All WebPT Reviews

Clifford

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed September 2023

Smart Way to Start Physical Therapy!

Kerry

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Great cloud-based documentation system, but there are some bugs.

PROS

WebPT was easy to learn to use and easier to start actually documenting patient care on. Scheduling is helpful and being able to access the patient's chart through the schedule itself is great.

CONS

The schedule really needs to have a tracking feature, where you can tell what date/time the appointment was scheduled, checked in, etc; and there needs to be a rescheduling feature instead of just "cancel" or "delete". Also, there is a field where you can enter a Return to Dr. date, when the patient returns to see their referring provider, but the field resets itself randomly and does not keep the date in place. I have contacted customer service multiple times about this and their suggestions are not helpful and have not solved the problem.

Reason for choosing WebPT

WebPT was easier to learn and easier to navigate

Reasons for switching to WebPT

The version of ReDoc we were using was not cloud-based, it was a software download; that version was being discontinued so we had to change either to Redoc cloud or another cloud-based system.

Ashley

Reviewed March 2019

User-Friendly Scheduling Software!

Great experience overall. I have worked with WebPT for 5 years and only had an issue once on a Saturday when they were doing maintenance.

PROS

Scheduling patients is easy! I love the reports feature. You can view daily reports of patient payments, authorization reports, daily payments reports, etc. My parent's physical therapy practice has been using this software since 2012, where we have gone completely paperless! Everything is done on the computer. From the time the patient schedules the first visit, to the physical therapist writing the examination report/note, to the physical therapist aide viewing flowsheets (patient's exercise programs). It is especially easy for admin/aide/PT opening and closing procedures because of all the reports to view. In the morning we can view the schedule for the day, authorizations expiring, and make changes as necessary by dragging appointments. You can also view multiple therapist schedule's at once, if there are more than one therapist working at the practice. There is color coding in the scheduling feature for different therapies or to use internally, i.e., red = new patient; therapist needs to spend 1 hour with this patient or purple = child patient or orange = balance issues. On the schedule, I can quickly and easily see my day, by noticing how many new patients there are with the color coding, or let the PT know what type of patients are coming later in the day. At the end of the night, I can download total patient payments for the day and send to my manager via secure fax. This makes collecting and recording payments easy, and reduces the risk of missing payments.

CONS

Adding patients is a pain! When adding a new patient, you have to fill out ALL the information or else the patient is not saved. This is horrible while working because often times I'd be dealing with a new patient over the phone, a patient in person that wants to pay a copay, and the phone ringing on another line. While all this is happening, it would be great if I could "save my work" and go back to it later. If WebPT is worried that patients won't be added properly, then they can set up an annoying notifications system to let me know I need to finish my work. However, if a patient is not set up properly, the practice can't bill the insurance company and then we don't get paid--so trust me: we will fill out the information properly!!

Mike

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Bad decision

After the sale and contract signing, it has been poor. From failure to bill services for over 4 more months to failure to send accurate charges to our credit card to continual changes in personnel and poor communication between billing and customer service. I am very disappointed and now owe for months of service due to WebPT’s inability to maintain our account and payment method.

PROS

EMR- notes are relatively easy to create REACH is very helpful with keeping contact with patients and former pts

CONS

The components of WebPT do not communicate- EMR and billing. The billing program follows no standard accounting processes.

Reason for choosing WebPT

It looked good from afar and with salespeople. That did not turn out to be the case.

Reasons for switching to WebPT

Medigraph no longer supported its program and was becoming obsolete.

Stephanie

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed April 2016

WEBPT IS THE ONLY CHOICE FOR PHYSICAL THERAPY ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS!

Currently, we utilize WEBPT in a very busy outpatient physical therapy clinic. When we started looking for EMR software a few years ago, we saw that there were very few Physical Therapy choices available that incorporated everything we were looking for in an EMR. It is very user-friendly, even for the technically challenged users in our clinic. One of the more important aspects of WEBPT is the efficient way we are kept compliant with all things Medicare! When Medicare requirements change, WEBPT will implement those changes well in advance of the start date, along with the necessary training. This ensures that clinics are comfortable with the changes and aren't scrambling at the last minute, wondering if their claims will get paid, or if their documentation is on point. I cannot stress how much we are pleased with WEBPT. It is THE ONLY CHOICE for Rehab Professionals!!

PROS

Ease of Use Efficiency with Front Office Package Documentation is very straight forward Customer Service Reps Compliance with Insurance Changes Schedule is easy to use and read

CONS

Fewer clicks between tabs

R. Chris

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Web PT

This has streamlined and made our documentation complete and compliant.

PROS

Good compliant software that meets the needs of our company.

CONS

There are some things that need to be fixed that have been slow in resolving.

Joe

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2019

WebPT review

- great way to stay organized w/ schedule, notes, and billing.

PROS

- compatability w/ billing is great for keeping everything synced.

CONS

- no app for phone. this would be helpful for viewing schedules remotely

Molly

Reviewed February 2024

Warning about WebPT!

