Sevocity Software Reviews

Sevocity Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"I liked its ease of use best; in comparison to other EMR software, its ease of use ranks well."
  • icon"Function, easy to use, direct integration with the billing system."
  • icon"I like how fast issues get resolved and as always they have great customer service."
  • icon"Occasionally the program freezes up and makes it very difficult to get out of charts (sometimes need to restart the program)."
  • icon"The fact that you cannot delete permanently a record that was upload it by accident."
  • icon"Emailing within is a pain. There isn't a history of sent messages,nor can you cut and paste."

Browse all Sevocity Reviews

• Have you used Sevocity and would like to share your experience with others?

Amanda

Love this EHR!!!

After just a couple of weeks my staff has transitioned with little frustration. A very nice change from eclinicals. We have used Athena and Eclinicals and for a small practice Sevocity by far blows them out of the water. the minor cons are nothing compared to the benefits and US based customer service we have received. Don't underestimate this small company.

Pros

I love the ease of use and the simplicity. It gets rid of all the unnecessary clicks and other things that complicate other EHRs. My charting is faster and I love the easy customization. EASY CUSTOMIZATION. Nice lab interface. Ordering made simple. Patient portal nice and not overally complicated. Minimal menus. Won't get lost in a sea of menu options. Staff loves it. Staff doesn't complain. Well laid out. I love the RCopia interface for eprescriping.

Cons

1.Can only open one encounter type at a time. They are addressing this now, hoping this won't be an issue soon. 2. ICD10 search not great but a quick google search will find it if you can't find it immediately on theirs. I foresee this being corrected in the future. I just add them to my favorites as I have to look them up so there are fewer and fewer each day to look up. Otherwise I have not found anything else I dislike.

Debbie

Sevocity Review

The Med portal is fairly easy to use and again our overall experience with Sevocity is a good one, when we have issues or need assistance the support team is always ready to help and normally correct or solve any issue we have easily. We have only one issue which they are currently trying to resolve.

Pros

Product is easy to use, training is easy as well, our new employees seem to catch on quickly which is a plus for our busy clinic. Overall we like the software and it fits with our needs.

Cons

We did have issues integrating it with the other software we use (Kareo) and they are currently working together now to fix an issue we have been having for about 2 months with new patients not able to cross over. Our provider doesn't like the procedure notes with the EMR system so we use another EMR as well.

See above.

Reasons for switching to Sevocity

We currently have Kareo for our scheduling, billing and our Provider uses it to do procedure notes. We switched from Kareo for our main clinical notes done daily due to Kareo has a 3rd party that controls the way pain medication can be dispensed. They only allow 1 pain med to be sent every 24 hours and that does not work well with Pain Management practice and it caused a lot of unnecessary set backs during clinic.

Response from Sevocity

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. We will be following up soon regarding the procedure notes. Thanks again!

Replied May 2021

Rachel

Low cost but inefficient as well

If I could get out, I would. The fact that one person only can be in the chart is ridiculous. It will slow down your pace and make your flow less efficient. If I had to do it over again, I would not purchase this system.

Pros

Relatively easy to learn the software.

Cons

1. Only one person can be in the chart at one time - so your staff cannot help you enter information if you are in the chart. Very inefficient! 2. No ipad or iphone app 3. Every time an update is made the system becomes more burdensome 4. We give suggestions to improve the system - positive changes are never made.

Response from Sevocity

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We hate to hear that you are not happy and hope you will contact our Support center for assistance. More than one person can be in the chart at the same time and you can easily send encounters between users. We regret that some of the updates required for CMS certification are not helpful but unfortunately are required for certification.

Replied April 2021

Beth

December 2021

Sevocity

My overall experience with sevocity has been good. Costumer support is usually very helpful and quick at responding back. Also very receptive to making updates when needed. It is also very user friendly as far as being able to modifier the templates our selves to make it fit our practice.

Pros

I like the ease of adding and modifying templates. Also setting up favorites that we use often.

