• Pros

• "Easy to use, great customer service. Very easy to see which staffer did what. Makes retracing steps very easy. "

• "Everything in the system is extremely easy to use, very user friendly and the customer service support is amazing. "

• "Easy to use, customizable, the app is great, fantastic meaningful use help, ICD-10 conversion was 100% stress-free"

• Cons

• "CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING I DON'T LIKE EXCEPT I CAN'T DELETE FILES IN THE MESSENGER AREA AND REMAKING OR RETURNING ORDERS CAN BE DIFFICULT AT TIMES."

• "There are not too many 'cons' that come to mind, but for some functions within the system there are too many clicks. "

• "Start up cost is a bit high initially, but the month to month is manageable. Overall, the service outages are annoying when they are during the day. "

Browse RevolutionEHR Reviews

Darcy/April from sarnia family optometry

This is my first experience with "paperless" records- wholly an excellent, easy to use product.

quickly keep track of inventory, check the schedules, use anywhere there is a reliable internet connection- I've been on vacation and been able to help staff answer questions and complete records. Its a reliable work horse.

Pros

The ease of use in record taking- with training and familiarity, it became second nature within a few days. Its even better once patient's return for their repeat exams in subsequent years. I'll use the phrase, "How did I get along before this?" I love how much more complete I can make the record- recording even more detail than I did with paper records. I highly recommend this product, but, its going to cost you.

Cons

The inability to easily take a previous report (for eg. Diabetic reports to physicians), transfer it forward and just modify the date and few particulars. Also, the inability to easily reorder the same contact lenses, but with the updated rx- the current system requires the entire order to be started from scratch again. The drawing feature is unwieldy.

Alvaro from Crystal

Truly worth the money

A great EHR system that allows the doctor to spend face-time with the patient instead of becoming a data entry person.

Pros

I like the streamlined layout and minimalism of the software. It is as simple or as complicated as you need it to be without having to add or takeaway from other features. Since Rev is cloud-based, I don't have to worry about backups or server-side computer failure corrupting data. It is very simple to use: It's no different than using your typical web-form. The learning curve for the software is small. Generally, pretty easy to teach employees how to use the software which saves me time and money. Easy to generate reports and you have the ability to make basic SQL-style reports to monitor most of what you need to. Easy admin tools that allow one to customize exactly how much access a user can have which in turn makes it easier to comply with HIPAA. The updates are digestible and easy to adapt to: nothing crazy to figure out. Submitting claims is ridiculously easy as long as the insurance vendor is set up correctly: which also isn't hard (Medicare claims are a little different setup). I don't even remember the last time I called support (They're nice by the way). The software is extremely consistent and intuitive.

Cons

An unfair criticism would be that every now and again the software refreshes while typing (which I completely understand is a result of the syncing of data between the browser and the cloud, but I doubt this can be helped at the moment. This will only get better as faster bandwidths become the norm) I much rather have to repeat a field once every few weeks than worry about backups and computer issues. (Since I have to pick a con, but this is such a non-issue) It doesn't make me coffee in the morning, but I don't think they offer this as an option, although I'd be open to it. I don't know how they'd do it, but Rev has some pretty clever IT people.

April 2015

Joshua from Isthmus Eye Care

April 2015

The Amazing Revolution EHR

Pros

Revolution EHR is a great electronic health record management system that allows for total office integration. Revolution EHR leaves nothing behind when it comes to managing patient records, accounting, billing, coding, optical orders, medical orders, insurance, inventory management, reports, etc. Revolution EHR gives the office the ability to do everything for all their patients and it streamlines workflow for better efficiency and productivity. Another great benefit to Revolution EHR is that it is a cloud-based system meaning their is no software needed to take up vital hard drive space and it can be accessed from any computer anywhere that you are. This allows for your doctors to communicate about patients even if they are out of the office and it allows managers to pull reports from home if needed.

