Browse RevolutionEHR Reviews

Darcy/April from sarnia family optometry

This is my first experience with "paperless" records- wholly an excellent, easy to use product.

quickly keep track of inventory, check the schedules, use anywhere there is a reliable internet connection- I've been on vacation and been able to help staff answer questions and complete records. Its a reliable work horse.

Pros

The ease of use in record taking- with training and familiarity, it became second nature within a few days. Its even better once patient's return for their repeat exams in subsequent years. I'll use the phrase, "How did I get along before this?" I love how much more complete I can make the record- recording even more detail than I did with paper records. I highly recommend this product, but, its going to cost you.

Cons

The inability to easily take a previous report (for eg. Diabetic reports to physicians), transfer it forward and just modify the date and few particulars. Also, the inability to easily reorder the same contact lenses, but with the updated rx- the current system requires the entire order to be started from scratch again. The drawing feature is unwieldy.

Mohammed from Huntsville Family Eye Care PC

New Sublease EHR

From start to finish, it was amazing. I immediately got connected with a sales rep who was very upfront about costs and value added to my new office. Thereafter I worked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] to implement the software and she was AMAZING! Since my initial virtual calls with her, I have reached out a few more times to her needing help with the EHR and she returned my calls/emails every time. I have 2 other offices and will hopefully grow to more offices and will use Rev exclusively because of the customer service and support I have received thus far. Thank you!

Pros

I loved all the preset features of the software. There was very little for me to add in and that saved a ton of time while starting a new office.

Cons

Some of the new HTML formatting in the software is a nuisance but overall very happy with Rev.

Reasons for Choosing RevolutionEHR

The interface and ease of use of Rev far surpassed the other companies.

Thomas from Dr. Thomas Y Fong

RevolutionEHR

Pros

Multiple employees can use the program and access different features at the same time. Ability to store all of patient's records in one centralized hub.

Cons

It's just a learning curve to familiarize ourselves with how the program works, not hard to learn!

Anna from EYEMART EXPRESS LLC

I love my RevEHR Team!

Pros

This software is an awesome 1-stop shop. All records are housed in one software system and we were able to access records even during the pandemic shutdown when all of our offices were closed. We could still service our customers and patients by being able to access the system remotely. We could not have done that if we were using paper files in the office.

Cons

There is nothing we do not like about this software

Reasons for Choosing RevolutionEHR

My customer support team at RevolutionEHR is unbeatable! I feel that I have a partnership with my RevEHR team and they are always accessible and offer help and solutions any time I have a question or need anything at all.

Qurtullean from Premier Family Eyecare

So easy so efficient

Its been fabulous learning a new system is always intimidating but my rev team [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] really made it pleasant and I don't think I could function without Revolution EHR in my practice!

Pros

Very easy to learn integrates with all my other equipment and everything is on auto-pilot

Cons

My practice locations are in 2 different states and that was difficult to integrate but of course [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were able to help find a solution very quickly!

Reasons for Choosing RevolutionEHR

highly recommended by colleagues also most commonly used.

Matt from Fayetteville Family Eye Care

RevolutionEHR just makes sense, which allows me to give more of my focus to patient care

After using many other optometry specific EHR programs, logging into RevolutionEHR feels like crawling in your own bed after a week out of town. Rev is laid out the way my mind works, allowing me to spend less time and effort thinking about charting, and give more attention to clinical decision making and interacting with patients.

Pros

It just makes sense. You'd think that'd be a given with any modern EHR, but it truly isn't. The exam flow, check boxes, drop down menus, and free-type boxes are available where they should be and aren't placed unnecessarily where they shouldn't. After using other

Cons

Sure, if I were the software designer making Rev, I'd tweak a thing or two. But I honestly don't have any serious complaints.

Reasons for Choosing RevolutionEHR

RevolutionEHR's downtime is considerably less than Crystal's

Reasons for Switching to RevolutionEHR

Other programs require too many clicks and redundant typing, all while summarizing and showing less relevant information I need to see on the fly.

Able to Work at the Office or Home

I love Revolution compared to other software programs I've used in the past.

Pros

It is cloud based. I like being able to access it from my home as well as the office. I like the fact that there is extremely little down time. Previous software programs I've used would go down on a fairly regular basis, leaving the office with zero access to patient information and charts. I love the chat feature that is available immediately when I've needed assistance from customer support. There is no calling, leaving a message, and waiting on a return call when needing assistance with something.

