Browse PatientNow Reviews

Patient Now Review

Everyone is friendly and responsive and ready to help. I would like to see quicker updates.

Pros

The PatientNow program is an excellent practice management system for a cosmetic practice. There are a few flaws, but I have found the developers and help desk to be really open to feedback. My only wish… quicker solutions. The program is solid from a marketing prospective, it features a drip marketing component that is correspondent to the patient’s procedure of interest or in the patient’s pathway of their treatment(s) they have selected. This is excellent in terms of focused marketing efforts, and segment marketing. Being able to segment market to those patients interested in a particular service/procedure that they have expressed interest in means higher open rates on emails, more visibility and better patient engagement because you are able to address patient’s concerns specific to their interest. The program is 95% user friendly and intuitive. It is easy for everyone from the front desk to medical personnel to use. For the most part the program is able to arm administrators and physicians with what they need to have schedules, reports and other business items accurate with a few very minor details I will mention in the “the least liked about the software section”. Speaking to the marketing end, it is amazing to custom emails for each procedure and each step of the process for a procedure as it relates and corresponds with an appointment. Meaning it is great to email patients about their upcoming procedure or appointment automatically.

Cons

As stated in “pros” section of the survey the marketing component “treatment pathways” is dynamic way to communicate with patients without having to remember to follow up or to create emails. Emails can essentially be launched daily to hundreds of different patients for the treatments they are interested in. This again is great! The issue is the program is not HTLM friendly so sending professional branded materials is not an option. You are really forced to piece together emails that looked pieced together or you can type generic emails – not good for a luxury practice or product. Reports are okay, it does take some maneuvering and comparing to have things balanced in terms of commissions, end of day, AR etc. More custom reporting should be available and the response to custom request varies based on their other prioritized projects. Reports are mathematical and should always balance regardless… 1 + 1 is always 2. Scheduling is easy, but I believe could be easier. Viewing a patient’s schedule history should be the easiest function of the system, it is not. It is not hard, but it is not efficient for the people who have the hardest job in a practice which is the front desk. Inventory is trash in equals trash out - meaning there is too much opportunity for mistakes. This can be an area of too many opportunities for potential loss… the program should have a better on order, received control mechanism. We are still waiting on the cloud version, like an APP

Michelle from Synergi Facial Surgery & MedSpa

All software has pros and cons

Customers services is top notch! They are responsive and quite helpful. If it wasn't for their excellent customer service, we probably would have been very unhappy.

Pros

We switched to this software for the electronic record capacity. It isn't as user friendly as presented. We hoped to use voice dictation but this hasn't worked out.

Cons

The photography software needs to be improved and updated so we can create side by side comparisons and them save them or share them easily. This seems like an easy update.

Reasons for Choosing PatientNow

It seemed like the best option for us. All software has pros and cons and it's what you make out of it that works for your practice.

need electronic record

Jonathan from BermanPlastic Surgery

Patient Now Review

THe software is OK. Its not very user friendly. I find that staffing adequate at PATient Now adequate but not outstanding. I find it annoying that at least 3 times a year our calls are returned after our hours and often times 2 days after the call is made.

Pros

Computer based, multiple machines can run. I like the Electronic Prescription Module. I like the scheduler. I like the ease of document template use and writing encounter notes. I dont like its integration with MIRROR software as it is too slow.

Cons

Dont like the report generator. It is unable to save the "steps" to generate a particular report so that everytime a report of a particular type that needs to be run, we must go through all the steps to run it. It is cumbersome and not time efficient. I purchased a Microsoft tablet to use with this software and it is quite cumbersome and dont use it. IT is too slow. I have all the latest and greatest wifi but still too slow. I think the integration of WORD DOCUMENTS with this software needs to be upgraded. One can input a .RTF file to the template manager but it would be easier if the software recognized microsoft word documents. It does seem to hande pdfs a bit but not jpegs. I would like to have easier input of jpegs. I have inputted several jpegs for use in the clinical information section with injectables but the software is not very robust. There needs to be changes in the Injectables ares. The drop downs for specific injectables do not pertain to that particular injectable. I dont remember off the bat which injectables there were not appropriate dosage or amount injected.

Least expensive

Reasons for Switching to PatientNow

Supposedly better software, better reports, better interaction---easier to use

Louise from Advanced Aesthetics Lopez Plastic Surgery

Considering EMR system

It been a good experience they do provide a lot of webinars and help if you ask for it. It has been easy to work with PatientNow and there are helpful when you do reach out.

Pros

What I like about PatientNow is that it's an easy to use software and great features that can opt in for. Also, there is a new feature that I just recently tried was the CareCredit link directly in our software easy to use and it was quick and fast transactions VS logging into our CareCredit portal.