Cons

The downside to Revolution EHR is that it has a learning curve like most new programs being implemented into an office. revolution EHR requires some time to get used to and even after a few years of using it you will learn something new. But this is not so much a negative as it is a positive. Revolution EHR provides a "sandbox mode" that allows the office to utilize all the features of Revolution EHR, but without the real-world risks of inputting wrong data. It encourages you to make mistakes and to learn form them. Revolution EHR is also updating their systems constantly to streamline the patient care process and in doing so that is why you learn something new.

JESSICA from family vision center

REVOLUTION EHR

FANTASTIC, HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO EVERY PRACTICE, IT DOES EVERYTHING YOU NEED IT TO DO AND BETTER THAN ANY COMPETITOR

Pros

WORLD-CLASS CUSTOMER SERVICE, COMPANY TREATS ALL CLIENTS AS A TEAM WORKING TOGETHER TO USE THE SOFTWARE INDIVIDUALLY FOR EACH PRACTICE AND THEY ENSURE THEIR CLIENTS SUCCESS

Cons

ON-BOARDING PROCESS AND GOING LIVE WHEN WE STARTED LEFT A LITTLE TO BE DESIRED, HOWEVER, ENGAGING STAFF AND ALL EMPLOYEES COULD HAVE MADE OUR PROCESS MORE SEAMLESS

Karen from Sun Valley Family Optometry

not responsive to how I want to practice

I work part time at the office where I use Revolution, and I would not have it in my office. Perhaps I would feel differently with additional training (I had about 30 minutes to show me a few of the features). But I don't think so, reading back over my "cons" list.

Cons

1. About 9 clicks required to print a glasses Rx, after the Rx is entered. Why so many? 2. Does not have newer contacts in the data base, and will not allow me to enter them manually. Have to hand write rx's and scan them in. Can't list trials dispensed either, for the same reason. 3. When data is entered using drop down boxes, and a diagnosis is indicated (e.g. kerititis) only refractive diagnoses are in the final list. Very difficult to add diagnoses. Cannot just type in an ICD 10 code manually. It has to be found in Revolution's list, which simply is not sufficient. 4. Some of the choices are just plain silly. E.G. under cover test, ortho is listed as "no motion", and ther is no phoria listings, only tropias. I have to write in "notes" if there is a phoria. And there are many more examples. 5. Only one spectacle Rx is allowed. I haven't figured out a way to write additional Rx's such as computer glasses, or other special use rx's. "Near refraction" can't be brought forward for reading glasses. Split adds are not allowed. 6. Occasionally I have added screens and later had the screens and all the data entered to inexplicably disappear. When you have an exam turn up blank, when you remember writing notes, chief complaints, etc., it is infuriating, and dangerous for patient care.

Able to Work at the Office or Home

I love Revolution compared to other software programs I've used in the past.

Pros

It is cloud based. I like being able to access it from my home as well as the office. I like the fact that there is extremely little down time. Previous software programs I've used would go down on a fairly regular basis, leaving the office with zero access to patient information and charts. I love the chat feature that is available immediately when I've needed assistance from customer support. There is no calling, leaving a message, and waiting on a return call when needing assistance with something.

Cons

It has been difficult for me to learn how to build specific reports. I always have to ask for assistance when creating new reports.

Reasons for Choosing RevolutionEHR

Good reviews from current users.

If you MUST go to an EHR... it is one to consider

They were fine. ERH's are a pain and may make it easier to find a record... but make it much harder to be on a doctor-to-patient level with those sitting in my exam chair.

Pros

The set up people were greats. They made sure that you took lessons and got every question answered.

Cons

SO MANY SCREENS! When we got a demo, they showed us the many screens that comprise an exam... it was overwhelming. Then they showed us a single screen set up that had everything on one page... That was much better... but they never got it implemented on my office's version.

Melissa from St Croix Vision Center

Revolution EHR is usually pretty good

Overall we like Revolution EHR better than some other software we have tried in the past. They need to fix the bugs and it would be a lot better

Pros

Retains a ton of information, allows multiple users, is fairly easy to use once you get the hang of it

Cons

We experience it crashing a lot, always doing updates so it makes it run slower at times, customer service is usually lacking

Megan from Advanced Eyecare, LLA

Awesome features!

