• Pros

• "The presentation is clean and friendly. Easy on the eyes. It is intuitive and easy to understand. Not difficult to learn. "

• "It's very easy to use. The staff is very helpful and walks me through the issue I am having."

• "Easy to use and professional quality software."

• Cons

• "Cost is a little high per user. Not good for some smaller companies. It is a great system and quick to sit up. "

• "I would like more customization ability as far as being able to create custom templates but other than that, I have no concerns."

• "It can be a bit intrusive as a clinical director but you can turn off features you don't want reminders on."

Browse TherapyNotes Reviews

Madison (Madi) from Creatively Thriving LLC/ EMDR & Beyond

Phenomenal Customer Care!

Therapy Notes consistently provides me with excellent customer service, quick solutions, and supportive information. I have easily gained more in value than the monthly expense, and it is with a great ease of mind that I use them to support myself and my clients. Thanks for all your hard work!

Pros

+Quick Responses +User friendly +Flexible +Easy to learn +Receptive to feedback

Cons

-Cost (but still worth it) -No tele-health/online therapy options or direct client scheduling (yet)

Reasons for Choosing TherapyNotes

The easy to use interface allowed for a quick transition to private practice, which made one less stressor on my plate. Greatly appreciated! I also valued the service providers, especially Heather, for helping me to navigate billing in a prompt and manageable way!

Response from TherapyNotes

Replied January 2020

Thanks for the glowing review! There actually is client self scheduling. Call us and we will wall you through setting it up. Thank you!

Monique from Vine Christian counseling Services

So Grateful for TherapyNotes

I feel so supported by their customer care team! They are almost always available and help me with difficult questions. But the software itself is so intuitive you could figure most features out on your own...and trust me, I am not that great at technology.

Pros

The software is incredibly intuitive! The documentation options are current and has everything I need. The customer service is second to none! I am doing my own billing after never having billed on my own before, saving me $1,000's of dollars per year! I can sync my calendar with my personal calendar. The price is perfect for me!

Cons

I have not yet found any features that I do not like, other than wishing I could add my own "to do" items on my calendar. Maybe I can, and I just haven't discovered how to yet.

Reasons for Choosing TherapyNotes

I had heard so many positive reviews. Also, I looked at both websites and found what I needed with Therapy Notes. The customer service, alone, is worth it!

Jennifer from Private Practice

My Love/Hate Relationship with This Software

As a therapist, sometimes I feel like being with TN is akin to staying in a bad relationship. They don't actually promise anything but I keep staying because I keep hoping/believing they're going to come through one day and offer these features (i.e. fillable client intake forms that transfer the data into my intake note, a mobile app, and a two-way calendar). TN is also charging the same amount of money or in some cases more money as other EHRs that do offer these simplistic features. One good thing is that they did lower the price by $10 per month for solo practices, but I am already paying $79 per month for myself and one intern. That price will increase by $20 per month for every intern I supervise, and I currently have ten prospective interns waiting in the wings. You do the math.

Pros

The good: First, TherapyNotes has outstanding customer service. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and able to troubleshoot issues within minutes after I've wrestled for hours trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Secondly, ease of billing. I have been with this service since 2015 and I've tried about four other EHR products, but I keep coming back to TN because of the ease of billing. All you have to do is input the client's insurance information and once you complete a note, you just press a button and the claim is sent out. With other EHRs, I still had to fill out my own claim forms, which I didn't know how to do. Because TN makes it so simple, I have decided to stay with them. Getting paid is pretty important, so I suppose this would be the single greatest value for me as far as this software is concerned.

Cons

The bad: They consistently refuse to provide the simplest of features requested by their users. I am intentionally using the word "refuse" because it is clearly a choice made by TN. I asked TN in September 2016 if they would EVER implement an electronic intake form. TN told me they were "working on it" and gave me an estimate of December 2016. It actually didn't happen until several months later, and when they finally revealed it, it was so disappointing. All they did was give us the ability to upload a form to the portal so a patient could download it, fill it out, and then upload it back. This means I still have to go through the time consuming task of manually typing everything the client wrote into the intake form on my end. When TN released this feature, they were so excited, as if it were the most amazing feature they've ever rolled out, completely oblivious to the fact that this "feature" is not much different from me emailing my intake form to a client. Apparently TN thinks it's still 2003. Several users left comments on the announcement post telling TN this is NOT what we were waiting for. As of May 2020, we are still waiting. TN also doesn't have a mobile app, while most other EHRs do. As someone else stated, there is no two-way calendar integration. I'd also like to see a way for me to document supervision meetings with my interns. Right now I have to create a separate client account for each of my interns to keep track of supervision meetings.

Reasons for Choosing TherapyNotes

One reason and one reason only: it is the only software that makes billing a breeze and actually gets me paid. With TherapyNotes, all I have to do is press a button and my claims are sent, processed, and paid within a few weeks. With all the other products I've tried, I still had to fill out my own forms and I often had errors. One of the other companies consistently paid my Cigna claims, but every Medicare claim was rejected. After months of going back and forth with customer service, I finally switched back to TherapyNotes. TherapyNotes irritates me for the "cons" I listed above, but at least I don't have to sit for hours trying to process my claims. In the end, this is the lesser of two evils. I would rather fill out intake paperwork ONCE per client than have to wrestle with claim forms every session. I have already tried four other EHRs and in the end, TherapyNotes does make my life easier than the others, even though I can't understand why they won't give us the simple features we've been asking for years. If TN did listen to its customers and add an app, a fillable intake form, and a two-way calendar, they wouldn't just be the lesser of two evils; they'd be the BEST.

Response from TherapyNotes

Replied May 2020

Thank you for the review, Jennifer. We have a team of full-time developers working on TherapyNotes, and we are adding new features and improvements as quickly as we can, and the portal has been of significant priority. In addition to the Patient Information Form, we recently released the Patient Contact Form, and more forms and portal features are in development now. It is certainly not a matter of us refusing to add features, it's just a matter of getting to everything we want to accomplish.

Doug from Doug Girard, Psy.D.

Disappointed after 3 years with the platform

Pros

Good documentation management. Well-designed for use with families and minors. Billing features met my needs as a practitioner not accepting insurance.

Cons

Infrastructure problems abound with TN. There was a multi-day service outage in the summer of 2017, with little communication from the company to customers during the outage and no compensation for the downtime. In December 2017/January 2018, I finally lost my patience with the platform when the company decided to implement a major change in the database mid-week and the database upgrade destabilized the platform resulting in more downtime. Regarding the software... Your notes will be top-quality notes, but they will take you forever to write because the workflow is overly rigid. There is no way to customize what questions are asked in intake notes, progress notes, termination notes, etc. Text fields are too small, and only unformatted text is permitted. File attachments cannot be added to notes. There is currently no way to use the patient portal to have clients fill out forms, pay bills, send/receive documents, and perform secure messaging. No mobile app. No two-way sync with calendars means constantly having to check two calendars. 10 MB limit on file uploads. I was on the platform for almost 3 years and saw only very minimal feature enhancements/additions. And get ready for a very poor user experience when you decide to leave the platform; plan to basically download thousands of resources manually with no help from the dev team. When I sent feedback to the dev team on my way out, they defended their poor design choices and offered kludgy workarounds rather than listen.

