All TheraNest Reviews

Kelly

1 employee

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2021

It has saved me time and headaches in keeping track of client appointments and payments.

Gary

Reviewed November 2018

All In with TheraNest

Our office was using one company for scheduling patients and patient notification (text messaging); one company for billing; and one company for notes which resulted in huge opportunities for human error; the specific needs of our office were not addressed with any one company. TheraNest addresses most of our office needs in one integrated program. Scheduling, appointment notifications, progress notes, billing, and ERA (eventually). I previewed the ERA and it looks like it will efficiently apply payments to billed services. I am very satisfied with TheraNest and strongly recommend it for other Behavioral Health providers.

PROS

Imported years of data from another system into TheraNest with no errors and very limited time commitment. Their customer support was very helpful and honest about the transition. TheraNest is full featured- Our office used a competitor program for 30+ years but wanted/needed a cloud based state of the art EHR program- Our office tried several other popular programs but they all had significant limitations. We are very excited about Theranest. Our Office is new to the program but so far so good. The customer support is excellent. They are adding features frequently, including specific features requested by users. The start up learning curve is doable and our staff picked it up in a few days versus weeks. The scheduling, pt. appointment notifications, calendar, and agenda are well thought out and fully integrated. The initial intake note and progress notes took some getting used too but they work very well- DX codes are easily entered and updated. The progress notes are very professional and signed and cosigned if necessary. I know this sounds like a paid advertisement but I have spent a lot of time, money and effort trying other programs and I was never more encouraged than with Theranest. Our goal was to be fully functional with the transition from our current system to Theranest by January 2019. We are ahead of schedule and our intention is to bill our first full month of receivables for November 2018.

CONS

The fees were initially off putting. But after becoming familiar with TheraNest, I see the potential for a very efficient, time saving, integrated system that is well worth the monthly investment. There is also flexibility with monthly billing based upon caseload (increasing or decreasing at discretion of the user) and it seems fair.

Thank you for the glowing review!! We are so happy to hear you and your team are enjoying TheraNest!

Replied December 2018

Toy

Reviewed December 2019

A MUST HAVE!!

This software saves me so much administrative time! Using TheraNest, I also save by not having to hire a billing company! Billing is a matter of a few clicks! It is truly a MUST HAVE for private practice! The customer service and technical help are prompt, friendly and professional! It was easy to set up and get started using. The help database is amazing (videos and articles). I have referred three others because I am so impressed and enjoy using TheraNest! I researched and trialed others, and I am 100% happy with my decision to use TheraNest! Time saving TheraNest helps me get rest!!!

PROS

Easy to learn and use! Super user friendly and intuitive! Great value! Telehealth option with interactive worksheet feature!!! Has mobile app version. Calendar syncs with google calendar. Processing payments is a breeze! Forms and client portal save time and paper! Billing is quick and easy--few clicks and done! Reports are nice business management feature! Client reminders and self-scheduling options! Customer service is TOP NOTCH! Progress notes and treat

CONS

Honestly, I cannot think of any cons. I have nothing negative to say about TheraNest!

Price Features Interface User friendly Intuitive

Thank you so much for these wonderful words! We love to hear that you are enjoying TheraNest and referring us to your colleagues.

Replied January 2020

Bennett

Reviewed September 2023

Ruined my Billing

It's been awful. Their services are so terrible, the customer service is none existance, it almost forced me to close my business because of the billing issues Theranest created by using there in house billing. Worse, THEY DO NOT CARE! There is no customer service, only a chat bot and a random email that say "a ticket has been created". No one ever helps you to resolve your issue. Now I'm missing thousnads of dollars in claims and can't find a way to correct it. I've been in private practice for 10 years and always used office ally and always managed my own billing. I should not have left office ally. DO NOT TRUST YOUR FINANCES AND BUSINESS AT THERANEST!

