Browse Office Practicum Reviews

"This EMR was designed by a pediatrician, and works beautifully for the way pediatricians practice.

Pros

Simply the best and most comprehensive features available anywhere, OP  comes loaded with over 200 pediatric-specific "sick visit' templates, immunization forecasting, electronic school and camp forms along with pediatric developmental assessments, surveys and disease-specific action plans. I've used OP for 16 years, and can say with confidence that  it is designed specifically for pediatrics , with tools pediatricians need to both keep kids healthy and improve quality of care."

Cons

Hands down the best of the best for pediatric offices. OP is so user friendly and works around your practice.

Theresa from Dr. Anne Pediatrics

Well Thought Out EMR

Overall, Office Practicum works great for our office. We have been able to streamline our clinical and office processes and actively engage our patients. This has resulted in increased visits to our office which definitely affects the bottom line. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] actively engages OP users and helps us with industry questions and updates to OP. The Managers ListServ has also been a wealth of information and finally OP has one of the best customer service teams I have worked with. They are knowledgeable, easy to reach and can resolve questions/solve problems in one contact. I enjoy working with this product, and know you will too!

Pros

This EMR is very user friendly and helped us streamline our work processes. The layout is very easy to navigate and like everything from the charting to the billing functions, including the clearinghouse and patient bill pay to the the referral process, the integrated lab and immunization registry capabilities and the ability to engage our patients/parents in their care via the Patient Portal. I also really like the vaccine management capabilities. This has helped us manage our vaccine inventory. I love the robust reporting capabilities and the ability to do appointment recalls. Everything is pretty seamless and helps us focus on patient care and engaging our patients.

Cons

The thing I liked least which I imagine is the case with most EMRs, is the inability to be able to communicate electronically with other providers who do not have a Direct e-mail address.

Reasons for Choosing Office Practicum

It was Pediatric specific and we liked the functionality and the layout better and that it included functionality that would help us document and meet Meaningful Use.

Reasons for Switching to Office Practicum

Needed more functionality and liked that Office Practicum was Pediatric Specific and had a well thought out product with great features

Charles from Charles R. McCormick, MD

Perfect for those who are entranced with fussing with bells and whistles

While my own program was 90% designed to be useful and friendly for me, and 10% useful for outsiders, I realized that OP was designed to be 1/3 useful to me, 1/3 useful to the bean counters, and 1/3 useful to lawyers and government statisticians., and consequently, it is simply not very user friendly. When there is a complex issue to be documented in the medical record, I elect not to try to use a template, but rather sit down at my desk and use Dragon Naturally Speaking to write a lengthy text note describing what is really important for my patient. I use a generic lab requisition for the several labs to which I may send patients, and I use the X-ray requisitions provided by the several radiology groups when I need imaging rather than trying to use the requisitions internal to OP. It is simpler and faster.

Pros

When I first purchased a license for an older version, I noted that the pediatrician/originator was married to the designer/programmer, and having engaged in an emr design process years earlier assumed that there would be a logical, fluid flow to the program. It was OK, but not close to what I had designed years before for myself. As I became more aware of the short-comings and complexity of an emr that would fulfill the fed's meaningful use criteria, I became frustrated. Well child templates for younger kids do work well, but data entry for anything not routine is cumbersome.

Cons

The program in its many subsequent iterations, tweaks and upgrades has become gratuitously complex and fussy with rather erratic logical flow, non-ergonomic positioning of buttons that could/should have been effectively arranged and color coded, unnecessary shifting of positions and redesigns of working fields and enough ongoing problems to require such frequent calls to OP help that we are now on a first name basis.

Reasons for Choosing Office Practicum

I assumed that a practicing pediatrician would design a logical system, but that was limited by the federal meaningful use strictures. Programmers now seem to be disconnected from users.

Reasons for Switching to Office Practicum

I thought that a federally approved emr would be required in the near future and federal dollars were offered to make a switch. I was happy with my previous emr, but did not think it could survive into the future at that time.

