• Pros

• "I love the functionality. It allows me to do all of the tasks necessary for running my practice. I can do payroll, view therapists notes and more."

• "the Pimsy team is amazing--just like family! It is affordable and when I get stuck the solution is just always SO EASY!"

• "If a secondary insurance changes I only have to change that one, not the primary and secondary."

• Cons

• "Some of the updates were not user-friendly however, they made an option so we can use the old version so it's all good!"

• "Learning the software is a bit of a learning curve because you can customize so much. The billing side of the software was difficult to navigate but support was helpful."

• "There has been the occasional lag when using the system. However, it has improved every few months with ongoing updates to the software."

Browse PIMSY EHR Reviews

October 2012

Seth from Norcon Family Counseling

October 2012

Excellent Program

I would highly recommend Pimsy to other therapists who are looking to streamline their paperwork at a reasonable monthly cost. To me, the most important thing about an EMR is to have the features that you need, have it customizable to your business, rather big or small, and to be able to use those features. I don't care if you have the best program in the world, if you can't use it, then it doesn't help you. Pimsy has the features that I need and the customer support to teach me how to use them. I feel my hours of research for a good EMR company has paid off. Pimsy more than pays for itself by streamlining my office, improving efficiency and reducing billing times. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good EMR company that will help you implement its program and help you with any questions you have along the way.

Pros

I researched multiple EMR programs to find one that was affordable for a small business owner like myself, yet had all the features for a big company, so I could expand my practice. Pimsy was the clear winner. EMRs are completely new to me, and Pimsy was easy enough for me to implement and understand. With all technology and new programs, there is a learning curve, but Pimsy makes that easy. I can always call or email and get an immediate reply and if I need additional help, they will join me on my computer and walk me through exactly how to do whatever I am needing. This is all included in the monthly fee. I can now do my electronic billing that used to take days in a matter of minutes. No more searching for folders, spending hours on billing, trying to remember insurance authorizations. It is all here. Thanks to Pimsy, I am getting ready to add a therapist to my practice, because I now have the tools I need to effectively manage my clients, my billing, and more therapists.

Cons

There are a few features that I would love to see implemented into Pimsy. For instance, the automatic messaging program is still in the beta stage, and I felt like it needed a little more features, before I would want to use that for my company. But because Pimsy is a customer centered business, they take the customer suggestions for improvements and try to implement them in their next quarterly update. So if I ever run across something that I would like to see or perhaps a simple thing that I think would be helpful, I can just submit a support ticket and they will add it to their list of things to look at for the next update.

July 2016

Katie from Counseling Resource Services, Inc.

PIMSY in my opinion

As we use PIMSY more and more, it becomes a little more apparent that the features of this program are pretty good. While it is missing some safeguards that we had hoped (and were told) were available, such as holding billing if no consent to bill was turned in, it is generally pretty easy to go back and check once you add this into your billers work flow. There were several things we were sold on that were not accurate, but PIMSY has stepped up in most cases and created a work around for these - such as not being Mac compliant. Switching from a windows based EMR to an excel based EMR has been very trying and difficult for most of our employees. I feel like training was a vague overview of the system and there is so much more to learn that we stumble upon and through - not that the employees at PIMSY are not knowledgeable but that it's such a vast system to learn and truly working in it teaches you what to look for, but maybe a better understanding from the beginning of what flows from where would have made it a little more smooth of a transition. We had some major billing issues in the beginning, but have recovered nicely and for the most part everything is running smoothly at this moment. As we continue to use the system, I personally get more comfortable with it and the ease of use increases, however I am sitting behind a desk in a stationary location. Many of our traveling therapists are unable to use the program on the go because it's not a mobile program and it's too time consuming to try to load at each patients home which is causing many more after hours work.

Pros

being able to add documents, one place to keep track of everything, being able to add/build reports

Cons

not Mac compatible, not mobile friendly, errors not clear to what is wrong/how to fix, and most times there is not a customer service rep available to help, you have to leave a message and wait for a call back

Jen from Matt's Place

Industry: Mental Health Care

PIMSY allows our business to grow successfully

When we first began PIMSY was still working on programming secondary claims integration for EDI. Once this was live, it made a huge impact on reducing my time on claims processing.