PROS

It was a find product 5 years ago and worked primarily ok until Theranest offered for me to use their integrated billing system. I thought I was saving myself energy, time and money. The opposite has happened. I've had to switch EHRs because they took over my system and completely lost all of my bills, I have no way to track them, they are gone. They will not call me to help. I've lost thousands of dollars because of their billing system.

CONS

They offered integrated and managed billing. It never worked, they never assisted me with help, and now I am missing thousands in claims. I can not figure out how to fix it. Everything was find using Office Ally, and then I switched to Apex at their recommendation. I'm so upset. It has created hours and months of distress and they only feign a response. I'm constantly told "I'll create a ticket for this" and then they never get back to me, or deny accountability for there even being a problem. They are like working with another insurance company. I will never recommend this EHR. I will actively advise against it.

Christina

Reviewed October 2022

Best EHR/PMS for the money

I had never used an EHR/PMS in the past. (The company we left was still using paper files.) I can't believe how much easier it is to keep up with my paperwork. I am more organized and efficient. Thank you TheraNest!

PROS

When my business partner and I decided to go into private practice together in 2016 we looked at many different EHR/PMS software brands. I read reviews and did trials of the top 3. TheraNest was by far the most comprehensive, cost conscious, and easiest to use. They are always working on improving and expanding the functions and listen to customer feedback. I occasionally look at others to compare again, but TheraNest continues to be the best!

CONS

I wish it kept track of when I create and send invoices to clients. I have to download and save them in my files, so I can keep tack of when and if they were sent.

Reason for choosing TheraNest

TheraNest was by far the most comprehensive, cost conscious, and easiest to use. It meets my practice needs.

Lindsay

Reviewed June 2020

Favorite EHR System!

I am very happy with my experience with TheraNest. I feel secure knowing all my files are in one place and I can access from anywhere, anytime. Training staff is easy too with so many videos and articles to help train them on how to use the system.

PROS

The product is intuitive and easy to use. I love the note writing (can copy from last note), treatment planning (wiley system) and billing features. I love that TheraNest is constantly updating and making the system better and better!

CONS

Creating custom forms can be difficult. You can't copy and paste a document easily and have to re-create each one. Once you get used to it, it becomes easy just takes some learning :) Sometimes it takes a day or two to hear back from customer service if you use the chat feature.

Reason for choosing TheraNest

Yes! I did trials for these 3 programs and chose TheraNest!

Thank you for the review Lindsay! We are so honored to be your favorite EHR system. We will continue to work hard for you to earn that #1 spot.

Tyler

Reviewed October 2020

5 Stars

If you are wondering if you should, and you have spent hours searching like I have. You can stop. Theranest has got it all.

PROS

I have to say, I was scare to take on a venture of switching EHR’s. Our previous EHR was spectacular. Theranest was a lot to understand at first, and had way more features than our previous EHR. But within 1 week, we made a complete merge and once our platform was completed functional, the easiest part was bringing out clients over. The ease Theranest has instilled in their system makes it work every single penny spent.

CONS

I am not sure if any EHR does do this, but I wish merging our clients documents and implementing all of their information into our Theranest was a bit easier. But spend time getting used to the system and where everything is, and you’ll have no problem.

Reason for choosing TheraNest

TheraNest’s client portal. That’s what won.

Reasons for switching to TheraNest

To allow office staff more access to our clients and interacting with them so clinicians can do their job and not worry about the administration side.

Michelle

Reviewed October 2021

Theranest Supports my Private Practice

Overall, I really enjoy using Theranest for my EHR, & billing needs. Since it is all in one place, I am able to take care of these needs with ease.

PROS

It took me a bit to get to learn all the ins & outs of the software. However, on a personal level, I have to practice something until I am able to do it with ease. The Knowledge base in Theranest helped me look up anything I needed to learn to do and the instructions are very easy to follow, especially because they have videos to show you as well. Thus, it was in this way that it made learning how to navigate all the features with ease.

CONS

The process that was the most difficult, and still have not figured out is the APEX system, I thought I had gone through all the steps, but it still kept giving me trouble and then I gave up.

