What are WebPT users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using WebPT software through verified user reviews

• icon"Very user friendly and easy to fill out the needed fields. Reports are clean and easy to read."
  • icon"Very user friendly interface. Lots of useful information online."
  • icon"I like how user-friendly this software is. I use it on a daily basis and I love it."
  • icon"More recently they are having problems with documenting cancellations and no shows which they were not even aware of."
  • icon"I have multiple groups that are multispeciality, who find it does not work as well for their providers who are not Physical Therapists."
  • icon"I made them aware of the problem and they claim it will be referred to their Tier Two team and it has been a month or longer and the issue has not been resolved and eventually it is just ignored."

Browse all WebPT Reviews

• Have you used WebPT and would like to share your experience with others?

Shoshana Malka

WebPT Review by Physical Therapy clinic

I use WebPT daily because I get authorization for the patients that are doing Physical Therapy in our clinic. I review the notes and use the information to submit my authorization requests. We see approximately 20-30 patients a day so I'm looking over a lot of WebPT therapy notes.

Pros

It has very clear templates and it's easy to find information. The records are very easy for even a layperson to understand, but thorough enough that the insurance companies easily provide authorization for services. Even when we need to have a substitute from an agency they are able to plug the information into the note and keep to the format we are used to thanks to WebPT

Cons

I don't like that it costs money to integrate each aspect separately, we currently have an account you can't use for billing. I also can't see the calendar view so if the name of a patient is misspelled it's hard to pull up their account.

Reasons for switching to WebPT

We still use eclinicalworks for other aspects of our medical practice but it did not have enough capabilities for us for the physical therapy aspect, webpt is much more user friendly and the way it's set up enables us to get more therapy approved and paid for.

Jeanette

April 2022

WebPT is good BUT expensive!

Decent experience. Very functional but tedious with time consumption. There are a lot better options available with more inclusive features for less cost.

Pros

Easy to understand. Able to create evaluation and treatment templates so that you didn't have to write the same verbiage. Could carry over notes from the time before.

Cons

Expensive. Require multiple tabs open for the same patient because the SOAP note and the exercise flowsheet were not on the same page. It took 15-20 minutes to complete a note because of toggling between multiple tabs. Offered a lot of features for exercises and CRM but all extra features were a la carte. The expense for a solo practitioner and then to add users was too expensive. It would have been better to charge per number of visits per month vs. number of users. EMR and billing integration was not as synced as should have bee.

Reasons for choosing WebPT

I initially chose WebPT because it seemed like everyone was using it and rated it highly. Unfortunately, it didn't meet my expectations and became a major source of frustration for me and my Administrative Specialist. I changed to PT Practice Pro and was much happier... until I discovered what I am currently using: PowerDiary.

Reasons for switching to WebPT

I had a free version with Practice Fusion and I needed something more robust.

Danita

WebPT destroyed a portion of my patient's medical documents

WebPT is the first EMR that I have used for my office. First of all it is not cheap and it makes me frustrated that I am not getting what I am paying for. My account is never credited if there are server issues and/or other problems that occur and are not resolved. They just give you empty promises the problems will be fixed and hope that you will eventually forget about them.

Pros

WebPT allows me to get my daily notes done in a more timely fashion and it works well with my billing company so billing is done on a daily basis.

Cons

WebPT has problems and when you call to make them aware of the problems if it is of a simple nature it will be taken care of but if it is of a difficult nature it will not be taken care of. I have reported problems to them a couple of years ago and they continue to occur and they have never been fixed. More recently they are having problems with documenting cancellations and no shows which they were not even aware of. I made them aware of the problem and they claim it will be referred to their Tier Two team and it has been a month or longer and the issue has not been resolved and eventually it is just ignored. So I lost a portion of my patient's chart and it cannot be reviewed and/or recovered. Their faxing capabilities only work with a small amount of information but patient's charts depending on how long the patient is seen can be a large amount of information and I have to figure out another way to get the requested documentation another way such as burning it to a disc. Initial evaluations take hours to put in and that is not efficient! There are times I sit on the phone waiting for them to respond to my call and I have been on the phone for 30 minutes or longer! I have more complaints but I do not have the space or the time to sit here and type all of those issues up for you to read.