Micheal Frances from Revolution Psychotherapy

Industry: Mental Health Care

Therapynotes is true to the promises it makes to customers

Pros

I run a small practice and I do most of my own billing, scheduling and of course documentation of my client's progress. This program is comprehensive and easy to use. What really makes this company better than the others in the field is their customer service. Plainly speaking the other companies I've tried offered little or no useable customer service, which resulted in my getting "stuck" on how to use their systems - and having to wait several hours or even days to get an answer on how to use a particular feature.

Cons

Compared to other programs I have used, Therapynotes just doesn't have things I dislike.

Reasons for Choosing TherapyNotes

Plain and simple, I'm staying with TherapyNotes because they true to their word when it comes to live support. Unlike Simplepractice, they don't leave the burden of training on customers; Therapynotes provides the support needed to use the program. Unlike Theranest, Therapynotes does not lie about it's customer service. They actually walk their talk.

Jessica from Jessica L. Massey, LCSW, PLLC

Great Product, Outstanding Customer Service

Overall, TherapyNotes makes me so much more efficient that I can spend more time and energy focusing on my patients, where it needs to be.

Pros

TherapyNotes is user friendly, keeps me automatically HIPAA compliant with treatment plans, notes and security. It has seamless billing and the ability to post payments electronically. It has a lot of other perks and they are always working on adding new features or upgrading the ones they have.

Cons

setting up the credit card processing was complicated but they have recently changed companies to improve that situation.

Reasons for Choosing TherapyNotes

ease of use, good value for the money for a single practitioner, seamless billing feature, offered a BAA, a feature that automatically makes me keep up with every aspect of documentation when I need it.

brian from new springs counseling service

Therapy Notes

My experience with therapy notes has been great and I would recommend it to anybody

Pros

I like that it is easy to use, that it has reports for everything and the billing is made simple all you have to do is click submit and it is billed

Cons

I really have not found any cons. Maybe more of a tutorial on how to use it would be helpful. I have found it rather easy but some of my therapists have struggled at first then have loved it.

Reasons for Choosing TherapyNotes

The price of therapy-notes was better and I tried it first and liked it.

Response from TherapyNotes

Replied December 2019

Brian, thanks for the great review! Regarding tutorials, be sure to take look at our Help Center, Blog, and Youtube Channel. We also do live webinars and provide phone support 7 days per week. https://support.therapynotes.com https://blog.therapynotes.com https://www.youtube.com/therapynotes

Kelly from Pursuit of Wellness

Brief Experience

TherapyNotes is a great option but needs to remain competitive with the growing market of EHR. I would recommend it, but unless it's price changes, it was easier to choose the alternative option.

Pros

This software is great for a private practice. It has all the necessary features like scheduling, payments, an easy to use client portal, and of course documentation. The formatting was use friendly, attractive, and intuitive. As a solo practitioner, there were many features I did not have the opportunity to use that I am sure would have been useful for a larger practice (non-clinical staff features).

Cons

The features were very similar to SimplePractice, which at the time of sign up, was cheaper. TherapyNotes charged for client reminders, .14 cents per reminder. That can really add up! I also believe that the credit card payment is more expensive through Therapynotes. Therapynotes also does not offer a secure messaging system, which has been helpful for communicating with my patients.

Reasons for Choosing TherapyNotes

I didn't! I ended up leaving TherapyNotes for the above reason for SimplePractice.

Shawna from Revitalize Counseling for Change LLC

Therapy Notes = Awesomeness

Pros

I actually love everything about this software! It is user friendly and helps me remember what I need to do. Creating session notes has become less time consuming and less overwhelming if you tend to be a bit of a procrastinator. I am just now learning the billing aspects and so far I appreciate how it lays it all out. I do not use the insurance/claims section, but as the rest of software is user friendly, I assume that part is as well. It has helped our practice in scheduling, allowing us to see all clinicians schedule so that double booking of the office does not happen. The price is just right for a small practice.

Cons

At this time I have not found anything that I do not like about this software.

Reasons for Choosing TherapyNotes

Honestly, the price was the main factor. We were able to utilize the free trial (30 days), and fell in love with all the software offered. Being a new business this software fit our budget and has been a blessing to use.

Sarah from Embracing Balance Counseling Solutions, LLC

Love this Program!

Pros

It's so much more stream-lined and user-friendly than my last program. Multi-step functions are simplified to where you can do almost everything from one screen at the time you're using it.

Cons

I wish there was an option to send out confirmation texts when appointments are booked, not just the day before.

Mary from The Healing Group

Best EHR for Mental Health Practices

Please see below...

Pros

I love the overall professional presentation of the software. It is clear that Therapy Notes values this and that they work hard to not compromise this. It plays out in the way that they will take their time to carefully design and implement new features and the existing ones are relevant and well thought out. It is evident that they are concerned most with ethics and best practice in the mental healthcare field and not in pleasing everyone because designing a database is not in most clinician's wheelhouse. They have a big job with what they do and this clinician appreciates how they are doing it and the fruits of their labor.

Cons

I do wish the portal could be a little more robust but again, this is something that I know they are working on and there are details that they are considering that are out of my scope.

Reasons for Choosing TherapyNotes

It is the most professional, intuitive, and relevant EHR software. I have also worked in a hospital setting using EPIC.

Response from TherapyNotes

Replied October 2019

Thanks for the great review! Yep, we continue to add functionality to the portal. Stay tuned to our blog for updates.

Beyond Outstanding!

A+++++ EXCEPTIONAL, FAST AND ACCOMMODATING CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM A COMPANY I FEEL IS A TRUE TEAM WHO UNDERSTANDS ME AS A PROFESSIONAL (AND HUMAN BEING) AND THEY ARE ALWAYS, ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP ME IF A HARDSHIP ARISES AND WILL HONOR THAT EACH TIME BY HELPING ME OR ANYONE ELSE (as long as it doesn't become a continuous habit). They're truly amazing. I LOVE this company!

