All TherapyNotes, LLC Reviews

Great customer service

Madison (Madi)

Reviewed January 2020

Phenomenal Customer Care!

Therapy Notes consistently provides me with excellent customer service, quick solutions, and supportive information. I have easily gained more in value than the monthly expense, and it is with a great ease of mind that I use them to support myself and my clients. Thanks for all your hard work!

PROS

+Quick Responses +User friendly +Flexible +Easy to learn +Receptive to feedback

CONS

-Cost (but still worth it) -No tele-health/online therapy options or direct client scheduling (yet)

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

The easy to use interface allowed for a quick transition to private practice, which made one less stressor on my plate. Greatly appreciated! I also valued the service providers, especially Heather, for helping me to navigate billing in a prompt and manageable way!

Thanks for the glowing review! There actually is client self scheduling. Call us and we will wall you through setting it up. Thank you!

Replied January 2020

Ellie

Reviewed January 2024

Hands Down Makes My Life Easier

PROS

TherapyNotes makes my life as a therapist and practice owner easier. Easy to customize (most) forms (and the ones that are less customizable it seems they are updating to make more so!). I find the charting to be very user-friendly, and, if you're billing insurance, they include within their documentation everything that insurance companies would require. And if I ever have any questions, the customer service is truly remarkable - very knowledgable, wonderful follow up and follow through, and I have never once spoken with someone where I felt like I was someone inconveniencing them or they hated their job (which, sadly, can happen with a lot of customer service!).

CONS

I honestly don't have any major complaints. The most recent treatment plan update is a bit cumbersome but they put out an announcement that they were getting that feedback and were making improvements immediately.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

I was already familiar with TN from one of my training placements and knew I liked it. And my medical billers told me they prefer TN because the documentation includes everything they need for insurance, while some other products they found they often needed to track down additional information.

Amands

Reviewed May 2024

Not for prescribers

Not the worst but by far not the best either. Will be switching to a different system soon.

PROS

Great therapy note template. Ease of charging copays to client. Easily pull in intake information, however some of the intake is pyschotherapy based and not medication provider based.

CONS

Medication provider notes are all free text. The system constantly lags no matter what intenet connection I use or that I clear my internet history and cache daily. Tech support tells me that the lag is me and my connection. Sending prescriptions is a nightmare, the tab to aend prescriptions will disappear and then reappear and then that tab takes 2-3 minutes to load. Then if a prescription does not go through since this does not communicate with therapy notes there is no notification.

Dr. Lakeia

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Loving therapy notes!

PROS

I like everything about therapy notes. Suggestions of changes and additions are listed below.

CONS

The scheduling view is not good with the amount of providers we have. We are unable to view all providers on the schedule at one time. Also would like the ability to compete forms on a clients behave with the client in session. The forms should be able to be downloaded in PDF format and printable format. The ability for 2 Supervisors’s to sign off on clinical documents when needed. We need The ability to not allow counselors to delete a task on their to do list. Only supervisors or practice admins should be allowed to do this.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

Overall products and cost worked well for my size practice.

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

Caremanager has chosen not to update their servers, therefore the product is out dated.

Nicole

Reviewed August 2023

Excellent EHR for mental health companies

It’s been very helpful in navigating insurance discrepancies and customer service has been very helpful with that area as well.

PROS

We love how easy clinicians can navigate the system, the frequent updates, and customer service is superb.

CONS

I think there are opportunities to include several assessments yet but they continue to work on that by adding more and more.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

Simple Practice had several up-charges and hidden costs and is why we didn’t go with them.

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

TN is way more user friendly for both employees and clients.

Melanie

Reviewed February 2024

Great Platform, Excellent Customer Service

I have been and continue to be very happy with TherapyNotes! It makes my job easier, and offers everything I am looking for.

PROS

TherapyNotes is a straightforward platform that makes it easy to complete notes, keep track of scheduling, and manage billing. What I like best though, is their customer service. They are so easy to access and have been incredibly helpful!

CONS

Initially there were a few features (like being able to customize forms) that TherapyNotes did have, but they are continuously updating their platform and have added these features!

