All Vagaro Reviews

Axel

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2022

It's great but unnecessary

It's awesome really really awesome but like I said is not necessary for small companys, maybe if you grow up in the future it is a better idea. Is your decision.

PROS

It's a good option for organize all the company schedule, there are so many functions for all, anyone can use this and is not necessary to know about this software, is so intuitive.

CONS

I really thing that is unnecessary beacuse you can do a lot of this things in other app for free, but some functions are only in this app that made it better. If you don't have the money for pay this, I really recommend use your phone calendar or something like that.

free

It's free

Hello Axel. We appreciate the review. We'll definitely take your feedback into consideration.

Replied August 2022

Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

As a small business Owner, Smart choice to deal daily activities.

As a small business owner, Vagaro is really helpful. By using the Vagaro app, users can easily appoint the service. On my end, its very easy to set , and learn the basics, such as scheduling auto reminders and emails for customers. It has the option to identify roles like owner, sales customer service bookkeeper, etc., so I can easily divide tasks.

PROS

Simple to configure and set up; proper guidelines are available for that As a small business owner, it is difficult to handle all the responsibilities associated with running a business. Vagaro really helps me to divide tasks and set automated reminders and emails. Payment options also secure here.

CONS

Paying the swipe fee for every credit card transaction is kind of a headache for me. It's a good option to take a one-time payment, like in this situation.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Pricing is fact here, I got vagaro as cheaper than Booker, plus have better customer care service.

Katrina

Cosmetics, 1 employee

So easy to use!

PROS

I love how easy Vagaro is to use. I have been using it for over 6 years now in my studio salon and I absolutely love all of the available features. I also love how easy it is to customize everything for my business and how easy it is to make changes on the go.

CONS

I don't like that there is not a feature to book particular services on select days but I did submit feedback about that and I received an email that it is being worked on!

Hestin

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Unreliable Software with Limited Support

I was so excited to use this program, but the lack of customer support and the basic functionality of their features make this a subpar product. Considering Mangomint and Fresha.

PROS

Initially, I thought this was going to be our all in one software. I looked at about 15 alternates and decided to choose Vagaro, despite it being a bit slower to operate than others, a clunky UI, and some missing features. Overall, I thought it had what I needed.

CONS

Where do I start..? I’m going to cover their main issue. The application is extremely unreliable and I cannot trust this application at all. I am very good with technology and report analysis. I have pulled various reports out of Vagaro that reflect completely inaccurate information, including their payroll reports. The gross pay amounts change each time you refresh the page - not kidding. My commissioned employees clock in and out and their hours are not reflected on the payroll report, causing state taxes to be underpaid and putting my business at risk. Don’t bother reaching out to customer support because they will shrug it off as a non-issue and claim you are operating things incorrectly. They’ll tell you that a feature request will be submitted on your behalf. Falls on deaf ears. Unreal. UI - The application frequently freezes up, screens lock you into a window, forcing you to refresh the page, losing all information contained. Setup - limited capabilities here so this will work fine if you are a basic salon. If you have any intricacies at all, don’t bother.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

All in one - I thought. Cost was competitive as well.

Thank you for your candid feedback. Our team is actively working with you to resolve these issues. We take your concerns about the payroll reports, employee hours, and overall reliability seriously and are committed to finding a solution. We understand the impact this has on your business and are dedicated to addressing and resolving these problems. If you have any additional questions, please reach out to us. We're here to support you and ensure your business operations run smoothly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We value your feedback and are committed to making this matter right.

Replied May 2024

Colette

Cosmetics, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Great for Salons

It's really been a great tool. It really does what I need it to do and they are adding to it every day it seems trying to make it better.

