• Pros

• "Ease of use. Many helpful features. Great Support. "

• "I like the fact that it is user friendly and easy to learn."

• "Its fairly easy to learn and very user friendly. "

• Cons

• "It runs a bit slow for my liking. However, we are using it remotely, so that could be why."

• "The system itself was easy to use but it had a lot of glitches that would be time consuming when in a hurry. "

• "There is no "lock" for office appointments or sticky notes. It takes extensive knowledge to set treatment pathways. I wish there were ways to save commonly run reports on "ReportNow""

Browse patientNOW Reviews

Patient Now Review

Everyone is friendly and responsive and ready to help. I would like to see quicker updates.

Pros

The PatientNow program is an excellent practice management system for a cosmetic practice. There are a few flaws, but I have found the developers and help desk to be really open to feedback. My only wish… quicker solutions. The program is solid from a marketing prospective, it features a drip marketing component that is correspondent to the patient’s procedure of interest or in the patient’s pathway of their treatment(s) they have selected. This is excellent in terms of focused marketing efforts, and segment marketing. Being able to segment market to those patients interested in a particular service/procedure that they have expressed interest in means higher open rates on emails, more visibility and better patient engagement because you are able to address patient’s concerns specific to their interest. The program is 95% user friendly and intuitive. It is easy for everyone from the front desk to medical personnel to use. For the most part the program is able to arm administrators and physicians with what they need to have schedules, reports and other business items accurate with a few very minor details I will mention in the “the least liked about the software section”. Speaking to the marketing end, it is amazing to custom emails for each procedure and each step of the process for a procedure as it relates and corresponds with an appointment. Meaning it is great to email patients about their upcoming procedure or appointment automatically.

Cons

As stated in “pros” section of the survey the marketing component “treatment pathways” is dynamic way to communicate with patients without having to remember to follow up or to create emails. Emails can essentially be launched daily to hundreds of different patients for the treatments they are interested in. This again is great! The issue is the program is not HTLM friendly so sending professional branded materials is not an option. You are really forced to piece together emails that looked pieced together or you can type generic emails – not good for a luxury practice or product. Reports are okay, it does take some maneuvering and comparing to have things balanced in terms of commissions, end of day, AR etc. More custom reporting should be available and the response to custom request varies based on their other prioritized projects. Reports are mathematical and should always balance regardless… 1 + 1 is always 2. Scheduling is easy, but I believe could be easier. Viewing a patient’s schedule history should be the easiest function of the system, it is not. It is not hard, but it is not efficient for the people who have the hardest job in a practice which is the front desk. Inventory is trash in equals trash out - meaning there is too much opportunity for mistakes. This can be an area of too many opportunities for potential loss… the program should have a better on order, received control mechanism. We are still waiting on the cloud version, like an APP

Peter from Capizzi MD

The First 100....

The experience is nothing short of a 5 stars because of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] . He is open, pleasant, and interested in improvement.

Pros

As one of the first 100 uses of this product, what I like the most is their willingness to listen to the users needs, challenges, and questions. How often does [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of the company travel to your office to see it in use?

Cons

Over the years the weaknesses of any program should improve and PatientNOW has done just that. As nothing is perfect, their could be some work with marrying Quickbooks; time clock integration to Quickbooks; prescription platform.

Reasons for Choosing patientNOW

Value, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and support.

Tonya from Gravity Med Spa

Amazing EMR

Amazing experience overall and one that I would recommend to anyone!

Pros

This system is great for a smaller business like mine or larger surgical practices like my husband's. The actual software is easy to use and easily learned by even new employees.

Cons

The constant updates can be frustrating as there are times that updates do not go through completely and then you have the system that is not running at peak speeds.

Jonathan from BermanPlastic Surgery

Patient Now Review

THe software is OK. Its not very user friendly. I find that staffing adequate at PATient Now adequate but not outstanding. I find it annoying that at least 3 times a year our calls are returned after our hours and often times 2 days after the call is made.

Pros

Computer based, multiple machines can run. I like the Electronic Prescription Module. I like the scheduler. I like the ease of document template use and writing encounter notes. I dont like its integration with MIRROR software as it is too slow.