Reasons for choosing WebPT

Probably because we could use our own billing to integrate with their product.

Kerry

March 2022

Great cloud-based documentation system, but there are some bugs.

Pros

WebPT was easy to learn to use and easier to start actually documenting patient care on. Scheduling is helpful and being able to access the patient's chart through the schedule itself is great.

Cons

The schedule really needs to have a tracking feature, where you can tell what date/time the appointment was scheduled, checked in, etc; and there needs to be a rescheduling feature instead of just "cancel" or "delete". Also, there is a field where you can enter a Return to Dr. date, when the patient returns to see their referring provider, but the field resets itself randomly and does not keep the date in place. I have contacted customer service multiple times about this and their suggestions are not helpful and have not solved the problem.

Reasons for choosing WebPT

WebPT was easier to learn and easier to navigate

Reasons for switching to WebPT

The version of ReDoc we were using was not cloud-based, it was a software download; that version was being discontinued so we had to change either to Redoc cloud or another cloud-based system.

Mike

WebPT

I used it for 3+ years during my first position as a physical therapist then again for 1+ year at another location. In total, I have used 3 different EMR systems (WebPT, Raintree, and one other that I can't remember because it was so terrible). WebPT is easily the best of the three I've used.

Pros

Clean UI and easy to navigate. Carried over useful information to make future notes easier

Cons

There tended to be a lot of drop down menus which would take time to click through though you also had the ability to just write in a comment section to summarize information

Betty

Very Pleased Customer

We are very pleased with WebPt. It is used all day, every day by all of our employees. The software is easy to adapt to from the very beginning. You would have to look really hard to find another software package for medical records to even come close to comparison.

Pros

the software is very easy to navigate from screen to screen. Everything you need is so neatly arranged for each patient. In the event I ever have an issue, the support team is always very eager to solve the issue and they are almost always patient and kind.

Cons

There is very little not to like about the software from WebPt. I really can't think of any thing at all to say negative about it.

Reasons for switching to WebPT

the ease of use, cost of use

I like the software and believe it is very user friendly

Pros

That it tracks most compliance and outcome measures without us having to cue staff or send out reminders to be within medicare guidelines. I think if they work out the bugs in the functional outcomes scoring that this will be a huge asset but right now it is too early and difficult to appropriately capture data.

Cons

The customer service just basically responds to all questions (if they respond) with "we will look into this" then asks "please rate our service today," and very often never addresses the responses and blows off the doctoral educated therapists as if the glitches in the system couldn't possibly be flaws of WebPT

Stephanie

April 2016

WEBPT IS THE ONLY CHOICE FOR PHYSICAL THERAPY ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS!

Currently, we utilize WEBPT in a very busy outpatient physical therapy clinic. When we started looking for EMR software a few years ago, we saw that there were very few Physical Therapy choices available that incorporated everything we were looking for in an EMR. It is very user-friendly, even for the technically challenged users in our clinic. One of the more important aspects of WEBPT is the efficient way we are kept compliant with all things Medicare! When Medicare requirements change, WEBPT will implement those changes well in advance of the start date, along with the necessary training. This ensures that clinics are comfortable with the changes and aren't scrambling at the last minute, wondering if their claims will get paid, or if their documentation is on point. I cannot stress how much we are pleased with WEBPT. It is THE ONLY CHOICE for Rehab Professionals!!

Pros

Ease of Use Efficiency with Front Office Package Documentation is very straight forward Customer Service Reps Compliance with Insurance Changes Schedule is easy to use and read

Cons

Fewer clicks between tabs

Joan

a flexible tool

The reports are helping us track our referral sources Adapting the content sections is helpful as we are using the system in a unique manner.