Pros

PIMSY has allowed our Non Profit the ability to be productive and successful all at an affordable cost. Scheduling, medical records, coordination with Pediatricians and billing in one system is simple. PIMSY's functionality improves every year with insightful integrations that continue to make running a busy mental health office easier. The billing and customer service teams are undeniably amazing!

Cons

PIMSY works hard every year to improve their software and meet the needs of their customers. Understanding the initial build well is critical and taking the time to carefully learn and review options will ease any long term stress.

Reasons for Choosing PIMSY EHR

PIMSY was the best choice to get one system that could do everything we needed to run our office smoothly. PIMSY is cost effective and conscience of the needs of their customers. Thank you!

Tiffany from The Northern Lighthouse,inc

PIMSY Mental Health EHR revieww

I love the support we get from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. We can always get assistance when needed and they have gone above and beyond to help us get our system customized to meet our needs in Maine for licensing. Great job!!

Pros

I like the fact that we can customize some portions to meet our needs. I like that the system is user-friendly, easy to use, and learn. I love the renewal portions so that we are always up to date on our stuff.

John from Psychological Health Roanoke

Daily work use for well over 1 year doing scheduling and note keeping

Pros

Not much. The back-end billing function for 3rd party payers is OK - but any other billing process -like product sales, our EAP program services, worker's compensation clients and consulting services are needlessly cumbersome. - and have resulted in us using a different billing system altogether resulting in other inconveniences and inefficiencies. Other people using this for scheduling have a similar experience.

Cons

At purchase we were promised an electronic transfer of existing client base- then after told after it would create so many problems, it would be better to hand enter all existing clients which number in the 1,000s and cost us both time and money. Attempts to fix bugs of which there are many are typically ignored. Some bugs - occasionally the program tries to force scheduling of clients on a weekly basis; when entering more than one diagnostic code, much of the time one or more code does not enter on the first c try, requiring reopening of the function and starting over; the calendar change is slow and inconsistent often jumping over months. The program is very slow - often slower with each upgrade as they add code. Occasionally the changes limit functions requiring us to use work-around practices - for example, we are unable to schedule groups efficiently.

Andrew from BeneSys, Inc.

A powerful yet very affordable system geared for behavioral health .

It helps us manage our behavioral health practice more efficiently. We are able to have a fully fledged EHR with a lot of features and a pretty nice interface at an affordable price.

Pros

The software has everything you could want in terms of functionality for an EHR: automated billing, a nice scheduler that clinicians can perform all their tasks from (notes, etc.), an extensive online patient portal, patient reminders, alerts, easy to use catalog of diagnosis codes, custom note templates and surveys. They thought of everything you could want and more and it offers a lot of customization.

Cons

There are some things with the interface I don't like. I would like to see better ability to drag and drop appointments on the calendar. Also, a drop down on the calendar that has a list of all appointments for a patient when you have a specific patient selected would be very helpful rather than having to flip back through the calendar. I feel like some of the Excel based lists where things are stored such as patient documents looks kind of bare bones though some improvements have been made. Most importantly I would like to see PIMSY partner with a clearinghouse and integrate it into the software. This would make billing that much easier.

Melissa from ABC Counseling & Family Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

PIMSY is exactly what we needed as a small non-profit agency and behavioral health provider.

Efficiency in billing, accountability in documentation and billing, organized client data management system, electronic health record, improving auditing results.

Pros

We appreciate that PIMSY is able to adapt to our agency's unique needs. With a variety of payment sources outside of the typical self pay and private insurance, PIMSY has been responsive to our requests for custom reports, invoicing, and processes to help streamline our billing. It has enabled us to be more aware of and efficient with our time, and recognize where we need to improve in efficiency and organizational processes. The reviewing and auditing features took us from 80% compliant to 99.8% compliant in one year! Our therapists tell us it is easy for them to document services, and our billing coordinator loves the accuracy in reporting and client data management. The training was flexible and responsive, and everyone we've worked with has been incredibly friendly. As a small not-for-profit, cost was a factor for us. We've gotten a lot of bang for our buck for this system, and it was worth the investment!