Cons

I feel at times that PatientNow can operate slow, we recently upgraded to the Icloud version to use some of their newer features that it provides. And in hopes that the software will be faster.

Shauna from Skin Theory Aesthetics Inc.

Industry: Cosmetics

Patient Now Review

In all its is very good deal for what you get. The customer service and tech support is a main reason we decided to go with it.

Pros

This program has the capability to do so much and has increased our revenue by 15% in just the short time we have been using it. The ability to send mass text and communicate via text allows us to send promotions we normally were limited in an eblast. Patient Now is also very efficient in transitioning from paper to fully electronic paperwork. The pre loaded templates make for a easy transition. We also utilize the treatment pathways that really make our office seamless and professional. Patient Now has buildable reports that make allocating our marketing dollars more efficient. Overall it is a very eloquent program.

Cons

The learning curve but worth it. It would be nice to know that it usually takes 6 months to 12 months.

Reasons for Choosing PatientNow

The cost vs the features that Patient Now offers.

Reasons for Switching to PatientNow

Practice Fushion had horrible customer service. you couldn't call and speak to anyone. The reports were very limited and they didn't have mass text blasts.

Peter from Capizzi MD

The First 100....

The experience is nothing short of a 5 stars because of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] . He is open, pleasant, and interested in improvement.

Pros

As one of the first 100 uses of this product, what I like the most is their willingness to listen to the users needs, challenges, and questions. How often does [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of the company travel to your office to see it in use?

Cons

Over the years the weaknesses of any program should improve and PatientNOW has done just that. As nothing is perfect, their could be some work with marrying Quickbooks; time clock integration to Quickbooks; prescription platform.

Reasons for Choosing PatientNow

Value, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and support.

Reasons for Switching to PatientNow

Mysis was not a fit for the plastic surgery practice.

Mareena from M Health and Beauty

WARNING!!!! Patient Now & Aesthetic Now are the same, fraudulent claims & terrible support

I would not recommend Patient Now, Aesthetic Now, RxPhoto, Payrix, or Crystalclear Marketing. They are scam artist and have the worst customer service and support staff. I am now switching over to Aesthetic Record, and unfortunately I have to set everything up again. Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns. I would not want anyone else to go through what I went through.

Pros

Would not be able to state a pro since the company falsely advertises the EMR's capabilities and so far it has been nothing but a nightmare working with them.

Cons

Patient Now (PN)is merging with RX Photo and Crystal Clear Marketing to create Aesthetic Now (AN). But when they sold me on AN, they never mentioned that they were merging or that they are in the process of figuring things out. They are still advertising AN and PN as a system that can create packages, manage inventory, collect payment, do marketing, and so much more all for $414.00/month. I have been with them for about 6 months and they are still working on internal errors and software issues. The inventory management does not work and when I submit a ticket it goes to crystal clear marketing, but no one ever follows up with you. Rx photo is a photo software and they do the medical charting, but they are limited on their charting and have useless templets. So, I had to make my own. I also had to make my own consent forms and treatment directions. They use Payrix for processing payments and they are still working on fixing the glitches. I have reached out to Stephen M from Patient Now and CrystalClearMD since he is the one in charge. He and his colleagues are always out of the office or on vacation and I have to email them multiple times for them to get back to me (which is several weeks). Stephan calls and states that he will follow up with me weekly and will refund me 50% of my monthly fees, but they keep charging my account and refuse to pick up the phone, refuse to call me back in a timely manner (weeks), refuse to email back (weeks). I would not recommend these people.

Reasons for Choosing PatientNow

I chose Patient Now/Aesthetic Now because they claimed that they can do inventory tracking, collect payments, etc.

Kim from Prescott Medical Aesthetics

Keep looking

If the software works as promised, and they provide any kind of customer support then I would recommend it. But my experience over the last three to four months has been so poor that even though it will cost me a lot of time I'm going to start looking for another company to work with. It's over a week for a return call and sometimes not at all, even for technical support issues. I have asked for a refunds and discounts on services because of the poor turnaround time, and never hear back anything. Do not recommend

Pros

I like the charting features, and the patient follow up is what I originally signed up for.

Cons

Firstly it has become extremely slow and difficult to use. It used to be quite fast, but now charting takes an inordinate amount of time. I have reached out to the company four times at this point and struggle to even get a call back.

Kristin from Evexias Medical Denver/Denver Vein Center

Best decision I made

This software has helped us to not lose patients through the cracks. It allows us to follow up with patients and the texting feature is amazing!

Pros

This software is so user friendly. Training new staff is so easy!