Cons

It takes to long to get a provider set up in sevocity with prescriptive authority. To many steps involved. Wish once the provider was activated that was it.

Reasons for choosing Sevocity

Because of the reports that could be ran with Open PM

Reasons for switching to Sevocity

We couldn't run the billing reports we needed with eClinical

Kathy

Sevocity is perfect for Outpatient medical practices

Consistently meets or exceeds my expectations on Support and Reliability

Pros

The ability to customize the experience for each provider and to build endless templates without waiting on an implementation team to make updates.

Cons

It only allows one encounter to be open at a time for a patient.

Reasons for choosing Sevocity

Cost and ease of implementation and customization to provider

Did not support ICD-10

Teresa

April 2022

Sevocity has our stamp of approval

Sevocity is very easy to work on and with. The employees go above just working with you. They really try to help as quick as possible. I have never had a problem with them not getting back to me. I may not always like the answer but they do respong. Overall I love working with Sevocity.

Pros

We have been using Sevocity for 10 plus years. It is very affordable and user friendly. I love how we no longer have to keep up with charts and filing. Everything is right at your fingertips. Love how reports & labs are scanned right into the charts. Makes life so much easier for my front office staff and the nursing staff. Very easy to send the patients messages to the dr and receive a response in a matter of minutes.

Cons

Really like the system but the only thing I wish was more available is setting up letterheads that print out on the letters you send out to patients. Sevocity was wonderful in helping us set up this feature when we first stated with them. Since them we have changed a few dr's and needed the letterhead updated. I have reached out to them but was told they only help with the initial setup. This I wish was different due to my staff nor I having any knowledge on setting up our letterhead. Therefore our letters go out now with no office letterhead.

Financial

Reasons for switching to Sevocity

Financial was the main reason

Deborah

April 2022

Review of Sevocity EMR System - We Love IT!

We use primarily as charting and electronic prescriptions. We don't take insurance so we don't use that part of Sevocity. It is interfaced with our scheduling software and works good. We also create accounts for our invoicing of documents/papers for the business part of the office.

Pros

EMR for charting, patient portal, customer support. We use Sevocity for a lot of document storage for all sorts of things for our office that don't have to do with patients, but deal with things for the office. We have used Sevocity for about 9-10 years.

Cons

I would like to be able to rotate a document once it is uploaded into Sevocity.

Reasons for choosing Sevocity

Because it can highly recommended by another practice and the price was not over the top.

February 2022

Sevocity EHR

Pros

Clinic workflow is very straight forward and easy to navigate.

Cons

Not enough report options for compliance.

Price and Features

Daisy

Sevocity EMR

Overall the system does the job.

Pros

Overall the system is easy to use, easy to learn. The layout with the available tabs make it functional.

Cons

It is a unidirectional system which does not allow for orders to travel from Sevocity to outside labs. It would be nice that the patient encounter were just on one simple window versus the multiple tabs, including ordering medications from the encounter versus going into Rcopia.

Response from Sevocity

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to let you know that we are in the process of developing a lab orders interface. Also, there is a Note Display tab on the encounter to view the entire encounter. If this tab is not available or you need help putting it in the order you wish, don't hesitate to contact our live toll-free support line at 877-777-2298. They should be able to assist you.

Replied November 2021

Debbie

Sevocity - One stop shopping

This software has helped my office to become very efficient, save us time, assist our patient response time and performance. The audit feature is very helpful and I use it often. Routing messages is easy to use and I train my staff to send one to themselves so we have a tickler file to verify no one is ever overlooked.

Pros

I have been using Sevocity since 2009. I enjoy the flexibility, I also appreciate that it is user friendly and Sevocity as a company is very attenuative in regards to how they can improve the system.