Cons

There are so many features, settings, and ways to customize PIMSY, that sometimes the number of buttons, menus, and options can be overwhelming. PIMSY customer support is accessible, helpful, and quick to answer our questions, but sometimes I feel like I have to click 5 menus and twenty buttons before I fix a problem.

Dan from Dan Silverman, LCSWR

AN AMAZING PRODUCT WITH AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE

PIMSY has been everything I've wanted and more all under "one roof". From client scheduling, billing, tracking, statistics and even sending client reminders. I am so much more efficient in my private practice now and wish I had discovered PIMSY sooner. I love how this product is so customizable and tailored to your specific business needs. This product has SO many options it's almost limitless. There is a learning curve, but the PIMSY staff's knowledge of the product, hands on approach and patience make learning the product much easier. They are with you every step of the way and very responsive when issues arise. The trainers are so personal and attentive, its like white glove service. They even have tutorial videos for additional help! For the last 20 years, I have tracked client payments using cumbersome Excel spreadsheets. Those days are gone, as PIMSY does that and more for me with the click of a mouse. PIMSY provides very detailed reports such as client payments, income for the month, insurance payments yet to be paid etc. as fast as you can click a mouse. One of my favorites is the ability to print a very professional receipt for a client within seconds. Progress notes, treatment plans, reminders of when your License expires or to walk your dog, PIMSY is a Clinician's dream. The fact that it's cloud based means I don't worry about losing my information and I run it off my Surface Book and Desktop computers. If you're searching for a product that does it all, stop and reach out to them, you wont' be disappointed.

Pros

How its completely tailored to what you need and want. Its designed to make you efficient in your day to day activities.

Cons

The learning curve. But, there's no way to have such a product with all of the options and customization without a learning curve.

Jennifer from Family Solutions

Very Pleased Client

Pros

I think it is incredibly user friendly and fits perfect with our business objectives. Your customer support could not be any better. In particular, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a huge part as to why we trust this product so much.

Cons

The reports are not as user friendly as I would like and having to save two different places on the invoice screen is a little strange.

Heather from Jackson County Psychological Services

Basic and Easy to use

Pros

As a therapist having to use the software it was simple to learn, to navigate and to use.

Cons

It was basic and did not include many functions that other similar programs offer.

Manote from MTF Counseling Resources, LLC

In Loving Memory of Judy

Pros

The best thing about the product and the vendor is the team that makes up PIMSY. No software is perfect but, PIMSY and its' support staff sure makes great strides towards perfection. I can not say enough of how robust this EMR is and how this software grows as you grow. Our facility probably utilizes probably 10 percent of the software and just that 10 percent alone accommodates a facility of 296 clients, 17 clinicians, and 2 administrative staff members. As small as we are, the staff and the support team always treated us like a large corporation, what more can you say about that except for THANK YOU.

Cons

What do we like the least about the software is the speed (ie., page transitions) and that PIMSY is only Windows based (ie., must purchase parallel for in order for PIMSY to work on MACs)

Gwen from PSYCHOLOGICAL HEALTH ROANOKE

Has been good and bad.

Pros

The team members at Pimsy are friendly and make a sincere effort to fix any issues and provide what we need. The issues are not with Pimsy staff, but with the product itself. We are a very large group, and it seems the product is just not as Reception friendly, and is missing key elements that the business office staff could really benefit from.

Cons

I work in the business office doing denials, and I need to refile claims to paper for many different reasons all week long. I CAN NOT print a claim-HCFA-form. I have to type them by hand. This means, I have to look up the address for the Insurance company, toggle back and forth for patient info, ect....and one you go back and forth, the system will not allow you to continue typing on that line-you have to skip the line you are on and back to it, before it will allow you to continue typing. There were many things about our old system that automatically populated in....not with Pimsy....drives me nuts!

May 2015

Catherine from 3-C Family Services, P.A.

Robust, Customizable system, GREAT customer support

Pros

The system is very robust with a lot of great features and has ability for customization (done internally or with PIMSY's help). System improvements from the company have made it even easier to use for any level of tech experience. The customer support is outstanding with great response times - they make you feel like one of the team!