PROS

The scheduling feature and automatic reminder texts/emails.

CONS

The connection between their partner software (Theraplatform) often omit superbills, so unless you're comparing them both daily, you won't end up submitting all of your claims. This results in missing revenue. When you try to switch clearinghouse companies, they turn off your connection to the original clearinghouse prematurely and piecemeal tasks you need to do before they will start a new connection. This results in very delayed revenue. They are very slow to respond while you sit around and wait for a connection to be made.

Reasons for switching to WebPT

We believed that the documentation portion of WebPT would be better.

Jefferson

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

An EMR riddled with bugs and the worst customer service experience ever

On a scale of 0-10, I would give it a 1/10.

PROS

Its user interface was fairly easy to use.

CONS

The customer service experience was the area of greatest frustration. They have an on-line chat option that is really only useful for answering frequently asked technical questions. Where there is a major problem with a customers account, they have no authority or power to help correct the situation. When you call and get one of their "member services" rep, it's the same experience. My issue had to do with my transition from WebPT to Prompt. I had been a long time WebPT customer. As I grew and needed functionality out of WebPT that they did not offer, I began looking around for other EMR companies. After settling on Prompt I immediately informed my client success manager that my plan for transitioning from WebPT to Prompt. I informed him that I would remove all but 1 therapist license from WebPT and Therabill so I could continue to work my accounts receivable. This notification came 6 weeks prior to when I needed the change to take place. On [sensitive content hidden] I was over charged by $7,000. I called immediately and requested a refund. I was told I could not speak with anyone from accounting at that time and that a member services rep would reach out to me. I continued to call and email over the next 4 weeks and didn't get my refund. Finally, after reaching out to [sensitive content hidden] on LinkedIn I was connected with someone that helped me get my refund. Now on a separate issue I am experiencing the same run a round. Beyond their horrible customer services, they have some serious flaws in their software. Their reporting and KPI features are seriously flawed and give in accurate information. Their POC report is seriously flawed. Therabill's billing reports are lacking sophistication and basic functions of a billing software. I used their "Reach" software for years for their google review generator and had minimal success. In 1 month with Prompt I have gotten more review on google than I did in years with WebPT. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH WEBPT.

Kelli

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

WebPT User

PROS

It is relatively easy to learn and train new employees on

CONS

It is difficult to change anything or go back to fix anything without administrative access. Thus there are a lot of addendums and emails that happen before things are fixed.

Kara

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2020

WebPT was the perfect office tool

Overall, WebPT was the perfect software for our outpatient office.

PROS

WebPT worked perfectly for our outpatient office; it gave us an easy method of scheduling and maintains patient charts.

CONS

There were truly no cons with this software; a few times the system was down but other than that it came back rather quickly.

Ajay

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Don't use it!! Frequent outages. Poor communication when things are not working.

Poor. You loose a lot of productivity due to frequent outages.

PROS

It works like any other EMR. nothing special.

CONS

Frequent outages. No or poor communication during outage. Everything is an add on. Expensive for what they offer. On average 300+ per clinician.

Reason for choosing WebPT

Web based so we would not have to manage a server in house. But this is a norm now so not a big deal.

Sam

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2019

Maybe I'm just unlucky

PROS

It is nice to look at, visually appealing and seems to have a lot of features that could make for an excellent platform but as a single clinician practice, it has been nothing but headaches since I started about 7 months ago. It was easy to use since I used it at a previous clinic. This would be a review for both webpt and therabill. I think they got to the party early and have excellent marketing, however there have been so many issues and time wasted fixing their errors. Actively looking for other options.

CONS

- WebPT recently switched clearing houses from Office Ally to Availity and I was assured it would be a seamless transition. None of my charges were going through due to EDI errors. No one knew what was happening so they had me complete the change over early. I filled out all forms several times because apparently there is no communication in this organization. Constant phone calls/emails stating I needed to complete forms I already completed. Called and after a 45-minute wait no answers, just do the forms again or call the insurance companies. I could not submit charges for one MONTH. That is crushing for a startup practice. Turns out they never sent me the emails with instructions on what to change in their bill on my end. So I got an apology, great - Upon setting up my account Webpt put the incorrect clinic info (phone number and fax) on all outgoing faxes. For 3 months I was wondering why I never got POC returned until a doctor called personally and asked for my fax # because everything was getting kicked back. - More recently entire notes won't load (charges are missing, portions of notes) After submitting a ticket they say it is because 1)my internet is too slow (it's about 5x their recommended speeds) 2) I have too many windows open (apparently the scheduler and a documentation note are too many) and 3) I'm not completing the notes fast enough, so, start from scratch and do an evaluation again. - Support hold wait times, more than an hour at times

Suzanne

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

The private practice doesn't matter to them...