Pros

Therapy Notes (as an organization) provides optimal, timely, friendly & solution-focused customer service for any need I've called about. They are EXTREMELY UNDERSTANDING if you experience a Hardship of Financial setback (I was diagnosed with Lupus) and will do ALL it takes to accommodating your needs to help get you back on track. Their software interace is extremey user-friendly (setting up your initial account, inputting new client information, scheduling (including a partient portal which assists clients in schedule their own appointment REQUESTS, automated email appt reminders, exceptional clinical documentation, SIMPLE billing practices to submit claims and receive ERA's (with one-click "posting" to various client accounts who are included on the same return ERA.) Payment processing has Several options (my favorite is "Submitted Payment through an External Account/Debit) because most of my client prefer quick POS payment processing for matters such as paying their per session Co-Pays. ETHICAL: Providers are blocked from submitted claims for processing until the corresponding clinical note has been signed. No way around this. Therefore, IF a provider wants reimbursement for services provided, they MUST be compliant and have signed and submitted their clinical documentation. Providers are able to change the settings of the program....but Not that ONE requirement for liability purposes of course. Seriously, Beyond Outstanding!

Cons

I'd say the ONE thing that makes it Exceptional::: LOL:::: The program forces providers to complete their clinical documentation within 24-48 hours. Unless you do so, the system blocks your ability to "bill" (and get paid!!) Ugh (but it's a good thing!) I wish they'd develop an APP. I've been asking them for almost 4 years, yet they don't have one? Despite making several other changes to their system (i.e. blogging). They're such an advanced, in-tune, intelligent team of "younger" professionals, it's actually a bit mind-blowing for me that there hasn't been an APP created to support their "mobile consumers".... I feel they could POTENTIALLY be losing lots of business potential by neglecting to make this a priority (knowing that most of their main competitors do function via Apps and their lack of developing one decreases their "attractiveness" over to a company who uses an APP, DESPITE that TN is Superior in every other way!

Reasons for Choosing TherapyNotes

Already explained. Please READ this Glowing review ad testimony to how Outstanding they are in every capacity :) Customer Service ) WOW!!!!! Ease of Use: YES!!!!! Price Point: BEYOND worth it. There ya' go, Katie :)

Response from TherapyNotes

Replied September 2019

Thank you Katie for the A+++++ review! Yes we do require notes before you can submit claims, but to be clear there is no "24-48 hour" requirement. You can do your notes whenever you want, as long as you do it before you bill. We haven't prioritized an app because we have so much else we want to accomplish. Plus, you CAN use TherapyNotes on your mobile device in your web browser, and you can push your appointments to your smart phone's mobile calendar. Please check the knowledgebase for instructions on how to do that. Thanks again! :)

Bethany from TheraMed Solutions LLC.

TherapyNotes- A revolution in Behavioral Health Billing and EHR

Submitting claims for the entire day of work takes anywhere between 10 seconds to 4 minutes tops depending on if anything needs changed before it is submitted. The scheduling calendar is a breeze with the ability to see multiple locations and multiple providers at the same time, or restrict it to one provider at all locations, all providers at one location, or any configuration of that you can think of. It is color coded, giving each clinician a different color, so office staff can easily see which patients are with which doctor. And you can set up recurring appointments with the click of a button for as many or as few weeks as you would like for a patient. You can also individualize the billing per Insurance company, and per doctor, so any special billing can be saved and will be automatically input for the payers that require it. Also, the visit records (notes) that the doctors input for each patient are extremely well organized, and easy to print and provide to insurance companies/workers comp/other providers when requested. TherapyNotes is intuitive software that is easy to learn, user friendly, and inexpensive in comparison to other options.

Pros

The price charged, along with what you get is incomparable, this software is head and shoulders above the competition. TherapyNotes has solved 99% of our Billing and EHR issues. When issues do arise, we are able to get a representative on the phone within 1 minute flat, (this is record time, EVERY time.) and they are always extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and can SOLVE any problem. The one and only problem I still have, is already in the works for the next update to solve, and TherapyNotes staff has provided such an easy workaround in the meantime, that it has become nearly a non-issue. It is an extremely user friendly interface, and we have come to find that any mistake made within the system (Billing/health records/you name it) can be reversed, without any issues.

Cons

The Doctors had a hard time, when the office first transitioned to TherapyNotes, getting the notes completed. (All notes regarding a patient's visit on that date of service need to be completed before that DOS claim can be sent out. There is no deadline to complete them, you just can't send the claim until they are completed) Once the clinicians adjusted to writing their notes in a timely fashion, they too have concluded that they much prefer TherapyNotes over our old software (NueMD) which was MUCH more costly, for extensively less features that are beneficial to a behavioral health practice.

Brian from BlueSky Wellness, llc

Industry: Mental Health Care

Very comprehensive, user friendly, and overall fantastic EHR/Billing software!

Overall a really pleasant experience with TN. Highly recommended!

Pros

- Comprehensive and robust charting system - Pre-populated progress notes from dx and treatment goals from intake / 1st treatment plan making completing half of the note a breeze! - Pre-populated interventions list, or create your own - Fantastic ability to submit claims electronically with ease making the billing process a breeze! ERA’s (EOB’s in electronic format) come straight from the clearinghouse making reconciliation a one click process vs manually entering insurance payments. These two features have saved me tremendous time! - All of your billing is easily accessible either by patient, or practice wide. Many reports you can run to efficiently keep an eye on your cash flow. - Appointment reminders via text, phone call, or email. Clients LOVE them! Reliable. - Incredible customer support! Second to none. Every time I call there are no long wait times (usually under 5 minutes or less!) Customer support is clearly extremely knowledgeable about the software and are eager to help problem solve technical issues or just there to guide you through the use of the product. I can’t tell you how helpful they have been. Words can’t describe. They really are amazing! :) - THE PRICE! Superb value for such a comprehensive system. This is a company who isn’t looking to squeeze out as much as they can from you. It’s very affordable for solo practice clinicians who are already struggling to make a living with all other expenses a practice runs into.

Cons

- Sometimes the billing can get confusing due to the complexity of the process of billing with insurance in general. - No telehealth module yet! Once HIPAA complaint video confrerencing comes, TN will truly be an ideal fully comprehensive easy to use platform! Looking forward to it!

Above & Beyond!!

TherapyNotes has the most outstanding customer service of Any company in which I've ever conducted business. Each time I call them they respond within 1-2 hours with a Solution to my inquiry. When I have certain requests pertaining to my practice or TN account, they willingly and generously support my concerns and do whatever it takes to work with me so that my practice succeeds. I could go on and on with this answer but simply put, I'm so grateful I "stumbled" upon this company and EHR softward progam because I've had ZERO issues with them at all and would highly recommend them to any person seeking a new documentation system!

Pros

TherapyNotes EHR is an outstanding software for my private counseling practice. It's ease of use and ample "help" section makes it simple for me to learn anything I have questions about --most of the time without even needing to call them. I've been a customer since 2016 and have only positive feedback to give. Use the free-trial offer. I did and have no regrets.

Cons

Regarding TherapyNotes, there are only 2 things that cross my mind now and then. 1) I'd like for them to develop a mobile app. I mentioned this to them and they were very receptive stating they were in the process of doing so. I'm looking forward to that! 2) I'd LOVE if TN created Intake forms that could be tailored to individual practices (i.e. insert company name here) If demographic, consent, HIPPA, cancellation, etc. forms were incorporated into the program and could be easily send to new clients through the patient portal , it would save me a ton of time and allow me to concentrate on providing therapy rather than on the necessary paperwork that is required.