Cons

The way the scanned documents are stored and organized isn't ideal. PIMSY suggested another vendor to work with for a program that can be integrated with the program. This add-on has the ability to OCR documents, search by keyword and other meta data, and has an easier coding process. They also have excellent customer support.

Julie from KARE, Inc

August 2016

Makes reporting and documentation so much easier!

PIMSY has allowed us to have such more complete records for our clients and provides us with the ease to pull information and reports in a very timely manner. Our documentation process has become substantially more standardized so that for any client we can be sure we have consistent information.

Pros

The fact that we can customize and dial in the software to fit our needs is the best part of PIMSY. We appreciate that help is a quick email away when we have questions and that we can always get the answers we need.

Cons

As we do not need some of the functions, we have had to find "work arounds" for a few items but the support team has always found solutions for us.

Julie from Desert Milagros

The overall experience we have had with Pimsy has been great. A good software for behavioral health.

Pros

The software was easy to learn how to use and the updates for the software are based on the needs of companies that are using the program. The training's for the software were scheduled during times that were convenient for our office and staff, and the continued support is wonderful.

Cons

At times the updates for reports and fields within the software can take awhile to get completed. Unfortunately our internet has been very slow in our location, so it may be nice to have the option of having the program as a software on the hard drive of computers.

Lisa from Center for Child Development

I love PIMSY and have used it for the past several years.

Pros

Cons

I wish it was a bit faster. I think because it's so laden with data, it runs a bit slow at time. Sometimes it feels complicated so I avoid some tasks, but the customer support is just first class.

Response from Smoky Mountain Information Systems

Replied October 2017

Thanks so much for your feedback, Lisa! We really appreciate it! We actually just migrated PIMSY to a new server and made massive speed enhancements throughout the entire system. You should see a huge improvement in speed next time you use PIMSY!

Aloha from Directions Counseling Group

PIMSY is an evolving system to use, it's customer service is second to none

Pros

PIMSY is definitely evolving. I like that I can talk to customer service about what is working and what isn't and that development is willing to find fixes to accommodate our wishes. I have only been working with PIMSY and learning the system for about 6 months and their customer service is remarkable. They all take the time to walk you through any issues you have and if they don't have the answer they are sure to get back to you for a followup to resolve the situation.

Cons

There is a lot more that I wish that PIMSY could do such as a start and stop date/time for separate schedules for clinicians. There is a big learning curve when you start anything new, but at least I have their support team and I can use the chat forum in a time where I can't be on the phone.

April 2015

Angela from Motivational Services

April 2015

From an IT Perspective

Our agency moved from another provider to PIMSY in April of 2014. While change is always traumatic for end users, and the time investment in training is unavoidable, the ease of the PIMSY interface was a great benefit. Set up was simple, and the team at PIMSY walked me through every aspect. Data was transferred from the prior EHR, so we were able to really hit the ground running with current information. What I have appreciated most has been the stellar customer service I have recieved from not only the support desk, but from the developer as well. As things change, they update the software, providing us with changes and additions we, or others, have requested. We are completely implemented, after less than a year. This may sounds like along time, but we had our other EHR for 10 years, and were still not doing treatment plans in it. To me, this implementation has had it's usual stressors, but was significantly easier than the two others I have worked on in the past. Training end users has been quick, and most have picked up this new tool easily. Billing has been challenging, as we had some interesting billing goals, and they have worked with us, diligently, to accomplish those. We have a one person billing department, so having Ian and Kori available, and able, to work with us to insure our needs are met has been invaluable. It can't all be perfect, right? The only con comes in the form of complaints from users about how the Surveys (forms, basically) are presented. Only active information populates front and center, and they often want to see historical information, and dates, for auditing purposes. Once shown how to see that information, however, most are content.

September 2016

Brian from North Springs Counseling Services

September 2016

PIMSY is Great!

As a therapist, records are critical. PIMSY makes inputting, archiving, and retrieving my notes easy and seamless. Customer Support has always been able to help us and rectify any little issues that come up unexpectedly.

Pros

Ease of use, organization, calendar, reminders if I forget to write a note, and accessibility.