Pros

I am using the tool for my driver rehab services; selection of topics is possible for individuals Using the reports is something we are just starting to venture into as we have more patients.

Cons

limited ability to set up a custom structure which was something that sold us to this program. My time is spent doing the same tasks for each assessment. The layout of the assessment leaves disturbing spaces There seems to be inconsistent success with sending faxes

Poor Customer Service, Very overpriced compared to other options

Poor to Fair. Even when we were customers the service side was not very good.

Pros

It is designed for physical therapy, so that is helpful. THE software is good, the customer service is not.

Cons

When we transitioned from WebPT to a different provider, they were very unhelpful in the transition, to the point of with holding our export of records, not returning phone calls or emails and being very dismissive and almost ellusive about what we needed to do to make a smooth transition to a new company. No one likes customers to leave, I realize, however I would have expected a more professional approach.

I dont remember

Reasons for switching to WebPT

Practice Fusion had been free and was going to begin charging us, so we shopped around. REcently, due to some changes at our practice we began to look for a EMR that was less expensive and also more patient friendly. We found Jane app, which is 1/10 th the cost of WebPT. So it was a no brainer.

Valerie

Physical Therapy Review

We've been using WebPT for 4+ years. It is so easy to access patient's medical records and to share them with their doctors and the patient themselves.

Pros

We love how easy it is to use across the board for all of our employees. Our front desk, our physical therapists, and our billing/management department.

Cons

Our only complaint would be that the copays from the patients sometimes do not transfer to our Kareo (our billing system)

April

Software is easy to use and quick to learn.

The software is easy to use and does not require much time to figure out. Customer service is easy to use and is usually helpful to help address any problems you may have.

Pros

The software is easy to use and very functional. It did not take long to figure out how to learn the program.

Cons

Software could use bigger text boxes to write progress of goals. More boxes to meet speech therapy needs.

Kara

WebPT was the perfect office tool

Overall, WebPT was the perfect software for our outpatient office.

Pros

WebPT worked perfectly for our outpatient office; it gave us an easy method of scheduling and maintains patient charts.

Cons

There were truly no cons with this software; a few times the system was down but other than that it came back rather quickly.

Ryan W

I couldn't be more pleased with my overall experience with WebPT

I am able to do all of the things I would normally have to hire an entire staff for. I am extremely happy.

Pros

How easy it is to learn. I am more of a clinical practitioner and I have gotten quite comfortable in a short amount of time with the software.

Cons

Sterility of the graphics if I had to pick something at all. I really have no complaints. The graphics are the only thing I can think of.

Ashley

User-Friendly Scheduling Software!

Great experience overall. I have worked with WebPT for 5 years and only had an issue once on a Saturday when they were doing maintenance.

Pros

Scheduling patients is easy! I love the reports feature. You can view daily reports of patient payments, authorization reports, daily payments reports, etc. My parent's physical therapy practice has been using this software since 2012, where we have gone completely paperless! Everything is done on the computer. From the time the patient schedules the first visit, to the physical therapist writing the examination report/note, to the physical therapist aide viewing flowsheets (patient's exercise programs). It is especially easy for admin/aide/PT opening and closing procedures because of all the reports to view. In the morning we can view the schedule for the day, authorizations expiring, and make changes as necessary by dragging appointments. You can also view multiple therapist schedule's at once, if there are more than one therapist working at the practice. There is color coding in the scheduling feature for different therapies or to use internally, i.e., red = new patient; therapist needs to spend 1 hour with this patient or purple = child patient or orange = balance issues. On the schedule, I can quickly and easily see my day, by noticing how many new patients there are with the color coding, or let the PT know what type of patients are coming later in the day. At the end of the night, I can download total patient payments for the day and send to my manager via secure fax. This makes collecting and recording payments easy, and reduces the risk of missing payments.