This system allows our practice to keep organized, not only with our patient schedule but with inventory as well.

Pros

I love how they take your ideas for updates and make improvements. The system is user friendly and customer service dept are very helpful.

Cons

When the system delays when opening different tabs can get frustrating. But this isn't all the time.

LAURA from Louisville Vision Center

REVOLUTION -

It is user friendly .. not hard to learn at all

Pros

It is easy to use and the customer service is the best. Always prompt service

Cons

There isn't really anything I dislike on the program

Reasons for Choosing RevolutionEHR

The reviews we heard we really good and the training on the program was very easy to learn

Dan from Daniel T Lantz OD

Very happy I started using Rev 5 years ago! I would recommend it to others without hesitation.

Pros

1) Unbeatable, American-based customer support. Some competitors use overseas-based support (i.e. not only are there cultural & language barriers, their time zone is not user friendly). 2) Rev was cloud-based from inception (as opposed to competing EHRs that now try to retro-fit their EHR into a cloud-based environment). 3) EHR designed by optometrists. 4) Best value for the money. 5) Integrity of Scott Jens and Rev employees. 6) A la carte add-ons. 7) Enabled me to achieve Meaningful Use. 8) Includes Eyedock 9) Integrates well with Marco & RXNT 10) Did I mention the fantastic customer support? ;-)

Cons

# 1 Not easy to use & not intuitive: 1) Steep learning curve. 2) Too many "clicks" 3) Uses Adobe (which has contributed to the aforementioned) & I am concerned about: A) Adobe being phased out soon, B) Relearning how to navigate screens when switching from Adobe. #2 Accounting portion is the worst part of Rev. #3 I use Direct Messaging a lot. It is also cumbersome for TOC: 1) unlike other EHRs, it does not send the most recent (& pertinent) exam. I end up sending the TOC and include the pertinent exam as an attachment. Comparatively, all TOC (e.g. P/O CE) I receive contain only the pertinent exam. 2) Cannot send more than one attachment, such as photos, TVF, OCT w/o resorting to a zipdrive. 3) Rev's DM does not communicate interactively with the DM of my two biggest referral groups. #4 Inventory is not robust. #5 I am concerned about my patient's charts if I retire without selling my practice (e.g accessibility to patient).

Vincent from Facchiano & Associates PC Optomerty - Pearle & Lenscrafter affiliated

10 years in four offices ,6 Drs and REV enhanced all our medical care records and billing

encounter documentation clarity and efficiency with much greater confidence on all our medical billing and coding encounters

Pros

I find the program is easy to set up and use, feature rich, guides the Dr recording to ensure correct documentation for medical care and coding for those encounters, this fact has created Dr confidence and enabled our office to increase medical billing - that more than pays for the monthly fee, its updated for free and web based is an asset for any practitioner with multi locations , help is just outstanding , my technicians find it easy to use and we do experience tech turnover so ease of use is important, lots of business partners to help communicate to your patients , survey and recall, great communication tools for patient and their health care providers

Cons

I am an OD so I wish there was a lower monthly fee and it was easier to get all my pre test data into the program. But the most irritating thing is I cannot let my techs to start the record days ahead of the visit- this is something I would like to be changed-- this is so pre work of insurance, demographics and health HX & meds could be entered well before the encounter in less of a rush so when the encounter is present the day of the visit - patient processing is quicker and less tech duress improving the entire encounter experience - no one likes to wait for the receptionist or techs gather data - but REV forces that because we cannot open a case before the encounter date/time- can you fix that ??

Jessica from Valley View Vision

I used to complain about my EHR software ALL THE TIME. But not anymore since switching to RevEHR.

Makes my life easier.