Cons

Wish it were more customizable. We have specific areas that we'd like to be able to change specific to our practice and are unable. I also wish reporting was more customizable.

Reasons for Switching to PatientNow

Moved away from a group practice to individual practice and needed a software that was more designed for the cosmetic side of our practice.

Brittany from Bel Viso Medical Spa

I had better expectations

I have mixed feelings. Some days I'm glad i got it and most I am frustrated. I went from paper and many times would like to go back.

Pros

Many different features. I'm sure when I get the hang of it all it will be worth it but still very confusing at times.

Cons

Difficult getting started. Still in the beginning process with pathways almost 6 months later. Only help when I ask for it never above and beyond what I need. Very hard to get meetings with my "person" although he is very nice. About 75% of my patients do not like the portal and the online booking is confusing for them I now am doing a lot more scheduling myself taking time away from the practice.

Reasons for Choosing PatientNow

A friend has it and I trusted her judgement. I do not have a secretary so I am doing a lot of work myself. That could also be the problem. But my esthetician is not happy with the program as well.

Samuel from Riley Chiropractic & Integrative Health

Pros

Still looking...........................

Cons

I can not fathom with all the features that are built into the software that a feature doesn't exist where if someone schedules an online appointment with me that I can't receive an immediate email notification. Case and point (example): If I leave work on Friday at 5pm and have no one scheduled for Saturday, but someone logs in Friday night at 5:01 to make an appointment for Saturday morning - I won't know about that appointment unless I sign in and physically look Friday night before bed or wake up very early Saturday to "check" and see if anyone made an appointment. I think its criminal this isn't a feature. I also am very very very (VERY) disappointed in the speed. I was told and I feel VERY MISLEAD about the speed of the product. Every-time I talk to anyone they say "oh check your wifi connection," or "move it closer to the wifi, it must be the location." No in fact this isn't the case and you guys KNOW IT. I know you are undergoing certain upgrades to improve the product, however you have lied to your consumers and I'm furious over it. I am seriously re-evaluating dumping your services immediately following the end of my application.

Reasons for Choosing PatientNow

Because I "thought" it had all the capabilities I was looking for.

Josh from Dilworth Facial Plastic Surgery

PatientNow

Pros

Very well thought out and comprehensive software. PatientNow allows its users to perform all necessary functions for a medical practice.

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say about patient now

Reasons for Choosing PatientNow

Less costly while offering the same features and with an easier to use interface.

Erika from Columbia Laser Skin Center

Owner review

I absolutely LOVE customer support! they are all so incredibly helpful, patient and pleasant to work with! I also really appreciate the quarterly software updates and that when I have feedback/suggestion it is taken seriously

Pros

We love the ease of scheduling, the EMR feature, the portal for our patients to fill out paperwork, patientADVANTAGE, securePAY NOW, on-line appointment feature, reports

Cons

Creating custom packages involving multiple different services and products is a HUGE pain and very inefficient. there needs to be a much easier way of doing this as we are constantly creating these custom packages every day for our patients. Inventory management. there is NONE and that is a huge problem. No business selling retail should be without a good inventory management system. Right now we have no way to create purchase orders or to receive orders and close out PO's with an automatic update of our inventory. this is very problematic

Reasons for Switching to PatientNow

Wanted an EMR system and better reporting

janit from Charlotte Plastic Surgery

Patient Now Good & Bad

Overall it's fair. We finally have a trainer who is fantastic. She has helped us tremendously. The guys in support, for the most part, are very helpful but getting through to them sometimes is difficult.

Pros

I think the recent upgrade to include memberships and referral programs was a good one. It has made managing our membership program so much easier! I know can quickly look to see which patients' plans are expiring and quickly send them an email to renew. I can also add in the promotions and discounts so there is no more manual calculations done at the front desk.

Cons

The financial reporting still needs to be buffed up. In order to get the data I need, I have to run a report, download it to Excel, format it so that I can create pivot tables and then run the pivot tables. It's a lot of work. The schedule also needs to be improved. They have said for years that it's "on their list" but I've been hearing that since 2013.

It was cheaper.

Reasons for Switching to PatientNow

Needed better data, one program to get us the reports we needed.