Cons

It has been difficult for me to learn how to build specific reports. I always have to ask for assistance when creating new reports.

Reasons for Choosing RevolutionEHR

Good reviews from current users.

Reasons for Switching to RevolutionEHR

We wanted a cloud based product.

Faten from Blinking owl eyecare

Great for Eyecare

Great

Pros

The customer support [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the reason I have continued using this software.

Cons

Inability to integrate with other software‘s easily (optos, zeiss, online intake forms)

Reasons for Switching to RevolutionEHR

Target optical uses this interface

Tina from Odom's Eye Care

New to Revolution

My experience so far with Revolution has been great. I've joined Melissa Reed on open hours several times during our start up and this helped me tremendously.

Pros

Additional features and functionality...

Cons

Not having appointment icons or patient indicators.

yasmeen from Refined Eyecare Optometry

ehr review

My overall experience has been great. My onboarding experience with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was super helpful and informative and she's been available anytime I have questions.

Pros

Ease of Use, Cloud Based, Customized Templates

Cons

required to click the "arrow" to save vs clicking "save" and staying on the same page or auto save function

Alvaro from Crystal

Truly worth the money

A great EHR system that allows the doctor to spend face-time with the patient instead of becoming a data entry person.

Pros

I like the streamlined layout and minimalism of the software. It is as simple or as complicated as you need it to be without having to add or takeaway from other features. Since Rev is cloud-based, I don't have to worry about backups or server-side computer failure corrupting data. It is very simple to use: It's no different than using your typical web-form. The learning curve for the software is small. Generally, pretty easy to teach employees how to use the software which saves me time and money. Easy to generate reports and you have the ability to make basic SQL-style reports to monitor most of what you need to. Easy admin tools that allow one to customize exactly how much access a user can have which in turn makes it easier to comply with HIPAA. The updates are digestible and easy to adapt to: nothing crazy to figure out. Submitting claims is ridiculously easy as long as the insurance vendor is set up correctly: which also isn't hard (Medicare claims are a little different setup). I don't even remember the last time I called support (They're nice by the way). The software is extremely consistent and intuitive.

Cons

An unfair criticism would be that every now and again the software refreshes while typing (which I completely understand is a result of the syncing of data between the browser and the cloud, but I doubt this can be helped at the moment. This will only get better as faster bandwidths become the norm) I much rather have to repeat a field once every few weeks than worry about backups and computer issues. (Since I have to pick a con, but this is such a non-issue) It doesn't make me coffee in the morning, but I don't think they offer this as an option, although I'd be open to it. I don't know how they'd do it, but Rev has some pretty clever IT people.

April 2015

Joshua from Isthmus Eye Care

April 2015

The Amazing Revolution EHR

Pros

Revolution EHR is a great electronic health record management system that allows for total office integration. Revolution EHR leaves nothing behind when it comes to managing patient records, accounting, billing, coding, optical orders, medical orders, insurance, inventory management, reports, etc. Revolution EHR gives the office the ability to do everything for all their patients and it streamlines workflow for better efficiency and productivity. Another great benefit to Revolution EHR is that it is a cloud-based system meaning their is no software needed to take up vital hard drive space and it can be accessed from any computer anywhere that you are. This allows for your doctors to communicate about patients even if they are out of the office and it allows managers to pull reports from home if needed.

Cons

The downside to Revolution EHR is that it has a learning curve like most new programs being implemented into an office. revolution EHR requires some time to get used to and even after a few years of using it you will learn something new. But this is not so much a negative as it is a positive. Revolution EHR provides a "sandbox mode" that allows the office to utilize all the features of Revolution EHR, but without the real-world risks of inputting wrong data. It encourages you to make mistakes and to learn form them. Revolution EHR is also updating their systems constantly to streamline the patient care process and in doing so that is why you learn something new.

