All RevolutionEHR Reviews

Alvaro

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Truly worth the money

A great EHR system that allows the doctor to spend face-time with the patient instead of becoming a data entry person.

PROS

I like the streamlined layout and minimalism of the software. It is as simple or as complicated as you need it to be without having to add or takeaway from other features. Since Rev is cloud-based, I don't have to worry about backups or server-side computer failure corrupting data. It is very simple to use: It's no different than using your typical web-form. The learning curve for the software is small. Generally, pretty easy to teach employees how to use the software which saves me time and money. Easy to generate reports and you have the ability to make basic SQL-style reports to monitor most of what you need to. Easy admin tools that allow one to customize exactly how much access a user can have which in turn makes it easier to comply with HIPAA. The updates are digestible and easy to adapt to: nothing crazy to figure out. Submitting claims is ridiculously easy as long as the insurance vendor is set up correctly: which also isn't hard (Medicare claims are a little different setup). I don't even remember the last time I called support (They're nice by the way). The software is extremely consistent and intuitive.

CONS

An unfair criticism would be that every now and again the software refreshes while typing (which I completely understand is a result of the syncing of data between the browser and the cloud, but I doubt this can be helped at the moment. This will only get better as faster bandwidths become the norm) I much rather have to repeat a field once every few weeks than worry about backups and computer issues. (Since I have to pick a con, but this is such a non-issue) It doesn't make me coffee in the morning, but I don't think they offer this as an option, although I'd be open to it. I don't know how they'd do it, but Rev has some pretty clever IT people.

Vincent

Reviewed September 2017

10 years in four offices ,6 Drs and REV enhanced all our medical care records and billing

encounter documentation clarity and efficiency with much greater confidence on all our medical billing and coding encounters

PROS

I find the program is easy to set up and use, feature rich, guides the Dr recording to ensure correct documentation for medical care and coding for those encounters, this fact has created Dr confidence and enabled our office to increase medical billing - that more than pays for the monthly fee, its updated for free and web based is an asset for any practitioner with multi locations , help is just outstanding , my technicians find it easy to use and we do experience tech turnover so ease of use is important, lots of business partners to help communicate to your patients , survey and recall, great communication tools for patient and their health care providers

CONS

I am an OD so I wish there was a lower monthly fee and it was easier to get all my pre test data into the program. But the most irritating thing is I cannot let my techs to start the record days ahead of the visit- this is something I would like to be changed-- this is so pre work of insurance, demographics and health HX & meds could be entered well before the encounter in less of a rush so when the encounter is present the day of the visit - patient processing is quicker and less tech duress improving the entire encounter experience - no one likes to wait for the receptionist or techs gather data - but REV forces that because we cannot open a case before the encounter date/time- can you fix that ??

Joshua

Medical Practice, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2022

terrible company - terrible time parting ways with them - beware

After closing my business, Revolution sent me incomplete copies of my records. I was forced to buy access to their read-only product for $1,600 per year. It really feels as though they intentionally left the records incomplete to force me to do this. I also have been battling them for 3 months just to get my final invoice. I still haven't been able to get them to charge me for the read only, which I need to have completed by the end of the year. This company is a disaster. I would never do business with them again.

PROS

It is cloud based, which makes setup easy.

CONS

The software was very slow and clunky, though it did improve in the last year.

Jessica

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2017

I used to complain about my EHR software ALL THE TIME. But not anymore since switching to RevEHR.

Makes my life easier.

PROS

My staff finds it intuitive and easy to use. I never hear them complain about the software. I like that it's customizable. I can make my chart notes look just the way I want. I also like that they are constantly making small tweaks to improve the system. Several times a year it is updated, but only with a few changes. I think it's better to do a few changes at a time instead of once a year so you don't feel like you are learning a whole new software system. I also appreciate that this is a company that truly cares about its customers. When we talk, they listen. There is a place where you can put recommendations for improvements and when enough doctors say the same thing, they add it. One time they removed a feature that I really liked. Enough doctors complained about it that within a few days, they put it back! Talk about service!