Cons

Other than errors that pop up every once in a while, there is not a lot of negative to say about it. What system doesn't have an error every once in a while?!

Andrea from Mohawk Valley Counseling Associates

August 2016

Excellent Software for our business.

Pros

When speaking with our rep at the start of the process we had 100% confidence that he understood what we needed and how to tailor the product to fit just for us. He was not trying to sell us what we didn't need. His understanding of the Health Care industry and all sides of the office gave us relief to know his guidance and support were a part of the plan. Each interaction we had from there was excellent. From the IT guys helping us understand what we needed in office to how to bill our first client was handled with patience and professionalism.

Cons

We are still learning all that PIMSY has to offer and we are looking forward to growing into this program.

Greta from Jackson County Psychological Services

walking

further develop templates that will self populate; medical pieces; further development of user side; development of full electronic forms w/ signature pads; ability for supervision documentation to be entered/stored/signed w/ electronic signature; pick list for threads and hard copied in system so they aren't mixed up and confusing; dashboard of tracking that staff can see at all times (expirations dates/units) more development of reports

Pros

Ability to run reports for QI projects;access billing information;ability to navigate easily; easy access to developer who addresses issues as soon as possible;

Cons

alerts seperated between communications between staff-alerts of reknewals get lost in the shuffle. Threads are very confusing because they aren't written in system by administrators; is slow and not accessible at times; updates often change things in the system

Response from Smoky Mountain Information Systems

Replied August 2010

Greta has been great to work with. She has been intrumental in offering up suggestions that help to make PIMSY a better product. The speed issues that have been mentioned by JCPS are valid in the sense that they often times are working with very limitied band width (sometimes just above dial up) and pulling up large amounts of data at a time. JCPS does between 4 and 6 thousand notes a month so limited bandwidth would definitely cause some issues. Other areas mentioned are always being improved to make them more intuitive and keep up with the ever changing environment of Mental Health.

Kim from The Counseling Group

The training and customer service is exceptional. The program is a compliment to our services.

By combining our scheduling, notes and financial records our office is much more efficient and have increased productivity as well as return time on invoices.

Pros

I like how you can customize reports and view accurate data constantly. These reports can tell you about patient care quality measures, audit counselor notes as well as monitor financial records and income flow.

Cons

As with any system there are some issues such as speed and restrictions. My least favorite is probably in the billing department not being able to drop an invoice to paper or file a Secondary Insurance electronically.

Emily from MAS Community Health

EHR Admin and Project Manager for PIMSY Roll Out

Working with Adam Lowell of Maine Technology Group and with all the amazing people at PIMSY has been a life changing experience. If you are considering an EHR system and are a little nervous, PIMSY's support team is second to none. One of the greatest elements about PIMSY's EHR system is the ability to customize. My company has made countless special requests and Adam and the PIMSY team have listened to our needs and have worked through to find solutions with us every step of the way. Taking a moment to speak about Maine Technology Group; Adam gave up the use of his conference room for 3 days out of the week for our team to meet in a centralized location, and he did this for months. Adam was amazingly attentive, always available, and often came early and stayed late for any special meetings or requests. During our trainings for internal staff he was there to help set-up, take down, and acted as helping resource for people who were struggling. Adam even set-up catering at a local restaurant for our entire staff! Kim Gordon did a fantastic job training our Champions and Superusers and actually stayed on the phone as a resource all during the times we trained our internal staff. I also personally met with Marisa Thompson also from PIMSY on a weekly basis; the individual attention really made trouble shooting issues so much easier. To Adam and everyone at PIMSY, thank you from the bottom of my heart!

June 2016

Angela from Motivational Services, Inc.

June 2016

Personalized and Professional Team Work!

Pros

I enjoy the personalized experience when requesting support. The PIMSY team works to support me and the needs of my organization when planning for suture upgrades and in every day support needs. In most areas, the product is easy to use, easy to train staff to use and allows for personalization to specific organizational requirements.

Cons

We have struggles with using the product to its fullest within our residential programs, in part, I believe, because the product was initially geared toward outpatient servicees (which we also provide), but PIMSY has made significant progress in helping us meet those needs.

March 2015

Leigh-Ann from PIMSY EHR

March 2015

Great product, excellent customer service!