Vincent from Facchiano & Associates PC Optomerty - Pearle & Lenscrafter affiliated

10 years in four offices ,6 Drs and REV enhanced all our medical care records and billing

encounter documentation clarity and efficiency with much greater confidence on all our medical billing and coding encounters

Pros

I find the program is easy to set up and use, feature rich, guides the Dr recording to ensure correct documentation for medical care and coding for those encounters, this fact has created Dr confidence and enabled our office to increase medical billing - that more than pays for the monthly fee, its updated for free and web based is an asset for any practitioner with multi locations , help is just outstanding , my technicians find it easy to use and we do experience tech turnover so ease of use is important, lots of business partners to help communicate to your patients , survey and recall, great communication tools for patient and their health care providers

Cons

I am an OD so I wish there was a lower monthly fee and it was easier to get all my pre test data into the program. But the most irritating thing is I cannot let my techs to start the record days ahead of the visit- this is something I would like to be changed-- this is so pre work of insurance, demographics and health HX & meds could be entered well before the encounter in less of a rush so when the encounter is present the day of the visit - patient processing is quicker and less tech duress improving the entire encounter experience - no one likes to wait for the receptionist or techs gather data - but REV forces that because we cannot open a case before the encounter date/time- can you fix that ??

Jessica from Valley View Vision

I used to complain about my EHR software ALL THE TIME. But not anymore since switching to RevEHR.

Makes my life easier.

Pros

My staff finds it intuitive and easy to use. I never hear them complain about the software. I like that it's customizable. I can make my chart notes look just the way I want. I also like that they are constantly making small tweaks to improve the system. Several times a year it is updated, but only with a few changes. I think it's better to do a few changes at a time instead of once a year so you don't feel like you are learning a whole new software system. I also appreciate that this is a company that truly cares about its customers. When we talk, they listen. There is a place where you can put recommendations for improvements and when enough doctors say the same thing, they add it. One time they removed a feature that I really liked. Enough doctors complained about it that within a few days, they put it back! Talk about service!

Cons

My only real complaint about RevEHR is that I can't print out my exam notes in a neat, concise fashion. Exams print out with 10+ pages. This may be because I haven't taken the time to figure out an easier way. I'd love some input on this. So I guess a related complaint would be that set up time is significant. But I'm willing to deal with that because once you do have it set up, it works like a dream.

Dianna from Dianna Lokey, OD

Take a Second Look at Revolution EHR--Don't be intimidated with new technology!

I was very apprehensive transitioning from traditional charting to electronic. I have been practicing for many years and decided I needed to up grade my practice. I practice with digital phoroptor, digital retinal imaging, and "paper charts". My apprehension in being somewhat computer challenged delayed my earlier conversion to Revolution. I should not have waited so long. I've enjoyed learning the Revolution program. I feel like the introduction and ease of learning was made possible by the teaching I received from my instructor, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She certainly needs recognition for being one of the most patient and knowledgeable instructors I have met. I expressed my anxiety of being computer challenged yet she gave me encouragement instilling my confidence. After spending sessions with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], I feel I can move forward using Revolution and becoming more skillful and successful with the program. I would encourage anyone to move forward embracing change using Revolution EHR.

Pros

I was pleasantly surprised at how efficient and personalized the templates can be modified for my own exam choices. The refraction template was so close to my exam protocol I found it surprising. Even more pleasing was the health evaluation section. I felt like I could record complete and accurate findings using the Revolution templates. There are other areas I was impressed with such as contact lens ordering, referrals programmed for my frequent referral doctors, and an accounting /insurance section. Truly there was no one area I liked best. I was impressed at how functional it appears. I was actually surprised at how impressed I was with Revolution.

Cons

I feel this software can be modified to fit just about anyone's optometric practice. The only problem I can for see would be user transitioning from traditional record keeping to computerized. We all try to see patients in a timely manner and it takes time to become time efficient with any change from our traditional methods. Practice with Revolution is needed to develop this timely skill.

Ryan from Maitland Vision Center

No EHR is perfect

We've been with Revolution EHR for more than a year now. There are some things the software really excels at and others which are very lacking. Being cloud based, the interruptions in service are minimal (servers go down maybe 2x/year for a matter of a few hours typically). The doctor's side with MU and ICD 10 are fantastic. They made ICD 10 a non-event. The biggest drawback to this software, as mentioned by another reviewer is the accounting/billing side of the software. I could not think of a more cumbersome and inefficient way to do things. The incessant "drag and drop" method of carrying charges over to separate parties is very very time consuming. If you are thinking of leaving Compulink (as we did) this is the biggest drawback. Also, there is NO AUTOPOSTING of payments. We were told when we signed up this would become available soon..... it did, as a separate paid service called RevCycle, which amounts to thousands of extra dollars in an already rather expensive software. The Rev Development has been taking ages to convert the software to an HTML format, and they seemed so focused on adding additional pay services that none of us are really that interested in using. If I could do it over again, I wouldn't have left Compulink for Revolution, but if I were to try and switch again, my staff would mutiny. I'll hang in there with Rev for another 3-4 months, but may switch again if I see no improvement or implementation of autoposting insurance payments.