DEB from PEDIATRIC PARTNERS, LLC

BILLING MANAGER

THE SOFTWARE IS VERY USER FRIENDLY BUT OF EVEN GREATER IMPORTENCE IS THE STAFF. THEY ARE ALWAYS FRIENDLY, AMAZINGLY CAPABLE & READY TO HELP! THAT IF OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE TO ME WITH ANY COMPANY/PERSON WITH WHOM I DEAL. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND OFFICE PRACTICUM TO ANY MEDICAL PRACTICE LOOKING FOR A USER FRIENDLY SYSTEM THAT IS EASY TO CONVERT (OP HANDLED THAT, AS WELL!), FEATURES ARE VERY WELL LAID OUT & AN ALWAYS-AT-THE-READY CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT!

Pros

REPORTS ARE EXCELLENT & ALWAYS EVOLVING-THE IMPLEMENTATION TEAM ACTUALLY LISTENS & TAKES STOCK IN USERS CONCERNS & NEEDS & WILL WORK TO IMPROVE THE FEATURE! ALL REPS ARE EXCEPTIONALLY WELL TRAINED & CAN USUSALLY SOLVE ANY ISSUE WITH JUST A PHONE CALL! THEY TAKE THE TIME TO ACCESS THE SYSTEM THRU A BUILT-IN PORTAL TO SEE THE PROBLEM WE'RE HAVING & SHOW US HOW TO FIX! OP HAS CUSTOMIZED SO MANY FEATURES SPECIFICALLY FOR OUR PRACTICE & THAT MAKES INCOME INCREASE! ALWAYS THE BOTTOM LINE!

Cons

COULD CONTAIN A BETTER ACCOUNTING SYSTEM. WHILE IT IS EASY TO ENTER CHARGES & POST INSURANCE & PATIENT PAYMENTS IT IS NOT QUICK BOOKS!! THE DATA IS ALWAYS THERE & CORRECT BUT SOMETIMES THE METHODS ARE 'CLUNKY'. YOU JUST HAVE TO KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR.

ALL ANSWERS GIVEN ABOVE

Reasons for Switching to Office Practicum

NEEDED MORE FUNCTIONALITY WITH CHANGES IN MEDICINE CONSTANTLY OCCURING. OP HAS 6 PROVIDER SPECIFIC REFERENCE AREAS SUCH AS AAP RED BOOK, PDR, PEDIATRIC PATIENT EDUCATION, ETC. ALL WITH ONLINE INTERNAL LINKS WHICH ALL 26 RPOVIDERS DEMANDED.

Suzanne from McKinney ABC Pediatrics

Office Practicum delivers

This overall is a great program.

Pros

This is a pediatric software. The designers have built-in designs that are tailored to meet the demands of many pediatric offices. As times and requirements from multiple agencies change, the designers are quick to meet these new challenges. It is easy to use. We have trained new doctors, nurses, front office with no problems. It also has ways to keep confidentiality matters under control. We are able to do everything that we need to do on the software. The designers are prompt to handle problems and prompt to respond to new requirements including requirements, it seems, from the state level for each of the states. We also use the program for billing purposes, and have had no problems with the billing end of things. You can have your own design features added easily and make your own templates for almost everything. Plus, making templates is very user-friendly

Cons

Some of the things we need to do on the software comes at an additional price. For example, if you want to be storing on the cloud or you want the software to send emails of upcoming appointments to patients. Sometimes there are a lot of clicks that seem could be decreased. Extra clicks is time consuming. There are other things that could improve workflow as well which would also improve time consumption.

Honest OP review

We have used OP for five years. I have never been this unhappy with any software. Customer service is nonexistent. There are never fixes to anything yet they continue to push upgrades that end up causing more problems. You pay for a product that does not work. This is the worst EMR I have ever used.

Pros

Absolutely nothing. I have nothing positive to say about OP

Cons

Everything. This is by far the worst EMR I have ever used.

Reasons for Choosing Office Practicum

The option for cloud based services.