Donna from Delich Counseling Services, LLC

Excellent Company

Excellent company I have been with Therapy Notes for over three years and have never had a bad experience with the product or the service. They go above and beyond to make sure you as a provider or user have the help and support you need. They are constantly making improvements in the software and they make taking care of the paperwork end of business so easy. I have had pleasant and great experiences every time I call their support team with questions. No question is left unanswered nor are they too trivial. They try to make the product as user friendly as possible and are there to guide you through it all. I love that my notes are professional and easily read, all information that needs to be in them are there, I once got audited on a couple of clients by Medicaid and it was so easy to pull up what I needed and get it sent in. Passed with flying colors because all that I needed was in the note format. My clients all get a reminder text or call and they love it. I appreciate all the hard work they do on their end to make this a top of the line product for those of us on the front lines with clients. Billing is easy and user friendly. i would and have recommended this company to anyone looking for a good safe and professional product to help you in keeping documentation and billing orderly and consistent with expectations of our fields of practice. Thank you Therapy Notes!

Pros

I like everything about it. It is user friendly, if you need help the support team is exceptional. Notes are professional and clear, easy to read, treatment plans are wonderfully easy and all you need for notes are available for documentation. Their billing is easy and support is a phone call or email away. I have used the product for 3 years plus and have never had a bad experience with the company. It keeps confidentiality, and ease of keeping client information in a safe place.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about this software.

October 2012

Shawn from Shawn Davis LCSW PA

October 2012

A great therapy office addition

Overall I am very happy with the system and recommend it for practices of all sizes. The pros out weight the cons. Most of the negatives I have found are potential future features. There is already a plan to integrate appointment reminders to clients, which will be a great time saver. I have found updates to the system to occur very quickly and good follow through on promised features. They owners are definitely motivated to keep customers happy when able.

Pros

Notes are easy to enter for a busy practice. I love the features of uploading old paper charts for storage (other programs don't allow this). The feature of customizing procedure codes and interventions are a great option. The system is extremely easy to use. The to do list section is great for seeing notes that you may have forgotten to write, to notify you when a treatment plan is due, and to remind you to discharge clients who are no longer active. This is been extremely helpful to keep charts current. The ability to log in from other computers helps for accessing client information in a crisis without needing to go to the office. When I get requests for charts, I can easily download notes to fax or email without problems. The feature of generating client statements helps save a lot of time.

Cons

Being a small practice, I don't have funds for purchasing billing services in addition to the system, so I was disappointed in the billing fee being per submission rather than a flat rate. If a flat rate was offered for billing integration this might be resolved for smaller offices. It would also be helpful to generate customizable letters to clients for reoccuring situations such as discharge notice and missed appointments. There is also no way to generate client numbers within the system, so I currently have to keep a seperate excell document to generate client numbers (i.e. automatically assigning numbers when entering a new client). I also would like to have a billing documents section to scan copies of EOB statements that is seperate from the clinical chart. Current there is not way to integrate credit card processing within the system, but is a possible future feature.

Response from TherapyNotes

Replied October 2012

Thanks for the great feedback. Yes, future planned futures will definitely assist with some of the items you mentioned and you are right that appointment reminders are coming very soon! (FYI, I'm typing this on 10/24/12. If you are from the future, we may already have this feature. Check the web site to find out!)

Diane from Diane M. Hoekstra, PhD, LLC

I switched BACK to TherapyNotes from Simple Practice

See above--willing to change back from other program, even though this is time consuming.

Pros

I left TherapyNotes for Simple Practice 8 months ago--I quickly recognized that I made a mistake as I began to use Simple Practice. Therapy Notes has a number of important advantages/features to note: 1) requiring the clinician to fill out intake and treatment plan before one can write progress notes means you will not drop ethically necessary documentation that is needed for record to be complete; 2) the ability to schedule ongoing appointments without an end date (simple practice only allowed you to schedule 30 appts at a time and on two occasions, an appointment dropped off the schedule and I was not in when a client arrived!!). 3). live support rather than going through submitting an email--A GOOD OLD FASHIONED PERSON WHO CAN ANSWER EVEN THE MOST SIMPLE QUESTIONS MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE! 4). Requiring clinician to review treatment plan every 90 days when one would be likely to forget if you were not prompted. 5). Credit card processing costs less through Therapy Notes. Despite the difficulty of uploading client records back to TherapyNotes, I believe it is worth doing to be back with the better program.

Cons

I would like to be able to access easily on my cell phone and feel an App might make that the most user friendly.

Andrea from Thriveworks

Therapy Notes for Administrative Use

For me personally, and we have four offices filled with providers, Therapy Notes has enough options to fit the majority of our needs. I appreciate the quick support feedback. That's an important feature to me as a manager. I also appreciate their quick updates when there is an issue with the program, which is going to happen in any program one uses. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, they keep all of their users up-to-date in real time. I think Therapy Notes is a really good program and I would recommend it to anyone in this industry.

Pros

The software is pretty easy to use and set it up to what works best for your practice/office. I have trained many people on Therapy Notes since we started using it in February of 2016. The software is intuitive and learning the ins and outs is not too time consuming. I like it much, and I mean MUCH, better than our previous software program.

Cons

There are a few items that we would like to see such as being able to set up a client with more than one provider, and have the software bill insurance for one provider, but allow another provider to be self-pay with no insurance. The other really big item would be to add a comments section on the actual billing page. While we can make comments on the billing settings page, it would make sense to also allow comments on the billing page, where our providers are more likely to look. There are a few tweaks here and there that I'd love to push for, but all in all it's a great program.

Greg from MENTAL HEALTH MATTERS, LLC

Great EHR Product

I highly recommend this software.

Pros

The program is extremely easy to use with a very small learning curve. The automated task list is fantastic. I am able to keep on top of all that I need to do to be successful! Insurance claims and payments are a snap. All you have to do is write the note and click to submit a claim! Treatment planning template is quite useful and easy to populate Notes are organized in a really great format. I am confident I could succeed if ever audited. Customer support is AMAZING and LIVE any time you need them. They are a phone call away!

Cons

I would like a scheduling app that is directly tied to the Notes scheduling calendar. It is annoying to have to open a browser on my smartphone and input a password every time. Some screens are not able to be enlarged and therefore I am not able to schedule with ease. There is no way to create forms online and send them to clients to fill out online. I am currently sending paper, having clients fill them out with pen, and then scanning and uploading. A secure overlay email function (like hushmail?) directly incorporated into the software would be useful. When I click on the client's email address this would automatically open and be so useful and safe. A video conferencing option might be nice, depending on the overall cost.