Pros

Cloud based features

Cons

Billing and payment posting

Amy from Excellence Eye Care

A daunting task transformed into an enjoyable journey!

As a new practice owner, my training with RevolutionEHR was an excellent "overview" of the components of managing a dispensing optometry clinic. Not only do I feel confidant to open with this software, I have gained insight into aspects of patient care and organization that can only benefit my early stages of opening. My implemenation specialist, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], and her colleagues (particularly [SENSITIVE CONTENT]) have had more of an impact on the success of my opening than they will ever know.

Pros

I'm at the end of my Implementation/Onboarding sessions with RevEHR and am incredibly impressed with the attention and guidance that I've been given. I was so relieved to find a (Canadian compliant) cloud based system that would serve both the clinical and optical sides of my clinic. An added bonus was the encouragement and support I received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] as I explored and experimented with how to best make use of this "complete package". Of particular benefit to me were the "live" Friday Take-out sessions where I was able to watch [SENSITIVE CONTENT] demonstrate (by sharing their screens) how to accomplish tasks from Scheduling to Billing to Inventory to Business Analysis within the software itself. Deciding on what software to choose for my clinic seemed overwhelming at first. I don't doubt that I made the right choice.

Cons

I completely understand this won't be an issue for most people. In my perfect world, there would be a solely "Canadian" version of the software in which I wouldn't have to "not bother with" or "ignore" the components needed to support American providers.

Reasons for Switching to RevolutionEHR

I left that practice and wanted a cloud based service that supported both optical and clinical care for my fresh start.

JESSICA from family vision center

REVOLUTION EHR

FANTASTIC, HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO EVERY PRACTICE, IT DOES EVERYTHING YOU NEED IT TO DO AND BETTER THAN ANY COMPETITOR

Pros

WORLD-CLASS CUSTOMER SERVICE, COMPANY TREATS ALL CLIENTS AS A TEAM WORKING TOGETHER TO USE THE SOFTWARE INDIVIDUALLY FOR EACH PRACTICE AND THEY ENSURE THEIR CLIENTS SUCCESS

Cons

ON-BOARDING PROCESS AND GOING LIVE WHEN WE STARTED LEFT A LITTLE TO BE DESIRED, HOWEVER, ENGAGING STAFF AND ALL EMPLOYEES COULD HAVE MADE OUR PROCESS MORE SEAMLESS

April 2013

Patrick from River Valley Eye Professionals

April 2013

We are a 4 OD and 1 MD practice with 9 exam lanes. Our last software upgrade with our previous vendor was the last straw, being way to slow, way too 'click-y', and infested with bugs. One bug gets fixed and another pops up. I don't think the version was ever tested in an exam room. Very frustrating. We made the decision to change vendors. In our search, we had the following criteria: must meet meaningful use criteria; must be Optometry/Ophthalmology based and not a modification of another specialty; developers must be eye care specific and have intimate knowledge of eye care practice and exam room flow; software must integrate medical records, billing, scheduling and optical in the same program; intuitive in design and flow; on-demand, on-line training for staff; some of the lesser criteria came down to feel, flow, and visual aesthetics. Though we found several good programs, RevolutionEHR was an easy decision once we had done all our homework and research. We are in the training phase of implimentation and have a 'go live' date of June 1st, 2013. The training is on-line and available 24/7 which is a huge plus. Though 'live' training is available, we found the 'self-guided' training program to work well for our clinic, since we are already fluent with EHR basics. The program is very intuitive and flows nicely through the exam or office visit. Another big plus is the 'sandbox'. Basically, this is the mirror image of your regular practice software that you and your staff can play in and practice without the worry of 'crashing the system'. We've set up our office parameters in the sandbox, and will train our current and future employees there. Since it's exactly the same as the 'live' version, it's an easy transition and staff is not stressed or worried about making a mistake. If they're working on something new, they try it in the sandbox first. In terms of training resources, Revolution uses "Insights", their web-based site as a one-stop access to all the information you need including pre-recorded webinars, videos, blogs and FaceBook interaction. We're not live yet, but so far so good. Stay tuned. I rated 4/5 stars because we're just getting started and don't have enough experience to give it 5 stars, but I'm anticipating they will earn the 5th star.