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

One of the biggest reasons was the "To-Do" list TherapyNotes has--it allows me to keep track of notes I have started but not completed, as well as other billing tasks. Their customer service was also a big reason, as I felt they want to hear from their users and are responsive to feedback.

Bill

Reviewed August 2023

Best software for Behavioral Health

I am looking to keep paperwork to a minimum, remain organized and on top of my notes and billing- TN does this very well for me.

PROS

It is comprehensive and meets all of the needs I have to run my practice efficiently. TN seems to be constantly working on future improvements in all functional areas of the system. It helps me keep up with notes and billing in a seamless manner and the system availability is pretty close to 100%!

CONS

I really have no thoughts about what would be better.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

TN came very highly recommended by colleagues.

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

It was a klunky nightmare - not geared to mental health so one had to work around the medical parts. It was not well designed, and was missing the features like scheduling and reminders and it did not scrub the claims to help you with errors.

carol

Reviewed February 2024

Accurate and accessible information

What I like best is that a human answers the phone and knows what they are talking about. Also, I have a lot of balls in the air- it helps me keep my practice organized.

PROS

The person who answers the phone can help me 90% of the time. If they can't help me they transfer me to someone who can.

CONS

It was a learning curve to get set up in the beginning.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

Because your phone people answer my questions. Simple Practice refers me to videos.

Deborah

Reviewed November 2023

TherapyNotes is Great

Everything is great with TherapyNotes.

PROS

TherapyNotes provides everything I need for EHR management, billing, and telehealth. Their customer service is excellent. You may have to wait a bit on the phone, but the wait time has been short and the customer service/provider services representatives are knowledgeable, patient, understandable, and will remain on the call for as long as you need. The monthly price is very reasonable and lower than some other EHR services i researched.

CONS

There is no provision for couples, families, or groups using different devices for telehealth. I have to use another telehealth provider for these sessions.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

Ease of use, customer/provider service, and cost.

Micheal Frances

Reviewed February 2020

Therapynotes is true to the promises it makes to customers

PROS

I run a small practice and I do most of my own billing, scheduling and of course documentation of my client's progress. This program is comprehensive and easy to use. What really makes this company better than the others in the field is their customer service. Plainly speaking the other companies I've tried offered little or no useable customer service, which resulted in my getting "stuck" on how to use their systems - and having to wait several hours or even days to get an answer on how to use a particular feature.

CONS

Compared to other programs I have used, Therapynotes just doesn't have things I dislike.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

Plain and simple, I'm staying with TherapyNotes because they true to their word when it comes to live support. Unlike Simplepractice, they don't leave the burden of training on customers; Therapynotes provides the support needed to use the program. Unlike Theranest, Therapynotes does not lie about it's customer service. They actually walk their talk.

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

SimplePractice offers NO live customer support. You are told where the "database" of instructions on how to use the program is located and you are on your own. Programs like this are detailed and complex - there is a fairly steep learning curve. For me, it's a glorious waste of my time to be told to go search in the haystack for the specific information you need to properly use the program. Theranest - the second practice management program I used SAID they offer live customer support, but in fact, they lie about this kind of support. In fact, when using Theranest, I was often required to leave a message and wait for an answer - sometime up to two or three days later. When you are working a busy practice, and you want to bill, or make notes on a session, it is not sustainable to have to wait to receive answers on how to use the program.

AJ

Reviewed May 2021

TherapyNotes The God

Pleasant and never once considered switching given how easy it is to use and how good the customer support is

PROS

Its ease of use and the intuitiveness. Very straightforward. Everything is organized in a way that you can easily find what you're looking for. There's a hidden depth to it for those who want to delve into it too. There's a trick to that ya see. Being deep but not so overwhelmingly upfront about it that it makes the system hard to use.

CONS

Small things like: - not being able to add non-therapists/admins' stuff to the calendar - setting reminders for individual patients isn't an option? - can't create a co-insurance tab, only copay (I believe) - the usual format for all things electronic has "green for yes" where ass some windows in TherpyNotes have a grey box to accept and continue and a green one for "go back" if you will. A bit confusing at first

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

We got too large and that one was kind of clunky and not innovative

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2021

TherapyNotes is a workhorse for our clinic; 30 providers.

Excellent software, excellent support.