Reasons for Switching to Office Practicum

The owner of our practice wanted a pediatric specific EMR

Gale from Kevin B. Norowitz MD

Pediatric Bliss

I have been using OP for about 20 years now and have watched it grow and change like any child from infancy to adulthood, and this program has matured to an invaluable tool for pediatric practices across the country.

Pros

This is one of the easiest programs I have ever used. The point and click on most screens has made a computer dummy like me a genius when it comes to doing my job, or even helping out in areas of the program that are not in my every day job description. Entering payment, doing diagnostic testing in house or sent out to the lab, exam notes and prescriptions have become easier and quicker plus more legible. The program helps track tasks which need to be done when children come in for visits so nothing can be forgotten, vaccines history is available so appointments can be made within the correct time frame to the child to receive them so visits are not lost on early scheduling. This program, if used to it's fullest potential can be a doctors' dream come true.

Cons

There are very few cons to this program, but with all computer generated software, there is the occasional update that doesn't go well. When that happens, support at OP is usually on top of it and a fix is done asap, after all computers are only as good as the programmer and we are all human.

Debbie from Woods Mill Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, LLC

Great for Pediatric Practices

The pre training was great!

Pros

IT is extremely pediatric friendly, There is a lot of good support.There is a support staff that you can reach through telephone, email or chat along with a list serve with a lo of other offices to so how every one does things or is there is an easier way then what you are doing. The software is very user friendly and the report modules are great. We have not even used all that is available such as the MU product and the Portal which I have heard are good too. Yesaly conferences are a great way to meet others on the program and have great classes to pick up new ideas and learn of changes.

Cons

Billing reports were a little harder to get used to. Our billing person has no problem but did take a little training.

WENDY from SCOTTSDALE PEDIATRIC CENER

PEDS EHR

OVERALL POSITIVE-

Pros

EXCELLENT FOR PEDIATRICIANS TO UTILIZE. SUPPORT SYSTEM WORKS WELL. KEEPS US UP TO DATE ON BILLING CHANGES. MEETING WITH BILLING DEPARTMENT HAS BEEN VERY HELPFUL

Cons

TOO EXPENSIVE !! OTHER PRACTICES WE KNOW HAVE LEFT DUE TO COST OF OP

Kathy from Pediatric Associates of Western CT

August 2014

The more prep work you do prior to going live, the better you are!

Pros

It's pediatric-specific. I love the charge entry and the scrubbing part of it for billing. Messaging is great. It's a robust system.

Cons

It will definitely take your physicians much longer to do their job. Electronic is not quicker. Don't shortchange yourself with training and e-learning time in advance. Scanning paper, having consults, and creating legacies are tedious and a lot of work. We're still trying to work on this process. With paper, the providers could glance at it quickly and sign off on it. Now, you have to scroll down through everything, and it's a much longer process. Physicians are still spending additional time (hours) in the evenings doing messages and reviewing their scans. Billing statements are not user-friendly. They are hard to understand and explain to a patient. There's too much detail on them. There's no training on the upgrades. You have to figure them out yourself.

Amy from SUNY Downstate Medical Center

OP review

Overall, my second favorite EMR system in all of my clinics. It's a little dated, but still easy to use.

Pros

I use OP for one of my clinics. It's somewhat dated and not the easiest to use, but it's more tolerable than some of the older software. The patient chart is organized into logical categories, just like Epic - Medications section where you fill out prescriptions, Allergies, etc. Billing is a breeze.

Cons

I would personally have combined the Allergies, PMH, and Problems section together so there's less clicks. Like all EMRs, there's a lot of unnecessary clicking involved, but it's not too bad.

Mary from Southwest Pediatrics INC

Excellent...

Pros

OP has been the best product for pediatrics. It really helps to have someone in the field such as Dr. Kressley, that understands how and what is needed from the provider level to the scanner level. Our documentation has improved as well as our vaccine counts. OP is always upgrading to get the most usage out of OP. The PM side has improved over the last 2 years. They bring us to their conference, teach us new and exciting things and not to mention they feed us well.