Susan from Susan B Merrick, LCSW, DCSW, LLC

Therapy Notes is a great product and the Customer Service is OUTSTANDING

Pros

Customer Service; it keeps improving; easy to set up a new client, schedule (free reminders two days before appointments are sent to clients), good templates for intakes, assessments, progress notes, great to do reminder lists, great EDI processing and more.

Cons

I have never been dis-satisfied with how I was treated. I may have not liked the answer :) - but the staff are great. The answers I don't like are when there are features I'd like that they don't have YET, so I have to do work arounds that take time. I would like the ability to BOLD, UNDERLINE and BULLET the text in my notes, better secondary insurance processing, and tele-therapy (currently using DOXY.me) I know they are working on these things, and with the things they aren't, they make a note and send it up the chain of command and tell me how to do the same, so I feel heard and valued.

Reasons for Choosing TherapyNotes

I talked with colleagues who recommended other sites they use - but those sights didn't meet all of my needs/desires or were too cumbersome. So, even though I didn't personally know anyone using Therapy Notes, I decided to try it and during the trial period, I was very pleased. It has been a learning curve for me as my practice grows in size and needs, but totally worth it

Awesome in Every Way!

Therapy Notes is the most Outstanding clinical documentation & billing software system I have ever used. It's "Ease of Use" is exceptional. But during times it may be difficult to solve your problem on your own, TN has a Rapid Customer Service Response Time (typically 24 or less via email), in addition to a vast array of Tutorials to access that are clearly written and easy to follow on just about every topic imaginable. I love having access to a knowledge-based library this comprehensive that I can utilize at times I need to look up a quick procedure I had forgotten or for when I need an answer quicker than it may take for TN to respond (NOTE: I'm referring to an email response!) You do have the option of calling the TN support team and receiving instant customer service from a friendly, patient TN support representative. One thing I love is that in the 4-5 short months I've been using TN, I've had to contact Support for a number of matters, as I am a new, first time practice owner. It's very comforting to be greeted by or responded to by the same set of people on staff to assist me. The consistent low turn over rate says a lot about the management of a company and the staff at TN genuinely make me feel as if they're getting to know me and my company/account personally. Some of the actual features that has made my job easier by switching to Therapy Notes is their multiple drop down menu features for Clinical Interventions, or the History drop down tap, which you can click on during a session with your Client to instantly review their status from their last session. Scheduling is a breeze, Billing is effortless and the Patient Portal is exceptional. The features are endless and I can't rave about it enough. Not to mention, they take ALL suggestions for improvement into consideration and actually respond to those requests with gratitude while providing you feedback on your request. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A SIMPLE, YET THOROUGH AND COMPREHENSIVE SYSTEM DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR THE MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSION, THEN THERAPY NOTES IS THE ONE TO CHOOSE. HANDS DOWN, IT HAS MADE MY JOB SIMPLER AND HAS FREED UP VALUABLE TIME IN MY LIFE THAT I CAN NOW ALLOCATE TO MY FAMILY OR OTHER AREAS OF INTEREST. STOP RESEARCHING NOW! I personally signed up for the 30 day free trial to 5 or 6 different systems simultaneously when trying to make my choice as to which company to use. THERAPY NOTES IS ALL YOU NEED. Enjoy!

Judith from Judith M. Maruca, APRN, Private Practice

Best Product Available for Private Practice

Customer service is by the far the highest quality that I have encountered in many of the providers that as health care practitioners we deal with on a regular basis. The turnaround time is rapid, and I mean rapid. At times it has been within minutes. They are so easily accessible and so courteous and efficeint. If all companies operated with this model, medical offices everywhere would have a lot more smiling faces!!

Pros

This is such a user friendly interface. I am not technologically astute and this software is very easy to learn, it is so logical and straightforward. I love that it saves information enterened in previous sessions, such as MSE, medications, etc. and lows you to edit and adjust for current session rather than re-enter all of the data. There is no redundancy or series of non applicable boxes to check throught that you encounter in other EMR’s.

Cons

I wish there was part of the software that would save past med trials. I enter them in my intial eval, but they do not save and as I try and discontinue medications, I would like them to be saved. I have asked about this and told I can enter them in the area saved for notes on medications, but I would like it to save on med list automatically.

March 2015

Kerrin from Hopetree Counseling Center

March 2015

Great Experience with Therapy Notes

Pros

Therapy Notes has been the best thing we have done for our practice. It has saved time, money and space. I own a group practice and we are able to have multiple clinicians using the system at the same time. TherapyNotes will automatically do the billing with one click once the client information is entered and the note is finished. The notes are extremely user-friendly and easy to use. The notes can definitely be filled out between sessions to maximize your time. There is also no need for bulky file cabinets as all of the client documents can be scanned and entered into the system. It is very user-friendly, even my most technology challenged clinician can use it at ease. Also, the customer service is amazing. You can ask them any question and they will answer it, usually within a few minutes, at most a few hours. I would recommend this product to any clinician who wants to keep his or her sanity and time. Everything is all in one place and life is much more streamlined for sure! This product has literally saved my practice.

Cons

The thing that I like least is that there is no client portal, which means clients cannot log in to schedule appointments or change them. We have our website set up so that clients can book their own appointments and we must use Full Slate to do this, so it means we must constantly go back and forth to the two sites in order to keep our calendar. Other than that, it is great and hopefully they will have the client portal up and running really soon.

Gelsie from Wyndhurst Counseling Center

Industry: Mental Health Care

My general experience with Therapynotes has been good. The program is versatile, efficient and very

This is a very good software that deals with most all of my company's needs in a user-friendly format with very good customer service.

Pros

My pros for Therapynotes are: user-friendly for staff and clinicians; different degrees of accessibility for users as set up by the administrator; most of the office's working can be assess in Therapynotes (such as patient reminders, different levels of accounting, and patient files); good availability to the company for support which has been friendly, knowledgeable, and prompt; easy insurance billing, quick and efficient remit processing, easy entry and manageability of insurance companies, CPT codes, and other billing codes; patient progress notes are in a usable and a nicely tailored format for mental health usage, and diagnoses are generated when you begin to type it in versus having to know the ICD 10 codes.

Cons

My cons are: would like a better querying system or means of searching patient information quickly and easily, sometimes the system runs slowly or seemingly gets bogged down for several hours.

Al from Allen Levy PhD LCSW PC

TherapyNotes.com

Therapy Notes, after I have tried many other versions of therapist practice billing softwares is hands down the number one software billing program in my book. As a PhD psychotherapist in private practice since 1977 in Manhattan and Westport CT and supervisor of private practice clinicians since 1984, I highly recommend Therapy Notes for all your Private Practice Psychotherapist needs!