PROS

Really like that I can have a different room for each service and it is easy to use

CONS

Don't like that there are not better notifications for waitlist. Don't like how weird it is to find our Merchant details each month. The look of it could just be better somehow.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

Square could not seperate by room so I couldn't use it. MindBody was just expensive and a ton of reports that I didn't need

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

I needed to be able to have multiple people working in multiple rooms

Amber

Performing Arts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

great management tool

my overall experience has been great since using it for calendar purposes

PROS

it's a great management tool for small businesses who needs to keep track of customers and sales

CONS

the least i like about it is the adding of employees should be made simpler

Agatha

Machinery, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

A Great Tool For Payment Processing

PROS

It makes payment processing easy and also features great scheduling features

CONS

My experience with Vagaro has been amazing.

Orlando

Alternative Medicine, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Great for scheduling massages

Good experience an easily manageable calendar. I like the text received after i get an appointment. The calendar sync is slow but i do really like the calendar.

PROS

It has many features that i use and have a relative ease with.

CONS

It maybe the browser but sometimes buttons or features don’t work and stall out.

Harmony

Performing Arts, 1 employee

This thing rocks.

PROS

I love that Vagaro is available to my clients through any device that connects to the internet. They have a series of education videos right in the back office you can access on any page! So nice.

CONS

I would probably change the way people can pay on Vagaro in that I would like to be able to add my digital business accounts for people to pay such as Venmo, PayPal etc.

1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Scheduling made easy

PROS

I like that I am able to keep track of all my service providers and that I am able to schedule and or change appointments when needed and its so easy.

CONS

I dislike the function of when trying to schedule and if you hit back it sends you to the very beginning rather then back to where you were at.

Cassandra

Reviewed February 2020

Easy to use / lacking functionality

I used Vagaro for a couple years but got rid of it because of how often their site would crash or freeze. I gave it another try after years with a desktop software because I was looking for a cloud based booking company . It was catostrophic to my salon . They didn’t transfer most of what was promised ( that I paid for) . I spend 3 days transferring all of my own things ( services products etc) then when I ran my payroll was all calculated wrong by hundreds of dollars . No one could tell me why . If is impossible to get a hold of anyone to speak to when you need help and when how do finally they act like they could care less. The functionality and detail just is not there ,

PROS

It was very easy to use and figure out without and specific training . I also like the online booking features and website they give you.

CONS

There is no ability to void any transaction when a mistake is made . Also their customer service is awful . Also I was led to believe they had a time clock when in actuality their do not unless you make an additional purchase of cards and a swipe machine .

Reason for choosing Vagaro

I did not choose it. I ended up using a cloud based version of salon iris .

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

I was looking for a cloud based booking system as opposed to a software one

Molly

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Is Varago is good for your company?

With Vagaro the purpose was always selling time. FIlling up the white space on the calendar with clients and making sure you did that as efficiently and productively each day as possible in order to create growth and profit for the company. Vagaro is a tool in which you are able to do that. But for bigger salons that need more details, reports, numbers, it does fall bit a short.

PROS

I liked that this system was super simple and straight forward. It is very easy to switch over to Vagaro from another company which is what we did. The ease of use is definitely a plus but it also was a reason why we left. It was not very detailed on other aspects that we needed more options and attention on.

CONS

I love a software company that has a well developed app for it's salon users. This is important for the team because they use this every hour to see and check their schedules. I think also the reports should have been more detailed and intricate but they may have improved that at this time. I don't think anything was difficult to use but because of it's ease of use, it meant that the software didn't really allow for as much information and details as we needed at the time to run a salon aiming towards growth. Things were hard to find or figure out because it wasn't provided in the reports or we had to add other features from outside companies to make up for lacking features.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

I ended up choosing Vagaro originally because I thought the ease of use was a huge selling point. However, we ended up switching over to Boulevard in the end.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

We were looking to find the right fit for our needs so that we could hit our growth and potential goals.

Thank you for the feedback, we love to hear that our software is easy to use. We recently released updates to our reports section based on the feedback that businesses were looking for more intricate data. You can check what other features we are currently working on here: https://feedback.vagaro.com/forums/915991-feature-requests

Replied October 2022

Mohammad

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Vagaro is the market place for the services you look for.

One of the great market places I have seen and dealt with. The support is really great when you have a complain.