Cons

Slowness. This is a big issue for our office on Monday's when we are trying to schedule 6 providers. It's a known glitch with 14 but I'm sure this will be resolved as well.

Sue from Downers Grove Pediatrics

Office Practicum

We have been using OP for almost 4 years and we are very happy with it. We did a lot of research before we chose OP and we are glad we chose this product. OP is very "user" friendly for pediatricians; whereas, the other products out there were not. This made the transition for paper charts to EMR a much smoother process than we anticipated. No regrets!!!

Pros

Ease of use. Support at OP is fabulous...very quick to respond and solve issues.

Cons

Not happy with the speed of retrieving messages. wish it were quicker. Not sure if this is just our system or a glitch with OP. OP is looking into it.

Fred from Bainbridge Pediatrics

Review of Office Practicum - Pediatric EMR

Pros

1) OP is designed specifically for outpatient pediatrics and thus is the best pediatric EMR on the market. 2) Best Immunization algorithm and always quickly updated to reflect ACIP recommendations. 3) Have found support very responsive and continued improvements on support response as OP has grown

Cons

Challenges with integration to hospital based systems / clinically integrated networks, but I don't think this is unique to OP and is something that OP is working on.

Courtney from Northwest Pediatrics

Inconsistent EMR

Absolutely horrible. I wish I could say different, but we constantly struggle to get help with this product from customer support and it takes months on end to get answers.

Pros

Scheduling was useful and so was the messaging system within OP

Cons

Customer Support was absolutely terrible. Random updates are made daily without knowledge, and effect a lot of capabilities within OP

Pediatric Specific

Reasons for Switching to Office Practicum

This product was marketed to us as a pediatric speciality EMR

Courtney from Cholla Pediatrics

Office Practicum

Pros

The fact it is pediatrics specific! Most EHR's don't specialize in just one specialty and when changes are needed that becomes a bit difficult. That is not the case with OP. If a new vaccine comes out OP is on it and there is no leeway time for them to get the new information uploaded into the system. Their entire focus is making the best PEDIATRIC EHR system.

Cons

It would be nice if it was written in the initial contract & price to have a trainer come onsite after years 1, 2, 5 & 10 (of implementation) to do an analysis on how the software is being utilized and ways to become more efficient.

Antoinette from McComb Children's Clinic

RUN, DON’t Walk!! Look elsewhere for an EMR!

Awful!! Implementation was difficult. There was a lot of work we had to do after hours to get up & running. We currently cannot find anyone at OP who is able to help our current billing situation. Many have tried but cannot find a solution. The system is glitchy. It will often shutdown or put go into an endless loop.

Pros

We switched from Greenway to Office Practicum 11 months ago. THE only thing I like about this product is the integrated vaccine inventory management. But even that has some glitches.

Cons

The PM side is not functional. We accept Medicaid & 2° insurance & this system cannot handle payments we receive from Medicaid. The aging report is useless. No integrated fax solution. Reports are not intuitive & difficult to figure out.

Reasons for Choosing Office Practicum

Pricing was too high for what was offered.

Reasons for Switching to Office Practicum

We were going to have to switch from PrimeSuite to another Greenway product. There were some legal issues on Greenway’s side so we thought it was a good time to switch. Big mistake!

David from VIPediatrics, PC

Far and Away the BEST EHR for Pediatrics

Pros

The product itself is incredible. I have been using it for over 11 years and am still thrilled with it! The updates are quick and the support is extremely helpful. As it is a Pediatric specific EHR, it is ALWAYS up to date with all the latest recommendations. I absolutely LOVE it!

Cons

Not really a criticism of Connexin software specifically, but I was used to the way things were when I first purchased it, You pay for the software, and get everything. Not a huge fan of now having to pay extra for all the additional "modules" but this is the way ALL software companies seem to be now.

Sandy from tanque verde peds

OP is a great pediatric EMR!

The portal is a great way to communicate with parents, save A LOT of paper and allow parents/patients to access their own medical records. It has saved us man-power hours and a ton of hassle. A great feature!