Disclaimer: although I am an employee of PIMSY, I am also a user of the system: we utilize PIMSY for our in-house company management. This means that I interact with the product - and our support department - like any other client. Pros: PIMSY is a great product: it reduces time-consuming tasks to a few button clicks - it keeps our company information organized and integrated - and it keeps all of our data safe & secure on the Cloud, fully HIPAA compliant. One of PIMSY's greatest strengths is the customer service team: they go above and beyond to train and support you. They make sure that you're using PIMSY to its fullest capacity - and they go the extra mile to answers questions, provide high-level support, and address any concerns you might have. Cons: PIMSY is an enterprise-level EHR + practice management software integrated into one system. This means that it's big and can do a LOT - and is therefore not the best fit for small practices (1-5 users). Like any powerful software tool (and any other enterprise-level EHR) PIMSY requires an initial investment of training and set-up before it can be fully calibrated for your practice. This initial learning curve is not the best fit for smaller organizations that typically don't have the volume of data and intricate demands on the system that larger agencies do.

Gina from Marriage & Family Therapy Services, Inc

PIMSY EHR for Behavioral Health Provider

Pros

Program is "intuitive" as described by PIMSY sales staff. Excellent level of support during on-boarding and set-up. Customizable alerts, prompts, lists, etc.. to track treatment authorizations, patient documents, billing/claims, and staff credentialing. Support for payroll calculations. Patient portal can be customized to include required documents, behavioral health surveys, and the like. Supports electronic claims and billing (EDI) through a variety of clearinghouse options. Is able to support both UB04/CMS1450 Institutional/Facility Claim/Hospital and HCFA/Professional Claim/CMS1500. HIPPA encryption

Cons

Font size can be difficult when scrolling through lists with multiple options. Unable to drop medical claims/billing to paper (print) them directly from the website.

Shawna from Yellowstone Recovery Center

We have been using PIMSY for about two years and have had a positive experience.

Pros

The software is easy to use and has many features that make work flow easier. The support team has been great in implementation and continued support.

Cons

At times the billing side of the program has been difficult to navigate but support team has been helpful in this area when needed.

tana from MWRS

Pimsy Rocks!

Customer rep is amazing--she is always available to us--it feels like she is part of our team!

Pros

Ease of use--tons of functions--and the best ever customer support! And the team taught US how to build our system so we have knowledge about how it works and this reduces time when an issue does arise

Andrew from BioCare Recovery

Excellent EHR with extensive feature set

Pros

PIMSY EHR is an entire practice management software package. Not only does it document and organize patient charts well, it offers many practice management tools that are value add to the organization. PIMSY's customer support is responsive, motivated, and thorough.

Christine from Long Grove Psych Associates

Industry: Mental Health Care

Pimsy EHR is a decent practice management software.

Pros

Pimsy is pretty easy to use. I love the reminders for example if I forget to write a client note. I love that you can build a report and add documents as needed. The functionality of the product is really good.

Rachelle from Samaritan Counseling Center Hawaii

The customer service team is wonderful. They are knowledgeable, helpful, and patient.

Pros

It is full-featured - it has all the tools we need to manage records and submit claims electronically, so we don't have to worry about back-ups or paper files. I like the different permissions for different users, the built-in reports, and the document storage.

Cons

The fact that you can access the same screen/information from multiple places makes it both easy to use and a little cluttered.

Leslie from Mohawk Valley Counseling Associates

Pimsy Is Worth Every Penny

Pros

Pimsy has been the key to efficiently managing our mental health counseling practice. It has been a huge time saver in that everything from documentation to billing can be completed in a fraction of the time.

Cons

The whole experience of transitioning to Pimsy has been a positive one. Of course there is a learning curve as you start to utilize the different features, however the excellent support staff and the extensive training make it all very manageable.

August 2016

Mary from Mohawk Valley Counseling Assoc.

Pimsy Review

Not a pro on the computer but the training was awesome and got me going. The staff was easily accessible and explained things well.

Pros

Once I got more familiar, it made my job SO much easier and less time consuming.

Cons

It probably has features I will never need.