Cons

Adding patients is a pain! When adding a new patient, you have to fill out ALL the information or else the patient is not saved. This is horrible while working because often times I'd be dealing with a new patient over the phone, a patient in person that wants to pay a copay, and the phone ringing on another line. While all this is happening, it would be great if I could "save my work" and go back to it later. If WebPT is worried that patients won't be added properly, then they can set up an annoying notifications system to let me know I need to finish my work. However, if a patient is not set up properly, the practice can't bill the insurance company and then we don't get paid--so trust me: we will fill out the information properly!!

Brian

WebPT review from a private outpatient practice with 3 offices

We have been using WebPT for 3 years. From implementation it has been a smooth transition and the WebPT support staff has been nothing short of amazing. The following is a breakdown of our experience: The Cons (if you can call them that): We found the flow sheet and home exercise aspect very cumbersome and not user friendly and from the get go decided to avoid it all together. For our clinic it probably works better as we still use a 1 page written flow sheet for our daily treatments. We do not utilize our EMR while treating patients so having flow sheets may be old fashioned but still works well. When our patient is discharged we just scan the flow sheet and any home exercises given to our patients into the eDocs. In addition, we are not currently using WebPT's billing software as we started before they developed the program. We started with Kareo on WebPT's recommendation, and it has sufficed. I would say there were more growing pains with Kareo in the beginning, but now we are managing fine. I think in the not too distant future we will be looking to transition to the WebPT platform. Pros: WebPT is VERY user friendly, our staff adjusted very fast and has not only embraced the implementation but has prospered since using it. Average daily notes take 2 minutes and evaluations approximately 10 minutes. Our productivity has increased throughout our clinic as well decreasing internal errors especially with billing. WebPT is ALWAYS up to date with any changes coming to the profession from ICD10 to PQRS. In addition, I find the webinars very relevant to private practice PT. WebPT is dedicated to the PT profession as a whole and strongly supports the APTA. Customer service is paramount when implementing any EMR system and WebPT excels in this, but what is more impressive is that the outstanding customer service continues every day whether being a new customer or being 3 years in. I think what best defines a company is how it responds to a problem or error. My clinic, unfortunately, had a significant PQRS reporting problem that was 100% WebPT's error. While being frustrated with the error (and let's be honest - PQRS in general) the WebPT staff starting with Heidi Jannenga, CEO who personally called and addressed the situation, took full responsibility and made no excuses. Within 1 week we had a resolution and plan in place - are you kidding me - 1 week - amazing! As a result of that, I will always be an advocate of WebPT!

Pros

see review Customer service Ease of use Innovation of company Customer service Customer service

Cons

see review Flow sheet/ home exercise program

Russ

WEBPT TOPS the EMR LIST

I was one of the original 100 members of WEBPT and I could not have advanced my practice without it, what 10 years ago? (not sure how long its been) and surely could not survive without it now. The ongoing onslaught of insurance changes, branches, etc etc., especially Medicare, PQRS, G Codes is challenging enough but would be unsurmountable without WEBPT. I love the webinars for education and the new program Rehab Nation to keep us in touch and involved. I love the store with discounted items in which believe me, I have checked around and there are some good discounts at the WEBPT STORE. I am a critics critic and expect quality and customer service, each of which I have received with WEBPT. Thank You.!

Pros

Cons

not enough to mention.

Megan-Marie

Web PT review

This system is wonderful. We love it. It's detailed and can get a little tedious but is progressively improving.