Pros

To have an EMR that specifically is tailored to pediatrics is key. The responsiveness of the OP staff, all the way up to the CEO, to their clients is unprecedented and so appreciated. We don't even use some of the features (yet) and we are so happy. It has made billing more efficient, chart documentation more complete and appropriate and has helped our practice immensely. We would highly recommend it for any peds practice!

Cons

The scan review feature needs tweaking - it takes a few clicks to go through scans. But even that is better than the paper system that we used prior.

Stephanie from Downers Grove Pediatrics

A Program Catered to Your Practice

Pros

I love that OP is for pediatric practices only, so the focus is solely on ways to help our office function better. The program is easy to use and is constantly being updated with new features.

Cons

Occasionally, updates are released too quickly or without being tested and they may contain glitches which cause temporary issues.

Jeffrey from Kindercare Pediatrics

Robust pediatric software

Pros

Extremely robust, functionality includes everything a pediatric office would ever need. Emphasis on pediatric specifics including weight based drug dosing, growth charts, and immunizations.

Cons

It is so complex that it is difficult to learn how to use all the modules, and to teach it all to staff

Debbie from Woods Mill Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, LLC

Office Practicum is really a user friendly EHR!

Pros

I like that it is user friendly and it is specifically pediatric based. The support has been good however busy at times. I love the great tips and helpfulness from our rep, from the physician listserv and the conference. I feel like the software makes it easy to keep track of what you have outstanding and to follow up on messages, labs, superbills, etc.

Cons

I do think it is hard sometimes to get the support on more involved issues. When I call for something simple (to IT but not to me) the are quick to get it fixed but when I have a long standing issue I feel like I don't hear back for awhile. That being said I can usually get help when needed.

Susan from Pediatric Associates of Fairfield

Pediatric friendly software.

Pros

Customizable to your practice. Easy to train new employees. User friendly by our large office no matter their computer experience.

Cons

Printing is sometimes a hassle due to process of it sending to a webpage. Sometimes the report building isn’t as easy as it could be.

February 2014

Susan from Kressly Pediatrics

February 2014

The value of Office Practicum to a pediatrician

Pros

Office Practicum thinks like a pediatrician. They understand that taking care of children is inherently different than taking care of adult patients and they focus on things like vaccines, growth charts, adolescent confidentiality, well visits - things that are at the core of what pediatricians do every day. In addition, the vendor has created a virtual community of pediatricians who use the product and collaborate with each other to make use of the software even more valuable.

Cons

It's not really the vendor's fault, but so many outside regulatory changes including Meaningful Use and ICD-10 have no real value to practicing pediatricians, especially since at least 50% of us don't qualify for any MU funding. Sometimes the need to keep up with external regulations has necessitated slower incorporation of functionality that pediatric users want included to push the envelope.

June 2015

Wayne from Midland Pediatric Associates

June 2015

Best EMR that we have used to date

Pros

Our office has previously used 2 other EMR's and I have used 2 other and by far this is the most intuitve and easy to use EMR on the market. Easy to use and allows for work flow to be easy. Thinks the way pediatricains think. Can see where patient is in system from check in to check out Financial reports easy to use and find out what you need Easy to enter and keep inventory of vaccines

Cons

When you want to fine tune forms the process is very labor intensive. However this system allows you to fine tune any report you want once you learn the system.

Lisa from HARBOR PEDIATRICS

Nursing and vaccines

OP doesn't forget about their clients!!

Pros

Simplicity of learning use of system and ease of building on knowledge acquired while using system.

Cons

I really get frustrated with updates that at times are not fixed to problems and each year when putting in new flu vaccine.

June 2016

Dolly from Torresdale Pediatrics

June 2016

OFFICE PRACTICUM and YOU

Pros

I am very happy with the way questions are responded to. The politeness and help from the employees for hardware and software. Once you get into the swing of OP it does a lot of streamlining your work.