November 2015

Max from Alcohol and Drug Services

November 2015

PIMSY is an Excellent EHR Option

When we began searching for an EHR, we wanted one that was logical in its layout and visually easy to navigate. PIMSY really stood out in this area as well as having more features than any other EHR in its price range. We explored many EHR options over the course of a year and confidently selected PIMSY at the end of our vetting process. Integration: PIMSY is very well integrated bringing together the essential modules & components of a diverse practice into one streamlined interface. Our agency researched our options for over a year. After serious deliberation, we chose PIMSY and are very pleased with our choice. I want to emphasize that not only is the product a superior value, but the staff and customer support have been truly outstanding. The company is also committed to constant improvement and they periodically offer software updates based on user feedback. Their willingness to listen to customers' needs and to craft solutions based on that input is a real asset.

Julie from The Counseling Group

Industry: Mental Health Care

Overall, moving to Pimsy has been a very positive experience and we are very happy with the outcome.

Incorporation of three separate programs into one easy to use program.

Pros

I really like that all our needs are met in one program. The Pimsy program incorporates billing, scheduling, and electronic health records and easily connects the three for ease of use.

Cons

From a billing perspective, I would like the capability to file Secondary claims electronically. Also there are times when we need to drop a claim to paper and we can't do this on Pimsy. The program could be faster when moving between programs and also moving within the calendar when scheduling.

January 2011

Kevin from Pathway to Hope Counseling Services, Inc.

January 2011

Effective-useful product for increased company efficiency

very good product. tkes a bit of time to get set up to make use of all product functions.

Pros

very useful in helping with company organization. allows for many reporting options that we find very useful.

Cons

set up time required is extensive. setting up all clients with diagnosis codes, billing codes, and authorizations requires more time than expected but not over-burdening.

Response from Smoky Mountain Information Systems

Replied January 2011

PIMSY is a comprehensive practice management system. It is also a very flexible system. So it does require that the system be set up appropriately to meet your needs. That said, we hold your hand every step of they way. If you sign up for Team PIMSY, we'll do the set up for you. With Team PIMSY you get trained part-time / temporary or ongoing help with PIMSY set up and anything else you need all at a low hourly rate. It's perfect for you if you need to make the switch to a new system but don't have the time or resources to make it happen.

Kristine from Private Practice

Clunky software

Pros

This product seems to offer good features for billing and notes. There are automatic preset notes for progress reports. It is easy to look at each client's chart/file, it will bring up all notes, demographic info, billing, etc.

Cons

This product can only operate on Windows and it runs VERY slow. You always have to refresh the calendar to make any changes. The phone app is also very old and has very limited features.

Response from LeighAnn

Replied May 2018

We are sorry you are having a negative experience. Performance of PIMSY and the PIMSY App can vary, depending on a lot of factors, some of which are out of our control. Please contact our support department and we'll be happy to see if we can do anything on our end to make it better for you.

Brooke from Transition behavioral healthcare

July 2016

Great customer care and intelligent services

Pros

Easy to use, constantly updating software with new options to keep up with all that's out there

Cons

Simple little things like where phone call notes can or should be kept

March 2014

Manote from MTF Counseling Resources, LLC

March 2014

Small business owner

I have researched various EHR software over the past two years to manage our small outpatient mental health practice and found various issues with most of them (i.e.., cost, being hostage to a particular Clearinghouse, poor support/ or customer service, unable to customize software to our particular needs, wants, and accreditation requirements) until now. This program appeared to have been created by someone who shared our similar experiences . PIMSY met and exceeded our expectations, flat out they nailed it. It is appropriately priced, with the functions that are needed to manage our practice. If you are looking for a software that will grow as you grow and cater to your business needs, PIMSY is it. The only issue that I had, was with myself. I became overwhelmed with the software at first because of how comprehensive it is but, don't fret. PIMSY will hold your hand every step of the way.

Erika from KEYS DEVELOPMENT, LLC

I LOVE THIS SOFTWARE!!

Pros

The vendor is absolutely wonderful. Very hands on and attentive. PIMSY is a wonderful product. I love the way you can personalize the software to fit the needs of your agency.