CONS

My only real complaint about RevEHR is that I can't print out my exam notes in a neat, concise fashion. Exams print out with 10+ pages. This may be because I haven't taken the time to figure out an easier way. I'd love some input on this. So I guess a related complaint would be that set up time is significant. But I'm willing to deal with that because once you do have it set up, it works like a dream.

Dianna

Reviewed May 2021

Take a Second Look at Revolution EHR--Don't be intimidated with new technology!

I was very apprehensive transitioning from traditional charting to electronic. I have been practicing for many years and decided I needed to up grade my practice. I practice with digital phoroptor, digital retinal imaging, and "paper charts". My apprehension in being somewhat computer challenged delayed my earlier conversion to Revolution. I should not have waited so long. I've enjoyed learning the Revolution program. I feel like the introduction and ease of learning was made possible by the teaching I received from my instructor, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She certainly needs recognition for being one of the most patient and knowledgeable instructors I have met. I expressed my anxiety of being computer challenged yet she gave me encouragement instilling my confidence. After spending sessions with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], I feel I can move forward using Revolution and becoming more skillful and successful with the program. I would encourage anyone to move forward embracing change using Revolution EHR.

PROS

I was pleasantly surprised at how efficient and personalized the templates can be modified for my own exam choices. The refraction template was so close to my exam protocol I found it surprising. Even more pleasing was the health evaluation section. I felt like I could record complete and accurate findings using the Revolution templates. There are other areas I was impressed with such as contact lens ordering, referrals programmed for my frequent referral doctors, and an accounting /insurance section. Truly there was no one area I liked best. I was impressed at how functional it appears. I was actually surprised at how impressed I was with Revolution.

CONS

I feel this software can be modified to fit just about anyone's optometric practice. The only problem I can for see would be user transitioning from traditional record keeping to computerized. We all try to see patients in a timely manner and it takes time to become time efficient with any change from our traditional methods. Practice with Revolution is needed to develop this timely skill.

Joshua

Medical Practice

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed April 2015

The Amazing Revolution EHR

PROS

Revolution EHR is a great electronic health record management system that allows for total office integration. Revolution EHR leaves nothing behind when it comes to managing patient records, accounting, billing, coding, optical orders, medical orders, insurance, inventory management, reports, etc. Revolution EHR gives the office the ability to do everything for all their patients and it streamlines workflow for better efficiency and productivity. Another great benefit to Revolution EHR is that it is a cloud-based system meaning their is no software needed to take up vital hard drive space and it can be accessed from any computer anywhere that you are. This allows for your doctors to communicate about patients even if they are out of the office and it allows managers to pull reports from home if needed.

CONS

The downside to Revolution EHR is that it has a learning curve like most new programs being implemented into an office. revolution EHR requires some time to get used to and even after a few years of using it you will learn something new. But this is not so much a negative as it is a positive. Revolution EHR provides a "sandbox mode" that allows the office to utilize all the features of Revolution EHR, but without the real-world risks of inputting wrong data. It encourages you to make mistakes and to learn form them. Revolution EHR is also updating their systems constantly to streamline the patient care process and in doing so that is why you learn something new.

Amy

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

A daunting task transformed into an enjoyable journey!

As a new practice owner, my training with RevolutionEHR was an excellent "overview" of the components of managing a dispensing optometry clinic. Not only do I feel confidant to open with this software, I have gained insight into aspects of patient care and organization that can only benefit my early stages of opening. My implemenation specialist, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], and her colleagues (particularly [SENSITIVE CONTENT]) have had more of an impact on the success of my opening than they will ever know.