Kristin from Zinsser Plastic Surgery

PatientNOW Cloud

I have been a user of PatientNOW for 7 plus years now. We have always received wonderful support from the trainers, managers and support team. However, I wanted to share the most current experience that sparked this review. A couple of weeks ago I contacted sales to hear about moving our current server based PatientNOW over to PatientNOW cloud. As our server is older and will no longer be supported by Microsoft in January of 2020. I spoke [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who was very knowledgeable and was able to get all my questions answered and the information sent over to me quickly. I wasn't quite ready to switch over yet until... a few days later when our 2008 windows server had a failed hard drive. Not wanting to replace the hard ware in the server since I knew we were going to do upgrade soon. I called [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] back on a Friday in the mid-morning. Telling him my situation and asking how soon can we make this switch to the cloud as I was fearful the other two hard drives were about to go as well. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] started the process. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] called me later that afternoon telling me the process and his team went to work. Now I sit here, the following Friday completely switched over to the cloud based PatientNOW and Zinsser Plastic Surgery had NO downtime. The switch was flawless thanks to the team at PatientNOW.

Pros

The lay out. Once you understand the basic workings of the software is very easy to get around.

Cons

I have a hard time creating the templates, however they trainers are always willing to help.

victoria from premier

good system but still needs some improvement

Pros

EMR works pretty well when the provider is in the office.

Cons

1. The report functionality still needs a lot improvement. A lot very essential reports are missing or not working well if you are trying to use PN reports to run data analysis to grow your practice, control your inventory, reconcile commissions or system audit. The support team will input the enhancement request for you if they see the importance of the modification needed but no guarantee when the request will be fulfilled. If you can't wait, I believe PN can make customize report for you for a fee. This is something that I was not informed at the time of software purchase. 2. PN doesn't have a mobile platform to support cell phones. If the provider gets a call from answering service after hours, he has to find a computer or tablet to log into the system to document the call. 3. Information doesn't flow from one module to another. For example, when a patient comes in for Botox, MA logs the type of injectible, units, lot #, provider ect. PN won't push such info into invoice. When the patient is ready to be checked out, the front desk lady has to manually enter the same information again. This creates inefficiency and chance for error intentionally or unintentionally.

Marcie from Fox & Schingo Plastic Surgery

PatientNow

PatientNow allowed us to streamline our business. It was difficult to transition over to paperless, but the Patientnow system was pretty intuitive and our staff adjusted. It was an excellent choice for our business and I'm grateful we discovered it when be began our paperless transition back in 2011.

Pros

We are a plastic surgery practice and we purchased this software because it allowed us to use it for both our insurance billing as well as cosmetic billing. We sell skin care products as part of our business and this software allowed us to use a bar code scanner, inventory the products and create cosmetic invoices. A lot of medical software is not geared towards plastic surgery practices which require both insurance and cosmetic billing. The others that we researched, were much more complicated, much more expensive and had many components that we didn't need. We didn't want to pay for features we wouldn't end up using. We were fortunate to purchase PatientNow when it was first coming out and got a fantastic introductory offer.

Cons

Occasionally, I come across a report or feature that is missing, what I feel like, are obvious options. The help department usually is responsive to our feedback.

Katie from Robbins Plastic Surgery

Over all I would recommend this product to anyone. I do think it takes a little coaching at first to understand how to use the software but it is very helpful to pull reports and to help us track patient turn around. It is nice to be able to pre saved quotes so it reduces the amount of time a patient is waiting on me.

Pros

It helps us keep up with tracking our patients conversion rates.

Cons

I don't like that we have to give so much detail to generate a report. We have to create a new category for every procedure if that procedure requires a revision. We thought we had it down to where we could pull from a discounts report but we actually had to go in and create a revision category for all procedures to acquire accurate data.

Reasons for Switching to PatientNow

We wanted to see data and reports.

Rachel from Mazza Plastic Surgery

Product Review

PatientNow offers EVERYTHING you need for a practice. It provides everything from scheduling appointments, texting/emailing to communicate with patients, and extensive patient charts to running reports for tracking your practices growth and keeping your inventory, products, and services organized. It is a great program with just a few minor inconveniences. I feel like there is not program that will not have those though. The great part is PatientNow has great customer service to help you maneuver through those minor set-backs.

Pros

The customer service department availability and knowledge is awesome! If the person that I come in contact with first does not have a solution, they make sure they find the right person for finding the solution.

Cons

There are some simple functionalities that I wish were different. For instance, printing multiple copies of requisitions, quotes, invoices, etc. There is no option to print multiple copies at one time. It is little stuff like that, that may not take a long time, but through out the day gets frustrating. I also do not like that there is ONE type of scanner that is compatible with their program. It is a very expensive scanner and I wish there were more options.

Simran from Renew MD

Great system for a cash based aesthetic practice

Overall, great software product at an excellent price. Customer support has been great too, so I would highly recommend this to others.

Pros

The software has addressed key work flow requirements in aesthetic practices. It has very helpful templates already included and making your own custom templates is very easy. Now that our practice has had it for some time we have started looking at the analytics that the software offers. Finally, text and email marketing is included which means we do not have to pay another vendor to do it or enter emails/phone numbers on another platform.