Cons

It's not compatible with Apple products.. I wish it was web based..

March 2012

Brittany from The Counseling and Diagnostic Center

March 2012

Made my life so much easier!

I am very excited to merge my SAL calendar with my google calendar and would also be interested in accessing the Pimsy program through the web.

Pros

This is the first billing system our company has implemeted. Pimsy has really helped facilitate organization and efficiency. We are impressed with the alerts system and have several different alerts in place. It helps the doctor and our therapists track authorizations and notes entry on a timely basis.

Cons

I am still having trouble routing our electronic payments through the 835 file, but I'm sure once I take some time to toubleshoot, the problem will be quickly resolved.

Max from Psychamerica Behavioral Services LLC

PIMSY Review

Pros

It was specifically designed for behavioral health; great support.

Cons

It is not 100% able to be customized to our practice needs.

Devona from Mountain Youth Resources

PIMSY review for MYR

I would highly recommend PIMSY to any agency providing a varity of services, in Mental Health, Juvenile Justice or social services.

Pros

PIMSY has been an asset to MYR and to the speed at which staff can provide daily paperwork. PIMSY provides availability for all staff on a specific client to see the record at any time, day or night. PIMSY is extremely user frendly and rarely is down for any reason. PIMSY is flexible for all the varity of programs that MYR provides to children, adults and families in WNC.

Cons

Staff continue to wait for a scheduling component. Group notes are somewhat difficult to navigate

Gus from Safe and Stable Families Wellness Center, P.C.

New PIMSY User

Before PIMSY I purchased an expensive competitor EHR that did not meet my needs and was overly complicated for my staff. PIMSY solved this in a matter of weeks I was up and billing using PIMSY

Pros

Ease of use and billing features.

Cons

None.

April 2016

STEPHANIA from psychological health roanoke

2.5

Overall average

Pros

Cons

I think it takes too long when scheduling patients, there needs to be notification of some kind on the calendar side if there are important notes on the account. It doesn't track authorizations well at all. In some aspects it is great, but there are some areas that need work.

Mollie from JCPS

Medical review

PIMSY is easy to navigate/user friendly and able to be modified to fit individual company needs

Pros

Ian is GREAT to work with and very responsive to what the company needs. Plus is that we can basically ask for what we need and it will happen and be revised if needed later. Having instant access to therpists notes and easy communication about clients is GREAT.

Cons

There was no medical "piece" when I arrived but it is coming together and the docs have been able to really design what it is we need. Haven't actually used it the new medical template live yet..

tana from MWRS

June 2016

PIMSY has been wonderful--very affordable, a lot of support

Pros

Cons

n/a There is nothing that I don't like about Pimsy--it is a wonderful solution to fill our EHR needs

Erin from The FOcus Center Counseling & Psychiatric Services

May 2015

A complete EMR at an affordable price for any size practice

PIMSY offers a complete EMR and practice management system that is sufficiently customizable, easy to use and affordable for both the individual practitioner and large practice. The customer service team is always responsive and helpful and adapts the goals for future upgrades to the needs of the user. When looking for a new EMR, I was looking for something I could grow into and was affordable for my start-up practice, but complete enough to meet my needs for addressing both medical records management and practice management. PIMSY fit that bill and I never regretted my choice.

Dorene from Psychological Health Roanoke

1.5

1.5

Still not sure...

Pros

PIMSY has been readily available for technical support and trouble shooting. It is affordable.

Cons

PIMSY is very cumbersome and slow to work with. After we purchased it, it became more and more obvious it was a beta-product that still had many kinks and was not really designed for a large practice.

Lindsay from Jackson/ Haywood County Psychological Services

PIMSY

I would recommend this product.

Pros

--it does pretty much everything I need it to --makes it easy for organization of my medical records

Cons

--sometimes runs slowly if I'm doing a lot --little gliches still to be worked out to help ease of use

Response from Smoky Mountain Information Systems

Replied August 2010

Speed has been an issue with this client. It is primarily caused by poor band width in the area. We have checked and sometimes this company is running at speeds just above dial-up. This issue is compounded by the fact that the company does somewhere between 4k and 6k notes a month. So they are pullinig up a lot of data all the time.