Cons

Dont like the report generator. It is unable to save the "steps" to generate a particular report so that everytime a report of a particular type that needs to be run, we must go through all the steps to run it. It is cumbersome and not time efficient. I purchased a Microsoft tablet to use with this software and it is quite cumbersome and dont use it. IT is too slow. I have all the latest and greatest wifi but still too slow. I think the integration of WORD DOCUMENTS with this software needs to be upgraded. One can input a .RTF file to the template manager but it would be easier if the software recognized microsoft word documents. It does seem to hande pdfs a bit but not jpegs. I would like to have easier input of jpegs. I have inputted several jpegs for use in the clinical information section with injectables but the software is not very robust. There needs to be changes in the Injectables ares. The drop downs for specific injectables do not pertain to that particular injectable. I dont remember off the bat which injectables there were not appropriate dosage or amount injected.

Least expensive

Simran from Renew MD

Great system for a cash based aesthetic practice

Overall, great software product at an excellent price. Customer support has been great too, so I would highly recommend this to others.

Pros

The software has addressed key work flow requirements in aesthetic practices. It has very helpful templates already included and making your own custom templates is very easy. Now that our practice has had it for some time we have started looking at the analytics that the software offers. Finally, text and email marketing is included which means we do not have to pay another vendor to do it or enter emails/phone numbers on another platform.

Cons

I wish the software interface was more streamlined. When I say this, I am specifically referring to the small boxes and colors.

Robert from All About You Wellness and Aesthetics

As a former IT Professional

As a former IT Professional with 20 years experience in software development, Datacenter management and Web hosting I can honestly say Patient Now is one of the worst cloud based apps I've ever used. This weekends outage is just the latest and the app is still flaking out... Today we just learned that if a user takes pictures on the Ipad app (but doesn't immediately upload them) and another person logs into the app....the pictures are lost. Unbelievable they coded the app to work that way. Anyone working in an aesthetics office knows it's common to take the pictures and upload them sometime later. Even if the pics aren't visible to the other logon, the pics should be there if the user who took them logs back in....but Noooooooooo.. Gone, vanished....puff. Now we have to explain to our patient why we don't have her before pictures. This app use's .rtf's as it's document template design. Can't import any word docs, pdf's etc... so you have to convert everything into a word doc, (fix the formatting issues) then to an rtf, (and fix all the formatting errors), then upload to patient now and spend more time fixing formatting errors. Ridiculous. I've spent countless hours formatting docs only to have them blow up weeks later for no apparent reason. Oh, and did I mention, the newly touted Ipad app, (don't even think about running it on an android device) doesn't run in landscape mode? We were told that android was on the roadmap when the ipad app

Pros

I like the auto email/text appt reminders

Cons

Almost everything else... It's not user friendly, the document system is archaic, the new ipad app doesn't work in landscape mode, etc... see my overall experience.

Response from PatientNow

Replied August 2020

Rob, Thank you for your feedback. We had our first ever and hopefully last outage since released August 2018724 Days/12 business hours per day = 8652 business hours. The 4-hour outage on Friday would be 99.95% lifetime uptime. Photos on iOS Devices Protection of patient data is the highest priority. We will never store any potential patient data on any device. The affect when taking a photo is you would need to save/upload that photo before switching to a different user on that device. RTF is the current format we use for document template creation. It allows users to create and edit templates with or without additional software. We are currently working on our HTML document editor which will provide even more flexibility. Our research shows 70% of healthcare providers use iOS over android so we focused on iOS apps. We are constantly working on and improving the apps. Landscape mode will be added to the iPad version soon along with additional functionality.

Brittany from Bel Viso Medical Spa

I had better expectations

I have mixed feelings. Some days I'm glad i got it and most I am frustrated. I went from paper and many times would like to go back.

Pros

Many different features. I'm sure when I get the hang of it all it will be worth it but still very confusing at times.

Cons

Difficult getting started. Still in the beginning process with pathways almost 6 months later. Only help when I ask for it never above and beyond what I need. Very hard to get meetings with my "person" although he is very nice. About 75% of my patients do not like the portal and the online booking is confusing for them I now am doing a lot more scheduling myself taking time away from the practice.

Reasons for Choosing patientNOW

A friend has it and I trusted her judgement. I do not have a secretary so I am doing a lot of work myself. That could also be the problem. But my esthetician is not happy with the program as well.

JENNIFER from Silhouette Med spa

Cloud service needs help

Overall a 4 out of 5.

Pros

Customer support and our trainer. The weekly webinars are great training tools

Cons

Since the cloud migration, we’ve had a couple of issues

Reasons for Choosing patientNOW

Not sure. Convenience of already on PN server then moving to their subscription cloud service was mandatory.

Thomas from Fiala Aesthetics

PatientNow - almost there...