Pros

My staff finds it intuitive and easy to use. I never hear them complain about the software. I like that it's customizable. I can make my chart notes look just the way I want. I also like that they are constantly making small tweaks to improve the system. Several times a year it is updated, but only with a few changes. I think it's better to do a few changes at a time instead of once a year so you don't feel like you are learning a whole new software system. I also appreciate that this is a company that truly cares about its customers. When we talk, they listen. There is a place where you can put recommendations for improvements and when enough doctors say the same thing, they add it. One time they removed a feature that I really liked. Enough doctors complained about it that within a few days, they put it back! Talk about service!

Cons

My only real complaint about RevEHR is that I can't print out my exam notes in a neat, concise fashion. Exams print out with 10+ pages. This may be because I haven't taken the time to figure out an easier way. I'd love some input on this. So I guess a related complaint would be that set up time is significant. But I'm willing to deal with that because once you do have it set up, it works like a dream.

Ryan from Maitland Vision Center

No EHR is perfect

We've been with Revolution EHR for more than a year now. There are some things the software really excels at and others which are very lacking. Being cloud based, the interruptions in service are minimal (servers go down maybe 2x/year for a matter of a few hours typically). The doctor's side with MU and ICD 10 are fantastic. They made ICD 10 a non-event. The biggest drawback to this software, as mentioned by another reviewer is the accounting/billing side of the software. I could not think of a more cumbersome and inefficient way to do things. The incessant "drag and drop" method of carrying charges over to separate parties is very very time consuming. If you are thinking of leaving Compulink (as we did) this is the biggest drawback. Also, there is NO AUTOPOSTING of payments. We were told when we signed up this would become available soon..... it did, as a separate paid service called RevCycle, which amounts to thousands of extra dollars in an already rather expensive software. The Rev Development has been taking ages to convert the software to an HTML format, and they seemed so focused on adding additional pay services that none of us are really that interested in using. If I could do it over again, I wouldn't have left Compulink for Revolution, but if I were to try and switch again, my staff would mutiny. I'll hang in there with Rev for another 3-4 months, but may switch again if I see no improvement or implementation of autoposting insurance payments.

Pros

Cloud based features

Cons

Billing and payment posting

April 2013

Patrick from River Valley Eye Professionals

April 2013

We are a 4 OD and 1 MD practice with 9 exam lanes. Our last software upgrade with our previous vendor was the last straw, being way to slow, way too 'click-y', and infested with bugs. One bug gets fixed and another pops up. I don't think the version was ever tested in an exam room. Very frustrating. We made the decision to change vendors. In our search, we had the following criteria: must meet meaningful use criteria; must be Optometry/Ophthalmology based and not a modification of another specialty; developers must be eye care specific and have intimate knowledge of eye care practice and exam room flow; software must integrate medical records, billing, scheduling and optical in the same program; intuitive in design and flow; on-demand, on-line training for staff; some of the lesser criteria came down to feel, flow, and visual aesthetics. Though we found several good programs, RevolutionEHR was an easy decision once we had done all our homework and research. We are in the training phase of implimentation and have a 'go live' date of June 1st, 2013. The training is on-line and available 24/7 which is a huge plus. Though 'live' training is available, we found the 'self-guided' training program to work well for our clinic, since we are already fluent with EHR basics. The program is very intuitive and flows nicely through the exam or office visit. Another big plus is the 'sandbox'. Basically, this is the mirror image of your regular practice software that you and your staff can play in and practice without the worry of 'crashing the system'. We've set up our office parameters in the sandbox, and will train our current and future employees there. Since it's exactly the same as the 'live' version, it's an easy transition and staff is not stressed or worried about making a mistake. If they're working on something new, they try it in the sandbox first. In terms of training resources, Revolution uses "Insights", their web-based site as a one-stop access to all the information you need including pre-recorded webinars, videos, blogs and FaceBook interaction. We're not live yet, but so far so good. Stay tuned. I rated 4/5 stars because we're just getting started and don't have enough experience to give it 5 stars, but I'm anticipating they will earn the 5th star.

Kinsey from Highpoint Family Vision

Easy to learn EHR with extensive features.

