SimplePractice Software Reviews

SimplePractice Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"SimplePractice is really easy to use and the user interface is nice. It makes a lot of the monotonous tasks of documenting and billing super easy."
  • icon"I love how easy it is to take care of everything I need to regarding client on boarding."
  • icon"I like the how its easy to use and navigate. I love that there are helpful videos on every page."
  • icon"My cost s going up over 60. Current customers complained in large numbers and the new company basically ignored them."
  • icon"I think it is something that should be an option. It is too bad that is not an option for people that are more challenged by the program."
  • icon"This process can take a few days which is frustrating when many problems can be managed with a quick phone call."

All SimplePractice Reviews

1-25 of 2,561 Reviews

Kelly Elise

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Avoid SimplePractice

Amanda

Simple Practice saved me!

Truly a lifesaver. I feel like I am not a business person, but simple practice simplifies so many aspects of this.

Pros

I love all of the things that the developers decided to incorporate in this platform. You can upload your business documents, any documents relevant to your client records and so much more. I have created questionnaires that are specific to my practice so that I can gather data upfront and this prevents me from missing out on money. I love the integration for scheduling appointments, telehealth and billing and invoicing. If you want to streamline your practice, this is for you.

Cons

Clients cannot pay partial balances in their client portal yet, those payments have to be taken in the office.

Reasons for choosing SimplePractice

Simple practice had many more needed features.

Response from SimplePractice

Amanda, thanks for your positive review. We're proud to give you the back office you need to run a professional practice. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's any additional feedback you have. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Replied August 2019

Christi

Reliable, but pricey

Consistent, reliable, but feels like I’m on my own when I encounter questions/issues.

Pros

Everything is in one place, and easy to use. The platform is reliable (I don’t use the telehealth feature), and straightforward.

Cons

That I have to pay the highest tier price simply because I wanted to keep calendar syncing. I don’t use the telehealth, and everything else was available under the mid tier price. Also, you can never actually talk with customer service, everything has to be searched in their FAQ sections.

Reasons for choosing SimplePractice

At the time, it was more affordable, recommended, and I received a discount from the referral.

November 2022

Okay for solo practices. EXPENSIVE for groups.

Pros

I enjoyed how simple this software was and how intuitive it was to use.

Cons

This is one of the most expensive EHRs with the least amount of customization ability.

Mary

August 2022

completely unreliable; impossible to reach phone support

One week a client receives a text and the next they do not. SP keeps blaming clients for blocking SP number and I have documented evidence this is not the case. When SP stated the number was blocked, clients contacted their carrier and requested SP to be added. Did not fix the problem. This is only the trial basis and Every Day I've spent time emailing SP support to attempt to resolve. One time I had a duplicate number for 2 clients and I resolved that. Another time, text was not turned on. All other times have been a nightmare and not user error or client error. Terrible.

Pros

That I didn't pay for it beyond the trial basis

Cons

One week a client receives a text and the next they do not. SP keeps blaming clients for blocking SP number and I have documented evidence this is not the case. When SP stated the number was blocked, clients contacted their carrier and requested SP to be added. Did not fix the problem. This is only the trial basis and Every Day I've spent time emailing SP support to attempt to resolve. One time I had a duplicate number for 2 clients and I resolved that. Another time, text was not turned on. All other times have been a nightmare and not user error or client error. Cannot reach live support

Response from SimplePractice

Hi Mary - Thank you for your feedback. Our Customer Success Team thoroughly investigates every Help Request that our customers create in order to assure that the issue is identified and resolved. We recommend continuing to follow up with your Help Request to have our Customer Success Team look further into the issue. -Sara

Replied August 2022

Holly

September 2022

Simple Does It

Pros

It's great compared to others I've used. Love the calendar feature where it syncs with my Google calendar. Love the reminders for client appointments and how they can manage their own appointments.

Cons

A lot of tabs to click on. There's not a way to filter through the application itself if I just want information on one client.

Reasons for switching to SimplePractice

It was a very unfriendly user experience and you had to pay per user. Not good.

Rhonda

Free to try

Simplepractice actually has a very helpful schedule and messaging feature. It's just not really constructed for home health care.

Pros

A full access free trial let us try Simplepractice before committing. Unlimited reminders help patients keep appointments. I liked the patient portal and messaging service, patients can contact us faster and if phone lines are busy we can still be reached. The scheduling feature was easy to use and manage. Telehealth service allows screen sharing and audio is clear. HIPAA compliant and HITRUST CSF certified.

Cons

Because this organization has multiple providers keeping SimplePractice would've been expensive. I was expecting more flexibility and better video with telehealth. The customer support team was responsive but not helpful or friendly.

Reasons for switching to SimplePractice

Alora is very easy to use and is affordable but too simple.

Danyell

Industry: Individual & Family Services

The best option in town

I love it, especially with all of their new improvements.

Pros

They have a very easy to use format. They have all of the features needed for an individual private practice. And they have been enhancing their features to complement smaller group practices.

Cons

Customer service is in another part of the country, so the time zone is off by a few hours. Also, there is no human contact to consult with. Everything must be done electronically until it is escalated to a email chat then virtual call.

Reasons for choosing SimplePractice

It seemed more well known, and it had more reviews and customers.

Erica

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Simplepractice is the best

I find it easy to use and it meets all my needs. I have recommended it to multiple people

Pros

They keep coming up with new features to make it better. I feel very happy with it. I think simple practice is easy to use.

Cons

No way to make a group transaction and have it to go to all the group members. I hate having to make separate transitions for each group member

Stephanie

July 2022

Great software for health care practitioners and

Pros

Easy to use and a lot of great functions to make daily task a breed

Cons

No complaints, had a lot of functions that weren’t necessary for my practice

Manny

October 2022

Just like name says, Simple to use

My experience with SimplePractice is that it has helped tremendously in my Client charting and to remain compliant with the insurance companies I work with, in a very simple and straightforward way.

Pros

That it is completely customizable. I have created my own progress note template and several forms that the State of California now requires.

Cons

It is hard to contact customer support when there is a problem. Usually, I figure the problem out myself, but on occasion, I've had to just go on without correcting the problem.

Reasons for choosing SimplePractice

It was the first product I looked into.

Merve

SimplePractice

Pros

SimplePractice has a very useful and high quality interface. It is user-friendly and you can learn to use it within days.

Cons

Although it has a useful structure, the familiar classic look of the theme is tiring on the eyes. Using more colors may be better visually.

Briana

July 2022

Great, HIPPA Compliant Software

Pros

The software is easy to use, displays billing and HIPPA compliant. The progress notes feature is also easy to use.

Cons

Literally nothing. This software is easy to use.

Ben

Industry: Fine Art

June 2022

Secure Therapy

Pros

I liked that it was simple to use. I don't want to struggle with software in order to go to my therapy appointments. This takes the hassle and gives me fewer excuses to miss my appointments.

Cons

It would be nice to have an app or something to help with appointment reminders. As I said, my busy schedule sometimes makes me forget when I schedule things (but I can always check here).

Taryn

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

September 2022

mental health service

my overall experience with SimplePractice has been good

Pros

what i like the most about SimplePractice is it mission and how important it is for someone going through mental break down

Cons

what i like the least about the software could be the support service

Give this a try

The support for help was good however I chose a different software program.

Pros

This software has a lot to offer with notes and templates as well as different packages

Cons

For whatever reason, I struggled with understanding the software.

Peter

November 2022

Excellent Patient Records Management

Great platform , simple and unique patient records management

Pros

Appointment management,Patient record management

Cons

User security and fetch and updating of patients records.

Amazing patient records management