Pros

Scheduling functions work well. Handles large patient data base well.

Cons

Patient information books do not handle multiple procedures well - there is much redundant printing of common sections. The old Inform software is dramatically better at this part of things - to the point that we still use it for pre-operative document generation. I am not happy that I am being forced to convert from our server-based version to a cloud-based version within the next year. I worry about data security and having a non-functional office in the event of an internet failure.

Patient Now -- good for a small office

Pros

It is inexpensive compared to other practice management / EMR systems. It has the foundation to be a very good EMR / PM system. The support staff / help desk is very nice but sometimes unresponsive particularly with complicate issues.

Cons

The scheduling portion leaves a lot to be desired. Reports are not always accurate. Reporting functionality is limited. Forms are not easy to build. There is minor customization possible, changes are only made if groups of users want them.

janit from Charlotte Plastic Surgery

Patient Now Good & Bad

Overall it's fair. We finally have a trainer who is fantastic. She has helped us tremendously. The guys in support, for the most part, are very helpful but getting through to them sometimes is difficult.

Pros

I think the recent upgrade to include memberships and referral programs was a good one. It has made managing our membership program so much easier! I know can quickly look to see which patients' plans are expiring and quickly send them an email to renew. I can also add in the promotions and discounts so there is no more manual calculations done at the front desk.

Cons

The financial reporting still needs to be buffed up. In order to get the data I need, I have to run a report, download it to Excel, format it so that I can create pivot tables and then run the pivot tables. It's a lot of work. The schedule also needs to be improved. They have said for years that it's "on their list" but I've been hearing that since 2013.

It was cheaper.

Kristin from Zinsser Plastic Surgery

PatientNOW Cloud

I have been a user of PatientNOW for 7 plus years now. We have always received wonderful support from the trainers, managers and support team. However, I wanted to share the most current experience that sparked this review. A couple of weeks ago I contacted sales to hear about moving our current server based PatientNOW over to PatientNOW cloud. As our server is older and will no longer be supported by Microsoft in January of 2020. I spoke [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who was very knowledgeable and was able to get all my questions answered and the information sent over to me quickly. I wasn't quite ready to switch over yet until... a few days later when our 2008 windows server had a failed hard drive. Not wanting to replace the hard ware in the server since I knew we were going to do upgrade soon. I called [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] back on a Friday in the mid-morning. Telling him my situation and asking how soon can we make this switch to the cloud as I was fearful the other two hard drives were about to go as well. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] started the process. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] called me later that afternoon telling me the process and his team went to work. Now I sit here, the following Friday completely switched over to the cloud based PatientNOW and Zinsser Plastic Surgery had NO downtime. The switch was flawless thanks to the team at PatientNOW.

Pros

The lay out. Once you understand the basic workings of the software is very easy to get around.

Cons

I have a hard time creating the templates, however they trainers are always willing to help.

victoria from premier

good system but still needs some improvement

Pros

EMR works pretty well when the provider is in the office.

Cons

1. The report functionality still needs a lot improvement. A lot very essential reports are missing or not working well if you are trying to use PN reports to run data analysis to grow your practice, control your inventory, reconcile commissions or system audit. The support team will input the enhancement request for you if they see the importance of the modification needed but no guarantee when the request will be fulfilled. If you can't wait, I believe PN can make customize report for you for a fee. This is something that I was not informed at the time of software purchase. 2. PN doesn't have a mobile platform to support cell phones. If the provider gets a call from answering service after hours, he has to find a computer or tablet to log into the system to document the call. 3. Information doesn't flow from one module to another. For example, when a patient comes in for Botox, MA logs the type of injectible, units, lot #, provider ect. PN won't push such info into invoice. When the patient is ready to be checked out, the front desk lady has to manually enter the same information again. This creates inefficiency and chance for error intentionally or unintentionally.

Marcie from Fox & Schingo Plastic Surgery

PatientNow

PatientNow allowed us to streamline our business. It was difficult to transition over to paperless, but the Patientnow system was pretty intuitive and our staff adjusted. It was an excellent choice for our business and I'm grateful we discovered it when be began our paperless transition back in 2011.

Pros

We are a plastic surgery practice and we purchased this software because it allowed us to use it for both our insurance billing as well as cosmetic billing. We sell skin care products as part of our business and this software allowed us to use a bar code scanner, inventory the products and create cosmetic invoices. A lot of medical software is not geared towards plastic surgery practices which require both insurance and cosmetic billing. The others that we researched, were much more complicated, much more expensive and had many components that we didn't need. We didn't want to pay for features we wouldn't end up using. We were fortunate to purchase PatientNow when it was first coming out and got a fantastic introductory offer.