Don't use their billing system - they will nearly destroy you. EMR is fair, but cumbersome. Not efficient in this time of productivity demands due to low reimbursement. REACH has been helpful to us, but is a piecemeal approach and you pay "extra". Love the outcome measures feature but doesn't integrate to this point for MIPS reporting. KEET MIPS has been misrepresented in 2023 (since they merged with Clinicient) and markedly increases the therapist's work - doesn't integrate with the current documentation system which then means you double the work for outcome measures and reporting - as per usual 'their team is working on an integration". Typical WebPT rolling out/selling a product that is not "ready". Generally, support is poor - and I stand by this on all fronts. If they answer you within 48 hours they count it as "responding", but in reality they don't usually solve the problem - they just ask a question to divert it and "pass the buck". We have been with WebPT 12 years - just added their billing system January 2023... that was the proverbial straw to break the camels back. We can't run fast enough at this point. 5 office practice. Leaving. They are too big to care.

PROS

WebPT REACH may have had the largest impact positively on our practice. Otherwise, their EMR software is being lapped by more efficient customizable programs.

CONS

Support. Support. Support. Products sold that actually aren't ready! They lie!

Reason for choosing WebPT

At the time, they were the best fit to represent us appropriately - that was 12 years ago.

Megan-Marie

Reviewed November 2016

Web PT review

This system is wonderful. We love it. It's detailed and can get a little tedious but is progressively improving.

PROS

A detailed, thorough system. User friendly, once you get used to where every thing is. Can be accessed anywhere which is huge, as people prefer different forms of documentation (phone, ipad, lap top, etc.) Scheduling is easy Nice overall presentation when notes are done

CONS

Not geared as well for cash-only clinics regarding. Oftentimes we have patients pay for packages of sessions, and it's hard to divide the payments as they use up their sessions in terms of creating superbills for them. We have to manually input the charges each time, which is time consuming. Payments are located under particular cases, which is great, but a "full summary" of all payments would be appreciated so we can completely monitor, as we also have a chiropractor using the system and we will work together, treating the same patient in the same day. This makes payment tracking complicated sometimes when we have to look back. Also the software doesn't prepare superbills that can directly be sent to patients, so we end up having to manually create them ourselves too. We will store credit card numbers for patients who prefer it, and there isn't an easy way to do this either. This could all be better for the direction health care is going (out-of-network, cash only, etc.). If there was a way to make the calendar more effective like adding daily or weekly notes to it, without it interfering with scheduling, or ways to distinguish various lunch/open/close times during the week, that would make things look more organized as well! Creating customized HIPAA compliant email/intake forms, consent forms, or any general form that we upload and then send to people through webPT, where they can sign on computers and send back directly into their account would be AMAZING. Any way where they can make their profile with medical history would be great, like a portal.

Tiffany

Reviewed March 2018

ready to change

PROS

The web pt templates are easy to learn. Being able to fax the notes out through webpt is a convenient and time saving function. Integration between webpt and therabill needs work. I've had EOBs go missing

CONS

WebPT/Therabill has caused me a lot of headaches. I am researching other softwares as a result. I've heard lots of good stuff but had nothing but troubles with their customer support and integration. I've had EOBs sent out but go missing via therabill. I've had my EMR system not get upgraded, but of course I was paying for those updates. I had a custom table ordered which never came and they were slow to refund me. Most recently, there was some sort of payment issue which was identified in a new calendar year after my accounting was done and now somehow its my fault even though they failed to notify me in a timely manner (4 months later) when it was an autopay set up. I think if you are a larger clinic it probably works fine but they are not committed to keeping the smaller clinics happy.

Roger

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2017

Overall easy to navigate and become effecient in patient documentation.

It is appreciated when customer service reaches out to enhance our WebPT experience. It would improve the continued relationship with WebPT if a customer care/service person is designated for a clinic and can help walk each clinic through any and all particular nuance of WebPT.

PROS

For the most part easy to navigate though documentation. Once you have used WebPT for a few months you can develop an efficient system for effective notes. Thus allowing for customization for your specific needs via Smart Text. WebPT allows for detailed documentation which is so important in this day and age. In addition WebPT is follows Medicare guidelines having reminders in place for PRs, etc. Customer service has been good.

CONS

Difficulty in use of the flowsheet as point and click requires quite a bit of scrolling to get to the exercises desired. Developing own exercise flow sheet takes time. Smart texts are not pre-loaded which also takes time to develop own smart text system. Compatibility with Apple systems was limited when we first started with WebPT.

Leann

Reviewed May 2023

WebPT is a good program.

Overall, my experience has been slightly above average.I have had a bit of trouble with the fees. I have called and the associate has told me to do one thing but then I call back and I am told to do another.

PROS

I like that Therabill is integrated into the WebPT platform.

CONS

I have a few things that I dislike. 1. I very much dislike that SMART PHRASE is unavailable. 2. I dislike that the price of my package increases frequently. 3. I do not like the frequent glitches. For example, all the sudden it no longer lets us chart up to the 10th visit for Medicare. It stops us at 9 and will not allow a daily note on the 9th visit. It demands a Progress note. 4. I do not like that when I have to cancel a client, it disappears from the schedule completely. It makes it difficult for future scheduling for the following week. It would be great if it would just fade out and say "cancel".

Asia