PROS

I'm at the end of my Implementation/Onboarding sessions with RevEHR and am incredibly impressed with the attention and guidance that I've been given. I was so relieved to find a (Canadian compliant) cloud based system that would serve both the clinical and optical sides of my clinic. An added bonus was the encouragement and support I received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] as I explored and experimented with how to best make use of this "complete package". Of particular benefit to me were the "live" Friday Take-out sessions where I was able to watch [SENSITIVE CONTENT] demonstrate (by sharing their screens) how to accomplish tasks from Scheduling to Billing to Inventory to Business Analysis within the software itself. Deciding on what software to choose for my clinic seemed overwhelming at first. I don't doubt that I made the right choice.

CONS

I completely understand this won't be an issue for most people. In my perfect world, there would be a solely "Canadian" version of the software in which I wouldn't have to "not bother with" or "ignore" the components needed to support American providers.

Reasons for switching to RevolutionEHR

I left that practice and wanted a cloud based service that supported both optical and clinical care for my fresh start.

JESSICA

Reviewed October 2019

REVOLUTION EHR

FANTASTIC, HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO EVERY PRACTICE, IT DOES EVERYTHING YOU NEED IT TO DO AND BETTER THAN ANY COMPETITOR

PROS

WORLD-CLASS CUSTOMER SERVICE, COMPANY TREATS ALL CLIENTS AS A TEAM WORKING TOGETHER TO USE THE SOFTWARE INDIVIDUALLY FOR EACH PRACTICE AND THEY ENSURE THEIR CLIENTS SUCCESS

CONS

ON-BOARDING PROCESS AND GOING LIVE WHEN WE STARTED LEFT A LITTLE TO BE DESIRED, HOWEVER, ENGAGING STAFF AND ALL EMPLOYEES COULD HAVE MADE OUR PROCESS MORE SEAMLESS

Reviewed August 2019

EHR....Stuck in Flash

Issues with time zones, can't customize reminders, can't customize exam modules or tests, very limited API access, very few software providers integrate with it.

PROS

We were really hopeful that Rev360 would be a good EHR, but we were wrong. It is very capable, but it falls short over and over again. Their support is mediocre, but really their downfall is they are not a software company and don't really care to improve their software and bring it up to the equivalent of 2019 SAAS companies.

CONS

Flash transition...it's taking them 12-18 months to convert it all over from flash to html, and they don't want to hear any feedback from their users as far as feature requests. They tell you that the software bug is not really a "bug" and that they're not going to fix it.

Reviewed January 2021

An Optometrists' Best Friend!

PROS

I love how accessible RevolutionEHR makes patient files—past and present. Also, the ability to merge duplicate patient files (for example, one from 3 years ago and one from a recent visit) is remarkable. I also like the design of the software, as it is easy to navigate.

CONS

I do not like how the software can be glitchy. At times, RevolutionEHR will not allow me to login to my account unless I try several different times. This can be very frustrating with a busy day with many patients to look up.

Patrick

Used free trial

Reviewed April 2013

We are a 4 OD and 1 MD practice with 9 exam lanes. Our last software upgrade with our previous vendor was the last straw, being way to slow, way too 'click-y', and infested with bugs. One bug gets fixed and another pops up. I don't think the version was ever tested in an exam room. Very frustrating. We made the decision to change vendors. In our search, we had the following criteria: must meet meaningful use criteria; must be Optometry/Ophthalmology based and not a modification of another specialty; developers must be eye care specific and have intimate knowledge of eye care practice and exam room flow; software must integrate medical records, billing, scheduling and optical in the same program; intuitive in design and flow; on-demand, on-line training for staff; some of the lesser criteria came down to feel, flow, and visual aesthetics. Though we found several good programs, RevolutionEHR was an easy decision once we had done all our homework and research. We are in the training phase of implimentation and have a 'go live' date of June 1st, 2013. The training is on-line and available 24/7 which is a huge plus. Though 'live' training is available, we found the 'self-guided' training program to work well for our clinic, since we are already fluent with EHR basics. The program is very intuitive and flows nicely through the exam or office visit. Another big plus is the 'sandbox'. Basically, this is the mirror image of your regular practice software that you and your staff can play in and practice without the worry of 'crashing the system'. We've set up our office parameters in the sandbox, and will train our current and future employees there. Since it's exactly the same as the 'live' version, it's an easy transition and staff is not stressed or worried about making a mistake. If they're working on something new, they try it in the sandbox first. In terms of training resources, Revolution uses "Insights", their web-based site as a one-stop access to all the information you need including pre-recorded webinars, videos, blogs and FaceBook interaction. We're not live yet, but so far so good. Stay tuned. I rated 4/5 stars because we're just getting started and don't have enough experience to give it 5 stars, but I'm anticipating they will earn the 5th star.