Kinsey from Highpoint Family Vision

Easy to learn EHR with extensive features.

Pros

RevEHR is extremely user friendly, all of our staff and doctors were able to catch on very quickly. It integrates with many of our partners which makes things much more streamlined. I also love all the reports we are able to run... it makes running statistics for our office very simple. The support staff is excellent and I appreciate that our suggestions on changes are heard and all software updates are included and automatic. Being cloud-based also means NO servers, NO backing things up, minimized risk of hacking, accessible from anywhere. I love being able to phone triage an after-hours emergency patient from home and chart it immediately.

Cons

There is very little to dislike. Sometimes I feel like there could be fewer "clicks" to get to what I want, but that is minimal and probably true with any EHR system.

Duane from Davison Road Optical

We switched from another EHR company and it has been a win all the way around.

The software is efficient to use. It is helpful to be able to log in to a patient's chart from home at times.

Pros

Cloud based is good. Coding is convenient. Customization of workflow in exams is good. It is good to be able to upload tests into the exam area related to this.

Cons

The accounting reports, business reports, should allow customization. The data must be entered into a spreadsheet for bench-marking. It would so helpful if they allowed me to categorize the items in the accounting sales report. Import of scanned documents into referrals and consents can be easily improved. The patient's surgical history should display on the past ocular history page. I wish that when a tech enters data, it showed who did that. Sometimes it runs very slowly. The routing slip should allow customization (for example include last Rx and BVA)

Andrea from Insight Optometry

Intuitive, reliable, expanding, responsive!

Pros

The software is intuitive and can be learned quickly by new users. Claims processing and patient billing is simplified over other products we have used in the past. RevolutionEHR is always listening to client needs and RESPONDING with improvements and features. VSP claims/invoices are calculated correctly every time.

Cons

This may not be possible, but I wish we could eliminate the duplicate entries required in VSP, Eyemed and VisionWeb. For each, it would be nice to be able to map our products to their names in order to reduce OUR errors in selecting the correct lens. RevolutionEHR is implementing this soon, but in the meantime, I wish there was a better means of doing mass recalls of patients , and I wish I could print an address label.

Benjamin from Primary Eye Care Associates

Great in general. Huge upgrade from ExamWrite/OfficeMate. E-Faxing and scanning directly into charts is great as well.

Pros

It is cloud based, so you can access it from anywhere! It bridges the gap between exams and sales all in one program.

Cons

Sometimes information gets lost if you are clicking too quickly or if there are two people in a chart

Cost, simplicity, cloud based

Cost, simplicity, cloud based

Melanie from Depoe

Not the best

I would not recommend this software to a first time EHR user , however once you have used this software it easier to Navigate others.

Pros

The thing that I liked most about using this software was the ease of contacting a customer service representative.

Cons

The thing that I like the least about using this software was that it is not user friendly. It takes lots of practice and time to learn to do simple tasks.

Great Software for Inventory Needs

I use this daily to track customer eyecare health. Data is simple to access when uploading retinal images with our Optos machine. If you plan on having the most current technology for eyecare, you need RevolutionEHR.

Pros

This software met my needs to managing my inventory and clients. It's constantly improving and receiving major updates that are extremely helpful. Most importantly, the reporting in the software is easy to use and Excel friendly. This is the best software I found to manage both customers and product while being HIPAA compliant.

Cons

This isn't really a software issue, but customer service could be better. Their software team can take a long time to get back to you if you have any requests or issues with a report that won't pull.

Lauren from Downtown Eye Care

Great practice management software for accessing a patients file anywhere

Access to our patients wherever we are helps us out alot. We can respond to emails, order contacts, submit claims from wherever we are. This is very helpful when getting an after hours emergent patient who maybe meeting at the office, and we can scan over chart before seeing them.

Pros

I like the ability to not have a separate server and the ability to access it from home if we need to. Patient setup is very simple and it is very easy to link patients who are related. Electronic submission of claims is very straight-forward.