Reason for choosing TheraNest

I liked the aesthetics of TheraNest and it seemed more user friendly when I was doing the trial period for both products.

Chassidy

Reviewed January 2023

User Friendly EHR

PROS

I have used Theranest for over five years since starting my solo private practice. The ease of use has been outstanding. I have everything I need to keep organized records, appointments and invoices all in one place. I transitioned to providing Telehealth seamlessly with Theranest during the Covid pandemic as well.

CONS

There is really nothing I don't like about it.

Reason for choosing TheraNest

I thought TheraNest was more user friendly and customizable.

Christina

Individual & Family Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Easy to set up and use; reliable; sustainable.

Agile tool, trustworthy, dynamic, comprehensive.

PROS

I have found the set-up easy, the tutorials and knowledge base useful, the customer service responsive, and the tools easy to use and teach colleagues to use.

CONS

The migration of our former EHR system (MyClients+) has yet to occur, as it is not clear how easy it will be to access the records from former clients if needed. We could use some hand-holding to get this accomplished.

Reason for choosing TheraNest

Customer service, price, apparent ease of migration of former system (though this has not yet panned out).

Reasons for switching to TheraNest

Wanted updated and more comprehensive tool. Also, TheraNest offers a 50% non-profit discount which our organization very much needs.

Dr. Holly

Reviewed December 2020

Depends On Your Needs

It was decent. They have superb customer service. I really liked how attentive they are to your needs and are very open to making sure your issues are resolved.

PROS

Uploading documents into client's charts was a breeze. It made it easy for my staff and I to review charts electronically. The calendar feature is very user-friendly.

CONS

It was very difficult to figure out how to co-sign on my staff notes. I needed this function and found it hard to set up. Setting up each staff person was a little difficult.

Reason for choosing TheraNest

TheraNest was affordable. It didn't charge me per staff as some other programs. That was financially feasible for me and my agency.

Kenneth

Reviewed March 2020

Great Reports - Slow to Nonexistent Customer Service

PROS

I really love the reports, especially the demographic reports (with pie charts even) that I can pull with this EHR. I also love the all-in-one pricing, in that I can have as many therapists as I want - pricing is based on number of clients, not therapists. This EHR is user-friendly, somewhat updated GUI (still lagging behind the times, but not bad), and easy enough to figure out on one's own.

CONS

Cons - truly - there is only one problem I have found in the limited time I have used TheraNest. If you need to contact customer support - good luck. Emails generally take a week or longer to receive a response and I have only spoken 1x to a live person by calling support - and I have called MANY times.

Reason for choosing TheraNest

I was really taken with TherapyNotes' reports and smooth operation. I love their pricing by clients rather than by staff. They do charge additional fees for Telehealth/clinician, but it's worth it to have an integrated client portal (with payment and signatures) and demographic reporting.

Reasons for switching to TheraNest

TherapyNotes was fairly expensive for the same features with fewer reports. SimplePractice was just way too expensive and nickel-and-dime every service or feature they offer.

We are glad you are finding the reporting so valuable, Kenneth! We heard you loud and clear, we've added several additional Support staff members to the TheraNest team to decrease wait times.

Maria

Reviewed August 2019

New Electronic Note Taking and Billing Experience for my Practice

I am solving a time and storage problem through the use of Nest. The more I become comfortable with this software, the more I am able to do with leaving the office and having time for myself. In addition, I no longer pay an outside service for billing and bill almost immediately through the Nest program, understanding the ins and outs of how insurance panels prefer the electronic billing to another means. In the 6 or so months that I have used nest, I find it a tremendous asset to my business life as a therapist.