Cons

Occasionally, I come across a report or feature that is missing, what I feel like, are obvious options. The help department usually is responsive to our feedback.

Katie from Robbins Plastic Surgery

Over all I would recommend this product to anyone. I do think it takes a little coaching at first to understand how to use the software but it is very helpful to pull reports and to help us track patient turn around. It is nice to be able to pre saved quotes so it reduces the amount of time a patient is waiting on me.

Pros

It helps us keep up with tracking our patients conversion rates.

Cons

I don't like that we have to give so much detail to generate a report. We have to create a new category for every procedure if that procedure requires a revision. We thought we had it down to where we could pull from a discounts report but we actually had to go in and create a revision category for all procedures to acquire accurate data.

Rachel from Mazza Plastic Surgery

Product Review

PatientNow offers EVERYTHING you need for a practice. It provides everything from scheduling appointments, texting/emailing to communicate with patients, and extensive patient charts to running reports for tracking your practices growth and keeping your inventory, products, and services organized. It is a great program with just a few minor inconveniences. I feel like there is not program that will not have those though. The great part is PatientNow has great customer service to help you maneuver through those minor set-backs.

Pros

The customer service department availability and knowledge is awesome! If the person that I come in contact with first does not have a solution, they make sure they find the right person for finding the solution.

Cons

There are some simple functionalities that I wish were different. For instance, printing multiple copies of requisitions, quotes, invoices, etc. There is no option to print multiple copies at one time. It is little stuff like that, that may not take a long time, but through out the day gets frustrating. I also do not like that there is ONE type of scanner that is compatible with their program. It is a very expensive scanner and I wish there were more options.

Scott from Scott Newman MD PC

Pretty unhappy with my experience.

I spent a fortune purchasing this software and basically only use it as a scheduler. There are parts of the software that are poorly thought out and the company has never addressed these issues. And after purchasing the full product they are now migrating to a cloud-based platform and have no regard for the fact that I purchased their software outright, and have paid for support monthly for years.

Pros

It’s programmability and it’s full feature set.

Cons

Lack of true support to ever get it properly Implemented

Kaye from Riolo Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Good concept needing better functionality and speed

The owner is visionary. The concepts are great. It could be more user friendly. See above.

Pros

I bought this because of the patient engagement and retention features. It was okay until it became cloud based. It has good potential but it requires the support team to implement or change pathways.

Cons

The cloud based version. It is so slow it is actually disruptive to our day. Seems thing to disappear or drop off. The features that were supposed to be present in the cloud, and why we switched before we had to are not there, eg memberships and the ability to ACH their monthly payments. They supposedly have an iPad version that will help in the rooms but we haven’t gotten it up and running yet. You cannot just switch from one user to another without the whole program rebooting again and my assistants follow me rather than staying in the same room. Customer service is responsive but we are all very frustrated at the moment.

Neil from Plastic Surgery Institute of NM

Our experience with PatientNow for 7 years

Charting and record maintenance. Analysis of performance data.

Pros

Designed particular for esthetic surgery and medi spas. Very easy to set up and to use. Excellent tech support. Cloud storage eliminate the need for a local server and concerns of backup security. Easy to use at multiple sites.

Cons

Since transition to cloud storage, annual cost is higher. Still a good value.

Christine from AKMD INC

Easy to use with a lot of features

Overall we are very pleased with Patient Now and have been using it for several years now. The tech support is very helpful.

Pros

The dashboard is very user friendly and our staff is able to learn the processes quickly. There are a lot of tutorials and webinars available.

Cons

There are some limitations to customization, and some steps that could be a little more efficient. The payment function requires you to use their merchant services.

Elizabeth from DermPhilosophy

Online Booking and Other Functions that don't work like they should

The text reminders are really great. Also the pathways are good. They are a little complex but seem to work to get patients back in the door. I think once a quarter a trainer should go through them with their accounts as when things change etc. things can get messed up. Or they add new services and a pathway never gets created or gets created poorly.

Pros

Scheduling on this software is very easy. Creating invoices is also simple.

Cons

The online booking. There is no way for the patient to reschedule so they end up just booking multiple spots. Also, I wish there was a way to guarantee the booking with a credit card as so many people make appointments and don't show. Also, I wish when you selected a provider, the drop down for services only put what that provider is able to do. Many people are searching providers for the wrong services. Also, a schedule marking for patients that have done paperwork online. And it should prompt them to do this when booking.