Cons

I wish the software interface was more streamlined. When I say this, I am specifically referring to the small boxes and colors.

Reasons for Switching to PatientNow

Patient Now has more features for aesthetics. The pricing structure was also more favorable with Patient now compared to our previous EMR.

Scott from Scott Newman MD PC

Pretty unhappy with my experience.

I spent a fortune purchasing this software and basically only use it as a scheduler. There are parts of the software that are poorly thought out and the company has never addressed these issues. And after purchasing the full product they are now migrating to a cloud-based platform and have no regard for the fact that I purchased their software outright, and have paid for support monthly for years.

Pros

It’s programmability and it’s full feature set.

Cons

Lack of true support to ever get it properly Implemented

Reasons for Switching to PatientNow

Because of the programmable features in PatientNow

Neil from Plastic Surgery Institute of NM

Our experience with PatientNow for 7 years

Charting and record maintenance. Analysis of performance data.

Pros

Designed particular for esthetic surgery and medi spas. Very easy to set up and to use. Excellent tech support. Cloud storage eliminate the need for a local server and concerns of backup security. Easy to use at multiple sites.

Cons

Since transition to cloud storage, annual cost is higher. Still a good value.

Reasons for Switching to PatientNow

Need for a esthetic friendly program.

Christine from AKMD INC

Easy to use with a lot of features

Overall we are very pleased with Patient Now and have been using it for several years now. The tech support is very helpful.

Pros

The dashboard is very user friendly and our staff is able to learn the processes quickly. There are a lot of tutorials and webinars available.

Cons

There are some limitations to customization, and some steps that could be a little more efficient. The payment function requires you to use their merchant services.

Kaye from Riolo Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Good concept needing better functionality and speed

The owner is visionary. The concepts are great. It could be more user friendly. See above.

Pros

I bought this because of the patient engagement and retention features. It was okay until it became cloud based. It has good potential but it requires the support team to implement or change pathways.

Cons

The cloud based version. It is so slow it is actually disruptive to our day. Seems thing to disappear or drop off. The features that were supposed to be present in the cloud, and why we switched before we had to are not there, eg memberships and the ability to ACH their monthly payments. They supposedly have an iPad version that will help in the rooms but we haven’t gotten it up and running yet. You cannot just switch from one user to another without the whole program rebooting again and my assistants follow me rather than staying in the same room. Customer service is responsive but we are all very frustrated at the moment.

Elizabeth from DermPhilosophy

Online Booking and Other Functions that don't work like they should

The text reminders are really great. Also the pathways are good. They are a little complex but seem to work to get patients back in the door. I think once a quarter a trainer should go through them with their accounts as when things change etc. things can get messed up. Or they add new services and a pathway never gets created or gets created poorly.

Pros

Scheduling on this software is very easy. Creating invoices is also simple.

Cons

The online booking. There is no way for the patient to reschedule so they end up just booking multiple spots. Also, I wish there was a way to guarantee the booking with a credit card as so many people make appointments and don't show. Also, I wish when you selected a provider, the drop down for services only put what that provider is able to do. Many people are searching providers for the wrong services. Also, a schedule marking for patients that have done paperwork online. And it should prompt them to do this when booking.

Michelle from RejuvaWell

Best of the worst?

A bit Soso. It’s doing what we needed to do, but the promised constant contact integration that was supposed to happen in March 2019 never happened. The marketing portal is pretty worthless. The program is not a real cloud-based program which is irksome considering I have apple computers at home and had to buy a PC just to look on patient now. The software has glitches and patients do not like the portal either. More often than not they have difficulty accessing it and filling it out. Sometimes they get to the end of all the questions and the submit button does not work. If I start a note on a patient and then do a procedure, often that note disappears and I have to start over.

Pros

I like that customer service is very good, the trainers are excellent and the ease of creating notes and modifying templates is simple.

Cons

It is not possible to flip between windows. So if you are in putting a new product and forgot to put in the manufacturer, you have to switch out of one window, lose all of your information put in manufacturer and then go back. Sometimes this happens three or four times because there is a sequence of putting in things that is not intuitive and the software does not automatically create the flow for.

Reasons for Choosing PatientNow

Cloud based, Except that it’s not. This should’ve been fully disclosed at the beginning.

No EMR.

Michelle from Complexion MedSpa & Aesthetics

Patient Now Review

In the beginning, when we first began using PN it was informative and responsive to requests. Now it is difficult to get help with changes or get those implemented. No one seems to be there to review and help make suggestions to improve aspects of our account.