Pros

RevEHR is extremely user friendly, all of our staff and doctors were able to catch on very quickly. It integrates with many of our partners which makes things much more streamlined. I also love all the reports we are able to run... it makes running statistics for our office very simple. The support staff is excellent and I appreciate that our suggestions on changes are heard and all software updates are included and automatic. Being cloud-based also means NO servers, NO backing things up, minimized risk of hacking, accessible from anywhere. I love being able to phone triage an after-hours emergency patient from home and chart it immediately.

Cons

There is very little to dislike. Sometimes I feel like there could be fewer "clicks" to get to what I want, but that is minimal and probably true with any EHR system.

Duane from Davison Road Optical

We switched from another EHR company and it has been a win all the way around.

The software is efficient to use. It is helpful to be able to log in to a patient's chart from home at times.

Pros

Cloud based is good. Coding is convenient. Customization of workflow in exams is good. It is good to be able to upload tests into the exam area related to this.

Cons

The accounting reports, business reports, should allow customization. The data must be entered into a spreadsheet for bench-marking. It would so helpful if they allowed me to categorize the items in the accounting sales report. Import of scanned documents into referrals and consents can be easily improved. The patient's surgical history should display on the past ocular history page. I wish that when a tech enters data, it showed who did that. Sometimes it runs very slowly. The routing slip should allow customization (for example include last Rx and BVA)

Andrea from Insight Optometry

Intuitive, reliable, expanding, responsive!

Pros

The software is intuitive and can be learned quickly by new users. Claims processing and patient billing is simplified over other products we have used in the past. RevolutionEHR is always listening to client needs and RESPONDING with improvements and features. VSP claims/invoices are calculated correctly every time.

Cons

This may not be possible, but I wish we could eliminate the duplicate entries required in VSP, Eyemed and VisionWeb. For each, it would be nice to be able to map our products to their names in order to reduce OUR errors in selecting the correct lens. RevolutionEHR is implementing this soon, but in the meantime, I wish there was a better means of doing mass recalls of patients , and I wish I could print an address label.

Great Software for Inventory Needs

I use this daily to track customer eyecare health. Data is simple to access when uploading retinal images with our Optos machine. If you plan on having the most current technology for eyecare, you need RevolutionEHR.

Pros

This software met my needs to managing my inventory and clients. It's constantly improving and receiving major updates that are extremely helpful. Most importantly, the reporting in the software is easy to use and Excel friendly. This is the best software I found to manage both customers and product while being HIPAA compliant.

Cons

This isn't really a software issue, but customer service could be better. Their software team can take a long time to get back to you if you have any requests or issues with a report that won't pull.

Lauren from Downtown Eye Care

Great practice management software for accessing a patients file anywhere

Access to our patients wherever we are helps us out alot. We can respond to emails, order contacts, submit claims from wherever we are. This is very helpful when getting an after hours emergent patient who maybe meeting at the office, and we can scan over chart before seeing them.

Pros

I like the ability to not have a separate server and the ability to access it from home if we need to. Patient setup is very simple and it is very easy to link patients who are related. Electronic submission of claims is very straight-forward.

Cons

The reporting side could be improved upon. When running reports for longer time periods make the program crash. This is caused by its use of Flash and according to the software updates they are working on getting rid of the programs use of Flash.

Jeff from Klosterman Eye Associates

Customer Service at its Best

THE PEOPLE MAKE THIS COMPANY. I thought I set the bar on customer experience but for a small practice, I think that's pretty easy to do. For a large company like RevEHR to manage so many customers and the ever challenging and changing healthcare and software worlds...and do it like a 5 star hotel...escapes my comprehension.

Pros

The thing I liked most about the SOFTWARE was the attractive interface, the video training modules for my staff, the fact that I was always informed of updates or issues to be concerned with going down the pipleline, and the ability to access RevEHR from anywhere with a network connection.

Cons

The exam flows are too click-heavy...with multiple menus and submenus for testing...would like to see more tests combined into less pages/tabs.