Cons

I would like the rejections on bills to be more clearly telling a story about what happened. Each rejection should be clearly stated in each claim. I would like to add on procedures to an existing bill when necessary. I would like to not have a hard time tracing back credits and applying credits to accounts

Cecile from Pediatric Partners of the Southwest

OP Pediatric EHR review

Pros

Our 12-provider pediatric practice likes the fact the EHR is for pediatrics only. We have been with OP for nine years. The ability to tailor your EHR to pediatrics and teens clinically is truly amazing. The OP culture is committed to best practices and incredibly open to feedback. They are always innovative and working to stay current with all the regulatory changes that impact pediatric practices: Meaningful Use, e-prescribing, HIEs, etc. I have never seen a company invite so much feedback in the spirit of change! Their medical director hands out her personal email on the blog all the time!

Cons

There have been so many changes for all EHRs in the last several years that OP can struggle, like the rest of us, to keep up and have products ready when they think they will come out. That said, I think they have become much wiser about how long it will take to be truly ready and more fully beta test before upgrades are released. The Practice Management side is not as strong as the clinical side, but new releases are addressing these issues.

Jennifer from Ormond Pediatrics.

Horrible. You will Loose money!

None. I really like VERY VERY little about this software.

Pros

I do like the fact that you can drag and drop an appointment on the scheduling screen. That is really about it.

Cons

I HATE the call center for your issues. They LITERALLY never know how to fix a thing. They will close a case without an actual answer. You will get a link to a description of what the report is. Not how to fix an issue. The amount of clicks it takes to get anything printed is absurd. The rx writing is absurd. Your nursing staff should be able to send a refill on a chronic med without an issue but this system makes it impossible. They have LOTS of glitches that they NEVER know how it happened or how to fix it. They will say " well we need to see your work flow to recreate the problem". Its a glitch you can't recreate it. The owner is extremely rude and hard to deal with. We have had this system for 6 months and are still not seeing a good number of patients. The billing portion of this system is a complete nightmare. They have sooooo many places to look for charges and so many reports that are all completely different with completely different information on them that should overlap. I can't warn you enough to STAY AWAY!

October 2014

Corey from The Wolff Center for Child & Adolescent Health, PL

October 2014

Office Practicum pediatric EHR software is a WINNER.

Pros

Unlike most medical EHR and billing software programs, Office Practicum is pediatric specific. It was designed by a pediatrician, and is solely 100% for pediatrics. The result is superior (and always appropriate) templates, great, beautiful growth charting, bright futures handouts build-in and developmental recommendations for specific patient visits. These plus many other characteristics that are so much more robust and appropriate for pediatricians. From sports physicals to vaccines for children, this software has it all, and it is all for pediatrics. Their customer service is superb, and the software itself is user-friendly.

Cons

The cost, pure and simple. But you get what you pay for, and this product is worth it!

Danette from Mercer Island Pediatrics

They have thought of everything

Pros

It does seem the team at OP has thought of everything I would want in an EHR. Very specific to primary care.

Cons

Like all EHR it still takes longer to chart. I am left to put each detail in its bucket. Brain to EHR connection?

Soraia from All Better Pediatric Group

IT WAS GOOD IN THE PAST BUT NOT ANYMORE!

As I said, it is not good anymore. I was one of their clients that loved their software, but lately, in the past 2 years or so, they dropped the ball. It's not time to buy OP. Wait until they get their act together and go back to do a good job the way it was in the past.

Pros

It was good in the past, not anymore. It was the only EMR tailored to Pediatrics at the time. Now there are more options, and you should look into the other options. Their quality went way down.

Cons

They just launched the most horrible patient portal, and we have to use both portal, the old and the new, in order to comply with meaningful use Stage 3! And guess what? They can't migrate the patients from the old portal to the new portal, so EVERY SINGLE patient has to re-register in the new portal! The nightmare is for real. Their support now is really bad! It was really good in the past. It's a shame!!!

Alan from Alan COIT, MD

Great combination of templates and free form notes.

I've had EMR since 2000. This is a well organized company with great support.