Michelle from RejuvaWell

Best of the worst?

A bit Soso. It’s doing what we needed to do, but the promised constant contact integration that was supposed to happen in March 2019 never happened. The marketing portal is pretty worthless. The program is not a real cloud-based program which is irksome considering I have apple computers at home and had to buy a PC just to look on patient now. The software has glitches and patients do not like the portal either. More often than not they have difficulty accessing it and filling it out. Sometimes they get to the end of all the questions and the submit button does not work. If I start a note on a patient and then do a procedure, often that note disappears and I have to start over.

Pros

I like that customer service is very good, the trainers are excellent and the ease of creating notes and modifying templates is simple.

Cons

It is not possible to flip between windows. So if you are in putting a new product and forgot to put in the manufacturer, you have to switch out of one window, lose all of your information put in manufacturer and then go back. Sometimes this happens three or four times because there is a sequence of putting in things that is not intuitive and the software does not automatically create the flow for.

Reasons for Choosing patientNOW

Cloud based, Except that it’s not. This should’ve been fully disclosed at the beginning.

Michelle from Complexion MedSpa & Aesthetics

Patient Now Review

In the beginning, when we first began using PN it was informative and responsive to requests. Now it is difficult to get help with changes or get those implemented. No one seems to be there to review and help make suggestions to improve aspects of our account.

Pros

The overall use for many practitioners in the office is great. Not having to move from one system to another to capture changes is a big plus.

Cons

Making changes in the system is very difficult. The company is great at suggesting and having ADD-ON charges like the Enhanced Pathways. Which we bought into in March and in Oct. we are still trying to implement and working out the kinks. All the while those flawed emails are going out to the patients.

Reasons for Choosing patientNOW

The overall ability to be utilized by many staff members, and not having to move from one system to another to take a payment from the customer.

Hardik from Ethos Spa

New Cloud Based Software Glitchy

Great support.

Pros

Cloud based software is definitely the way to go and it has a lot of functionality. Probably too much for most oractices

Cons

Missing records. Slow upload speeds for pictures. Bloated software. Used to be better before. I wouldn’t recommend this unfortunately not something better to choose from. Overpriced

Theo from Lexington Plastic Surgery

Good product

It is lower in cost than other systems, but cloud-based services make it difficult to use

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive, similar functions to other products on the market. Able to be modified to fit the practice.

Cons

No Mac support. Cloud based resources make it’s reliability frustrating at times. In the future, might consider backing up info locally.

Josh from Dilworth Facial Plastic Surgery

PatientNow

Pros

Very well thought out and comprehensive software. PatientNow allows its users to perform all necessary functions for a medical practice.

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say about patient now

Reasons for Choosing patientNOW

Less costly while offering the same features and with an easier to use interface.

Lisa from Salem Plastic Surgery

Long-time users

it is an intuitive program to learn, but many features that we would think would be part of any good program aren't there and haven't been added over the almost 7 years we've requested them

Pros

Easy to navigate and intuitive. Makes it easy to onboard new employees. Unlike some other products it doesn't try to cover every specialty which makes it simple to understand

Cons

Can't bring up more than one session/patient at a time so have to interrupt what you're worjking with and navigate back where you were if you need to take care of another patient issue- especially challenging at front desk. No way of indicating urgent patient issues with warning- such as "do not schedule this patient" or "patient owes collections"- sticky note option is too easy to miss

Reasons for Choosing patientNOW

wasn't part of that process

Stephanie from Kristin Tarbet MD PLLC

PatientNow EMR System

I think PatientNow is a great option for practices wanting to implement a general EMR system that is easy for them to switch over from charts.

Pros

The EMR system was easy for a team that was just leaving charts, you can limit permissions for them so they can feel at ease navigating the system.

Cons

Support is a drawback. I often see updates that roll out and only learn about them after I see something new as I am using the system. Rarely do I get a live person to talk to when I want help and often get a ticket with a call 1-2 days later after I have figured things out on my own. Support is also not too helpful, if I ask them a question they will not always have the answer and tell me that something is not possible and then I learn on my own it was.

Gabriele from New Look New Life

PatientNow is the best practice management Software

I have been using PatientNow for several years at this point and in my practice I always strive for improvements. Last year I took on the project to change PatientNow with a different practice management software. I evaluated several platforms including but not limited to Nextech and Remedly. Many promises were made by different companies but at the end, when my practice manager drilled into the softwares to check if this switch would benefit the practice, we quickly realized that PatientNow is the best option for our practice.