Matt from Lakeside Optometry

June 2016

Great overall, love the organization and good UI

We used this EHR at my practice in San Diego. We were just getting ready to start using the medical records portion, so really we only used the practice management side, which was phenomenal. I've used lots of EHRs before but I'm confident Rev is at the top of my list. Great support as well which is important with new software.

Pros

Easy to schedule patients, great "at a glance views", it's really snappy, fast and overall responsive. Having the mobile app is key!

Cons

I think I had to get used to using it, but I don't think that's the softwares fault. Being new to cloud based EHRs can be tricky but not impossible. Learning curve is fine overall...

Marsha from Laingsburg Eye Care

This helped me with the transition to ICD10. I made the transition from paper like the history feat

Good record keeping

Pros

I like the cloud based system and how the updates and improvements happen regularly for the fee. The techniques that make for better efficiencies are great. Just hit the normal button and adjust for the the items different than normal. Using the history button is also convenient.

Cons

Compared with paper it can slow you down. Assessment could be more intuitive like Google searches. Why can't our usual lingo be translated? An example would be PVD. I can't think of a Doctor who ever Cal's it vitreous membranes and strands. A shortcut that leads to the ICD 10 code would help with efficiency.

Natalia from Family Vision Associates

Easy to use and simple to explain to others

Pros

I love how easy to use and simple to explain to others this software is! I was able to learn and teach my coworkers how to use the software in less than a month. The transition from one software to another was very smooth. Every time there is a new upgrade, the webinars are excellent and the transition to the new view/features is seamless.

Cons

There are some limitations of course, things here and there within the ability to submit claims, post insurance payments, editing invoices and some order steps that could have more customization for the offices, but I can live with them.

Lisa from Lisa M Greene, OD PA

Fantastic customer service, always operates with high integrity!! LOVE Revolution!!!!

Great customer support along the way. As we are growing and the needs of the meaningful use requirements have changed, Revolution has stayed on top of it and provided an easy way for me to meet the measures! I am thankful that we picked this software seven years ago!!

Pros

It is flexible and automatically updates for me! I know the leadership in the company and appreciate that they own any problems and provide clear solutions promptly to their customers.

Cons

I need more help making sure our team is using the software to its greatest potential. I have reached out to Rev and they are currently helping us with our problem!!

Carrie from Rockford Family Eyecare

It is the first and only EHR I've used, but I really love it!

Ease of use and ability to access outside the office

Pros

I love that it's cloud based! I love that it has buttons that allow you to put "normal" test findings in quickly. I love the Task feature to send jobs to staff members. I love the Alerts you can create for patient files. I love that Customer support takes our suggestions for changes and does them if they are able to (such as when they installed the Alert feature :))

Cons

I think it's worth the cost but it's ALWAYS nice if something cost less! Otherwise, there is nothing that I do not like about this EHR

Kellen from LUX Eye Care

RevolutionEHR has been a huge success for us in being more efficient at all of our offices!

We have recommend Revolution to several colleges.

Pros

The cloud base system means I can access RevolutionEHR anytime, anywhere! A huge plus. Also having multiple locations and being able to allow all the office to see and book appointment when needed is great. They training vidoes are also great when trying to make a change or figure something out without having to wait for a customer service rep.

Cons

Revolution is not the cheapest product out there, but revolution continues to make improvements to there system.

Review for EHR

I think my overall experience with Revolution EHR is great! Pros definitely out weigh the cons.

Pros

I love how easy it is to look up a patients history and to schedule an appointment. The calendar makes it really nice as well to see what we have going on.

Cons

Sometimes it is frustrating training a new employee because sometimes there are little buttons you have to choose in order to get to the place you are needing to be. Once you get it down its fine but learning it is kind of tedious.

Scott from Regional Eyecare Center, Inc.

Very satisfied user

Constant industry leading innovation and a commitment from this company to help me achieve meaningful use of this application.

Pros

I like the ability to view my records from any computer anywhere without hassles. I've experienced very few IT hassles since switching to RevolutionEHR. There are regular updates to the application to fine tune it to the needs of its users.