Pros

Excellent software for billing and staying HIPPAA compliant while doing so. It guarantees that before you bill, all your necessary notes and compliances are in complete order.This software is a must for the Professional Therapist who has a new or established practice, especially if you have been in provate practice for many years already

Cons

It takes a few minutes to fill out the necessary HIPPAA compliant notes before you can bill. This can be burdensome when you are seeing more than 25 patients a week. However, it only takes 5 minutes or less to fill out each standard session note. The initial intake note and treatment plan for a new person you are seeing can take as much as 15 minutes to fill out once you are acquainted with it.

Susan from Dynamic Psychotherapy Associates, LLC

Deal Breaker - PCI Compliance

I learned November and December, by calling support twice, that PCI Compliance was no longer required and to "ignore" the emails I was getting to renew it. In February, when I was warned of a charge pending for lack of compliance, I called Therapy Notes. They then told me it WAS required. They had not notified me (or anyone) of any change but said that the emails that previously told me to ignore WERE notification. They do keep documentation so they can review what I was told and when. The compliance isn't possible from my Apple computer, for reasons that are unclear, and I gather it can't be an ipad either. The compliance process takes up a block of time yearly, and while they offer to help by remotely accessing your desk top, doing so is questionably HIPAA compliant if you keep any client correspondence or notes on it. They say it takes five minutes but that hasn't been the case yet. Simple Practice and some of the other systems do not require all this.

Pros

It is easy to use except what I've written below

Cons

PCI Compliance. Yearly. They say it takes five minutes but it doesn't. Took me 3-4 hours last year. Other software does not require. Service has declined in the last year.

Reasons for Choosing TherapyNotes

uh? my suggestion: don't.

Awesome In Every Way

Mary from Insight Counseling Services

The BEST EMR for Mental Health Practices

I have always had a good experience with any of the support team members that I have interacted with. Therapy Notes is the best "one stop shop" for Mental Health EMR!

Pros

This software is so logical and easy to use. If you have ever tried other mental health EMR programs, you will see just how awesome Therapy Notes is. Everything you need to run a practice in one place.

Cons

I wish it had a integrated check-in so clients could check in via iPad and the therapist would be alerted via text that their next client had arrived.

John from Inkblots Counseling

Always looking out for the provider

Pros

There's a lot to like. Unlike the EHR at my previous agency, TherapyNotes.com speaks actual psychologist lingo and seems to include nothing unnecessary. Lately, they've provided free one-credit continuing education courses about ethics, attachment, mindfulness, and other relevant topics. I queried whether they could seek APA-accreditation for the CEU's (in addition to the already-in-place NBCC-accreditation) in order to meet my state's requirements, and customer service replied that they *already* have an application submitted with APA. I've requested that with other CEU providers in the past and have gotten a negative response...so I'm especially thankful for TherapyNotes.com!

Cons

Over the last two years, there are a few tweaks I have suggested to customer service for the program to better meet my needs (and probably the needs of many others) in terms of functionality. I haven't seen any of my suggestions implemented yet.

Practice Management Made Easy

Using TherapyNotes.com allows me to confidently run my business, especially since I handle billing, scheduling, and documentation, in addition to providing the service. Thanks TherapyNotes!

Pros

I most appreciate the organization the software provides. From running revenue reports to scheduling patient appointments, it keeps my time on the computer minimal and efficient. Customer Support has also been helpful on a number of occasions when I've called in to ask questions or get directions on performing a specific task.

Cons

In the two plus years I've been using TherapyNotes, the system has shut down a total of two times (that I can remember). Even though it was inconvenient at the time, I was impressed with the communication from the company to its users and their efforts to get things back up and running. This is why I decided to continue using the software. Their response to system glitches (which are extremely rare) is prompt and always involves an email or message from their Facebook page.

Overall TherapyNotes is a great program for solo and small providers who are needing a EHR program.

Pros

TherapyNotes is a great program for small providers who are needing to move to EHR/EMD. The interface is easy to follow, and the support team is easy to work with and great in resolving issues. I have recommended this platform to numerous peers and colleagues in the Mental Health Counseling or Psychotherapy fields.

Cons

Things I wish it had, like some of the larger software programs are: 1. Dashboard view for Supervisors and Administrators to notify them of any documentation that may be nearing required time frames for submission, and of any upcoming treatment plans, etc. 2. The ability to modify documentation templates to meet the specific need of the provider. 3. The ability to have billing modifiers automatically generate with a service claim, as currently you have to enter these prior to billing for each claim being submitted. In my small Outpatient practice, all users have a "HO" modifier that has to be added to every service claim. It would be nice if the TherapyNotes program implemented a process that would generate that code based on the professional providing the service. These three items are personal "wants", but considering the cost and ease of use, they are minor compared to the great product that is being delivered by TherapyNotes.

Maureen from Dr. Maureen RS Creal, PLLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this program!

Pros

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this program! It definitely is worth the money, it cost me for 1/month less than what I would have to pay someone for 2 days to do what this program does for my practice. Scheduling, cancel, reschedule, request appointment, billing, ERA process, verify eligibility, text and email reminders, templates for all note taking requirements, and it organizes each clients file, sends reminders to the clinicians to keep up to date notes and any out dated material. The list goes on.... Most importantly, when ever I was lost or confused by a feature/tech issue, the tech support is quick and knowledgable. They are always so helpful! This program has streamlined my practice, I am a single owner in private practice and I do not have a need for receptionist or a biller! Get this today!!!!

Cons

I do not have any cons to report, the program has been awesome

Ugochi from Center for Anxiety Relief and Education, PLLC

# One Go-To

I’d been holding off on reviewing Therapy Notes for nearly 2 years now because I’ve had this feeling that the moment I do, i’d jinx it. The truth is that I have not had a single bad experience with Therapy Notes since I got started. They have been so considerate. They understood that I although I needed a quality method of writing my notes, scheduling and submitting claims, I was also starting out - setting up my practice in a new city; and they took that into consideration in their pricing. Prior to Therapy Notes, I did my notes myself. Can I just say, it was HECTIC and time consuming. Now, note-taking and scheduling as well as submitting claims, are a breeze. Therapy Notes has surely made my work easier - to say the least. Special shout out to team. It’s simply awesome! Very kind, patient and polite, never failed me and I bet she never will. Therapy Notes...KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK and HR...keep hiring awesome workers.

Pros

Creating progress notes (option to select from history) Submitting claims Scheduling and email reminders To many to list!

Cons

Nothing. Why do I have to put something down if I have nothing bad to say?

An excellent system for any therapist

Excellent overall experience and I recommend TherapyNotes to any therapist I talk to. So comforting to have a system customized for therapists that helps make record keeping, documentation, and admin responsibilities run smoothly so we can focus on client-care. I have worked in other organizations that didn't have a system like TherapyNotes and it was a nightmare keeping up on notes and billing.

Pros

Ease of scheduling and billing. Very knowledgeable and responsive customer support. The format of the psychotherapy progress note is excellent and has passed insurance audits with flying colors. It provides a great amount of safe-guards to help minimize documentation and billing errors. The amount of features offered for the price is outstanding in my opinion.