Pros

Very complete software for practice management at a very affordable price. Great customer service, easy to use.

Cons

I wish that they would switch to a native app or a web based version. now we work with a remote desktop connection that at time is a little slow

Christine from AKMD INC

Easy to use with a lot of features

Our staff is very happy with Patientnow. We have used it for several years now, and are still discovering ways to streamline our practice. Technical support staff from PatientNow are very nice and helpful, sometimes it is hard to get a hold of them, but they do respond back in a timely matter.

Pros

Patient now has lots of features, automated emails, inventory system and reporting that helps our practice run smoothly. We have multiple providers and we use Patientnow throughout the day. The dashboard is very user friendly, and it is easy to teach to our staff.

Cons

There are some limitations, and many add on packages that are not included. For the yearly price, it would be nice if all add ons were included.

Hope from The Cosmetic Concierge, PLLC

DISHONEST AND DYSFUNCTIONAL. Do NOT downgrade to cloud based version until they fix big bugs!

I ran out of room above; but there are multiple other problems with PN and their support and capabilities. The report and data analysis are a joke--if you really want to know, for instance, how many of a specific surgery you book from a certain city or area code to know which of your ad campaigns are actually turning into booked cases you can not. If you want to know how many of a specific type of surgery you've done within a specific time period you have to just print all cases for that time period and count them yourself, and on and on. As I write this my nurse is on the phone with a PN technician for what will literally be her 12th hour trying to solve the loss of scanning capability which accompanies the cloud base version we, and other PN clients, are being pushed into using. Yes, with every change or upgrade prior functions are typically lost, the techs completely BS us by saying that it is a fault of our office, or something our IT guy did, etc., before finally admitting (after two weeks of this crap) that other offices are all having this same issue. This is absolutely standard operating procedure for PatientNow. They deny the problem for a while, we waste multiple hours trying to work around a technical issue ourselves with no help, I finally get angry and push it when what they are telling us makes no sense and finallly they admit that there is a problem on their end which they do not know how to fix; and do not know that they will ever fix.

Pros

My patient records are all currently stored in this EMR. That is the only pro. and the only reason we still have it. Will likely be switching soon.

Cons

Multiple misrepresentations and technical issues. Will list just a few : 1. Before and afters are crucial to a cosmetic surgery practice. PN has multiple issues with photo management .I put in an "enhancement request" July 2015-still pending. Issues include: You can create a before/after montage but CAN'T SAVE IT. Yep. You have to screen shot, save to your desktop, and then import back into the chart. Second, the before/after you create is not in a form usable for your website, ads, soc media, etc. It has a crude border which separates the photos and the right and left borders have dotted lines and arrows on them. Finally, if you want to do a 3x3 grid instead of 1x1 or 2x2 the photos can not be put in any specific order so you can not really show "before" and "after". PN salespeople are dishonest even if you pointedly ask a about a specific capability or if there are any extra charges, etc. PN administration will NOT back up what their salespeople promise and just tell you they don't know why you were told [fill in the blank]. Prime example: I thought long and hard before buying the software in 2012 and asked specifically if I would own the software, what kind of tech support I would have and whether there were ANY additional charges at all with the exception of add-ons discussed. Imagine my surprise when I was hit with a $5,000 annual "support fee" which has increased steadily in price since then. 3. Almost every capability they you would want is an additional charge.

I believed the hype.

Sam from The Centre, P.C.

Went from Server to Cloudbase

Over the years PatientNOW has really grown in the reports. Which very helpful. They are intergrating more and more which is a plus.

Pros

The software does a great job of capturing Patient info from contacts, scheduling, reports. It does what there company states Capture, Sustain, Grow! The New Features in the Cloud are way better then Server.

Cons

The communication is sometime slow or misleading. Cost more in operation then Server base. More internet and higher bill then Server clients.

Reasons for Choosing patientNOW

Cost was much higher and salesmen didn't leave the best impression. We have been with PatientNOW from the start in 2008, there is loyalty here as well!

Joyce from Smith Facial Plastics

Customer service fails

High turn-over of staff, I can't get the same staff trainer/account manager twice. Customer service is horrible, quite honestly, I don't have anything nice to say about Patient Now. Do you recommend any good EMR systems for us? We are in the market.

Pros

Easy to use, most of the time. Not much else to say here.