Pros

Ease to make templates Work flow Support

Cons

Presently does not have an ability to automatically add a fee to overdue patient accounts.

Robin from Discovery Pediatrics

Office Practicum Review

Pros

This EMR was designed by a pediatrician, and works beautifully for the way pediatricians practice. It incorporates Bright Future guidelines, is very easy to customize and allows for each practitioner to make templates for the way they practice. The company is very responsive to users, and is constantly trying to improve. Highly recommend.

Cons

Using their loaded developmental software adds additional expense Updates sometimes not fully explained prior to release

Stephanie from Downers Grove Pediatrics

August 2016

A great tool for pediatricians everywhere

Pros

The vendor is very helpful and quick to respond with solutions to most issues our office has. The product itself is easy to use and has so many useful tools (like PCMH reports).

Cons

The thing I like the least is the updates. Usually there are great new features, but there is also the occasional glitch that disrupt the workflow until it is resolved.

May 2016

Danette from Mercer Island Pediatrics

May 2016

Pediatric specific EHR

Pros

As a seasoned pediatrician with very little tech savvy, it was important to get an EHR with the most support for pediatric primary care.

Cons

Unfortunately, even OP still requires the user to divide visit notes into each of the buckets of an encounter.....still takes longer than writing the note would take.

PETER from Management Consulting

Medical REcords ok, but the business, reporting and reliability a disaster

Demos are very nice and promised features sound wonderful. Reality is different. Three years in still waiting for promised enhancements with no due date.

Pros

The medical record is adequate and tailored for pediatrics.

Cons

Fragile on the web- promised speeds do not happen Reporting is rudimentary and you must know ancient SQL language to get a report They nickel and dime you for anything you need to meet MU or reporting or other more advanced features. The revenue cycle is 1980's capability and was described exactly that way by the CEO. If going off mainstream software be prepared to add billing and registration staff.

Jeanette from Premier Pediatrics

May 2014

New Practice, New Software, Great combo!

Pros

I respect that OP recognizes that the product is not a done deal upon delivery! The fact that OP is still in the mode of changing is both wonderful and at times frustrating. The fact that OP changes really is far more to our advantage than it is a problem. Allowing for physician/office feedback about their product and working to make the product better while combining all of the changing landscape of medical care is one the greatest advantages! Being pediatric-based is also awesome.

Cons

I would say that a faster turnaround to updates would be nice. The beta testing is needed so that all providers aren't having the same issue, but once the product is ready to roll out, it would be nice if it could be done to everyone at once instead of needing to get on a list.

Kristy from Pediatric Associate of Fairfield

Office Practicum Review

Pros

I like the ability to utilize patient information regardless of which office you're currently at, to communicate from a patient's chart with providers, and to send RXs from a patient's chart.

Cons

After the most recent update, there seems to be difficulty utilizing the RX tab. For example, when you go into medication from a message, you now have to hit the update tab and then edit to renew a script. Extra steps are needed now. Also, you are unable to delete a medication when inside a message. You have to get out of the message, go to the chart, delete the medication, and then go back into message. Also, we have recently had a lot of problems with the program kicking us out every few minutes.

Laura from Southampton Pediatric Associates

Overall we love OP.

Pros

Peds specific. Ease of use in schedule. Extra tools (MU, PCMH), editable reports.

Cons

very little, except sometimes we bring issues to support and they don't take care of it or get back to us with a resolution, or are unable to resolve.

Christine from Long Grove Psych Associates

Industry: Mental Health Care

Office Practicum is a great software for Pediatric Clinics!

Pros

I love that it is pediatric specific. Wonderful templates and great recommendations regarding development for the parents. Customer service is fantastic and the software is user friendly.

Cons

It's pretty expensive.There are some glitches when there are upgrades. The workflow can be a bit cumbersome.

Henry from Pediatric Associates of Montgomery County

OP Evaluation

Pros

Software designed to meet my needs as a pediatrician and the commitment OP has to adapt its product to the changing demands of health care The leadership at OP are top notch individuals

Cons

Most frustrations results from times when OP is down

Rob from All About Kids Pediatrics

OP Reviews

Pros

It is a sophisticated EMR that has quite an in-depth ability to customize and adapt the system to your personal needs. They also have excellent customer service and help lines for resolving issues, as well as an in-depth database for personal research.