Cons

The reporting side could be improved upon. When running reports for longer time periods make the program crash. This is caused by its use of Flash and according to the software updates they are working on getting rid of the programs use of Flash.

Andrea from Aprima

My thoughts

The customers service is fantastic! Any time I do not know how to do something in the system, I can call for help and they walk me through how to put it in. They are so helpful and friendly! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was epecially wonderful today to help me with a very complicated transaction in the accounting.

Pros

I like the demographic information and how we integrate with Weave to make it easy to send patient reminders and notify of product in. Overall, the system is pretty easy to use.

Cons

It is difficult to make changes in the accounting. I get lost at times with all of the different invoices and figuring out how to make changes or corrections when needed.

Reasons for Choosing RevolutionEHR

We chose Revolution EHR to be able to customize our screens and price point.

Jeff from Klosterman Eye Associates

Customer Service at its Best

THE PEOPLE MAKE THIS COMPANY. I thought I set the bar on customer experience but for a small practice, I think that's pretty easy to do. For a large company like RevEHR to manage so many customers and the ever challenging and changing healthcare and software worlds...and do it like a 5 star hotel...escapes my comprehension.

Pros

The thing I liked most about the SOFTWARE was the attractive interface, the video training modules for my staff, the fact that I was always informed of updates or issues to be concerned with going down the pipleline, and the ability to access RevEHR from anywhere with a network connection.

Cons

The exam flows are too click-heavy...with multiple menus and submenus for testing...would like to see more tests combined into less pages/tabs.

William from Best Chance Optical LLC

Great EHR system

Pros

Ease of use and cloud access make this a easier use system

Cons

No negative to this EHR I have used at other practices and now that I am an owner knew it was right for me

Previously used the system

Dan from Daniel T Lantz, OD

I appreciate the exceptional customer service

The knowledgeable customer service has good response time and has always been "on target" for figuring out any problem I had. The customer service representatives: 1) have an optometry background, and 2) are not located in a foreign country, making communication ideal. RevolutionEHR cares about its clients!

Pros

The integrity of the company. I confidently achieved Meaningful Use (MU) because Rev (and later RevAssure) worked to educate me to do things correctly. I was "bulletproof "when audited, thanks to the thorough tutelage and efforts of [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Cons

Cumbersome, not intuitive. Learning curve was challenging.

Recommended by [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Jodi from Jodi Shepard

Love Rev!

The staff no longer loses files. I could reach patient 's info during the covid shutdown. I can integrate with other products like IntakeQ to be completely paperless. I look more modern and can be more hygienic . I get faster every day using it. It's been a dream. I had excellent service with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] during my installation and training. She was a delight to work with!

Pros

This is a very popular product and it is the preferred EHR for the sublease Drs at Lenscrafters. It comes with our lease. It's very easy and cloud-based. I'm very proud to have mentored the majority of the LC ODs in the San Francisco Bay Area to get onboard. Plus now that I'm in my second year, I love pulling the patient's previous info forward easily.

Cons

I like everything especially now that they are flash free. That took patience.

Ashley from Mad River Eye Care

Easy to learn and use.

Revolution has been so user friendly and easy to navigate and train new employees on. They have a great resource center that covers everything. On the off chance I can't figure something out the chat function makes it easy to get my questions answered quickly without having to be on the phone. I did call the other day and spoke to [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. She was friendly and knowledgeable and literally walked me through every step helping me to create a custom report. Couldn't have asked for better service. Thank you!

Pros

The patient dashboard makes it very easy to see everything you need at a glance without having to navigate around.

Cons

Building custom reports is a great feature but can be difficult to figure out.

Matt from Lakeside Optometry

June 2016

Great overall, love the organization and good UI

We used this EHR at my practice in San Diego. We were just getting ready to start using the medical records portion, so really we only used the practice management side, which was phenomenal. I've used lots of EHRs before but I'm confident Rev is at the top of my list. Great support as well which is important with new software.

Pros

Easy to schedule patients, great "at a glance views", it's really snappy, fast and overall responsive. Having the mobile app is key!

Cons

I think I had to get used to using it, but I don't think that's the softwares fault. Being new to cloud based EHRs can be tricky but not impossible. Learning curve is fine overall...