Cons

When a problem does arise, I inevitably know that I have to call Patient Now support to talk to someone on the phone who WON'T take ownership of the problem, absolutely WON'T have the answer you need, and will likely let the ball drop on the problem so that you have to call back in days later angry and irritated.

Hillary from Grossman Plastic Surgery

June 2016

So happy we made the switch!

Pros

I love how simple it is to use. Everything about it can be totally configurable to what we need. We were able to drop some of our other partners, like solutionreach and reviewboost because patietnNOW offers that functionality and more integrated right into the system. Obviously, that cost savings alone has been significant. From a support perspective, I am always able to get through on the first try and my issues are resolved and questions explained in a timely and respectful manner.

Cons

I wish the surgical images were a little newer but we are able to import our own so it wasn't that big of a deal.

Elsa from Cosmetic Surgery and Laser Center

Patient Now Review

As I said before it is a friendly system, easy to work with. It does help our billers to process insurance without a problem and the coordinators do not have problem with the software. The financial employees have some problems when the software is changed without advise.

Pros

The software is friendly. Easy to learn and use

Cons

My experience with customer service was not very positive., they reps are not friendly and seem to be bother when we have a problem and call them.

Reasons for Choosing patientNOW

It was a doctors decision. I believe it was during a medical seminar that the doctor found out about Patient Now.

Denise from Rejuvenated Medical Spa

PatientNOW - A Software to Grow With

PatientNOW helped us get up and running when we opened this year. Their customer support has been outstanding and our trainer has gone above and beyond to see us use PatientNOW to its fullest benefits.

Pros

From the ease and maneuverability of entering front desk information through the clinical documentation, PatientNOW delivers what we need. Its customizable patient engagement, through its Treatment Pathways, enables our staff to accomplish other needed workflow tasks.

Cons

The ability to customize additional reporting is still needed, however PatientNOW is continually striving to meet the users needs so this should be coming in the future.

Reasons for Choosing patientNOW

Maneuvering through PatientNOW was quicker and more user friendly. Their Help videos and webinars help everyone become acquainted with what they need to know to do the aspects of the job in the software.

Adriana from ilumaforma Aesthetic Surgery

Patient Now Review

For what we need PN for, it's working. For more complex duties, reporting, etc, we may have to switch to another program, or continue to use other forms of reporting.

Pros

For the most part, it is user friendly. The ability to customize everything is great and the coloring is easy on the eyes.

Cons

Reporting overall is terrible. There are too many functions. More general options would possibly lead to better reporting. Not being able to use PN on an iPad or tablet is inconvenient. Especially when trying to go paperless.

Jackson from Allura Skin, Laser & Wellness Clinic

Hands on Customer Support

Pros

The software has grown over time. They have added modules that support what we're trying to do. The customer support team is willing to help us find solutions to our issues. They can't always make PN work the way we need to work but they do try.

Cons

The software is difficult to use sometimes. We've added almost every new module they offer but it doesn't navigate that easily between sections. It does scheduling and EMR but its not always that easy to do the work.

Vanessa from Gary R. Snider, MD

Easy to navigate!

It is a great way to communicate with our patient base. Its easy to use, and a great way to keep track of appointments, communications, and the ability to see how happy our patients are with our office. Would recommend to another practice any day.

Pros

This software makes scheduling appointments easy and quick for our office and our patients. A good part of our patients love the ease in communicating with our office via text/email.

Cons

There aren't very many bad things to say about this software. Its great all around.

Brian from Dr. Brian Windle

Quality Software for Plastic Surgery

I have used a number of EMR systems in the past and reviewed almost all of the packages available for plastic surgery. PatientNow is, in my mind, the clear winner for value, functionality, CRM, ease of use and reporting.

Pros

Great for automation of patient reminders and thus retention. Relatively simple to use as compared to other packages I have reviewed. Good support.

Cons

It is Windows based and thus the new cloud functionality is not as clean as if it was an IOS app but it is getting better with every update.

Kyle from Sierra Nevada Cosmetic Surgery

PatientNOW for a plastic surgery practice

Not using paper has been great. Communication between users has been helpful. Easy to pull reports and collect data on patients, marketing, etc. Glitchy online portal and some basic note templates has been frustrating.

Pros

Designed towards cosmetic practices. Reports help track patients, referrals, and marketing efforts well. Relatively quick to complete charts.

Cons

Online patient portal is very glitchy. Some basic changes to templates should be easier to change. Billing software is difficult to use.