Cons

Very few cons I can think of aside from maybe a bit more flexibility with editing. For example, if I realize I made a spelling or grammatical error on a note after I've signed it this can pose a challenge in terms of going back and editing.

Suzi from Suzanne Anthony, Ph.D.

The transition from paper record keeping to TherapyNotes was smooth and easier than expected!

Moving from a paper system to an electronic record keeping system. Increased efficiency in my record keeping.

Pros

I can't say enough great things about TherapyNotes, LLC. I am a licensed psychologist who has been in private practice for 10 years. I switched from a paper system to TherapyNotes about two years ago. At first I was worried that the adjustment would be rough on an "old-schooler" like me, but the transition was smooth and I found the platform very user friendly. I love that TherapyNotes integrates my calendar, to-do list, notes and billing - it helps me to keep organized and on top of my practice. The progress note template provided is quick and easy to complete yet thorough. If you're looking to change to an electronic record keeping system, I would highly recommend TherapyNotes, LLC.

Cons

I honestly like everything about this program. If there was something I had to complain about, it would be that I don't know how to use all the features of this program; specifically the billing features and the client portal. That is not the programs fault though...that is a user error:)

nancy from Nanc Schleich Counseing

Industry: Mental Health Care

Computer (and math) impaired therapist finally found practice program I love!

I have cleaned up my backlog of insurance claims, am current and sleep better at night. I am so glad to have found this program after 10 years of attempting to use others, spending hours and hours trying to figure out what I did wrong and how to correct it with them. They were time consuming instead of time saving TherapyNotes is time saving. These guys seem to have thought of pretty much everything and seem to understand what therapists need. I was able to do everything I wanted to do with the program the first day, it was extremely easy to figure out, and I am a slow learner THANKS!!

Pros

It makes sense. They have a ledger with session charge, what patient paid what patient's balance is, what insurance should pay, what it did pay, what's outstanding all laid out together in a line. I tried Simple Practice and Theranest and quickbooks and could never figure out what everyone's balances were, now it's right there. Such a time saver. Submitting and tracking insurance payments is just a click, great. They understand that therapists do groups, and have a pretty good system for tracking notes and payments, could use a little work there. Scheduling is clear and easy. Getting around is clear and easy. Correcting errors is a breeze! I neeed that a LOT! Tech support is wonderful (OK they do get that very kind tone in their voice but everyone always uses that tone when they talk to me about computers.)

Cons

The damn blue type face! What is it with practice programs using this hard-to-read font? I have a visual limitation and it's difficult to see. Also don't like it that they won't let me take things off my "to do list" until I do them. thanks mom!

Gail from Brookdell & Beck Counseling Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

TherapyNotes is a must have for your EHR software

one business problem that I am solving with therapy notes is eliminating the fear of billing. With therapynotes, there is no concern what so ever when I am billing. once notes are in. Billing is a breeze.

Pros

I highly recommend TherapyNotes as your source of EHR. It is an intuitive software that is dependable. Tech support is great. They are patience and walk their customers through challenges. If you call during after hours and leave a message, tech support return your call immediately during their business hours. The software is amazingly easy to operate. Billing is amazing. Just a click of the button. I like everything about Therapy Notes. Their credit card payment system for my clients are first class. This makes accepting payment quick and easy.

Cons

If I could change anything about the software, I would change the information on the intake application. It needs to be a little more comprehensive when gathering information from the client about their history.

Reasons for Choosing TherapyNotes

It is affordable for small companies. I work at two larger agencies that use enotes usa and on target. However, I enjoy using Therapynotes much better than the other sofeware. Therapynotes is number 1 in my book.

Joanne from Acuity Counseling

Industry: Mental Health Care

Potential but needs a couple features.

Overall, I give it a B+ with potential to be an A. It just seems to be a little bit behind in updating to the latest technology.

Pros

The software is pretty easy to use, although I already had background in a similar software. It may be more difficult starting from scratch. I really like the library feature; it's so nice to be able to access documents within the program. Saves me a lot of time! I like the reminders that pop up on my to do list, so I don't forget to update a treatment plan or contact a client who hasn't seen me in awhile. It's one less thing I have to worry about.

Cons

I have 2 complaints having used one of TherapyNotes competitors at my previous practice. One, I miss having an app on my phone. Yes, I can have a "link" to the website, but it's clunky, and the view doesn't work well. And, two, I miss being able to see protected views of my colleagues' calendars. Trying to coordinate meetings/consultations is difficult. It's the biggest complaint in our office about the software.

Annie from Wilson Wellness

Industry: Mental Health Care

Makes a small practice possible!

I've been using TherapyNotes for a year. The improvements over time make the program easier to use, which only improves my satisfaction. With the note taking template I find my practice to be more goal oriented, as opposed to "problem du jour," and the ability to print out professional looking Intake Evals, notes and billing records provides very professional looking communication. I was skeptical that I had the brain to do billing, but the features of this program are intuitive and the phone support is so patient and knowledgeable, that even I can pull this off without hiring a biller. The price is quite reasonable. I was paying a lease fee that was a quarter to a third of what I was making at a group practice. The text message reminders are effective and scheduling portal saves me time on the phone. I have only had one person miss an appointment. TherapyNotes allows me to practice in a rural, underserved population without having a long commute to make my living. I feel a sense of satisfaction every time I use it. It's almost like having your own staff in a tablet! I use an iPad and a jet pack. I have a laptop for downloading the Electronic Funds Transactions that are not yet automatic. The service is reliable. It's never not come through and the system always responds.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

You really should have some basic education in billing. It won't take much time, but knowing basic terms and the limits of billing codes is important .

Starlene from Wyndhurst Counseling Center

User friendly plenty of options for our office setting. Great customer service they are very helpful

Pros

The system is easy to learn. They have great options such as the automatic reminder system this helps cut down on individual calling. The new patient portal option seems to be helpful.

Cons

The system does not have a option to print multiples schedules at one time. We have 15 therapist and we have to print their schedules individually. Therapist do not have the option to see their billing totals to keep track. When using the portal you still have to call, schedule, and send paperwork.

Response from TherapyNotes

Replied April 2018

Thanks for the 9/10 review, Starlene! Perhaps you can avoid printing schedules at all by using the calendar sync feature so that clinicians can see their schedules on their smart phones? There is a setting to give therapists limited billing access so they can see their billing totals. We are working on more portal improvements, as you know, so a lot more is coming! Please call or email support if you want to follow up on any of these items. Thanks again!

Allen from Allen Levy, PhD, LCSW, PC

I love the support and the professional quality of Therapy Notes.