Marsha from Laingsburg Eye Care

This helped me with the transition to ICD10. I made the transition from paper like the history feat

Good record keeping

Pros

I like the cloud based system and how the updates and improvements happen regularly for the fee. The techniques that make for better efficiencies are great. Just hit the normal button and adjust for the the items different than normal. Using the history button is also convenient.

Cons

Compared with paper it can slow you down. Assessment could be more intuitive like Google searches. Why can't our usual lingo be translated? An example would be PVD. I can't think of a Doctor who ever Cal's it vitreous membranes and strands. A shortcut that leads to the ICD 10 code would help with efficiency.

Rae from Grove City Vision Center

Easy to use, adaptable and user friendly.

We have used Revolution Software for about eight years. They have helped to meet the demands of our ever changing needs. As of recent, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has led us through a move of data from multiple offices into one. She has made the process easy and seamless. We have appreciated her and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from the Data Conversion Specialist team's aid in our smooth transition. Revolution's hard work to meet the needs of their clients in this every changing world does not go unnoticed. They definitely go the extra mile!

Pros

Easy to use and adaptable for different practices and needs.

Cons

We cannot think of anything that I would change. User friendly for sure!!!!

Natalia from Family Vision Associates

Easy to use and simple to explain to others

Pros

I love how easy to use and simple to explain to others this software is! I was able to learn and teach my coworkers how to use the software in less than a month. The transition from one software to another was very smooth. Every time there is a new upgrade, the webinars are excellent and the transition to the new view/features is seamless.

Cons

There are some limitations of course, things here and there within the ability to submit claims, post insurance payments, editing invoices and some order steps that could have more customization for the offices, but I can live with them.

Lisa from Lisa M Greene, OD PA

Fantastic customer service, always operates with high integrity!! LOVE Revolution!!!!

Great customer support along the way. As we are growing and the needs of the meaningful use requirements have changed, Revolution has stayed on top of it and provided an easy way for me to meet the measures! I am thankful that we picked this software seven years ago!!

Pros

It is flexible and automatically updates for me! I know the leadership in the company and appreciate that they own any problems and provide clear solutions promptly to their customers.

Cons

I need more help making sure our team is using the software to its greatest potential. I have reached out to Rev and they are currently helping us with our problem!!

Carrie from Rockford Family Eyecare

It is the first and only EHR I've used, but I really love it!

Ease of use and ability to access outside the office

Pros

I love that it's cloud based! I love that it has buttons that allow you to put "normal" test findings in quickly. I love the Task feature to send jobs to staff members. I love the Alerts you can create for patient files. I love that Customer support takes our suggestions for changes and does them if they are able to (such as when they installed the Alert feature :))

Cons

I think it's worth the cost but it's ALWAYS nice if something cost less! Otherwise, there is nothing that I do not like about this EHR

Nathan from West EyeCare P.C.

Great Service and Expertise

It consistently works and I can access it from anywhere and it's very easy to learn and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been super helpful in helping me navigate and implement this EHR at my offices.

Pros

I can access it from anywhere and it rarely breaks down. Also, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been super helpful helping me set it up for my current office as well as my new office.

Cons

The initial set up has a bit of a learning curve but nothing too bad but fortunately [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was able to walk me through it so it all worked out fine.

David from Miamisburg Vision Care LLC

Customer service is amazing!

I have been so impressed with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as she has spearheaded a data conversion for a merger for my office. She has been instrumental in making the change better with each conversion.

Pros

I have used this software for years, and the flexibility is such an amazing part. I love that I can tailor it to my needs, which may be different than another user in the same office.

Cons

I wish there was a bit more customization and efficiency. The efficiency has improved dramatically, and continues to do so.

Bad product

Kellen from LUX Eye Care

RevolutionEHR has been a huge success for us in being more efficient at all of our offices!

We have recommend Revolution to several colleges.

Pros

The cloud base system means I can access RevolutionEHR anytime, anywhere! A huge plus. Also having multiple locations and being able to allow all the office to see and book appointment when needed is great. They training vidoes are also great when trying to make a change or figure something out without having to wait for a customer service rep.

Cons

Revolution is not the cheapest product out there, but revolution continues to make improvements to there system.

