

Easy to use and maintain. Vendor support is great.

Cons

I cannot think of a single con at this time.

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Larry. We're so glad you're havng a great experience with NovaPACS. Please do let us know if there's anything else we can do to help!

Michael from Concord Radiology

Review for NovaPACS

Very good experience, customer service is great and very quick to respond.

Pros

Features, support, ease of use, and willingness to help

Cons

Missing some reporting functions that we would like to see.

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for taking some time to write a review, Michael! We appreciate the feedback. Someone will reach out to you to understand the reporting features you're hoping for. Thanks again!

Carynn from Battle Mountain General Hospital

Disappointed

It was disappointing because it takes longer to get images to the radiologist. It takes a ridiculous amount of time to burn a CD. Forget about editing any information on a study with a lot of images like CT/MRI because it will take over 20 min and most times comes back with an error and you have to start over. You can't perform any other function while it is trying to edit or burn a CD. That ties a person up from doing anything else. I already addressed these issues with NovaRad but there is no resolution for these issues.

Pros

I don't see anything that was an improvement over the last PACS we were using, but it was more expensive than what we were using before.

Cons

I listed my biggest irritations with my overall experience response.

Reasons for Switching to NovaPACS

Medweb didn't have an interface with Athena and they wanted to use Athena.

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. Your opinion is very important to us and we will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss your concerns. Thanks again!

david from John C Fremont Healthcare District

JCF

My overall experience with Novarad has been a cyclic one as it varies from one institution to the next. Novarad is in this industry for quite sometime and I do believe it should have by now been able to outclass all players in this field

Pros

The ability to use the software from anywhere via the internet

Cons

The software is not keeping a pace with other players in the field for example launching image transfer from within the browser ,along with the ability to effect transfer via encrypted emails.

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! Your feedback is very important to us. I will be reaching out and introducing you to our Director of Product, who will be very interested in learning more about your concerns. Thanks again!

Ingrid from New England Orthopedic Specialists

Viewing stations

Technologist are always helpful when I need assistance with software/hardware

Pros

Ease of opening and viewing images. Changes in admin are confusing but navigating new changes well. This is an Orthopedic office that does not utilize a lot of the options Novarad may offer. Physicians use as viewing stations in the office, some use the web browser for templating.

Cons

Gateway / system crashes or a lot of error messages

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Ingrid! We appreciate the feedback and will be reaching out to you shortly. Expect a call from our customer success or as well as your sales rep. You may want to consider NovaOrtho.

Pete from GRAHAM COUNTY HOSPITAL

Small town hospital

They are feverishly working with me to resolve this issue.

Pros

Relatively easy and very user friendly system

Cons

We were unbenounced to me still functioning with a clinical server verses a hospital server. This caused a crash at the most inappropriate time. This cause several calls from me to finally get to the meat of the matter. It took almost 2 yrs to figure out the issues that stemmed back to the server.

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for taking some time to write a review on NovaPACS. I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues but glad you feel we are being responsive. I will notify our VP of Customer Success to be sure he's aware and able to help. Thanks again!

Nathan from VALLEY SPRINGS HEALTH AND WELLNESS

Great Software

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive, great support with any problem that arrises

Cons

None. I think this product is fantastic and would recommend to any practice in need.

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Nathan! Glad you're having a great experience with NovaPACS! Please do let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you!

Jen from Burgess Health Center

Buyers remorse.....

Pros

Not much good to say.... I guess easy to verify a study as complete IF everything is correct.

Cons

Double the work to correct files. Have to fix on the back end and front end. Don’t understand why when an issue is resolved it doesn’t fix it on both ends. They want providers to use the light version but missing so many tools for providers. System is slow. Some images stack others don’t. Doesn’t pull priors for comparison correctly all the time.

Reasons for Choosing NovaPACS

I was forced to pick mainly from lesser price tag and Nova maintains they system versus our IT dept

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Hi Jen. Thanks for the feedback. I will be passing your info along to our VP of customer success and your sales rep so we can see what we can do ASAP to get you back on track. Your feedback is important and we take it seriously because in order for us to be successful, you have to be successful! We'll be in touch soon.

William from Ashe Memorial Hospital

NovaRad

Decent product, with bad customer support

Pros

Seemingly a modern solution, with frequent updates

Cons

Customer support is horrible. Often unable to get timely updates on open issues.

Response from Novarad

Replied June 2021

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback, William. I'm sorry to hear you've been so frustrated with support. Because we usually receive high marks for our support, I checked into this. It looks like your issues have been around the need to upgrade your storage and that process is currently underway. Please do reach out and let us know how else we might be able to serve you. Your complete satisfaction is important to us!

Claudia from AGH

PACS Survey

Overall, it has been as any other PACS system that I've used

Pros

I like the free training it provides to employees.

Cons

It can be overwhelming at times with so many features. Our radiologist seem to have issues with it.

Response from Novarad

Replied May 2021

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for NovaPACS. I see that you have felt the system can be overwhelming at times. Please watch for details on our upcoming user group in our monthly newsletter! The classes offered are a great resource and should help with that! Please be sure to let us know how else we can help!