PROS

Lots of services are available in one place, the options are great, cost is very low, you get lots of discounts, interfaces are great.

CONS

You might experience slowness in Vagaro at times and this is not due to internet. it could be because of the servers but this is rate to happen.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

Both systems did not have the requirements, not easy to learn how to go around, calendars do not sync. easily.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Vagaro membership cost is much better, the support is better and it has more services.

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Great scheduling software that is constantly getting better.

I have really enjoyed using Vagaro, it seems like whenever I am thinking of something I would love to have the ability to do Vagaro has either just rolled it out or rolls it out a couple of weeks later. Their dedication to constant improvement has made using Vagaro really great. I also love how easy it is to use day to day. My receptionists and I have used other software for scheduling and it was usually a mess, having everything clean, simple, and easy to use has made my day to day work life much easier.

PROS

There are so many things that I really love about Vagaro. I looked at a lot of different scheduling systems before deciding on Vagaro. The others that I looked at were either too bulky and complicated or were too simple and lacked key features. Vagaro strikes a great balance of being full-featured while keeping things simple, intuitive, and easy to use.

CONS

I wish there was a better way to add upgrades to services instead of having to add an upgrade as a separate service. I think this would make things easier for massage services which often have upgrades that are added onto the regular service.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

Vagaro had the features and functionality that I needed in a clean easy to use format. Price was a big factor as well. Vagaro provides great value for the price. Great entry-level pricing that lets you get started and expand as you need.

Kyesolyn

Reviewed January 2020

My Search For Software Is Finally Over

Using Vagaro I've found that it puts me at ease and I no longer stress about confirmations, keeping up with clients schedule for services, I am able to get deposits, clients can book themselves according to the availability that have, I can offer specials/discounts and know that they are not only sent to clients but announced on the site. Using Vagaro has definitely help making marketing much easier.

PROS

The Vagaro Software is very easy to use and has a video tutorial option for anything you aren't sure about as well as customer service persons on hand. After reviewing and researching multiple programs I decided to give Vagaro a try because they have excellent reviews, extensive options for all areas of business that allows for growth, reports to follow sales patterns, customization for services and sales, free software for credit card charges when you sign up for services and so much more. Best of all, it won't break the bank and they continuously offer suggestions on how to increase sales and bring in more clients.

CONS

There aren't really any cons that I haven't been able to get help with via tutorial videos. If anything, there are so many options that I haven't learned everything the system can do after nearly 6 months. I feel like the system lags sometimes, but I cannot say for sure if it's the system or my connections.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

Ease of scheduling, rescheduling, canceling without having to contact us, ability to customize the system for my business, flexibility in booking, adding and removing services, ease of payment processing and collection of deposit for services.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Easier and more creative marketing options, expansion options, better value

Hi Kyesolyn, thank you so much for your kind feedback. We greatly appreciate it and are so happy to have you as a Business on Vagaro!

Replied February 2020

Cristene A

Reviewed May 2020

Best fit for a diverse business with an unbeatable price.

Overall my experience has been Wonderful. I seem to find more ways to expand, streamilne and save time every time I log in.

PROS

Vagaro has such wonderful functionality, its very user friendly, and the updates and offerings that were implemented to serve users during the pandemic have been absolutely outstanding. The multi use calendar has been a very valuable asset to myself and staff and the combined inventory tracking, checkout features, and marketing tools have streamlined my business. Using Vagaro has saved me time, frustration and has increased our professional presence in our community. One of the the best features is the unbeatable price. I haven't found any platform that has satisfied our needs as diverse Holistic Wellness Center with room to grow.

CONS

I wish I could print my address list to a label so I can send old fashioned b-day cards. When I create my marketing blasts the finger scroll jumps very quickly leaving the user to have to manually us the scroll to the right. Very minimal issues to even speak about.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

User friendly, cost, and functionality. Vagaro seems like it has heart, and really cares about helping the user/business organize, streamline and grow.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Mostly cost, but I didn't need the specific features I was paying for, and it was difficult to learn the program

Hi Cristene, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Replied June 2020