Cons

The only con I have is I wish the interaction between Sevocity & Dr First was more helpful. It is not a Sevocity issue but a Dr First problem. It would be better if when a provider receives a refill request they had last visit and some additional information to speed the refill process along. Currently you have to leave Dr First - go into Sevocity review the chart, plan notes and return to Dr First to complete the script. It takes more time than it should. However It would not stop, prevent or slow down my decision to purchase Sevocity again.

Reasons for choosing Sevocity

They work extremely well with my practice management software and while making appointments I can toggle into Sevocity and make notes for orders, messages or document conversations. It works very well with Dragon Medical and our patients love the patient portal. The other programs did not meet these needs and had unfavorable reviews

Kelly

We use many EHR/EMRs and Sevocity is our favorite.

We benefit because the interface works so well with Open Practice Solutions

Pros

As a billing company the set up to interface with Practice Management software was with ease and it the only one that we interface with that works perfectly bi-directional. Also this software is user friendly. To check Meaningful use with the reports is also done with ease.

Cons

I would say have the LMP date sent over with the patient charges would be so helpful for my OB/GYN group.

Calvetia

Excellent EMR

Great

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is User friendly - Another feature that I like most about this software is that it is reliable. Another feature that I like most about this software is its security.

Cons

What I like least about this software is it’s Support/customer service. Sometimes I have to call repeatedly for someone to answer the telephone. Once they do answer the telephone they do assist me speedily and are knowledgeable

Unavailable information

Robert

Industry: Mental Health Care

New User to the service

So far it has been positive. Service is timely.

Pros

I find it straight forward and fairly easy to learn.

Cons

Starting out the text size is very small. It takes a bit to learn how to do adjustments in the system

Jacquelyn

October 2022

Sevocity for Urgent Care

Pros

What I like most about the software is that it is easy to use for large volumes of patients. The templates make it quick and efficient when trying to get through patients on a busy day.

Cons

Templates have to be individually removed from each provider. This can be very time consuming. It is also cumbersome to prescribe meds, as they are in a completely different software connected to Sevocity.

Shannon

Time used: Free Trial

Easy customization for this EHR

HIPAA complaint EHR

Pros

It has lots of options for easy customization, good customer support, clear instructions of how to use and integrate with other clincis/ labs/ imaging, ease of use, and is HIPAA compliant

Cons

Price for start up fees and price per user monthly fee. Too expensive for a small clinic. We will have to stick with Practice Fusion or charm instead.

Workable, but needs some work

Software: The software is a bit challenging to customize for some, but they do have customization experts that can help and do it for you. A few things could be added to ease use and interfacing, such as more detailed reporting options and import/export options. Luckily, they have product request forms and an actual department to take these requests into consideration for future updates. Adding Users: The paperwork involved in adding users to Sevocity is minimal and not too tedious. The paperwork and wait time for adding clinical staff to the prescribing software, RCopia, is a bit too much, especially when you have a high staff turnover rate. Customer Support: Starting out in Sevocity a few years ago, customer support was completely lacking. We would call and then not receive a call back for weeks unless we kept calling in to keep track. However, over the years they have developed new ways of handling calls and requests which have made it MILES ahead as far as efficiency.

Pros

Cloud-based The account holder is able to add/delete users. The account holder is able to customize Frequent software updates Product request forms Reporting Frequent training webinars

Cons

Software servers go down sometimes Import/export not global Referral reports not specific enough Need more options for notification pop-ups

Response from Sevocity

Sarah, Thank you for your feedback. We would like to understand more about your suggested reporting and import/export options and welcome you to submit product suggestions through the Help menu in Sevocity. Sevocity includes pop-up notifications for Health Maintenance Items and Vitals. If you would like one or both turned on or adjustments to the Health Maintenance alerts for your clinic please contact Support or suggest something different through the Product Request in Sevocity Help. Please keep in mind that we receive hundreds of product ideas every year and our #1 priority is meeting government program EHR certification requirements and these change every year. As a result, while we strive to address as many ideas as possible it is usually not possible to address all suggestions.

Replied December 2016