PROS

Enough guardrails to rest easy about compliance. Claims get submitted automatically. Support for multiple locations and modifier codes. Financial reporting is flexible. Most reports can be downloaded as spreadsheets. SUPER customer support. They answer the phone and that's a big deal for us.

CONS

Supervision features are lacking. We'd like to see our supervision note displayed if we reject a note and then a supervisee resubmits. We need a report on when tx plans are filed so we can monitor compliance. These are very minor issues compared to what TherapyNotes does for us.

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

SimplePractice has non-standard forms for intake, tx plan, progress notes. All these forms have to be customized, which is fortunately allowed. SimplePractice did not support modifier codes on claim submission so every claim had to be edited by hand (apparently they fixed this). Customer support has to be the worst in the industry. No phone number to call. The staff that monitors the Facebook group is downright abusive. (maybe they fixed this)

Reviewed January 2022

Awesome Customer Service

This is the best software I have found for my private practice. It is priceless to me to be able to reach customer service by phone rather than by chat or an "online ticket". The billing aspect of the software is easier to use than the software I used previously. The only thing I would like to see improved is the addition of different notes and treatment plan templates, or at least ones that are more customizable.

PROS

Easier to get up and running than comparable EHRs, great customer service that is easy to reach by phone, easy to navigate

CONS

No variety of notes and treatment plan templates

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

Primarily because customer service was more accessible and responsive. Also, cost was slightly less for what I use it for, and setting up the electronic billing feature was easier.

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

Cost was less with Therapy Notes overall, and billing was easier.

Kaye

Reviewed July 2023

Worth it! A few changes would make TherapyNotes the perfect mental health EMR!

PROS

Excellent and quick telephone customer service with an expansive hours of operation, ease of insurance billing, simple design that is easy to follow, comprehensive and accurate to-do list, large selection of detailed online help/support pages. TherapyNotes is also proactive with updating their software on a regular basis.

CONS

When registering a new client, they are only granted TherapyPortal Access for seven days. This has proven to be an issue numerous times when the client needed to contact me to resend their link to access the portal. Also, it is a major inconvenience that clients cannot reset their own passwords on the portal. Clients must contact an administrator in order to reset their own password; there is no reason this should be the case. When using a Telehealth session, there is a pop up that appears stating the connection is poor even when it is not; this can be distracting. For the Calendar view, I would prefer that I can see my entire day on one screen without scrolling. Sometimes there is excessive clicking; I dislike that there is no one-click option to charge all/multiple copays for all clients at the end of the day.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

Recommended by a former colleague.

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

Complicated and messy billing issues with SimplePractice.

Lisa

Reviewed June 2021

Therapy Notes Review

Excellent. The customer service is responsive and courteous. I receive extremely prompt responses to my questions

PROS

The ease of use and ability to move through the fields quickly. The reliability, I have never had a connectivity issue

CONS

As a Nurse Practitioner I hope electronic prescribing is an option in the future

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

Cost, ease of use, customer service

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

Patient records were missing parts of documentation, poor customer response, frequently "down" and unavailable for use.

Individual & Family Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Easy For All

Overall, I've enjoyed using the product, and look forward to continue using it. The pricing is competitive, especially for a non-profit, this has been a great selling point when compared to other companies.

PROS

I like that the software has a lot of built in features that are handy when starting to use the software. The company has also release a lot of great videos on youtube to help you navigate through the different options and features included in the software. I've used these videos to help find answers to questions. Next, it has been really easy for my clients to use as well. Their portal allows for easy transfer of paperwork and allows for clients to sign things electronically, so clients don't always have to download and sign the document then reupload it.

CONS

At this time, the telehealth feature doesn't have all the bells and whistles that Zoom or Microsoft Teams (MT) has. This is, from my understanding, a new feature so I hope they continue to work on this. Screen share or screen flipping would be helpful as I used these a lot during sessions when I used MT. It would also be useful if when you entered into the telehealth feature, it would open into a separate window so that you could still access the client's file or library.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

I chose TherapyNotes because the price was right, and I felt that SimplePractice did not offer as much when comparing them. Although I did like the look of SimplePractice, I felt the consumer paid too much for just looks alone. In practice I feel that TherapyNotes is simpler for the therapists and clients.

Cherlisa