Jeff

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Customer Service at its Best

THE PEOPLE MAKE THIS COMPANY. I thought I set the bar on customer experience but for a small practice, I think that's pretty easy to do. For a large company like RevEHR to manage so many customers and the ever challenging and changing healthcare and software worlds...and do it like a 5 star hotel...escapes my comprehension.

PROS

The thing I liked most about the SOFTWARE was the attractive interface, the video training modules for my staff, the fact that I was always informed of updates or issues to be concerned with going down the pipleline, and the ability to access RevEHR from anywhere with a network connection.

CONS

The exam flows are too click-heavy...with multiple menus and submenus for testing...would like to see more tests combined into less pages/tabs.

Lanie

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Review from user.

I think it's fantastic. However I really don't have anything to compare it to.

PROS

I've only worked in the Medical field for 4 years. So using a system that was very easy to learn and very well designed has made it an easy transition into this type of work.

CONS

I know they are always working to improve the system and they have even mentioned that they are working on fixing the issue of lag at peak times of use.

Rae

Reviewed March 2021

Easy to use, adaptable and user friendly.

We have used Revolution Software for about eight years. They have helped to meet the demands of our ever changing needs. As of recent, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has led us through a move of data from multiple offices into one. She has made the process easy and seamless. We have appreciated her and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from the Data Conversion Specialist team's aid in our smooth transition. Revolution's hard work to meet the needs of their clients in this every changing world does not go unnoticed. They definitely go the extra mile!

PROS

Easy to use and adaptable for different practices and needs.

CONS

We cannot think of anything that I would change. User friendly for sure!!!!

Lisa

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2017

Fantastic customer service, always operates with high integrity!! LOVE Revolution!!!!

Great customer support along the way. As we are growing and the needs of the meaningful use requirements have changed, Revolution has stayed on top of it and provided an easy way for me to meet the measures! I am thankful that we picked this software seven years ago!!

PROS

It is flexible and automatically updates for me! I know the leadership in the company and appreciate that they own any problems and provide clear solutions promptly to their customers.

CONS

I need more help making sure our team is using the software to its greatest potential. I have reached out to Rev and they are currently helping us with our problem!!

Nathan

Medical Practice, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2021

Great Service and Expertise

It consistently works and I can access it from anywhere and it's very easy to learn and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been super helpful in helping me navigate and implement this EHR at my offices.

PROS

I can access it from anywhere and it rarely breaks down. Also, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been super helpful helping me set it up for my current office as well as my new office.

CONS

The initial set up has a bit of a learning curve but nothing too bad but fortunately [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was able to walk me through it so it all worked out fine.

Kellen

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2017

RevolutionEHR has been a huge success for us in being more efficient at all of our offices!

We have recommend Revolution to several colleges.

PROS

The cloud base system means I can access RevolutionEHR anytime, anywhere! A huge plus. Also having multiple locations and being able to allow all the office to see and book appointment when needed is great. They training vidoes are also great when trying to make a change or figure something out without having to wait for a customer service rep.

CONS

Revolution is not the cheapest product out there, but revolution continues to make improvements to there system.

Solomon