Greatest efficiency of appointment scheduling and billing as well as accurate documentation of all therapy sessions

Pros

I love the support and the professional quality of Therapy Notes. I have tried most of the programs for therapist billing and practice out there today and Therapy Notes stands head and shoulders above the rest. Having been in practice for 40 years now, I hope to be able to continue for the next few decades with Therapy Notes as my professional companion.

Cons

THe software demands that you write a session note before submitting any sessions for payment from insurance companies and patients. However, this insures that the therapist is doing everyhting legally since session billing, according to all state licensure regulations, can only be billed following documentation of the session.

Cheryl from Therapeutic Village, LLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Extremely comprehensive and easy to use

After this recent malware attack, they will be stronger and better prepared than most companies out there providing Electronic Medical Records.

Pros

The product is extremely well written, with all the functionality that you need in a private practice or a group practice. It is also extremely easy to use. Customer service is excellent all well. It was written by a group of experienced software engineers, and the main developer/owner is married to a psychologist! This is probably one of the reasons it is so comprehensive, they both are experts in the respective fields and know what was needed at the onset.

Cons

There are a couple of features I would like to see added, and they have taken my suggestions and they are functions they have considered adding in the future, which is nice to know.

Michele from Steadfast Heart Counseling LLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Easy to learn and use, and best customer support I've ever experienced!

Pros

I have been thoroughly impressed with TherapyNotes. I've used several other EHRs in my time and TherapyNotes is by far the most user-friendly and intuitive. The layout and design is bright and organized. Almost any portion of the process can be integrated: notes, credit card billing, accounting, seamless submission to insurance companies, ERAs, patient portal, and more. The templates for notes are detailed and helpful--I feel extremely prepared if I am ever audited. And the price is very competitive with other EHRs. The customer support experience alone is worth the entire price of the subscription! As a new user, I have reached out several times and always receive a courteous and helpful reply within an hour or two. Purchasing TherapyNotes has made my transition to private practice seamless and stress-free!

Cons

There's very little to dislike about TherapyNotes. My biggest suggestion for the developers would be to include the ability to create integrated digital documents for clients to fill out within the patient portal. I run a paperless practice and right now I send PDFs or Word documents that the clients fill out, then upload back in. It would be great for clients to have the ability to fill in custom text boxes right in the portal. I have sent this suggestion to the support team and they responded quickly and positively... another thing to love about TN!

Sharon S. from Abounding Hope Counseling Services, PLLC

Awesome practice management

Keeps my notes, claim submissions organized and efficient. The fee is so much less than what you would pay to have an actual person doing this for you. Time commitment is minimal and new products/services are always in process. TN really keeps up with the current needs of private practice clinicians. Thumbs up!!

Pros

There is nothing that it doesn't do, well accept some telemental health stuff, but even that they are working on. Anything we need, they are there to help and if they can't (hardly ever!) they look into it and before you know it, there's a new added feature to TN! For us part timers, they adjust the monthly fee, which is so helpful. I have been so happy with this help for my private practice!

Cons

No telemental health platform provided to online therapists yet.

stephen from thriveworks

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great EMR for private practice mental health

Overall, this is a great product. Customer support is second to none, I'd recommend this solution to any private practice owner.

Pros

This EMR is as user-friendly as they come. Set up and integration are quite simple, scheduling is a breeze, and EDI claim submission requires little more than a click of the mouse. If you own a small to medium sized counseling practice, I highly recommend this product. TherapyNotes is a no-frills, cost effective solution for any practice owner looking to simplify scheduling and billing functions.

Cons

What Therapy Notes offers in ease of use, it equally lacks in reporting and analytics. If you are looking for detailed metrics at your finger tips, this is not the EMR for you. I will add that the Excel-savvy user can render useful data from TherapyNotes, but it does require a significant amount of manipulation if you wish to gain deeper insights into your practice.

Heidi from Mental health

Great work tool!

Pros

I got to know Therapy Notes a few years ago and ever since I started using it I have not stopped, this has become my preferred software for work, especially that I am in the mental health field. Therapy Notes is an essential tool which is composed of various features such as billing, scheduling, and management of client notes and records, things that are very important when working with clients. In here we could find anything and everything we need. I highly recommend it! Everything stays organized within one place as opposed to having tons of confidential papers and documents laying everywhere.

Cons

I highly use it for my profession and have not found any negatives

June 2012

Betty J. from Jordan West Family Counseling

June 2012

Betty J. Owen, LCSW, Clinical Director

I recommend this program to everyone small or large agencies. It meets and surpasses all expectations for a documentation program. The interfacing is clean and efficient. Scheduler is a breeze. Record keeping is amazing. When I meet with other organizations I suggest they take a look at this wonderful and timely program. Our State Licensing Auditor reported it was her easiest audit due to the ease in navigation of Therapy Notes. The only suggestion she has is for us to have a clinician section where all license, insurance, etc. could be accessible while auditing each clinician. Even the State Auditor loves Therapy Notes.

Pros

We love your program. It has resulted in the biggest change in our office for the past ten years. I love the document uploads and its ease of use. Jordan West researched and reviewed many software programs before being introduced to therapy notes. It has resulted Simplification in our practice Decreased paperwork. We scan and drop all documentation into each client file reducing the need to handle client files. We have gone nearly paperless due to therapy notes. It is easy to navigate. Ease of auditing clinician files have improved record keeping. It was a nightmare each month to complete audits on client files. Time and energy saving. Documentation may be completed at home or at the office Training requirements are minimal. HIPAA standards are in place which allows clinicians to have confidence in documentation. Great Support Staff.

Cons

Lack of call reminder feature Payroll feature per session rather than by revenue Clinician information section

Response from TherapyNotes

Replied June 2012

Thanks for the glowing review! I'm happy to report that we are actively working on an appointment reminder system!

Anthony from Anthony Zamudio, Ph.D.

Time saving

Pros

Easy to use the very first time; doesn't require a lot of software knowledge I really love the program because their technical support is very helpful especially with helping me figure out billing procedures. One service representative gave me additional advice on what to include with mailing billing to major insurance company to get reimbursed (he went beyond what other software companies have provided me in the past)

Cons

Need to include Objectives in progress notes; sometime don't want to include but maybe they'd help if i were audited. If TherapyNotes would provided additional references on building and creating Objectives, I'd be willing to pay additional fees.

Bunny from Medical & Health

Industry: Mental Health Care

Couldn't be more satisfied!

I love TN because I can do all of my documentation and billing at the end of each visit. I don't need a clerical staff, billing service or an exchange service. I can be a one person business and spend my time on my work with patients. Also, the Technical Help staff if really knowledgeable re: billing, coding, documentation etc. and have been able to get me through even the most gnarly issues.

Pros

It is easy to use, keeps me on track and when my docs are reviewed by the insurance companies they have never made suggestions about how I could improve my documentation or that I am missing something important like timely tx plans, interventions etc.

Cons

Sometimes the spell check dictionary needs to be edited for people adding misspelled words.