Pros

A detailed, thorough system. User friendly, once you get used to where every thing is. Can be accessed anywhere which is huge, as people prefer different forms of documentation (phone, ipad, lap top, etc.) Scheduling is easy Nice overall presentation when notes are done

Cons

Not geared as well for cash-only clinics regarding. Oftentimes we have patients pay for packages of sessions, and it's hard to divide the payments as they use up their sessions in terms of creating superbills for them. We have to manually input the charges each time, which is time consuming. Payments are located under particular cases, which is great, but a "full summary" of all payments would be appreciated so we can completely monitor, as we also have a chiropractor using the system and we will work together, treating the same patient in the same day. This makes payment tracking complicated sometimes when we have to look back. Also the software doesn't prepare superbills that can directly be sent to patients, so we end up having to manually create them ourselves too. We will store credit card numbers for patients who prefer it, and there isn't an easy way to do this either. This could all be better for the direction health care is going (out-of-network, cash only, etc.). If there was a way to make the calendar more effective like adding daily or weekly notes to it, without it interfering with scheduling, or ways to distinguish various lunch/open/close times during the week, that would make things look more organized as well! Creating customized HIPAA compliant email/intake forms, consent forms, or any general form that we upload and then send to people through webPT, where they can sign on computers and send back directly into their account would be AMAZING. Any way where they can make their profile with medical history would be great, like a portal.

Jan

Webpt for ParkerPT

We have loved the product that is why we considered expanding services with billing. The ease of access and management of the data is great.

Pros

The best feature initial was the ability to house all medical record information in one spot. No more paper was another great benefit. This freed up so much office space helps in keeping information confidential. We don't have to worry about archival or record disposal any more. We also loves how this product was created specifically for Physical Therapy. It made setup and use so easy.

Cons

I wish billing was available when we began using and now when we looked into the process was so cumbersome and difficult to find the time to implement. We have given up. The information requested was about providing insurance company information, why can't you pull this from WebPT?? Maybe have on-boarding meeting where you collect the information to setup billing. Seemed like we were required to do all the work to setup and who has time like that when running a business. There has to be an easier way.

Reasons for choosing WebPT

I can't remember all the product names, but most were generic medical record software. There would have been so much customization needed it would not be worth the money or time to do when there was already a product that was specific to our needs.

Reasons for switching to WebPT

We switched from paper records to WebPT. Even though this was mandated to go electronic we selected WebPT because the product was created specifically for Physical Therapy and we heard positive feedback from our peers in the field.

Jean

August 2015

Great EMR for outpatient occupational therapy!

Pros

This software is very intuitive and easy for therapists to learn. It has cut down on our documentation time, which is something I have heard never happens with EMRs. We have peace of mind in knowing that our Medicare and Medicaid notes are compliant as the software gives you multiple reminders of the areas to fill in. Once you get the red error messages a few times, you start to pay attention and learn the correct way to document to avoid the errors. The ICD-10 testing feature is awesome and the ICD-10 finder tool is very easy to use when you are documenting on your patient. We were very nervous to transition to EMR, thinking it would be a nightmare. The first 3 days were semi-challenging and then we had smooth sailing. The evaluation areas have many different tests but if you don't find what you need there is always the additional comments box that is helpful for clarification.

Cons

We are a hand therapy clinic, so we tend to document our splinting in the custom codes section since the codes listed on their billing sheet are not what we need. There tend to be a lot of codes on the billing sheet that we would never use but at this point, there is not an option to delete(not really a huge deal). The training process was OK. The training modules were not very helpful and at times did not work but we found "practice" to be the best learning tool as we transitioned from paper charts to EMR. During the "onboarding" process, you send an email to your specialist and will usually hear from them the next day and at times, we needed to have a response sooner. At this point, we are considered trained, so we can call the 800 number and usually can speak to someone within 20 minutes.

WebPT

WebPT has alot of benefits that other software like it does not and if you are trying to decide between them I would definitely go with WebPT they have great customer service support any time you call they do their best to help with the problem.

Pros

WebPT is the easiest electronic medical records software to use it is very userfriendy and easy to train employees on. The appointment reminders are a great feature and alot of patients sign up for them and we have seen an increase of patients making appointments because of the remiders. It is nice to be able to schedule for multiple providers without having to open a new screen or change a provider like you do on many other medical software. It is easy to add a new patient or new insurance or a new provider. Scanning documents directly into a patients chart is also a time saver and a neat feature as well as being able to fax initial evaluations or progress notes to doctors for signatures from WebPT.