Cons

It currently is very heavily dependent on Adobe Flash. The transition away from Flash can't happen quickly enough.

Keshav from Austin Village Eyecare

Dr

Pros

No in-house IT staff to configure EMR. All updates/upgrades are remote. The integration of EMR/Optical/patient management and the constant improvements to the suite. Integration with instruments; visually pleasing ; being able to review records from anywhere in the world.

Cons

Its continued dependence on Flash; not being able to use on tablets easily; excessive need to click/pick; not having the patient fill in their health and be transferrable to the emr.

Amy from Advanced Eye Care Professionals

love it!, user friendly, easy to use and easy to customize for what you want

user friendly

Pros

easy to use, in the cloud so can access anywhere wifi connection, customizeable, updates push out automatically overnight, so no down time to install them

Cons

usually when there is an update some things are improved but it will break something else that is not related to what is being updated! And it's frustrating to have to try to see patients, chart on paper and then go back to re-enter things or not have access to placing order and having pricing.

Antonio from Optometrist

Incredible System

Use RevolutionEHR across several of our office locations. Has been nothing short of fantastic experience.

Pros

Being able to access any patient record from ANYWHERE. Easy to bill and code. Auto ICD10 conversion is amazing. Integrated optical and exam in a single system makes things easy.

Cons

As a cloud based system, it is important that you have a strong uninterrupted internet connection.

jessica from family vision center

From the beginning...Awesome! Easy, Effortless, and Efficient.

Pros

It just makes since, the software has everything we need in our practice. Working with a software company that understands how you do business, that just makes since!

Cons

Of course, improvement can be made to anything, over time - the more the software is used and technology integrated there are additional things we would like to do inside the software, scanning, upload, all to make what we do from day to day even more effective.

Landon from Utah State University

Industry: Veterinary

RevolutionEHR

Pros

- Very easy to train new employees how to use software - Can keep scanned documents under each patient as needed in an organized fashion - Can keep a good patient history that is easy to access - Overall just a great program that is easy to use.

Cons

- Honestly, at the moment I can't think of any Cons. I guess maybe one thing I wish was different is that we could personalize what is on each screen because sometimes we don't need half the information the software is asking for us to provide and we end up just skipping through a couple of the pages.

Randy from Visionaire Eyecare

We migrated over from a clunky EMR to Rev EHR and we haven't looked back since.

More efficiency and less HA than with previous EHR. Rev EHR also integrates with several 3rd party vendors like Solution Reach which the previous EHR didn't.

Pros

It meets all our needs. It has everything that you would want in a full EHR. It's quite customizable and has a lot of built-in features to help save time and be more efficient in patient workflow. I like how the company is forward-thinking and always working to make the product better and better, and not settling for the status-quo

Cons

It's still using flash and we have the occasional flash player crash where we have to reload again.

LAURA from LOUISVILLE VISION CENTER

We really like Revolution and it is very user friendly.

USER FRIENDLY, EASY TO LEARN ,

Pros

Very easy to learn and use daily. The orders are easy to do on this system. Taking appointments are really easy to do and you can put a lot of info in the demographics that you need for the patient info

Cons

There are times that it is very slow and kicks us off line when we are using it. It can be very frustrasting when you are in the middle of waiting on a patient or doing an order

Stephanie from The Eye Site, PC

RevEHR- good buy

We started our practice Day 1 with RevEHR and have not looked back. Very thankful for a company that 'gets' optometry and is constantly striving for better.

Pros

Revoluation EHR has had consistent, impressive customer service. The design is intuitive and there are constant updates and features.

Cynthia from Prairie Eye Clinic

It's been an easy transition and now a staple in all aspects of our practice.

Pros

Cloud based. Geared towards everything an optometrist needs in their practice. Relatively easy to teach new employees too.

Cons

Minor things- some of the drop downs could have more choices & be listed alphabetically. The communications could have more functional letters for referrals etc. There seems to be a lot of clicking in each exam to get through the chart too.