Pros

The overall use for many practitioners in the office is great. Not having to move from one system to another to capture changes is a big plus.

Cons

Making changes in the system is very difficult. The company is great at suggesting and having ADD-ON charges like the Enhanced Pathways. Which we bought into in March and in Oct. we are still trying to implement and working out the kinks. All the while those flawed emails are going out to the patients.

Reasons for Choosing PatientNow

The overall ability to be utilized by many staff members, and not having to move from one system to another to take a payment from the customer.

Hardik from Ethos Spa

New Cloud Based Software Glitchy

Great support.

Pros

Cloud based software is definitely the way to go and it has a lot of functionality. Probably too much for most oractices

Cons

Missing records. Slow upload speeds for pictures. Bloated software. Used to be better before. I wouldn’t recommend this unfortunately not something better to choose from. Overpriced

Limited functionality

Theo from Lexington Plastic Surgery

Good product

It is lower in cost than other systems, but cloud-based services make it difficult to use

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive, similar functions to other products on the market. Able to be modified to fit the practice.

Cons

No Mac support. Cloud based resources make it’s reliability frustrating at times. In the future, might consider backing up info locally.

$$$$

JENNIFER from Silhouette Med spa

Cloud service needs help

Overall a 4 out of 5.

Pros

Customer support and our trainer. The weekly webinars are great training tools

Cons

Since the cloud migration, we’ve had a couple of issues

Reasons for Choosing PatientNow

Not sure. Convenience of already on PN server then moving to their subscription cloud service was mandatory.

Lisa from Salem Plastic Surgery

Long-time users

it is an intuitive program to learn, but many features that we would think would be part of any good program aren't there and haven't been added over the almost 7 years we've requested them

Pros

Easy to navigate and intuitive. Makes it easy to onboard new employees. Unlike some other products it doesn't try to cover every specialty which makes it simple to understand

Cons

Can't bring up more than one session/patient at a time so have to interrupt what you're worjking with and navigate back where you were if you need to take care of another patient issue- especially challenging at front desk. No way of indicating urgent patient issues with warning- such as "do not schedule this patient" or "patient owes collections"- sticky note option is too easy to miss

Reasons for Choosing PatientNow

wasn't part of that process

Stephanie from Kristin Tarbet MD PLLC

PatientNow EMR System

I think PatientNow is a great option for practices wanting to implement a general EMR system that is easy for them to switch over from charts.

Pros

The EMR system was easy for a team that was just leaving charts, you can limit permissions for them so they can feel at ease navigating the system.

Cons

Support is a drawback. I often see updates that roll out and only learn about them after I see something new as I am using the system. Rarely do I get a live person to talk to when I want help and often get a ticket with a call 1-2 days later after I have figured things out on my own. Support is also not too helpful, if I ask them a question they will not always have the answer and tell me that something is not possible and then I learn on my own it was.

Hope from The Cosmetic Concierge, PLLC

DISHONEST AND DYSFUNCTIONAL. Do NOT downgrade to cloud based version until they fix big bugs!

I ran out of room above; but there are multiple other problems with PN and their support and capabilities. The report and data analysis are a joke--if you really want to know, for instance, how many of a specific surgery you book from a certain city or area code to know which of your ad campaigns are actually turning into booked cases you can not. If you want to know how many of a specific type of surgery you've done within a specific time period you have to just print all cases for that time period and count them yourself, and on and on. As I write this my nurse is on the phone with a PN technician for what will literally be her 12th hour trying to solve the loss of scanning capability which accompanies the cloud base version we, and other PN clients, are being pushed into using. Yes, with every change or upgrade prior functions are typically lost, the techs completely BS us by saying that it is a fault of our office, or something our IT guy did, etc., before finally admitting (after two weeks of this crap) that other offices are all having this same issue. This is absolutely standard operating procedure for PatientNow. They deny the problem for a while, we waste multiple hours trying to work around a technical issue ourselves with no help, I finally get angry and push it when what they are telling us makes no sense and finallly they admit that there is a problem on their end which they do not know how to fix; and do not know that they will ever fix.

Pros

My patient records are all currently stored in this EMR. That is the only pro. and the only reason we still have it. Will likely be switching soon.