Cons

Somtimes the software has a glitch and deletes an appointment or moves it to a different time.

Ellen

WebPT user review

WebPT is great because there is no need to purchase software, etc. WebPT is VERY labor intensive compared to other PT documentation systems. The upside is that you can count on WebPT to implement requirements into the software to help ensure compliance with Medicare, etc. I have considered leaving WebPT because it is so very time consuming to use as a documentation system. I wish it were more voice to text friendly with fewer tabs.

Pros

It incorporates regulations such as PQRS, etc.

Cons

It takes waa ay yy toooooo long to document anything. Too many tabs. A lot of redundancy. Not very voice to text compatible.

Response from WebPT

Hi Ellen, Thank you for taking the time to review us on Capterra. You mentioned wanting the ability to personalize templates, and I wanted to make sure you're familiar with the ability to create customizable templates within WebPT. The user guide for creating those custom eval profiles can be found here: https://community.webpt.com/education/user-guides/customized-initial-exam-user-guide/. I hope this helps you document faster! If you have other questions/concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to me at emily.ely@webpt.com. Thanks, Emily

Replied January 2017

Using WebPT in a private practice.

Once I got used to the system documenting was a breeze. I will be honest it takes time getting used to each EMR but WebPT was pretty quick. I had in down in a couple weeks. The first few weeks though were frustrating and I was not sure why we were using this new EMR, but after I became proficient I was glad we got it.

Pros

I love that the software can combine scheduling, billing, and documentation. This saved us a lot time. I really enjoy that you can load specific plans in the objective form. For example a form for a RTC tear will be very different from a TKA. So being able to make customized plans for specific diagnosis saves time and saving time documenting means you get to spend more time with each patient. Once a note is done you can easily access it for each patient that is simple and easy to read in the classic SOAP note format. I love that I can access their database from any computer with a secure login.

Cons

The software can be repetitive with some of the boxes that you need to check. I will be honest I get too many emails from them but I don't want to unsubscribe because about 2/5 are very important ones with updated information for the software.

Nicole

WebPT from an administrative persective

Pros

WebPT is very user friendly. All new hires pick up the program fairly quickly - both administrative personnel and Physical Therapists. WebPT appointments are color coded which is extremely helpful for scheduling. There are several reports that we use frequently in our office - payment reports, Medicare cap reports, billing reports, etc. Patient accounts hold everything that our office needs: insurance details, prescription details, authorization details, and a place to scan documents.

Cons

Our biggest con with WebPT is that there is no excellent way to make sure that our patients do not get scheduled or seen past their authorization, visit, or prescription limit. There is a dashboard but we don't find that it works well nor is it efficient. Many patients don't show up on the report in the amount of time that we need to get authorization. We wish that WebPt would flag our front desk if they are scheduling an appointment beyond a limit that we have set up.

Roger

Overall easy to navigate and become effecient in patient documentation.

It is appreciated when customer service reaches out to enhance our WebPT experience. It would improve the continued relationship with WebPT if a customer care/service person is designated for a clinic and can help walk each clinic through any and all particular nuance of WebPT.

Pros

For the most part easy to navigate though documentation. Once you have used WebPT for a few months you can develop an efficient system for effective notes. Thus allowing for customization for your specific needs via Smart Text. WebPT allows for detailed documentation which is so important in this day and age. In addition WebPT is follows Medicare guidelines having reminders in place for PRs, etc. Customer service has been good.

Cons

Difficulty in use of the flowsheet as point and click requires quite a bit of scrolling to get to the exercises desired. Developing own exercise flow sheet takes time. Smart texts are not pre-loaded which also takes time to develop own smart text system. Compatibility with Apple systems was limited when we first started with WebPT.

4.38/5 out of 424 reviews