Kristen from Clinic

Great. We have used revolution for 5 years and it has completely changed our practice.

Pros

Easy access to files. Quick way to find information. All information is easy to get to. Great for keeping up with billing and ordering frames.

Cons

Pd does not pull forward to optical section. It would be easier to get to some information if it wasn't included in the same sections. For instance, make pupils its own section instead of clicking on VAs then down to pupils.

Cynthia from Donna Chastain OD

Easy and awesome transition...

For working with an office who has been using the same system for 20+ years this system is easy to learn, user friendly and meets all of our office needs.

Pros

Cons

Some of the information we assumed would be transitioned over was not. It was possibly due to lack of understanding on our part.

Dennis from Dean Optical

we can do most anything with Rev. If we can't, someone at Rev helps us almost instantly!

Pros

Ease of finding patient info and using it for patient care, revenue and communication. I love that many of us are able to access a patient file at the same time during pre-test, Dr exam, scanning in old info and putting in insurance.

Cons

Some reporting I get best by paying for another product. I'm hoping Pulse will help with these reporting limitations

Amy L. from Complete Family Vision Care

Cloud is the way to go!

Continuity of care between offices and access from home

Pros

Ease of use, can access anywhere/anytime, and the support staff is incredible! Wendy has been the most helpful and always answers all of my questions!

Cons

mike from family vision center

great people

easy operation

Pros

complete package of options and allows us to meet certified ehr and meet new mips standards having meet the medicare level one and 2 phase was a blessing

Cons

adding new stuff the new stuff and options are hard to incorporate on the fly and try new options need help to fully implement the order options and fully integrate

Melissa from St Croix Vision Center

RevolutionEHR works great, until they do their updates.

Pros

I love all the features that are available with Revolution. Ease of use is also a plus. Whenever we have a new employee start they always get the hang of it right away!

Cons

The only complaint I have about RevolutionEHR is when they do their system updates. Our software will always crash or our shockwave will run super slow!

Kelly from Focused Eyecare - Helfman, Lasky & Associates

Excellent customer service and continually evolving software

Pros

RevolutionEHR is always improving. The customer service is excellent. The people who work for Revolution clearly care. They treat us the same way that we treat our patients.

Cons

There are a lot of clicks and mouse movement. There are areas that could be simplified so that less clicks and less mouse movement was necessary.

Nikki from Dittman Eye Care

Revolutionary RevEHR

It's been an amazing software in the 5 years I've been here.

Pros

This software is super user friendly. I came in to the business after it had already been installed so it's what I started with, but I can't imagine using any other software.

Cons

Sometimes it doesn't sync with our notification software and that has it's issues.

D. Scott from Dilzer Eye Care Associates

A robust program full of features making the day to day operations in optometric care easier.

Pros

I have found the customer support to be beyond compare. Rev is easy to customize and is really easy to use.

Cons

The integration with optical is a bit slowed, and this does impact some of the wow of the program. The speed of the program is dependent on connectivity to the internet and can be down if internet is down.

Larry from Lifetime Vision Source

Makes charting and coding much easier, especially for a hunt and peck keyboarder.

Pros

Flow of exam screens and ability to customize screens and tests. Automatic ICD-10 coding is great. Nice to be able to review charts when at home and on vacation.

Cons

I am not good at running reports yet--will take some more training on my part. Also can sometimes add notes in the wrong chart if not careful.

Adam from Crawford Eye Care

Joining revolution EHR was one of the best decisions we made when we opened 6 years ago.

Pros

Cons

Wish I could verify both glasses and contact lenses prescriptions in a more efficient way. Still utilizes flash too much on certain browsers. This slows apple computers down a lot.

Jason from Precision Vision

I used several EHR's before I came to my current office. This is by far the most efficient.

Pros

Good functionality for tech savy and not tech savy people. It was easy for me to come into the office and use the system as well as new staff hires.

Cons

The lag when moving around within the system. I don't like having to wait versus a local server based system that has quicker responses.