Cons

Multiple misrepresentations and technical issues. Will list just a few : 1. Before and afters are crucial to a cosmetic surgery practice. PN has multiple issues with photo management .I put in an "enhancement request" July 2015-still pending. Issues include: You can create a before/after montage but CAN'T SAVE IT. Yep. You have to screen shot, save to your desktop, and then import back into the chart. Second, the before/after you create is not in a form usable for your website, ads, soc media, etc. It has a crude border which separates the photos and the right and left borders have dotted lines and arrows on them. Finally, if you want to do a 3x3 grid instead of 1x1 or 2x2 the photos can not be put in any specific order so you can not really show "before" and "after". PN salespeople are dishonest even if you pointedly ask a about a specific capability or if there are any extra charges, etc. PN administration will NOT back up what their salespeople promise and just tell you they don't know why you were told [fill in the blank]. Prime example: I thought long and hard before buying the software in 2012 and asked specifically if I would own the software, what kind of tech support I would have and whether there were ANY additional charges at all with the exception of add-ons discussed. Imagine my surprise when I was hit with a $5,000 annual "support fee" which has increased steadily in price since then. 3. Almost every capability they you would want is an additional charge.

I believed the hype.

Gabriele from New Look New Life

PatientNow is the best practice management Software

I have been using PatientNow for several years at this point and in my practice I always strive for improvements. Last year I took on the project to change PatientNow with a different practice management software. I evaluated several platforms including but not limited to Nextech and Remedly. Many promises were made by different companies but at the end, when my practice manager drilled into the softwares to check if this switch would benefit the practice, we quickly realized that PatientNow is the best option for our practice.

Pros

Very complete software for practice management at a very affordable price. Great customer service, easy to use.

Cons

I wish that they would switch to a native app or a web based version. now we work with a remote desktop connection that at time is a little slow

Michelle from Quintessa

Manager Review

I utilize customer support quite often, overall pretty decent.

Pros

I like how Patient Now bridges the gap between medical practice software and aesthetic treatments. It's user friendly and the addition of ramp and pulse has helped on the managerial side.

Cons

There are many features "in the works" and it's a small team.

Reasons for Choosing PatientNow

We used it in the past and the ramp/pulse/cloud based upgrades were everything we were looking for in the price range we needed.

Complaints by providers.

Christine from AKMD INC

Easy to use with a lot of features

Our staff is very happy with Patientnow. We have used it for several years now, and are still discovering ways to streamline our practice. Technical support staff from PatientNow are very nice and helpful, sometimes it is hard to get a hold of them, but they do respond back in a timely matter.

Pros

Patient now has lots of features, automated emails, inventory system and reporting that helps our practice run smoothly. We have multiple providers and we use Patientnow throughout the day. The dashboard is very user friendly, and it is easy to teach to our staff.

Cons

There are some limitations, and many add on packages that are not included. For the yearly price, it would be nice if all add ons were included.

Sam from The Centre, P.C.

Went from Server to Cloudbase

Over the years PatientNOW has really grown in the reports. Which very helpful. They are intergrating more and more which is a plus.

Pros

The software does a great job of capturing Patient info from contacts, scheduling, reports. It does what there company states Capture, Sustain, Grow! The New Features in the Cloud are way better then Server.

Cons

The communication is sometime slow or misleading. Cost more in operation then Server base. More internet and higher bill then Server clients.

Reasons for Choosing PatientNow

Cost was much higher and salesmen didn't leave the best impression. We have been with PatientNOW from the start in 2008, there is loyalty here as well!

Elsa from Cosmetic Surgery and Laser Center

Patient Now Review

As I said before it is a friendly system, easy to work with. It does help our billers to process insurance without a problem and the coordinators do not have problem with the software. The financial employees have some problems when the software is changed without advise.

Pros

The software is friendly. Easy to learn and use

Cons

My experience with customer service was not very positive., they reps are not friendly and seem to be bother when we have a problem and call them.

Reasons for Choosing PatientNow

It was a doctors decision. I believe it was during a medical seminar that the doctor found out about Patient Now.

Joyce from Smith Facial Plastics

Customer service fails

High turn-over of staff, I can't get the same staff trainer/account manager twice. Customer service is horrible, quite honestly, I don't have anything nice to say about Patient Now. Do you recommend any good EMR systems for us? We are in the market.

Pros

Easy to use, most of the time. Not much else to say here.

Cons

When a problem does arise, I inevitably know that I have to call Patient Now support to talk to someone on the phone who WON'T take ownership of the problem, absolutely WON'T have the answer you need, and will likely let the ball drop on the problem so that you have to call back in days later angry and irritated.

Thomas from Fiala Aesthetics

PatientNow - almost there...

Pros

Scheduling functions work well. Handles large patient data base well.

Cons

Patient information books do not handle multiple procedures well - there is much redundant printing of common sections. The old Inform software is dramatically better at this part of things - to the point that we still use it for pre-operative document generation. I am not happy that I am being forced to convert from our server-based version to a cloud-based version within the next year. I worry about data security and having a non-functional office in the event of an internet failure.