PROS

TheraNest continues to revamp and update its software making it more compatible to my needs as a clinician. Once you begin the experience of Nest and take it one step at a time, you realize that you are making progress with virtual notes and storage, billing and even telehealth! At first I was overwhelmed with learning to do everything online (changing from paper and pencil note taking, having an outside billing service to all electronic needs) I have made excellent progress where I am saving both time and money with the Nest Service. One great aspect of this service is the customer care with live online support and articles to read on areas I may need help. Training is offered on the areas I need the most help and the staff frequently ask how they can make this software product better and more compatible to my needs as a therapist's. A final accolade of Nest is being able to store secure photos of client art work and additional notes and documents. There is a secure client portal too if you choose to use this for intake and other virtual needs.

CONS

As a seasoned professional with little to no electronic note taking experience, my learning curve is not as adept to electronic storage, billing and virtual sessions. So, I find that sometimes the training tapes are too fast and too in-depth for one sitting. Therefore, I need to review them a few times in order to understand what area of Nest to access and what tabs I need to use for processing. Fortunately the support staff are ready to help me in all of my questions.

Reason for choosing TheraNest

My colleague in my office explained how the product works and I was given a month or two of free trial. However, I feel that the reviews I saw on line and from other colleagues helped me to decide to make the switch to electronic notes and storage through nest.

Maria thank you for this very insightful review! Going from paper notes to electronic notes can seem like a daunting task but there is nothing to fear when you have a team of TheraNesters behind you! We are happy to hear that you've been able to cut cost, streamline your practice and get more time back for the things you love!

Replied August 2019

Reviewed January 2020

TheraNest for Small Group Private Practice

Overall, I have truly valued using theranest for my work. It has been a wonderful system for practice management that I can do virtually everything I need to for my clinical practice. Once you’re familiar with the system, it is so easy to navigate through and complete the work in a timely manner. Although not without its frustrations, Theranest still has room to grow and develop. But I’m happy to wait along for the changes they have made.

PROS

TheraNest offers our practice the ability to effectively manage a caseload from all different sizes, and enables us to maintain confidentiality of patient information even across different users. I love that I don’t have to worry about someone else seeing the notes or appointment dates other than those who should. TheraNest’s template for progress notes, intakes, and treatment plans are super helpful in keeping me organized and making sure that I do not miss any information that needs to be documented. Additionally, I appreciate the software’s consistent updates that take into consideration feedback received from users like me. I was especially appreciative of their addition of separate gender identity and pronoun lines in the client details section.

CONS

Learning the software is difficult - wherein we notice a lot of people making errors in setting up appointments or being able to navigate through the site. We also find that few people use TheraNest the same way across the board, which creates some inconsistencies for us on billing and case management. Additionally, I have noticed minor fixes that could help to change the overall experience. For example, there’s no option for a user to cancel/change multiple appointments at one time; e.g., when a therapist is going out of town for a week. Also, there is no option to maintain a history of client demographic information, once you update the information (or the client does) it is gone. Lastly, there are seemingly no options to enter notes or addendums to notes that are signed or attached to a billed invoice. As a clinician, we notice mistakes at times and need to include additional comments like follow-ups with collaborative providers, client homework, etc. that would be best attached to the session note.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We appreciate your feedback, and we certainly agree there is always room to grow and improve! It is valuable customer feedback like yours that helps us continue to build upon the wonderful features we offer.

Kelley

Reviewed July 2020

Incredibly happy and satisfied that we switched to Theranest!

Exceptional. Our journey started with their [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who did an exceptional job explaining what Theranest would provide and how the system works. My big issue is customer service, if it involves a client's experience, whether its billing or telehealth assistance. When I have occasionally come upon a problem (which sadly is often user error....me...), I have gotten prompt response and excellent customer service. ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]? Amazing. And those articles by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], so helpful) . We are delighted with the switch.

PROS

I love the clean interface and the ease of use this product provides. As someone who is not particularly technically savvy, this was an easy platform to learn and to teach. Secondly, and VERY important to me, the customer service is exceptional. They respond in good time, and they are incredibly helpful when they do. Its worth mentioning, that often I'm sending in a request for help at the end of my day, knowing that I won't hear back until tomorrow. While I usually loathe being referred to an article to address a problem, the articles they provide are exceptionally written, and give clear concise STEPS to resolve an issue. (Kudos to their writer, who is worth her weight in gold). So I can say we are extremely happy that we switched to Theranest.