Carolyn from Eye Boutique of Sedona

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] solved my unusual situation

I had a situation where a patient passed prior to picking up his glasses. We needed to return the glasses and refund the wife. While I was unable to figure it out on my own, once [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] walked me through it, it was totally intuitive and easily done. Her instructions were very easy to follow!

Pros

easy to use; technical support always available via live chat

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything short of me being able to completely customize everything...in which case I would be a programmer and I wouldn't be seeing patients!

THAO from Kinderspecs-Good Eyes Optometry

Revolution EHR

I am able to complete all charts within few minutes as compared to the traditional paper charts which I had to spend more time to write the same basic information for all patients. Software stopped responding at least 3-4 times per week which required restarting of computers to resolve the issue. Start-up cost is quite expensive.

Pros

Easy to transfer data from previous years to the current date. Autosave. Can print multiple Rx and link to optical dept. for faster transition from exam room to ordering dept.

Cons

Difficult to save/recall referral letters generated by the software.

Response from RevolutionEHR

Replied May 2020

Hi Dr. Tran, thanks so much for taking the time to provide a review of RevolutionEHR. We're happy to see that you're saving time using RevolutionEHR in your practice. We'd love to provide assistance with referral letters. Please reach out to customer support at your convenience at customersupport@revolutionehr.com and we'll be happy to work through this with you. Thanks again!

Solomon from Scenic Eye Care

Highly Satisfied and Recommend for All Eye Care Providers

I implemented Rev 3 years ago for my private practice. It has been remarkable. I love that the software is cloud based, as that permits me to be able to do work when I am not in the office. Additionally, its ease of use helps optimize efficiency of patient flow on a daily basis. My support staff also love using the software.

Pros

I love the ease of use of the software itself. It is very user friendly for optometry.

Cons

We have yet to find something about this software that we absolutely do not like.

See Above

Review for EHR

I think my overall experience with Revolution EHR is great! Pros definitely out weigh the cons.

Pros

I love how easy it is to look up a patients history and to schedule an appointment. The calendar makes it really nice as well to see what we have going on.

Cons

Sometimes it is frustrating training a new employee because sometimes there are little buttons you have to choose in order to get to the place you are needing to be. Once you get it down it’s fine but learning it is kind of tedious.

If you MUST go to an EHR... it is one to consider

They were fine. ERH's are a pain and may make it easier to find a record... but make it much harder to be on a doctor-to-patient level with those sitting in my exam chair.

Pros

The set up people were greats. They made sure that you took lessons and got every question answered.

Cons

SO MANY SCREENS! When we got a demo, they showed us the many screens that comprise an exam... it was overwhelming. Then they showed us a single screen set up that had everything on one page... That was much better... but they never got it implemented on my office's version.

Scott from Regional Eyecare Center, Inc.

Very satisfied user

Constant industry leading innovation and a commitment from this company to help me achieve meaningful use of this application.

Pros

I like the ability to view my records from any computer anywhere without hassles. I've experienced very few IT hassles since switching to RevolutionEHR. There are regular updates to the application to fine tune it to the needs of its users.

Cons

It currently is very heavily dependent on Adobe Flash. The transition away from Flash can't happen quickly enough.

Keshav from Austin Village Eyecare

Dr

Pros

No in-house IT staff to configure EMR. All updates/upgrades are remote. The integration of EMR/Optical/patient management and the constant improvements to the suite. Integration with instruments; visually pleasing ; being able to review records from anywhere in the world.

Cons

Its continued dependence on Flash; not being able to use on tablets easily; excessive need to click/pick; not having the patient fill in their health and be transferrable to the emr.

Amy from Advanced Eye Care Professionals

love it!, user friendly, easy to use and easy to customize for what you want

user friendly

Pros

easy to use, in the cloud so can access anywhere wifi connection, customizeable, updates push out automatically overnight, so no down time to install them

Cons

usually when there is an update some things are improved but it will break something else that is not related to what is being updated! And it's frustrating to have to try to see patients, chart on paper and then go back to re-enter things or not have access to placing order and having pricing.

Antonio from Optometrist

Incredible System

Use RevolutionEHR across several of our office locations. Has been nothing short of fantastic experience.

Pros

Being able to access any patient record from ANYWHERE. Easy to bill and code. Auto ICD10 conversion is amazing. Integrated optical and exam in a single system makes things easy.

Cons

As a cloud based system, it is important that you have a strong uninterrupted internet connection.