June 2016

Hillary from Grossman Plastic Surgery

June 2016

So happy we made the switch!

Pros

I love how simple it is to use. Everything about it can be totally configurable to what we need. We were able to drop some of our other partners, like solutionreach and reviewboost because patietnNOW offers that functionality and more integrated right into the system. Obviously, that cost savings alone has been significant. From a support perspective, I am always able to get through on the first try and my issues are resolved and questions explained in a timely and respectful manner.

Cons

I wish the surgical images were a little newer but we are able to import our own so it wasn't that big of a deal.

Denise from Rejuvenated Medical Spa

PatientNOW - A Software to Grow With

PatientNOW helped us get up and running when we opened this year. Their customer support has been outstanding and our trainer has gone above and beyond to see us use PatientNOW to its fullest benefits.

Pros

From the ease and maneuverability of entering front desk information through the clinical documentation, PatientNOW delivers what we need. Its customizable patient engagement, through its Treatment Pathways, enables our staff to accomplish other needed workflow tasks.

Cons

The ability to customize additional reporting is still needed, however PatientNOW is continually striving to meet the users needs so this should be coming in the future.

Reasons for Choosing PatientNow

Maneuvering through PatientNOW was quicker and more user friendly. Their Help videos and webinars help everyone become acquainted with what they need to know to do the aspects of the job in the software.

Vanessa from Gary R. Snider, MD

Easy to navigate!

It is a great way to communicate with our patient base. Its easy to use, and a great way to keep track of appointments, communications, and the ability to see how happy our patients are with our office. Would recommend to another practice any day.

Pros

This software makes scheduling appointments easy and quick for our office and our patients. A good part of our patients love the ease in communicating with our office via text/email.

Cons

There aren't very many bad things to say about this software. Its great all around.

Bianca from AW Plastic Surgery

Patient Now Review from plastic surgery office

Pros

It is simple to use, tutorials are straight foreward

Cons

How often it crashes, when there is a discovered bug that it takes weeks to be resolved.

Adriana from ilumaforma Aesthetic Surgery

Patient Now Review

For what we need PN for, it's working. For more complex duties, reporting, etc, we may have to switch to another program, or continue to use other forms of reporting.

Pros

For the most part, it is user friendly. The ability to customize everything is great and the coloring is easy on the eyes.

Cons

Reporting overall is terrible. There are too many functions. More general options would possibly lead to better reporting. Not being able to use PN on an iPad or tablet is inconvenient. Especially when trying to go paperless.

Jackson from Allura Skin, Laser & Wellness Clinic

Hands on Customer Support

Pros

The software has grown over time. They have added modules that support what we're trying to do. The customer support team is willing to help us find solutions to our issues. They can't always make PN work the way we need to work but they do try.

Cons

The software is difficult to use sometimes. We've added almost every new module they offer but it doesn't navigate that easily between sections. It does scheduling and EMR but its not always that easy to do the work.

Patient Now -- good for a small office

Pros

It is inexpensive compared to other practice management / EMR systems. It has the foundation to be a very good EMR / PM system. The support staff / help desk is very nice but sometimes unresponsive particularly with complicate issues.

Cons

The scheduling portion leaves a lot to be desired. Reports are not always accurate. Reporting functionality is limited. Forms are not easy to build. There is minor customization possible, changes are only made if groups of users want them.

Brian from Dr. Brian Windle

Quality Software for Plastic Surgery

I have used a number of EMR systems in the past and reviewed almost all of the packages available for plastic surgery. PatientNow is, in my mind, the clear winner for value, functionality, CRM, ease of use and reporting.

Pros

Great for automation of patient reminders and thus retention. Relatively simple to use as compared to other packages I have reviewed. Good support.

Cons

It is Windows based and thus the new cloud functionality is not as clean as if it was an IOS app but it is getting better with every update.

Jason from Vilate Med Spa LLC

There are better options

Overall not a bad experience but we have chosen to use another vendor instead

Pros

The company has been very responsive to problems and continual updates have been great.

Cons

There are better options with more features, less problems, and at a better price.

Reasons for Choosing PatientNow

Better features and ease of use.

Kyle from Sierra Nevada Cosmetic Surgery

PatientNOW for a plastic surgery practice

Not using paper has been great. Communication between users has been helpful. Easy to pull reports and collect data on patients, marketing, etc. Glitchy online portal and some basic note templates has been frustrating.

Pros

Designed towards cosmetic practices. Reports help track patients, referrals, and marketing efforts well. Relatively quick to complete charts.

Cons

Online patient portal is very glitchy. Some basic changes to templates should be easier to change. Billing software is difficult to use.