Janet from Premier Plastic Surgery

Patient Now is a good value

I have used patient now in several different offices. It is good patient management software and makes daily transactions easy. I really like the ability to customize our documents. the scheduler is easy to use. The ability to communicate with patients by text message is a huge time saver.

Pros

The patient data base and storage capacity. Being able to have a cloud server has been a good upgrade.

Cons

The reporting is frustrating. Often the report I want is not available to extract with the data I want to look at.

dina from Funt Aesthetics

Patient now for Dr Office

We just started a rewards program and patient now has the ability to automatically give our patients those reward points. This is great feature because it takes human error out of question.

Pros

I like that it is able to award points since we have a 5% cashback on all purchases program in our office. I also like that it is able to generate reports on sales.

Cons

I think it needs to be more user friendly. It is difficult to set your own treatment pathways and remember all steps.

Great for note taking

Although the support staff responds quickly, normally bugs and enhancements are put on a waiting list which never gets worked on.

Pros

The providers love the ability to write SOAP notes.

Cons

The financial reports are weak. It is a nightmare every month to pull out the numbers for our accountants. Also, when we write notes, the data on the notes sometimes disappears even after saving the document. This has always occurred, and PN has never figured out why saving does not always work.

Julia from Centre for Plastic Surgery

Patient Now Review

It’s okay. I think it would be a great software program for an office with only one provider. It just doesn’t work well as we’d like in our of nine providers.

Pros

Its fairly easy to learn and very user friendly.

Cons

It’s missing key elements for reporting and other functions. Most of the time it doesn’t work the way we need it to so we end up having to create work around protocols to complete tasks. It’s very time consuming and not as effective as we would like.

Celia from Skin Renaissance

Easy to use EMR for aesthetics

Using PN EMR for all office and practice functions. I find it fairly easy to use and overall like it. I would recommend it to a colleague.

Pros

Ability to edit notes. Inventory is useful, ability to use a pen on a tablet to write chart notes is excellent

Cons

Unable to successfully integrate photos, seems like a glitchy function. Support often doesn't answer the phone, and support personnel are sometimes not up on every issue.

Ashley from Weiler Plastic Surgery

Great program, not perfect

Great program to be all inclusive, from running reports, tracking inventory, scheduling patients, emailing/texting patients, having an online portal and so much more. It is not perfect, but overall happy and would recommend.

Pros

I like all the options provided to customize the program. It is nice to have a program specifically geared towards plastic surgery/medical spa/derm clinics. Fairly user friendly

Karen from Center for Advanced Plastic Surgery

Patient Coordinator

I like patient now but I find some of their billing programs less than par and hard to understand. With some support, it makes it better

Pros

It's pretty user friendly, Easy to toggle back and forth from screens, Able to do alot of things that we probably don't use efficient enough

Cons

Some of their billing programs are less than par. It's sometimes hard to get through to the support crew

Penelope from Southern Aesthetics

Customer service starts off strong and then they are virtually non-existent

patient scheduling works great

Cons

So lets just consider one report (how much botox did I do last year?) Running this report gave me the answer of 6 patients. HA! Maybe 6 an hour! each time I run the report it gives me a different answer. I shut it down and reboot...same problem. This issue is consistent with many reports,but not all of them. Called support multiple times...no answer and no follow up. In patient charting, there is no duel screen available so I have to close the encounter and open labs, look at labs, close, then open encounter.......maddening! I KNOW no EMR is perfect, but this is the least user friendly one I have worked with (my surgery centers and hospitals use other EMR's so I am quite proficient and adaptable). SO I inform them I not longer wish to use PatientNOW, via email. WOW! They responded quickly to THIS, informing me that I have an extended contract and I must continue paying. I didn't even mention their money back guarantee, but I will NOW that I have to get attorneys involved. I could go on and on, but I hope this provides enough insight to keep other physicians from getting involved with this company. If it worked properly, I would certainly not go through the hassle of transferring all this data to a new EHR.

Peter from Capizzi, M.D. Cosmetic Surgery and Skin Care

June 2016

Must have for a new practice

Pros

In 2005 I took a chance with PatientNow in North Carolina. My practice was the first in the area with this EMR system. Since then it has continuously improved, become more efficient, and easier for the staff to use. The best, without a doubt, is the ability to discuss areas of concern with the CEO personally or by email. He is very responsive and cares about the product, quality, and user experience. This is a system that is a must have for any new or existing practice.

Cons

The treatment pathways could be simplified, but work.