Cons

Because the system is so sophisticated, it takes quite a while to learn and become fluent at using the system. Also, it seems they spent a lot of their budget creating cool unique tools and items that never really get used in a day-to-day process. Finally, it feels like a fairly new system that, while getting better and better every day, has had a lot of obvious issues that would had been fixed if the system was as experienced as the office was lead to believe.

Deborah from Palm Beach Pediatrics

May 2015

Easy to edit the templates and make it very practice specific.

Pros

Pediatric specific with embedded Bright Futures features. The vendor is always moving forward with innovation. Seemless conversion to SNOMED> Hopefully, the same for ICD 10!

Cons

Delays, delays, and more delays. Please adjust your timeframes to a more realistic date. Ex: OP 14--many months after it was promised.

Janice from Pediatric Associates of Fairfield

Good pediatric-specific product

Pros

It's pediatric-specific and able to be customized. It has a lot of ability if the practice is willing to devote the human time and money (not seeing patients) to build. I think all systems require building, but I expected that the templates in a pediatric-based system would have been more fully developed with editing capabilities.

Cons

Communication. I would have liked more specific instructions as we prepared to go live, such as dx list completed, how to view these templates, and developing a timeline. It would be scary, but they could have informed us that it would likely take x amount of time to review specific parts, such as templates. It felt like it was just go live, and then build. An alternative way is have a frame and then rearrange and get more.

June 2014

John from Premier Pediatrics

June 2014

Fantastic EMR Product!

Pros

Very user-friendly set up. Customer service is extremely friendly and very helpful in resolving issues. They do a great job of offering ways to connect with other users to get helpful insights or tips on how to better utilize the EMR. The EMR really is developed for pediatric practices because pediatricians developed the software. They do a great job of staying on the leading edge of any government rules and regulations, and they build in easy ways to meet the requirements.

Cons

At times, the response on a case can take a little while depending on the level of complexity of the issue at hand. The reporting capabilities of the EMR are a little restrictive. They are focused more on user-friendliness for physicians and nurses.

Sandy from tanque verde peds

Loving Office Practicum

Pros

This product specifically for pediatricians. I love that about it. The whole company is responsive to the wants/needs of their doctors and quickly incorporate the changes required for standardization that is being required by insurances and governments.

Cons

Scanning documents and their review. This could be a less cumbersome workflow.

Samuel from Define Africa Ltd

Industry: Mental Health Care

The seemless, intuitive solution for medical practitioners

I would highly recommend this to hospitals that handle large number of patients annually.

Pros

The software has a very friendly interface that enables quick entry of information of patients and other records. The software makes it easy to enter and retrieve health records of large number of patients quickly and easily.

Cons

Well, everything has its downside. There's just a small hitch in that it's abit slow on my computer. Am not sure of its just the speed of my machine or its the software.

Keith from Asun

Good for my front office staff

Pros

I like the this is so great for my staff to speak with my clients. Having a streamlined product helps us get people in and out, but most of all, happy.

Cons

Nothing really, just like that it works, as always the price could be lowered, but that's always the case.

Sarah from Horizon Pediatrics PC

After a lot of research OP was our best choice!

Being a small (solo) pediatric clinic and doing many months of looking for the 'perfect' EMR, we are so happy to have found Office Practicum. We had 7 demos of other products as well as being told we were 'too small' of a practice for some of the large EMR's to sell to, we are very thankful to have found OP. The training and implementation was wonderful! We have now been on the cloud based system for 6 months and our transition has been fantastic. Our decision to change EMR systems was based on that our previous EMR was not keeping up with the current technologies, MU and immunization reporting. OP has been great with all of these! We also use their RCM component which has been invaluable for our practice.

Pros

Ease of use. Training and implementation. Robust system. RCM