CONS

I haven't found any yet. We've had this for 6 months and nothing has happened that is problematic. In fact, its been a pleasure learning and working with the system and the Theranest Team. (And they are a TEAM) [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] particularly is phenomenal. I even like the bot system that does the initial chat space! I usually hate that but its SO effective.

Reason for choosing TheraNest

The biggest reason was first, the well done presentation from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He had to give it twice because I was feeling hesitant, if not skeptical. Second, it was how easy we could move through the system and learn it at our own pace. Credit to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for not rushing us. I said, "Give us a little time to review and compare". He was present, but not "in our face", yet always available to answer questions and walk us through it. GREAT salesman. Prior to signing up, I made it abundantly clear of the importance of good customer service to us, where you could actually reach a living human being to resolve a problem quickly if need be. So far, it’s been just an exceptional experience. I feel like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the rest of the team are available and that they actually care. Their responses are “connected”, professional and personable all at the same time. And late in the evening, I can research it as well, thanks to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and her well executed articles. Like I said, so far we are delighted with our decision.

Reasons for switching to TheraNest

The platform wasn't "simple" at all. The customer service was abhorrent. Literally, they give a notice it may take 72 hours to respond. What kind of business does that? Worse than that, it took 5 DAYS twice, to deal with a couple of billing issues. We were just referred to the 325+ mediocre articles that they provide to resolve our issues. INSANE!

yehia

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2023

yehia

One company was used by our clinic for patient scheduling, patient notification (by text message), billing, and notes, which created a significant risk of human error and failed to meet the unique requirements of our practise. The majority of our workplace demands are met by TheraNest in a single, integrated package. scheduling, reminders for appointments, updates on progress, billing, and ERA (eventually). I looked over the ERA in advance, and it appears that money will be applied to billed services effectively. TheraNest has my highest recommendation for other behavioural health practitioners since I am so pleased with it.

PROS

Years of data were accurately and quickly imported into TheraNest from another system. They provided excellent customer service and were upfront about the shift. Our office tested several other well-known applications, but they all had serious drawbacks. After using a competing programme for more than 30 years, we desired and required TheraNest, which is fully featured. We have a lot of enthusiasm for Theranest. The programme is new to our office, but so far so good. Excellent client service is provided. They constantly introduce new features, including those that people specifically ask for. The initial learning curve is manageable, and our staff members mastered it in a matter of days rather than weeks. The planning, pt.The agenda, calendar, and appointment notifications are thoughtfully designed and perfectly integrated. It took some getting accustomed to, but the initial intake note and progress notes work quite well—DX codes are simple to enter and updated. The progress notes are signed and cosigned as needed and are highly professional. I'm aware that this sounds like a sponsored commercial, but after investing a lot of time, money, and effort in testing out various products, I can honestly say that Theranest gave me the biggest boost. By January 2019, we hoped to have completed the switch from our present system to Theranest. We anticipate billing our first full month of receivables for November 2018 ahead of schedule.

CONS

At first, the costs were intimidating. But now that I know more about TheraNest, I can definitely see the potential for a really effective, time-saving, integrated system that would be well worth the monthly cost. Also, there is flexibility in monthly billing based on caseload (growing or reducing at the user's choosing), and it looks reasonable.

Pamela

Reviewed August 2023

User friendly start to finish.

TheraNest is capable of providing the manager and practitioners ways to individualize their workflows from charting notes to communicating with clients and other work mates. Training to use the product flows well and your can use the self-help options for finding the answer to most user questions. When you are unable to find the answer yourself or you have a glitch, customer service is courteous, patient, and solves the issue.

PROS

Ease of set up, daily use, billing management with Optum and Medicaid.

CONS

I would like to have complete billing management with all of my insurance products, esp. Anthem/BCBS

Ease of use and connection to Availity